PDA

View Full Version : Marc McNulty

Unseen work
28-02-2019, 12:17 AM
We need to try our hardest to get this guy on a permanent or at least a season long loan next year.

Great players who has a lot to his game, good touch, hold up play, vision, work rate and is a finisher.

Settled in very well and has struck up a good partnership with Flo.

6 in 4 starts for us now with 1 assist too.

JimboHibs
28-02-2019, 12:18 AM
We need to try our hardest to get this guy on a permanent or at least a season long loan next year.

Great players who has a lot to his game, good touch, hold up play, vision, work rate and is a finisher.

No chance,hes showed enough already to his club that he'll be back to Reading (unfortunately)

monktonharp
28-02-2019, 12:26 AM
No chance,hes showed enough already to his club that he'll be back to Reading (unfortunately)sadly, I concur. we simply canny pay anything near his wage doon there. as far as I know, his Da is an out and out Hibby. so proud.

Hermit Crab
28-02-2019, 12:32 AM
No chance,hes showed enough already to his club that he'll be back to Reading (unfortunately)

How no chance? Reading were willing to sell but Hibs wouldn't/couldn't meet their price, in 6 months his price tag has gone down a bit. IMO theres every chance we'll get him permanently or a further loan.

Unseen work
28-02-2019, 12:43 AM
Imo his form won’t really make Reading sit up and take notice as they knew what he was capable of after his form at Coventry and had him for 6 months before deeming him surplus to requirements.

Negtaive is he’s only 6 months into a 4 year deal and they paid about a million for him, you would imagine they would want that sort of money back for him which we wouldn’t pay.

I’d love him here more regularly, seems to get the club and be really greatful to be here and is complimentary of the fans

Phil MaGlass
28-02-2019, 05:27 AM
simple deal involving higher percentage of any sell on should see him at ER.

Waxy
28-02-2019, 05:43 AM
Reading are in danger of being regulated.

Heisenberg
28-02-2019, 05:50 AM
I’m sure Reading will keep him, especially if they go down. If they do still want rid he’ll go to the highest bidder down south.

Onion
28-02-2019, 05:51 AM
Really like McNulty, got everything you'd want in a Hibs striker but sadly little chance of us signing him. He's already shown his talents and if he keeps up this scoring rate he'll have a few richer clubs than us (incl Reading) taking notice. Best we could hope for is an extended loan.

Libby Hibby
28-02-2019, 05:58 AM
Ain’t nobody, like McNulty.
Makes me happy, makes me feel this way.

James310
28-02-2019, 05:58 AM

By Warren G?

heretoday
28-02-2019, 06:13 AM
McNulty is doing himself and us a lot of good.

H18 SFR
28-02-2019, 06:22 AM
By Warren G?

No! Nate Dog.

kevinc
28-02-2019, 06:24 AM
sadly, I concur. we simply canny pay anything near his wage doon there. as far as I know, his Da is an out and out Hibby. so proud.
His da is a Celtic fan.

Hibee Mac
28-02-2019, 06:28 AM
I thought we had McNulty on an 18 month loan?

Silky
28-02-2019, 06:33 AM

Wow! Tax? EBT's? Never knew that. Source?

Jim44
28-02-2019, 06:40 AM

Wow! Tax? EBT's? Never knew that. Source?

There’s a fortune to be made for anyone who invented a text replacement corrector. :greengrin

Since90+2
28-02-2019, 06:44 AM
sadly, I concur. we simply canny pay anything near his wage doon there. as far as I know, his Da is an out and out Hibby. so proud.

His Dad and older brother are Celtic fans.

SquashedFrogg
28-02-2019, 06:44 AM
By Warren G?

Lol

Coco Bryce
28-02-2019, 06:48 AM
And to think we showed Marc the door when he was about 16 after being told he was too small to make it :rolleyes:

TelaStella
28-02-2019, 06:54 AM
His da is a Celtic fan.

That’s what I thought but I’m pretty sure Marc is one of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyeSloan
28-02-2019, 06:55 AM
That’s what I thought but I’m pretty sure Marc is one of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope he’s a Celtic fan as well...not that it matters really.

He’s been class since he arrived and hopefully will keep banging them in for us until the end of the season.

Can’t see us holding on to him after that I’m afraid.

green day
28-02-2019, 08:02 AM
And to think we showed Marc the door when he was about 16 after being told he was too small to make it :rolleyes:

These things happen.

Football has a huge list of youth players in similar situations.

Cummings, for example?

CB_NO3
28-02-2019, 08:49 AM

Family are all massive Celtic fans.

CRAZYHIBBY
28-02-2019, 09:51 AM
Will probably go to celtic in the summer

Caversham Green
28-02-2019, 09:59 AM

You could be right even if you meant relegated, which is also true. I think the reason they were hard to deal with in January is that they are in danger of breaching the FFP rules. They've been paying a lot of good money for a lot of bad players in the past few years while attendances have been dropping and it's now catching up with them.

1van Sprou7e
28-02-2019, 10:35 AM
Will probably go to celtic in the summer

Would make sense actually, especially after he scores a hattrick on Saturday

neil7908
28-02-2019, 10:38 AM
If he really wants to come back here that could play a huge role.

He's a Hibbie right? If he pushes for a move that will help enormously.

Is there a possibility we have an agreement two sign for a fixed fees at the end of the loan as with Flo?

neil7908
28-02-2019, 10:39 AM
I thought we had McNulty on an 18 month loan?

That was the rumour before he joined but certain the club said only 6 months.

HoboHarry
28-02-2019, 11:22 AM
That was the rumour before he joined but certain the club said only 6 months.
This quote is from the official site - "Marc McNulty returned to Hibernian on loan from Reading in January 2019, signing on until the end of the 2018/19 season."

The 90+2
28-02-2019, 11:36 AM
This quote is from the official site - "Marc McNulty returned to Hibernian on loan from Reading in January 2019, signing on until the end of the 2018/19 season."

I can see him staying another year. Certainly if it's up to the player.

Leith_Hibee
28-02-2019, 12:38 PM
I think he'll head back to Reading in the summer and fight for a place in their team. The likelihood is they'll have a new gaffer, as Jose who froze Marc out is making a right mess of the Reading job.

Hibs will not be able to afford his wages, let alone the transfer fee. You need to remember, at the end of this season he'll still have 3 years left on a decent deal. We should enjoy his contribution of the 6 months and get some of the young boys to learn from his running in behind. His runs tell the midfielders where to put the ball.

1van Sprou7e
28-02-2019, 12:49 PM
If he really wants to come back here that could play a huge role.

He's a Hibbie right? If he pushes for a move that will help enormously.

Is there a possibility we have an agreement two sign for a fixed fees at the end of the loan as with Flo?

Not a hibbie but he is a local lad

LustForLeith
28-02-2019, 12:55 PM
I believe that he was to sign but it ended up as a loan deal. If true we may regret it

Delboy4
28-02-2019, 01:21 PM
The only way we would get him would be an extension of his loan of 6 months in the summer.

If reading have a new manager by then, he will be wanting to look at all his players, especially a goal scorer like sparky! Pity though...

Hermit Crab
28-02-2019, 03:17 PM
I believe that he was to sign but it ended up as a loan deal. If true we may regret it

I think it was more down to Reading refusing to budge on the transfer fee, I reckon we'll get him in the summer.

Chip shop Joe
28-02-2019, 03:25 PM
It may be the case, as with so many loan deals that a fee has been agreed for him to sign permanently. But we did not want to take the risk in shelling out the money prior to seeing if he settled and maybe agreed the loan with an agreement to buy if he plays x amount of minutes or scores x amount of goals.

I certainly hope so!

Hibbyradge
28-02-2019, 09:35 PM
I think it was more down to Reading refusing to budge on the transfer fee, I reckon we'll get him in the summer.

I think he'll leave Reading in the summer.

Whether we get him is another matter.

In the Heck's latest interview, he says that "He'll be a big player for us until the end of the season".

majorhibs
28-02-2019, 09:58 PM

Wi’oot readin the rest, it would be a guid start if a lot on here werenae quite so keen on compliance nonsense etc with said player, completely unwarranted from “Hibbies”, lets get back tae supportin our team & our best performers, ye’se ken who ye’se are.