PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the away support

Scott Allan Key
28-02-2019, 09:46 AM
I took my young daughter and son (his first ever game) to the game last night in Perth. I’ve not been a regular away supporter at all. I went to Motherwell last season, that was all.

What made the game brilliant last night was the singing section, the drumming and atmosphere was great for my kids, who aren’t so fussed about the football, albeit enjoying the goals. They were both dancing and clapping in the aisles as the music from the stands was tantalising and a great new experience for them. So, well done for your bit I’m bringing new Hibees into the fold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibeeHibernian4
28-02-2019, 09:58 AM
Love posts like this, I know they’re not everybody’s cup of tea all the time but I’d shudder to think what the atmosphere in away ends would be like without them. As brutal as Hearts, maybe?

Diclonius
28-02-2019, 10:05 AM
Great to hear.

Winston Ingram
28-02-2019, 10:24 AM
Great to hear

WillowbraeHibby
28-02-2019, 10:31 AM
I took my young daughter and son (his first ever game) to the game last night in Perth. I’ve not been a regular away supporter at all. I went to Motherwell last season, that was all.

What made the game brilliant last night was the singing section, the drumming and atmosphere was great for my kids, who aren’t so fussed about the football, albeit enjoying the goals. They were both dancing and clapping in the aisles as the music from the stands was tantalising and a great new experience for them. So, well done for your bit I’m bringing new Hibees into the fold.

Smashing to hear this.. Glad the young uns enjoyed...

28-02-2019, 10:35 AM
There were some mental cases behind me whinging at the singing section for standing when they took a break from whinging at Kamberi

Ringothedog
28-02-2019, 01:16 PM
Great to hear.

Were the Neil Lennon fan club there this time?

Why? It’s irrelevant to this thread whether they were or not.

Keith_M
28-02-2019, 01:21 PM

Please bring them more often, cos we really need people to actually join in the singing

:wink:

adhibs
28-02-2019, 01:22 PM
Great to hear.

Were the Neil Lennon fan club there this time?

Can't remember the last time I read a thread on here without your brutal, constantly negative input. ****ing cheer up.

adhibs
28-02-2019, 01:23 PM

Glad your kids enjoyed it, can only be good for the future :thumbsup:

CMurdoch
28-02-2019, 01:25 PM

I posted the following in a similar vein on another thread earlier today

"The singing section is not my thing but they made a massive positive difference last night.
The place was dead, felt like a lower league match with one man and his dug.
The singing section brought it to life.
Well done to the singers and the drummer who worked hard all night to create an atmosphere".

Diclonius
28-02-2019, 02:12 PM
Why? It’s irrelevant to this thread whether they were or not.

Fair enough - didn't realise there was another thread on the away support and would have posted it there if I saw. Deleted now, on reflection it wasn't appropriate.

Can't remember the last time I read a thread on here without your brutal, constantly negative input. ****ing cheer up.

See above - I'm more than balanced if you read my posting history and kindly lay off the personal abuse.

Hibernia&Alba
28-02-2019, 05:58 PM
Our support was class last night. It makes all the difference to the occasion :flag:

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-02-2019, 07:07 PM
Must have been close to a 50/50 crowd last night between home and away fans? We got in just on kick off and were in the bottom bit of the main stand on the left. That was fairly full as well.