PDA

View Full Version : #AnyoneButDougan

ChickenCurryYLT
28-02-2019, 02:35 PM
Noticed on Twitter, one of the candidates running for fans rep (Macar), has started a mini campaign against current rep Frank Dougan.

Hibs class?

Hibbyradge
28-02-2019, 02:40 PM
Noticed on Twitter, one of the candidates running for fans rep (Macar), has started a mini campaign against current rep Frank Dougan.

Hibs class?

Politics is the same at every level, in every environment, in every class.

When the voting comes along, Frank Dougan will spank Macar.

Peevemor
28-02-2019, 02:41 PM

Hibs class?

He should be excluded from the vote if that's the level of mentality (confirms my suspicions from what I seen of him on here in the past).

BroxburnHibee
28-02-2019, 02:42 PM

:tsk tsk:

Hibbyradge
28-02-2019, 02:43 PM
:tsk tsk:

Sorry boss. I couldn't resist.

MWHIBBIES
28-02-2019, 02:43 PM
Always heard stories about macar being a bit of a tosser. This confirms it tbh.

Moulin Yarns
28-02-2019, 02:46 PM
And this thread will help him to promote his campaign. Well done.

Since452
28-02-2019, 02:47 PM
Is he the blind guy from Sunderland or am i mixing him up?

Iggy Pope
28-02-2019, 02:49 PM

Pish. As I think the role is worthless he will get my vote purely for trying. Anyone in his position who commits to the club as he does deserves to be commended.

Torto7
28-02-2019, 02:50 PM
Hi first post for me, hope everyone is happy with the Hecky revolution.:flag:

Is Macar the guy from Sunderland who used to to a regular caller for phone ins etc? If it is him then he's a passionate hibby alright but a bit of a slaver.

MWHIBBIES
28-02-2019, 02:51 PM
Pish. As I think the role is worthless he will get my vote purely for trying. Anyone in his position who commits to the club as he does deserves to be commended.

You really want someone like him representing out club at official events? No thanks.

StevesFamau5
28-02-2019, 02:54 PM

I could be wrong but I'm sure this is the same guy who's always spouting nonsense on the Facebook supporter pages, but when anyone challenges him he turns it into a witch hunt. Thinks he has a love affair with Hibs & Sunderland? very confused individual :greengrin

Should probably watch what I'm saying, it might be #anyonebutmau5 trending next :rolleyes:

Smartie
28-02-2019, 02:54 PM

Cough *Donald Trump* cough cough.

BroxburnHibee
28-02-2019, 02:56 PM
Sorry boss. I couldn't resist.

:greengrin

Iggy Pope
28-02-2019, 02:56 PM
You really want someone like him representing out club at official events? No thanks.

Someone like him? Care to elaborate? I’ve seen Frank Dougan in the sort of state that wouldn’t be representative of the club. He’d probably be the first to admit this himself.

Cardinal G
28-02-2019, 02:58 PM
He should be excluded from the vote if that's the level of mentality (confirms my suspicions from what I seen of him on here in the past).

Totally agree. Not acceptable ftom a fellow candidate. May have been misguided and not realised how foolish this is.

Pretty Boy
28-02-2019, 02:59 PM
I met Macar a few times when he was up for games a few years back.

He's a decent enough lad and his passion for Hibs is evident. I'm far from convinced he's cut out to be a fans rep though given what comes with the job. He can be a bit thin skinned and when you look at some of what those previously and currently in the role have had thrown at them, including a mini Twitter campaign now, that is hardly something that is going to stand him in good stead. Equally targeting another candidate in a contest that should be fairly good natured, we are all meant to be on the same side after all, is pretty poor. For any perceived faults he has Frank has worked hard in the role and is Hibs through and through, he deserves more respect than that.

Peevemor
28-02-2019, 03:00 PM
Totally agree. Not acceptable ftom a fellow candidate. May have been misguided and not realised how foolish this is.

And just after the candidates are announced. What sort of "misguided" stuff might he get up to if elected.

Please. No.

chrisski33
28-02-2019, 03:00 PM
i for one do not want carl macar to be a fan rep! he sprouts rubbish in my opinion

Cardinal G
28-02-2019, 03:01 PM

Seen him around At both Hibs and sunderland matches. Don't like the lad personally but that aside i just think in this instance he has gauged it wrong.

Iggy Pope
28-02-2019, 03:03 PM
i for one do not want carl macar to be a fan rep! he sprouts rubbish in my opinion

Sounds about right for the role then.

The 90+2
28-02-2019, 03:05 PM
:faf::faf: What a nutjob.

Aim Here
28-02-2019, 03:07 PM

Uh, what effect would excluding someone from the vote have? All you'd do is replace the (incredibly, incredibly, slim) chance of Macar winning with a ready-made, and fair, grievance that they were being unfairly excluded because of their views. Let him make an arse of it if he wants to. He's going to lose, and this isn't going to help. Let him lose in peace.

Besides "Anyone-but-X" is a reasonable campaign platform, though it helps if X is terrible enough to warrant that treatment; it's a tad silly in the current circumstances. Here, the only candidate with enough detractors to warrant an 'anyone-but-him' campaign is likely Macar himself...

MWHIBBIES
28-02-2019, 03:08 PM
Someone like him? Care to elaborate? I’ve seen Frank Dougan in the sort of state that wouldn’t be representative of the club. He’d probably be the first to admit this himself.

Someone who does things like this, targets and insults other candidates. He has a bit of a reputation as a roaster as this thread shows.

Better to keep quiet like Frank and people think you're a moron than open your mouth like Macar and remove all doubt.

Jay
My suspicions are that hes quite vulnerable.

Since452
Anyone else think the fans rep thing is a waste of time? Has the role achieved anything of note?

Iggy Pope
28-02-2019, 03:11 PM
Someone who does things like this, targets and insults other candidates. He has a bit of a reputation as a roaster as this thread shows.

Better to keep quite like Frank and people think you're a moron than open your mouth like Macar and remove all doubt.

Roaster, moron...is this objective comment or just name calling? And by quite you mean quiet, right?

MWHIBBIES
28-02-2019, 03:12 PM
Roaster, moron...is this objective comment or just name calling? And by quite you mean quiet, right?

Yeah, my mistake. Stick by my opinion of him. Luckily no chance he'll actually win.

Peevemor
28-02-2019, 03:12 PM
Anyone else think the fans rep thing is a waste of time? Has the role achieved anything of note?

A waste of who's time?

Iggy Pope
28-02-2019, 03:13 PM
Yeah, my mistake. Stick by my opinion of him. Luckily no chance he'll actually win.

You’re entitled to that of course. I’ll vote for him without caring too much who wins.

FranckSuzy
28-02-2019, 03:22 PM

:agree:

Since452
28-02-2019, 03:23 PM
A waste of who's time?

A waste of time in general. Do we need fans reps? How do they represent us fans? What good has come out of it? Sure there used to be a bit of communication on social media but not for a long time now.

Cardinal G
28-02-2019, 03:24 PM

I actually don't think from my dealings with him that he is vulnerable. He knows what he's doing and likes the attention if I'm honest.

Diclonius
28-02-2019, 03:27 PM
Macar was great when he was on here back in the golden era.

Peevemor
28-02-2019, 03:32 PM
I actually don't think from my dealings with him that he is vulnerable. He knows what he's doing and likes the attention if I'm honest.

That's the impression I get.

I thought he was brutal.

Diclonius
28-02-2019, 03:34 PM
I thought he was brutal.

There was more than a hint of sarcasm in my post, don't worry. :wink:

Jay
28-02-2019, 03:38 PM

Liking the attention makes him vulnerable in my opinion.

cleanyman
28-02-2019, 03:39 PM
I'll be voting for Macar

Iggy Pope
28-02-2019, 03:42 PM
I'll be voting for Macar

Christ, I’ve changed my mind now.

SRHibs
28-02-2019, 03:43 PM

Well, if the slipper fits!

HoboHarry
28-02-2019, 03:45 PM
I think Stevie Mallan started this thread to take .net heat off of himself....

Sean1875
28-02-2019, 03:48 PM
The Slipper/Macar saga on here was the stuff of legend. I'm still no voting for him mind you :greengrin

hibbyfraelibby
28-02-2019, 03:50 PM
#AnyoneButTheDodgyGuyWithTheFetishSite

ben johnson
28-02-2019, 03:57 PM
A waste of time in general. Do we need fans reps? How do they represent us fans? What good has come out of it? Sure there used to be a bit of communication on social media but not for a long time now.

Was speaking to Frank in Greece about his role and he mentioned that he represents the Club at funerals of supporters and it means so much to the family of the deceased to have an official club representative at the funeral
Frank also did a lot of visits with the Cup to housebound supporters , hospice visits etc etc
Tracy was there as well and was on hand if we had any problems in Greece with accommodation after the charter was cancelled. Tracy was very keen to help if she could.
I’ve never really needed their help as I usually sort out my own problems but they are there and very keen to help
I think we should also remember how the board have always played their cards close to their chest in all matters. I would think there is only so much the reps can do and say.
This is not a pro Frank post as I think it’s time for new blood but like him
Or not he has put some amount of effort in on matters I mentioned earlier in the post

Alan62
28-02-2019, 04:08 PM
As mentioned on the other fans' rep thread, the job only suits a certain kind of individual.

The role is a valuable addition to the board if the candidate can sensibly contribute ideas and talents that further the aims of the football club. If they can't articulate their ideas and have no discernable talents then they'll have a lonely and frustrating tenure trying to keep up with the work of the board.

Put it this way, it's an expensive way to get a free season ticket.

For those of us in the electorate, approach it like any election. Vote for the candidate that you think would best represent your views.

Delboy4
28-02-2019, 04:11 PM
I don't know any of the candidates for the role but if I did or had dealings with the person on here or any other social media page I certainly wouldn't be slagging, berating and calling them roasters on Hibs.net...

I thought we were all on the same side? :rolleyes:

Guys, get a grip and leave the candidates do what they want. If the win or lose, it's up to them and fair play to them for putting their name forward hopefully trying to do something for the club!!!!

I must be getting laid back in ma auld age!

Last Minute
28-02-2019, 04:15 PM
Nothing against Frank but I think its time for a change and let someone else have a turn. Fresh ideas etc..

Frazerbob
28-02-2019, 04:16 PM
I don't know any of the candidates for the role but if I did or had dealings with the person on here or any other social media page I certainly wouldn't be slagging, berating and calling them roasters on Hibs.net...

I thought we were all on the same side? :rolleyes:

Guys, get a grip and leave the candidates do what they want. If the win or lose, it's up to them and fair play to them for putting their name forward hopefully trying to do something for the club!!!!

I must be getting laid back in ma auld age!

Being a Hibs fan doesn’t make you immune to being a ‘roaster’ unfortunately.

Caversham Green
28-02-2019, 04:31 PM

Should we just leave it to Rod Petrie to decide who the directors should be then?

Crazyhorse
28-02-2019, 04:38 PM
Should we just leave it to Rod Petrie to decide who the directors should be then?

Who actually has a vote?

Hermit Crab
28-02-2019, 04:43 PM
If a fellow supporter standing for fans rep has started a smear campaign using the hash tag #anyonebutdougan then surely they should be removed from the running?

blackpoolhibs
28-02-2019, 04:46 PM
Macar on the Hibs board. :faf:

I'd pay money to see that. :greengrin

GordonHFC
28-02-2019, 04:46 PM
Who actually has a vote?

Shareholders and season ticket holders.

Hibbyradge
28-02-2019, 04:47 PM
I think Stevie Mallan started this thread to take .net heat off of himself....

:faf:

Caversham Green
28-02-2019, 04:48 PM
Who actually has a vote?

All supporters on the database according to the 'fishul site.

Hermit Crab
Macar on the Hibs board. :faf:

I'd pay money to see that. :greengrin

Was bad enough when he was on this board!

Billy Whizz
This is a wee bit disrespectful to Frank in my opinion, regardless, of who you want to vote for

EVENTUALLY
28-02-2019, 04:49 PM
Nothing against Frank but I think its time for a change and let someone else have a turn. Fresh ideas etc..
100%. Frank Dougan has enjoyed a seat in the Boardroom at a fantastic time for the club and by all accounts he has done a very decent job, but it is time for him to step aside and enable another long standing Hibs supporter the opportunity to serve the club in an official capacity.

Hibbyradge
28-02-2019, 04:51 PM
If a fellow supporter standing for fans rep has started a smear campaign using the hash tag #anyonebutdougan then surely they should be removed from the running?

Are there rules for these elections?

If so, has he breached any?

If not, his actions will be judged by those voting.

EVENTUALLY
28-02-2019, 04:52 PM
Was bad enough when he was on this board!

Brilliant!

Billy Whizz
28-02-2019, 04:54 PM

Probably not any specific rules, but the director appointed is supporting the fans, Frank included, if he was be successful

Hermit Crab
28-02-2019, 04:59 PM

No idea if theres rules or not but the # slogan is in bad taste imo.

Billy Whizz

100%

RoslinInstHibby
think Carl has now canned his twitter account.....

HTD1875
28-02-2019, 05:08 PM

He would enjoy that to be fair.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-02-2019, 05:21 PM
Don’t think that condidates - if that’s what they are should be slating others - leave that to the politicians.

matty_f
28-02-2019, 05:24 PM
I would have been as against an #anyonebutmacar campaign as I am against an #anyonebutdougan campaign if it's being led by another candidate.

I think this says a lot about the unsuitability of Macar.

The 90+2
28-02-2019, 05:27 PM
I would have been as against an #anyonebutmacar campaign as I am against an #anyonebutdougan campaign if it's being led by another candidate.

I think this says a lot about the unsuitability of Macar.

To be fair mate maybe he just thinks like a lot of folk do that Dougan doesn’t do much to represent the support and wants anyone but him to come in? It’s still a nutjob thing to do mind.

Green-Hibee-7
28-02-2019, 05:28 PM
Amazing 😂

What a circus.

Saturday Boy
28-02-2019, 05:31 PM
To be fair mate maybe he just thinks like a lot of folk do that Dougan doesn’t do much to represent the support and wants anyone but him to come in? It’s still a nutjob thing to do mind.

Frank’s biggest problem is that the only way to contact him is to actually go to a game. Home, away or the development team.

I think that’s what upsets people.

Only my opinion though.

matty_f
28-02-2019, 05:31 PM

He may well feel like that, but I think if you're going to stand do so on your own merits and not by running down other candidates.

It's bad form, IMHO.

The 90+2
28-02-2019, 05:33 PM
Frank’s biggest problem is that the only way to contact him is to actually go to a game. Home, away or the development team.

I think that’s what upsets people.

Only my opinion though.

I would agree even then it’s more of a representation of the Hibs club more than anything not the wide support.

The 90+2
28-02-2019, 05:35 PM
He may well feel like that, but I think if you're going to stand do so on your own merits and not by running down other candidates.

It's bad form, IMHO.

Totally. Like I said, nut job behaviour and the publicity has obviously got to him.

Green_one
28-02-2019, 05:37 PM
100%. Frank Dougan has enjoyed a seat in the Boardroom at a fantastic time for the club and by all accounts he has done a very decent job, but it is time for him to step aside and enable another long standing Hibs supporter the opportunity to serve the club in an official capacity.

Way too balanced and sensible an opinion for this site.

Quick man, think of something petty to say. :greengrin:cb

For example, has Frank got an unusual mole that might debar him?

The problem with democracy is the voters.

Hermit Crab
28-02-2019, 05:37 PM

It's bad form, IMHO.

He won't be getting many votes now and rightly so. Erse.

cabbageandribs1875
28-02-2019, 05:40 PM
naughty boy macar, naughty boy

righty, who's left to vote for

The 90+2
28-02-2019, 05:42 PM
He won't be getting many votes now and rightly so. Erse.

He will do from the twitter people you would imagine.

FranckSuzy
28-02-2019, 05:46 PM
I would agree even then it’s more of a representation of the Hibs club more than anything not the wide support.

Frank has not had anything to do with the Hibs Club for years now :confused:

Iggy Pope
28-02-2019, 05:48 PM

No idea either but in his present form Frank wouldn’t know the impact of the # if it slapped Macar on the backside so it’s hardly damaging him is it? Lots of Frank cronies about the board though. Are you all AST gadgies? Damn clique.

The 90+2
28-02-2019, 05:53 PM

Maybe not as president or anything...

vercol36
28-02-2019, 05:58 PM
Frank’s biggest problem is that the only way to contact him is to actually go to a game.

Or to church, you heathen!!

Iggy Pope
28-02-2019, 06:01 PM

To be fair he did a lot of speaking on behalf of Hibs fans as did other incumbents like Ronnie Ferguson (yes, I’m old), Mike Riley and the late Bill Alcorn.
Good Hibbies mostly but none of them ever uttered a word on my behalf. I only went to the club (1976 juvenile) to get my bus and drink cheap Tennents. They never represented me and neither do the ‘Reps’. I’ll represent myself.

Sir David Gray
28-02-2019, 06:03 PM
Really poor from him. I'm neither for or against Frank Dougan but I think this makes him (Macar) unsuitable as a candidate and he should be quietly withdrawn from the election process.

FranckSuzy
28-02-2019, 06:07 PM

Please enlighten me then as I have been a member of a branch since 2013, on the committee of said branch since 2014 and my partner is the current Chairman and Frank has had no involvement in the Club in that time :aok:

Edit: In fact, I can count on one hand the number of times he has actually even been in the Club since he stepped down from an official position in the HSA.

MWHIBBIES
28-02-2019, 06:10 PM
Really poor from him. I'm neither for or against Frank Dougan but I think this makes him (Macar) unsuitable as a candidate and he should be quietly withdrawn from the election process.

This is my view. Frank may or may not be a good candidate but I see nothing to suggest he'd disrespect someone publicly this like.

Iggy Pope
28-02-2019, 06:12 PM
This is my view. Frank may or may not be a good candidate but I see nothing to suggest he'd disrespect someone publicly this like.

What does Frank do that’s public?

WestStandWillie
28-02-2019, 06:16 PM
Not Frank’s biggest fan but he’s a far superior choice to Macar. The comments on social media and the hashtag prove it. Met Macar quite a few times and he’s a pest but a harmless yin. Get an awfy feeling he’s been led astray by individuals with an agenda against the board.

Iggy Pope
28-02-2019, 06:17 PM
Not Frank’s biggest fan but he’s a far superior choice to Macar. The comments on social media and the hashtag prove it. Met Macar quite a few times and he’s a pest but a harmless yin. Get an awfy feeling he’s been led astray by individuals with an agenda against the board.

I’m not one of those. Just for the record.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-02-2019, 06:22 PM
There should (presumably is?) a code of conduct.

MWHIBBIES
28-02-2019, 06:44 PM
What does Frank do that’s public?Well he doesn't insult other Hibs fans which is a pretty good place to start for a fans rep.

jacomo
28-02-2019, 06:57 PM

The halcyon days!

jacomo
28-02-2019, 06:59 PM
I looks forward to hearing from all the candidates about how they will improve communication between the fans and the board. And then not hear from them again.

Personally speaking, January just proved to me that these roles are pointless.

Iggy Pope
28-02-2019, 07:01 PM
Well he doesn't insult other Hibs fans which is a pretty good place to start for a fans rep.

He doesn’t do this publicly or just doesn’t do anything publicly?

Iggy Pope
28-02-2019, 07:07 PM
I looks forward to hearing from all the candidates about how they will improve communication between the fans and the board. And then not hear from them again.

Agree. Nothing has been gained in any form. Public sway is either unrepresented, disregarded or worse still it leads to a lack of unity.
The club needs to end this unsavoury process in my opinion and keep matters to themselves, which they have always been good at. When I was younger I’d have given an organ (or maybe a limb) to be called a director of Hibs. Right now it doesn’t seem a fair swap.

The 90+2
28-02-2019, 07:07 PM

Keiran has already said in his statement and he’s a person very true to his word.

ekhibee
28-02-2019, 07:14 PM

This.

Scouse Hibee
28-02-2019, 07:19 PM
Keiran has already said in his statement and he’s a person very true to his word.

The problem is, what is said at election time has proved not to be what actually happens in reality.

The 90+2
28-02-2019, 07:46 PM
The problem is, what is said at election time has proved not to be what actually happens in reality.

True. But at the same time perhaps someone like KP has seen that and nothing happens and thought **** it, I’ll give it a go? And knowing the boy he will have no interest in posh seats etc he will be 100% for the fans and just not when trying to be elected.

StevesFamau5
28-02-2019, 08:07 PM
It appears that macar has deactivated his twitter account. Probably the wisest thing to do atm. The anyone but dougan hashtag is pretty defunct now. Back to more pressing issues... Why is it so hard to get a box of damn oreo cereal in this country!!! 😂

J-C
28-02-2019, 08:10 PM
The Twitter post came up in my feed, I let Macar know he was out of order, poor stuff tbh

Hermit Crab
28-02-2019, 08:31 PM
The Twitter post came up in my feed, I let Macar know he was out of order, poor stuff tbh

Got a link?

J-C
28-02-2019, 08:37 PM
Got a link?

Just checked and it says account doesn't exist, either he's closed it or it was a fake account

MWHIBBIES
28-02-2019, 08:39 PM
He doesn’t do this publicly or just doesn’t do anything publicly?Just getting boring now. If you think someone publicly slandering other Hibs fans/candidates is suitable for that role then go for it.

Future17
28-02-2019, 09:04 PM

Bit harsh blaming the dug no?

Future17
28-02-2019, 09:05 PM

"Smear campaign". Give me strength.

DetroitHibs
28-02-2019, 09:15 PM
It's like an episode of Corrie all this drama. Who cares what the daftie posted, he's entitled to post whatever he wants within reason.

Brummie_Hibs
28-02-2019, 09:24 PM
Youse cannae be tha foo shillin' if u'wanna be'a fitba fan rep, un'a dinnae trust folks tha ar'nae tha foo shillin'.

Forza Fred
28-02-2019, 09:26 PM
I think there is a general feeling that after four years, Frank’s time is up.

If Macar gets in, I reckon after six weeks a similar feeling will exist concerning him.

.Sean.
28-02-2019, 09:36 PM
I mind years ago he made his way onto the old East Lothian Hibs page on Facebook and posted something about visiting Seton Sands caravan park and looking for pointers as to where to go what to do etc, then casual as you like asked where he could go for a spanking and if any locals were into bdsm 😂😂😂😂😂

DetroitHibs
28-02-2019, 09:39 PM
I mind years ago he made his way onto the old East Lothian Hibs page on Facebook and posted something about visiting Seton Sands caravan park and looking for pointers as to where to go what to do etc, then casual as you like asked where he could go for a spanking and if any locals were into bdsm 😂😂😂😂😂

That Frank sounds like a kinky auld bugger :greengrin

StevieC
28-02-2019, 09:40 PM
I think there is a general feeling that after four years, Frank’s time is up.

If Macar gets in, I reckon after six weeks a similar feeling will exist concerning him.

Is he on holiday for the first 5 weeks? :wink:

The Baldmans Comb
28-02-2019, 09:48 PM
I would agree entirely with the #anyonebutdougan hash tag.

Of all the statements Kierans seems the most credible and he seems to have a lot of personal endorsmemts by respected fans both here and on dot.bounce.

dp00
28-02-2019, 10:02 PM
I think while frank ain’t very vocal online. I’ve heard plenty stories about how much time he puts into the role and the things he does to help fans out . Just cause it’s not being shouted about doesn’t mean he is doing nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worcesterhibby
28-02-2019, 10:13 PM

:faf::faf:

Swedish hibee
28-02-2019, 10:21 PM
Anarchy at the Hibs board meetings!!!
He has my vote😂😂😂

147lothian
01-03-2019, 11:07 AM
I think while frank ain’t very vocal online. I’ve heard plenty stories about how much time he puts into the role and the things he does to help fans out . Just cause it’s not being shouted about doesn’t mean he is doing nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend agree with this, were talking about someone who lives and breathes Hibs even tough I don't really see him in the club now, 30 odd years in the HSA before resigning and going to behind the goal must count for something, His visible presence at games is a reminder that you can be a supporter without going online, I'll see what the other candidates have to say but for me him and Tracey do a pretty good job.

RoslinInstHibby
01-03-2019, 11:29 AM
official update about this today....

Since452
01-03-2019, 11:53 AM
Agree. Nothing has been gained in any form. Public sway is either unrepresented, disregarded or worse still it leads to a lack of unity.
The club needs to end this unsavoury process in my opinion and keep matters to themselves, which they have always been good at. When I was younger I’d have given an organ (or maybe a limb) to be called a director of Hibs. Right now it doesn’t seem a fair swap.

This is where i'm at with it. I just don't see what purpose it serves.

Itsnoteasy
01-03-2019, 11:55 AM

Comedy gold

Since452
01-03-2019, 03:16 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/blind-hibs-fan-spat-at-and-abused-at-ibrox-game-1-4685583

Is this the Macar guy? Fair play to him for attending all the games and standing for a fan rep with a serious disability

FranckSuzy
01-03-2019, 04:33 PM

Please enlighten me then as I have been a member of a branch since 2013, on the committee of said branch since 2014 and my partner is the current Chairman and Frank has had no involvement in the Club in that time :aok:

Edit: In fact, I can count on one hand the number of times he has actually even been in the Club since he stepped down from an official position in the HSA.

Any chance of you backing this claim up? :dunno:

hibbydad
01-03-2019, 04:37 PM
You are right Frank Suzy I have only seen him in the place one the night Whelahans was opened

Carheenlea
01-03-2019, 05:09 PM
Regardless of how many votes Macar receives I suspect it will be made sure he falls short. With his “colourful” social media past will be something Hibs will be aware of and won’t wish to take the risk of some things from the past resurfacing to cause embarrassment.
Frank is a safe pair of hands but maybe it is time for some fresh blood, but sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for.

hibbyfraelibby
01-03-2019, 05:24 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/blind-hibs-fan-spat-at-and-abused-at-ibrox-game-1-4685583

Is this the Macar guy? Fair play to him for attending all the games and standing for a fan rep with a serious disability

Wasn't his claim disproved by the evidence?

Hermit Crab
01-03-2019, 05:26 PM
Wasn't his claim disproved by the evidence?

That rings a bell.

FranckSuzy
01-03-2019, 05:51 PM
You are right Frank Suzy I have only seen him in the place one the night Whelahans was opened

:agree:

He was there frequently as part of the excellent Persevered Tour but off his own back? Nope :aok:

PaulSmith
01-03-2019, 06:48 PM
He’s withdrawn from running.

cabbageandribs1875
01-03-2019, 06:53 PM
He’s withdrawn from running.

i respect him for doing that

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2019, 06:58 PM
i respect him for doing that

You respect him for starting a campaign against another candidate then pulling out when he realised he had made an erse of himself?

matty_f
01-03-2019, 07:14 PM
You respect him for starting a campaign against another candidate then pulling out when he realised he had made an erse of himself?

Wonder if it was a "Carl wasn't asked to remove himself from the process, and Carl didn't want to remove himself from the process" type exit.

cabbageandribs1875
01-03-2019, 07:22 PM

yes, and i've said nothing of the sort with the first part of your sentence

Hermit Crab
01-03-2019, 07:22 PM
Still off twitter.

matty_f
01-03-2019, 07:32 PM
Still off twitter.

Knowing Macar, I wouldn't be surprised if he was put up to the #anyonebutdougan stuff.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2019, 07:37 PM
Knowing Macar, I wouldn't be surprised if he was put up to the #anyonebutdougan stuff.

Well its bit late now to come out with that, he's blown it.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2019, 07:55 PM
He was put up for the gig, (the Blair witch project) :agree:

matty_f
01-03-2019, 07:56 PM
Well its bit late now to come out with that, he's blown it.

:agree: he might not have been, right enough.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2019, 07:57 PM
:agree: he might not have been, right enough.

Maybe he'll explain it at some point. Doubt it though.

HibeeHibernian4
01-03-2019, 08:17 PM
He was put up for the gig, (the Blair witch project) :agree:

Is that referring to a particularly outspoken Blair on twitter by any chance?

01-03-2019, 10:49 PM
Wonder if it was a "Carl wasn't asked to remove himself from the process, and Carl didn't want to remove himself from the process" type exit.

I'd like to know the opinion on this of #AnyoneButChrisSutton