PDA

View Full Version : A View from the Terrace

jakeds
02-03-2019, 12:25 AM
Anyone else watch on bbc Scotland tonight?
Good to see a new and different program on Scottish football and it ended with a nice rendition of sunshine on leith sung by a hibs fan.

Oh and the jambo on the panel is so confident they will beat thistle on Monday he has said he will sing sunshine on leith on the show if they get beat, so here’s hoping!!

SteveHFC
02-03-2019, 12:46 AM
Enjoyed the lower league stuff. :aok:

CMurdoch
02-03-2019, 02:45 AM
Enjoyed the lower league stuff. :aok:

Yeah, that was good and a bit different

cabbageandribs1875
02-03-2019, 03:46 AM
Good to see a new and different program on Scottish football and it ended with a nice rendition of sunshine on leith sung by a hibs fan.

Oh and the jambo on the panel is so confident they will beat thistle on Monday he has said he will sing sunshine on leith on the show if they get beat, so here’s hoping!!

his team will thump partick

DavieRoy
02-03-2019, 11:12 AM
They tried to be different but I thought it was just a race to name as many teams as possible to tick a box. I was underwhelmed.

CathroMustStay
02-03-2019, 11:33 AM
They tried to be different but I thought it was just a race to name as many teams as possible to tick a box. I was underwhelmed.

Likewise.

Didn't help that half of them were yams.

1van Sprou7e
02-03-2019, 12:48 PM
Usually hate covers of SOL but that was very nice

HibeeMackenzie
02-03-2019, 01:32 PM
Likewise.

There was only one yam and he said hibs would finish above them

DavieRoy
02-03-2019, 01:49 PM
Likewise.

Very true. They must be trying to redress the balance of Hibernian fans in the media.

I would rather they brought back Friday Sportscene. It was all hipster patter etc. Gash.

Newhaven
02-03-2019, 02:10 PM
Shaun mcguigan on the panel is a massive Raith fan. I work beside him in town and they’ve got a 12 week contract with the beeb.

Was refreshing seeing non premier teams discussed for a change.

Malthibby
02-03-2019, 02:16 PM
I liked it but then I'm a well known hipster. :nanafunk:
Just need to decide which one gets replaced first.

HibeeHibernian4
02-03-2019, 02:29 PM
I liked it too, wasn’t expecting to and ended up pleasantly surprised by it. Obviously there are things that need to be worked on but that should come with time.

wookie70
02-03-2019, 02:35 PM
It was a decent watch. I'm only really interested in Hibs so the SOL ending was the highlight. The Stephen O'Donnel baking bit was well done and the boy spoke well on mascots. It certainly has potential and if you are interested in football at all levels then it might be a success. I'd rather take to youtube and watch old Hibs footage

TwoPennyPrince
02-03-2019, 02:53 PM

Just watched it on iPlayer, some really good stuff. Cracking cover of Sunshine On Leith at the end!

#persevered
02-03-2019, 03:26 PM
I liked it, thought the cowdenbeath film was cool, the empire biscuits and mascot films were interesting. yeah it cut about a bit between subjects and occasionally the handheld camera thing gave it the sense that it was shot on a boat but the fact it was funny and not obsessed with the old firm gets it my vote.

CL0762
02-03-2019, 03:28 PM
There was only one yam and he said hibs would finish above them

Fowler & Borthwick both support them as well.

Moulin Yarns
02-03-2019, 04:06 PM
Will watch later but if you liked Admiral Fallows cover they are doing an acoustic set at the March into Pitlochry festival on the weekend of the 23rd. Blue Rose Code and Frightened Rabbit dj set other highlights.

BILLYHIBS
28-02-2020, 11:03 PM
Got John Sutton on discussing Motherwell 6 v 6 HIBS

Apart from that bunch o Jambos sitting on settees discussing fitba

On now BBC Scotland

Widhibs
29-02-2020, 06:56 AM
I watch it every week. I enjoyed the previous segments with Marvin Bartley and the one with Stevenson talking about our Cup win was great.

BILLYHIBS
29-02-2020, 07:25 AM
Enjoyed the lower league stuff from Campbelltown and Arbroath

I dunno what it is but I cannae take to the wee jambo guy wi the black hair looks a right Duncan usually wears a maroon top. :greengrin

Onceinawhile
29-02-2020, 07:41 AM
Enjoyed the lower league stuff from Campbelltown and Arbroath

I dunno what it is but I cannae take to the wee jambo guy wi the black hair looks a right Duncan usually wears a maroon top. :greengrin

Nah fowler is my favourite.

He also doesn't usually wear a maroon top, he wore a hip-hop top every week for the first season and a half.

007 Mickey Weir
29-02-2020, 07:41 AM
Producer is a Hibs season ticket holder. Also Big Duncan who does the out on the road stuff is a big Hibs fan.

BILLYHIBS
29-02-2020, 08:00 AM
Nah fowler is my favourite.

He also doesn't usually wear a maroon top, he wore a hip-hop top every week for the first season and a half.

Fair dos

In all honesty only about the second time I have watched it maybe he wore a maroon top in one of the early episodes

Will give him a few more episodes before passing judgement

My jambo detector is never wrong :greengrin

Inch joe
29-02-2020, 09:56 AM
Watched it a couple of weeks ago, they said aberdeen were a bigger club than hibs, so i say **** programme

Mibbes Aye
29-02-2020, 12:24 PM
We have all moaned for ever and ever about how OF-centric the media is. And here’s a bunch of guys talking, with what appears to be some knowledge, about how teams throughout the whole pyramid are doing.

I don’t care who they support when off-camera, I have found it a reasonably enjoyable watch, if nothing else because it is such a change from the norm.

It might not not be perfect but my goodness, it is a million times better than listening to Stephen Craigan.

St.Kristopher
29-02-2020, 12:31 PM
I think it’s one of the best football tv shows around. Really different, their wee mini-documentaries are superb. The show got a runner up prize going up against some much more established and better-funded shows month or so back

If anything I would say it has focussed more on Hibs than Hearts. Their podcast is also really decent. Just nice to have something that focuses on the whole of Scottish football rather than just the old firm.

St.Kristopher
29-02-2020, 12:38 PM
Watched it a couple of weeks ago, they said aberdeen were a bigger club than hibs, so i say **** programme

As much as I’m a Hibs fan, Aberdeen are a bigger club, certainly more successful. I actually thought it was an interesting debate, as I had not really thought about it before.

CMurdoch
29-02-2020, 01:15 PM
Not perfect but I missed it badly when it took a big break recently.
The wee films like the ones on Arbroath and Campbelltown last night are the highlights every week.
The state of the Fir Park pitch and the quality of goal 12 in the 6 all game feature last night made me smile and laugh.

Tug Wilson
29-02-2020, 01:56 PM
I like the programme. Yes Fowler and Sked are Jambos but they both get slagged for it. Joel Sked seems a bit more uptight about Hearts than Fowler.

The other guys are Raith Rovers and Stenhousemuir fans.

Humour is childish so what's not to like.

BILLYHIBS
06-03-2020, 10:41 PM
On just now chatting about Wee Ron trying to bring drink back into Scottish grounds

:party::party:

Since452
07-03-2020, 10:44 AM
As much as I’m a Hibs fan, Aberdeen are a bigger club, certainly more successful. I actually thought it was an interesting debate, as I had not really thought about it before.

Bigger? Really? Aberdeen have won less than Hibs in my lifetime and we probably have more season ticket holders than Aberdeen's average attendance. Aberdeen have more money but wouldn't say that makes them a bigger club