PDA

View Full Version : Team v Lennon

Diclonius
27-02-2019, 08:53 PM
Would swap out Mallan for Omeonga. Assume Slivka is fine for Saturday.

Marciano

Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

Milligan

Slivka Omeonga

Horgan

Kamberi McNulty

Captain Trips
27-02-2019, 08:55 PM
A wrecking from Hecking

Brightside
27-02-2019, 09:02 PM
I’d drop Hanlon tbh. Never thought I’d say that. But we will get burnt for pace v Celtic. They are rapid upfront. Full backs need to defend.

Northernhibee
27-02-2019, 09:04 PM
If we can, same again.

hibee_girl
27-02-2019, 09:04 PM
Slivka should be fine for Saturday, it wasn’t a straight red however he’ll miss the Rangers game the following week

Hibeesmad
27-02-2019, 09:05 PM
Slivka suspension only count for league games?

Nevi_SOL
27-02-2019, 09:06 PM
Slivka suspension only count for league games?

Aye

Bishop Hibee
27-02-2019, 09:06 PM
I’d drop Hanlon tbh. Never thought I’d say that. But we will get burnt for pace v Celtic. They are rapid upfront. Full backs need to defend.

I wasn’t there tonight but he hasn’t been at his best. Who comes in though?

Brightside
27-02-2019, 09:10 PM
I wasn’t there tonight but he hasn’t been at his best. Who comes in though?

Well Johnson wasn’t even on the bench. Both the CHs are being exposed with the current formation. I don’t think Hanlon is playing anywhere near as bad as some are saying but he’s deffo not 100% sharp at the mo.

Hibeesmad
27-02-2019, 09:19 PM
I don’t think PH will change the team after 3 wins on the bounce, but it’s great to have players knocking the door and ready to go if we do decide to change things.

wookie70
27-02-2019, 09:25 PM
Same again for me. Amazing how easy Heck has found it to start winning games and keep a settled team.

CapitalGreen
27-02-2019, 09:27 PM
Omeonga surely has to start after tonight’s performance

sean04
27-02-2019, 09:28 PM
Lennons interview on the radio tonight said that hibs ovb made the right decision changing manager. Thought it was a mutual agreement? More like he got sacked

Mainstandman
27-02-2019, 09:46 PM
Lennons interview on the radio tonight said that hibs ovb made the right decision changing manager. Thought it was a mutual agreement? More like he got sacked

I heard that I thought he said hibs made the right decision in who they got for the new manager, not about getting rid of him

27-02-2019, 09:47 PM
Omeonga gives me the horn. Therefore he must start

ian cruise
27-02-2019, 09:50 PM

Hibs manager = talks about Celtic all tilhe time

Celtic manager = can't stop talking about Hibs. Make up your mind man

I kid obviously, sounds like he's not bitter, I hope that's that's the case. Definitely sounds like the papers, etc really blew the whole thing out of proportion.

DetroitHibs
27-02-2019, 09:50 PM
I'd drop Mallan and Slivka for Omeonga and Bartley.

Borderhibbie76
27-02-2019, 11:21 PM
I'd drop Mallan and Slivka for Omeonga and Bartley.Can't play Bartley and Milligan together from start...it worked tonight as we were down to 10 and offered great protection to back 4...but we can't start a home cup tie with both those 2 in from start imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
28-02-2019, 12:04 AM
Lennon has insider knowledge of every strength and weakness in our team and that's a bonus for Celtic no doubt about it. Mind, I don't know if he will be able to set up for a Hibs team with two up top coz he didn't see a lot of that this season :greengrin

I don't think we have a lot of options to chop and change tonight's team anyway, so it will probably be the same line up, unless Heck was impressed enough by Omeonga to start him instead of Mallan.

monktonharp
28-02-2019, 12:10 AM
I'd drop Mallan and Slivka for Omeonga and Bartley.I like

JimboHibs
28-02-2019, 12:17 AM
Same again for me. Amazing how easy Heck has found it to start winning games and keep a settled team.

Mark McNulty.

DetroitHibs
28-02-2019, 12:37 AM
Can't play Bartley and Milligan together from start...it worked tonight as we were down to 10 and offered great protection to back 4...but we can't start a home cup tie with both those 2 in from start imo

Definitely a debatable one. I just think after watching the first half tonight, we struggled. Having Bartley and Milligan holding, gives Horgan and Omeonga more freedom going forward. Celtic being depleted in the middle might struggle with the pace and movement of those two.

HibeeHibernian4
28-02-2019, 12:39 AM
Lennon has insider knowledge of every strength and weakness in our team and that's a bonus for Celtic no doubt about it.

If he has insider knowledge of our strengths he sure didn’t show it this season.

number9dream
28-02-2019, 02:32 AM
Tough call to change a winning side. Omeonga is surely in the manager's thoughts and Big Marv will be too.
Mallan offering Gray cover on the right up against Tierney and Sinclair is a worry since he was a bit of a passenger last night. But Mallan was excellent the last time Celtic were at Easter Road and he offers such a threat with his fantastic shooting.
Horgan may need to play deeper and stay wider on the left to help counter Forrest.
There must be an improvement in retaining possession or else we'll be under heavy pressure, although Celtic are certainly depleted in the middle of the park if McGregor is missing again.
We can definitely get at Brown and Bitton and they are always a bit shaky in central defence if we can get enough service to our front two.

yerauldda
28-02-2019, 07:40 AM
Got to stick with the two up top to get us up the park against Celtic.

Marciano
Milligan
Omeonga Horgan
Mallan
McNulty Kamberi

Hibernian Verse
28-02-2019, 07:41 AM
Why would we drop Slikva? He was immense against Celtic earlier in the season and has been a top performer since Hecky came in.

B.H.F.C
28-02-2019, 07:52 AM
Omeonga for Mallan is the only change I can see us making.

yerauldda
28-02-2019, 08:17 AM
Why would we drop Slikva? He was immense against Celtic earlier in the season and has been a top performer since Hecky came in.

Tough call to make but don't think he was great last night.

Can't drop Milligan IMO, Omeonga has played his way into contention and I think Mallan's dead ball ability will be pretty key v Celtic.

Hibernian Verse
28-02-2019, 08:26 AM
Tough call to make but don't think he was great last night.

Can't drop Milligan IMO, Omeonga has played his way into contention and I think Mallan's dead ball ability will be pretty key v Celtic.I'd drop Mallan for Omeonga. Slivka is much more effective against a team that will have much more ball than us.

Northernhibee
28-02-2019, 08:32 AM
Lennon has insider knowledge of every strength and weakness in our team and that's a bonus for Celtic no doubt about it. Mind, I don't know if he will be able to set up for a Hibs team with two up top coz he didn't see a lot of that this season :greengrin

I don't think we have a lot of options to chop and change tonight's team anyway, so it will probably be the same line up, unless Heck was impressed enough by Omeonga to start him instead of Mallan.

It’s a bonus for us. Almost time he sets up a team with another team in mind (e.g. Aberdeen SC Semi, Hearts second day of last season, Killie away earlier this season - there are plenty more examples) he gets it wrong. Buzzing for the weekend. Wind him up by ignoring him and getting right behind Hecky and the Hibees and press them hard high up the pitch.

bingo70
28-02-2019, 09:00 AM
I think earlier in the season Mallan was undroppable as he was the only one that regularly offered a goal threat.

Now we have goals coming from elsewhere I think there’s a tougher decision to make. I still like him and I’m not discounting the threat he offers but IMO Omeongas performances recently really gives the manager something to think about.

danhibees1875
28-02-2019, 09:02 AM
Slivka should be fine for Saturday, it wasn’t a straight red however he’ll miss the Rangers game the following week

Does the 14 day rule still exist, or is that only for cumulative yellows?

For Saturday I'd either go with the same team again, or if anything make the following changes:

Marciano
SDG McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
Horgan Slivka Bartley Omeonga
McNulty Kamberi

Milligan seems to be a bit of a liability at set pieces recently - but I'm not overly sure he deserves dropped as I think he offers more on the ball than Marv. I like what I've seen from Omeonga recently, but I quite like Mallan regardless of recent bad press and he gives us a different threat from range/set peices too... so again, I'm not sure on that swap either.

Onion
28-02-2019, 09:26 AM
Got to stick with the two up top to get us up the park against Celtic.

Marciano
Milligan
Omeonga Horgan
Mallan
McNulty Kamberi

Most likely.

Hope Lennon gets a great reception from Hibs fans. He did us proud for 2.5 years.

Steve20
28-02-2019, 10:23 AM
Most likely.

Hope Lennon gets a great reception from Hibs fans. He did us proud for 2.5 years.

I hope he doesn't. He shouldn't get a bad reception either. Just another away manager coming to Easter Road with his team.

No Celtic manager should be applauded by Hibs fans anyway.

Northernhibee
28-02-2019, 10:26 AM
I hope he doesn't. He shouldn't get a bad reception either. Just another away manager coming to Easter Road with his team.

No Celtic manager should be applauded by Hibs fans anyway.

Yep. He’s not a part of Hibs anymore - whether you think that’s a good thing or bad thing - and every shred of our energy should go behind our team.

hibee_girl
28-02-2019, 01:01 PM
Does the 14 day rule still exist, or is that only for cumulative yellows?

For Saturday I'd either go with the same team again, or if anything make the following changes:

Marciano
SDG McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
Horgan Slivka Bartley Omeonga
McNulty Kamberi

Milligan seems to be a bit of a liability at set pieces recently - but I'm not overly sure he deserves dropped as I think he offers more on the ball than Marv. I like what I've seen from Omeonga recently, but I quite like Mallan regardless of recent bad press and he gives us a different threat from range/set peices too... so again, I'm not sure on that swap either.

The 14 day rule is only for yellow cards

Since90+2
28-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Whatever the team we will have to play very deep as their pace will rip us to pieces. That will mean we will have to sit deep which makes playing the high tempo pressing game virtually impossible.

Tactically it's a challenge and it will be interesting to see how Heckingbottom approaches.

eastcoasthibby
01-03-2019, 08:50 AM
This is a bit of a test for Heckingbottom to see if he makes a change to a the starting line up thats won 3 games ...but its not the starting line up that won the game on Wednnesday ..it was the introduction of Omeonga that allowed us to press the game higher up the park, compete more, move the ball quicker and add pace to the team, and thats what we will need on Saturday to not only contest the game but as importantly pose a greater threat in getting forward quicker.
So hopefully its Omeonga in for Mallan ...for me makes sense all.day long.

Since452
01-03-2019, 08:59 AM
Mallan was outstanding last time out against Celtic at Easter Road but im struggling to see past Omeonga starting

Sioux
01-03-2019, 10:08 AM
I'd drop Mallan for Omeonga. Slivka is much more effective against a team that will have much more ball than us.

What?

Slivka is totally ineffective when the opposition have the ball.

Hibernian Verse
01-03-2019, 10:12 AM
What?

Slivka is totally ineffective when the opposition have the ball.What?

He's a much better option than Mallan defensively.

MWHIBBIES
01-03-2019, 10:13 AM
What?

Slivka is totally ineffective when the opposition have the ball.

No chance

Northern Hibby
01-03-2019, 01:23 PM
Would love to stop the treble treble and sing to the tune of Bowie's Rebel Rebel

Treble treble you didn't do it
Treble treble the Hibees stoped you
Treble treble you know it's true
Heckingbottom we love you so

😁