PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SIX SUPPORTERS TO STAND FOR ELECTION

RSS Bot
27-02-2019, 10:30 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9756)

Hibs90
27-02-2019, 10:39 AM
#VoteMacar :slipper:

Diclonius
27-02-2019, 10:42 AM
Any of the six regular posters on .net?

Hermit Crab
27-02-2019, 10:43 AM
I know two of those candidates very well know of one other, the rest I can honestly say I've never heard of or seen before at home or away games. I think to be a fans rep you need to attend most, if not all games.

***disclaimer****
I'm not saying they don't go to most or all games.

Hermit Crab
27-02-2019, 10:45 AM
Any of the six regular posters on .net?

Macar got banned from here did he not?

cabbageandribs1875
27-02-2019, 10:46 AM
Macar

now that would be interesting

Hermit Crab

No thanks

AugustaHibs
I know two of those candidates very well know of one other, the rest I can honestly say I've never heard of or seen before at home or away games. I think to be a fans rep you need to attend most, if not all games.

***disclaimer****

So in shorter terms, you have no idea.

Hermit Crab
27-02-2019, 10:48 AM
So in shorter terms, you have no idea.

You get to know the same old faces at away games if you attend often enough. Same 200-300 of us every away game.

JimboHibs
27-02-2019, 10:49 AM

***disclaimer****

Thats for your input very constructive.

***disclaimer***
Can you please make yourself seen or heard to Hermit Crab at all games.

Hibs90
27-02-2019, 10:53 AM
No thanks

More diehard than you and me put together :agree:

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2019, 10:56 AM
Hardly missed a game for 5 years and don't recognize any of them other than Frank of course. Maybe I'm too busy watching Hibs play to be profiling other fans for Hibs.net dick measuring purposes.

Bostonhibby
27-02-2019, 11:05 AM
I'll be voting Kieran Power.

Kieran's a bright passionate Hibby from a right good Hibs family who won't hide and isn't doing it for the glory.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

GreenArmyyy!
27-02-2019, 11:05 AM
The fact there are no hustings this year is a bit of a joke. All becoming a bit of a farce.

CropleyWasGod
27-02-2019, 11:16 AM
The fact there are no hustings this year is a bit of a joke. All becoming a bit of a farce.

There will be opportunities to meet the candidates, though.

Wakeyhibee
27-02-2019, 11:34 AM

I'd forgot about that :)

southfieldhibby
27-02-2019, 11:42 AM
I'll be voting for Kieran Power. Home and Away Hibby, genuinely nice and engaging guy who I think wouldn't shy away from asking the harder questions.

The 90+2
27-02-2019, 11:45 AM
I'll be voting for Kieran Power. Home and Away Hibby, genuinely nice and engaging guy who I think wouldn't shy away from asking the harder questions.

Me too. Known him from years back working beside him. :aok:

silverhibee
27-02-2019, 11:46 AM
There will be opportunities to meet the candidates, though.

At the next few home games, will it be a meeting in the FF stand/car park or try to look out for them if you recognise them in one of the stands.

Predictions, Frank to be voted in again, that's a shoe in, and one of the other 4, Carl not to be voted in but the club find another position for him to help at the club in a other capacity.

The 90+2
27-02-2019, 11:49 AM
At the next few home games, will it be a meeting in the FF stand/car park or try to look out for them if you recognise them in one of the stands.

Predictions, Frank to be voted in again, that's a shoe in, and one of the other 4, Carl not to be voted in but the club find another position for him to help at the club in a other capacity.

Is Carl the blind chap on the radio all the time? Can't fault his enthusiasm.

silverhibee
27-02-2019, 11:55 AM
Is Carl the blind chap on the radio all the time? Can't fault his enthusiasm.

He is, yeah.

Mon Dieu4
27-02-2019, 11:59 AM
Kieran is a great guy and a good pal of mine, also know Malky well, both really good guys with no agenda other than will be trying to do the right thing

MyJo
27-02-2019, 12:00 PM

Is it not only one position that's up for grabs this time around?

Forza Fred
27-02-2019, 12:03 PM
Is it not only one position that's up for grabs this time around?

That is indeed my understanding.

worcesterhibby
27-02-2019, 12:05 PM
For me the ideal candidate doesn't HAVE to go to every game, home and away. But they should certainly be a season ticket holder and attend plenty of away matches too. This is about finding the best candidate for the job, not the biggest UBERFAN. I would take it as a pre-requisite that all the candidates are Hibs fans through thick and thin and have been for most of their lives. However the key thing is, they need to have three very strong attributes:

1) Common Sense
2) Work ethic
3) Good communication skills

I don't know any of the candidates personally, but from their statements I liked Keiran Power's vision the best.

The 90+2
27-02-2019, 12:05 PM
He is, yeah.

Peevemor
27-02-2019, 12:12 PM
Is that Colin Pryde the piper?

green with envy
27-02-2019, 12:17 PM
You get to know the same old faces at away games if you attend often enough. Same 200-300 of us every away game.

So you wouldn't vote for me if my name was on the list due to not knowing me and yet I've been following Hibs H&A for 45 years. I have attended over 90% of those games in that time, inc European games, friendlies abroad also friendlies all over the UK & Ireland. To put that into perspective, I've missed one domestic game this season plus Runavik & Molde away, not much less last season and none at all the season before last.

By your logic HC, we should know each other and yet I have no idea who you are but I do know Kieran Power for which has already been said is also a H&A regular and if I decide to vote, is where my vote will be going.

MartinfaePorty
27-02-2019, 12:22 PM
I'm sure it's not meant this way, but I found Kieran's 2nd paragraph a bit of a slight on the other candidates motives for standing (has he met them all and read their statements before writing his?). I'm swaying towards Colin, due to his pragmatism, as I think we now know the role has many restrictions (unless it's going to change). PS I don't know any of the candidates, personally, and have only met Frank and Macar in passing.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

RoslinInstHibby
27-02-2019, 12:28 PM
i know Colin very well (father in law), great guy.

Peevemor
27-02-2019, 12:29 PM
i know Colin very well (father in law), great guy.

Does he play/teach bagpipes?

RoslinInstHibby
27-02-2019, 12:42 PM
Does he play/teach bagpipes?

Nah, you must be thinking of someone else?

Peevemor
27-02-2019, 12:44 PM
Nah, you must be thinking of someone else?

OK cheers. :aok:

Brightside
27-02-2019, 01:00 PM
Is there an option to just knock it on the head?

Bostonhibby
27-02-2019, 01:01 PM
I'm sure it's not meant this way, but I found Kieran's 2nd paragraph a bit of a slight on the other candidates motives for standing (has he met them all and read their statements before writing his?). I'm swaying towards Colin, due to his pragmatism, as I think we now know the role has many restrictions (unless it's going to change). PS I don't know any of the candidates, personally, and have only met Frank and Macar in passing.

Sent from my SM-A520F using TapatalkI wouldn't interpret it that way, it's not the guy's style at all.

Staying away from spinning interpretations on what any of the candidates say as I take their statements at face value and being well motivated, they're all Hibs folk who will appeal to a broad range of voters who will probably have their own experiences of their preferred candidate.

GGTTH.

MartinfaePorty
27-02-2019, 01:21 PM
I wouldn't interpret it that way, it's not the guy's style at all.

Staying away from spinning interpretations on what any of the candidates say as I take their statements at face value and being well motivated, they're all Hibs folk who will appeal to a broad range of voters who will probably have their own experiences of their preferred candidate.

GGTTH.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using TapatalkFair enough, but if you say I'm standing because of x, whilst others are or may be standing because of y, you should prepare to be questioned as to what that means. However, as I said, I'm sure it's not how it was meant.

Bostonhibby
27-02-2019, 01:23 PM
Fair enough, but if you say I'm standing because of x, whilst others are or may be standing because of y, you should prepare to be questioned as to what that means. However, as I said, I'm sure it's not how it was meant.

Sent from my SM-A520F using TapatalkFrom one "Porty" boy to another, no problem [emoji106]

Skol
27-02-2019, 01:43 PM
I was surprised Charlene isn’t standing again. Not surprised that frank is although I don’t think he fully gets what the role is about. However he seems to have enough supporters and will get voted I. I am inclined not to vote as I don’t feel any of the three so far have met what they promised and I suspect their wings are clipped a little. Can’t read the statements at work for some reading so will tonight.

FranckSuzy
27-02-2019, 01:43 PM
Firstly, well done to all of the candidates who are standing :aok: Is it just me though who found the formatting of the statements a bit dodgy? Some read as if there were spelling mistakes and others had the last line or so partially obscured :confused:

I would hate anyone to be unfairly judged on it, if it isn't of their doing, but there again, it could just be my eyes/laptop :greengrin

brianmc
27-02-2019, 01:50 PM

That would get my vote 👍

bigwheel
27-02-2019, 01:53 PM

why would that be a better solution?

bigwheel
27-02-2019, 01:55 PM
Firstly, well done to all of the candidates who are standing :aok: Is it just me though who found the formatting of the statements a bit dodgy? Some read as if there were spelling mistakes and others had the last line or so partially obscured :confused:

I would hate anyone to be unfairly judged on it, if it isn't of their doing, but there again, it could just be my eyes/laptop :greengrin

Good point!....Great to see some prepared to put themselves forward and be the link between the fans and the club :hibees

hibsbollah
27-02-2019, 02:01 PM
Absolutely ridiculous suggestion that the best rep should automatically come from a group of people who attends the most games. It's totally irrelevant. You could have a representative that only attends a handful of games, has a lot of other stuff going on in their lives but will represent the fans more effectively than a die hard who might be totally self interested and have a narrow-minded attitude :dunno:

bigwheel
27-02-2019, 02:04 PM
Absolutely ridiculous suggestion that the best rep should automatically come from a group of people who attends the most games. It's totally irrelevant. You could have a representative that only attends a handful of games, has a lot of other stuff going on in their lives but will represent the fans more effectively than a die hard who might be totally self interested and have a narrow-minded attitude :dunno:

Perhaps..I get your point - there are other key attributes than match attendance - but I think experiencing the life of a match going Hibs fan on a regular basis would be important to help you represent the voice of the fans to the club. Doesn't have to be every single game, but I would suggest "most" games would be important - for credibility and connection with the fans.

hibsbollah
27-02-2019, 02:09 PM
Perhaps..I get your point - there are other key attributes than match attendance - but I think experiencing the life of a match going Hibs fan on a regular basis would be important to help you represent the voice of the fans to the club. Doesn't have to be every single game, but I would suggest "most" games would be important - for credibility and connection with the fans.

Credibility will come from performance, not attendance, I'm guessing, although I take your general point.

It's a helluva commitment. I'd imagine you get a lot more criticism than praise, just judging by some of the comments I've seen on here directed at previous reps. I echo the praise given to these six for getting for being brave enough to nominate themselves and I hope they get treated with respect when they take up their role.

bigwheel
27-02-2019, 02:11 PM
It's a helluva commitment. I'd imagine you get a lot more criticism than praise, just judging by some of the comments I've seen on here directed at previous reps. I echo the praise given to these six for getting for being brave enough to nominate themselves and I hope they get treated with respect when they take up their role.

:top marks completely agree - big respect to those who step up.

Peevemor
27-02-2019, 02:13 PM
Credibility will come from performance, not attendance, I'm guessing, although I take your general point.

:top marks completely agree - big respect to those who step up.

Ditto. :top marks

matty_f
27-02-2019, 03:05 PM
Ditto. :top marks

Same here. I don't think home and away/every game is required - it's how effective the person can be in the role that's important.

I'm not sure who I'll vote for this time, I can rule a few of them out straight away so will pick from the rest.

hibbyfraelibby
27-02-2019, 03:24 PM

No thanks

Scouse Hibee
27-02-2019, 03:30 PM
Has there been a proven benefit to having the reps for the past two years? I can’t say I have really noticed to be honest.

The Modfather
27-02-2019, 03:36 PM

All well and good, but what If Hermit Crab doesn’t recognise their face?

Danderhall Hibs
27-02-2019, 03:37 PM
Hopefully Tracey will be able to help Frank get settled into the role before she steps down next year to allow a fresh face.

Unless she decides to stand again obviously and then Frank can help her get settled in before standing down before standing again.

green day
27-02-2019, 03:38 PM
Does anyone really care any more?

Maybe those up for election, but no fan I know even knows what their responsibilities are??

The 90+2
27-02-2019, 03:46 PM
Does anyone really care any more?

Maybe those up for election, but no fan I know even knows what their responsibilities are??

You can’t base the future of this role on who’s in it now. Fresh guys will bring fresh ideas and a fresher way of doing the role.

No idea why Frank always gets chosen, he’s got the Hibs club fair enough and the cliques get to know what they are doing but even a monthly update or communication to everyone what they brought to meetings engaging with the support instead of the vote for me then sealed lips strategies.

HibeeHibernian4
27-02-2019, 03:48 PM
Will be voting for Kieran Power out of that lot, personally. People whose judgment I trust vouch for him.

matty_f
27-02-2019, 03:55 PM
Was there not a communication out to say that Frank wasn't getting to stand again? What's happened there?

Iggy Pope
27-02-2019, 03:56 PM
The fellah Malky has been attending Hibs games home and away for years and years and years. I seen him most weeks then and I see him most weeks now.

I won’t be voting for him though.

Alan62
27-02-2019, 04:00 PM
This may seem obvious, but to me, the most important thing in all of this is having people on the board of directors who can make a valuable contribution to the work of the board.

It probably isn't enough to just be trying to do your best to be the 'voice of the fans' on the board because it's actually an extremely challenging job that requires a lot of expertise and a broad range of business skills.

Perhaps one of the reasons that people consider that the experiment hasn't been too successful is that the people who have been elected have not had either the business acumen to make a valuable contribution to the board or the communications skills to relay their work to the supporters. I think they've all tried, of course, with varying degrees of success, but the complexity of the task actually demands a very broad skill set that most of the candidates simply don't have.

Good luck to all the candidates though - to volunteer the amount of time that the position takes up is admirable in itself.

Peevemor
27-02-2019, 04:02 PM
Was there not a communication out to say that Frank wasn't getting to stand again? What's happened there?

I don't think so. Just that instead of changing both fans' reps at the same time, they were keeping Tracey for another year.

I think having a bit of continuity (overlapping mandates) can only be good.

Billy Whizz
27-02-2019, 04:03 PM
Know a few of the candidates, Frank I see at the full and development games, and usually see Malky too in the away season ticket section

Know Duncan Smith pretty well Duncan was the captain of the Hibs.net football team that played in the Charity games against Hearts in 2006 and 2007. I “played” in the 2006 team.
Duncan obviously couldn’t post due to his refereeing commitments, but think he’s an interesting candidate, lots of passion

J-C
27-02-2019, 04:17 PM
Not decided yet but I personally think Frank has had his time and maybe due a wee change, some fresh blood and ideas.

JeMeSouviens
27-02-2019, 04:23 PM
Has there been a proven benefit to having the reps for the past two years? I can’t say I have really noticed to be honest.

Handy deflector shields if you're on the board and "moving on". :wink:

Peevemor
27-02-2019, 04:29 PM
Not decided yet but I personally think Frank has had his time and maybe due a wee change, some fresh blood and ideas.

My own opinion is that somebody who's elected to represent the supporters should communicate using all means available. Frank doesn't do that and therefore, for me, isn't compatible with the post.

Alan62
27-02-2019, 04:32 PM

Frank retires by rotation but, like Trump, can stand again.

Alan62
27-02-2019, 04:38 PM

Not sure how anyone can know the impact they've had as it isn't measured.

Do we have a better functioning board now than we had in the past? I'd say yes. Is that partly down to the general modernisation of the club? Again, yes. Are the fans' reps part of that modernisation? Yes.

Overall I think it's a good thing - as long as the people elected are able to make a valid contribution and have the time and commitment in their lives to do what's required in the post.

hibsbollah
27-02-2019, 04:52 PM
Frank retires by rotation but, like Trump, can stand again.

Is Frank Donald Trump in this scenario? I'm liking where this is going. Tracey can be Kim Jong Eun.

Alan62
27-02-2019, 04:56 PM
Is Frank Donald Trump in this scenario? I'm liking where this is going. Tracey can be Kim Jong Eun.

Technically, Tracey can't be Kim Jong Un in this scenario as, ostensibly, she's on the same side.

hibsbollah
27-02-2019, 04:57 PM
Technically, Tracey can't be Kim Jong Un in this scenario as, ostensibly, she's on the same side.

Stormy Daniels then.

Alan62
27-02-2019, 05:02 PM
Stormy Daniels then.

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brizo
27-02-2019, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE=J-C;5723100]Not decided yet but I personally think Frank has had his time and maybe due a wee change, some fresh blood and ideas.[/QUOTE

Surprised that Frank wants to stand again , he's had a good kick at the ba and I thought he might step aside gracefully to give others the opportunity to be elected.

If I was voting for anyone it would be Keiran Power.

The 90+2
27-02-2019, 05:09 PM
[QUOTE=J-C;5723100]Not decided yet but I personally think Frank has had his time and maybe due a wee change, some fresh blood and ideas.[/QUOTE

Surprised that Frank wants to stand again , he's had a good kick at the ba and I thought he might step aside gracefully to give others the opportunity to be elected.

A fans rep should be communicating with all fans and going into a meeting representatives of the fans. Frank doesn’t do that. It’s a representation of the whole support not just the hibs club.

The 90+2
27-02-2019, 05:10 PM

Vote then. Mr Power will guaranteed bring a fresh approach to the role. Which is needed as some want it scrapped. He’s also likely to give it up if he’s being taken for a mug. He’s Hibs first and foremost.

cabbageandribs1875
27-02-2019, 05:30 PM
i'm voting for frank if he promises to post on here

this time

over to you Frank...

matty_f
27-02-2019, 05:33 PM
The fellah Malky has been attending Hibs games home and away for years and years and years. I seen him most weeks then and I see him most weeks now.

I won’t be voting for him though.

I'm sure I met him briefly at an early working together group. Nice guy but I think he thought I was an arse!

To be fair, I don't think that's an uncommon assessment so I won't hold that against him! :greengrin

YanYansen
27-02-2019, 05:34 PM
I know Kieran Power reasonably well, and he'll get my vote, no question. The reason for this is clear: he is genuinely not really interested as a "status" thing, and is more likely to bin it and blow the whistle than be a "board patsy", which let's face it is what we all suspect certainly one previous occupant was/is/will be again. I'm completely confident that he'll not find it "complicated" as to whose interests he's meant to be representing.

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2019, 05:41 PM
Its just like the elections, instead of the government being elected on a pack of lies, we've had a fans rep.

Purple & Green
27-02-2019, 05:46 PM
I thought there was a maximum of two terms, and the board thanking FD for his efforts suggested he couldn’t stand again.

I wasn’t going to vote, but, I will now for KP.

cabbageandribs1875
27-02-2019, 05:47 PM
Its just like the elections, instead of the government being elected on a pack of lies, we've had a fans rep.

can't disagree with this

Brooster
27-02-2019, 05:47 PM
Will the new rep reach out to supporters branches? None of the current incumbents have engaged with our branch which is one of the biggest active branches if not the biggest.

Eric
27-02-2019, 05:52 PM
A fans rep should be communicating with all fans and going into a meeting representatives of the fans. Frank doesn’t do that. It’s a representation of the whole support not just the hibs club.

I think that's a bit unfair on Frank as he and Tracey between them do chair the Working Together Meetings where all fans are welcome.

These meetings, which now take place once a month, give fans the perfect opportunity to communicate with the reps.

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2019, 06:01 PM
I think that's a bit unfair on Frank as he and Tracey between them do chair the Working Together Meetings where all fans are welcome.

These meetings, which now take place once a month, give fans the perfect opportunity to communicate with the reps.

Eric, the world of Hibernian Football Club is a lot wider than once a month at Easter Road at the WTM. How about telling all and sundry that you had learnt from the first term in office, and how he'd be much more active on social media and the likes?

Elected on lies, the job needs someone more savvy and active online, not another few years of delegating to someone who has also virtually disappeared online too.

Purple & Green
27-02-2019, 06:02 PM
Will the new rep reach out to supporters branches? None of the current incumbents have engaged with our branch which is one of the biggest active branches if not the biggest.

I think KP is a long time member of the biggest supporters branch?

marinello59
27-02-2019, 06:05 PM
I'm sure I met him briefly at an early working together group. Nice guy but I think he thought I was an arse!

To be fair, I don't think that's an uncommon assessment so I won't hold that against him! :greengrin

I'm only going to consider candidates that think you are an arse. :greengrin

Future17
27-02-2019, 06:11 PM
I would keep the role of Supporters' Rep for no reason other than that I find these threads amusing whenever the elections come round.

Eric
27-02-2019, 06:20 PM
Eric, the world of Hibernian Football Club is a lot wider than once a month at Easter Road at the WTM. How about telling all and sundry that you had learnt from the first term in office, and how he'd be much more active on social media and the likes?

Elected on lies, the job needs someone more savvy and active online, not another few years of delegating to someone who has also virtually disappeared online too.

I agree that there is more to connecting with fans than a once a month meeting at ER but my post was in response to a quote stating that Frank as a fans rep doesn't communicate with fans through meetings with fans. He does through the WTG.

Forza Fred
27-02-2019, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE=Brizo;5723154]

I think this is a valid point.

There are Hibs fans right around the world, and while obviously not attending games every week, still follow the team, and indeed contribute financially through various means (on line purchases, Hibs Tv etc etc to Hibs financially, as well as spreading the Hibs gospel.

Tracey thankfully, came on board and has earned star status among us overseas fans for her assistance, and should she ever visit these shores, she will be regally wined and dined for her efforts.

Frank describes himself as a ‘boots on the ground ‘ rep......but surely both reps should be contactable by modern communication means and interact with ALL fans, not just those who live up the road from them.

For some, and not just overseas fans, it can sometimes be difficult to get to a meeting at a specific time and location and ask a simple question.

I’ve never got the ‘I don’t do on line’ mantra as being acceptable....it’s a bit like a dentist saying, ‘I only do fillings, but not extractions’ so if its a tooth out you are needing, you need to go to another dentist’

Might suit Frank, but not a portion of the people he is supposed to represent.

Keith_M
27-02-2019, 06:34 PM
What exactly is the point of a Fans Rep who is only a shoe-in because all his mates in the Supporters Association vote for him?

Beefster
27-02-2019, 06:35 PM

Surprised at that tbh. I was under the impression that Frank was the branches’ man. Wrongly obviously.

Skol
27-02-2019, 07:41 PM
But the WTG meetings are very poorly publicised and not communicated after the event. Apart from Charlene.

Both candidates stood on a ticket of improved communication. Neither have seen that through. Frank shouldnt be re-elected on that alone and Tracy seems to have been given a free year without election in order to get to a one in every year position.

Pretty Boy
27-02-2019, 07:52 PM
Reading the statements and some of the comments on here I still see, for lack of a better word, an ignorance of the limitations of the role.

It was an interesting idea but I think it’s run it’s course in the current guise. I’d prefer either a revamped WT or a new fans forum working independently to raise issues and propose ideas then have a conduit to the board to communicate the issues raised.

I’ve no doubt that Frank, Tracey and Amit have all given the role the time and respect it deserves. I have no doubt each of them has done good things in their respective tenures but I’m not convinced the current set up is fit for purpose when it comes to ensuring the fans have a strong voice. Ultimately the club are more than aware of what the fans are thinking without 2 reps. The fans need people proposing solutions as much as they do raising others moans and groans.

Develop the SLO role and revamp it from being a box ticking excercise, have a group of fans independent of the board drawn from the like sod the supporters club branches, Facebook, the forums and any other interested parties, have them host regular surgeries both online and in the flesh and have a conduit to the board to link the strands together.

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2019, 12:02 AM

How many members in your Branch? A number of big branches in HSA....

Hermit Crab
28-02-2019, 12:37 AM

He was also sitting not too far from you on the bus to St Mirren.

Carheenlea
28-02-2019, 12:52 AM
Quite a few of the candidates in the The Muirton pre match and one handing out leaflets outside.

Swedish hibee
28-02-2019, 03:07 AM
Tracy was great and I hope the new rep will continue the support to us hibbys worldwide.

Brooster
28-02-2019, 06:03 AM
How many members in your Branch? A number of big branches in HSA....

Around 200 which I would think is one of the largest active branches......by active I mean travels to games.

Siralbertkidd
28-02-2019, 06:18 AM
Hopefully Tracey will be able to help Frank get settled into the role before she steps down next year to allow a fresh face.

Unless she decides to stand again obviously and then Frank can help her get settled in before standing down before standing again.

Perfectly put. Was an amusing farce, but now becoming annoying.

hibbymick
28-02-2019, 06:55 AM
What was the reason Tracey got kept on for another year ? And just to make it clear I think Tracey does a decent job.

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2019, 07:01 AM
What was the reason Tracey got kept on for another year ? And just to make it clear I think Tracey does a decent job.

To help the new rep settle in and provide continuity.

Don’t know how that works is FD wins the vote again though.

marinello59
28-02-2019, 07:35 AM
To help the new rep settle in and provide continuity.

Don’t know how that works is FD wins the vote again though.

I don’t understand quite why FD has put himself forward again. The one over riding reason for this role is to improve communication between the club and the fans and yet he is saying he will continue to ignore online conduits. Saying he will leave that to Tracey simply isn’t good enough.

jeffers
28-02-2019, 07:53 AM
I won’t be voting this time. While I have no doubt they do some good they are not fans reps imo, they are fans who have been elected to the board and once on the board are subject to the same rules and restrictions as every other board member. Every candidate, well maybe FD excepted, promises to provide regular communication but when it comes down to it it doesn’t happen anywhere near enough. I get most of my Hibs info from here and I cant remember the last bit of communication posted by one of our fans “reps” which really in effect is Tracey since FD doesn’t post on here which like M59 says is not acceptable.

I also thing the overlapping of their period in the position, while good in principle, is a bit of farce now that FD has decided to stand again. He has enough friends in the wider support that means I fully expect him to be voted in again. Imo no rep should be allowed to serve more than two terms.

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2019, 07:59 AM
I don’t understand quite why FD has put himself forward again. The one over riding reason for this role is to improve communication between the club and the fans and yet he is saying he will continue to ignore online conduits. Saying he will leave that to Tracey simply isn’t good enough.

:agree: no logic. What happens if when he gets in, Tracey goes as planned and the new person next year also says “I don’t do online”? Do we all just wait till Saturday and queue to get a word in at the match?

Forza Fred
28-02-2019, 08:43 AM
:agree: no logic. What happens if when he gets in, Tracey goes as planned and the new person next year also says “I don’t do online”? Do we all just wait till Saturday and queue to get a word in at the match?

Exactly.

Let’s put individual personalities to one side in this discussion for a moment.

Surely an ‘essential criteria’ of the position should be the commitment to interact with supporters by electronic communication means when appropriate and required?

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2019, 12:18 PM
Around 200 which I would think is one of the largest active branches......by active I mean travels to games.

Fair enough.

WhileTheChief..
28-02-2019, 01:08 PM

There should be but sadly isn’t.

WhileTheChief..
28-02-2019, 01:11 PM
What exactly is the point of a Fans Rep who is only a shoe-in because all his mates in the Supporters Association vote for him?

Which, by the way, is exactly what will happen with HSL whenever it comes to the stage that they can have a member on the club’s board.

It won’t come down to experience or ability but how popular someone is on Facebook with their Hibs mates.

Ozyhibby
28-02-2019, 02:49 PM

It would be crazy to put him in again. Ignoring social media when you are representing thousands of Hibs fans is a joke and probably explains how they were surprised by the strength of feeling when the club decided to ‘move on’.
Looking at the statements, so far I think I’ll be voting for Kieran Power.

Ozyhibby
28-02-2019, 02:55 PM
It would be crazy to put him in again. Ignoring social media when you are representing thousands of Hibs fans is a joke and probably explains why they were surprised by the strength of feeling when the club decided to ‘move on’.
Looking at the statements, so far I think I’ll be voting for Kieran Power.

Iggy Pope
28-02-2019, 03:00 PM

That’s a big bus Brooster. What branch is this, East Lothian?

Iggy Pope
28-02-2019, 03:01 PM
Stormy Daniels then.

That made me laugh. Thanks.

CMurdoch
28-02-2019, 03:37 PM
Counting out
Frank - a great Hibs man but has had his shot and not communicating electronically is an issue
Macaa - a great Hibs man but a loose cannon knee jerk type guy

Don't know the rest

Kieran Power seems the most straight forward and honest guy with no personal CV improvement agenda. He may also bring the role to a head which would be very interesting so voting for him.

Brooster
28-02-2019, 04:12 PM
That’s a big bus Brooster. What branch is this, East Lothian?

Hi Iggy, yeah East Lothian. In fact we closed memberships last October as we couldn't keep up with demand, especially for home games. Anyhow we digress, I would like the reps to engage with us on some sort of level

hibsbollah
28-02-2019, 04:45 PM
Kieran is a great guy and a good pal of mine, also know Malky well, both really good guys with no agenda other than will be trying to do the right thing

Thats good enough for me. I just blindly follow what you tell me.

RoslinInstHibby
28-02-2019, 04:55 PM
Counting out
Frank - a great Hibs man but has had his shot and not communicating electronically is an issue
Macaa - a great Hibs man but a loose cannon knee jerk type guy

Don't know the rest

Kieran Power seems the most straight forward and honest guy with no personal CV improvement agenda. He may also bring the role to a head which would be very interesting so voting for him.

Colin has no CV improvement agenda, looking to retire soonish so will have the time to fully throw himself into the role

Carheenlea
28-02-2019, 08:21 PM
Duncan Smith looks like he is centering his campaign round being a strong advocate of reinstating the Loyalty Points Scheme. His twitter (@Ask1975) made comment that the main topic of discussion when meeting fans in Perth last night was the desire to see such a scheme reintroduced.

Diclonius
28-02-2019, 08:22 PM
Duncan Smith looks like he is centering his campaign round being a strong advocate of reinstating the Loyalty Points Scheme. His twitter (@Ask1975) made comment that the main topic of discussion when meeting fans in Perth last night was the desire to see such a scheme reintroduced.

And there's my vote secured.

Hermit Crab
28-02-2019, 08:23 PM
Duncan Smith looks like he is centering his campaign round being a strong advocate of reinstating the Loyalty Points Scheme.[/B] His twitter (@Ask1975) made comment that the main topic of discussion when meeting fans in Perth last night was the desire to see such a scheme reintroduced.

There is no way anyone will convince Dempster to reintroduce that. He's farting against thunder there.

For the record I'd like the points system back.

Diclonius
28-02-2019, 08:25 PM
There is no way anyone will convince Dempster to reintroduce that. He's farting against thunder there.

If someone is elected on a mandate of reintroducing loyalty points AND fans reps are seen as representative of majority fan opinion, surely that trumps a group of ST holders?

Hermit Crab
28-02-2019, 08:27 PM
If someone is elected on a mandate of reintroducing loyalty points AND fans reps are seen as representative of majority fan opinion, surely that trumps a group of ST holders?

If there current fans reps couldn't bring it back then what chance does a one man crusade have?

Future17
28-02-2019, 08:32 PM
If there current fans reps couldn't bring it back then what chance does a one man crusade have?

It wouldn't be a one-man crusade if that man was representing others, but I suspect you know that.

Hermit Crab
28-02-2019, 08:33 PM
It wouldn't be a one-man crusade if that man was representing others, but I suspect you know that.

Its been tried before, Dempster won't budge on the matter!

hibsbollah
28-02-2019, 08:34 PM

Such an unfortunate name. I keep thinking Iain Duncan Smith.

Billy Whizz
28-02-2019, 08:36 PM

But it’s a really important crusade. We can’t have Hibs fans paying money to other clubs, if they can’t make games. It’s just not on anymore!

It’s not just about away games, maybe ticket sales for Saturday etc would be higher, if it helped fans get a phase of priority for big away games

Hermit Crab
28-02-2019, 08:42 PM
But it’s a really important crusade. We can’t have Hibs fans paying money to other clubs, if they can’t make games. It’s just not on anymore!

It’s not just about away games, maybe ticket sales for Saturday etc would be higher, if it helped fans get a phase of priority for big away games

Billy, you know I'm all for a points system but LD is digging her heels in with this. Properly managed it would work perfectly.

Rules and regs would need to be clear from the beginning so you don't get roasters wanting points for buying pies and bovril etc.

Still Smiling
28-02-2019, 08:46 PM
I don’t understand quite why FD has put himself forward again. The one over riding reason for this role is to improve communication between the club sand the fans and yet he is saying he will continue to ignore online conduits. Saying he will leave that to Tracey simply isn’t good enough.
See Frank bug hear very little.

Carheenlea
28-02-2019, 08:56 PM

My mate said exactly the same last night after being handed one of his campaign flyers :hilarious

I remember being promised by Frank at an away match before the last elections that if elected, he would strongly be proposing the reintroduction of Loyalty Points to the board. I`ve no idea how strong the will was to argue the case after the elections, and I`m not sure where Tracey stands on the subject, but ultimately we have been told its`s not happening and unlikely to happen any time soon. If a candidate was elected on with that mandate and strong support, then would it continue to be brushed aside by the board? He might be able to argue the case better, or in more determined terms than already has been before.

The 90+2
28-02-2019, 08:56 PM

Born in our centenary year though m.

Future17
28-02-2019, 09:10 PM
Its been tried before, Dempster won't budge on the matter!

Let's be honest, if we're talking about whether the fans reps have tried to get it reinstated before, I don't think any of us (and certainly not the support at large) know if that's true.

Also, LD will not be here forever. Also, she is the CEO, not the ultimate decision maker.

andyf5
01-03-2019, 05:33 AM

He said he will stick to communicating in person and states his style complements Tracy. I think its a good point. Not everyone spends their time here.

Skol
01-03-2019, 06:26 AM
He said he will stick to communicating in person and states his style complements Tracy. I think its a good point. Not everyone spends their time here.

The thing is that Tracy hasn’t been great at communicating either. I don’t think they need to be on here but they should be telling us via the hibs website what they are up to.

We know from the table thumping podcast that loyalty points are a non starter. It would be nice to know how they positioned the question and what the rationale for the answer was.

Forza Fred
01-03-2019, 06:38 AM

So how does he communicate with people like me?

Beefster
01-03-2019, 06:44 AM
So how does he communicate with people like me?

He doesn’t is the obvious answer. It seems to me that Frank has a subset of his constituency that he looks after and never mind the rest of us. He’ll get to continue doing it too because that subset will vote for him whilst the rest of us either don’t cast a vote because we’re being ignored or spread our votes amongst a few other candidates. Frank rides right through the middle.

Since452
01-03-2019, 06:51 AM
Board representatives to the fans not fans representatives to the board is how i see it. Won't be voting.

Brizo
01-03-2019, 07:10 AM

Franks position is like someone a hundred years ago in a similar public position saying I'm not going to use these new fangled telephones.

I appreciate he's had some bad abuse from West of Scotland football fans on social media and I'm no fan of twitter but if you want to be in a public role you need to be available to the public across all the available platforms.

What little I know of Frank he enjoys being "different" and contrary so he will be in his element being a Luddite.

He's had a long stint as rep and consequently should have stood aside gracefully to give new candidates a clearer run at being elected.

As to why he's put himself forward again its all about the Frank Dougan ego, in my opinion.

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2019, 07:57 AM
Franks position is like someone a hundred years ago in a similar public position saying I'm not going to use these new fangled telephones.

I appreciate he's had some bad abuse from West of Scotland football fans on social media and I'm no fan of twitter but if you want to be in a public role you need to be available to the public across all the available platforms.

What little I know of Frank he enjoys being "different" and contrary so he will be in his element being a Luddite.

He's had a long stint as rep and consequently should have stood aside gracefully to give new candidates a clearer run at being elected.

As to why he's put himself forward again its all about the Frank Dougan ego, in my opinion.

Maybe the guy just lives and breathes Hibs, loves the fact that this role allows him to be in and around the club virtually whenever he likes and can’t bear to give that privilege up. I don’t agree that he should be standing again either.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2019, 01:10 PM
Let's be honest, if we're talking about whether the fans reps have tried to get it reinstated before, I don't think any of us (and certainly not the support at large) know if that's true.

Also, LD will not be here forever. Also, she is the CEO, not the ultimate decision maker.

I have spoken to Frank numerous times regarding this and he gave me the same answer every time, LD will not reintroduce it.

Diclonius
01-03-2019, 01:11 PM

Thanks for that, now I won't forget his name. :aok:

hibsbollah
01-03-2019, 01:18 PM
Thanks for that, now I won't forget his name. :aok:

'The Quiet Man':agree:

A bit like Frank on social media.

The 90+2
01-03-2019, 01:25 PM
He doesn’t is the obvious answer. It seems to me that Frank has a subset of his constituency that he looks after and never mind the rest of us. He’ll get to continue doing it too because that subset will vote for him whilst the rest of us either don’t cast a vote because we’re being ignored or spread our votes amongst a few other candidates. Frank rides right through the middle.

Nailed it.

andyf5
01-03-2019, 02:04 PM
The thing is that Tracy hasn’t been great at communicating either. I don’t think they need to be on here but they should be telling us via the hibs website what they are up to.

We know from the table thumping podcast that loyalty points are a non starter. It would be nice to know how they positioned the question and what the rationale for the answer was.

I agree that something on the website would be good to say what has been done each month.

Tracy has been on here and in my experience responds quickly to emails but it could be better.

Both do it for free and can never satisfy everyone. What I like is that there is someone on the board who sits amongst us and can present a different viewpoint.

marinello59
01-03-2019, 03:11 PM
I agree that something on the website would be good to say what has been done each month.

Tracy has been on here and in my experience responds quickly to emails but it could be better.

Both do it for free and can never satisfy everyone. What I like is that there is someone on the board who sits amongst us and can present a different viewpoint.

Tracey sits amongst along with most if not all of the candidates standing this time. How does FD offer a different viewpoint?

tamig
01-03-2019, 03:18 PM
I know Kieran Power reasonably well, and he'll get my vote, no question. The reason for this is clear: he is genuinely not really interested as a "status" thing, and is more likely to bin it and blow the whistle than be a "board patsy", which let's face it is what we all suspect certainly one previous occupant was/is/will be again. I'm completely confident that he'll not find it "complicated" as to whose interests he's meant to be representing.
Did you take your user name from Stuart Pearce by any chance?

YanYansen
01-03-2019, 03:33 PM
Did you take your user name from Stuart Pearce by any chance?

Nah, it’s an old nickname, long story but Kurt Vonnegut is involved.

matty_f
01-03-2019, 04:23 PM
Board representatives to the fans not fans representatives to the board is how i see it. Won't be voting.

I don't think it's that either - there's not much to say "hi fans, here's what's happening with the board".

I think Tracey clearly makes an effort to engage with the support across different routes - she's active on Twitter, Facebook, here and (I think) the Bounce.

I see her at games with fans as well, so does the boots on the ground stuff as well.

Bearing in mind that Tracey works full time and that the fans rep role isn't a full time position, I think she does well to get the coverage that she does with the support.

She also steps in when she sees an issue, rather than waiting to be contacted, again her online profile makes that possible.

I said at the last election that Frank's lack of online profile was a huge negative, and I stand by that. THere was a promise to do better when it was election time last time around, and that simply hasn't happened.

As a result, I don't know if Frank's done a good job, a bad job, or no job at all.

Good luck to whoever gets it, I'm sure it's a great role to be involved in and I'm also sure that a large part of the negativity towards stems from people being a bit envious, in all honesty.

There is a benefit in the role, I think it needs to be rebranded along the lines of 'supporter nominated director' rather than a representative, as it is impossible to be representative of the support (IMHO).

Forza Fred
01-03-2019, 09:43 PM
I don't think it's that either - there's not much to say "hi fans, here's what's happening with the board".

I think Tracey clearly makes an effort to engage with the support across different routes - she's active on Twitter, Facebook, here and (I think) the Bounce.

I see her at games with fans as well, so does the boots on the ground stuff as well.

Bearing in mind that Tracey works full time and that the fans rep role isn't a full time position, I think she does well to get the coverage that she does with the support.

She also steps in when she sees an issue, rather than waiting to be contacted, again her online profile makes that possible.

I said at the last election that Frank's lack of online profile was a huge negative, and I stand by that. THere was a promise to do better when it was election time last time around, and that simply hasn't happened.

As a result, I don't know if Frank's done a good job, a bad job, or no job at all.

Good luck to whoever gets it, I'm sure it's a great role to be involved in and I'm also sure that a large part of the negativity towards stems from people being a bit envious, in all honesty.

There is a benefit in the role, I think it needs to be rebranded along the lines of 'supporter nominated director' rather than a representative, as it is impossible to be representative of the support (IMHO).

Agree with most of this.

Tracey has been superb in assisting us far off fans, and I don’t know where she finds the time to juggle everything.

Can’t say I’m ‘envious’ of those in the role, but there is no doubt it would be a tremendous honour to be able to say ‘I was a Hibs Directorfor a couple of years’.

I know when I suggested people take on the role for the ‘honour’ a few saw that as a negative, but I don’t get that.

Good luck to anyone who stands for election, but like politicians, Change them now and then or everything is in danger of remaining the same.

HibeeHibernian4
01-03-2019, 09:54 PM
I have spoken to Frank numerous times regarding this and he gave me the same answer every time, LD will not reintroduce it.

I admire the spirit of Duncan, but HC is right on this one.

Loyalty Points will not be brought back to Hibs until Dempster has left.

Stubborn on her part (in my opinion), but there we are.

Radium
01-03-2019, 10:34 PM
Reading the statements and some of the comments on here I still see, for lack of a better word, an ignorance of the limitations of the role.

It was an interesting idea but I think it’s run it’s course in the current guise. I’d prefer either a revamped WT or a new fans forum working independently to raise issues and propose ideas then have a conduit to the board to communicate the issues raised.

I’ve no doubt that Frank, Tracey and Amit have all given the role the time and respect it deserves. I have no doubt each of them has done good things in their respective tenures but I’m not convinced the current set up is fit for purpose when it comes to ensuring the fans have a strong voice. Ultimately the club are more than aware of what the fans are thinking without 2 reps. The fans need people proposing solutions as much as they do raising others moans and groans.

Develop the SLO role and revamp it from being a box ticking excercise, have a group of fans independent of the board drawn from the like sod the supporters club branches, Facebook, the forums and any other interested parties, have them host regular surgeries both online and in the flesh and have a conduit to the board to link the strands together.

Good summary and positive proposals that would ensure wider involvement.

Had no real interest in voting this time around but the status quo will not result in change so keeping my options open.

GORDONSMITH7
02-03-2019, 01:12 AM
Kieran Power a long standing member of St. Patrick's branch was given a spot in the business section of the Branch meeting, prior to Super Joe coming on last night. He received a strong ovation from the 50 present , following an excellent articulate presentation of his reasons for standing and his vision of what the role should entail.

BIG G

GORDONSMITH7
02-03-2019, 01:41 AM
As to the sightly dubious posts about cock size regarding Branches. Suffice to say that I have travelled on buses since the 1960's with St.Giles fae Coogate. I have 50 years on had the pleasure to have travelled with the spendid,welcoming East Lothian Club. Nae pretentious fannies just splendid Hibernians.

.BIG G

Secretary St.Patricks Branch

FranckSuzy
02-03-2019, 01:55 AM
As to the sightly dubious posts about cock size regarding Branches. Suffice to say that I have travelled on buses since the 1960's with St.Giles fae Coogate. I have 50 years on had the pleasure to have travelled with the spendid,welcoming East Lothian Club. Nae pretentious fannies just splendid Hibernians.

.BIG G

Secretary St.Patricks Branch

:tee hee:

Thanks Big G, I'm night shift and that fair cheered me up! :greengrin

CMurdoch
02-03-2019, 03:04 AM
And Then There Was Five!!!

andyf5
02-03-2019, 07:44 AM
Tracey sits amongst along with most if not all of the candidates standing this time. How does FD offer a different viewpoint?

As many on here say Frank doesn't do social media and has the time to go to away and development games mixing with those who do that. Tracy works so cant. Having two fans reps with the same personality and practice does not reflect the broad family of Hibs fans. Different views are healthy. I don't know Franck to speak to but from what I have seen and heard he is a good representative for the club.

Future17
02-03-2019, 07:58 AM

Fair enough, but your chats with Frank are not him communicating with the support at large and, as is being discussed on this thread, that is a problem for some.

Also, as I mentioned before, the "new" rep might be on the Board longer than LD is CEO.

Gloucester Hibs
02-03-2019, 08:15 AM
If Frank wins what happens? Does Tracey stand down and they do another vote?!

andyf5
02-03-2019, 08:18 AM
If Frank wins what happens? Does Tracey stand down and they do another vote?!
There are two reps and each stands for two years. Only one vacancy a year so that there is continuity and handover. The vacancy this time is Franks so Tracey carries on. She will have to stand again next year if she wants to carry on.

Gloucester Hibs
02-03-2019, 08:33 AM
There are two reps and each stands for two years. Only one vacancy a year so that there is continuity and handover. The vacancy this time is Franks so Tracey carries on. She will have to stand again next year if she wants to carry on.

Yeah but what if Frank wins and fills his own vacancy? Would be somewhat farcical. Should’ve been rules in place to prevent this scenario

Leitherhibs
02-03-2019, 08:46 AM
I see ‘Macar’ has been removed from the process.

I personally wont be voting for Frank, not because I think he’s done a poor job, far drom it, I think he’s done a fine job within the limitations of that role, but I do believe that someone else should be given the opportunity.. That said, there isn’t really another outstanding candidate to my mind, the statements don’t really stand out and I fear this process becomes a popularity contest, which I guess is probably difficult to avoid. I’m surprised that none of our respected, regular .netters have put their hat in the ring!

Hermit Crab
02-03-2019, 08:59 AM

I personally wont be voting for Frank, not because I think he’s done a poor job, far drom it, I think he’s done a fine job within the limitations of that role, but I do believe that someone else should be given the opportunity.. That said, there isn’t really another outstanding candidate to my mind, the statements don’t really stand out and I fear this process becomes a popularity contest, which I guess is probably difficult to avoid. I’m surprised that none of our respected, regular .netters have put their hat in the ring!

Did he remove himself or did Hibs remove him?

Leitherhibs
02-03-2019, 09:06 AM
Did he remove himself or did Hibs remove him?

No idea mate, just notice he’s been removed from all the online content.

Bostonhibby
02-03-2019, 09:09 AM

.BIG G

Secretary St.Patricks Branch[emoji3][emoji106]

Cometh the hour cometh the man.

Good man G

GGTTH

Hermit Crab
02-03-2019, 09:15 AM
No idea mate, just notice he’s been removed from all the online content.

May well have been Hibs that removed him from the running then.

Since90+2
02-03-2019, 09:23 AM
May well have been Hibs that removed him from the running then.

Did Hibs not say in the statement that he removed himself for personal reasons?

Hermit Crab
02-03-2019, 09:28 AM

No idea, I've not seen the statement.

oldbutdim
02-03-2019, 09:42 AM

Yes.

Baldy Foghorn
02-03-2019, 09:56 AM
No idea, I've not seen the statement.

Just like there was no fall out with Lennon:greengrin

andyf5
02-03-2019, 09:58 AM
Yeah but what if Frank wins and fills his own vacancy? Would be somewhat farcical. Should’ve been rules in place to prevent this scenarioI dont see how. There is an opportunity for fresh talent and if none of them bring something better then Frank then he will get re-elected

Iggy Pope
02-03-2019, 10:12 AM
The fans rep election stuff just got a whole lot more boring.

Hermit Crab
02-03-2019, 10:16 AM
The fans rep election stuff just got a whole lot more boring.

You've nobody to vote for now. :greengrin

hibsbollah
02-03-2019, 10:41 AM

BOOOOO

As someone who is totally unaware of what the slipper:slipper:banter was all about, I am still sad at this news. He sounds like a fun character.

Duncan Smith
02-03-2019, 11:27 AM
Know a few of the candidates, Frank I see at the full and development games, and usually see Malky too in the away season ticket section

Know Duncan Smith pretty well Duncan was the captain of the Hibs.net football team that played in the Charity games against Hearts in 2006 and 2007. I “played” in the 2006 team.
Duncan obviously couldn’t post due to his refereeing commitments, but think he’s an interesting candidate, lots of passion

Thanks Billy,

Sure it was 2008,2009 and 2010. You’ve removed two years of your distinguished playing career there.

Although I couldn’t post due to my Refereeing commitments, I’ve been a lurker over the years.
Got the opportunity to be lot more active now and hope to meet some of the posters soon.

Duncan Smith
02-03-2019, 11:52 AM

Agree with what you are saying here, not one person will be able to convince the change.

We need as many fans as possible who want the return of the loyalty points to get involved.
If we can get enough fans to get behind this idea, its a lot harder to say NO to hundreds, thousands who want change than it is to a single representative.

Duncan Smith
02-03-2019, 12:02 PM
My mate said exactly the same last night after being handed one of his campaign flyers :hilarious

I remember being promised by Frank at an away match before the last elections that if elected, he would strongly be proposing the reintroduction of Loyalty Points to the board. I`ve no idea how strong the will was to argue the case after the elections, and I`m not sure where Tracey stands on the subject, but ultimately we have been told its`s not happening and unlikely to happen any time soon. If a candidate was elected on with that mandate and strong support, then would it continue to be brushed aside by the board? He might be able to argue the case better, or in more determined terms than already has been before.

It is my intention to canvass as many supporters as possible on the loyalty points.

Voice in numbers on paper will count for a lot more than just bringing the point up in a board meeting with no substance behind it.

Hermit Crab
02-03-2019, 12:07 PM
Agree with what you are saying here, not one person will be able to convince the change.

We need as many fans as possible who want the return of the loyalty points to get involved.
If we can get enough fans to get behind this idea, its a lot harder to say NO to hundreds, thousands who want change than it is to a single representative.

Fans can shout from the rooftops about wanting a points system back but LD is against it it won't make a blind bit of difference how many fans lobby the club.

Barnton Hibs
02-03-2019, 12:39 PM
Duncan will certainly bring passion and commitment to the role, and, as others have said 're Kieron, will not be doing it for the glory, but for the good of Hibernian. Duncan will be getting my vote.

Billy Whizz
02-03-2019, 12:44 PM
If I can in early today, going to pop in and see the candidates, don’t think I’ve met 2 Keiran or Colin before.
Like to meet them personally if I can, rather than online

RoslinInstHibby
02-03-2019, 04:05 PM
It's not being well advertised but the 5 candidates are at the far end of the 1st floor chatting away....

Hiber-nation
02-03-2019, 04:14 PM
It is my intention to canvass as many supporters as possible on the loyalty points.

Voice in numbers on paper will count for a lot more than just bringing the point up in a board meeting with no substance behind it.

Good luck! I was categorically informed by the ticketing manager (can't remember her exact job title) that loyalty points would not be reinstated but she did ask me to come in for a chat to discuss it. Didn't see much point.

JXM73
02-03-2019, 10:38 PM
Any of these empty vessels gonna do something about FF lower, looks embarrassing and a waste of space....

green day
02-03-2019, 10:50 PM
Any of these empty vessels gonna do something about FF lower, looks embarrassing and a waste of space....

Yes, I imagine it's part of the fans rep role to ensure the FF lower is filled up........

Been on the bevvy tonight?

JXM73
02-03-2019, 11:02 PM
Yes, I imagine it's part of the fans rep role to ensure the FF lower is filled up........

Where did i say fill it up? Its the stubbornness of the club not doing something about it...

RoslinInstHibby
02-03-2019, 11:46 PM
Where did i say fill it up? Its the stubbornness of the club not doing something about it...

Such as? (Genuine question)

J-C
03-03-2019, 10:36 AM

It's blatantly obvious that you put the singing section in FF lower, at least there they might be able to create a bit more atmosphere.

Billy Whizz
03-03-2019, 10:52 AM
Went into “Behind the goals” pre match yesterday
Had a good chat with 4 of the candidates, would suggest you try and catch up with them before voting closes, give you an indication of who you think you’d vote for

matty_f
03-03-2019, 11:11 AM

Sure they're going to be in a rush to help you if you're calling them empty vessels.

Galahibby
03-03-2019, 11:36 AM

He made a rather ill considered Twitter post about Frank and was called out on it. It seems entirely possible this might be his reason for removing himself... and deleting his Twitter account. (which he now seems to have re-instated)

Mikey
03-03-2019, 11:49 AM
I was speaking to Tracey and Leeann about a ticketing issue regarding our own seats in the FF Lower recently and I got the impression that something will be done about it soon. I guess we'll find out when the season ticket renewals come out.

It's obvious that there are seats that are never used and there are also groups of adults in there with no kids.

Cabbie1875
03-03-2019, 01:37 PM

Not a chance

Cabbie1875
03-03-2019, 01:41 PM
KP for me!! Decent guy and a good Hibby

marinello59
03-03-2019, 02:14 PM
KP for me!! Decent guy and a good Hibby

Have any of the candidates come out as a bad Hibby yet? The first one to do that will get my vote. :greengrin

JXM73
03-03-2019, 02:46 PM
Such as? (Genuine question)

Move fam section to east/west end sections, there's room behind those stand to do kids things.

Safe stand lower and open at lower prices for adults and any kids...

hibsbollah
03-03-2019, 02:46 PM
Have any of the candidates come out as a bad Hibby yet? The first one to do that will get my vote. :greengrin

Was yesterday's bottle chucker one of the candidates? That would be good. All publicity is good publicity after all. Maybe Macar chucked it.

Aim Here
03-03-2019, 03:40 PM
Was yesterday's bottle chucker one of the candidates? That would be good. All publicity is good publicity after all. Maybe Macar chucked it.

Doubt it. Macar would have had better aim.

McD
04-03-2019, 11:31 AM
Move fam section to east/west end sections, there's room behind those stand to do kids things.

Safe stand lower and open at lower prices for adults and any kids...

So... pay out much needed money to convert half a stand to be safe standing... then charge even less to get in?

would you be willing to watch the on field talent deteriorate for some time for that to happen?

Since452
04-03-2019, 11:44 AM
I'd be interested to hear why my 10 year old daughter gets a plastic bottle of water confiscated from her at the stadium but folk can sneak in smoke bombs, bangers and Buckfast. A good explanation will win my vote.

PaulSmith
04-03-2019, 11:48 AM
I'd be interested to hear why my 10 year old daughter gets a plastic bottle of water confiscated from her at the stadium but folk can sneak in smoke bombs, bangers and Buckfast. A good explanation will win my vote.

Is that for a fans rep to take forward, surely the answer is that no containers are allowed into the stadium but checks have to be proportional to the risk.

if you want full body searches for all then I’m quite sure that the vast majority of fans would be asking the fans reps to intervene.

The fans rep role needs to be understood in more detail IMO rather than chucking everything at them to fix.

staunchhibby
04-03-2019, 12:21 PM
Maybe we should look at putting a high netting up to stop idiots throwing objects

CMurdoch
04-03-2019, 12:33 PM

Being brutally honest, i suspect the smoke bombs and bangers are brought in down the front of folks pants or placed between their butt cheeks.
Impossible to find in a cursory pat down.
However, it shouldn't be possible to bring in glass bottles.

hibsbollah
04-03-2019, 12:40 PM
bangers are brought in down the front of folks pants

You learn something new every day. This would be the last place I would put one.

The 90+2
04-03-2019, 12:54 PM
Maybe we should look at putting a high netting up to stop idiots throwing objects

Bit drastic for an isolated incident is it not?

Famous Fiver
04-03-2019, 03:37 PM
Depends whose troosers you put them doon!!