PDA

View Full Version : Cheer up

AugustaHibs
02-03-2019, 07:09 PM
Unfortunately we got beat by a team worth 50 million more than ours. Hibs were okay today, not great but also not as bad as some were making out. What’s with all the hysteria? Can only think it’s to do with Lennon being back and his fan club coming out for a night

elevengoats
02-03-2019, 07:14 PM
Unfortunately we got beat by a team worth 50 million more than ours. Hibs were okay today, not great but also not as bad as some were making out. What’s with all the hysteria? Can only think it’s to do with Lennon being back and his fan club coming out for a night

Yeah, I thought we didn't give much away defensively, they only had a few chances. The problem was that we didn't have a single decent chance. A single one. We of course chose to play that way but I guess some people here were hoping that we will have a proper go at them. Hence the negative sentiment. But yeah, people will get over this quickly enough.

BoyledEgg
02-03-2019, 07:16 PM
Rangers game will be a horror story on Friday night if we play like that.

coldingham hibs
02-03-2019, 07:20 PM

Totally agree, Rangers will hammer us if we play like we did today. They are far sharper upfront than Celtic at the moment.

judas
02-03-2019, 07:23 PM
I’m with the OP.

Celtic are a club with a vast and decisive wealth now managed by a trained monkey, which sadly, is all that’s required to lead such a team to dominion over domestic minions.

Since90+2
02-03-2019, 07:23 PM
Totally agree, Rangers will hammer us if we play like we did today. They are far sharper upfront than Celtic at the moment.

Rangers are not as good as Celtic. The league position shows that.

We have not been "hammered" at home for years and have played better teams than this Sevco side over that time so let's not go overboard. If we play better than we did tonight we will have a decent chance of a result on Friday.

The Harp Awakes
02-03-2019, 07:28 PM
I’m with the OP.

Celtic are a club with a vast and decisive wealth now managed by a trained monkey, which sadly, is all that’s required to lead such a team to dominion over domestic minions.

How come we won so easily and played off the park the last time the came to Easter Road then? That was the 1st time in 4 attempts at Easter Road they've won. They won tonight so easily purely due to poor tactics and lack of belief from Hibs.

calumhibee1
02-03-2019, 07:29 PM

Why? It was hardly a horror story tonight against a better team.

judas
02-03-2019, 07:30 PM
How come we won so easily and played off the park the last time the came to Easter Road then? That was the 1st time in 4 attempts at Easter Road they've won. They won tonight so easily purely due to poor tactics and lack of belief from Hibs.

Because this time they didn’t have an off day.

04Sauzee
02-03-2019, 07:34 PM

Check out the teams from the last time.
What form were Celtic in then as apposed to now
There are loads of factors as to why we don't beat Celtic every time. If we played how we did against Celtic last time we would win the league. If Celtic played as they did against us they'd finish about 4th.

The Harp Awakes
02-03-2019, 07:41 PM
Check out the teams from the last time.
What form were Celtic in then as apposed to now
There are loads of factors as to why we don't beat Celtic every time. If we played how we did against Celtic last time we would win the league. If Celtic played as they did against us they'd finish about 4th.

The difference is we were positive and had belief last time. Tonight there was no belief in the Hibs team. We made it easy for Celtic.

04Sauzee
02-03-2019, 07:46 PM
The difference is we were positive and had belief last time. Tonight there was no belief in the Hibs team. We made it easy for Celtic.

The belief coming from a goal in the first minute.
Think Paul has to get us to the end of the season and get his own players in

SideBurns
02-03-2019, 07:48 PM
Hearts have now got less chance of winning the cup (in case they're taking any pleasure from our exit) 🙂

BoyledEgg
02-03-2019, 08:03 PM
Why? It was hardly a horror story tonight against a better team.

Celtic are happy to keep possession, tire the opposition out and create openings, which they done comfortably tonight. That game tonight was brutal, would rather lose 4-0 having a go than lose 2-0 chasing shadows for 90 minutes.

Rangers are just attack attack attack. If we sit off them like we sat off Celtic, trust me it will be messy. They could score at will if we invite them to.

One Day Soon
02-03-2019, 08:14 PM

Absolutely right. There is no team in this league that we shouldn't be attacking at home. None.

scooby
02-03-2019, 08:22 PM
I thought we played quite well in the first half, and were never in any real trouble. I expected us to really have a go in the second half, but it never materialised.
They were patient and took their chances when they came, we never really created any.
Pretty gutted really.

Hulk1875
02-03-2019, 08:38 PM

I’m not agreeing with the Lennon fan club thing but what your saying they had some class players out there and we’ve just got new manger having to make do with a team that ain’t fit for purpose

Hulk1875
02-03-2019, 08:39 PM
We hoped to get a result hoped to have put up better fight but it’s finish high as possible
This season and on to next

wookie70
02-03-2019, 08:41 PM

If Celtic had played the way they did the last time they visited I would have fancied us to win comfortably again. They played well tonight and were just better than us. What tactics should we have played to play them off the park

One Day Soon
02-03-2019, 08:53 PM
If Celtic had played the way they did the last time they visited I would have fancied us to win comfortably again. They played well tonight and were just better than us. What tactics should we have played to play them off the park

We certainly didn't play the same way as last time - we didn't set out to - and that was despite not knowing before the game how well or poorly they would play. If you constantly invite Celtic on to you by trying to defend the last third and hoping to hit them on the break, then in 9 games out of 10 they will score and beat you.

bookert
02-03-2019, 10:15 PM

My worry is they made a simple change at half time, moving forrest from wing to the hole behind eduard and that completely finished us, we didn't react to the change either on the pitch or from the coaching staff.

calumhibee1
03-03-2019, 12:21 AM

Exactly. Celtic were woeful when we beat them 2-0 in December. They have been excellent since the winter break and until Forrest pinged in a screamer we'd managed to contain them pretty comfortably. The tactics were undone by a screamer as far as I could see and we just couldn't really do much to change it round.

green day
03-03-2019, 05:57 AM
My worry is they made a simple change at half time, moving forrest from wing to the hole behind eduard and that completely finished us, we didn't react to the change either on the pitch or from the coaching staff.

Milligan was there for that very reason, and didn't deal with it.

He took a dunt in the first half and was off pace thereafter. It was also clear when Marv arrived that he was off the pace.

We need younger DMs for next year I'm afraid.

CLASS OF 72 -73
03-03-2019, 11:14 AM

Hibs were okay? Is that because we didn't get thumped? Hardly got a chance on goal we at best average in midfield and sadly lacking defensively.

Captain Trips
03-03-2019, 11:28 AM
Exactly. Celtic were woeful when we beat them 2-0 in December. They have been excellent since the winter break and until Forrest pinged in a screamer we'd managed to contain them pretty comfortably. The tactics were undone by a screamer as far as I could see and we just couldn't really do much to change it round.

Correct when you get pumped at home v Hamilton or the likes is the time to worry.

southsider
03-03-2019, 01:03 PM
We let Brown run the whole show & never once got in his face. Was devistated when I got home last night & don’t feel much better now. I thought we had a real chance but easy beat in the end. But I will be back on Friday to cheer on my team.

Hermit Crab
03-03-2019, 01:06 PM
Cheer up, cheer up, the boys will see you through...:singing:

Speedway
03-03-2019, 01:09 PM
Woeful, pumped, lack of fight, if we play like that in training, the cones will pump us and it’ll be a sair one.

Keith_M
03-03-2019, 01:12 PM

:top marks

pacoluna
03-03-2019, 01:19 PM

Yes Celtic were woeful and it had nothing to do with the way we set up ofcourse.

Cabbie1875
03-03-2019, 01:45 PM

We were bloody awful yesterday! A disgrace from from to back, not looking forward to the huns game if we play like that, we will be in for a real arse kicking if we do

calumhibee1
03-03-2019, 01:45 PM
Yes Celtic were woeful and it had nothing to do with the way we set up ofcourse.

We played well. For anyone in Scotland to be able to beat Celtic, a team with about 6 or 7 players who could well be classed as £10m+ players then you have to hope that they play poorly or you wont beat them. If Celtic play well then it doesn’t matter how good we are, we won’t win. Hibs players absolute maximum performance isn’t good enough to deal with £10m+ players playing well. That goes for every other team in Scotland when they play Celtic and the same applies when Celtic play bigger teams in Europe.

calumhibee1
03-03-2019, 01:46 PM
We were bloody awful yesterday! A disgrace from from to back, not looking forward to the guns game if we play like that, we will be in for a real arse kicking if we do

Why will we be in for an arse kicking? We didn’t get an arse kicking yesterday, we got beat by two screamers and limited Celtic to very little else. The Huns aren’t as good as Celtic so I’m not sure how that equates to an arse kicking being on the cards.

MB62
03-03-2019, 01:53 PM

But we never looked like even having a shot at goal, far less scoring, so the tactics were to get a 0-0 draw and get them back to Darkheid? Brilliant tactics that!
We defended quite well but that was it, and that's not good enough for me in a home cup tie.

calumhibee1
03-03-2019, 02:08 PM
But we never looked like even having a shot at goal, far less scoring, so the tactics were to get a 0-0 draw and get them back to Darkheid? Brilliant tactics that!
We defended quite well but that was it, and that's not good enough for me in a home cup tie.

We never played well, not going forward anyway. Just because we didn’t play well though it doesn’t necessarily mean the game plan was wrong, Celtic just played pretty well themselves and we couldn’t really create much against them due to that.

Let’s keep in mind Celtic have conceded 2 goals in their last 11 domestic games, one of them a penalty and the other from expecting the other team would throw them the ball back and they’ve won every single one of they games. To me it’s hardly unthinkable that we would also struggle to score/create against them. Every other team they’ve played domestically recently has struggled to do it aswell. It’s not just as simple as saying “why didn't we just go and create some chances?” which seems to be most people’s gripe.

Keith_M
03-03-2019, 02:09 PM

None of the efforts were great but we actually did have shots at goal. The fact we didn't score from them weren't tactics, just that they were poor efforts.

I agree, though, that we did play better in that league game.