PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers Gone, Lennie back to Celtc (merged threads)

Pages : [1] 2 3

MB62
26-02-2019, 08:49 AM
According to Forth One breaking news. Brendan Rodgers has left for Leicester and Lennie is to take over as interim manager at Darkheid.

Gatecrasher
26-02-2019, 08:52 AM
If true Saturday just got even more interesting. Come on Heckie!

PatHead
26-02-2019, 08:52 AM
BBC reporting he is in talks with Leicester

green day
26-02-2019, 08:53 AM
Whos Lennie?

Hibee87
26-02-2019, 08:54 AM
Whos Lennie?

Georges mentally challenged brother.

Vault Boy
26-02-2019, 08:55 AM
Scottish football is almost unbelievable at times!

Lennon will have more knowledge about us than any opposition manager in history, will be a really interesting test. The atmosphere will be electric.

MB62
STV also reporting this.

CRAZYHIBBY
Its been on the cards for weeks and lenny was suposed to have met with lawwell for lunch the week before he was mutually dismissed .....wonder what will happen with allan now ...can he cancel his pre contract

Hibernian Verse
26-02-2019, 08:56 AM
Its been on the cards for weeks and lenny was suposed to have met with lawwell for lunch the week before he was mutually dismissed .....wonder what will happen with allan now ...can he cancel his pre contract

Regardless of whether he can or can't, he's not good enough to play for Celtic if they have European ambitions next season.

DetroitHibs
26-02-2019, 08:57 AM
This could be fun :shocked:

jonty
26-02-2019, 08:57 AM
and he's not cup-tied? who wrote these contracts!

PETRIE!!!!!!

CropleyWasGod
26-02-2019, 08:58 AM

That'll sort out the mice from the men.

MWHIBBIES
Saturday just got harder.

DetroitHibs

Who's gonna tend to the rabbits?

Scouse Hibee
26-02-2019, 08:59 AM
According to Forth One breaking news. Brendan Rodgers has left for Leicester and Lennie is to take over as interim manager at Darkheid.

Herald reporting the same

douglashibs
Would Lennon really want to subject himself again to the inevitable sectarian bile? It would end in tears, but perhaps the temptation is just too much.

3pm
Get yer tickets!! 😂

Springbank
26-02-2019, 09:02 AM
I hope Neil Lennon has THE WORST Saturday night of his fxxxing life this saturday.

disrespectful bxstard

Peevemor
I'm not sure that Celtic would want him back.

St.Kristopher

Would this save us any money?

Peevemor
26-02-2019, 09:03 AM
I hope Neil Lennon has THE WORST Saturday night of his fxxxing life this saturday.

disrespectful bxstard

He hasn't done anything "wrong" yet.

Callum_62
26-02-2019, 09:04 AM
Even if he takes the celtic job how has he done anything wrong?

[emoji2357]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davy Mac
26-02-2019, 09:04 AM
Tell you what, I smell shxte, did Lennie get the heads up on this one? One for the conspiracy theorists......

hibee_girl
26-02-2019, 09:05 AM
Jake Humphrey on Twitter saying they've known for weeks that Rodgers going to Leicester was on the cards.

Hibeesmad
26-02-2019, 09:06 AM
Some on here might consider this a bad appointment for Celtic, be interesting to see how Lenny gets on

Diclonius
26-02-2019, 09:07 AM
Good. Hopefully we'll stop being so syncophantic towards him now and focus on backing our new manager.

jeffers
26-02-2019, 09:07 AM
Just hope they can match his ambition.

J-C
26-02-2019, 09:08 AM
Tell you what, I smell shxte, did Lennie get the heads up on this one? One for the conspiracy theorists......

Sat here reading these posts and starting thinking the same myself, did Lennon know what was coming and worked his ticket, things not going great here, getting disillusioned maybe at Hibs and the lure of Darkheid again where he's idolised.

JXM73
26-02-2019, 09:09 AM
Cheer up neil lennon,
Oh what can it be,
To a fat ginger *******
And a **** football team....

See you can sing that song without lowering yourself to the bigotmongers level...

Coco Bryce
26-02-2019, 09:11 AM
Steve Clarke will be their No.1 target.

Hibeesmad
26-02-2019, 09:11 AM
Might see Scott Allan play at Easter Road on Saturday

blackpoolhibs
26-02-2019, 09:13 AM
And so the conspiracy theory's start. :greengrin

norhfc
26-02-2019, 09:14 AM
we will get a clue in how quickly they appoint their new manager.

Barney McGrew
26-02-2019, 09:14 AM
Jake Humphrey on Twitter saying they've known for weeks that Rodgers going to Leicester was on the cards.

Guaranteed.

Theres no way that Puel gets bulleted, Rodgers replaces him and Lennon is in at Parkhead within 24 hours unless it’s all been teed up well in advance.

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 09:16 AM
To say that I'll be angry if Lennon gets the Celtic job is an understatement.

It'll say to me that Rogers was tapped up weeks ago and in turn, Celtic tapped up NL.

He then set about working his ticket, culminating in the dressing room fracas and following incident which saw him suspended.

Hibs would be furious, but they won't say anything because the contracts weren't paid up and they wouldn't want to undermine our new coach.

However, all the respect I had for Lennon, and it was considerable, will go.

But surely he's not that sort of person? He wouldn't be so brazen, would he?

pacoluna
Guaranteed.

Theres no way that Puel gets bulleted, Rodgers replaces him and Lennon is in at Parkhead within 24 hours unless it’s all been teed up well in advance.

Surely our board wouldn't be played as easily as that :greengrin

Do we need another thread on Lennon

scooby
26-02-2019, 09:17 AM
Tell you what, if he's in the Celtic dugout on Saturday I hope there's no elements of our support who feel he deserves a good welcome, cos I smell *****.

calumhibee1
26-02-2019, 09:17 AM
Even if he takes the celtic job how has he done anything wrong?

[emoji2357]

The suggestion from some journos seems to be that this has all been lined up for weeks hence the speed it’s moving at. If that’s the case then it may well be that NL was employed by Hibs while engineering his move. If (and it is an if) that’s the case then that’s what he’s done wrong.

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 09:18 AM
Do we need another thread on Lennon

Yes, I think so.

Callum_62
Lennon was always ‘linked’ with a celtic return all through his time with us

If he ends up back there no tin foil hats required

My_Wife_Camille
Tell you what, if he's in the Celtic dugout on Saturday I hope there's no elements of our support who feel he deserves a good welcome, cos I smell *****.
Absolutely reeks imo

Callum_62
26-02-2019, 09:19 AM
The suggestion from some journos seems to be that this has all been lined up for weeks hence the speed it’s moving at. If that’s the case then it may well be that NL was employed by Hibs while engineering his move. If (and it is an if) that’s the case then that’s what he’s done wrong.

Lennon has been out a job for more than enough time to start talking to celtic

Are we now saying it wasnt Hibs that approached Paul Hurst earlier in the season but secretly Celtic approaching Neil Lennon?

[emoji23][emoji23]

Barney McGrew
26-02-2019, 09:19 AM
If he’s in the dugout on Saturday, there’s going to plenty players in our team who will do everything they can to prove a point.

calumhibee1
26-02-2019, 09:21 AM
Lennon has been out a job for more than enough time to start talking to celtic

I’m not saying he hasn’t. But the journos are saying “weeks” since this has been lined up. That’s starting to head towards the period in which he was suspended/still employed by us.

Whether the journalists version of events is true or not is another debate entirely.

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 09:22 AM
If he’s in the dugout on Saturday, there’s going to plenty players in our team who will do everything they can to prove a point.

True.

Callum_62
26-02-2019, 09:23 AM

Absolutely

Ozyhibby
26-02-2019, 09:23 AM
Kamberri for the winner on Saturday.[emoji6]

HibeeHibernian4
26-02-2019, 09:24 AM
Good. Hopefully we'll stop being so syncophantic towards him now and focus on backing our new manager.

:agree:

Jones28

Kamberi will never have run as much in his life if this is the case.

Callum_62
I’m not saying he hasn’t. But the journos are saying “weeks” since this has been lined up. That’s starting to head towards the period in which he was suspended/still employed by us.

Whether the journalists version of events is true or not is another debate entirely.

Wasnt lenny leaving officialy late Jan?

Plenty time for him to be contacted after the fact imho

Hibeesmad
Actually now seems to me that the reason for his departure and the whole scenario has been staring us in the face this whole time.

He was speaking to Celtic who wanted to bring him in as replacement for Rodgers. Hibs then put him on a ‘suspension’ to look into the matter as he maybe did it behind their back.

He wasn’t sacked or didn’t resign because Celtic had actually agreed to pay a compensation fee for him.

Both parties didn’t reveal details of his exit due to the fact they couldn’t basically reveal that Rodgers would be leaving Celtic and Neil would be replacing him in the near future.

I could be wrong, but it seems quite realistic.

pacoluna

Are we to believe the journos now?

Surely to **** the Hibs board wouldn't be so naive.

green with envy
I hope Lenny doesn't have another meltdown if he happens to be in charge against herts tomorrow night.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 09:26 AM

It'll say to me that Rogers was tapped up weeks ago and in turn, Celtic tapped up NL.

He then set about working his ticket, culminating in the dressing room fracas and following incident which saw him suspended.

Hibs would be furious, but they won't say anything because the contracts weren't paid up and they wouldn't want to undermine our new coach.

I don't think so, I think Celtic would pay compo for Lennon if he was still in charge here or not.

MyJo
26-02-2019, 09:26 AM
Kamberri for the winner on Saturday.[emoji6]

https://i.giphy.com/media/grm05UPXsFNGU/giphy.gif

JXM73
26-02-2019, 09:27 AM
It's like a murder mystery, lawall with the pen in back at stokes's pub last tuesday...

Jones28
Actually now seems to me that the reason for his departure and the whole scenario has been staring us in the face this whole time.

He was speaking to Celtic who wanted to bring him in as replacement for Rodgers. Hibs then put him on a ‘suspension’ to look into the matter as he maybe did it behind their back.

He wasn’t sacked or didn’t resign because Celtic had actually agreed to pay a compensation fee for him.

Both parties didn’t reveal details of his exit due to the fact they couldn’t basically reveal that Rodgers would be leaving Celtic and Neil would be replacing him in the near future.

Isn't all of this illegal? Tapping up etc?

calumhibee1

The speed it’s all moving at would add a bit credibility to their story. It took us weeks to appoint a new manager yet Leicester and Celtic are both heading towards appointing their men within a day or so.

Like Callum_62 said, there was plenty time after he left for them to have discussed this and that is absolutely fine if that’s the case. The journalists that are posting about its versions of events would seem more a case of this being organised while he was still at Hibs. That wouldn’t be fine. Who knows what one is correct.

Barney McGrew

I don’t think it’s anything about the Hibs board being naive.

Deals like this happen all the time in football, I don’t think there’s any coincidence that Rodgers is going to Leicester the week after Celtic get knocked out of Europe. All the moves will have been in place for a while.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 09:28 AM

Surely to **** Lennon wouldn't piss all over us as a club and support having helped him massively get back into football by doing so.

Hibeesmad

Would seem a lot like it, but could explain maybe reasons behind potential lawyers being involved and a suspension being put in place

calumhibee1

Possibly. We should have just swapped them NL for SA :agree:

DaveF
26-02-2019, 09:29 AM
Well at least Chris Sutton will be happy if this turns out to to be true, but I really can't see Celtc taking Lennon on.

Hibs90
26-02-2019, 09:30 AM
Well, it might work against us, as he will know the ins and outs of how we operate obviously.

Hibeesmad
Possibly. We should have just swapped them NL for SA :agree:

Would have been the preferred option!

Doh Rae Me
Oh look boss, the plane the plane!

Barney McGrew
26-02-2019, 09:31 AM
Financially it might actually work out well for us.

A lot of managerial payoffs see the clubs paying wages to the outgoing manager until he gets a new job. If that’s what happens with Lennon’s then it could see us not being so much out of pocket.

Just guesswork though!

Hibernian Verse
26-02-2019, 09:34 AM
I have visions of Kamberi scoring an injury time bullet header, á la David Gray, and running straight to the touchline in front of the Celtic bench and just staring at Lennon.

SteveHFC
26-02-2019, 09:35 AM
https://twitter.com/simpsonsspfl/status/1090655684595773440?s=21

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 09:35 AM
Wasnt lenny leaving officialy late Jan?

Plenty time for him to be contacted after the fact imho

Hi Callum

Want to buy a bridge? :wink:

26-02-2019, 09:36 AM
I have visions of Kamberi scoring an injury time bullet header, á la David Gray, and running straight to the touchline in front of the Celtic bench and just staring at Lennon.

This would be amazing

pacoluna
26-02-2019, 09:38 AM

Deals like this happen all the time in football, I don’t think there’s any coincidence that Rodgers is going to Leicester the week after Celtic get knocked out of Europe. All the moves will have been in place for a while.

If Hibs could prove that surely they would be in line for a huge compensation package..

Instead of receiving a fee we've paid a big gulf of Lennon's remaining contract.

Hibs surely to **** are more shrewd.

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 09:38 AM

Eh?

In what way were they naive?

HibeeHibernian4
26-02-2019, 09:39 AM
Think we should leave the speculation alone for now re the circumstances of this, especially as it hasn't even definitely happened yet.

One thing's for sure, if Lennon is in the away dugout on Saturday, he should expect nothing less than a frosty reception.

Hibbyradge
Instead of receiving a fee we've paid a big gulf of Lennon's remaining contract.

Not a chance.

we are hibs
Saturday just got harder.

Given Lennon's poor cup record at Celtic and the fact Rodgers never lost a cup game I would say it's easier

pacoluna
26-02-2019, 09:40 AM

Surely he would run over to heckingbottom no?

After all he is our manager.

davhibby
26-02-2019, 09:40 AM
Well, it might work against us, as he will know the ins and outs of how we operate obviously.

He seemed to struggle with what position most of players were best in this season so shouldn't be too bad

Baker9
26-02-2019, 09:41 AM

Probably. Lennon knew it was going to happen months ago, Leanne got wind of it or Lennon told her, and she took action. He has connections at Leicester as well and maybe wanted to give Leanne as much warning as possible. He is back to his only love and will almost certainly be a stick-on for the full job. The 'interim' thing was to try and make it look like it wasn't planned.

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 09:41 AM

Exactly right.

Callum_62
26-02-2019, 09:42 AM
Hi Callum

Want to buy a bridge? :wink:

Lost me

CapitalGreen
26-02-2019, 09:42 AM
He seemed to struggle with what position most of players were best in this season so shouldn't be too bad

Looking forward to seeing Boyata playing left back and Tom Rogic defensive midfield on Saturday.

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 09:43 AM
Think we should leave the speculation alone for now re the circumstances of this, especially as it hasn't even definitely happened yet

Good luck with that! :greengrin

we are hibs
26-02-2019, 09:44 AM

Would be foolish to think it doesn't happen all the time though. Football is full of back handers and cutting corners

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 09:44 AM

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 09:45 AM
Looking forward to seeing Boyata playing left back and Tom Rogic defensive midfield on Saturday.

:faf::faf:

HibeeHibernian4
26-02-2019, 09:45 AM

If he goes off how HE set us up from November-January I think we'll be just fine.

Bostonhibby
26-02-2019, 09:46 AM
BBC reporting now that Brenda is in Leicester for talks approved by celtc.

Lennon not mentioned.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

wookie70
Saturday just got harder. Or easier if he decides to play half the Celtc team out of position and in unnatural positions. It will certainly make for an interesting game but Rodgers is a country mile ahead of Lennon in the managerial stakes so it is a good thing for us if they are changing boss just before playing us.

Hibbyradge
Lost me

Maybe that's for the best.

Springbank
any team of Neil Lennon's is capable of losing 3 to 5 goals against a good forward line

Time for Flo Kamberi and all of us in the Hibs support to settle a few scores with the man who went hiding in his dugout all autumn.

Give the man hell Hibs.

Hibby Kay-Yay
26-02-2019, 09:48 AM
Hope that Lennon is at Celtc as it will be interesting to see Boyata at RB, Broonaldo as GK with big Craig Gordon acting as the lone target man striker.

RoslinInstHibby
26-02-2019, 09:48 AM
imagine if he started Scott Allan against us......place will erupt!

Hibernian Verse
26-02-2019, 09:50 AM
Surely he would run over to heckingbottom no?

After all he is our manager.Nah that's boring

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

wookie70
26-02-2019, 09:50 AM

Football does have a strange way of making these odd things happen. I'd rather he ran right past the man who repeatedly, publicly blamed him to the man who is supporting him though. Lennon is a self confessed lover of the limelight. Ignoring him would be a better option in those glorious circumstances.

Hibernian Verse
26-02-2019, 09:51 AM
Football does have a strange way of making these odd things happen. I'd rather he ran right past the man who repeatedly, publicly blamed him to the man who is supporting him though. Lennon is a self confessed lover of the limelight. Ignoring him would be a better option in those glorious circumstances.Can he at least do the airplane? Please?

JXM73
26-02-2019, 09:52 AM
Hope Brendas no flying down....

wookie70
26-02-2019, 09:53 AM
Can he at least do the airplane? Please?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk :top marksfor trying but no. Keep the focus on us and not Lennon if we do win.

Stevie Reid
26-02-2019, 09:54 AM
Just wait til Lennon brings in Michael Appleton as his assistant :greengrin

seanshow
26-02-2019, 09:54 AM
Celtic manager leaves for EPL,multiple reportings. who has any proper source of the Lennon to darkheid rumour?

eastmainsmsh
26-02-2019, 09:55 AM
Absolutely reeks imo

Worked his ticket after tynecastle imo resigns no compo

CapitalGreen
26-02-2019, 09:56 AM
Celtic manager leaves for EPL,multiple reportings. who has any proper source of the Lennon to darkheid rumour?

I imagine Chris Sutton will have a few connections with Celtic and Lennon...

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 10:01 AM
Worked his ticket after tynecastle imo resigns no compo

I don't think it had much to do with Celtic though. He just didn't want to be at ER for months.

heretoday
26-02-2019, 10:02 AM
Hope that Lennon is at Celtc as it will be interesting to see Boyata at RB, Broonaldo as GK with big Craig Gordon acting as the lone target man striker.

Ha ha! I just heard about this. Is Lennon a shoo-in for the job?

I'd imagine a lot of Celts would think that a retrograde move.

Carheenlea
26-02-2019, 10:03 AM
Classic Scottish Football.

If Lennon was still here and Rodgers was to leave for Leicester, then we would have been thrust into turmoil if Celtic, and Lennon were to try to make the switch a few days before our quarter final tie.
Not overly concerned about it right now as the time was right for us to make the change, and I’m pleased with how things have started. Lennon being in the Celtic dugout on Saturday just adds some pantomime to the while occasion. He might even be in the dugout at Tynecastle tomorrow night!

Squealing pig
26-02-2019, 10:03 AM
If Lennon is in charge it’s good for us , they won’t mess up the league too far in front

Joe6-2
26-02-2019, 10:06 AM

Lennon will have more knowledge about us than any opposition manager in history, will be a really interesting test. The atmosphere will be electric.

He will be bamboozled by the formation tho! 😂

26-02-2019, 10:09 AM
Can he at least do the airplane? Please?

Whole team to do a fly-past of the away dugout if we win.

26-02-2019, 10:11 AM
Classic Scottish Football.

If Lennon was still here and Rodgers was to leave for Leicester, then we would have been thrust into turmoil if Celtic, and Lennon were to try to make the switch a few days before our quarter final tie.
Not overly concerned about it right now as the time was right for us to make the change, and I’m pleased with how things have started. Lennon being in the Celtic dugout on Saturday just adds some pantomime to the while occasion. He might even be in the dugout at Tynecastle tomorrow night!

Or he'll be in the crowd. Hope he's got a suit of armour.

Cropley10
26-02-2019, 10:13 AM
Got us promoted and in to Europe the next season. Brought some belief and pride back to the Club.

A few tin foil hats on here need to remember that.

The Harp Awakes
Think we should leave the speculation alone for now re the circumstances of this, especially as it hasn't even definitely happened yet.

One thing's for sure, if Lennon is in the away dugout on Saturday, he should expect nothing less than a frosty reception.

Don't see why he would. He was a good Manager with Hibs. Nobody knows for sure the reason why he left. If he gets the Celtic job, you could ask yourself why he would good enough for Celtic, but somehow, according to many on here, not good enough for Hibs.

Joe6-2
Don't see why he would. He was a good Manager with Hibs. Nobody knows for sure the reason why he left. If he gets the Celtic job, you could ask yourself why he would good enough for Celtic, but somehow, according to many on here, not good enough for Hibs.

This

Wilson
26-02-2019, 10:15 AM
Ha ha! I just heard about this. Is Lennon a shoo-in for the job?

I'd imagine a lot of Celts would think that a retrograde move.

Most Celtic fans think retrograde is a Croatian club they can poach players from.

Ronniekirk
26-02-2019, 10:15 AM
Does he really want to go back into that Sectsrian Bile This could be a powder keg for Old Firm games
But his love in with Brenda suggested he could be being Groomed to take over if he left

pacoluna
26-02-2019, 10:16 AM

Careful now.

The spite is at peak limit :greengrin
Quite funny tbh.

Davy Mac
26-02-2019, 10:20 AM
What I found odd about Lennon's departure was that an 'investigation' due to an allegation didn't mean he had lost his job but the media/NL was so quick to say he won't be back.

Now, I've conducted many investigations in my job and the process can take a bit of time to investigate the circumstances/discuss findings/look at the bigger picture but it struck me that NL orchestrated the departure no matter what the outcome was.

If LD identified that NL was in fact going to Celtic then I'm sure she would have built in a clause that he couldn't work for anther club in Scotland for say, 6 months unless we get some serious compo or NL agreed to terminate without his contract being paid up.

Either way, we are well rid of this car crash and hopefully we will get a bit of karma, we are certainly due a bit.

calumhibee1
26-02-2019, 10:20 AM

I don’t think he’ll get a frosty reception on Saturday if he’s manager. Unless it was to come out that this has been organised for months then I don’t see any reason that would happen.

With regards to the not being good enough for Hibs I think the run we were on and the performances we were putting in would be the answer to the question. 2 wins in 14 isn’t good enough for Hibs, whether he ends up next Celtic manager or not.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 10:21 AM

Who said he wasn’t good enough to coach at Hibs? He never wanted to be at the club for months and we had major regressed. He’s a good coach with good players around him at Celtic. He will have his dream job back again and will be able to get away with whatever he says or does going back there.

flash
26-02-2019, 10:21 AM
Some on here will have difficulty deciding which team to support on Saturday if Lennon is on the opposing dugout.

andybev1
26-02-2019, 10:24 AM

Also, making **** team selections/tactics week in week out.

Bangkok Hibby
26-02-2019, 10:25 AM
I called him a dick in another thread. IF this is true and he subjects himself to the rancid, racist, sectarian West of Scotland poison again he's an even bigger dick than I thought...**** him!

Springbank
26-02-2019, 10:26 AM
Don't know about anyone else but I am already 50% more up for this cup tie than i was before

Hope Flo and David Gray are too

Seeing Lennon leave Easter Road, beaten, on Saturday night, would top the feeling of winning the championship, for me.

Can't stand the man,

Sylar
26-02-2019, 10:27 AM
Neil Lennon won't go back to Celtc - primarily because Celtc wouldn't want him back. Brings far too much baggage with him, baggage the Celtc board were happy to see the back of when he departed last time around.

andybev1
26-02-2019, 10:30 AM
Lennon cancels trip to Doha amid the speculation https://twitter.com/i/status/1100340186234249216

Liam978
26-02-2019, 10:31 AM
Neil Lennon won't go back to Celtc - primarily because Celtc wouldn't want him back. Brings far too much baggage with him, baggage the Celtc board were happy to see the back of when he departed last time around.

Sky news reporting that Lennon has cancelled his flight to Doha to work as a pundit.

pacoluna
26-02-2019, 10:32 AM
Some on here will have difficulty deciding which team to support on Saturday if Lennon is on the opposing dugout.

And some won't be taking their mrs to the game because he's ****ed a fair few of them going by their reaction on this board :greengrin:greengrin:wink:

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 10:37 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-open-talks-neil-lennon-14053875

Brightside
26-02-2019, 10:40 AM
Good luck to him. He's not our coach anymore. He can do what he wants. I see the Tin Foil Hat crowd are out though! :greengrin

Stevie Reid
26-02-2019, 10:41 AM
Plenty on here wanted Stubbs back as interim manager, I would have been happy enough with it.

Lennon to Celtic is the same. Low risk, quick negotiation, been there and done it.

flash
26-02-2019, 10:43 AM
And some won't be taking their mrs to the game because he's ****ed a fair few of them going by their reaction on this board :greengrin:greengrin:wink:

Be nobody left cheering the Hibs on at this rate!

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 10:45 AM
Good luck to him. He's not our coach anymore. He can do what he wants. I see the Tin Foil Hat crowd are out though! :greengrin

Good luck to someone in charge of they soap dodging bigots? No danger.

Forza Fred
26-02-2019, 10:46 AM

That’s the way I see it.

Think the conspiracist theories are wide of the Mark........he just got a lucky break, probably the luckiest break in my footballing lifetime though.

Cropley10
26-02-2019, 10:47 AM

Worse than that - apparently going to have divided loyalties.

calumhibee1
26-02-2019, 10:47 AM
Good luck to someone in charge of they soap dodging bigots? No danger.

Off the pitch I hope things go well for him. Football wise though I’m certainly not going to fall over myself to wish good luck to the (potential) manager of another Scottish team. Especially one of the OF or Hearts.

Peevemor
26-02-2019, 10:49 AM
If Lennon is n the Celtc dugout on Saturday, I'd imagine it'll add a few thousand to the crowd. A bit of extra spice and all that...

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 10:49 AM

Don't you think it's reasonable to question the circumstances of this, starting with Lennon's contrived behaviour in December and January?

If he really was as unstable as he made out in his final months at Hibs, why would Celtc want him?

Of course, you're right, he can do what he wants. The trouble for me is, he was doing that while we employed him.

brog
26-02-2019, 10:50 AM
Just wait until NL countersigns Chris Sutton's letter to The Compliance Officer about McNulty!! :wink: Seriously, I love this, if NL is in Celtc dugout on Saturday then whole attention of football world will be on ER. Let's enjoy it!
PS, I'm enjoying the flip flopping on here also! :greengrin

pacoluna
26-02-2019, 10:50 AM
Worse than that - apparently going to have divided loyalties.

I might take along my half green/ginger scarf.

PatHead
26-02-2019, 10:51 AM
Don't think Lennon will get the Celtc job. I think Kennedy will be caretaker while they get someone in.

Shows what I known ��

Stevie Reid
26-02-2019, 10:52 AM

Off the pitch I hope things go well for him. Football wise though I’m certainly not going to fall over myself to wish good luck to the (potential) manager of another Scottish team. Especially one of the OF or Hearts.

I'm pretty sure that's what Underscore meant.

If Lennon is in the dugout on Saturday, it'll just be like when he was Celtic manager before - if he starts acting up on the touchline or does anything antagonistic, I'll shout abuse at him. I'll 'hate' him (in a football context) for 90 minutes.

I just won't allow his potential return there to colour my opinion of his time in charge of Hibs - which, in the main, I loved.

Hibs are all that matters though.

wookie70
26-02-2019, 10:53 AM
I might take along my half green/ginger scarf. :top marks

The 90+2
Don't you think it's reasonable to question the circumstances of this, starting with Lennon's contrived behaviour in December and January?

If he really was as unstable as he made out in his final months at Hibs, why would Celtc want him?

Of course, you're right, he can do what he wants. The trouble for me is, he was doing that while we employed him.

Surely if it was the case we would have had a right good chance of punting him under constructive dismissal?

It would certainly be ironic if this was all going on and Celtic lose the league by 1 or 2 points based on losing to us as he was working his ticket. :greengrin

Stevie Reid

You honestly believe that he would deliberately under perform as Hibs manager in order to get a move back to Celtic?

The Modfather
Football does have a strange way of making these odd things happen. I'd rather he ran right past the man who repeatedly, publicly blamed him to the man who is supporting him though. Lennon is a self confessed lover of the limelight. Ignoring him would be a better option in those glorious circumstances.

I’d like Kamberi to run to the away dugout doing the aeroplane 😀

jacomo
26-02-2019, 10:54 AM

Just when you thought the debate over Lennon’s departure was winding down...

Crazyhorse
26-02-2019, 10:55 AM
If Lennon is n the Celtc dugout on Saturday, I'd imagine it'll add a few thousand to the crowd. A bit of extra spice and all that...

If it happens I hope we give him a round of applause. His last couple of months were dire but overall he did a pretty good job.
I would be happy to acknowledge that but hopefully then we can go on to knock the Celtc clowns out of the cup!

CMac1988
Been hearing for months from everyone and their dog that Steve Clarke was a shoe in to replace Rodgers?!

This is just fortunate timing for Lennon. Don't think there's much more in it than that.

Davy Mac
The devil is in the detail with hint dropping last week, he said publicly that he might or might not manage in Scotland once again, you never know but there isn't really any where else he can go.

Well he knew himself what was going on, and if he does take the Interim Manager's job then he has played a blinder.

I'll keep my council until it's announced.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 10:56 AM
Don't think Lennon will get the Celtc job. I think Kennedy will be caretaker while they get someone in.

All indications are Lennon has it until the end of the season.

Peevemor
26-02-2019, 10:57 AM
The devil is in the detail with hint dropping last week, he said publicly that he might or might not manage in Scotland once again, you never know but there isn't really any where else he can go.

Well he knew himself what was going on, and if he does take the Interim Manager's job then he has played a blinder.

I'll keep my council until it's announced.

He also said that he'd take the rest of the season off.

jacomo
If it happens I hope we give him a round of applause. His last couple of months were dire but overall he did a pretty good job.
I would be happy to acknowledge that but hopefully then we can go on to knock the Celtc clowns out of the cup!

*** boo!

If he’s in the away dug out on Saturday then it’s war (in a sporting sense of course).

Lennon’s a football man, he’d expect no less.

Hibbyradge
You honestly believe that he would deliberately under perform as Hibs manager in order to get a move back to Celtic?

I think his erratic behaviour was designed to get him dismissed.

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 10:58 AM
Surely if it was the case we would have had a right good chance of punting him under constructive dismissal?

I'm not sure what you mean?

Constructive dismissal is a charge levied at employers not employees.

jacomo
26-02-2019, 10:59 AM
I’m a bit surprised that Rodgers is bottling the treble treble but no surprise at all that he’s tempted by the deep pockets of the EPL.

Tbf Leicester seem a well run club that would play to his strengths.

Stevie Reid
I think his erratic behaviour was designed to get him dismissed.

I really find that incredibly difficult to believe. I don't think it stands up to any scrutiny at all.

Hibee87
So let me get this right, Leicester tapped up Brendan Rodgers illegally and Celtic are aware and are happy to not raise this as a concern, but instead got in touch with Neil Lennon and told him to work his way out of Hibs so they can give him the job on a temp basis till the end of the season? This what were saying

Davy Mac
He also said that he'd take the rest of the season off.

Yes, you're right, he did say that but may turn out to be a smokescreen, he'll not be the first and won't be the last for sure.

Hibbyradge
Just when you thought the debate over Lennon’s departure was winding down...

I'll be out soon, don't worry. :greengrin

I just have a spleen to vent at the moment.

The Modfather
26-02-2019, 11:00 AM
Been hearing for months from everyone and their dog that Steve Clarke was a shoe in to replace Rodgers?!

This is just fortunate timing for Lennon. Don't think there's much more in it than that.

Would be surprised if Clark was to go there after his spot on assessment about some folk still living in the dark ages and just the week before Celtic fans singing about Boyd being an Orange b*****d

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 11:04 AM
So let me get this right, Leicester tapped up Brendan Rodgers illegally and Celtic are aware and are happy to not raise this as a concern, but instead got in touch with Neil Lennon and told him to work his way out of Hibs so they can give him the job on a temp basis till the end of the season? This what were saying

It's how football works. The "tapping up" rule is cosmetic only.

The approach to Celtic from Leicester will have been made away from the eyes of the press as will Celtc's approach to Lennon.

There are £millions involved here. Decisions like these are not taken lightly.

Phil MaGlass
26-02-2019, 11:04 AM
This game could very well be a sellout

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 11:05 AM
I'm not sure what you mean?

Constructive dismissal is a charge levied at employers not employees.

Yeah, sorry I meant gross misconduct dismissal.

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2019, 11:06 AM
That'll sort out the mice from the men.

Jock Steinbeck, Celtc legend.

brog
26-02-2019, 11:07 AM
I’m a bit surprised that Rodgers is bottling the treble treble but no surprise at all that he’s tempted by the deep pockets of the EPL.

Tbf Leicester seem a well run club that would play to his strengths.

I'm not surprised in the slightest. I read a letter today from a Celtc fan that said everyone in Scotland was conspiring to prevent 10 in a row. These people don't realise that apart from them & their bigot brothers no one gives a flying ****** about 10 in a row or treble trebles. They live in their nasty, twisted, little bubble of hate. I bet Rodgers can't wait to get back to the relative sanity of the EPL. Incidentally for all the Celtc fans & Sutton comparing Celtc & European football to Leicester's prospects then they should remember Leicester recently made the 1/4 finals of the Champions League, something Celtc can only dream about!

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2019, 11:07 AM
Some huge assumptions beings being made on this thread, and some tremedous conspiracy theories. I thought I'd logged into Follow Follow by mistake :greengrin

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 11:08 AM

Both parties would have known for a while about Leicesters interest. This doesn't just happen all of a sudden with compensation figure already agreed if it didn't.

Lennon could possibly had been made aware of this and Celtic's interest should anything become of it, it would certainly explain his change in attitude this season.

I think it's a bit too far fetched though. Celtic would have just gave us some cash to take Lennon had he not quit. We couldn't stand in the way of his "dream job" afterall.

sauzee=legend
26-02-2019, 11:09 AM
Lennon cancelled his flight to Doha and remains in Scotland.
Lennon will be in charge next week 😉

The 90+2
Some huge assumptions beings being made on this thread, and some tremedous conspiracy theories. I thought I'd logged into Follow Follow by mistake :greengrin

When we've had such a rubbish season leading to the man in charge leaving the club then he pops up a month later back in charge of Celtic then of course people are going to talk about it.

Why would you have logged onto follow follow?

Hibbyradge

Funny you should mention that ...

Pretty Boy
26-02-2019, 11:10 AM
A lot of Celtic fans don't seem too thrilled with the idea of Lennon going back.....

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 11:10 AM
Funny you should mention that ...

:confused: you think this was the case kept quiet by the club and Lennon leading both parties to move on amicably? Makes sense I suppose.

BegbieHSC
26-02-2019, 11:11 AM

This.

If Lenny is in the Celtic dugout on Saturday, I won’t be cheering him, but I certainly won’t be booing him.

He gave us far too many fond memories for me to do that, and I loved him when he was our manager.

Im completely indifferent to him as Celtic manager.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 11:11 AM
A lot of Celtic fans don't seem too thrilled with the idea of Lennon going back.....

Poor show against a Celtic legend. Must be some kind of hate-fueled vendetta.

SMAXXA
26-02-2019, 11:12 AM
Maybe it’s good for Hibs if he’s getting paid still and wasn’t settled up in a lump sum and as these things work he would forfit the wages if he takes another job in the same period

wookie70
26-02-2019, 11:12 AM
You wouldn't be able to sack someone after they left and a statement was issued saying they hadn't been sacked. I think he was working his ticket and wanted out. I'm not sure I would go as far as saying he knew about the Leicester gig and the chance of a Celtc return but I wouldn't say it was impossible.

calumhibee1
26-02-2019, 11:13 AM

:greengrin

I’m not surprised the Celtic fans aren’t keen on the idea. They’ll be looking for a bigger fish now than a sacked Hibs manager which is the way they’ll see it.

It would suddenly make 10 in a row, while still being probable, significantly less probable imo.

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 11:13 AM
:confused: you think this was the case kept quiet by the club and Lennon leading both parties to move on amicably? Makes sense I suppose.

I'm certain that's what happened.

The joint statement tells you that, but not in as many words.

wookie70
26-02-2019, 11:14 AM
A lot of Celtic fans don't seem too thrilled with the idea of Lennon going back..... His record there wasn't great so not surprised. A massive downgrade from Brenda who has won every Scottish competition he was involved in.

GordonHFC
26-02-2019, 11:16 AM
Chris Sutton's wee tadger will be going into overdrive if Lennon takes the Celtic post.

Brightside
26-02-2019, 11:21 AM

Nothing contrived about it. His behaviour has always been erratic. He clearly lost the changing room at Hibs.

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2019, 11:21 AM
1, Rodgers hasn't even left Celtic yet.

2, If Rodgers does leave, then appointing Lennon as interim seems an obvious move, given he's a former Celtic manager.

3, No evidence whatsoever that Lennon 'worked his ticket' with this move in mind, and it's an insult to the man's professionalism. At the time Lennon left Hibs, he couldn't have known Rodgers might be away so soon.

4, If it was all planned, Leicester must be part of the conspiracy too. Hardly likely.

5, Let's calm doon. We have our new manager, let Celtic worry about their next appointment.

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 11:22 AM
Chris Sutton's wee tadger will be going into overdrive if Lennon takes the Celtic post.

I'll wait to firm up my opinion on events until I hear Sutton's take on it.

If he says we were stitched up I'll believe it was a mere coincidence that Lennon left Hibs then, as soon as Celtc are out of Europe, Puel gets sacked, Rogers gets his job and Lennon takes over at Celtc.

Amazing how smooth it all went.

If he says it was a lucky coincidence, I'll believe the opposite.

pacoluna

Like me with Stubbs?

Paisley Hibby

A round of applause and "hope" for a win? Jeez, no wonder we're viewed as soft pushovers.

G B Young
26-02-2019, 11:23 AM
:greengrin

I’m not surprised the Celtic fans aren’t keen on the idea. They’ll be looking for a bigger fish now than a sacked Hibs manager which is the way they’ll see it.

It would suddenly make 10 in a row, while still being probable, significantly less probable imo.

If the rumours are true and he's only being brought in until the end of the season at this stage then it seems a sensible move. The title is all but sewn up and it's hard to see Lennon not being capable of seeing that over the line. Bit of pressure to make sure they also win the cup but with the squad they've got that's very do-able too.

His first game in charge could be at the PBS tomorrow where he had a great record as Celtic boss IIRC and he'll certainly have my 100% support considering the treatment he's received there down the years.

My main concern should all of this come to pass is that we still get Scott Allan. Pretty confident that won't be in jeopardy though as I think the player himself will see his future at ER.

Crazyhorse
26-02-2019, 11:24 AM
Both parties would have known for a while about Leicesters interest. This doesn't just happen all of a sudden with compensation figure already agreed if it didn't.

Lennon could possibly had been made aware of this and Celtic's interest should anything become of it, it would certainly explain his change in attitude this season.

I think it's a bit too far fetched though. Celtic would have just gave us some cash to take Lennon had he not quit. We couldn't stand in the way of his "dream job" afterall.

Do the conspiracy theories not also rely on Leicester going on a dire run of form for the past couple of months? If Puel has won the last 6 games Rodgers would be going nowhere.

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 11:26 AM
Does anyone really think that NL would take the Celtc job temporarily in the knowledge that he could well be replaced in the summer?

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 11:27 AM
Do the conspiracy theories not also rely on Leicester going on a dire run of form for the past couple of months? If Puel has won the last 6 games Rodgers would be going nowhere.

Not really. Lennon clearly wanted out of Hibs anyway. If Puel stayed at Leicester then Brendan would have been at Celtic until the end of the season, Lennon gets his wee trips abroad and out the limelight for 5 months.

Antifa Hibs
Hibernia&Alba wrote...

2, If Rodgers does leave, then appointing Lennon as interim seems an obvious move, given he's a former Celtic manager.

3, No evidence whatsoever that Lennon 'worked his ticket' with this move in mind, and it's an insult to the man's professionalism. At the time Lennon left Hibs, he couldn't have known Rodgers might be away so soon.

4, If it was all planned, Leicester must be part of the conspiracy too. Hardly likely.

5, Let's calm doon. We have our new manager, let Celtic worry about their next appointment.

This.

I'm not fussed about Lennon. Liked him as our manager, still don't mind him now as an ex-manager and pundit etc.

To say he knew 4 weeks ago that Leicester were going to continue to be ***** and get pumped off Palace, that LCFC were going to sack their manager then 2 days later offer Law£ll and Celtic nearly £8m in compensation, that Rodgers would take the job despite saying "I want to be here for 10 in a row" a million times, then for him to get offered the Celtic job - to engineer that Lennon must be a genius.

Anyway hopefully we take full advantage of this (while at the same time hoping celtic don't take their eye of the baw tomorrow). In about them Hibs!

DarlingtonHibee

This.

Jim White creaming himself on talksport.

Billy Whizz
Nice little baptism for Lenny, Hearts on Wednesday and Hibs on Saturday

Itsnoteasy
Would this save us any money?

Don't think so. He is not on garden leave like Sauzee was.

Kojock
26-02-2019, 11:29 AM
Some on here have short memories, Lennon was an odious little turd when he played for Celtic then subsequently managed them. I supported him / tolerated him during his time at Hibs but it won't take people long to remember the old Lennon that so many of us disliked.

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 11:29 AM
Right, that's me calmed down.

Off for a game of golf now.

But see if Appleton gets the Celtc job, I swear I'll do time.

heretoday
26-02-2019, 11:30 AM
Does he really want to go back into that Sectsrian Bile This could be a powder keg for Old Firm games
But his love in with Brenda suggested he could be being Groomed to take over if he left

Celtic should get Stevie Clarke. Then we'd really see a powder keg!

DarlingtonHibee
26-02-2019, 11:30 AM
Right, that's me calmed down.

Off for a game of golf now.

But see if Appleton gets the Celtc job, I swear I'll do time.
Deep breaths 😂

jacomo
26-02-2019, 11:31 AM
I'm not surprised in the slightest. I read a letter today from a Celtc fan that said everyone in Scotland was conspiring to prevent 10 in a row. These people don't realise that apart from them & their bigot brothers no one gives a flying ****** about 10 in a row or treble trebles. They live in their nasty, twisted, little bubble of hate. I bet Rodgers can't wait to get back to the relative sanity of the EPL. Incidentally for all the Celtc fans & Sutton comparing Celtc & European football to Leicester's prospects then they should remember Leicester recently made the 1/4 finals of the Champions League, something Celtc can only dream about!

Wait... are you saying that other Scottish clubs want to beat Celtc? And they are all at it??

CONSPIRACY!

chrisski33
so what if lennon goes to celtic! rodgers will be sacked by Leicester by next xmas anyway.

The 90+2
Like me with Stubbs?

Correct. :greengrin

worcesterhibby
26-02-2019, 11:32 AM
I hope I'm wrong, but I have a horrible feeling all this could lead to Rangers winning the title. If Celtic appoint Lennon, even as a temp manager, then the Rangers fans will know they can get to him. The sectarian bile will be overflowing and Lennon will react. Bullets in the post, fans on the pitch..just watch. The whole thing could become an absolute car crash. Celtic would be mad to put him in charge. The sectarian stuff is bad enough as it stands..add Lennon back into the mix and it will take over from the football completely. That's not in Celtic's interests IMHO

I would point out that I in no way blame Lennon for this.

G B Young
26-02-2019, 11:32 AM

Absolutely. What purpose would have been served by engineering such a scenario? The only benefit I can see to Celtic would be to avoid paying Hibs compensation, which would have been a drop in the ocean for a club with their resources and certainly not worth hatching a clandestine slow-burning plot to lure Lennon away.

As you say, Leicester would have had to be 'in on it' too which makes the speculation even more absurd.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 11:34 AM
Absolutely. What purpose would have been served by engineering such a scenario? The only benefit I can see to Celtic would be to avoid paying Hibs compensation, which would have been a drop in the ocean for a club with their resources and certainly not worth hatching a clandestine slow-burning plot to lure Lennon away.

As you say, Leicester would have had to be 'in on it' too which makes the speculation even more absurd.

What if the Hibs board got wind of the talk of Lennon going back and that's why he got suspended?

Crazyhorse
26-02-2019, 11:35 AM
A round of applause and "hope" for a win? Jeez, no wonder we're viewed as soft pushovers.

Who views us as pushovers?
Last season was excellent in my view and I’m happy to publicly acknowledge that Lennon was a key part in that.
We are playing the best team in the league so the ‘hope’ is that they have an off day and we play to our maximum potential. The upheaval may help us in this regard and we could win this.
If you think this is like Liverpool v Man City or something you have lost touch with reality.

chrisski33
26-02-2019, 11:35 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47371095

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2019, 11:36 AM
What if the Hibs board got wind of the talk of Lennon going back and that's why he got suspended?

Total supposition.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 11:37 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47371095

Lennon is believed to have been in contact with the Celtic hierarchy, but there remains contractual issues around his departure from Hibs.
These are likely to be resolved, though, and should not prove any impediment to him returning to the Scottish Premiership leaders until the end of the campaign.

Maybe he actually has agreed to stay away from the club/ground for a period of time after all. Looks like we may be getting some compensation.

hibbyfraelibby
26-02-2019, 11:37 AM
Cheer up neil lennon,
Oh what can it be,
To a fat ginger *******
And a **** football team....

See you can sing that song without lowering yourself to the bigotmongers level...

Thats "Gingerist"

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 11:39 AM
Total supposition.

So is any other guesswork as to why he got suspended then left a few days later. :agree:

calumhibee1
26-02-2019, 11:44 AM
Lennon is believed to have been in contact with the Celtic hierarchy, but there remains contractual issues around his departure from Hibs.
These are likely to be resolved, though, and should not prove any impediment to him returning to the Scottish Premiership leaders until the end of the campaign.

Maybe he actually has agreed to stay away from the club/ground for a period of time after all. Looks like we may be getting some compensation.

We should absolutely point blank refuse to deal with Celtic if this is the case after the SA debacle.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 11:46 AM
We should absolutely point blank refuse to deal with Celtic if this is the case after the SA debacle.

Celtic will slyly work round this by keeping Kennedy in the dugout if they pump Hearts tomorrow. Therefore getting round contractual issues and making them and Lennon look the respectable good guys :agree:

Hibee87
26-02-2019, 11:49 AM

Then we would have reported Celtic to the relevant people for illegally trying to take our manager.

Folk need to take a step back here and calm down. There is far too many people involved here for something like this to happen and not get leaked, resulting in both Leicester and Celtic being severely punished and for what?

The reality is LC want Rodgers and are willing to pay the compo. Internally, yes, they may have discussed him as a possible target should they need to sack Puel.
Sine Lennon left its been what 4/5 weeks? factor in maybe another few weeks before that he got the knowledge for him to 'work his ticket' would suggest something around 7 or 8 weeks. So Lennon has hedged his bets on Puel not turning it around, Celtic/Brendan Rodgers happy to leave and take over at LC and Lennon to be out of work on the slim chance he can take over at Celtic for the next 8 weeks then back to being unemployed? All this in the hope none of this comes out that would result in LC, Celtic and even Lennon himself being caught and whatever repercussions come their way for doing all of this? Think some folk need to get a grip.

HoboHarry
26-02-2019, 11:50 AM

Any more than Jock Stein did?

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 11:52 AM
Then we would have reported Celtic to the relevant people for illegally trying to take our manager.

Folk need to take a step back here and calm down. There is far too many people involved here for something like this to happen and not get leaked, resulting in both Leicester and Celtic being severely punished and for what?

The reality is LC want Rodgers and are willing to pay the compo. Internally, yes, they may have discussed him as a possible target should they need to sack Puel.
Sine Lennon left its been what 4/5 weeks? factor in maybe another few weeks before that he got the knowledge for him to 'work his ticket' would suggest something around 7 or 8 weeks. So Lennon has hedged his bets on Puel not turning it around, Celtic/Brendan Rodgers happy to leave and take over at LC and Lennon to be out of work on the slim chance he can take over at Celtic for the next 8 weeks then back to being unemployed? All this in the hope none of this comes out that would result in LC, Celtic and even Lennon himself being caught and whatever repercussions come their way for doing all of this? Think some folk need to get a grip.

No we wouldn't when does that ever happened whilst managers representatives get spoken to by other clubs all the time.

calumhibee1
26-02-2019, 11:52 AM
Folk need to take a step back here and calm down. There is far too many people involved here for something like this to happen and not get leaked.

You never heard of 9/11? :duck:

HoboHarry
26-02-2019, 11:53 AM
Another probable 40 page thread full of made up s***e. Oh goodie.......

Humo
26-02-2019, 11:54 AM
Wonder what the odds of Kamberi scoring the winner against Celtic in the cup are now

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Shrekko
26-02-2019, 11:57 AM
Conspiracy theories and made up nonsense are absolutely amazing.

It used to only be Celtic fans who were famed for this.

Hibee87
26-02-2019, 11:57 AM
No we wouldn't when does that ever happened whilst managers representatives get spoken to by other clubs all the time.

If a manager is contracted to a club, then surely they request permission from said club to make contact about talking to them?

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 12:00 PM
If a manager is contracted to a club, then surely they request permission from said club to make contact about talking to them?

Do you think it's only this morning Leicester have shown interest in Rodgers and his representatives weren't aware of what was on offer and in place before Leicester officially requesting to speak to him?

We take 2/3 weeks to appoint a manager, Leicester take a weekend and Celtic take a day? All parties would have been made well aware of all of this otherwise Celtic would have refused permission to talk and by Rodgers indicating he wanted to "talk" to Leicester it means he wants the job.

chrisski33
26-02-2019, 12:01 PM
Kinda obvious lennon would be back at Celtic when he said in the press he xould manage in Scotland again

worcesterhibby
26-02-2019, 12:02 PM
#Lennonknew

Smartie
26-02-2019, 12:04 PM
Anyone know where I can get hold of a framed Union Jack for the game on Saturday?

Just tae wind Lennon up, likesay.

CMurdoch
26-02-2019, 12:06 PM

Not at all. We should get some cash out of them especially as they are going to get at least £5 million from Leicester

Hibee87
26-02-2019, 12:06 PM
Do you think it's only this morning Leicester have shown interest in Rodgers and his representatives weren't aware of what was on offer and in place before Leicester officially requesting to speak to him?

We take 2/3 weeks to appoint a manager, Leicester take a weekend and Celtic take a day? All parties would have been made well aware of all of this otherwise Celtic would have refused permission to talk and by Rodgers indicating he wanted to "talk" to Leicester it means he wants the job.

You've not answered my question though, is it, or is it not, illegal to speak to managers reps whilst under contract without his club knowing?

Whos to say LC have not enquired to Celtic weeks ago to say we may be looking for a new manager, what would it take to prise Rodgers? And Lawell said if it comes to fruition then xxx million.
Or LC have a shortlist of managers they wanted to take over and got in touch with Celtic yesterday to say can we speak to BR and how much would you like?

How it works in the back or what Celtic and LC have spoke about and when doesn't concern me.

What does, as you suggested, Hibs found out Celtic were after Lennon behind our back so thats how he was suspended. When if, as I believe, its illegal to speak to a managers reps without the clubs knoweldge and Hibs not taking this to whatever bodies would deal with such things. See what im saying?

SquashedFrogg
26-02-2019, 12:10 PM
Not all bad news. Mibbies silence the wee Lennon lovers up the back of the East.

Daniel_Law
26-02-2019, 12:12 PM
Maybe we will see a reaction from the whole team, if it's true that the team turned against him then the likes of Kamberi would relish the opportunity to knock him out!

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 12:12 PM
You've not answered my question though, is it, or is it not, illegal to speak to managers reps whilst under contract without his club knowing?

Whos to say LC have not enquired to Celtic weeks ago to say we may be looking for a new manager, what would it take to prise Rodgers? And Lawell said if it comes to fruition then xxx million.
Or LC have a shortlist of managers they wanted to take over and got in touch with Celtic yesterday to say can we speak to BR and how much would you like?

How it works in the back or what Celtic and LC have spoke about and when doesn't concern me.

What does, as you suggested, Hibs found out Celtic were after Lennon behind our back so thats how he was suspended. When if, as I believe, its illegal to speak to a managers reps without the clubs knoweldge and Hibs not taking this to whatever bodies would deal with such things. See what im saying?

Technically it is illegal yes, but it happens. It's happened obviously with Rodgers and it's happened with Lennon imo. Like I said, he left Celtic last time under a cloud and now all of a sudden he's back within 12 hours and no formal discussions?

Northernhibee
26-02-2019, 12:15 PM
Not all bad news. Mibbies silence the wee Lennon lovers up the back of the East.

Will hopefully move them to the away end.

hibeerealist
26-02-2019, 12:17 PM

These "conversations" are always carried out by third parties with a vested interest, neither club would risk being directly involved be it a manager or a player but you can rest assured that these "conversations" DO take place well before any formal approach.

Hibee87
26-02-2019, 12:21 PM
Technically it is illegal yes, but it happens. It's happened obviously with Rodgers and it's happened with Lennon imo. Like I said, he left Celtic last time under a cloud and now all of a sudden he's back within 12 hours and no formal discussions?

So I think the answer to your original point is no, Hibs didn't know this and it wasn't why Lennon was suspended. Otherwise we would have taken action against Celtic.

It's not beyond reality that LC had a list of candidates should they sack Puel. Decided on Sunday they would, spoke to Celtic who (imo) were going to rid BR at end to of season for his failures in Europe, were happy to accept the 8mill (I think what's being quoted) and get in a manager who is out of work, can start right away with no compo knows the club and will likely win them the league anyway, maybe even the SC (here's hoping not though eh).

I think it's wild to suggest a massive orchestrated cloak and dagger act between LC, Celtic and Lennon himself.

B.H.F.C
26-02-2019, 12:22 PM
‘Lennon is believed to have been in contact with the Celtic hierarchy, but there remains contractual issues around his departure from Hibs’

We should be as unhelpful as possible and try to drag things out until next week if we can.

HoboHarry
26-02-2019, 12:23 PM
‘Lennon is believed to have been in contact with the Celtic hierarchy, but there remains contractual issues around his departure from Hibs’

We should be as unhelpful as possible and try to drag things out until next week if we can.
Even if we benefit financially?

BlackSheep
26-02-2019, 12:27 PM
What I really dislike about the potential in all of this is that if Lennon is the Celtic manager for Saturday, he knows almost every one of our players inside and out... it’s shapes up to be a pumping at Cetic’s hands, I mean Lennon was more tactically sound than them on more than one occasion recently, with no real inside knowledge... now he will know every weakness in our squad and how to exploit them...

overdrive
26-02-2019, 12:27 PM

:cb:no way::shhhsh!:

McIntosh
26-02-2019, 12:28 PM
If this comes to pass, good luck to Neil Lennon, I wish him well against everyone but us. I did get told months ago that he was going back to Celtic and thought it nonsense, it just shows you what I know!!!! The person who told me is a scout.

Gloucester Hibs
26-02-2019, 12:30 PM
What I really dislike about the potential in all of this is that if Lennon is the Celtic manager for Saturday, he knows almost every one of our players inside and out... it’s shapes up to be a pumping at Cetic’s hands, I mean Lennon was more tactically sound than them on more than one occasion recently, with no real inside knowledge... now he will know every weakness in our squad and how to exploit them...

Celtc were on an amazing run domestically in 2019 under Rodgers though, so I certainly wouldn't say Lennon coming in decreases our chances?

Golden Bear
26-02-2019, 12:31 PM

Yes. I've no idea what the circumstances are, but if there any contractual issues then surely it makes sense to postpone any negotiations until after the Cup Tie.

Kato

Didn't trouble Celtic when they blackmailed Jock Stein into leaving Hibs.

Sioux

Its also illegal to commit murder. People still do it though.

cabbageandribs1875
26-02-2019, 12:34 PM
Another probable 40 page thread full of made up s***e. Oh goodie.......

this :greengrin it's funny reading all the "i heard this i heard that but didn't want to say on here at the time" that appear, a source told them etc etc i do love a conspiracy theory :devil:

Hibee87
26-02-2019, 12:35 PM
Its also illegal to commit murder. People still do it though.

Not saying g it doesn't happen. I'm replying to the poster who asked said he wonders if Hibs knew about this hence why Lennon was suspended. my point being, if we found out, then Hibs would have taken action against Celtic.

IWasThere2016
26-02-2019, 12:35 PM

We clearly are still paying Lennon out... as he was compensated

Why would we help Cellic - we have factored in the cost of Lennon and Parker going.. and they played silly beggars over Allan. Why give them a lift before the SC game?

Beefster
26-02-2019, 12:38 PM
I've only been on here five minutes today and I've read multiple folk claiming that they were told from a 'decent source' that, whilst he was still Hibs manager, Lennon was definitely going back to Celtc. Yet, no-one shared.

If there had been any sort of agreement, formal or otherwise, that he was getting the gig at Celtc and it was well enough known about for multiple posters on here to hear about, how many people in total would have heard the rumour? It would have been all over Twitter, Facebook etc.

But aye, conspiracy.

B.H.F.C
26-02-2019, 12:39 PM

It’s all a bit hypothetical, as there might not be anything to negotiate on, but if there is then dragging our heels for a few days isn’t going to cost us anything. We took long enough with negotiations to help ourselves, I wouldn’t be rushing ourselves for their benefit.

jonty
26-02-2019, 12:40 PM

told you - cup tied :greengrin

Lago
26-02-2019, 12:40 PM
More like the twilight zone😊

IWasThere2016
26-02-2019, 12:42 PM
All sorted .. Lennon to Cellic. Presser this pm I'm told

matty_f
26-02-2019, 12:52 PM
IMHO it's bonkers to think that Lennon has engineered his move away from Hibs to go to Celtc. For a start, Celtic could afford (comfortably) at any point, to come in and take a manager or any other staff from us. So right away the idea that the situation was manufactured relies on a completely unnecessary starting point.

Second, Lennon's stock is higher if he stays at Hibs and does well, so again this would be a better outcome for him than leaving in less than amicable circumstances after a run of bad results and rumours of fall-outs.

Then you look at the circumstances around Puel losing his job and Leicester identifying Rodgers as his successor, unless Celtic and Lennon had amazing prediction skills, there was never a guarantee that those circumstances would arise when they did, so Lennon working his ticket could have left him without a job for much longer than he planned.

It's ridiculous, IMHO.

matty_f
26-02-2019, 12:53 PM
I've only been on here five minutes today and I've read multiple folk claiming that they were told from a 'decent source' that, whilst he was still Hibs manager, Lennon was definitely going back to Celtc. Yet, no-one shared.

If there had been any sort of agreement, formal or otherwise, that he was getting the gig at Celtc and it was well enough known about for multiple posters on here to hear about, how many people in total would have heard the rumour? It would have been all over Twitter, Facebook etc.

But aye, conspiracy.

:agree: Yeah everyone knew but nobody said. Bonkers suggestion that doesn't stand up to any scrutiny.