PDA

View Full Version : Supporters Board Rep

Forza Fred
27-02-2019, 02:08 AM
The club’s original advice was that voting would commence to elect one fans’ rep on 25 February.

Unless I’ve missed it.....which is entirely possible....the list of candidates hasn’t been posted yet, and the planned date has passed.

Anybody know if there is a reason for the delay.....other than the obvious ‘got more important things to worry about just now’

Not like the club to miss a publicised deadline.

Skol
27-02-2019, 06:10 AM
Dunno but Frank is apparently standing again.

Beefster
27-02-2019, 07:01 AM

Given the rumours of him kicking off when Hibs announced what was happening with the reps, that isn’t surprising.

One of the reasons I’m not sure about supporter ownership, folk get comfortable/entitled and efforts become more about protecting themselves and their own positions rather than a democratic process or the best thing for the club.

Hermit Crab
27-02-2019, 07:05 AM

He wasn’t as of last Friday so I was told.

Frazerbob
27-02-2019, 07:15 AM

I’m no fan of a Frank or the whole Fans Rep role but the stick he was getting from a group of the young team at half time at Dens on Friday was bang out of order. If he gets that every week I’d be surprised if he was to stand again.

Hermit Crab
27-02-2019, 07:16 AM
I’m no fan of a Frank or the whole Fans Rep role but the stick he was getting from a group of the young team at half time at Dens on Friday was bang out of order. If he gets that every week I’d be surprised if he was to stand again.

What was he getting stick about?

PatHead
27-02-2019, 07:24 AM
Frank definitely is standing again.

Allant1981
27-02-2019, 07:43 AM

According to the WTG meeting he is

Gloucester Hibs
27-02-2019, 07:44 AM
Given the rumours of him kicking off when Hibs announced what was happening with the reps, that isn’t surprising.

One of the reasons I’m not sure about supporter ownership, folk get comfortable/entitled and efforts become more about protecting themselves and their own positions rather than a democratic process or the best thing for the club.

Spot on.

Forza Fred
27-02-2019, 08:18 AM

Don’t know if he is or he’s not, but presumably he would have had to decide and nominate by 30 January as other candidates had to.

Last I heard from him he was undecided.

PatHead
27-02-2019, 08:21 AM
Don’t know if he is or he’s not, but presumably he would have had to decide and nominate by 30 January as other candidates had to.

Last I heard from him he was undecided.

Frank told me himself he is standing. He will get my vote.

RoslinInstHibby
27-02-2019, 08:22 AM
they will be on the website in the next day or two, the club are trying to arrange a few other steps with the candidates

Berwickhibby
27-02-2019, 08:32 AM
I am sure I read somewhere that fans reps could only serve a maximum of 2 terms.... need to check

Danderhall Hibs
27-02-2019, 08:37 AM
I am sure I read somewhere that fans reps could only serve a maximum of 2 terms.... need to check

I thought that too and also that Tracey was helping the transition by staying on for an extra year.

bigwheel
27-02-2019, 08:43 AM
Frank told me himself he is standing. He will get my vote.

That’s fair enough - we all should make our own choices ..

For me, I think regular fresh thinking into these roles is a good thing . Won’t get my vote.

Frank is close enough to the club now to continue to have an active voice , whether in role or out of role ...

Would be good to see a different Mix every couple of years ..to keep the independence of the fans rep voice as natural as possible ..

Bostonhibby
27-02-2019, 09:03 AM
That’s fair enough - we all should make our own choices ..

For me, I think regular fresh thinking into these roles is a good thing . Won’t get my vote.

Frank is close enough to the club now to continue to have an active voice , whether in role or out of role ...

Would be good to see a different Mix every couple of years ..to keep the independence of the fans rep voice as natural as possible ..This is how it should be if the roles go forward at all. Personally I think that in a director role they don't and can't work. The very nature of the directorship prevents it.

It's an experiment that was worth doing but I think it's run it's course. If it was meant to be a 2 year term and now we're stretching it for whatever reason it does seem a bit like Beefster is suggesting above.

I'd be happier waiting for the HSL board seat election coming along and supporting a fans representative role that isn't on the board as a 2 way communication with the board in the meantime if we want to have anything at all.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Just Jimmy
27-02-2019, 09:05 AM
I've yet to be convinced on the value of this position.

others have touched on reasons why above.

that said I didn't expect much from it either so if others feel it's a worth while exercise then so be it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

worcesterhibby
27-02-2019, 09:16 AM
On the whole I think the Fans Rep thing has been more positive than negative. It was never going to change the world (or the pies, unfortunately:greengrin) but I beleive that in general terms it has given ordinary supporters more of a voice at a high level within the club. I agree that the incumbents need to change fairly regularly and that those changes should be staggered (not all new reps at the same time). Looks to me like the club are doing this the right way.

Hermit Crab
27-02-2019, 09:18 AM
In all honesty they've not really done a lot have they? I do think they're heavily restricted to what they can do by the club though.

Some seem to just be in it for the free lunches and seat in the directors box.

RoslinInstHibby
27-02-2019, 09:41 AM
In all honesty they've not really done a lot have they? I do think they're heavily restricted to what they can do by the club though.

think the club are combating that this time round by having quite a few steps for the candidates. think you will really have to want the role....

Carheenlea
27-02-2019, 09:52 AM
Are there any figures available anywhere for the number of votes cast in the two elections to date? I would say this election will see a big drop off in votes cast given the lower key nature of this years election.
There was only one issue that was of concern to me and that was the reintroduction of Loyalty Points, and given the fact that it has been made clear that they won’t be returning any time soon I doubt I’ll be voting this time around.

brog
27-02-2019, 10:26 AM

What a ridiculous statement. We've had 3 supporters' reps. You're saying that at least 2 of those were freeloaders! And FWIW they're treated exactly the same as every other director. With regard to Frank he told me he was definitely out, though this was a few months ago. I also thought rules were changed to ensure rotation. I suppose however there's nothing to stop Frank standing for election, as opposed to re-election but it doesn't really match the spirit of the process.

Frazerbob
27-02-2019, 10:27 AM
What was he getting stick about?

Giving Rantic the full stand.

Hermit Crab
27-02-2019, 10:37 AM
Giving Rantic the full stand.

Its the cup, we have no choice. As for the league game our poor sales is why the huns have got the whole end.

Hibs90
27-02-2019, 10:41 AM
#VoteMacar :slipper:

GreenArmyyy!
27-02-2019, 11:11 AM

I cant speak for the others but that’s certainly not the case for Tracey, she has home and away season tickets for her and two of her kids which she still pays for even though she would be entitled to free tickets. Oh and the amount of work she carries out behind the scenes for the club is incredible.

Bostonhibby
27-02-2019, 11:14 AM
As the roles to continue I'll be voting Kieran Power.

Kieran's a bright passionate Hibby from a right good Hibs family who won't hide and isn't doing it for the glory.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Berwickhibby
27-02-2019, 12:16 PM

Funny only last month the official website stated Frank was standing down....but let's just change the rules to suit.

The Baldmans Comb
27-02-2019, 12:17 PM
A new broom is required and Kierans statement impressed me.

Frank Dougan is all about Frank Dougan and well past his sell by date.

Forza Fred
27-02-2019, 12:22 PM
[/B]
What a ridiculous statement. We've had 3 supporters' reps. You're saying that at least 2 of those were freeloaders! And FWIW they're treated exactly the same as every other director. With regard to Frank he told me he was definitely out, though this was a few months ago. I also thought rules were changed to ensure rotation. I suppose however there's nothing to stop Frank standing for election, as opposed to re-election but it doesn't really match the spirit of the process.

Agree Brian.

We have both known Frank probably for over a hundred years between us, and love him dearly, but as they say in Oz, he’s had a Fair suck of the sauce bottle and I think there is merit in new blood being introduced.

That’s not a criticism of Frank by the way, and I hope he doesn’t see it that way, it’s just I think it should be shared around.

If he is re-elected for another 2 year term then I think that means it will be 6 years on the board.

That’s a wee bit too long in my view....and that applies to anyone in my opinion, not just Frank.

I also think in today’s era, and given the broad geographical spread of the support that whomever IS elected is active on social media....especially for supporters like me...

I have read Frank’s pitch, but really, see The need for BOTH reps to interact both face to face AND on line......

Having said that, I don’t know any of the other candidates, so have no idea who will eventually get my long distance vote.

CropleyWasGod
27-02-2019, 01:24 PM

Funny only last month the official website stated Frank was standing down....but let's just change the rules to suit.

The rules haven't been changed.

He has stepped down, as is required, but has decided to seek re-election.

Billy Whizz
27-02-2019, 04:31 PM
Are there any figures available anywhere for the number of votes cast in the two elections to date? I would say this election will see a big drop off in votes cast given the lower key nature of this years election.
There was only one issue that was of concern to me and that was the reintroduction of Loyalty Points, and given the fact that it has been made clear that they won’t be returning any time soon I doubt I’ll be voting this time around.
Here you go
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5145

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7371