Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjay
01-03-2019, 12:36 AM
Should be free for selection now
2 games I think ?

CMurdoch
01-03-2019, 01:11 AM
He could have been picked for the St Johnstone match.
Wasn't even on the bench.
Could be injured or just not rated by The Heck.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2019, 01:12 AM
He could have been picked for the St Johnstone match.
Wasn't even on the bench.
Could be injured or just not rated by The Heck.

He hasn't even seen him play for Hibs so he won't have been written off.

tjay
01-03-2019, 01:14 AM
Looked the business
Given the average performance by our defenders last two games he surely should be in contention

bigwheel
01-03-2019, 01:25 AM
Stockdale was at parkhead, so,would have seen him play...considering how light our defence is , it was surprising that he didn't get a strip on Wednesday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ian cruise
01-03-2019, 05:52 AM
While the defence hasn't been brilliant at points we're on a winning run and trying to bring back a bit of confidence to the team. Possibly why he's stuck with the 3 he has so far, alongside Johnson's suspension. I don't see it changing tomorrow.

Diclonius
01-03-2019, 06:06 AM
If Hanlon continues to play poorly then he'll get a chance I would, but we won't change a winning team. In any case starting him against Celtic could backfire.

3pm
01-03-2019, 07:13 AM
I thought he was banned. Don’t think he missed the Hamilton game as part of a suspension.

BILLYHIBS
01-03-2019, 07:16 AM
If Hanlon continues to play poorly then he'll get a chance I would, but we won't change a winning team. In any case starting him against Celtic could backfire.

Its make your mind up time with Hanlon

I would play him

Do or die

RoYO!
01-03-2019, 07:19 AM
Hanlon is absolutely good enough to play for us. He’s just going through a dip in form. I think people need to relax a bit about him tbh.

Brooster
01-03-2019, 07:22 AM
Hanlon is absolutely good enough to play for us. He’s just going through a dip in form. I think people need to relax a bit about him tbh.

How long do allow a dip to continue though? I dont think Hanlon's performances warrant a starting place every week, it's maybe time for him to be dropped.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2019, 07:27 AM
I thought he was banned. Don’t think he missed the Hamilton game as part of a suspension.

His 2 game ban was announced on 12th February after Hibs' appeal failed. We played Hamilton on 16th February so he would have been suspended for that plus the Dundee game and would have been available again on Wednesday.

worcesterhibby
01-03-2019, 07:53 AM
How long do allow a dip to continue though? I dont think Hanlon's performances warrant a starting place every week, it's maybe time for him to be dropped.

i thought he played well against St Johnstone

LancsHibs
01-03-2019, 08:24 AM
You have to play your strongest 11. If somebody is having a blip in form and there is somebody equally as good then they are in!

superfurryhibby
01-03-2019, 08:25 AM

As long as we are winning?

There is no obvious alternative. Johnson is untested really, so we don’t know if he would make a difference and this isn’t the game to find out.

Funny old game really. A few months ago folk here were saying McGregor was finished, now Hanlon isn’t good enough ( not aimed at you btw).

01-03-2019, 08:39 AM

There is no obvious alternative. Johnson is untested really, so we don’t know if he would make a difference and this isn’t the game to find out.

Funny old game really. A few months ago folk here were saying McGregor was finished, now Hanlon isn’t good enough ( not aimed at you btw).

Agree, not the time to test Johnson.
Hanlon is not long back from about 3 months out due to injury, I think it is unfair to expect him to come back in and be at his best straight away. Those who are suggesting he is past it are wrong.

SChibs
01-03-2019, 08:42 AM
Agree, not the time to test Johnson.
Hanlon is not long back from about 3 months out due to injury, I think it is unfair to expect him to come back in and be at his best straight away. Those who are suggesting he is past it are wrong.

Big fan of Hanlon but how long are we gonna use the excuse he's just back from being out for a while. That excuse was made after the defeat to Hearts 2 months ago!

He must have played at least 6 games since then that's enough to get up to speed. Even if he was brought back a little early we had the 3 week break for him to revover

jeffers
01-03-2019, 08:49 AM
I thought it was reported he got injured in the tackle he got the ban for. Maybe not recovered from that yet.

overdrive
01-03-2019, 08:56 AM
I thought it was reported he got injured in the tackle he got the ban for. Maybe not recovered from that yet.

He was also carrying an injury when he signed

Hibbyradge
01-03-2019, 09:06 AM
I foolishly read some of the posts on the match thread on Wednesday.

The one that said "Hanlon is finished" made me run to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee then go upstairs to switch my PC on so I could spray the hot liquid from my mouth onto my monitor.

Mental. He's 29. No doubt if Aberdeen come sniffing around again, the same poster will be demanding that Hibs reject their advances.

I'm not even sure why people said Paul had a poor game against St Johnstone. I think Hibs had 3 chances all game so it was as much our defence that won us the points and Hanlon's contribution was significant.

01-03-2019, 09:12 AM
Big fan of Hanlon but how long are we gonna use the excuse he's just back from being out for a while. That excuse was made after the defeat to Hearts 2 months ago!

He must have played at least 6 games since then that's enough to get up to speed. Even if he was brought back a little early we had the 3 week break for him to revover

He could be rested after tomorrow, particularly if we get Spector.

Do you think he shouldn't play tomorrow and if so who comes in for him? It has been suggested Johnson but I thought his main position is a right back and we're considering Spector as competition for centre back.

Jim44
01-03-2019, 09:30 AM
Stockdale was at parkhead, so,would have seen him play...considering how light our defence is , it was surprising that he didn't get a strip on Wednesday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In what capacity was Stockdale at Parkhead?

Billy Whizz
01-03-2019, 09:32 AM
In what capacity was Stockdale at Parkhead?

He said on his Hibs TV interview that he watched a few games before being appointed

hibbydad
01-03-2019, 09:34 AM
I heard he is away back to Leicester he was carrying an injury Hibs had not been told about

Brightside
01-03-2019, 09:35 AM

Hes not been his usual self this season thats for sure. BUT having watched the game a few times now there was nothing wrong with his performance against Saints. He made multiple interceptions that stopped attacks. Their goal came from Milligan not challenging the cross. Hard to blame a defender when a ball is bouncing in amongst three players after that.

As i said on a previous thread Paul is going to have to put in 4 or 5 top class performances in order to get people back on side again. As soon as we lose a goal v Celtic there will be a Hanlon out thread. The whole defence hasn't been great this season but we've just won the last 3 games. I'll take that.

Brightside
01-03-2019, 09:36 AM

Johnson is seen as RB cover btw. Hence why we are looking at Spector.

Vault Boy
01-03-2019, 09:37 AM
Hes not been his usual self this season thats for sure. BUT having watched the game a few times now there was nothing wrong with his performance against Saints. He made multiple interceptions that stopped attacks. Their goal came from Milligan not challenging the cross. Hard to blame a defender when a ball is bouncing in amongst three players after that.

As i said on a previous thread Paul is going to have to put in 4 or 5 top class performances in order to get people back on side again. As soon as we lose a goal v Celtic there will be a Hanlon out thread. The whole defence hasn't been great this season but we've just won the last 3 games. I'll take that.

This is spot on.

King Dominique
01-03-2019, 10:11 AM
I foolishly read some of the posts on the match thread on Wednesday.

The one that said "Hanlon is finished" made me run to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee then go upstairs to switch my PC on so I could spray the hot liquid from my mouth onto my monitor.

Mental. He's 29. No doubt if Aberdeen come sniffing around again, the same poster will be demanding that Hibs reject their advances.

I'm not even sure why people said Paul had a poor game against St Johnstone. I think Hibs had 3 chances all game so it was as much our defence that won us the points and Hanlon's contribution was significant.

I am by no means saying Hanlon is "finished" however I don't know if you were there against Saints or at Dundee (I Was) he didn't have a good game in either and was in fact the weak link in an otherwise strong back four. In fact I am struggling to recall the last time he got pass marks from me. His aimless hoofs are a plenty and his lack of physicality seems to be becoming more apparent all the time. The laddie needs to meet the bench press and the squat rack.

inglisavhibs
01-03-2019, 10:28 AM
He also played really well for most of the Dundee match. He then played a couple of poor passes and struggled along with the rest of the team in the last twenty minutes. Amazing how fans latch on to the let’s get rid of Paul Hanlon theme. He’s not at his best due to his ongoing injuries but we would struggle to get a better left centre back.

inglisavhibs
01-03-2019, 10:33 AM
He also played really well for most of the Dundee match. He then played a couple of poor passes and struggled along with the rest of the team in the last twenty minutes. Amazing how fans latch on to the let’s get rid of Paul Hanlon theme. He’s not at his best due to his ongoing injuries but we would struggle to get a better left centre back.

scoopyboy
01-03-2019, 10:37 AM
Hanlon not fit, playing with an injury is my understanding. Wouldn't be playing if adequate cover.

No sign of Darnell Johnson, not at East Mains.

bookert
01-03-2019, 10:49 AM

Agree with this, just hasn't looked right since injury.

jeffers
01-03-2019, 11:00 AM
Hanlon not fit, playing with an injury is my understanding. Wouldn't be playing if adequate cover.

Thanks for update. Explains maybe why we are looking at Spector. I'm a big Paul Hanlon fan, but he's definitely not been the same player in the past few months.

Crab apple
01-03-2019, 11:05 AM

Sounds like we need to get Spector in.
Do you know if Whittaker is injured or just not getting selected?

JimBHibees
01-03-2019, 11:15 AM
He was also carrying an injury when he signed

In his initial interview it seemed like he was alluding to having some sort of injury.

scoopyboy
01-03-2019, 11:26 AM
Thanks for update. Explains maybe why we are looking at Spector. I'm a big Paul Hanlon fan, but he's definitely not been the same player in the past few months.

Agreed

delbert
01-03-2019, 12:17 PM

Along with one or two others, a total spectator at Saints goal !

ekhibee
01-03-2019, 12:59 PM
I've not seen Darnell Johnson play yet, but hope he gets a chance to prove himself anyway, IMO we need a stronger defence than what we've got at the moment.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2019, 01:08 PM
Has he been recalled to Leicester? Or maybe away there for treatment to his groin injury he mentions in his initial interview?

Diclonius
01-03-2019, 01:12 PM

That explains it then. We are having absolutely abysmal luck with injuries.

Billy Whizz
01-03-2019, 01:32 PM
Has he been recalled to Leicester? Or maybe away there for treatment to his groin injury he mentions in his initial interview?

No idea, but maybe that’s why we are looking at Spector

Hibee87
01-03-2019, 01:41 PM

Not according to the MSM and our neighbours. Only they seem to have been hampered by injuries this season :rolleyes:

Real Emerald
01-03-2019, 01:41 PM

It’s practically every loan player we’ve brought in has been out for some time this season. Makes you wonder if these guys are getting injuries due to being so long without first team football. The list is so long I can’t remember all of the casualties we’ve had to loan players this season.

Diclonius
01-03-2019, 01:42 PM
Do we have any CBs in the development team who could temporarily step up?

Hibee87
01-03-2019, 01:43 PM

Could possibly be away there for treatment, but I don't believe they can recall a player. Not unless Hibs agree to it. Seem to remember chat of a player being recalled (A keeper maybe) a few years back, but the parent club were not allowed to and we said no. Not cross border or some weird rule like that.

bingo70
01-03-2019, 01:57 PM

We’ve just signed one in January but never announced it.

Forget his name but maybe Sidiki or something similar to that?

No idea if he’s any good or not though.

Diclonius
01-03-2019, 01:59 PM
We’ve just signed one in January but never announced it.

Forget his name but maybe Sidiki or something similar to that?

No idea if he’s any good or not though.

Ah yeah, Sadiki. He looks huge which almost definitely means he'll be good enough.

oneone73
01-03-2019, 02:01 PM
Could possibly be away there for treatment, but I don't believe they can recall a player. Not unless Hibs agree to it. Seem to remember chat of a player being recalled (A keeper maybe) a few years back, but the parent club were not allowed to and we said no. Not cross border or some weird rule like that.

Steve Bruce tried to get Oxley back to Hull iirc

worcesterhibby
01-03-2019, 02:04 PM
Along with one or two others, a total spectator at Saints goal !

So are you suggesting we should drop defenders and buy new ones every time we concede a goal ? For the rest of the 90 minutes he tackled, tracked and put his body on the line and ensured we won the match.

Billy Whizz
01-03-2019, 02:11 PM
Johnson has had an injury, back at Hibs next week I’m told

ancient hibee
01-03-2019, 03:47 PM
It’s practically every loan player we’ve brought in has been out for some time this season. Makes you wonder if these guys are getting injuries due to being so long without first team football. The list is so long I can’t remember all of the casualties we’ve had to loan players this season.

I think that is exactly the problem.They”re not match fit and try too hard to get into a rhythm that allows them to play(and impress).It’s happened too often to be just bad luck.

WoreTheGreen
01-03-2019, 03:53 PM

10/4 rubber duck

wookie70
01-03-2019, 03:59 PM

Probably worse now than at any point in the season but we have 4 straight wins in league and cup. As long as Hanlon isn't going to make the injury worse I'd keep him in. He isn't as good as he usually is but is still decent. Milligan is a possible but he hasn't impressed at the back albeit that was part of a 3.

Tarrahib
01-03-2019, 04:04 PM
I heard he is away back to Leicester he was carrying an injury Hibs had not been told about
Maybe Rodgers wants to see him close up? Keep him in the Leicester reserves like he did with Scott Allan at Celtic.

Crab apple
01-03-2019, 04:30 PM
Yams have apparently signed Halkett on a pre contract.

Borderhibbie76
01-03-2019, 05:28 PM
He was also carrying an injury when he signedNow there's a shock....another like Gauld and Agyepong who have barely kicked a ball for us since signing [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
01-03-2019, 05:31 PM
Probably worse now than at any point in the season but we have 4 straight wins in league and cup. As long as Hanlon isn't going to make the injury worse I'd keep him in. He isn't as good as he usually is but is still decent. Milligan is a possible but he hasn't impressed at the back albeit that was part of a 3.Imo Milligan is poor at centre half...we've lost 2 goals recently because of him losing his man at corners...much better in midfield for me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
01-03-2019, 05:32 PM

That would be a shame if it’s true. Would be a good signing for anyone in this league outside Celtc.

CMurdoch
02-03-2019, 03:12 AM

If thats true it is a missed opportunity given we will be in the market for a CH in the summer and this guy has proved he can cut it at our level

JimBHibees
02-03-2019, 08:27 AM

Fair enough Hecky and Robbie will have a handle on loads of half decent centre backs down south who could do a job for us.

PatHead
02-03-2019, 08:45 AM

Take it they will try to sell Souttar then. Either that or he is showing a lack of ambition.

Hermit Crab
02-03-2019, 09:02 AM
If thats true it is a missed opportunity given we will be in the market for a CH in the summer and this guy has proved he can cut it at our level

I trust Hecky to bring in quality players using his and Robbies contacts in the game.