PDA

View Full Version : “It was Hibs fans”

BegbieHSC
01-03-2019, 11:08 AM
Seen a few Celtic fans claiming online that the video of them chanting about Brendan Rodgers dying was in fact...Hibs fans in December before our game.

Deflection and delusion beyond belief 😂😂😂

Diclonius
01-03-2019, 11:16 AM
Rangers will be along to confirm this in a statement shortly.

silverhibee
01-03-2019, 11:24 AM
Seen a few Celtic fans claiming online that the video of them chanting about Brendan Rodgers dying was in fact...Hibs fans in December before our game.

Next they will be telling us they don't sing a horrible ditty regards Davie Cooper.

silverhibee
01-03-2019, 11:25 AM
Rangers will be along to confirm this in a statement shortly.

There deid to.

banarc7062
01-03-2019, 11:31 AM
Nothing strange there, they have been taking things from us for years since they were formed. As expected of weegies. GGTTH

01-03-2019, 12:05 PM

Aye and I suppose it was Hibs fans in the Celtic end at Tynecastle with the banner saying he was always a fraud.

BegbieHSC
01-03-2019, 12:14 PM
From Celtic's statement: “We have no knowledge of who these individuals are, or any connection they have to Celtic."

Almost sounds like they are trying to promote these kind of ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Lancs Harp
01-03-2019, 12:22 PM
Two can play at that.

Was clearly celtic fans invading the pitch in 2016 and beating poor Lee Wallace to an inch of his life.

Carheenlea
01-03-2019, 12:22 PM
From Celtic's statement: “We have no knowledge of who these individuals are, or any connection they have to Celtic."

Almost sounds like they are trying to promote these kind of ridiculous conspiracy theories.

They were probably masons under cover.

Cat Stanton
01-03-2019, 12:24 PM
There deid to.

As is the English language by the looks of things..

(apologies)

MWHIBBIES
01-03-2019, 12:28 PM
You have to give Celtic credit for their PR campaign that makes it seem like Rangers are the only one with the problem and Celtics is actually a minority. Even people on here believe that.

Utter vermin, both clubs, no ifs or buts or maybes. Both ****ing ****, followed by ****, run by ****, helped by the **** at the SFA.

silverhibee
01-03-2019, 12:37 PM
As is the English language by the looks of things..

(apologies)

You won't be the 1st person to pull me up about my spelling on here.

So no need to apologize :wink::greengrin

hibsbollah
01-03-2019, 12:46 PM
You have to give Celtic credit for their PR campaign that makes it seem like Rangers are the only one with the problem and Celtics is actually a minority. Even people on here believe that.

Utter vermin, both clubs, no ifs or buts or maybes. Both ****ing ****, followed by ****, run by ****, helped by the **** at the SFA.

I don't think I've ever read anyone on here suggesting Celtic don't have a problem.

But most Hibs fans seem to believe Rangers have a demonstrably, much bigger problem. Which they do.

Using phrases like 'Utter vermin' is not going to put you as a Hibs fan on any sort of moral high ground either.

matty_f
01-03-2019, 12:46 PM
Two can play at that.

Was clearly celtic fans invading the pitch in 2016 and beating poor Lee Wallace to an inch of his life.
They're not getting the credit for that, that was definitely us!

silverhibee
01-03-2019, 12:49 PM
FFs, some trumpet from the West saying the tartan army are the worst behaved supporters he has come across in Glasgow.

Diclonius
01-03-2019, 12:59 PM

Standard OF protocol is to blame the other half, meaning they paradoxically never actually get blamed for anything. Works wonders.

Bostonhibby
01-03-2019, 01:02 PM
Aye and I suppose it was Hibs fans in the Celtic end at Tynecastle with the banner saying he was always a fraud.Definite proof that celtc fans produced the banner - they spelt immorality wrong.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

ben johnson
01-03-2019, 01:13 PM
First to abuse Brendan Rodgers !!

And they copied us.
We are some boys ( NO h )

jgl07
01-03-2019, 01:20 PM
Definite proof that celtc fans produced the banner - they spelt immorality wrong.

They can’t even spell Celtic right!

Wee Effen Bee
01-03-2019, 01:21 PM
I don't think I've ever read anyone on here suggesting Celtic don't have a problem.

But most Hibs fans seem to believe Rangers have a demonstrably, much bigger problem. Which they do.

Using phrases like 'Utter vermin' is not going to put you as a Hibs fan on any sort of moral high ground either.

Weve been here before. I’ll argue against anyone who tells us both sets of heid the ba’s are the same. I’m always wary of visiting ibrox but never of visiting Parkheid. Almost all Huns join in the anti Pape stuff but not all Tims sing about the IRA. If you go to those two away matches, look at those who are singing that garbage - there is a noticeable difference in take-up. Celtic have a big problem but Rangers have a huge problem.

The 90+2
01-03-2019, 01:23 PM
Weve been here before. I’ll argue against anyone who tells us both sets of heid the ba’s are the same. I’m always wary of visiting ibrox but never of visiting Parkheid. Almost all Huns join in the anti Pape stuff but not all Tims sing about the IRA. If you go to those two away matches, look at those who are singing that garbage - there is a noticeable difference in take-up. Celtic have a big problem but Rangers have a huge problem.

You would have to ask Hearts fans the difference in visiting both they grounds and they will say the complete opposite.

hibee316
01-03-2019, 01:31 PM

As the person above said, ask Hearts fans how they feel about Celtic.

Diclonius
01-03-2019, 01:35 PM
You would have to ask Hearts fans the difference in visiting both they grounds and they will say the complete opposite.

Nail on head. Celtic act comparatively "nice" towards us because they have this blinkered view that we're cousins or something. Hearts see the "proper" Celtic as evidenced by Wednesday night.

Rangers are obviously the worst if you compare them head to head but that misses the point entirely. You have to treat them as one problem rather than going "oh let's not focus on that part of the problem cause it's slightly less bad".

Keith_M
01-03-2019, 01:51 PM
A Celtc Fan posted a comment in a Herald article last year about the occasion in the 80s when Hibs Fans threw a CS Gas Canister into the Celtc end at Easter Road.

Their ability to re-write history knows no bounds.

Ringothedog
01-03-2019, 02:07 PM

Hearts fans have the same problems as we do at Ibrox,the fighting in the stand when both clubs were in the championship is an example.
I think you will find that every club that goes to Ibrox will have a story to tell and it won’t be nice.

Parkhead is also a nightmare for all clubs fans but on a scale of 0-10 Celtc would be a 9 and the the Rangers a 10.

Ringothedog
01-03-2019, 02:08 PM
A Celtc Fan posted a comment in a Herald article last year about the occasion in the 80s when Hibs Fans threw a CS Gas Canister into the Celtc end at Easter Road.

That’s because they don’t know their history.

Keith_M
01-03-2019, 02:13 PM
That’s because they don’t know their history.

He was probably a member of the GB, 'cos he had loads of spelling errors in his comment.

:wink:

Hibernia&Alba
01-03-2019, 02:18 PM

Aye of course it was. No Hibs fans care enough about the guy to sing such terrible stuff.

Ringothedog
01-03-2019, 02:19 PM
He was probably a member of the GB, 'cos he had loads of spelling errors in his comment.

We should call them the “GB” it would piss them of big time by giving them an abbreviation that they are against.

heretoday
01-03-2019, 02:24 PM
As the person above said, ask Hearts fans how they feel about Celtic.

Exactly. At Tynecastle the other night Celtic fans sang Irish rebel songs throughout the match. I think they had a drummer keeping the beat as well. That's not civilised behaviour but they always get away with it.

I am amazed at the clubs and authorities saying it's "a minority" of OF fans who do this. When you're looking at twenty thousand people on each side, it's a helluva large minority.

And of course it's more than that number in reality.

silverhibee
01-03-2019, 02:54 PM
Good yin Neil, asked about the abuse Brenda got the other night, it's a emotional time and I'm sure they will regret what they have said and Brenda is a Celtc legend

Also says he deserves a good reception from the Hibs fans tomorrow, not as the Celtc manager you won't.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-03-2019, 02:57 PM
They're not getting the credit for that, that was definitely us!

Lol 😂 brilliant

The 90+2
01-03-2019, 03:49 PM
Hearts fans have the same problems as we do at Ibrox,the fighting in the stand when both clubs were in the championship is an example.
I think you will find that every club that goes to Ibrox will have a story to tell and it won’t be nice.

Parkhead is also a nightmare for all clubs fans but on a scale of 0-10 Celtc would be a 9 and the the Rangers a 10.

Celtic smash up Tynecastle, rob kiosks and pelt ball boys and girls that much they aren’t allowed behind the goals when they come to our City. We will see how they act tomorrow when we blow their treble treble as they’re our pals until things go wrong. They also chanted the cheat up terry butcher song when our manager.

Keith_M
01-03-2019, 06:40 PM
We should call them the “GB” it would piss them of big time by giving them an abbreviation that they are against.

I know, it cheered me up a bit even just writing that.

Future17
02-03-2019, 08:04 AM
Definite proof that celtc fans produced the banner - they spelt immorality wrong.

Ha ha! Very Good! :-)

Is It On....
02-03-2019, 12:08 PM

My first and only time on the pitch. I remember the police initially were stopping Hibs fans from getting out of the terracing. My eyes were stinging!! The other thing I seem to remember is that it was shortly after the Enniskillen bombing [when 11 people were murdered] and the Celtic fans had an IRA banner. It's Scotland's shame that 32 years on the authorities have never truly dealt with sectarianism. Police Scotland recently said after the Steve Clarke incident that they they won't arrest their way out of the problem but letting people break the law with impunity can't be the answer either.

Paisley Hibby
02-03-2019, 12:28 PM
My first and only time on the pitch. I remember the police initially were stopping Hibs fans from getting out of the terracing. My eyes were stinging!! The other thing I seem to remember is that it was shortly after the Enniskillen bombing [when 11 people were murdered] and the Celtic fans had an IRA banner. It's Scotland's shame that 32 years on the authorities have never truly dealt with sectarianism. Police Scotland recently said after the Steve Clarke incident that they they won't arrest their way out of the problem but letting people break the law with impunity can't be the answer either.

I was in the East terracing that day and the surge then crush as folk tried to escape the gas was terrifying. We came very very close to a Hillsborough type disaster and I don't think that's ever been properly acknowledged. The Celtic fans responsible for throwing it were absolute **** and to be fair, not typical of the average Celtic fan. But the whole culture around Celtic allows idiots like them to thrive and they continue to do so. Anyone who says Celtic are not as bad as Rangers is talking mince. At their worst, Celtic fans are capable of truly despicable stuff.

One Day Soon
02-03-2019, 12:30 PM

Like. Agree. Endorse.

proud_and_green
02-03-2019, 12:36 PM
To be clear I can't stand either side of the horrible manky bunch. But... I am not convinced that singing Irish Rebel songs is as bad as singing some of the nonsense and offensive rubbish that comes out of the Govan stands which often seeks death of catholics. The difference for me tends to be that Irish nationalism is not about religion but about a cause of independence and most traditional Irish rebels songs are not much different from say the Flower of Scotland - although I realise some are doctored for effect. The Rangers songs are founded in religion and on protestantism being superior to catholicism and the annihilation of catholics being a goal. Irish republicanism was never an exclusively catholic endeavour it was political. Whereas, the orange order was always about the establishment of a protestant majority in Ireland.
That all said, none of it is healthy and eyes should be trained on the future and not the past, but if it wasn't religion it would be something else and in order to stop it, the perpetrators need to understand there is a meaningful price to pay and the cost must be levied at every opportunity until they realise that we're serious that we don't think it's quaint or 'just the way it is'.
Define what is not acceptable and enforce it!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

One Day Soon
02-03-2019, 12:52 PM
To be clear I can't stand either side of the horrible manky bunch. But... I am not convinced that singing Irish Rebel songs is as bad as singing some of the nonsense and offensive rubbish that comes out of the Govan stands which often seeks death of catholics. The difference for me tends to be that Irish nationalism is not about religion but about a cause of independence and most traditional Irish rebels songs are not much different from say the Flower of Scotland - although I realise some are doctored for effect. The Rangers songs are founded in religion and on protestantism being superior to catholicism and the annihilation of catholics being a goal. Irish republicanism was never an exclusively catholic endeavour it was political. Whereas, the orange order was always about the establishment of a protestant majority in Ireland.
That all said, none of it is healthy and eyes should be trained on the future and not the past, but if it wasn't religion it would be something else and in order to stop it, the perpetrators need to understand there is a meaningful price to pay and the cost must be levied at every opportunity until they realise that we're serious that we don't think it's quaint or 'just the way it is'.
Define what is not acceptable and enforce it!

This issue, or at least its manifestation at games involving either or both of the Ugly Sisters, could be largely dead within two months. All Police Scotland need to do is arrest a quota of bigots caught on camera singing their hate filled bile at each match every week for two months. I'd say 20 per game would do it. Lifetime bans from their clubs and a stint inside would pretty quickly deter others. Word would spread like wildfire. It's not like they don't have the technical kit or the manpower for it, we've all been filmed going to games, we've all seen the large numbers of officers, dogs, horses etc on stand-by.

Look at the time and resources poured into tracing, arresting and prosecuting people after 21 May 2016 - many of whom were just on the pitch celebrating. And that with public Ministerial backing of the 'we won't tolerate this kind of behaviour' type.

Can't arrest their way out of this? Bollocks. How many people are arrested before, during and after games for breach of the peace, drunkenness, acts of violence etc? I can understand Police Scotland not wanting to make this a priority without immediate political cover for it, I don't agree with that reluctance but I can understand it. Why doesn't the Justice Secretary or First Minister - or both - make a public statement that they want Police Scotland to prioritise this and to take immediate action?

proud_and_green
02-03-2019, 01:03 PM
This issue, or at least its manifestation at games involving either or both of the Ugly Sisters, could be largely dead within two months. All Police Scotland need to do is arrest a quota of bigots caught on camera singing their hate filled bile at each match every week for two months. I'd say 20 per game would do it. Lifetime bans from their clubs and a stint inside would pretty quickly deter others. Word would spread like wildfire. It's not like they don't have the technical kit or the manpower for it, we've all been filmed going to games, we've all seen the large numbers of officers, dogs, horses etc on stand-by.

Look at the time and resources poured into tracing, arresting and prosecuting people after 21 May 2016 - many of whom were just on the pitch celebrating. And that with public Ministerial backing of the 'we won't tolerate this kind of behaviour' type.

Can't arrest their way out of this? Bollocks. How many people are arrested before, during and after games for breach of the peace, drunkenness, acts of violence etc? I can understand Police Scotland not wanting to make this a priority without immediate political cover for it, I don't agree with that reluctance but I can understand it. Why doesn't the Justice Secretary or First Minister - or both - make a public statement that they want Police Scotland to prioritise this and to take immediate action?Agree entirely, as I said, the perpetrators need to know that there is a price to pay and the price Will be levied. They don't know there is a price to pay because they are never presented with the bill therefore they just continue along their path un-challenged!

We are a primitive backward country and will never advance till we have sorted this out.

Hibiza
02-03-2019, 01:05 PM
Pathetic . :flag:

Famous Fiver
02-03-2019, 01:06 PM
Am I rewriting history but did the police not try to arrest their way out of the Miners strike?

Acting on government orders as far as I recall but mass arrests seemed to be the order of the day.

Bostonhibby
02-03-2019, 01:10 PM
Am I rewriting history but did the police not try to arrest their way out of the Miners strike?

Acting on government orders as far as I recall but mass arrests seemed to be the order of the day.Arrested and battered their way out of the miners strike, more or less as Maggie wanted.

weecounty hibby
02-03-2019, 01:19 PM
Arrested and battered their way out of the miners strike, more or less as Maggie wanted.

Yeah, I think there was just as much physical assaults and intimidation as there were arrests. Those who were arrested were put into places like Barlinnie along with some real dregs of society. I think that the sectarian acts can be stopping by using arrests, police intelligence and court procedures. It definitely lessened the hooligan behaviours of the 80s/90s.

Bostonhibby
02-03-2019, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I think there was just as much physical assaults and intimidation as there were arrests. Those who were arrested were put into places like Barlinnie along with some real dregs of society. I think that the sectarian acts can be stopping by using arrests, police intelligence and court procedures. It definitely lessened the hooligan behaviours of the 80s/90s.We agree. But there's no will to do it, No political will anyway.

The Pointer
02-03-2019, 01:39 PM
Back in the day when the police were a 'force' as opposed to the present day 'service', they were allowed to huckle out as many as were necessary to restore law and order on the terracing (eg when there was a rammy).

I know the police are too much touchy/feely these days but I fail to see why they don't launch into either set of Rantic fans to put an end to it as they know exactly who to target. Having said that it's probably more to do with the number of tots employed as cops these days and senior officers realising they can't put them into a situation of danger. Big blokes have their uses after all and my late wee brother enjoyed such aspects of law enforcement.

It's been a source of some frustration that Hibs fans don't get as worked up with Celtc fans' bile as they do with the Huns' so today I hope we tell them to giruy.