PDA

View Full Version : Should Omeona start against Celtic?

HibsTalk
01-03-2019, 09:44 AM
In this weeks episode, Dave and Gav discuss

[emoji631]Johnathan Spector
[emoji1132]Horgan's Improved Form
[emoji1666]Working Together/Fans Reps
[emoji460]St Johnstone & Dundee
[emoji102]Celtic & Lennon come to Easter Road

iTunes- https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/hibs-talk/id1236445811?mt=2

Spotify- https://open.spotify.com/episode/7aj0zlgfAcbn7P5wLKHwMK?si=ArwCj-8rRheVx0IrhB8EdA

Web Browser- http://hibstalk.com/should-omeonga-start-against-celtichttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190301/ff779819d08a3891c87cd918b99e118e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
01-03-2019, 09:44 AM
No.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-03-2019, 09:47 AM
A bit lightweight against the likes of Broon and co but defo a sub.

BoomtownHibees
01-03-2019, 09:52 AM
A bit lightweight against the likes of Broon and co but defo a sub.

He’s definitely not lightweight. He may not be the biggest but he has looked strong enough to compete in the games he has played.

Should he play tomorrow? It’s a yes for me

Hibbyradge
01-03-2019, 09:52 AM
He’s definitely not lightweight. He may not be the biggest but he has looked strong enough to compete in the games he has played.

Should he play tomorrow? It’s a yes for me

Play, maybe. Start, no.

BoomtownHibees
01-03-2019, 09:54 AM
Play, maybe. Start, no.

I would start him ahead of Mallan but just my opinion. I can see why Heck would be keen to start the same team again however

hughio
01-03-2019, 01:11 PM
It wasn't just that sublime through ball for the goal at Perth but his energy,competitiveness and care of the ball changed the match for us when he came on.The starting eleven were ineffectual for an hour.I'd be happy to see him start.

1van Sprou7e
01-03-2019, 01:13 PM
Play, maybe. Start, no.

Why just maybe?

Keyser Sauzee
01-03-2019, 01:13 PM
No, same team that’s started the last 3 games please. A big factor when teams put runs together is consistency.

green day
01-03-2019, 01:14 PM
Hes on loan to us and played quite well, so isnt it his shot to be out injured?

CapitalGreen
01-03-2019, 01:16 PM
Should start ahead of Mallan

Stuart93
01-03-2019, 01:16 PM
I’d go with him, plenty of energy and never stops. I’d maybe even be tempted to drop mallan to the bench and put him in

King Dominique
01-03-2019, 01:31 PM
Should start ahead of Mallan

Yes. Lets take our conjoined top goal scorer and assist leader out of the team.

we are hibs
01-03-2019, 03:36 PM

Need people who are going to track back and tackle tomorrow. He is devastatingly lacking in that area. Omeonga is a far better option.

500miles
01-03-2019, 03:46 PM
It's a hard shift for Gray if Mallan is in midfield against Tierney and whichever rapid winger they play.

CapitalGreen
01-03-2019, 04:09 PM

Our manager saw fit to take him out the team against St Johnstone after 62 mins on Wednesday night.

01-03-2019, 04:23 PM
I'm happy either way, Omeonga to start or same starting line up and bringing him on as an impact sub. I trust Heckingbottom's judgement.

hughio
01-03-2019, 04:28 PM
Need people who are going to track back and tackle tomorrow. He is devastatingly lacking in that area. Omeonga is a far better option.

With you on that.Much as I love WSM (Wee Stevie Mallon's)shooting he is surprisingly bad at getting a leg in.

King Dominique
01-03-2019, 04:29 PM
Our manager saw fit to take him out the team against St Johnstone after 62 mins on Wednesday night.

True - despite the win this was arguably to the detriment of the team seeing as Slivka (who should have been hooked for Omeonga) was sent off.

Here’s Lucy!
01-03-2019, 04:36 PM
If he's in the team ahead of Mallan then yes, he should start.

Hibee Mac
01-03-2019, 04:37 PM

That doesn't make him un-droppable. Yes, Mallan's goal record for the whole season has been very good, particularly for a midfielder. But, when you look back since the 6-0 Hamilton game in October Mallan has scored 3 goals.

A decent return for a midfielder but the debate comes into play regarding what else he contributes to the team.

In my opinion, if Mallan's scoring ratio from the start of the season to the 6-0 Hamilton game had continued then yes id have no questions about starting him. However, since then I think he could show more and that's why people are asking the question if Omeonga should maybe get a start ahead of him.

I understand it's all about the way you slice the stats and someone could counter and say that in the last 3 games he's scored 2 but I think it's fairer to look over larger chunks of time across multiple months, thus the comparison of pre and post the 6-0 Hamilton game.

01-03-2019, 04:42 PM

My favourite typo of the week. Let's hope the ref doesn't notice we've got a 12th man on the pitch. :greengrin

Here’s Lucy!
01-03-2019, 04:51 PM
My favourite typo of the week. Let's hope the ref doesn't notice we've got a 12th man on the pitch. :greengrin

Never even noticed that! :faf:

Hibernian32
01-03-2019, 04:54 PM
Do you know what I actually like the thought of swapping him for Mallan.

Mallan has played nearly every game this season it would bamboozle Lenny and tbh if we keep it tight even 1-0 us or 1-0 them bringing Mallan on in the 70th min defo mixes things up. But then again his deadball play is too good to miss out on for 70mins and if one pops out on the edge of the box your wanting Mallan there not Omeonga

Here’s Lucy!
01-03-2019, 04:57 PM
Do you know what I actually like the thought of swapping him for Mallan.

Mallan has played nearly every game this season it would bamboozle Lenny and tbh if we keep it tight even 1-0 us or 1-0 them bringing Mallan on in the 70th min defo mixes things up. But then again his deadball play is too good to miss out on for 70mins and if one pops out on the edge of the box your wanting Mallan there not Omeonga

More importantly, is Lennon going to get pelters tomorrow?

And, if not, why not?

:greengrin

Hibernian32
01-03-2019, 05:05 PM
More importantly, is Lennon going to get pelters tomorrow?

And, if not, why not?

:greengrin
Thinks it's going to be weird, my mate was saying the whole stadium should sing one Neil Lennon. I doubt that I certainly won't be, but I won't be signing songs against him either. I like Lenny but I love hibs and I'm certainly going to love it if we get this one over on him. Stopping him doing the treble treble would be nice cause let's be honest he's not going to come out and be soft he's going to want to come right at us. I feel it depends how the game goes and how Lenny reacts if he's doing airoplanes doing the touch line I think the most pro Lenny fan will feel very bitter.

jacomo
01-03-2019, 05:09 PM
Neil Lennon should get a F***** boo from us. Dinnae even think you’re too good for Hibs pal.

Then we move on...after all we had some good times and I wish him well as a person.

Back to topic: I’d play Omeonga instead of Slivka in the middle. Loads of energy and an eye for a pass.

Here’s Lucy!
01-03-2019, 05:18 PM
Neil Lennon should get a F***** boo from us. Dinnae even think you’re too good for Hibs pal.

Then we move on...after all we had some good times and I wish him well as a person.

Back to topic: I’d play Omeonga instead of Slivka in the middle. Loads of energy and an eye for a pass.

:thumbsup:

CapitalGreen
01-03-2019, 10:25 PM
True - despite the win this was arguably to the detriment of the team seeing as Slivka (who should have been hooked for Omeonga) was sent off.

You think the substitution of Mallan for Omeonga was to the detriment of the team? Did you watch the game? When Mallan went off we were losing 1-0 and arguably deservedly so, we ended up winning 2-1 with Omeonga setting up the winner. Omeonga contributed more (both offensively and defensively) in 30 mins than Mallan did in an hour. For the record I like Mallan, just think Omeonga deserves to start ahead of him.

tonyrougier123
01-03-2019, 10:34 PM
Midfield for me would be:

Millsy
Slivka omeonga
Mallan

With horgan coming on when the legs get tired in there.

BoomtownHibees
01-03-2019, 10:36 PM
Midfield for me would be:

Millsy
Slivka omeonga
Mallan

With horgan coming on when the legs get tired in there.

Horgan has prob been our best player over the last few weeks

Brightside
01-03-2019, 10:40 PM
nothing changes.... run Horgan till 60 then sub.

tonyrougier123
01-03-2019, 10:48 PM
Horgan has prob been our best player over the last few weeks

I think he would be explosive coming on in this game, and also feel omeonga could be the neat and tidy player for us to open celtic up early doors.your right though been awesome horgan 👍.but im a big fan of omeonga,and slivka loves a game against celtic and mallan offers danger from range,and set play ability,just my thoughts on it like.

JimBHibees
02-03-2019, 11:16 AM
nothing changes.... run Horgan till 60 then sub.

Cant see it being anything different. Will be interesting to see if we change anything tactically maybe minor tweaks rather than shape. Assume will want one of the forwards to get close to Brown when they have possession in their own half. Wonder how high we press.