PDA

View Full Version : I know it's catA but...

hibIBZ
02-03-2019, 04:38 PM
Picking up my ticket and 2 German(?) Guys asked me to get them tickets because they wouldn't sell them as they aren't on the database, guy aw me talking to them and wouldn't sell me 2 tickets, come on. I knoe it's catA but surely a bit of common sense

green day
02-03-2019, 05:10 PM
Anyone got a contact for fans reps? Utterly ridiculous pre match, stewards closed the gate outside West (the one that's shut post match against CatA clubs).

Loads of hibbies pissed off and being treated like crap by the police.
Police say it is Hibs decision - which sounds like bollocks

hibbysam
02-03-2019, 05:12 PM
Picking up my ticket and 2 German(?) Guys asked me to get them tickets because they wouldn't sell them as they aren't on the database, guy aw me talking to them and wouldn't sell me 2 tickets, come on. I knoe it's catA but surely a bit of common sense

I think it’s a perfect response. I’d rather not be infiltrated by those mutants (Celtic fans not yer Germans) on a day like today. Was bad enough having them above us in the 2013 final.

Hulk1875
02-03-2019, 06:56 PM
I think it’s a perfect response. I’d rather not be infiltrated by those mutants (Celtic fans not yer Germans) on a day like today. Was bad enough having them above us in the 2013 final.

2 young lassies behind me west lower one with Celtic scarf in her pocket so doesn’t work that well Glasgow accents aswell so not from here, surely if forgein fans can provide passports and travel documents you could give them a ticket sorta thing

Halmyre Hibee
02-03-2019, 07:43 PM
Anyone got a contact for fans reps? Utterly ridiculous pre match, stewards closed the gate outside West (the one that's shut post match against CatA clubs).

My sister & I pop in every pre match to see our dad who stays in Albion Gardens flats. This is the first time I have beyrefused entry to the West stand through the gates. They opened it for a disabled fan but we had to walk round via the ticket office entrance against the flow of the Celtic fans. Imagine having to do this v Rangers or Hearts. Disgraceful decision.

BullsCloseHibs
02-03-2019, 07:45 PM
2 young lassies behind me west lower one with Celtic scarf in her pocket so doesn’t work that well Glasgow accents aswell so not from here, surely if forgein fans can provide passports and travel documents you could give them a ticket sorta thing

Saw Celtic fans in Hearts end on tv on Wednesday night when Celtic scored. How did they manage that?!

judas
02-03-2019, 08:16 PM

Hibernian FC are without a doubt commercially reta4ded

Making it as hard as possible to part with your cash appears to be hibs speciality. Whether it’s off putting queues at the ticket office, shop or bar in f5 stand or database farces (like the one you described) you can be assured that hibs set the bar.

It’s good to be the best at something.

hibee
02-03-2019, 08:22 PM
We should be promoting our games to tourists and taking their money, not refusing them entry because they’re not regulars.

I’d be really disappointed if I couldn’t see a game on holiday because it was the first time I’d visited the ground, isn’t that one of the reasons for going to see different stadiums when you’re travelling.

telford hibbee
02-03-2019, 08:26 PM

Yes they made us walk through the Celtic support to get to our seats “safely”. Not impressed with this at all and needs sorted before someone gets hurt by away fans.

Rocky
02-03-2019, 08:33 PM

Agree, that was ridiculous, having to walk back through that manky mob. If they're going to do that at least include it in the matchday info post on the website. It's just a lack of respect for us that makes them think that's acceptable - what were they expecting, an invasion of that gate by Celtic fans? If so, why send your own fans back through them?

green day
02-03-2019, 08:35 PM
I have sent a PM to Tracey, fans rep, to find out what's going on. Will post back when I hear.

Celtic fans are certainly a joy to have to walk through......

green day
07-03-2019, 08:15 PM

I thought it was worth posting the follow up to this one - I contacted fans rep Tracey, who spoke to Hibs security head.

It seems that some Celtic fans had been trying to access the main entrance from through those gates and a decision was made to shut the gate.

Stewards (and possibly the police, I cant remember) had been told to allow Hibs fans through, but the message seems to have got lost somewhere along the line, hence the blank looks from the stewards when we spoke to them.

It is not the intention that this gate will be routinely closed pre match. I think we all know by now that for Cat A matches it is shut for about 20 minutes post match to allow the Orcs time to GTF.

Tracey has also suggested to Hibs that any changes to normal procedures should appear in the Matchday info in advance (obviously that wont help cases where they have to react to a specific circumstance).

I should also say, a big thanks to Tracey for getting a response on this and explaining it over the phone earlier.
Cheers ! :thumbsup:

Rocky
07-03-2019, 08:23 PM
Thanks green day and Tracey, I guess that's fair enough, it's good that you both took the time to follow up on it.

Keith_M
07-03-2019, 08:43 PM
They made Hibs Supporters that wanted to go up Easter Road take a detour down St Clair St then back up Easter Road. Once I reached the entrance to Albion Road, both sets of Fans then mixed freely.

Could anybody explain the logic of that one, because I see no sense in it whatsoever.

Rocky
07-03-2019, 08:56 PM
They made Hibs Supporters that wanted to go up Easter Road take a detour down St Clair St then back up Easter Road. Once I reached the entrance to Albion Road, both sets of Fans then mixed freely.

Could anybody explain the logic of that one, because I see no sense in it whatsoever.

They always do that in Cat A, it means the crowds have spread out a lot (and many have gone off in a different direction) before meeting up again. It's easy to see how thousands of fans converging simultaneously on Albion road has much bigger potential for a flashpoint.

LancashireHibby
07-03-2019, 09:09 PM

Completely understand the reasoning why they do it, but the barrier is one of the main reasons I’m not attending on Friday as it makes it nigh-on impossible to make it back to Waverley for the 22:13 train home.

SRHibs
07-03-2019, 09:10 PM
South stand is for the Huns!

beensaidbefore
07-03-2019, 09:18 PM

I have had the misfortune of being allowed to walk down albion Rd after a match with the huns mixing freely. They were gobbing on folk, harassing folk and generally being bullies. Those that tried to stand up to them ended up getting slapped about and chased down the road. Women and kids there and they didn't care.

Allowing that in the current climate would be a recipe for disaster.

Gatecrasher
07-03-2019, 09:48 PM

Just buy them online and send them to their email.

Antifa Hibs
08-03-2019, 08:43 AM
Common sense needs to prevail. When i went to Utrecht (I'm sure it was them) Dutch nationals couldn't buy tickets unless you were a member or ST card holder. Tourists who could prove they weren't dutch would be one ticket as along as they had a passport for proof with them. Could easily implement that at ER. Allow a non UK or Irish passport holder to purchase 1 ticket.

ian cruise
08-03-2019, 08:50 AM
Common sense needs to prevail. When i went to Utrecht (I'm sure it was them) Dutch nationals couldn't buy tickets unless you were a member or ST card holder. Tourists who could prove they weren't dutch would be one ticket as along as they had a passport for proof with them. Could easily implement that at ER. Allow a non UK or Irish passport holder to purchase 1 ticket.

I wouldn't even do non UK passport holders, plenty visitors from England, etc to Edinburgh and they're more likely to make return visits. Proof of identity with current address if UK (so driving licence, passport and recent letter to home address) so if there was trouble they're easily identifiable. Club have right to refuse entry so if you're trying to buy a ticket for todays game and your address is Shettleston they can decline to sell you a ticket but if its York then they can make a judgement call.

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2019, 09:12 AM
To me it is nuts!

We are turning away badly needed revenue

I agree they are not all genuine cases

I have witnessed myself obvious genuine cases being turned away point blank from the Ticket Office

It would not happen in my business or any other business

Perhaps we should allocate a small section for tourists and assorted walk ups where they can be closely
moniitored and observed

I believe this is something they do in the EPL

Steve-O
08-03-2019, 10:10 AM
Hibernian FC are without a doubt commercially reta4ded

Making it as hard as possible to part with your cash appears to be hibs speciality. Whether it’s off putting queues at the ticket office, shop or bar in f5 stand or database farces (like the one you described) you can be assured that hibs set the bar.

It’s good to be the best at something.

Don’t forget the £20 international delivery fee that puts me right off buying anything online from the club shop.

hibbyfraelibby
08-03-2019, 10:21 AM

Germans? As in... mmmmm🤔

Hermit Crab
08-03-2019, 10:26 AM
Just buy them online and send them to their email.

Thats what I was thinking, buy them online, email the link to them then they can print them at their hotel.

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2019, 11:45 AM
Germans? As in... mmmmm🤔

Thatll be the two Huns from Hamburg that we’re on here begging for tickets a couple of months back :greengrin

https://youtu.be/5KAjHAH6-VQ

Sean1875
08-03-2019, 11:57 AM
We saw what happened when our stands got infiltrated with Huns when they won the league at ER when the east was being built, fighting all over the place. I agree its something that should potentially be looked into but the idea of just selling to any old person who walks up to the TO with a German accent is madness.

Jamesie
08-03-2019, 12:01 PM
Don’t forget the £20 international delivery fee that puts me right off buying anything online from the club shop.

Can offset that (if you buy enough stuff) with the lack of VAT :wink:

Antifa Hibs
08-03-2019, 01:45 PM
Sean1875 wrote...
We saw what happened when our stands got infiltrated with Huns when they won the league at ER when the east was being built, fighting all over the place. I agree its something that should potentially be looked into but the idea of just selling to any old person who walks up to the TO with a German accent is madness.

Except no-one actually said that.

Also can't remember any fighting in the stands at that game.

Sean1875
08-03-2019, 02:22 PM
Except no-one actually said that.

Also can't remember any fighting in the stands at that game.

Obviously not in those exact words but its essentially the point that's being made - people are expecting tourists to just be able to rock up to the Ticket Office and get tickets to Cat A games no bother and Hibs are idiots for turning them away, it just cant work like that.

I saw at least 3 fights myself and sitting in the South stand there was a group of 10 or so Hibs fan tried to rush a group of Rangers fans which were being chucked out the Hibs end - could have ended a lot worse than it did.

leith_hibs
08-03-2019, 03:06 PM
Obviously not in those exact words but its essentially the point that's being made - people are expecting tourists to just be able to rock up to the Ticket Office and get tickets to Cat A games no bother and Hibs are idiots for turning them away, it just cant work like that.

I saw at least 3 fights myself and sitting in the South stand there was a group of 10 or so Hibs fan tried to rush a group of Rangers fans which were being chucked out the Hibs end - could have ended a lot worse than it did.

If this is the 2005 game when McLeish told his players to play keep the ball at the back for 20 mins before the full time whistle after going 1 up, which meant Hibs were in Europe? From my vantage point behind the dug outs there was NO fighting just plenty of goading from The Gers fans, they had just won the league on the last day.

If it’s not this game that you’re talking about then my apologies.

Anyway, on another note when I was collecting my tickets today 3 old boys from Denmark got turned away for tickets they wanted for the night as they weren’t on the database.

Sean1875
08-03-2019, 03:20 PM
If this is the 2005 game when McLeish told his players to play keep the ball at the back for 20 mins before the full time whistle after going 1 up, which meant Hibs were in Europe? From my vantage point behind the dug outs there was NO fighting just plenty of goading from The Gers fans, they had just won the league on the last day.

If it’s not this game that you’re talking about then my apologies.

Anyway, on another note when I was collecting my tickets today 3 old boys from Denmark got turned away for tickets they wanted for the night as they weren’t on the database.

Na mate was referring to the game when the East Stand was being built so we were all shifted into the South Stand for the game - Google telling me it was 2010.