PDA

View Full Version : And onto Perth

Billy Whizz
26-02-2019, 06:56 PM
Aside from everything else going on just now, Hibs have a very important league game against Perth Saints tomorrow
Win and we keep 6th spot for at least a fortnight, and a big boost before the Cup game. Our winning record in Perth isn’t great, about time to we did something about it!
Wonder if Hecky will stick with same starting line up as of last 2 games, or make the odd change or two.

Lancs Harp
26-02-2019, 06:59 PM
Our time at McDiarmid, long over due a win and with St Johnstone on a pretty dismal run I think we'll get the 3 points.

See you tomorrow Billy

Northernhibee
26-02-2019, 07:01 PM
Headed straight from work to there. Looking forward to it.

calumhibee1
26-02-2019, 07:02 PM
Is there a PATG? Won’t know until tomorrow afternoon if I’ll make it in time so haven’t bought a ticket..

Billy Whizz
26-02-2019, 07:02 PM
Our time at McDiarmid, long over due a win and with St Johnstone on a pretty dismal run I think we'll get the 3 points.

See you tomorrow Billy

I agree, see you tomorrow LH

Carheenlea
26-02-2019, 07:05 PM
Is there a PATG? Won’t know until tomorrow afternoon if I’ll make it in time so haven’t bought a ticket..

Yes, PATG confirmed on official site.

Billy Whizz
26-02-2019, 07:09 PM

Looks like we’re taking a big support up tomorrow

calumhibee1
26-02-2019, 07:11 PM

Thank you sir :aok:

Hermit Crab
26-02-2019, 07:14 PM
We are due a win there, too many draws against that mob despite dominating games, they seem to have the edge on us at ER a well.

bingo70
26-02-2019, 07:14 PM
I think we looked a bit suspect at the back on Friday night so wouldn’t surprise me to see Darnell Johnson come in for Daz or Hanlon (probably Daz).

Other than that i hope it’s the same line up as previous weeks.

B.H.F.C
26-02-2019, 07:54 PM
Win and I’m pretty sure we’ll make top six.

Potential to close the gap on Hearts to three points.

A win would really build some momentum for us to take in to the cup game. And would see an upturn in ticket sales for that as well.

Big game.

bingo70
26-02-2019, 08:01 PM

A win would really build some momentum for us to take in to the cup game. And would see an upturn in ticket sales for that as well.

Big game.

Yeah, would be superb if we were to get the three points.

Working on the premise we can’t win every week I think a draw tomorrow night would be a decent enough result. We don’t need to win tomorrow, even with a draw we’ve built up some decent momentum recently and I’d still fancy us to finish above them. Catching Hearts could become a real possibility if we were to win though.

Hibernian Verse
26-02-2019, 08:02 PM
Given Killies stuttering form this could be an opportunity to go within 5 points of a European place.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
26-02-2019, 08:05 PM
Given Killies stuttering form this could be an opportunity to go within 5 points of a European place.

4th only gets Europe if one of the top 3 wins the Scottish Cup.

BoomtownHibees

Which is very likely. Unless it’s us of course

Billy Whizz

Big game.

Double whammy, great result for Hibs, and heaps of pressure on Potter!

Saturday will look after itself

sauzee=legend
26-02-2019, 08:07 PM
I think we looked a bit suspect at the back on Friday night so wouldn’t surprise me to see Darnell Johnson come in for Daz or Hanlon (probably Daz).

Other than that i hope it’s the same line up as previous weeks.

Thought Daz has a been a rock the last few games.
Hanlon was twice out of position for the 2 goals against Dundee - gets attracted to the ball and then leaves a space behind him... hence the on both goals Stevenson was trying to get round to cover

bigwheel
26-02-2019, 08:09 PM
Hanlon was twice out of position for the 2 goals against Dundee - gets attracted to the ball and then leaves a space behind him... hence the on both goals Stevenson was trying to get round to cover

lots of pace upfront for Saints...think it will be a real test for our CH's.... will be an interesting match up

B.H.F.C
26-02-2019, 08:12 PM
Yeah, would be superb if we were to get the three points.

Working on the premise we can’t win every week I think a draw tomorrow night would be a decent enough result. We don’t need to win tomorrow, even with a draw we’ve built up some decent momentum recently and I’d still fancy us to finish above them. Catching Hearts could become a real possibility if we were to win though.

A draw wouldn’t be a disaster. But a win makes it possible to do better than simply scrape in to the top six IMO.

CathroMustStay
26-02-2019, 08:45 PM
Any win will suffice!

:flag:

Hibees1973
26-02-2019, 08:51 PM
Hmmmm....they are a real bogey team for us.

With fixtures running out and the games St Johnstone have left this is a ‘must no lose’ game for me. if they get 3 points ahead of us I fear we won’t catch them and end up bottom 6.

Need to be more composed at the back for this one as they are much better than Dundee.

We are capable of a win with a the Kamberi/McNulty partnership, but right now I would be delighted with a point, no injuries and suspensions. This would set us up for the QF against Celtic on Saturday night.

Would be great if Hearts soften up a Celtic tomorrow night. With the big lumps Hearts have would be great if they crock Broony, Forrest and one or two others.

StevieC
26-02-2019, 08:53 PM

Don't get your hopes up .. I have lived in Perth 28 years and I have only witnessed 4 wins (Yes, just 4 wins!) at McDiarmid Park!

I've not had an easy time of it up here when it comes to our football rivalry!

Lancs Harp
26-02-2019, 08:54 PM
Don't get your hopes up .. I have lived in Perth 28 years and I have only witnessed 4 wins (Yes, just 4 wins!) at McDiarmid Park!

It changes tomorrow fella. Believe. :wink:

StevieC
26-02-2019, 09:17 PM
It changes tomorrow fella. Believe. :wink:

I've believed in every game for the last 28 years .. and I will be heading to the game with my 13 year old son tomorrow hoping he will have the bragging rights at school on Thursday!

PatHead
26-02-2019, 09:54 PM
We have goalscorers in the team which will give us a fighters chance.

My_Wife_Camille
26-02-2019, 10:02 PM
We’re a bit of a bogey team for them at their place. They’ve only beaten us there once in 8 years.

That added to their poor form and our recent upturn makes it a perfect recipe for a 1-1 draw

nairn hibee
26-02-2019, 10:06 PM
Game on alba at 10pm

Hermit Crab
27-02-2019, 06:11 AM
We’re a bit of a bogey team for them at their place. They’ve only beaten us there once in 8 years.

That added to their poor form and our recent upturn makes it a perfect recipe for a 1-1 draw

A 5-1 slaughtering on a Tuesday or Wednesday night? Stokes with our goal that night IIRC.

BoomtownHibees
27-02-2019, 06:14 AM
A 5-1 slaughtering on a Tuesday or Wednesday night? Stokes with our goal that night IIRC.

Na that was back in 2010 with a 2-0 defeat in the same year. Another 2-0 defeat in 2014 was the one but there was also a 3-1 defeat in 2011 if we are talking about the “8 years”

Hermit Crab
27-02-2019, 06:18 AM
Na that was back in 2010 with a 2-0 defeat in the same year. Another 2-0 defeat in 2014 was the one but there was also a 3-1 defeat in 2011 if we are talking about the “8 years”

Was it it that long ago? Still remember it, I was down the front screaming at the team. Disgraceful performance that night.

Diclonius
27-02-2019, 06:20 AM
Aye but what about Neil Lennon? :dunno:

Tough game tonight. A real test of our new manager.

BoomtownHibees
27-02-2019, 06:20 AM
Was it it that long ago? Still remember it, I was down the front screaming at the team. Disgraceful performance that night.

It was terrible. I’m sure that 2-0 defeat in the same year (different season) was Yogi’s last game

CMurdoch
27-02-2019, 11:31 AM

Big game.

:aok: on the money.
A win is a must given St Johnstone's easier run in. This our only direct chance to damage their chances. We need to take it.
They lost a lot of games recently but most of them were to Celtic so not reading much into that especially after a good draw for them at Ibrox on Saturday.

Tonight is a decent step up from beating the bottom 3.
Having said that McNulty really looks the part now and is very good at finding space in the box.
I feel certain he will score.

Leaving for Perth in a couple of hours :flag:

I'm Spartacus
27-02-2019, 11:48 AM
Biggest game of the season for us, it's your trademark MUST WIN!!

Hiber-nation
27-02-2019, 12:18 PM

I'm sure Daniel Boateng played in the 2014 game. Horrendous!

Hibernian Verse
27-02-2019, 12:24 PM

So...

Keith_M
27-02-2019, 12:27 PM

HC, do you actually enjoy dwelling on the negatives?

:confused:

hibee_nation
27-02-2019, 12:34 PM
HC, do you actually enjoy dwelling on the negatives?

:confused:

Think we all know the answer to that one. It was quite funny when he came back after a lay off and tried to be positive, lasted about 3 days :greengrin

JimBHibees
27-02-2019, 01:48 PM
Think we all know the answer to that one. It was quite funny when he came back after a lay off and tried to be positive, lasted about 3 minutes :greengrin

Corrected that one. :greengrin

Diclonius
27-02-2019, 01:51 PM

That was my first trip there. Up until then we'd had a great season and it was all downhill from there. Absolutely abysmal game.

I hate going to that stadium, never actually seen us win there.

green with envy
27-02-2019, 01:55 PM

Do you remember the game that got snowed off at around KO time? From memory there was not a bit of snow at 2.30 and within half 'n hour it blootered down.

I'm sure we got hammered in the rearranged game something like 4-0:confused:

Crab apple
27-02-2019, 01:57 PM
That was my first trip there. Up until then we'd had a great season and it was all downhill from there. Absolutely abysmal game.

I knew it was going to be a bad night when a wee guy behind the goals got hit full on the face from a wayward shot from one of our forwards in the pre match warm up which had screamed miles over the bar.

Greenbeard
27-02-2019, 02:01 PM
:aok: on the money.
A win is a must given St Johnstone's easier run in. This our only direct chance to damage their chances. We need to take it.
They lost a lot of games recently but most of them were to Celtic so not reading much into that especially after a good draw for them at Ibrox on Saturday.

Tonight is a decent step up from beating the bottom 3.
Having said that McNulty really looks the part now and is very good at finding space in the box.
I feel certain he will score.

Leaving for Perth in a couple of hours :flag:
Agree.Win tonight and I'd say top six is probable. Draw tonight and top six would be possible but we would need one or two results from either side in the remaining fixtures to go against the form book. Lose tonight and top six is improbable (but not impossible). Do these possibilities make sense? Probably.

Peevemor
27-02-2019, 02:14 PM

My first away match in Perth was at Muirton Park. We won 3-0 with goals from Willie Irvine (the original), Bobby Thomson & Benny of all people.

green with envy
27-02-2019, 02:26 PM
My first away match in Perth was at Muirton Park. We won 3-0 with goals from Willie Irvine (the original), Bobby Thomson & Benny of all people.

Muirton Park was also my first away game circa '74. I had just turned 12. Me and a mate jumped on a bus from the Hibs club and we never got charged, we got a lift over at the game and we won 2-0. Due to this being a cheap day, I started going to almost every away game after that.:greengrin I'm sure it was a League cup section game and remember Jimmy O'Rourke scoring one of the goals.

Lago
27-02-2019, 03:03 PM
Do you remember the game that got snowed off at around KO time? From memory there was not a bit of snow at 2.30 and within half 'n hour it blootered down.

I'm sure we got hammered in the rearranged game something like 4-0:confused:
I was actually sitting in the stadium when it was called off 🤬

Moulin Yarns
27-02-2019, 03:05 PM
I was actually sitting in the stadium when it was called off 🤬

so was I. watching the ref trying to bounce and roll the ball in various parts of the pitch. You knew it was useless.

King Dominique
27-02-2019, 03:23 PM
2-0 Hibs tonight to continue the Hibs -1 winners I've had in the last two. May the streak continue. Just 20 tonight though... not as sure as I was against Dundee or Hamilton.

Speedway
27-02-2019, 03:42 PM

Agreed. If either of the CH's is to be replaced its Hanlon.

Bartley and Johnson back in contention tonight.

Gauld, Boyle, Pong and Porto remain sidelined.

Here’s Lucy!
27-02-2019, 04:02 PM
2-2 the night.

Springbank
27-02-2019, 04:31 PM
2-2 the night.

saints have only scored 2 goals in the whole of january & february combined

matty_f
27-02-2019, 04:35 PM
Just about to leave for the game, really looking forward to it. A win tonight could have a huge bearing on how our session goes.

cabbageandribs1875
27-02-2019, 04:41 PM
i saw us beat st.johnstone 7-1 in 1972 :flag:

i've got that much faith that we will win tonight i've even had a wee bet on us :agree:

SJNB Hibby
27-02-2019, 04:44 PM

Now youve done it:rolleyes:

Hibernian Verse
27-02-2019, 04:48 PM
Now youve done it:rolleyes:Stick on to beat us 1-0 tonight.

Hopefully not though, just away to leave!

theonlywayisup
27-02-2019, 04:53 PM
Not been at McDairmid park (apart from work meetings or wee boys football) since.............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8516627.stm

What a disaster of an evening that was!

Speedway
27-02-2019, 04:54 PM
Just about to leave for the game, really looking forward to it. A win tonight could have a huge bearing on how our session goes.

Are you on the bevvy straight after, aye?

Here’s Lucy!
27-02-2019, 04:55 PM

4 after tonight then.:na na:

Greenbeard
27-02-2019, 05:18 PM
Was Private Frazer a Hibbie?21750

davhibby
27-02-2019, 05:23 PM
Since this thread is full of bad omens, thought I'd add another. We've not won a game that's been shown delayed on Alba yet this season. Hopefully that changes tonight

StevieC
27-02-2019, 10:54 PM

Make that 5 wins :wink:

Honestly thought we'd struggle to hang on for a draw after the sending off .. couldn't be happier!

green with envy
28-02-2019, 07:07 AM
i saw us beat st.johnstone 7-1 in 1972 :flag:

i've got that much faith that we will win tonight i've even had a wee bet on us :agree:

I'll trump you by saying that I saw us beat St Johnstone 9-2 in 1976.:greengrin