PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Wright

SonOfDavidFrancey
27-02-2019, 10:24 PM
Curmudgeonly roaster.

HibeeHibernian4
27-02-2019, 10:24 PM
Sure he was greeting about Hendo in the League Cup semi final a few years back too?

matty_f
27-02-2019, 10:27 PM
Lucky none of his players do anything unsporting like mucking about with penalty spots or trying to wind up a penalty taker.

And they never ever go down easily.

Libby Hibby
27-02-2019, 10:28 PM
He’s bitter tonight.

gaz1875
27-02-2019, 10:28 PM
He needs to look at his own players first before he accuses others of diving.

Callum_62
27-02-2019, 10:29 PM
pretty sure Tony Watts was hardly the foul of the century for Slivkas 2nd booking

27-02-2019, 10:33 PM
pretty sure Tony Watts was hardly the foul of the century for Slivkas 2nd booking

Exactly, didn't hear Weight mention that in his interview. Funny that.

Hermit Crab
27-02-2019, 10:33 PM

C'mon, Slivka had already gotten away with a foul on the touchline that could easily have been a 2nd yellow. He made it easy for the ref.

Stevie Reid
27-02-2019, 10:37 PM
Really soft pen for us but couldn’t give a ****. Plenty bad ones go against us.

HoboHarry
27-02-2019, 10:39 PM
Greetin faced Kent.....

murray26
C'mon, Slivka had already gotten away with a foul on the touchline that could easily have been a 2nd yellow. He made it easy for the ref.

It was never ever a 2nd yellow card regardless of what had happened before

BegbieHSC
Wright on Kamberi below - unprofessional, disgraceful comments from a manger. Who is he to question Kamberi’s personal character??

"I’d say I would be embarrassed for the lad but maybe not because I’m not sure what kind of character he is.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3935358/hibs-florian-kamberi-conman-st-johnstone-tommy-wright/ (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3935358/hibs-florian-kamberi-conman-st-johnstone-tommy-wright/)

Callum_62
27-02-2019, 10:47 PM

Thats should have been his 2nd yellow - the one he eventually got watt just throws himself down

I was surprised we didnt sub Slivka after he got away with one

HoboHarry
27-02-2019, 10:50 PM
Thats should have been his 2nd yellow - the one he eventually got watt just throws himself down

I was surprised we didnt sub Slivka after he got away with one
Didn't need to. The Heckmeister knew we only needed 10 men to beat that mob :greengrin

wookie70
27-02-2019, 10:50 PM
Wright on Kamberi below - unprofessional, disgraceful comments from a manger. Who is he to question Kamberi’s personal character??

"I’d say I would be embarrassed for the lad but maybe not because I’m not sure what kind of character he is.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3935358/hibs-florian-kamberi-conman-st-johnstone-tommy-wright/ (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3935358/hibs-florian-kamberi-conman-st-johnstone-tommy-wright/)

Is Wright not a golfing mate of Lennon. Might explain his OTT comment where Kamberi is concerned. Slivkas was a terrible dive but there was plenty contact on Flo even though he made the most of it and a good deal more contact than sent Watt tumbling. Glass houses and all that.

Sir David Gray
27-02-2019, 10:51 PM
Nae luck, I have no sympathy as it's swings and roundabouts. I'm sure we'll be on the wrong end of a decision soon enough.

Cameron1875
27-02-2019, 10:58 PM
Raging that his mate got binned by Hibs just like the seethe that came from Sutton, Douglas, and Leckie.
GIRUY and mon the Hibs.

SquashedFrogg
27-02-2019, 11:00 PM

You can't book someone for a previous foul?

Shrekko
27-02-2019, 11:03 PM
Watt’s dive was the most embarrassing moment of the game. Hibs pen was soft but Wright’s comments are a disgrace. Very few forward players wouldn’t go down.

500miles
27-02-2019, 11:04 PM
I feel like I'm going mental, because Shaughnessy blatantly shoves him for absolutely no reason and Craig comes lumbering in like a pished pensioner across a busy dance floor. It's not brutal, but it's clumsy and a foul all day long.

hibsboy69
27-02-2019, 11:04 PM
It was never a pen

However Wright would be wise to remember (in the interests of fairness) :-

1. Tony Watt's "ghost foul" vs Hearts when he won a pen with nobody near him

2. Tony Watt deliberately getting a fellow pro sent off tonight by just falling to the ground

What goes around Tommy ! :na na:

hulk
27-02-2019, 11:06 PM
Wright is an ungracious twat and should shut his trap. Craig was stupid putting in the tackle and as far as I can see contact was made and Flo went down. Soft, yes but his comments are out of order and he shouldn’t be allowed to call players a cheat without being brought to account. When he watches it back will he retract his comment and apologise to Flo - will he ***** as he’s a miserable moaning faced arse.

Billy Whizz
27-02-2019, 11:09 PM
St Johnstone are just a mini Aberdeen, foul hoofball and delaying tactics

Danderhall Hibs
27-02-2019, 11:09 PM
Watt’s dive was the most embarrassing moment of the game. Hibs pen was soft but Wright’s comments are a disgrace. Very few forward players wouldn’t go down.

Which one? He crumbled when Slivka breathed on him but also took a tumble when Stevenson went shoulder to shoulder with him.

DetroitHibs
27-02-2019, 11:13 PM
Watched on Hibs TV and from first view even there commentator thought it was a penalty, albeit soft. After 3-4 replays he changed his mind. Was a VERY soft pen, but the ref gets one look at it.

04Sauzee
27-02-2019, 11:14 PM
Did Tommy Wright ever comment on this penalty?

https://twitter.com/BBCSportScot/status/1070698377137020928?s=19

angus hibby
27-02-2019, 11:14 PM
And some wanted Wright as our manager......

The penalty was soft but I think Shaughnessy had a hold of Kamberi initially, which could have potentially been a soft pen too. Slivka red card very soft too and was the classic “even things up” decision,

04Sauzee
27-02-2019, 11:15 PM
Looking forward to trial by sportscene shortly

The 90+2
27-02-2019, 11:16 PM
Dear Thomas giruy.

hibeerealist
27-02-2019, 11:22 PM

He is a Fud, never hear a peep when his players are at it complete fanny !!!

givescotlandfreedom
27-02-2019, 11:55 PM
I mind they got away with murder against us last season when John McGinn was assaulted and Marciano was sent off for us. He didn't seem to mind too much then so stuff him.

Carheenlea
27-02-2019, 11:58 PM
He should be more worried about his players slicing the ball out the park in comedic fashion like they did on numerous occasions in the second half.

davhibby
28-02-2019, 12:09 AM
It's soft but so was the second yellow for Slivka so it all evens itself out

poolman
28-02-2019, 12:09 AM
Must have been the same 40 ton truck that sent the guy over at Slivkas 2nd booking

Baader
28-02-2019, 12:16 AM
Good manager but an absolute clown of a man. If he's angry then good.

Jim44
28-02-2019, 12:25 AM
I’d say I would be embarrassed for their manager but maybe not because I’m not sure what kind of character he is.

Spike Mandela
28-02-2019, 12:54 AM
No such thing as a soft or indeed a hard penalty. It either is or isn’t a penalty. On this occasion I agree with the ref and think it was a penalty.

joebakerforever
28-02-2019, 12:54 AM
Looking forward to trial by sportscene shortly

Stewart confirmed although soft, was correct as Craig seemed to fall into Kamberi, thereby making contact.

lapsedhibee
28-02-2019, 04:07 AM
Stewart confirmed although soft, was correct as Craig seemed to fall into Kamberi, thereby making contact.
What law is it that makes it clear that touching another player is a foul? I can never find it when I look. :dunno:

Bostonhibby
28-02-2019, 05:00 AM
Could he fill the doctor football role when Levein sacks himself?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
28-02-2019, 06:46 AM
He's always been a greetin faced twat. His team are a horrible to watch as well, stuffy and then some.

Delighted he never got near the Hibs job.

Coco Bryce
28-02-2019, 06:52 AM
And some people were wanting him as our new Head coach.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-02-2019, 07:03 AM
Frustration from a manager who watched his side chuck three points.

bingo70
28-02-2019, 07:06 AM
And some people were wanting him as our new Head coach.

Tbf he’s done an excellent job at St Johnstone.

I think people were basing their opinion on the job he’s done rather than his post match interview a few minutes after he’s lost a tight game and his side lost a soft penalty.

His name also mainly came up when people were being pushed for suggestions of managers who would do better than Lennon and we didn’t know if the likes of Heckingbottom would be an option so had to pick names that were known.

Diclonius
28-02-2019, 07:18 AM
Dear Tommy Wright,

WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY YYY

TheMentalHibees
28-02-2019, 07:21 AM
Kamberi had their players thoroughly wound up. He won a free kick in the second half and Craig was going off his nut at the ref, then turned to do the same to Flo who was lying on the ground blowing him kisses. Brilliant stuff.

Also how Wright has seen the foul for the pen from 30 yards away through 6 or 7 bodies I have no idea. Sour grapes methinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
28-02-2019, 07:30 AM
Surely tho action needs to be taken against Wright for these comments...he's basically accusing Flo of cheating??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Since452
28-02-2019, 07:38 AM
Probably wasn't a penalty but Liam Craig put himself in that situation and gave the referee a decision to make. Tommy Wright is hurting because his team lost against 10 men that's all.

wookie70
28-02-2019, 07:42 AM
Kamberi had their players thoroughly wound up. He won a free kick in the second half and Craig was going off his nut at the ref, then turned to do the same to Flo who was lying on the ground blowing him kisses. Brilliant stuff.

Also how Wright has seen the foul for the pen from 30 yards away through 6 or 7 bodies I have no idea. Sour grapes methinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig was going nuts at a clear foul.

green day
28-02-2019, 07:59 AM
Craig was going nuts at a clear foul.

His head had gone after the penalty, as had a lot of his team mates.

St J lost that match due to poor discipline, thats Wrights fault and he is deflecting.

Dublin07
28-02-2019, 08:05 AM
I thought at the time it was a penalty and watching the highlights still think so. Liam Craig in making a stupid foul and then shouting at the ref shock!
Also their player must have been hit by a sniper for the red card. Slivka put a hand on his shoulder and he falls over. That's not even a foul.
Saints should sign a rugby number 10 as they think booting it over a defence into the corner is an effective tactic. Hoof, foul, moan repeat should be on their shirts.

Peevemor
28-02-2019, 08:42 AM
Flo was shoved in the back by Shaughnessy and bumped into by Craig at the same time - 2 "challenges" nowhere near the ball.

OK, Flo could probably have tried to push back and stay on his feet, by why should he?

I hope Wright apologises but won't hold my breath.

Carheenlea
28-02-2019, 08:54 AM
Flo was shoved in the back by Shaughnessy and bumped into by Craig at the same time - 2 "challenges" nowhere near the ball.

OK, Flo could probably have tried to push back and stay on his feet, by why should he?

Spot on. Still a softish award, but won’t be in the top 20 of soft awards this season.

Green_one
28-02-2019, 08:56 AM
Well, at least he is not bitter. Oh wait...

Team is nose diving in the league. More concerned about Motherwell than SJ

Sign of him being under pressure? Failing to get top 6 again. Oops

Since452
28-02-2019, 09:03 AM
Well, at least he is not bitter. Oh wait...

Team is nose diving in the league. More concerned about Motherwell than SJ

Sign of him being under pressure? Failing to get top 6 again. Oops

Survival is probably the target for St Johnstone every season. They're an extremely well run club on a tiny budget. Probably on a par with Hamiltons.

emerald green
28-02-2019, 09:17 AM
Nae luck, I have no sympathy as it's swings and roundabouts. I'm sure we'll be on the wrong end of a decision soon enough.

Probably on Saturday. Watch Collum.

Future17
28-02-2019, 09:23 AM

What's your point here? That the second yellow was for persistent fouling after two tackles?

hibbymac
28-02-2019, 09:26 AM

:agree: totally agree, Wright said in the interview that it looked like Kamberi had been hit by a 40 foot truck, .. wonder what size of truck he thought hit watt?? after Slivka tapped him on the shoulder.

Peevemor
28-02-2019, 09:27 AM
Slivka could already have been off, and whether the St Johnstone player went down too easily for the second yellow is irrelevant. Slivka give him a very deliberate (and bizarre) slap/shove on the back as he was running. I've no idea what he had in mind, but he should be ripped a new one for his stupidity.

Hibbyradge
28-02-2019, 09:28 AM
I hope no-one defending that penalty will be complaining when Hibs get a similar one against us.

Kamberi was waiting for contact, which in itself is not a foul, and went down with an impressive twirl. He wasn't fouled and he had no need to fall over.

It wasn't a soft penalty. It was simulation.

Every week on here we have people posting about how outrageous a penalty decision was for one team or another, calling the player who went down a cheat.

Are they only cheats if they play for our opponents?

Hibbyradge
28-02-2019, 09:29 AM
Slivka could already have been off, and whether the St Johnstone player went down too easily for the second yellow is irrelevant. Slivka give him a very deliberate (and bizarre) slap/shove on the back as he was running. I've no idea what he had in mind, but he should be ripped a new one for his stupidity.

He should be fined for the first booking. Blatant cheating which went wrong.

Why don't players get embarrassed when they get caught?

emerald green
28-02-2019, 09:30 AM
I hope no-one defending that penalty will be complaining when Hibs get a similar one against us.

Kamberi was waiting for contact, which in itself is not a foul, and went down with an impressive twirl. He wasn't fouled and he had no need to fall over.

Every week on here we have people posting about how outrageous a penalty decision was for one team or another, calling the player who went down a cheat.

Hibs head coach seemed to think it was a penalty.

Hibbyradge
28-02-2019, 09:31 AM

He's not Neil Lennon. He's not going to criticise Flo in public, thankfully.

WestCoastHibby
28-02-2019, 09:37 AM
Surely tho action needs to be taken against Wright for these comments...he's basically accusing Flo of cheating??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
What's the point? Total whataboutery and its my ball yer no playin attitude.
He's lost a game , he's in the huff, we won, we go home happy.
Move on to the next game.
People have to over analyse every minute detail. Get's right on ma moobs

emerald green
28-02-2019, 09:40 AM
He's not Neil Lennon. He's not going to criticise Flo in public, thankfully.

I don't recall ever hearing any manager/coach, at any club, calling one of his own players a cheat after that player had gained his team a penalty.

Some may sometimes go as far as saying "it was soft", but that's about it.

Hibbyradge
28-02-2019, 09:49 AM
I don't recall ever hearing any manager/coach, at any club, calling one of his own players a cheat after that player had gained his team a penalty.

Exactly.

It might be refreshing if one did, but it'll never happen.

emerald green
28-02-2019, 10:01 AM
Exactly.

I agree that's never going to happen.

By the way, I'm not suggesting Flo "dived" last night. It looked like one of those situations where it's sometimes given, and sometimes it's not. A judgement call by the referee basically.

BoomtownHibees
28-02-2019, 10:06 AM

Steady ffs

BoomtownHibees
28-02-2019, 10:06 AM

I thought it was a pen

BullsCloseHibs
28-02-2019, 10:08 AM
Curmudgeonly roaster.

Tommy Wright with the drinkers nose

Peevemor
28-02-2019, 10:09 AM
Steady ffs

Why?

He was on a booking and a last warning. Why did he raise his hand to hit/push the boy's back like that when he was running? That's sheer stupidity IMO (and for what it's worth I like Slivka as much as anyone else).

heretoday
28-02-2019, 10:12 AM
Poor old Tommy. We've all heard it before.

It's swings and roundabouts and you know the flipping score.

BoomtownHibees
28-02-2019, 10:15 AM
Why?

He was on a booking and a last warning. Why did he raise his hand to hit/push the boy's back like that when he was running? That's sheer stupidity IMO (and for what it's worth I like Slivka as much as anyone else).

If you think that’s a booking then it’s mental. He brushed his hand on Watt’s back, nothing more. He was lucky to get away with one before that but the one on Watt is never a booking in a million years

Peevemor
28-02-2019, 10:23 AM
If you think that’s a booking then it’s mental. He brushed his hand on Watt’s back, nothing more. He was lucky to get away with one before that but the one on Watt is never a booking in a million years

He raised his hand in a deliberate gesture and made contact with the guy's back (who then falls down like a sack of tatties). I can't remember where the referee was, but if he was say 15-20 yds away and running himself, it'd be difficult for him to know how much contact was made.

I don't see that the ref had a choice.

Winston Ingram
28-02-2019, 10:23 AM
His style of football is straight out of Terry Butcher's ICT handbook. Launch it into the corners at every opportunity and when you don't have the ball, boot the crap out of your opponent.

vuefrom1875
28-02-2019, 10:25 AM
His style of football is straight out of Terry Butcher's ICT handbook. Launch it into the corners at every opportunity and when you don't have the ball, boot the crap out of your opponent.

Sheep in disguise.

Pretty Boy
28-02-2019, 10:27 AM

Billy Brown did about Garry O'Connor.

The review people then looked at it and decided it was a penalty and he had no case to answer:faf:

Sylar
28-02-2019, 10:42 AM

:no way: not even close to how embarrassing Slivka's dive was.

BoomtownHibees
28-02-2019, 11:06 AM
:no way: not even close to how embarrassing Slivka's dive was.

Reverse whataboutery again

stuart-farquhar
28-02-2019, 11:13 AM
I thought it was a pen

Me too, and i was very close to it behind the goal.

Carheenlea
28-02-2019, 11:20 AM
I was about 15 yards from the incident, a lot closer than the TV cameras and could clearly see it was a penalty all day long. A soft penalty and a stonewall penalty are both still penalties.

Sylar
28-02-2019, 11:20 AM
Reverse whataboutery again

Hardly - it's no comment on the second yellow he received. Merely responding to a comment that I viewed as a little ridiculous given how laughable his dive was in the first place.

The foul he was booked for in the second instance wasn't a yellow. I agree with you.

aljo7-0
28-02-2019, 11:35 AM
What annoyed me about Slivka being sent off for the "foul" on Tony Watt was not so much Tony Watt going down and looking for the foul. it was him looking up from the ground seeing it was Slivka who caught him and then going ballistic at the ref whilst flashing an imaginary card. He clearly knew Slivka was on a booking

The 90+2
28-02-2019, 11:43 AM
Can he be cited all of a sudden meaning he will miss Sat? :confused:

JeMeSouviens
28-02-2019, 11:48 AM
He should be fined for the first booking. Blatant cheating which went wrong.

Why don't players get embarrassed when they get caught?

Because they don't get free kicks and penalties if they try and stay on their feet, it looks unnatural if they wait for contact, so they anticipate the challenge and are already on the way down. Slivka got caught out because the defender pulled back before contact.

The only way to fix this would be for refs to start giving fouls when players stay up. It won't happen because the UK is the only place that cares.

We lost this battle about 30 years ago.

bingo70
28-02-2019, 11:50 AM
What annoyed me about Slivka being sent off for the "foul" on Tony Watt was not so much Tony Watt going down and looking for the foul. it was him looking up from the ground seeing it was Slivka who caught him and then going ballistic at the ref whilst flashing an imaginary card. He clearly knew Slivka was on a booking

Why? If that was me and a player on a card and had just got away with one, fouled me again I’d be annoyed too.

I don’t understand the outrage at players holding imaginary cards up either, if a player is fouling you imo you’ve every right to want them to get booked, otherwise the person committing the fouls is getting an unfair advantage.

ZAGREB RED
28-02-2019, 11:50 AM
I think Kamberi almost invited the contact for the penalty and when it came he made the most of it.
St Johnstone's penalty claim was doubtful.
Slivka's second booking was stupid on his part, he gave Watt the opportunity to go down with that hand into the back, and, like Kamberi earlier, he took it. Yellow was possibly a bit harsh but Slivka was a bit brainless, to say the least. He put himself in the position and gave the ref a decision to make.

.Sean.
28-02-2019, 11:52 AM
He’s Lennon’s bum chum so he was always going to make a cute wee sarcy comment about Flo.

**** Tommy Wright and his team of cloggers

04Sauzee
28-02-2019, 12:01 PM
Obviously feeling a bit pressure due to current form

And with Livingston, St Mirren and Motherwell coming up next they need to arrest that form

Celtic (https://thefishy.co.uk/team.php?team=Celtic)
WWWWWW

Rangers (https://thefishy.co.uk/team.php?team=Rangers)
WWWdWW

Motherwell (https://thefishy.co.uk/team.php?team=Motherwell)
WWWWLd

Hibernian (https://thefishy.co.uk/team.php?team=Hibernian)
WLLWWW

Hearts (https://thefishy.co.uk/team.php?team=Hearts)
WWdLDL

Aberdeen (https://thefishy.co.uk/team.php?team=Aberdeen)
dWLDWL

Hamilton (https://thefishy.co.uk/team.php?team=Hamilton)
LDWLLW

Dundee (https://thefishy.co.uk/team.php?team=Dundee)
LDDWLL

Livingston (https://thefishy.co.uk/team.php?team=Livingston)
LLLdLW

Kilmarnock (https://thefishy.co.uk/team.php?team=Kilmarnock)
dLDLLd

St Mirren (https://thefishy.co.uk/team.php?team=St+Mirren)
LLLLDD

St Johnstone (https://thefishy.co.uk/team.php?team=St+Johnstone)

Lago
28-02-2019, 12:06 PM
Curmudgeonly roaster.
Not a happy bunny, but I do have a lot of time for him in general.

HoboHarry
28-02-2019, 12:06 PM
Why? If that was me and a player on a card and had just got away with one, fouled me again I’d be annoyed too.

I don’t understand the outrage at players holding imaginary cards up either, if a player is fouling you imo you’ve every right to want them to get booked, otherwise the person committing the fouls is getting an unfair advantage.
Disagree with the last part, I hate seeing any player doing that. The amount of hypocrisy in football is huge - we regularly hear about "x" showing a lack of respect to his fellow player. What is trying to get a player sent off and banned for the following game if it isn't a lack of respect?

bingo70
28-02-2019, 12:15 PM
Disagree with the last part, I hate seeing any player doing that. The amount of hypocrisy in football is huge - we regularly hear about "x" showing a lack of respect to his fellow player. What is trying to get a player sent off and banned for the following game if it isn't a lack of respect?

Most people do disagree with me about it.

To me though, someone tripping someone up or trying to hurt someone is a lot more disrespectful than a player asking for that player to be cautioned.

I personally think if you’re on the receiving end of a bad or cynical foul with a deliberate attempt to either hurt you or stop you illegally (in the eyes of the game), you’ve every right to ask for that player to be carded.

Ringothedog
28-02-2019, 12:28 PM

As do I, it was a stupid challenge in the box

matty_f
28-02-2019, 12:32 PM
I thought it was a penalty at the game and I've watched the replay and I still think it's a penalty. Did Kamberi play for it? Looked like it. Did Craig go into the back of him? Yep. Would have been a foul outside the box so it's a penalty if it happens in the box.

I'd be annoyed if it was given against us becuase I'm a supporter and even when there are clear as day penalties given against us, I get annoyed about it.

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2019, 12:37 PM
Exactly.

I might be wrong but I think Tommy Wright has done this in the past.

JoeT_WasTheBest
28-02-2019, 12:40 PM
I might be wrong but I think Tommy Wright has done this in the past.

:shocked:

matty_f
28-02-2019, 12:42 PM

:hilarious:

Future17
28-02-2019, 12:43 PM
Most people do disagree with me about it.

To me though, someone tripping someone up or trying to hurt someone is a lot more disrespectful than a player asking for that player to be cautioned.

I personally think if you’re on the receiving end of a bad or cynical foul with a deliberate attempt to either hurt you or stop you illegally (in the eyes of the game), you’ve every right to ask for that player to be carded.

You've every right to want them carded, but asking for it to happen is dissent.

bingo70
28-02-2019, 12:50 PM
You've every right to want them carded, but asking for it to happen is dissent.

I know. I don't think it should be though.

IMO It's a perfectly reasonable thing to do after being tripped up, kicked or whatever has been done by the opposing player to gain an unfair advantage over you.

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2019, 12:52 PM

I know mate - it’s unlikely.

goosefat
28-02-2019, 01:06 PM
Tommy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48

HoboHarry
28-02-2019, 01:11 PM
I know. I don't think it should be though.

IMO It's a perfectly reasonable thing to do after being tripped up, kicked or whatever has been done by the opposing player to gain an unfair advantage over you.
IMHO no player has the right to tell a referee what he should do. Regardless of what we think generally of the ability of referees, I'm not aware of any other sport where players think it is their given right to harangue referees over every decision made. It could be stopped in a week with the introduction of the rugby style 10 yard rule but the authorities don't don't have the balls to introduce that.

brog
28-02-2019, 01:26 PM
He raised his hand in a deliberate gesture and made contact with the guy's back (who then falls down like a sack of tatties). I can't remember where the referee was, but if he was say 15-20 yds away and running himself, it'd be difficult for him to know how much contact was made.

I don't see that the ref had a choice.

You see, I didn't see it like that at all. Watt ( cleverly) cuts across the oncoming Hibs player. As Watt does this he actually raises his arm to ward Slivka off. Slivka realises he may catch Watt with his leg/body so puts the brakes on & puts his arm out for balance. He brushes Watt, no more, Watt takes 2 steps, realises he's been touched & throws himself to the ground. He then gets the bonus of realising it's Slivka. The ref hesitates, then sees it's Slivka & thinks I've just let him off with one, so goes for his pocket. Opinions huh!
As for our pen, I don't think Kamberi's looking for it at all, otherwise he would have gone down at the 1st contact from Shaughnessy. When I was a ref I put great store on body language to help with difficult decisions. Liam Craig's body language says he knew it was a penalty.

eastcoasthibby
28-02-2019, 01:35 PM
Wright would have nothing to say about his ace diver Watt getting a penalty in the same situation, if Craig and Shaughnessy ( I think) want to stupidly put there hands and arms into the back off an attacker with the ball in that situation they are asking for trouble and the ref to make a decision ..stupid defending but enough contact in my view !

bingo70
28-02-2019, 01:35 PM
IMHO no player has the right to tell a referee what he should do. Regardless of what we think generally of the ability of referees, I'm not aware of any other sport where players think it is their given right to harangue referees over every decision made. It could be stopped in a week with the introduction of the rugby style 10 yard rule but the authorities don't don't have the balls to introduce that.

I don't think the 10 yard thing would make any difference as territory isn't that important in football, more important in rugby and 10 yards can make all the difference.

I was never quick enough as a footballer to run away from any one but i just think it must be frustrating as hell to be passed someone, you've got your mind on what your going to do next and then your taken down with a cynical foul. I don't blame players for asking the ref to book players, i would assume it would be a natural reaction to an extent. Same applies if it's a bad foul that could cause serious injury, i don't see why the victim isn't allowed to say to the ref that they think the other player should be booked?

I realise i'm in the minority, probably of one, as it seems to disgust everyone else, particularly the pundits on the tele, i personally just don't see the issue with it.

HoboHarry
28-02-2019, 01:42 PM
I don't think the 10 yard thing would make any difference as territory isn't that important in football, more important in rugby and 10 yards can make all the difference.

I was never quick enough as a footballer to run away from any one but i just think it must be frustrating as hell to be passed someone, you've got your mind on what your going to do next and then your taken down with a cynical foul. I don't blame players for asking the ref to book players, i would assume it would be a natural reaction to an extent. Same applies if it's a bad foul that could cause serious injury, i don't see why the victim isn't allowed to say to the ref that they think the other player should be booked?

I realise i'm in the minority, probably of one, as it seems to disgust everyone else, particularly the pundits on the tele, i personally just don't see the issue with it.
Territory is not important? A free kick 35 yards out being moved forward 10 yards puts it easily within scoring distance for players like Stevie Mallan. And if the starting point it 25 yards out it ends up in the penalty area with a show of dissent. Territory is everything. The rule will never happen as I said before but no question it would stop dissent and quickly.

bingo70
28-02-2019, 01:49 PM
Territory is not important? A free kick 35 yards out being moved forward 10 yards puts it easily within scoring distance for players like Stevie Mallan. And if the starting point it 25 yards out it ends up in the penalty area with a show of dissent. Territory is everything. The rule will never happen as I said before but no question it would stop dissent and quickly.

Nah, i don't think it is that important. There's obviously the occasions you've mentioned however i am not sure a free kick from outside the box going into the box is particularly helpful (assuming you're not talking about it becoming a penalty), it can help players being a bit further away so they've got room to get it up and down. I'm not saying it's never beneficial to be further forward but unless it's a free kick from 35 yards out going forward 10 yards i'm not sure there's a huge difference.

Rugby players have to scrap for every yard they want to go forward, footballers can just pass it forward 10 yards if they want to.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be punishment for dissent but i just don't think territory is that good a solution in football.

Iggy Pope
28-02-2019, 01:52 PM
Tommy Wright looks like he sounds.
Reminds me of Ian Paisley without the peace-keeping qualities.

Diclonius
28-02-2019, 02:30 PM
Ultimately Wright's management style reflects how his team plays - like McInnes, he sends his players out for deliberate gamesmanship and masks this by highlighting when teams do it back to him.

It's a legitimate strategy and whilst it can be irritating it makes it all the sweeter when we win.

Sean1875
28-02-2019, 02:39 PM
Hes just made to be the next Hearts boss once Levein gets punted - a greeting faced roaster who plays ***** football, perfect for them.

lapsedhibee
28-02-2019, 03:06 PM
Don't think he used the word cheat, but Alex 'Sir' Fergie called out Ashley Young after a brief spate of spring-loaded dives and said he would be having a word with him.

hibee316
28-02-2019, 03:18 PM

Pretty much sums it up for me :)

Hermit Crab
28-02-2019, 03:21 PM
Pretty sure this is the same Tommy Wright some on here wanted to take over from Lennon? Plenty moaning about him now though.

Ringothedog
28-02-2019, 03:31 PM
Pretty sure this is the same Tommy Wright some on here wanted to take over from Lennon? Plenty moaning about him now though.

You say “some” wanted him as Hibs manager, that would mean there where others who didn’t want him as manager, maybe that’s who are slagging off the bitter roaster that is Tommy Wright?

southsider
28-02-2019, 03:32 PM
Is it now (and I don’t want to tempt fate) to late for the compliance officer to do any thing about Marc’s challenge in the Dundee game ?

ben johnson
28-02-2019, 03:33 PM
This is rock on Tommy after the ludicrous penalty v Hearts.

"It's quite obvious we should have won, it's two points dropped. We totally dominated and they barely laid a glove on us from open play.

"Decisions go for you and against you. But Craig [Levein] has had a lot to say about referees recently, but this is a game where they'll be happy to get a point because they were second best all night."

Onion
28-02-2019, 04:23 PM
DEFLECT DEFLECT DEFLECT

His team played agains 10 men for 30 mins at 1-1 and contrived to LOSE the match. Think he has bigger problems to worry about than whether or not a pen should have been given earlier in the game.

But, if a 40 ton truck did hit Kameri, the very same truck smashed into Watt a few minutes later which lead to a Hibs player being red carded.

He's a bitter plum.

BSEJVT
28-02-2019, 04:44 PM

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion and its good that you defend it and acknowledge it is not a popular one.

If someone did that to me I would laugh in their face and think that's you beat pal.

If the best they can do is ask their mummy (the ref) for help then IMO they are *****ed.

Personally I would resolve to get them back with interest.

But I don't suppose I would last long in these genteel days, where a breath of wind is enough to have some charlatans hitting the deck and claiming blue murder.

As for simulation I would make it an automatic sending off offence which came with a 2 game ban

Iggy Pope
28-02-2019, 04:52 PM

Name these *******s.

JimBHibees
28-02-2019, 04:55 PM
Name these *******s.

Tend to agree I cant remember many or any. His team play dour stuff imo and while effective and have a number of good players wouldnt want that style of play at ER winning or not.

emerald green
28-02-2019, 05:04 PM
Billy Brown did about Garry O'Connor.

The review people then looked at it and decided it was a penalty and he had no case to answer:faf:

Billy Brown has been places and done things. Not like him to make an ar** of himself like that. :rolleyes:

Eyrie
28-02-2019, 07:43 PM
There was more contact for our penalty than there was for Slivka's second booking.

Maybe Wright needs to look at how easily his own players go down before criticising others.

Peevemor
28-02-2019, 09:39 PM
Excellent response from Heckingbottom here (interesting photo too)

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/paul-heckingbottom-tells-tommy-wright-15903260

wookie70
28-02-2019, 10:08 PM

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/paul-heckingbottom-tells-tommy-wright-15903260

That to me is the best response to give. Classy and makes the players and staff look at themselves rather than trying to blame refs. Our previous boss would look at every factor to point the finger at which is a surefire way of not improving. The Heck has been very impressive in his interviews and exactly the type of manager we needed.

Sir David Gray
28-02-2019, 10:37 PM
Just watched the highlights and if he wants to talk about players conning the referee then he should look no further than Tony Watt. That second booking for Slivka was a disgrace and Watt looked like he had been hit by a 40ft truck (Wright's words).

Yes the penalty was extremely soft but it's unfair to basically brand one player a cheat on the opposition and say nothing about your own player doing practically the same thing to get another player sent off.

BegbieHSC
01-03-2019, 12:04 AM

I’m a big fan of how Hecky is coming across. Seems like a really classy guy.

Found this article he wrote in 2008 really interesting, which might make you think of our October-January spell. I think we’re in for a much different managerial style with our new man, compared with our old.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/3765151.How_can_booing_a_player_help_your_team_/

Diclonius
01-03-2019, 05:12 AM

Very nearly coming to a war of words with Wright but just about managing not to. Going to take a while to get used to this guy. :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
01-03-2019, 06:30 AM
Just watched the highlights and if he wants to talk about players conning the referee then he should look no further than Tony Watt. That second booking for Slivka was a disgrace and Watt looked like he had been hit by a 40ft truck (Wright's words).

Yes the penalty was extremely soft but it's unfair to basically brand one player a cheat on the opposition and say nothing about your own player doing practically the same thing to get another player sent off.

Agree

Our penalty was soft

Slivkas second booking a disgrace but he should have been hooked for his own good and the good of the team

A blind man could see it coming :confused:

Libby Hibby
01-03-2019, 06:38 AM
Agree

Our penalty was soft

Slivkas second booking a disgrace but he should have been hooked for his own good and the good of the team

A blind man could see it coming :confused:

Who knows Billy, if he did take Slivka off prior to being sent off then we could’ve ended up getting beat.

I think we should be acknowledging the fact that after the sending off, the change to bring on Bartley and leave the 2 strikers on was brave and allowed us to go for the 3 points at a delicate stage of the game.

hibsbollah
01-03-2019, 06:39 AM
There was also three St Johnstone players surrounding the ref giving him the red card demands. I wishrefs would apply the rules and book them for that, it'd stop overnight.

Diclonius
01-03-2019, 06:40 AM
There was also three St Johnstone players surrounding the ref giving him the red card demands. I wishrefs would apply the rules and book them for that, it'd stop overnight.

Don't understand why FIFA haven't introduced the "only the captain can speak to the referee" rule yet. It would shut down the gamesmanship of teams like Barcelona overnight.

bingo70
01-03-2019, 06:48 AM
Don't understand why FIFA haven't introduced the "only the captain can speak to the referee" rule yet. It would shut down the gamesmanship of teams like Barcelona overnight.

Think you’ve answered your own question there.

theonlywayisup
01-03-2019, 06:53 AM

I'm usually very balanced with my views, but I don't see why everyone is saying the penalty is soft.

There's clearly a push by one player onto the left hand side of Kamberi's back along with Craig's leg 'tackling' Kamberi's right knee. At the speed that Kamberi was running to get away from the defenders both actions by the St. Johnstone players would be enough to cause Kamberi to lose balance and go down. It's not like he's anticipated the challenge and has started to go down before the contact is made. If that was first in his mind, he would have tried to go down the first time he tangled with the St. Johnstone player.

Jeez, we've seen enough penalties given when defenders slide into a challenge going to ground and the attacker see's the leg and manufactures the contact to gain the penalty. That clearly doesn't happen in the Kamberi penalty.

In my view, it's not soft. It's just daft that two St. Johnstone players illegally tried to challenge Kamberi in the box whilst he's going away from goal. As Hecky say's Wright should be focusing on the inadequacies of his own players rather than shift blame onto a player from another team.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2019, 07:00 AM
I'm usually very balanced with my views, but I don't see why everyone is saying the penalty is soft.

There's clearly a push by one player onto the left hand side of Kamberi's back along with Craig's leg 'tackling' Kamberi's right knee. At the speed that Kamberi was running to get away from the defenders both actions by the St. Johnstone players would be enough to cause Kamberi to lose balance and go down. It's not like he's anticipated the challenge and has started to go down before the contact is made. If that was first in his mind, he would have tried to go down the first time he tangled with the St. Johnstone player.

Jeez, we've seen enough penalties given when defenders slide into a challenge going to ground and the attacker see's the leg and manufactures the contact to gain the penalty. That clearly doesn't happen in the Kamberi penalty.

In my view, it's not soft. It's just daft that two St. Johnstone players illegally tried to challenge Kamberi in the box whilst he's going away from goal. As Hecky say's Wright should be focusing on the inadequacies of his own players rather than shift blame onto a player from another team.

Heckingbottom did make a valid point by suggesting Wright should be asking questions of his own defenders as to why they felt the need to go near Kamberi at all when he was posing no danger at all.

I just felt it was fairly soft.

theonlywayisup
01-03-2019, 07:14 AM
Heckingbottom did make a valid point by suggesting Wright should be asking questions of his own defenders as to why they felt the need to go near Kamberi at all when he was posing no danger at all.

I just felt it was fairly soft.

I see that you are "softening" your view. In the first post you said "extremely" soft, now you are saying it's "fairly" soft. Soon you'll be in agreement with me. :greengrin

I'm sure there's an "actress said to the bishop" quote that could be used, but I'll refrain from that.

BILLYHIBS
01-03-2019, 07:25 AM
Who knows Billy, if he did take Slivka off prior to being sent off then we could’ve ended up getting beat.

I think we should be acknowledging the fact that after the sending off, the change to bring on Bartley and leave the 2 strikers on was brave and allowed us to go for the 3 points at a delicate stage of the game.

Yip thought Bartley was a brave one after his horror show versus the sheep but he did OK after a couple of tackles the fans were singing the Marvin Bartley song

NL would defo have hooked a forward probably Flo :greengrin

Is Slivka OK for Saturday?

theonlywayisup
01-03-2019, 08:32 AM
Is Slivka OK for Saturday?

I think so - his suspension should be the next league game. So he'll miss the The Rangers game and not the Celtic game.

Saint Hibee
01-03-2019, 08:41 AM
I was right in front of the incident and it was a clear penalty. The fact that Liam Craig fell over in the process shows the momentum at which he banged into Kamberi. There was nothing "soft" about it. The only question is: what was Craig thinking?

Carheenlea
01-03-2019, 08:51 AM
I was right in front of the incident and it was a clear penalty. The fact that Liam Craig fell over in the process shows the momentum at which he banged into Kamberi. There was nothing "soft" about it. The only question is: what was Craig thinking?

Sometimes the camera does lie, and this is why I’m not for VAR. Like you We had a clear view of it and there was not any doubt about it from those viewing closest to it with their own eyes. Similarly, the only question was why Craig made such a rash challenge given where Flo was.

Crab apple
01-03-2019, 08:52 AM

Agreed. And I wasn’t impressed by Watt then running to the ref and asking him to get the card out. A cheat and a grass.

Hibbyradge
01-03-2019, 08:56 AM
Hardly - it's no comment on the second yellow he received. Merely responding to a comment that I viewed as a little ridiculous given how laughable his dive was in the first place.

The foul he was booked for in the second instance wasn't a yellow. I agree with you.

What are you seeing? It might have been a foul, but Liam Craig didn't fall over. :confused:

Heisenberg
01-03-2019, 08:59 AM
See Murray Davidson is at it in the papers today as well.

Hibbyradge
01-03-2019, 09:08 AM

Sounds pervy ...

I don't know why Syler's post got quoted :confused:

Saint Hibee
01-03-2019, 09:24 AM
What are you seeing? It might have been a foul, but Liam Craig didn't fall over. :confused:

He stumbles over after the foul.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-03-2019, 09:31 AM

Kinky

What’s he saying?

killie-hibby
01-03-2019, 09:38 AM

Davidson is entitled to give his version of an event,plenty of quotations from him. Unfortunately the Sun's reporter (Colin Duncan) includes his own opinion by stating, "The St.Johnstone star was gutted to throw away three points but it was the reaction of a cheating Kamberi that left him in a seethe."

Was Colin Duncan at the match? Did he ask Kamberi for his opinion.? Unbiased reporting indeed!

Hibbyradge
01-03-2019, 09:43 AM

He stumbles over after the foul.

I just watched it again.

He stays on his feet the entire time.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-03-2019, 09:45 AM
Did this clown not ask teammate Watt why he went down as if he had been shot to try to get a fellow professional sent off? Then get up in an instant?

St Johnstone are the new deluded poppy thieves replacement.

green day
01-03-2019, 09:46 AM
Kinky

What’s he saying?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/murray-davidson-hibs-florian-kamberi-blew-kisses-at-me-after-penalty-award-1-4881598

****in diddums is my reaction. What a bairn

SaulGoodman
01-03-2019, 09:53 AM

“I’ll show these Hibs ****s what they’re missing after getting rid of me, as I heroically win this ball back from their star striker”

“Oops I’ve made a James hunt of it again, I wonder what’s for tea?”

Peevemor
01-03-2019, 10:01 AM
Did Shaughnessy shove Flo in the back? - Yes.

Did Liam Craig play the ball? - No.

Was there contact between Liam Craig & Flo?

Hibs should contact St J to get them to tell their staff to calm their jets.

Crab apple
01-03-2019, 10:06 AM

Davidson is a yam scroat.

Diclonius
01-03-2019, 10:20 AM
Davidson complaining about big bad Flo Kamberi blowing kisses at him which proves he's a cheat.

They really aren't taking this very well.

lapsedhibee
01-03-2019, 11:14 AM
Did Shaughnessy shove Flo in the back? - Yes.

Did Liam Craig play the ball? - No.

Was there contact between Liam Craig & Flo?

Did Shaughnessy touch Flo's back? - Yes

Did Liam Craig touch the ball? - No

Did Liam Craig touch Flo? - Yes

Do the laws of the game have anything to say about the combination of three such facts?

01-03-2019, 11:24 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/murray-davidson-hibs-florian-kamberi-blew-kisses-at-me-after-penalty-award-1-4881598

****in diddums is my reaction. What a bairn

He is accusing Kamberi of cheating and then goes on to say:
"... if you are going to give penalties for that, each game will be seven each because there will be ten penalties per game.”

As far as I'm concerned that means players from all teams are the same, including St Johnstone. To be fair, he does go on to admit his teammates have dived and he just comes across as being a bit of a tit for getting upset at Kamberi blowing him kisses. Is it okay to go down as long as you don't blow kisses afterwards?

green day
01-03-2019, 11:36 AM
Is it okay to go down as long as you don't blow kisses afterwards?

I am fairly sure I have asked that question, although not in a footballing context :greengrin

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-03-2019, 11:59 AM
I am fairly sure I have asked that question, although not in a footballing context :greengrin

:greengrin

JimBHibees
01-03-2019, 12:22 PM

:faf::faf:

hulk
01-03-2019, 12:24 PM

😂😂

Wee Effen Bee
01-03-2019, 12:28 PM
Tommy Wright looks like he sounds.
Reminds me of Ian Paisley without the peace-keeping qualities.
😁

MWHIBBIES
01-03-2019, 01:41 PM
The lions don't concern themselves with the opinions of the sheep. Let them moan all they want, daft little club.

kaimendhibs
01-03-2019, 06:14 PM
It was a penalty, soft or not.
Flo didn't blow any kisses as far as I could see and I was in row E

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Peevemor
01-03-2019, 06:16 PM

Sent from my VTR-L09 using TapatalkOn the Hibs TV coverage you could see him diagonally from the back. It certainly looked like he was blowing kisses when he was still on his backside.

Sammy7nil
01-03-2019, 06:23 PM

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Well that's official then it did not happen :greengrin:greengrin::wink:

bingo70
01-03-2019, 06:40 PM
Why is blowing a kiss seen as some sort of admission of guilt?

Could he not have been fouled and then done it?

bodhibs
01-03-2019, 06:53 PM

Excellent, made me laugh after an awful day. Well played

Brizo
01-03-2019, 07:13 PM

:top marks

LOL as the young people say

01-03-2019, 07:21 PM

Ha ha, classic. :greengrin