PDA

View Full Version : Support tonight

Liam6270
27-02-2019, 09:21 PM
Another outstanding turnout from the fans tonight! The singing section has to return to the East stand next season, they never stopped all night

GGTTH

Nicho87
27-02-2019, 09:24 PM
Said it all season if the problem is hibs don’t want them close to the away stand , fire them in the end section of the east at the front or back. Famous five is clearly not working/worked.

Fife-Hibee
27-02-2019, 09:29 PM
Said it all season if the problem is hibs don’t want them close to the away stand , fire them in the end section of the east at the front or back. Famous five is clearly not working/worked.

It was a terrible idea to put them there. A huge chunk of the fans in the east stand can't even see them. We should be right in the faces of the away fans at every opportunity.

1two
27-02-2019, 09:30 PM
Singing section wanted to move the the FF and pushed Hibs for it I believe

Fife-Hibee
27-02-2019, 09:32 PM
Singing section wanted to move the the FF and pushed Hibs for it I believe

You sure? I can't see why they would want to be as far away from the away fans as possible, makes no real sense. Perhaps the idea was to spread the singing around all of the home fans. But when the closest half of the east stand can't even see them, then it defeats the purpose and the west.... well they're just boring bassas regardless. :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
27-02-2019, 09:39 PM
Campaign to get them back. We are being drowned out in our main stand.

#bringthemhome #s43

HibeeHibernian4
27-02-2019, 09:40 PM
I would the Famous Five Lower to be converted into safe standing and really hope that can happen some day. Was at the back of their block tonight and they kept things going even at one nil down. Unrelated, police and stewards earning their play by being dicks again tonight. No bigger crimes in Perthshire tonight than a group of boys standing and supporting their team without any of the sectarianism or terrorist songs you hear when the Old Firm come to town?

greenlex
27-02-2019, 10:02 PM
Another outstanding turnout from the fans tonight! The singing section has to return to the East stand next season, they never stopped all night

GGTTH
Was the gadgey there signing one Neil Lennon and arguing with everyone about freedom of speech?:tee hee::tee hee:

yonder1875
27-02-2019, 10:04 PM
Back of S43 where they used to be, the front of the East wasn’t great either.

The 90+2
27-02-2019, 10:05 PM
Did he look a bit like Long Haired Spanish boy who maybe played for Dundee?

27-02-2019, 10:12 PM
https://streamable.com/q11gh

Albanian Hibs
27-02-2019, 10:14 PM
Fans were trememdous tonight 👍

CraigHibee
27-02-2019, 10:26 PM

thats class :flag:

Borderhibbie76
27-02-2019, 10:38 PM
Fans were trememdous tonight [emoji106]Just back atmosphere was class tonight even when we were 1 down. Get the singing section back to the East pronto pls

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

vahibbie
27-02-2019, 10:41 PM
Campaign to get them back. We are being drowned out in our main stand.

#bringthemhome #s43

Do they want to move back. If they do then we should all support that to make it happen.

matty_f
27-02-2019, 10:48 PM
Support was really good tonight, especially in the last few minutes when the team needed some help from the stands.

jimhfc1
27-02-2019, 11:21 PM
Does anyone know what the new song is?
it was sung a quite a few times but i couldnt make out the lyrics

HibeeHibernian4
28-02-2019, 12:53 AM
Does anyone know what the new song is?
it was sung a quite a few times but i couldnt make out the lyrics

The Waterfall one?

Hecky’s at the wheel
Tell me how good does it feel
We’ve got Horgan and Mallan and Gray
Flo Kamberi and Mark McNul-tay
Der der der der der der etc etc

Shrekko
28-02-2019, 02:09 AM
Absolutely amazing support tonight.

Team were really poor for 60 minutes but those singing section boys kept the mood positive and the rest of the support got involved when the team needed the extra backing. I was in the side section and the scenes when we scored and at the end looked absolutely brilliant. Great when a huge majority stayed for the players at the end and to be fair they deserved it for sheer effort.

Makes you realise that fans definitely can make a difference at times.

Monktonhall 7
28-02-2019, 08:56 AM
Brilliant turnout tonight The Young Team were fantastic. Never stopped supporting the team all night. The version of the Waterfall song was inspiring, and the way the players reacted at the end showed ho much the support meant to them. Massive 👏👏👏 to the drummer.

wearethehibs
28-02-2019, 09:22 AM
What a weird thread. Praising the support last night then going straight on to the "they should be in the East" patter.

They have the same problem in the FF as they did in the East. Hardly anyone around them sings. In the current section, it's literally the first 3 or 4 rows singing. If the couple of hundred people that bought tickets in the "singing section" actually sung, then we would never be having this debate.

The whole support was good last night, after we equalised, but before then it was just about 20 folk singing.

Leitherhibs
28-02-2019, 09:46 AM
What a weird thread. Praising the support last night then going straight on to the "they should be in the East" patter.

They have the same problem in the FF as they did in the East. Hardly anyone around them sings. In the current section, it's literally the first 3 or 4 rows singing. If the couple of hundred people that bought tickets in the "singing section" actually sung, then we would never be having this debate.

The whole support was good last night, after we equalised, but before then it was just about 20 folk singing.

I sit right behind the singing section in FF and other than me, my mates and a handful of other regulars, it's always tourists or folk who come once and never come back who are sat there, find it bizarre that more folk don't want to sit in the part of the ground with the most noise/atmosphere.

B.H.F.C
28-02-2019, 09:49 AM
Don’t think a Hibs goal away to St Johnstone has ever been celebrated quite like the winner last night. Quality.

HibeeHibernian4
28-02-2019, 09:52 AM

Agreed, I understand why people don’t want to necessarily be part of the bouncing and clapping, and even sitting down to an extent, but to not sing? Each to their own, but I’d be bored stiff if I didn’t sing at a Hibs game.

TheMentalHibees
28-02-2019, 10:07 AM
Did anybody else notice the bald boy in the stand to the left of us shouting over and acting the hard man? Hope he enjoyed that late goal fae mcnulty, roaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
28-02-2019, 10:11 AM

Great video and easier to pick up for those who don’t know it yet.

Good to get another new song.

Fans were amazing last night - well done everyone.

The club should be exploring options to have the section in a bette relocation at home - I like the displays but famous five lower is way forward. But doubt this change will happen any time soon if ST info is due to be released soon.

Saint Hibee
28-02-2019, 10:12 AM
The Waterfall one?

Hecky’s at the wheel
Tell me how good does it feel
We’ve got Horgan and Mallan and Gray
Flo Kamberi and Mark McNul-tay
Der der der der der der etc etc

On the way back from Perth last night my teenage kids were telling me that it's a tune by a "great new band" called the stone roses. Sigh.

HibeeHibernian4
28-02-2019, 10:14 AM
On the way back from Perth last night my teenage kids were telling me that it's a tune by a "great new band" called the stone roses. Sigh.

Haha! Hear they’re destined for big things.

Phil MaGlass
28-02-2019, 10:14 AM
Might be impossible to move them back, it would require ST holders in the area to give up their seats.

GreenCastle
28-02-2019, 10:23 AM
Might be impossible to move them back, it would require ST holders in the area to give up their seats.

I think though Hibs could solve 3 issues..

1 - family section needs more seats for family = west lower
2 - family section often has empty seats during Cat B and sold out Cat A games.
3 - fans want ER to have atmosphere and the famous five lower would be best place for it plus you could have some safe standing in middle sections without spending excessive amounts.

Of course it would be a challenge to relocate some people who have sat there forever but they can have option to stay in that section or move to side view of the pitch.

Diclonius
28-02-2019, 10:35 AM
We need to fix the singing section issue - they should be in the FF lower in safe standing, but we need to offer the family STs an incentive to move - West Lower is arguably a better area, and I suspect we'll be selling less STs next year - maybe some compromise can be reached?

Brightside
28-02-2019, 10:40 AM
I think though Hibs could solve 3 issues..

1 - family section needs more seats for family = west lower
2 - family section often has empty seats during Cat B and sold out Cat A games.
3 - fans want ER to have atmosphere and the famous five lower would be best place for it plus you could have some safe standing in middle sections without spending excessive amounts.

Of course it would be a challenge to relocate some people who have sat there forever but they can have option to stay in that section or move to side view of the pitch.

Family section should always be in the FF. No reason at all to give up the best seats in the house for cheaper tickets. turning West Lower to a family area is just daft.

SChibs
28-02-2019, 11:34 AM
Family section should always be in the FF. No reason at all to give up the best seats in the house for cheaper tickets. turning West Lower to a family area is just daft.

It doesn't have to be the entire west lower? Maybe the 2 sections on either end for example.

linlithgowhibbie
28-02-2019, 11:56 AM
I sit right behind the singing section in FF and other than me, my mates and a handful of other regulars, it's always tourists or folk who come once and never come back who are sat there, find it bizarre that more folk don't want to sit in the part of the ground with the most noise/atmosphere.

You can't be sitting behind the singing section! That whole section IS the singing section. That is part of the problem, not having a go at you but anyone who has a season ticket in there is part of the singing section by choice so should be giving it laldy!:thumbsup:

theonlywayisup
28-02-2019, 12:09 PM
It doesn't have to be the entire west lower? Maybe the 2 sections on either end for example.

Don't be daft - I've had the experience of explaining to my six year old daughter why the away support were making some rude gesture with their hands and groin whilst demonstrating it to all in a public space last time.

No, the further the family section is from the away support is the better.

Re moving the family section away from the FFL, how many times is this going to be discussed on this forum. It's not going to happen.

SChibs
28-02-2019, 12:27 PM
Don't be daft - I've had the experience of explaining to my six year old daughter why the away support were making some rude gesture with their hands and groin whilst demonstrating it to all in a public space last time.

No, the further the family section is from the away support is the better.

Re moving the family section away from the FFL, how many times is this going to be discussed on this forum. It's not going to happen.

Im not being daft, just making suggestions to improve the match day experience at easter road. You could have a family section in each stand, last 2 sections in the north ends of the east and west. Then a section in the FF upper.

If the problem you stated above was really that bad would it not have been highlighted over the years after the many hibs kids games we've had families sit in the south?

CMurdoch
28-02-2019, 12:57 PM
The singing section is not my thing but they made a massive positive difference last night.
The place was dead, felt like a lower league match with one man and his dug.
The singing section brought it to life.
Well done to the singers and the drummer who worked hard all night to create an atmosphere.

Keith_M
28-02-2019, 01:13 PM

So where do you suggest the people with Season Tickets in sections 1, 2, 8 and 9 move to?

Keep in mind that's somewhere between 800 to 1,000 people.

GreenCastle
28-02-2019, 02:30 PM

I'm not sure why it should always be in the FF ?

I would argue there are better seats in East than West - having sat in both and East has better leg room.

A few blocks on the ends of the West Lower or even lower East towards FF.

The issues of the Family section have been well highlighted on here in last few years and Hibs need to try and do something to stop the empty seats - but I guess they are happy if they are sold and that's a priority over atmosphere.

But I think the club could find a solution - move people back to West Upper who lost their seats originally for the move and introduce a new family pricing in all areas of the ground of block of a some sections in lower west.

We want to pack the stadium and I am certain a singing section lower Famous Five would take off even more.

HibeeHibernian4
28-02-2019, 02:33 PM
We want to pack the stadium and I am certain a singing section lower Famous Five would take off even more.

:agree:

Also think of it in terms optics, if we're trying to sell a vision of our club to people who haven't yet come. What's better, having a packed out section behind the goal waving flags, bouncing and singing or a half empty family stand?

Brightside
28-02-2019, 02:58 PM
I'm not sure why it should always be in the FF ?

I would argue there are better seats in East than West - having sat in both and East has better leg room.

A few blocks on the ends of the West Lower or even lower East towards FF.

The issues of the Family section have been well highlighted on here in last few years and Hibs need to try and do something to stop the empty seats - but I guess they are happy if they are sold and that's a priority over atmosphere.

But I think the club could find a solution - move people back to West Upper who lost their seats originally for the move and introduce a new family pricing in all areas of the ground of block of a some sections in lower west.

Put simply the family section will be in the area that has the cheapest tickets. Thats always going to be a stand behind the goals.

Iggy Pope
28-02-2019, 06:33 PM
Why do we require a family section? Does anyone on here over the age of 30 remember getting a section to themselves so they could have a pizza with mum and dad whilst your wee sister went radge? My old man took me to games and I sat beside him or stood beside him and it thrilled me to bits. Reinstate some older values and there is far less guff.

Johnny Clash
28-02-2019, 06:37 PM
Best solution : Fill in a corner to create a safe bouncing section. Atmosphere will be electric!

bigstu
28-02-2019, 09:24 PM
The fans were class at Dundee on Friday night also. Singing for the full 90 minutes

tonyrougier123
28-02-2019, 09:46 PM
Best solution : Fill in a corner to create a safe bouncing section. Atmosphere will be electric!

Agree, just one corner would be amazing for this,even fans whippin up some cash amongst ourselves dare I say??very good idea mate 👍

BSEJVT
28-02-2019, 09:52 PM
Why do we require a family section? Does anyone on here over the age of 30 remember getting a section to themselves so they could have a pizza with mum and dad whilst your wee sister went radge? My old man took me to games and I sat beside him or stood beside him and it thrilled me to bits. Reinstate some older values and there is far less guff.

100%

Loved going to the game with my dad and his mates and their boys and being in the old North Stand