PDA

View Full Version : Omeonga

Since452
27-02-2019, 09:02 PM
This lad looks class. What a ball for winner. Can't be far away from starting now.

Gloucester Hibs
27-02-2019, 09:04 PM
Outstanding 2nd half when he came on. Seemed to be everywhere, sublime pass for the winner.

Nevi_SOL
27-02-2019, 09:05 PM
Great energy and that ball though 🔥

Pretty Boy
27-02-2019, 09:05 PM
Every time I get a glimpse of him I want to see more of him.

The problem is it’s hard to change a winning team. It’s a good problem to have.

Hibeesmad
27-02-2019, 09:06 PM
Fantastic signing

Hermit Crab
27-02-2019, 09:06 PM
He was the difference tonight. What a player. Strong candidate for MOTM despite only playing about 30 minutes.

FilipinoHibs
27-02-2019, 09:07 PM
Finding the pace of the game in Scotland and now match fit. Pass worthy of Allan and Gauld. Yes and others say all over the pitch. Nicking the ball off players and never wastes a pass.

Diclonius
Changed the game. Has to start on Saturday.

Hibs90
Obscene:wink:

California-Hibs
27-02-2019, 09:08 PM
I've been saying it the last few weeks. We've a player on our hands here!

nonshinyfinish
27-02-2019, 09:13 PM
Doo doo doo

AZhibee
27-02-2019, 09:14 PM
Fine performance

27-02-2019, 09:14 PM
I like how he acknowledges the song too. Class

One Day Soon
27-02-2019, 09:15 PM
He's superb. Do we have any option or prospect at all of signing him?

sean04
27-02-2019, 09:15 PM
World class pass for the winner! Perfect weight on it

Forza Fred
27-02-2019, 09:18 PM
think he has played his way into Saturday's starting eleven...might be the guy who provides a desperately needed X factor

DetroitHibs
27-02-2019, 09:22 PM
When two class players are on the same page, you get a goal like that. Absolutely fantastic vision.

27-02-2019, 09:26 PM
Every time I get a glimpse of him I want to see more of him.

The problem is it’s hard to change a winning team. It’s a good problem to have.

Arguably the team that played up until he came on was a losing team as we were 1-0 down at the time.

Hermit Crab
27-02-2019, 09:33 PM
https://twitter.com/homeofhibs/status/1100879228223086594?s=12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
27-02-2019, 09:38 PM
I like him and have been frustrated that he’s not been playing but if it’s to do with fitness then here’s hoping he is good for the rest of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevvy1875
27-02-2019, 09:50 PM
Some pass for the goal.:agree:

Actually reminded me of Scott Allan. Reverse through ball dead weight for the striker to run onto and take it first time. Modus Operandi of the guy we are looking forward to coming back to ER in the summer. I'm glad we have Stephane and is defo chapping on the door for a start at RM ahead of Mallan. Question is how much do we need or not need Mallans ability from the edge of the box and set pieces? Conundrum for Heckingbottom methinks.

Sir David Gray
27-02-2019, 09:53 PM
Brilliant tonight and to be fair he's looked good almost every time I've seen him.

calumhibee1
27-02-2019, 09:59 PM
Wonderful pass for the goal, played very well :agree:

HibeeHibernian4
27-02-2019, 10:00 PM
Sound like a bairn about a new dug, but can we keep him, can we keep him? Pleeeeeeaaaase?

wee hay
27-02-2019, 10:12 PM
Not posted for ages, he was absolute superb. He broke up everything. covered so much ground considering we were down to 10 men and the pass for McNulty was unbelievable good watch for Sportscene.

McNulty also ran himself into the ground cracking performance.

Kojock
27-02-2019, 10:16 PM
The new Russell Latapy

The 90+2
27-02-2019, 10:17 PM
I've been saying it the last few weeks. We've a player on our hands here!

Yep. Please get him signed up next season the boy is a class act.

calumhibee1
27-02-2019, 10:20 PM
The new Russell Latapy

No this again 👀

Forza Fred
27-02-2019, 10:23 PM

Actually reminded me of Scott Allan. Reverse through ball dead weight for the striker to run onto and take it first time. Modus Operandi of the guy we are looking forward to coming back to ER in the summer. I'm glad we have Stephane and is defo chapping on the door for a start at RM ahead of Mallan. Question is how much do we need or not need Mallans ability from the edge of the box and set pieces? Conundrum for Heckingbottom methinks.

I wouldn't replace Heckingbottom with Conundrum.

I think he's doing ok😂

jakeds
27-02-2019, 10:23 PM
The new Russell Latapy
You wit?!
Players with completely different styles of play!

Hermit Crab
27-02-2019, 10:25 PM
The new Russell Latapy

:greengrin

The_Horde
27-02-2019, 10:27 PM
The new Russell Latapy

Deary me.

matty_f
27-02-2019, 10:30 PM
He was brilliant tonight when he came on and swung the game in our favour imho.

The Spaceman
27-02-2019, 10:34 PM
Wee man was absolutely brilliant tonight! Not only is he super tidy on the ball, but he works his socks off when we are chasing the game. Going a man down, we didn't notice the difference because Omeonga did the work of 2 men!

My_Wife_Camille
27-02-2019, 10:36 PM
The boy is a player. I get that people want to reserve judgement but imo his quality has been evident every time he’s played for us. Really hope we get to see much more of him

FRes Hibbie
27-02-2019, 10:42 PM

I hadnt been that impressed with what little I'd seen so far but tonight he made a huge difference. Great attitude and workrate when he came on and that ball was very reminiscent of something Allan would play. Superb.

Peevemor
27-02-2019, 10:43 PM
In the wee Q&A video posted yesterday by the club, Mallan rates him as the most skillful player at the club.

DaveF
27-02-2019, 10:46 PM
In the wee Q&A video posted yesterday by the club, Mallan rates him as the most skillful player at the club.

Didn't he say Ageypong?

SChibs
27-02-2019, 10:46 PM

I may be mistaken but did he not say Agyepong was the most skilful?

HoboHarry
27-02-2019, 10:47 PM
Omeonga the most skillful? You wurnae paying attention were ye? :greengrin He said Thomas Agyepong was......

Peevemor
27-02-2019, 10:47 PM
I may be mistaken but did he not say Agyepong was the most skilful?Oops. I stand corrected.

500miles
27-02-2019, 10:51 PM
You wit?!
Players with completely different styles of play!
Usually I don't like that kind of comparison, but the way he shifts the ball put me in mind of Latapy. That assist too.

Works harder, and I doubt he's got Latapys pure skill, but more valid than some comparisons.

vahibbie
27-02-2019, 10:58 PM
How casual did he look when he made that pass. Very impressive :thumbsup:

27-02-2019, 11:01 PM
How casual did he look when he made that pass. Very impressive :thumbsup:

Just watched it a couple more times and it is top quality. He spots McNulty starting his run and gets the pass away quickly which ensures McNulty's onside.

NAE NOOKIE
27-02-2019, 11:16 PM
Great performance by the wee man, buzzed about and won the ball a number of times and in possession he was very good. But what a sublime pass for the goal and great movement by McNulty. The nonchalance of his body language after the pass did remind me a lot of Latapy …. sort of 'of course it was a good ball, that's what I do' :greengrin

Not often I would give a guy an 8 out of 10 for 30 minutes, but he changed the game IMO.

mca
27-02-2019, 11:16 PM
The boy is a player. I get that people want to reserve judgement but imo his quality has been evident every time he’s played for us. Really hope we get to see much more of him

Pre Lenny leaving - A celtic friend of the family text me a while back and said Celtic are gonna steal him and sell him for 15m...

i lucking faffed

now i'm not so sure... How much is he actually Worth ??

monktonharp
27-02-2019, 11:29 PM
When two class players are on the same page, you get a goal like that. Absolutely fantastic vision.it was fantastic to watch that pass. missed the game, and watched on Alba, expecting to see it run out for a draw then up pops that fantastic pass. just brilliant, and reminded me of Latapy. a must start for the cup game.

Hermit Crab
27-02-2019, 11:40 PM
Pre Lenny leaving - A celtic friend of the family text me a while back and said Celtic are gonna steal him and sell him for 15m...

i lucking faffed

now i'm not so sure... How much is he actually Worth ??

Nowhere near £15m quid thats for sure.

SRHibs
28-02-2019, 12:13 AM
Similarly to Slivka, he just "looks like a football player". Definitely has a bit of class about him, and will be superb once he's 100% acclimated to the style of football in the SPL.

we are hibs
28-02-2019, 05:02 AM
Not true. I read he was "bang average" on here.

worcesterhibby
28-02-2019, 05:49 AM
Got pace as well, very impressive performance.

1van Sprou7e
28-02-2019, 05:51 AM

I thought he said Bartley

Onion
28-02-2019, 05:53 AM
Saw the 2nd half and he was on fire. Vision and weight of pass for the winner was class.

Hibee Mac
28-02-2019, 06:39 AM
He looks to offer so much more in open play than the majority of our midfield at the moment. We need a midfield with players who do not waste the ball 9 times out of 10 (Mallan) or lose it when under pressure (Slivka). Omeonga should be ahead of these two already,looks a player.

marinello59
28-02-2019, 06:48 AM
He looks to offer so much more in open play than the majority of our midfield at the moment. We need a midfield with players who do not waste the ball 9 times out of 10 (Mallan) or lose it when under pressure (Slivka). Omeonga should be ahead of these two already,looks a player.

Mallan loses the ball nine times out of ten? No, he doesn’t. Slivka has been one of our best players in recent matches. Let’s just be glad we have another decent option as well now.

Coco Bryce
28-02-2019, 06:50 AM
Mallan loses the ball nine times out of ten? No, he doesn’t. Slivka has been one of our best players in recent matches. Let’s just be glad we have another decent option as well now.

We need to come to terms with the fact that Mallan just isn't a very good footballer.

The Heck will notice this and deal with it.

bigwheel
28-02-2019, 06:58 AM
We need to come to terms with the fact that Mallan just isn't a very good footballer.

The Heck will notice this and deal with it.

Yeah. Is it 10+ goals and 9 assists this season ?? He is murder ...bring back those midfielders who never scored and rarely created

He clearly has areas to work on, , but to suggest he is not a good footballer is as mad as it gets on here ..

My_Wife_Camille
28-02-2019, 07:06 AM
Yeah. Is it 10+ goals and 9 assists this season ?? He is murder ...bring back those midfielders who never scored and rarely created

He clearly has areas to work on, , but to suggest he is not a good footballer is as mad as it gets on here ..
I’d have Dylan McGeouch and his 1 goal a season over Stevie Mallan and his 10+ every single day of the week.

Coco Bryce
28-02-2019, 07:10 AM
I’d have Dylan McGeouch and his 1 goal a season over Stevie Mallan and his 10+ every single day of the week.

Me too :greengrin

Hibee Mac
28-02-2019, 07:11 AM
Do the Mallan lovers just turn a blind eye to all his misplaced passed then? Re-watch that first half and tell me he doesn't needlessly give the ball away far too often.

bigwheel
28-02-2019, 07:15 AM
Do the Mallan lovers just turn a blind eye to all his misplaced passed then? Re-watch that first half and tell me he doesn't needlessly give the ball away far too often.

You use the term lovers as if there is a blind attitude on Mallan - I’ve not seen that from anyone on here . Some people just enjoy the positives in his game , recognise he has weaknesses and don’t categorise him as “not a good player”

bigwheel
28-02-2019, 07:15 AM

I’d rather have both ..completely different players

familyman
28-02-2019, 07:18 AM
Yes Omeonga has a good eye to thread the ball through ..like Scott Allan..play him for 90 mins

Hibee Mac
28-02-2019, 07:21 AM
You use the term lovers as if there is a blind attitude on Mallan - I’ve not seen that from anyone on here . Some people just enjoy the positives in his game , recognise he has weaknesses and don’t categorise him as “not a good player”

That's exactly why I used that term, and it's because anytime anyone criticises any part of Mallan's game they come out and imply that it's rediculous to question anything about Mallan's game "because 10 goals etc etc".

Just because I criticised one part of Mallan's game (which is hands down his biggest area for improvement) doesn't mean I don't appreciate his goal threat. It's more a question of is it worth keeping his goal threat in the team and putting up with the downside of an unbalanced midfield.

thegaffer12
28-02-2019, 07:24 AM
I may be mistaken but did he not say Agyepong was the most skilful?

You're both mistaken. He clearly said Malonga.

bigwheel
28-02-2019, 07:25 AM
That's exactly why I used that term, and it's because anytime anyone criticises any part of Mallan's game they come out and imply that it's rediculous to question anything about Mallan's game "because 10 goals etc etc".

Just because I criticised one part of Mallan's game (which is hands down his biggest area for improvement) doesn't mean I don't appreciate his goal threat. It's more a question of is it worth keeping his goal threat in the team and putting up with the downside of an unbalanced midfield.

Fair enough - yet some people are saying he is a “not a good footballer”..clearly untrue

I’d rather have a 15 goals a season midfield than not..and if we have to take some lack of defensive tracking etc then imho it’s a price worth paying ..most teams dream
Of getting that type of goal contribution from
Midfield ..so I feel he has a lot to offer the team.

SonOfDavidFrancey
28-02-2019, 07:37 AM
The ball for the winner was a Scott Allan ball

BoomtownHibees
28-02-2019, 07:40 AM

Na im sure it was Omeonga

calumhibee1
28-02-2019, 07:42 AM

:agree:

Annoys me that other players don’t do it because it looks so ****ing easy :greengrin

Man Down Under
28-02-2019, 07:43 AM
I heard the Doo Doo Doo song after the goal, did it finish with "We've got Omeonga"?
Obviously the man at BBC heard it wrong!

Sent from my SM-J330G using Tapatalk

1van Sprou7e
28-02-2019, 07:44 AM
I heard the Doo Doo Doo song after the goal, did it finish with "We've got Omeonga"?
Obviously the man at BBC heard it wrong!

Sent from my SM-J330G using Tapatalk

It's just Stephane Omeonga

skyhibs
28-02-2019, 08:59 AM
When two class players are on the same page, you get a goal like that. Absolutely fantastic vision.

I think it was a great pass too..... but it does take another great player to also make the run.....

So well done to both

emerald green
28-02-2019, 09:23 AM
I think it was a great pass too..... but it does take another great player to also make the run.....

So well done to both

:agree: Perfectly weighted and angled pass, AND excellent running off the ball and finish. Superb goal.

Vault Boy
28-02-2019, 09:43 AM
Has earned a starting place with that cameo alone. Heckingbottom seems to be a big fan of him going by his HTV interview.

Hibbyradge
28-02-2019, 09:44 AM

I deleted a more pointed post refering to your use of the ridiculous term "Mallan lover", because I saw this, more measured comment.

Derek Riordan lent very little to our midfield. He couldn't tackle and he was highly reluctant to track back. You wouldn't have dropped him for a more evenly balanced player so why do you criticise folk who appreciate Mallan's goals?

Goals are the hardest thing to achieve. If he can give us double figures every season, I'll put up with the weaker aspects of his game.

It's the team that gives us balance, not one midfielder.

Hibbyradge
28-02-2019, 09:47 AM
Apart from that pass, I didn't think Omeonga particularly stood out.

I'd start the same 11 again. Consistency is a weapon in our favour, imo.

TAHibby
28-02-2019, 09:53 AM
Growing to love this guy

Peevemor
28-02-2019, 09:55 AM
Growing to love this guy

That's brilliant!

we are hibs
28-02-2019, 09:57 AM
Couldn't believe the height of him first time I seen him. When was the last time we had a player as short as that? Zemmama?

Stevie Reid
28-02-2019, 10:52 AM

His work rate was phenomenal, which was hugely important when down to ten men. Many occasions where he pressed and closed down, not allowing Saints to build attacks. I know that he would/should be doing that anyway - but I did think he was outstanding last night.

And, of course, the pass was sublime.

Slivka will miss the Rangers game anyway, so happy for Omeonga to start on Saturday.

Hibbyradge
28-02-2019, 10:57 AM
His work rate was phenomenal, which was hugely important when down to ten men. Many occasions where he pressed and closed down, not allowing Saints to build attacks. I know that he would/should be doing that anyway - but I did think he was outstanding last night.

And, of course, the pass was sublime.

Slivka will miss the Rangers game anyway, so happy for Omeonga to start on Saturday.

I've just watched the second half again.

I'm no more impressed with either him or the team's performance than I was last night.

Great strike for the penalty (which wasn't), superb pass for the second goal, although it looks like McNulty was offside.

I don't know why, but I'm in a right negative mood today for some reason. :hilarious

Stevie Reid
28-02-2019, 11:02 AM

I'm no more impressed with either him or the team's performance than I was last night.

Great strike for the penalty (which wasn't), superb pass for the second goal, although it looks like McNulty was offside.

I don't know why, but I'm in a right negative mood today for some reason. :hilarious

Ha, fair enough! For someone who has only made fleeting appearances for us so far, I can understand the excitement over his contribution last night.

B.H.F.C
28-02-2019, 11:09 AM

Thought McNulty was offside when I first saw it. Paused it when Omeonga was making the pass and McNulty was definitely onside. Great run, brilliant pass. That goal was the only proper bit of quality from either side in the whole game IMO.

Cheer up, we just won away from home with 10 men!!

One Day Soon
28-02-2019, 11:17 AM
The new McGinn.

Diclonius
28-02-2019, 11:19 AM
Couldn't believe the height of him first time I seen him. When was the last time we had a player as short as that? Zemmama?

https://i2-prod.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/article15664836.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/0_18315682.jpg

Since452
28-02-2019, 11:20 AM
Hoping we'll sign Stephane and Marc permanently already. Big ask of the board but fingers crossed.

Greenbeard
28-02-2019, 12:37 PM
Everyone did, esp Kamberi whose touch was v poor at times. I thought Mallan was 50/50 last night. Def should have stayed on. Slivka should have been hooked after the one he got away with on the touchline and the talking to by the ref. He was clearly on a very very shaky peg.
Back to the doo doo doo man. If he starts, who drops out?

allezsauzee
28-02-2019, 12:38 PM

You're joking right? The lad was sensational last night. We didn't look like a team down to 10 men and I'd attribute a lot of credit for that to the amount of work he put in. Covers the ground like SJM and we've missed that this season.

Hibbyradge
28-02-2019, 12:56 PM
Thought McNulty was offside when I first saw it. Paused it when Omeonga was making the pass and McNulty was definitely onside. Great run, brilliant pass. That goal was the only proper bit of quality from either side in the whole game IMO.

Cheer up, we just won away from home with 10 men!!

Cool. I didn't do that so thanks for the clarification.

Hibbyradge
28-02-2019, 01:02 PM
You're joking right? The lad was sensational last night. We didn't look like a team down to 10 men and I'd attribute a lot of credit for that to the amount of work he put in. Covers the ground like SJM and we've missed that this season.

Why would I joke?

Watch it again as I did this morning. He was fine, and the pass was excellent, but that's a lie bar you're setting if you're describing his 30 minute contribution as sensational.

David Gray was the pick of the bunch for me.

Dashing Bob S
28-02-2019, 01:06 PM

If we’re turning a positive SO thread into a negative SM one can I pitch in with a neutral observation and say PH is doing okay so far?

we are hibs
28-02-2019, 01:09 PM
https://i2-prod.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/article15664836.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/0_18315682.jpg

I refuse to believe Ryan Gauld actually exists

CMurdoch
28-02-2019, 01:19 PM
In a sea of ***** our 2nd goal was a sensation.
McNulty making the run, Omeonga seeing him, playing the pass quickly to keep him onside, the perfect placement and weight of the pass and the calm dinked finish by McNulty.
An absolute eruption of energy and happiness behind the goals.
Diamond.

Since452
28-02-2019, 01:21 PM
In a sea of ***** our 2nd goal was a sensation.
McNulty making the run, Omeonga seeing him, playing the pass quickly to keep him onside, the perfect placement and weight of the pass and the calm dinked finish by McNulty.
An absolute eruption of energy and happiness behind the goals.
Diamond.

If one passage of play summed up Hibernian Football Club. Glorious.

heretoday
28-02-2019, 10:09 PM
I've just seen a press conference featuring the lad on YouTube. It's worth a look.

What a charmer!

tonyrougier123
28-02-2019, 10:25 PM
I've just seen a press conference featuring the lad on YouTube. It's worth a look.

What a charmer!

He really comes across well,got alot of time for this laddie.definite talent,would love a full season on loan nxt year at the cabbage.or signed....🙏

Smartie
28-02-2019, 10:27 PM
If one passage of play summed up Hibernian Football Club. Glorious.

I wish I had been able to go, because it is moments like that that make it all worthwhile.

All of it.

Sir David Gray
28-02-2019, 10:33 PM
Just seen that pass for the first time since watching it live at the game. What a magnificent pass that was along with a great run and finish by McNulty.

Brilliant!

DetroitHibs
28-02-2019, 10:44 PM
9/10 passes like that fail and come off looking terrible. Now before the bile comes in :wink: That's because having two players of the quality of Omeonga and McNulty is very rare. There's no way Maclaren makes that kind of intelligent run. The goal was a masterclass. Pass sublime and finish just as good. Imagine plugging Scott Allan in to that midfield :agree:

Smartie
28-02-2019, 10:53 PM
9/10 passes like that fail and come off looking terrible. Now before the bile comes in :wink: That's because having two players of the quality of Omeonga and McNulty is very rare. There's no way Maclaren makes that kind of intelligent run. The goal was a masterclass. Pass sublime and finish just as good. Imagine plugging Scott Allan in to that midfield :agree:

That's a wee bit harsh on McLaren.

He was making that kind of run last season and Scott Allan was finding him.

The loss of these 2 players (Mac to injury, Allan back to Celtic) are a bigger reason for our struggles earlier this season than many make out. Yes, the loss of McGinn and McGeouch was probably the biggest factor but our lack of depth to deal with injury and loss of form up front and an inability to join up the midfield with the forward(s) and create played a huge part too.

ian cruise
28-02-2019, 11:00 PM
That's a wee bit harsh on McLaren.

He was making that kind of run last season and Scott Allan was finding him.

The loss of these 2 players (Mac to injury, Allan back to Celtic) are a bigger reason for our struggles earlier this season than many make out. Yes, the loss of McGinn and McGeouch was probably the biggest factor but our lack of depth to deal with injury and loss of form up front and an inability to join up the midfield with the forward(s) and create played a huge part too.

I don't think you're far wrong, we had McGinn and McGeouch at the start of last season and we weren't playing brilliantly, Allan, Flo and Kamberi all seemed to just click and all played their part. We've missed them upfront this season.

heretoday
28-02-2019, 11:02 PM
Just seen that pass for the first time since watching it live at the game. What a magnificent pass that was along with a great run and finish by McNulty.

Brilliant!
A pass worthy of someone called Silva.

Sir David Gray
28-02-2019, 11:12 PM
A pass worthy of someone called Silva.

If David Silva, Paul Pogba or Lionel Messi makes that pass it would be spoken about for days and would be on national sports headlines.

Brunswickbill
28-02-2019, 11:52 PM
I watched the highlights tonight and I think McNulty points where he wants the ball. Omeonga is looking at him and slips the pass in as McNulty takes off. Brilliant team play and understanding.

Inconsequential
28-02-2019, 11:55 PM
Omeonga fully deserves a start against Celtic not because of how he performed on Wed but that amazing hairstyle should be witnessed by as many people as possible. :agree:

heretoday
01-03-2019, 09:09 PM
I watched the highlights tonight and I think McNulty points where he wants the ball. Omeonga is looking at him and slips the pass in as McNulty takes off. Brilliant team play and understanding.

That's well spotted. It would be good if the players did more of that. I suppose they only have a split second to do it.

Captain Trips
01-03-2019, 09:53 PM
We will struggle to find a better pass and run this season.