PDA

View Full Version : 'Tin foil' hats?

Alan62
26-02-2019, 02:50 PM
Over the past few weeks, I've seen a fair few references to 'tin foil' hats.

Until recently, references were pretty much always to tin hats - a World War 1 reference to the soldier's steel helmet which offered protection against bombardment - and a suitable metaphor for the fallout that often followed a bombshell statement on Hibs.net.

The 'tin foil' hat, though, is a hokey cure for thwarting cosmic rays, kind of retro space age like the future as seen from the distant past.

Anyway to get to my point which hat best combats Hibs.net fallout the good old tin hat or the new-fangled tin foil hat?

SRHibs
26-02-2019, 02:58 PM
Tin hat for the Lennon Detractors.
Tin foil hat for the #LennonKnew conspiracy theorists.
No hat for the Lennon Fan Club.

Bostonhibby
26-02-2019, 03:08 PM
Over the past few weeks, I've seen a fair few references to 'tin foil' hats.

Until recently, references were pretty much always to tin hats - a World War 1 reference to the soldier's steel helmet which offered protection against bombardment - and a suitable metaphor for the fallout that often followed a bombshell statement on Hibs.net.

The 'tin foil' hat, though, is a hokey cure for thwarting cosmic rays, kind of retro space age like the future as seen from the distant past.

Anyway to get to my point which hat best combats Hibs.net fallout the good old tin hat or the new-fangled tin foil hat?I always thought the tin foil was to make sure the content inside was fully baked through?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

worcesterhibby
26-02-2019, 03:11 PM

The bloke on the right knew all along !

#Lennonknew

Peevemor
26-02-2019, 03:15 PM
Tin foil hats are standard issue for conspiracy theorists to prevent the passage of mind reading or altering waves to or from their brain.

tonyrougier123
26-02-2019, 03:15 PM
Listen guys conspiracy or no.its back to neil lennon ur a ****** ur a ******.😎

HoboHarry
26-02-2019, 03:21 PM
I always thought the tin foil was to make sure the content inside was fully baked through?

Watching the telly I thought its only real purpose nowadays was drug taking.....

Bostonhibby
26-02-2019, 03:31 PM
Watching the telly I thought its only real purpose nowadays was drug taking.....It's certainly one explanation, on this occasion I'm guessing the drugs are rubbed on the heid and absorbed from there?

Just asking for a friend.

HoboHarry
26-02-2019, 03:34 PM
It's certainly one explanation, on this occasion I'm guessing the drugs are rubbed on the heid and absorbed from there?

Just asking for a friend.

Drugs couldn't be absorbed into some of the granite heided posters on this forum.......

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 03:41 PM
Drugs couldn't be absorbed into some of the granite heided posters on this forum.......

Nae need.

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2019, 04:56 PM
The tin foil hat is designed to prevent the government (or some other authority) transmitting mind altering radio waves in to the brain. It's standard issue for the most paranoid of conspiracy theorists. I wear mine every time Craig Thomson referees a Hibs game.

Wilson
26-02-2019, 05:18 PM
No hat for the Lennon Fan Club.

I'd suggest a dunce cap.

heretoday
27-02-2019, 03:13 AM
If you line your shoes with tin foil your feet stay warmer. The same tactics applied to your hat will surely result in a hot head.