PDA

View Full Version : Nik Gunnarsson

Unseen work
26-02-2019, 05:29 PM
Linked with joining Aberdeen as he is out of contract and they need cover.

imagine it was cause a bit of uproar if he joined them.

sean04
26-02-2019, 05:35 PM
He ruled out a move back to Scotland in Jan transfer window

Beefster
26-02-2019, 05:44 PM
Internet suggests he signed for Palermo at the end of January.

SquashedFrogg
26-02-2019, 05:53 PM
He ruled out a move back to Scotland in Jan transfer window

But it's Feb now?

DetroitHibs
26-02-2019, 05:54 PM
He was average at best.

sean04
26-02-2019, 05:58 PM
But it's Feb now?

I'm sure it was the evening news that interviewed him. His contract was up at his club but didnt want to return to Scotland

Stevie Reid
26-02-2019, 05:58 PM
Sounds like he's maybe trying to get his contract terminated - but as he wasn't a free agent before the window shuts, wouldn't that rule out a move to Aberdeen?

https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-b/palermo-gunnarsson-acquisto-fantasma-si-lavora-per-la-rescissione-1215881

Stuart93
26-02-2019, 06:00 PM

Why would it cause uproar?

Northernhibee
26-02-2019, 06:01 PM
He was average at best.

Entirely disagree. Big solid defender with technical ability and read the game well.

Franck Stanton
26-02-2019, 06:13 PM
Entirely disagree. Big solid defender with technical ability and read the game well.

Me too also. Good player who I would welcome back.

hfc rd
26-02-2019, 06:17 PM
He was average at best.

Totally disagree.

He was a versatile, solid defender. Always did a good job when called upon.

Captain Trips
26-02-2019, 06:21 PM

I think uproar is a bit strong. I for one wouldnt really be arsed.

DetroitHibs
26-02-2019, 06:47 PM

Didn't see anything special from him. He played 15 games in the championship, we have better in Porteous.

HoboHarry
26-02-2019, 06:48 PM
Sounds like he's maybe trying to get his contract terminated - but as he wasn't a free agent before the window shuts, wouldn't that rule out a move to Aberdeen?

https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-b/palermo-gunnarsson-acquisto-fantasma-si-lavora-per-la-rescissione-1215881
If he was under contract when the window closed he can't play until next season.

Onceinawhile
26-02-2019, 06:54 PM
When he was first here he was behind peak form Liam Fontaine, peak form Darren McGregor and Peak form Paul Hanlon.

We now have no Fontaine, a 3 year older McGregor and a Hanlon who is playing terribly plus an injured Porteous.

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

HoboHarry
26-02-2019, 06:57 PM
When he was first here he was behind peak form Liam Fontaine, peak form Darren McGregor and Peak form Paul Hanlon.

We now have no Fontaine, a 3 year older McGregor and a Hanlon who is playing terribly plus an injured Porteous.

I'd take him in a heartbeat.
To watch him sit in the stands until next season? He wasn't a free agent when the window closed.......

Mick O'Rourke
26-02-2019, 07:34 PM
He made a couple of important decisions /tackles in the Cup Final in the short time he was on.

I wont forget him hitting his own bar in the "10 to go" game !

Still get a cold sweat when i see that.
We all thought it was going in.
Well, the jambos did !
We got a couple of (deserved) breaks in that game.

His ability at long shy's deep in the opposition half were like getting a corner kick.

He did not play many games for us,but nonetheless a very good spell he had.

Not to mention his goal against the new club from Govan.

Would be a good addition to the squad, if he is minded to return to Scotland.

MWHIBBIES
26-02-2019, 07:49 PM
He was average at best.

No, he was a Scottish cup winner at best.

Hermit Crab
26-02-2019, 07:57 PM
He was average at best.

Absolute garbage that statement, he was, and still is more than good enough for us.

Northernhibee
26-02-2019, 08:02 PM
Didn't see anything special from him. He played 15 games in the championship, we have better in Porteous.
Porteous is crocked, so right now no we don’t.

04Sauzee
26-02-2019, 08:10 PM
Porteous is crocked, so right now no we don’t.

We have Darnell who will hopefully prove to be a good signing

DetroitHibs
26-02-2019, 08:15 PM
Absolute garbage that statement, he was, and still is more than good enough for us.

Your statement is even more garbage. What have you seen of him recently that says he's still good enough for us? He played in the championship for us and doesn't have a team right now, what does that say?

Hermit Crab
26-02-2019, 08:18 PM
Your statement is even more garbage. What have you seen of him recently that says he's still good enough for us? He played in the championship for us and doesn't have a team right now, what does that say?

A lot more than you've seen from Detroit matey. He's a good player and would take him back in a minute.

Beefster
26-02-2019, 08:19 PM
Gunnarsson will always be part of the cup win but I don’t really remember him being much more than competent. He does seem to become exponentially better the more time passes since he last played for us though.

Tynie01011973
26-02-2019, 08:28 PM
He made a couple of important decisions /tackles in the Cup Final in the short time he was on.

I wont forget him hitting his own bar in the "10 to go" game !
Still get a cold sweat when i see that.
We all thought it was going in.
Well, the jambos did !
We got a couple of (deserved) breaks in that game.

His ability at long shy's deep in the opposition half were like getting a corner kick.

He did not play many games for us,but nonetheless a very good spell he had.

Not to mention his goal against the new club from Govan.

Would be a good addition to the squad, if he is minded to return to Scotland.

Spot on 👍

DetroitHibs
26-02-2019, 08:39 PM
A lot more than you've seen from Detroit matey. He's a good player and would take him back in a minute.

Chop it up to a difference of opinion. I don't think he's a bad player, just not good enough for a club that have ambitions of top 4 in the SPL.

O'Rourke3
26-02-2019, 10:00 PM
Entirely disagree. Big solid defender with technical ability and read the game well.Don't feed the troll...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
26-02-2019, 10:03 PM
He played a huge part in getting us back in the game at Tynecastle. The incident when he hit our bar was also a great covering challenge and he got the break he deserved.

RB and CB are areas that need addressed and I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Hibee Mac
26-02-2019, 10:29 PM
He played a huge part in getting us back in the game at Tynecastle. The incident when he hit our bar was also a great covering challenge and he got the break he deserved.

RB and CB are areas that need addressed and I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Agreed RE the covering tackle. People make it out as if he got lucky not to score an OG and that's all there was to it. Had he not got to that ball first it was a surefire goal for them.

04Sauzee
26-02-2019, 10:37 PM
Aberdeen just announced the signing of Greg Halford.

The Modfather
26-02-2019, 10:39 PM
Gunnarsson will always be part of the cup win but I don’t really remember him being much more than competent. He does seem to become exponentially better the more time passes since he last played for us though.

Yep. I don’t really remember much about him other than I was at his debut at Raith, his Tynecastle clearance and coming on in the cup final. Can’t say I remember him standing out enough to proclaim him as either good or bad.

tamig
26-02-2019, 10:43 PM
Yep. I don’t really remember much about him other than I was at his debut at Raith, his Tynecastle clearance and coming on in the cup final. Can’t say I remember him standing out enough to proclaim him as either good or bad.

Did he not score a cracking goal against the hun too?

HAZ2000
26-02-2019, 10:44 PM
Did he not score a cracking goal against the hun too?

Volley top corner

SlickShoes
26-02-2019, 11:02 PM
Folk can’t even remember the good things he done so he’s hardly likely to get a chance from anyone here because of that oddly.

Since leaving us he’s been doing quite well so no idea why people seem to think he’s not good enough.

I am loving how as time passes people gradually like members of our cup winning squad less and less, truly baffling stuff.

Iain G
26-02-2019, 11:07 PM
Aberdeen just announced the signing of Greg Halford.

Greg from Halfords?

The_Horde
26-02-2019, 11:44 PM
Greg from Halfords?

Aye but he's 6'4 so of course Aberdeen want him.

bigwheel
26-02-2019, 11:57 PM
I’d take gunnarsson back. Looked
Good enough to get game time back then - we have less strength in depth , players aren’t on as good form , and he has likely developed in the meantime. ...

DetroitHibs
27-02-2019, 01:45 AM
Don't feed the troll...

So anyone that disagrees with you is a troll? You sound like a silly little school boy with those comments. He's career has hardly taken off since he left us and I don't think he'd improve us. We have significant cover with the lad from Leicester and I don't think he'd improve us. He was decent in his spell with us, but that was in the championship. Like I said, I don't think he's good enough for a team that's striving to be in the top half of the SPL. We should be striving to improve the squad, not fill it with fillers. I'd much rather we be looking at defenders that are BETTER than what we have.

CropleyWasGod
27-02-2019, 05:24 AM
Greg from Halfords?

On your bike.

Onion
27-02-2019, 06:33 AM
He was average at best.

Harsh.

Cup Winning Hero 2016.

BILLYHIBS
27-02-2019, 06:48 AM
So anyone that disagrees with you is a troll? You sound like a silly little school boy with those comments. He's career has hardly taken off since he left us and I don't think he'd improve us. We have significant cover with the lad from Leicester and I don't think he'd improve us. He was decent in his spell with us, but that was in the championship. Like I said, I don't think he's good enough for a team that's striving to be in the top half of the SPL. We should be striving to improve the squad, not fill it with fillers. I'd much rather we be looking at defenders that are BETTER than what we have.

Swedish Cup Final 10/5/2018

Djurgarden 3 v 0 Malmo

Also remember him scoring the winner versus Der Hun in a 3-2 win at Easter Road in a dress rehearsal for the 2016 Scottish Cup Final

Forever a Scottish Cup winning hero

:not worth

DetroitHibs
27-02-2019, 07:11 AM
Swedish Cup Final 10/5/2018

Djurgarden 3 v 0 Malmo

Also remember him scoring the winner versus Der Hun in a 3-2 win at Easter Road in a dress rehearsal for the 2016 Scottish Cup Final

Forever a Scottish Cup winning hero

:not worth

Stokes is also a Scottish Cup winning hero, how did that turn out?

This place is bonkers with the love in for bringing back ex players. He's all of the above, I just don't think he's some amazing defender that could improve our starting line up. I don't want players to come warm the bench, I want us to sign players that replace the current players and have them on the bench.

BILLYHIBS
27-02-2019, 07:29 AM
Stokes is also a Scottish Cup winning hero, how did that turn out?

This place is bonkers with the love in for bringing back ex players. He's all of the above, I just don't think he's some amazing defender that could improve our starting line up. I don't want players to come warm the bench, I want us to sign players that replace the current players and have them on the bench.

Never said I wanted Stokes or Gunnerson back ( who mentioned Stokes?) :confused:

Both Scottish Cup winning heroes FACT!

My post was in response to the poster who said Gunnarsson had done nothing since leaving HIBS

He won the Swedish Cup In 2018 beating our nemesis Malmo in the final 2018. FACT!

I wish the boy all the best in his future career but as others have said we have Darnell Johnson now

SChibs
27-02-2019, 07:48 AM

I'd argue he is better than Macgregor. Given they are very different in style but I reckon gunnarsson would offer us more going forward and in the future

DetroitHibs
27-02-2019, 07:49 AM
Never said I wanted Stokes or Gunnerson back ( who mentioned Stokes?) :confused:

Both Scottish Cup winning heroes FACT!

My post was in response to the poster who said Gunnarsson had done nothing since leaving HIBS

He won the Swedish Cup In 2018 beating our nemesis Malmo in the final 2018. FACT!

I wish the boy all the best in his future career but as others have said we have Darnell Johnson now

Sorry for the confusion, I just saw it was my post you quoted. I hope both do well also :aok:

BILLYHIBS
27-02-2019, 07:54 AM
Sorry for the confusion, I just saw it was my post you quoted. I hope both do well also :aok:

:thumbsup:

jacomo
27-02-2019, 08:01 AM

:agree:

Total garbage, not sure why you even bothered to reply to it.

green with envy
27-02-2019, 08:46 AM

As would I. Only good things that I remember from his time here.

worcesterhibby
27-02-2019, 08:49 AM
Greg from Halfords?

No, Mr Halford from Greggs

anon1875
27-02-2019, 10:07 AM
Gunnarson would be a quality signing. Bring him home.

Geo_1875
27-02-2019, 10:30 AM
As would I. Only good things that I remember from his time here.

From what I remember of him he was a solid defender and comfortable with the ball. If he's fit he'd get a place in our back 4/5.

Cabbage East
27-02-2019, 10:33 AM
He was average at best.

He was a good player. Hardly average.

oldbutdim
27-02-2019, 10:41 AM
Looked a real cool dude on the open top bus.
:cool2:

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2019, 10:42 AM
He was a good player. Hardly average.He wasn't just average according to that poster. He was average at best. Like when he was smashing in that volley vs the huns, he was average. When he was playing a part in a brilliant comeback at Tynecastle he was average. When he was lifting the Scottish cup he was average. Otherwise he was below average. Laughable opinion really.

O'Rourke3
27-02-2019, 09:54 PM
So anyone that disagrees with you is a troll? You sound like a silly little school boy with those comments. He's career has hardly taken off since he left us and I don't think he'd improve us. We have significant cover with the lad from Leicester and I don't think he'd improve us. He was decent in his spell with us, but that was in the championship. Like I said, I don't think he's good enough for a team that's striving to be in the top half of the SPL. We should be striving to improve the squad, not fill it with fillers. I'd much rather we be looking at defenders that are BETTER than what we have.Yes because my post history is littered with me calling out trolling because I disagree with posters. Usually in the close season as I get to stay up later, buddy. At least the jambos got a doing tonight though, eh? Please play the ignore me card next.

DetroitHibs
27-02-2019, 10:29 PM
Yes because my post history is littered with me calling out trolling because I disagree with posters. Usually in the close season as I get to stay up later, buddy. At least the jambos got a doing tonight though, eh? Please play the ignore me card next.

So who was your post ignore the troll aimed at? I'm not trolling, simply don't rate a player as highly as some of the rest of our fans. What happens round these parts is, when someone disagrees, they are shouted down. Garbage post, troll etc. They have to revert to put downs rather than debate, kinda how the world is going right now.

Do you not think if he was he was better than average, he'd be playing regular football for a decent team right now?

O'Rourke3
27-02-2019, 10:33 PM
So who was your post ignore the troll aimed at? I'm not trolling, simply don't rate a player as highly as some of the rest of our fans. What happens round these parts is, when someone disagrees, they are shouted down. Garbage post, troll etc. They have to revert to put downs rather than debate, kinda how the world is going right now.

Do you not think if he was he was better than average, he'd be playing regular football for a decent team right now?Oh it was aimed at you. No probs there. The rest of your post is blah blah blah blah. Accept and move on.

overdrive
28-02-2019, 12:02 AM
Excellent player and I’d gladly have him in the team ahead of Hanlon at the moment.

monktonharp
28-02-2019, 12:15 AM
Aberdeen just announced the signing of Greg Halford.good for them. I'd like big Gunni, and we all know we defo need cover there. watching on tv tonight and was less than inmpressed by 2 of our defenders. love the 2 of them but Hanlon and Stevenson looked shaky. added to that , Gray looked sluggish first half, and does not have the legs to catch younger players