PDA

View Full Version : Excuse my French

sadtom
02-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Stumbled across this article on the Embra derby on a French football site.
After hitting the 'translate this article' button I think I have a new favourite nomenclature for our near neighbours.
They've always been 'hertz' or 'hawrts' for me...always thought 'yams' was incredibly naff. Now, (thanks to 'web translate') we have a new winner! Here is one extract, of several, which mentions it...
"The Irish flag is proudly released in the Roseburn Tribune, reserved for the Hibs. The visitors are surrounded by the most fervent supporters of Jam pies:thumbsup:. Kids who wield union Jack as a sign of provocation. The establishment faces the Bohemian roots of Irish Catholic emigrants."
Web translate also appears to have 'issues' with the colour 'maroon'..."Steven Naismith...absent from the derby, the whole brown people :greengrin tremble."
I'm sure this will cause a great deal of consternation in Section SS or C18 or whatever the f*** they call it. ����
It's true, it's true! Dugmerde doesn't show on a 'brown' jersey.
BAISER LE JAM PIES!
GGTTH

*link to full article - http://www.footmercato.net/autre-championnat/hearts-hibernian-dans-la-ferveur-de-tynecastle-park-au-coeur-du-derby-d-edimbourg_240188

Dan Sarf
02-03-2019, 10:10 AM
Stumbled across this article on the Embra derby on a French football site.
After hitting the 'translate this article' button I think I have a new favourite nomenclature for our near neighbours.
They've always been 'hertz' or 'hawrts' for me...always thought 'yams' was incredibly naff. Now, (thanks to 'web translate') we have a new winner! Here is one extract, of several, which mentions it...
"The Irish flag is proudly released in the Roseburn Tribune, reserved for the Hibs. The visitors are surrounded by the most fervent supporters of Jam pies:thumbsup:. Kids who wield union Jack as a sign of provocation. The establishment faces the Bohemian roots of Irish Catholic emigrants."
Web translate also appears to have 'issues' with the colour 'maroon'..."Steven Naismith...absent from the derby, the whole brown people :greengrin tremble."
I'm sure this will cause a great deal of consternation in Section SS or C18 or whatever the f*** they call it. ����
It's true, it's true! Dugmerde doesn't show on a 'brown' jersey.
BAISER LE JAM PIES!
GGTTH

*link to full article - http://www.footmercato.net/autre-championnat/hearts-hibernian-dans-la-ferveur-de-tynecastle-park-au-coeur-du-derby-d-edimbourg_240188

Allez les Bohemian emigrants! :flag:

Pretty Boy
02-03-2019, 10:12 AM
'The establishment faces the bohemian....'

I like that.

Callyballybe
02-03-2019, 11:03 AM
Jam pies is brilliant. 😂

CockneyRebel
02-03-2019, 11:08 AM
Allez les Bohemian emigrants! - do the fandango!

judas
02-03-2019, 04:29 PM
Jam Pies. Yes that’s the one

Here’s Lucy!
02-03-2019, 04:52 PM
Ftjp