PDA

View Full Version : Stopping the Treble Treble

Real Emerald
26-02-2019, 11:49 PM
Wouldn’t it be sweet to stop Celtics treble treble on Saturday given the circumstances. No one knows what’s gone on but with McGinn last summer, the Scott Allan situation and now with Lennon being their manager after all that’s gone on. Get your tickets folks and enjoy 👍

HibeeHibernian4
27-02-2019, 01:00 AM
Might be in a minority here, but I'd take winning on Saturday for a 2 or 3-0 defeat at Tynecastle in April every day of the week.

Since452
27-02-2019, 06:38 AM
Not wanted to win a game this much in a long time. Kamberi to score a late winner and run to the away dugout to celebrate would be the icing on the cake

Sir David Gray
27-02-2019, 06:59 AM
Might be in a minority here, but I'd take winning on Saturday for a 2 or 3-0 defeat at Tynecastle in April every day of the week.

If you told me we would go on to win the cup against Hearts then yes I'd take a win on Saturday over a loss in the next league derby, otherwise no I wouldn't.

calumhibee1
27-02-2019, 07:13 AM

Absolutely. Win on Saturday and we’ve got a trip to Hampden to look forward to with the best team in the league knocked out. I’d take that over a league derby win every time.

Springbank
27-02-2019, 07:31 AM
Not wanted to win a game this much in a long time. Kamberi to score a late winner and run to the away dugout to celebrate would be the icing on the cake

this is exactly where i am at

lennon joining Celtic has handed Hibs a huge lift

lets bury the bxxxtard

Diclonius
27-02-2019, 07:40 AM

Yeah me too.

Coco Bryce
27-02-2019, 07:50 AM
The players won't need much motivation for Saturday's game that's for sure :flag:

Borderhibbie76
27-02-2019, 08:08 AM
this is exactly where i am at

lennon joining Celtic has handed Hibs a huge lift

lets bury the bxxxtardBang on

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

G B Young
27-02-2019, 08:14 AM
Is it the treble treble or the triple treble?

ian cruise
27-02-2019, 08:31 AM
Regardless of who was managing them I've wanted to be the team to stop the treble treble, feels similar to being the team charged with stopping The Rangers quest for Scottish Cup glory in 2016.

Would I take it over a Hearts win? For this season only and as long as we make up for it handsomely post split.

CropleyWasGod
27-02-2019, 08:33 AM
Is it the treble treble or the triple treble?

Three-peat.😉

Keith_M
27-02-2019, 09:49 AM

Can't agree with that.

I want to win both :-)

Lendo
27-02-2019, 12:18 PM
No-one in the top flight other than Celtic have lifted trophy since our day on 21/05/2016. It would be lovely symmetry for it to be us that stop them and go on to win it again.

As someone above has said, let's bury them.

Spike Mandela
27-02-2019, 12:26 PM
Would be nice ,but the stark fact is we now have a Celtic manager who knows more about the Hibs squad than the current manager.

Onceinawhile
27-02-2019, 12:26 PM
Absolutely. Win on Saturday and we’ve got a trip to Hampden to look forward to with the best team in the league knocked out. I’d take that over a league derby win every time.

And a guaranteed championship team in the draw (hopefully two!)

Steven79
27-02-2019, 12:28 PM
Would be nice ,but the stark fact is we now have a Celtic manager who knows more about the Hibs squad than the current manager.

He didn't know what to do with them when he was manager so hopefully that continues....

H18 SFR
27-02-2019, 12:30 PM
Mcgregor and Christie out of Saturday's game, this is on!

Col2
27-02-2019, 12:31 PM
Mcgregor and Christie out of Saturday's game, this is on!

Now that IS good news. Gives them energy and movement. Need to keep Forrest quiet.

Smartie
27-02-2019, 12:35 PM

The stark fact is that the man in the home dugout has managed to get as many wins for his side in the past week and a bit as his predecessor did in several months - and has the players looking like they want to play for him.

Lennon didn't even know how to get our current players playing when he was our manager, I'm not convinced he'll be that clued up on how to stop us now we've started playing.

Interesting to see that he's back down to the bare bones in midfield again. He didn't cope well with that at Hibs.

Lewiehas2
27-02-2019, 12:38 PM
He didn't know what to do with them when he was manager so hopefully that continues....

:thumbsup:

27-02-2019, 12:47 PM

Not that the players won't be fired up for it but the Lennon factor might fire them up just a wee bit more. Kamberi to score the winner.

Since452
27-02-2019, 12:48 PM
Tonight will be a good barometer of how the Celtic players respond to Lennon. Strange situation as he's gone in there while they're flying domestically so he wont need to boot their *****. Wonder if some of them will react negatively to a guy telling them how to play who left his last club 8th and in a bit of a shambles.

CLASS OF 72 -73
28-02-2019, 08:50 AM
Was looking very unlikely a month or so ago but with a happy team and momentum we might just do it:agree:

green day
28-02-2019, 08:55 AM
Dont think we will win the league, but maybe stop their cup run:greengrin

hibbie02
28-02-2019, 09:02 AM
Imagine the conspiracy theories at Darkheid if we knock them out of the Cup? Lennon will be accused as being a fifth columnist and a traitor. Pleasing! :greengrin

Pretty Boy
28-02-2019, 09:16 AM
I said it before but stopping the 'treble treble' or 'getting it up Lennon' are total sideshows as far as I'm concerned.

A win on Saturday gives us a fantastic chance of winning the cup for the 2nd time in 3 years. If Celtic go out then every team in the semi final will believe they have a real chance of both reaching the final and then winning the tournament.

Once Hibs are out then I couldn't really care who wins the cup. Celtic fans are insufferable bores at the best of times anyway but the alternative is likely to be one of Hearts, Rangers or Aberdeen winning it and that doesn't make me feel any better than hearing all about the treble ****ing treble for the next 5000 years.

wookie70
28-02-2019, 01:24 PM

Kennedy set them up against Hearts. Hopefully, Lennon takes full control now. Forrest won't be much cop at Centre Half. They looked very poor against a poor Hearts side with 10 men. We have every chance on Saturday

kdhibees1
28-02-2019, 03:41 PM
Kamberi anytime scorer. Put your house on it!!

Hibernia&Alba
28-02-2019, 03:51 PM
Stopping the treble treble would only be meaningful if we then went on to win the cup. Of course it would be classic Hibs to beat Celtic then lose in the semi-final!:greengrin

Diclonius
28-02-2019, 03:54 PM
Realistically, we're not favourites for the tie given the differences in resources between the two clubs.

However, we're in a much better position than we were when we beat them at ER in December and they're in a wee bit of turmoil themselves. Plus, a lot of our team will have a point to prove. Here's hoping!

neil7908
28-02-2019, 03:57 PM
Massive game for us with one of either Sevco or Aberdeen also going out.

I'd take a place in the Scottish Cup semi final over a league derby win without question.

Diclonius
28-02-2019, 03:59 PM
Massive game for us with one of either Sevco or Aberdeen also going out.

I'd take a place in the Scottish Cup semi final over a league derby win without question.

We get to Scottish Cup semi finals all the time though, they're getting boring. :wink:

I'd probably combust if we won at Tynecastle.

Hibernian32
28-02-2019, 04:01 PM
Stopping the treble treble would only be meaningful if we then went on to win the cup. Of course it would be classic Hibs to beat Celtic then lose in the semi-final!:greengrin
Typically we would beat Celtic then The rangers and get beat of thistle in the final

DickieDastardly
28-02-2019, 04:12 PM
Typically we would beat Celtic then The rangers and get beat of thistle in the final
Was certainly the way of it for many years, makes the good days great though.

Onion
28-02-2019, 05:25 PM
Stopping Celtic winning a Treble is an irrelevance. Only interested in Hibs.

Aim Here
28-02-2019, 05:41 PM

For Hibs to progress in the Cup, we have to stop the treble treble. It's the same thing, almost.

Saturday Boy
28-02-2019, 05:47 PM
Why is it that every time I read “treble treble “ I think of David Bowie?

Sir David Gray
28-02-2019, 06:21 PM

Just like 2004 when we beat Celtic in the League Cup quarter finals, Rangers in the semis and then lost to administration hit Livingston in the final...

DH1875
28-02-2019, 07:16 PM
Dont know why but feeling pretty confident about Saturday. I reckon we will beat them.

Steven79
28-02-2019, 07:25 PM
Dont know why but feeling pretty confident about Saturday. I reckon we will beat them.

Yeah I'm the same! We have beat them the last two times at Easter Road and we are on a new manager bounce and they have lost their manager and replaced him with a guy who we got rid of.

Johnny Clash
28-02-2019, 07:34 PM
Just like 2004 when we beat Celtic in the League Cup quarter finals, Rangers in the semis and then lost to administration hit Livingston in the final...

I think that was one of the lowest feelings ever. Walking back to the bus with my two young kids totally gutted. We had a great team too.

Anyway, Saturday is only about us progressing and getting back to Hamden ... nowt else matters.

Eyrie
28-02-2019, 08:45 PM

I've never left a Hibs game early, and never switched off a Hibs game on TV before the final whistle. That final remains the one exception.

Keith_M
28-02-2019, 08:57 PM
I think it will be a real challenge, especially with the inside knowledge Lennon has on most of our players, but not completely beyond us.

Topographic Hibby
28-02-2019, 09:14 PM
It’s a free shot.

Very few will expect us to win. They will expect to beat us. It’s a no lose situation. A chance for Heck to shape his troops against a top 6 side.

It’s an opportunity for us to see what our new management team and their slightly rejuvenated, reinvigorated side is made of. Possibly bookends the 2016 cup win too.

As I say, a free hit.

DetroitHibs
28-02-2019, 09:23 PM
The key is to hit Broonie early doors. Last two games he's banjoed Milligan and Slivka, then ran the show. Hit the prick early doors and put our stamp on the game.

B.H.F.C
28-02-2019, 09:34 PM
The key is to hit Broonie early doors. Last two games he's banjoed Milligan and Slivka, then ran the show. Hit the prick early doors and put our stamp on the game.

Last game at ER he should have been sent off early doors for a tackle on Slivka. But never kicked a ball for 90 minutes.

Hibernia&Alba
28-02-2019, 10:21 PM

That was a very dark day, as was the Ross County final. Should have won both.

chrisski33
28-02-2019, 10:40 PM
Sorry but celtic will be fired up too! Our players need to be fired up in every game now.

Greenfly
28-02-2019, 10:59 PM

Absolutely this - couldn't give a monkey's about stopping anyone's treble treble but I'd give a lot (monkeys or otherwise) about Hibs winning another cup. If we can get through this one there's a real chance. We're underdogs (sorry for mixing all these animals) but it's not impossible. GGTTH

:cup:

BoomtownHibees
01-03-2019, 10:23 AM

In what way did he “run the show” in the game he did Slivka?

majorhibs
01-03-2019, 09:16 PM
Circumstances recently give us a good chance Sat. A win would put confidence through the roof. Why anyone would be looking to “trade” anything for that would place Hibs under our new boss, completely baffles me! SC semi finalists, for I’d then be looking to go on & do big big things! Including trouncing poppytheives & after putting out favs & cup holders, winning that anaw! All starts the morn tho!

Green Cabbage 7
01-03-2019, 09:30 PM
I don’t care about them or the treble. I just want us to stand up be counted and win! GGTTH🇳🇬💚🇳🇬

Moulin Yarns
01-03-2019, 10:24 PM
Win tomorrow and it's a great chance to sing the Bowie classic

Treble, treble, your team is a mess,
Treble, treble, we couldn't care less.
Lennon, Lennon, you really ****ed up,
You could have led us to win the cup.

SMAXXA
01-03-2019, 10:54 PM
Regardless of the result tomorrow it won’t dampen my optimism as a result of the last few games and the new managements initial impact

tonyrougier123
01-03-2019, 11:08 PM
Neil lennon reffering to hibs supporters as the "hibs public"in his interview is testament to how he really feels about a set of supporters who got right behind him!!hope we show him tommorow in full voice that he can get it right roond his celtic puss,for that patronising comment alone.ggtth

Solonleith1
01-03-2019, 11:29 PM
It's been a good start but still concerned by frailties at the back. Lack of pace could be an issue at the back as their front 3 are lightning. Resist them out wide though and no reason why it can't be another win against them at ER.

B.H.F.C
01-03-2019, 11:42 PM
It's been a good start but still concerned by frailties at the back. Lack of pace could be an issue at the back as their front 3 are lightning. Resist them out wide though and no reason why it can't be another win against them at ER.

The defensive frailties are just something we will need to put up with until he can do something about it in the summer IMO.

Attack is our best form of defence.

Haymaker
02-03-2019, 02:10 AM

Should we do it there's a song there!

Hibrandenburg
02-03-2019, 08:47 AM
Glasgow Celtic, undermining Hibernian FC since 1888. Hope we cuff them.

Moulin Yarns
02-03-2019, 09:07 AM

Should we do it there's a song there!

You mean something like this

Treble, treble, your team is a mess,
Treble, treble, we couldn't care less.
Lennon, Lennon, you really ****ed up,
You could have led us to win the cup.

One Day
02-03-2019, 09:55 AM

This scenario would be great but any win will do

The Spaceman
02-03-2019, 10:13 AM
Would be amazing if we could take the piss out of the Green Brigade's banner.

Something like "You traded immortality for bigotry. Never a Hibee, always a fraud".

Northern Hibby
02-03-2019, 02:16 PM
Treble treble you didn't do it
Treble treble the Hibees stoped you
Treble treble you know it's true
Heckingbottom we love you so

wookie70
02-03-2019, 02:44 PM
Treble treble your dreams are a mess
Treble treble you lost now confess
Treble treble it's gone don't you know
Hibees we love you so

franck sauzee
02-03-2019, 02:57 PM
That was a very dark day, as was the Ross County final. Should have won both.

Because it was Livingston? We might as well not turn up today then because Celtic are the bigger team.

That day Livingston were head and shoulders above us. We played right into their hands lumping up long balls and Marvin Andrews mopped up every single one.

Also we didn't beat Livi that whole season. Was a disappointing day for sure but you can't just turn up to a game like that and expect to win

davhibby
02-03-2019, 03:09 PM
Because it was Livingston? We might as well not turn up today then because Celtic are the bigger team.

That day Livingston were head and shoulders above us. We played right into their hands lumping up long balls and Marvin Andrews mopped up every single one.

Also we didn't beat Livi that whole season. Was a disappointing day for sure but you can't just turn up to a game like that and expect to win

True, County final was much more disappointing because we were the better team that day imo

JimBHibees
02-03-2019, 03:26 PM

Quite simple Livingston were a better team than Hibs last season wasnt a huge shock they won to be honest.

Northern Hibby
02-03-2019, 03:56 PM

Onion
02-03-2019, 03:58 PM