PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers Gone, Lennie back to Celtc (merged threads)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Hibeesmad
26-02-2019, 06:48 PM
Wonder if they space cadets will be singing one neil lennon up the back of sect43 on Saturday

Hopefully not.

Heard it at the Hamilton game and it all felt very cringeworthy.

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2019, 06:49 PM
Wonder if they space cadets will be singing one neil lennon up the back of sect43 on Saturday

Nae chance. They'll be backing Hibs, like the rest of us.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 06:49 PM
Thinking back, it was a bit odd how gracious, understanding and thankful Lennon was when he surfaced a few weeks ago after being booted out of Hibs. Hmm !

Does that seem like the normal fight his corner winner Lennon? Of course not. He worked his ticket.

It this was any club with the same circumstances we would all be calling it disgracefully played by the manager and the old firm. Apart from hearts where would be laughing out heads off for a coach not giving a **** for months knowing he was leaving. It’s like Calderwood all over again.

Since452
26-02-2019, 06:50 PM
It all looks very dodgy. Football is a very small world. Lennon is extremely close to those at Celtic and if Leicester had been sounding out Rodgers since the turn of the year as has been suggested and people within Celtic knew then it would have filtered through to Lennon. Too coincidental for me and would explain some of Lennons baffling team selections and behaviour.

calumhibee1
26-02-2019, 06:51 PM
Nae chance. They'll be backing Hibs, like the rest of us.

From what we’ve heard of these guys I wouldn’t be so sure. Desperately trying to draw other Hibs fans into fights all in the name of backing NL.. it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they ramped it up even more.

jacomo
We have to be respectful when Lenny comes back to Easter Road and show him he's still loved and respected. A good ole sing song should cheer him up.

Lenny Lenny GTF, Lenny GTF

:flag::flag::flag:

I’d expect nothing less. Neither would Lennon I suspect. Maybe give Parker a wee go too?

But hopefully only briefly... we’ve got our own guys to support.

Callum_62
He just happened to stop really caring, happened to get suspended without going off his nut and fighting his own corner and happily left the club yeah? Or within a week or so of him leaving us this was all set up because he acted with dignity and loyalty to his position at Hibernian?

How could this be set up by early Feb when Puel was still in charge?

We still dont know why he was suspended. I dont see why he would need to “get himself suspended” so he can take a 3 month job at Celtic

Makes no sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnMcM
26-02-2019, 06:52 PM
The blue half of the bum-cheeks will now be sniffing the chance of their first ever league title, and our pink chums will probably not be super-happy to have Lennon visit them again.

:flag:

calumhibee1
26-02-2019, 06:53 PM

We still dont know why he was suspended. I dont see why he would need to “get himself suspended” so he can take a 3 month job at Celtic

Makes no sense

Puels jacket was on a shoogly peg when NL was still at Hibs. Of course Puel could have turned it round but managers very rarely do. It’s not out with the realms of possibility that it was a calculated gamble based on Puel not doing that, BR replacing him and NL replacing BR.

Robbo6-2
26-02-2019, 06:53 PM
Who gives a flying **** tbh.

Most important question is this going to save us some cash on Lennons pay out

Callum_62
26-02-2019, 06:54 PM
Puels jacket was on a shoogly peg when NL was still at Hibs. Of course Puel could have turned it round but managers very rarely do. It’s not out with the realms of possibility that it was a calculated gamble based on Puel not doing that, BR replacing him and NL replacing BR.

Again tho- he purposely get suspended from his current permanent job in the hope Leicester sack there manager and he gets a 3 month gig at Celtic?

Sounds fanciful IMHO

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 06:55 PM

Makes no sense

It makes plenty sense.

The writing was on the wall for Puel for months.

Lennon will have known the circumstances and who they wanted to replace him. You think Celtic only found out Leicester interest over the weekend?

They’ve been preparing for this for ages.

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2019, 06:55 PM
Leicester ahead. The Rodgers effect :greengrin

andyf5
26-02-2019, 06:56 PM
Nobody will ever convince me that Lennon was driven from ER or that he didn’t manipulate his departure. No coincidence ........ Ill-feeling and anti-Lennon sentiment? You bet there is........ from the majority of Hibs supporters, in my opinion.
not from me.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 06:56 PM
Leicester ahead. The Rodgers effect :greengrin

Leicester can bolt too.

Hibeesmad
26-02-2019, 06:57 PM

All of this also happens a few days after Celtic get knocked out of Europe. Perhaps BR told Leicester he wanted to see out the tie before being put in place.

calumhibee1
26-02-2019, 06:57 PM
Again tho- he purposely get suspended from his current permanent job in the hope Leicester sack there manager and he gets a 3 month gig at Celtic?

Sounds fanciful IMHO

He hasn’t seemed like a guy who’s heart was in it imo this season. If that’s the case then I’m sure the opportunity of 3 months of Celtic, two more trophies for his collection, about 6 times the wages he was probably on at Hibs and the potential of becoming permanent if he delivers the trophies (which he should) would have at least tempted him.

And he would know that given the circumstances that he needed to be available instantly which could explain him doing his part before the rest unfolded.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 06:59 PM

Sounds fanciful IMHO

Anyone confirmed why he was suspended yet?

goosefat
26-02-2019, 06:59 PM
We have to be respectful when Lenny comes back to Easter Road and show him he's still loved and respected. A good ole sing song should cheer him up.

:flag::flag::flag:

Has quite a nice ring to it.

Northernhibee
26-02-2019, 07:00 PM
I'll be cheering on Neil and Celtic tomorrow. I have no problem with him going there and bear him no Ill will.

If there was a way both Celtic and Hearts could both get pumped into the same game then I’d be all for it. You’d never catch me cheering that lot on.

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2019, 07:00 PM
Anyone confirmed why he was suspended yet?

He was seen on the grassy knoll, along with Jack Ruby and the babushka lady :wink:

Jim44
26-02-2019, 07:01 PM
It all looks very dodgy. Football is a very small world. Lennon is extremely close to those at Celtic and if Leicester had been sounding out Rodgers since the turn of the year as has been suggested and people within Celtic knew then it would have filtered through to Lennon. Too coincidental for me and would explain some of Lennons baffling team selections and behaviour.

Lennon’s erratic behaviour and his baffling team’s selections might be considered a point for conjecture by us, the supporters, but you can be sure that the players will have been well aware of what was probably going on and I hope their pride will spur them on to putting one over Celtic in the cup. Tomorrow’s Jambo v Celtic is a toughie ......... I can’t make up my mind what I’d like to see. I know you’re not allowed to nod towards any sort of Jambo win here but, well ........... :dunno:

high bee
26-02-2019, 07:03 PM
Can’t see why they couldn’t set up the Neil Lennon deal in an hour or so.

Wages - Much more than he’s been on for a few years and he would already know the ballpark having been there before.

Reputation - he’s been on an upward trajectory with us up until this season then he gets almost a free hit at winning the League.

Only interim - As above, unless he monumentally screws it he is back in the shop window for some high profile jobs.

Can’t think of any other stumbling blocks that the offer would bring him so seems a no brainer. Celtic know he’s got the ability and has the track record, and it prevents a rudderless ship at a critical point with a strengthened Rangers, compared to previous seasons, and it also buys time to find the right replacement.

As for BR - publicly wants back to EPL, LCFC are acknowledged as well run and ambitious, wages won’t be an issue.

Not saying there isn’t more to the story of NL leaving us but equally it’s entirely possible that a quick deal was reached.

calumhibee1
26-02-2019, 07:04 PM
Lennon’s erratic behaviour and his baffling team’s selections might be considered a point for conjecture by us, the supporters, but you can be sure that the players will have been well aware of what was probably going on and I hope their pride will spur them on to putting one over Celtic in the cup. Tomorrow’s Jambo v Celtic is a toughie ......... I can’t make up my mind what I’d like to see. I know you’re not allowed to nod towards any sort of Jambo win here but, well ........... :dunno:

I couldn’t bring myself to hope for a Hearts win but if they did it would put a hell of a lot of pressure on Celtic for Saturday.

brog
26-02-2019, 07:05 PM
Pat Bonner banging on about the timing and the Celtic supporters being unhappy about it. Suck it up Pat, you pinched your greatest ever manager from us, mid-season.

Not mid season at all. Fag end of season when we were in cup semi final & 2 points off league leaders!

Springbank
26-02-2019, 07:10 PM
Yesterday's Man Neil Lennon.
Saturday night's héro = Flo Kamberi
Thats football, thats compétitive sport.
Hope we smash the wee celtc scrote's team all over the park.
Fxxx Neil Lennon.

Cool_Hand_Luke
26-02-2019, 07:12 PM

A hearts defeat and Hibs win tomorrow closes the gap to 3 points.
A hearts win keeps the gap to at least 6 points...potentially more depending on our result...I know what I want :agree:

Jim44
26-02-2019, 07:24 PM
A hearts defeat and Hibs win tomorrow closes the gap to 3 points.
A hearts win keeps the gap to at least 6 points...potentially more depending on our result...I know what I want :agree:

My head agrees with you but I’ll not lose any sleep if Celtic get their feathers further ruffled tomorrow.

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 07:27 PM
I’m glad Hibs got rid of Lennon when they did, as its guaranteed they’d have lifted him today throwing us into chaos. Only gripe is that Hibs had to pay off his contract !

There is literally no chance Hibs paid off his contract.

Cool_Hand_Luke
26-02-2019, 07:30 PM
My head agrees with you but I’ll not lose any sleep if Celtic get their feathers further ruffled tomorrow.

Like someone said earlier...if only they could both get beat :greengrin

Libby Hibby
26-02-2019, 07:31 PM

Good.

B.H.F.C
26-02-2019, 07:33 PM
I couldn’t bring myself to hope for a Hearts win but if they did it would put a hell of a lot of pressure on Celtic for Saturday.

Celtic win. Hibs win. We get back to three points behind Hearts.

Only one outcome we should be thinking about at Tynecastle tomorrow IMO.

jacomo
26-02-2019, 07:34 PM

Makes no sense

:agree:

Lennon is out of work so a cheap and maybe short term option for Celtc.

If he was still at Hibs and going great then the Celtc fans would be clamouring for him and Celtc would be under pressure to prize him away from Hibs with a big contract (and compensation to us of course).

I just think people are adding 2 + 2 and getting 5 here.

jacomo
26-02-2019, 07:35 PM

Interesting, you’ve never said this before.

Jim44
26-02-2019, 07:37 PM

:agree: For some reason we don’t know about, LD and RP, despite the rumours and gossip about Lennon’s behaviour, allowed him to leave the club with minimal fuss and controversy. I have no doubt that Lennon manipulated or at least expedited his release.

calumhibee1
26-02-2019, 07:39 PM
Celtic win. Hibs win. We get back to three points behind Hearts.

Only one outcome we should be thinking about at Tynecastle tomorrow IMO.

You’re right. It would definitely be the best result for us tomorrow. :agree:

malcolm
26-02-2019, 07:40 PM
You don’t know they did he was possibly getting paid as not hence the report on the beeb earlier saying there were things to sort out with Hibs before the deal would be finalised.

He may have had to negotiate an escape from a clause preventing him from working for another club in Scotland agreed in exchange for Hibs keeping quiet on the circumstances.. :wink:

More believable than some of the tripe folk have been wanting to believe about how Hibs handled things :greengrin

pollution
26-02-2019, 07:43 PM
:agree: For some reason we don’t know about, LD and RP, despite the rumours and gossip about Lennon’s behaviour, allowed him to leave the club with minimal fuss and controversy. I have no doubt that Lennon manipulated or at least expedited his release.

The whole saga leaves a dirty taste in the mouth.
At first I thought it was a coincidence but now I'm not sure.

All credit to the Board for their efforts and professional behaviour.

Glory Lurker
26-02-2019, 07:44 PM
One Leeann Dempster,
There’s only one Leeann Dempster....:music:

Hibeesmad
26-02-2019, 07:46 PM
The whole saga leaves a dirty taste in the mouth.
At first I thought it was a coincidence but now I'm not sure.

All credit to the Board for their efforts and professional behaviour.

If this is mostly down to the reason for his departure then I fully understand Dempster’s frustration to potential rumours of the board not backing him and so on.

But maybe it’s all just utter drama.

WestCoastHibby
26-02-2019, 07:50 PM
I took pelters for saying we'd been given the mushroom treatment.
Some might say the whole debacle is convenient and smacks of conspiracy.
I just hope Neil Lennon's inside knowledge doesn't become our undoing in the cup game

Jim44
26-02-2019, 07:51 PM

I thought I’d heard it before. Just so happens I agree with it. I think you should make this your signature, Hibbyradge. :greengrin

AgentDaleCooper
26-02-2019, 07:56 PM
I just hope Neil Lennon's inside knowledge doesn't become our undoing in the cup game

he seemed to fundamentally not understand how to play most of them.

i think there'll also be quite a few players who feel they have something to prove.

ginger_rice
26-02-2019, 07:56 PM

His insider knowledge when still at Easter Road was our undoing in many of his last few games in charge :greengrin

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 08:11 PM
Who gives a flying **** tbh.

Most important question is this going to save us some cash on Lennons pay out

Why would he have been given a pay out?

leither17
26-02-2019, 08:13 PM
How much has the tragic crash involving the owner delayed the sacking of Puel?

Sylar
26-02-2019, 08:14 PM
Really surprised Celtc took Lennon back. I know one of their board of directors, and they were genuinely relieved to be shot of him when he left the last time around.

Wish him nothing but abject failure at Parkhead. I just hope that stepping back into that firing line doesn't end up seriously damaging his mental health with the undoubted abuse he'll face on a daily basis. While I don't doubt he faced similar challenges when he was with us, it'll be 10x worse being back in that Glasgow spotlight.

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 08:14 PM

I'm going to continue to saying it.

However, people keep saying the opposite.

That's not interesting, It's baffling.

SunshineOnLeith
26-02-2019, 08:16 PM

I for one am dreading Lenny preparing Celtic for Slivka playing on the right, Mallan playing holding midfield and Kamberi starring as a lone striker.

CathroMustStay
26-02-2019, 08:17 PM
Really surprised Celtc took Lennon back. I know one of their board of directors, and they were genuinely relieved to be shot of him when he left the last time around.

Wish him nothing but abject failure at Parkhead. I just hope that stepping back into that firing line doesn't end up seriously damaging his mental health with the undoubted abuse he'll face on a daily basis. While I don't doubt he faced similar challenges when he was with us, it'll be 10x worse being back in that Glasgow spotlight.

Abject failure for Lennon = you want Sevco to win the title?

Keith_M
26-02-2019, 08:25 PM
Spoke to a few Celtc Fans at work today and they are all disappointed Lennon is back.

One said that, even although they have sympathy for what he's had to go through, they'd rather not have the associated 'baggage' (his word, not mine).

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2019, 08:26 PM
Well….

https://youtu.be/A1OGbPaPovs

jacomo
26-02-2019, 08:46 PM
I'm going to continue to saying it.

However, people keep saying the opposite.

That's not interesting, It's baffling.

Do you have to? :greengrin

The reference to ongoing ‘contractual issues’ with Hibs suggest something else - you tend not to have any hold over an ex employee unless there’s money involved.

Oh no! You’ve dragged me back in!

jacomo
26-02-2019, 08:47 PM
Spoke to a few Celtc Fans at work today and they are all disappointed Lennon is back.

One said that, even although they have sympathy for what he's had to go through, they'd rather not have the associated 'baggage' (his word, not mine).

It would be quite funny if the wheels come off Celtc’s season now...

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 08:47 PM

Why no? The majority hate they ****s the same?

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 08:48 PM

It won’t be his fault obviously and randomly anyone who wishes this will be a bigot or full of hate randomly.

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2019, 08:51 PM

I'd much rather they won the title than the Sevco cheats. We'll take the cup :aok:

barcahibs
26-02-2019, 08:51 PM

Who gives a xxxx which one of the uglies wins the title? Happy to see any sevco or celtc manager fail.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 08:52 PM
I'd much rather they won the title than the Sevco cheats. We'll take the cup :aok:

Nah. They are both robbing ****.

HoboHarry
26-02-2019, 08:53 PM
Why no? The majority hate they ****s the same?
I wouldn't want Sevco to win a game of bingo far less a trophy. Cheating b******s in every sense and bring nothing but embarrassment to Scotland. F*** them.

jacomo
26-02-2019, 08:55 PM

Denying them the treble treble would be very, very sweet.

And it’s true that Sevco will be unbearable if they win the league. Celtc will feel like failures if they don’t get all three domestic trophies.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 08:56 PM
I wouldn't want Sevco to win a game of bingo far less a trophy. Cheating b******s in every sense and bring nothing but embarrassment to Scotland. F*** them.

I hate them both the same and would love Lennon and this stitch up to fall apart. You may have missed the 100 odd years if they funds robbing from us and the Celtc feeder club banners?

Zazu62
26-02-2019, 08:57 PM
In the dugout for tomorrow’s game

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2019, 08:58 PM
Denying them the treble treble would be very, very sweet.

And it’s true that Sevco will be unbearable if they win the league. Celtc will feel like failures if they don’t get all three domestic trophies.

And Slippy G with a league trophy for the first time in his career? No thanks.

HoboHarry
26-02-2019, 08:58 PM
I hate them both the same and would love Lennon and this stitch up to fall apart. You may have missed the 100 odd years if they funds robbing from us and the Celtc feeder club banners?
Robbing what from us? And you're offended by banners? Seriously?

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 09:00 PM
Robbing what from us? And you're offended by banners? Seriously?

Players, managers and the trend continues.

I’m not no, but to think anyone likes Celtic over huns when they rip the piss out of us continually especially this situation I’ve no idea why.

Both rangers and Celtic true colours always shows eventually and it has here.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 09:01 PM

Why not? Has he worked his ticket of of our club and left us this season?

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 09:01 PM
In the dugout for tomorrow’s game

Let’s hope Kennedy has set out the side to pump them rotten.

Hibeesmad
26-02-2019, 09:03 PM
I see Ryan Christie is out for a wee while, great advantage for Saturday

weecounty hibby
I said it many times on the numerous threads about him when he left. I hated him as a player for celtic, I hated him as a manager for celtic. That changed when he became our manager, I loved him as Hibs manager. Well he isn't Hibs manager anymore and is celtic manager again, guess where he is back to with me????

Hibernia&Alba
Why not? Has he worked his ticket of of our club and left us this season?

Sevco and Slippy can get tae **** for all eternity. They deserve nothing ever again because of their cheating, in addition to being the most disgusting club in the game.

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 09:07 PM
Do you have to? :greengrin

The reference to ongoing ‘contractual issues’ with Hibs suggest something else - you tend not to have any hold over an ex employee unless there’s money involved.

Oh no! You’ve dragged me back in!

https://youtu.be/UPw-3e_pzqU

There may well have been agreement that Lennon wouldn't take another job in Scotland for a period of time.

If that was the case, Celtc will have bought that part of the agreement out.

Remember, unlike Butcher, Hughes and Williamson, he never left Hibs for footballing reasons. His football contract was irrelevant.

WhileTheChief..
26-02-2019, 09:08 PM
Lennon got his pals in the media to get Rodgers the Leicester job. Fact.

jacomo
26-02-2019, 09:10 PM

Not what I wrote. Please read again.

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2019, 09:11 PM
Not what I wrote. Please read again.

I know; I was adding to you point, not contradicting it. Agree with you.

jacomo
26-02-2019, 09:12 PM
https://youtu.be/UPw-3e_pzqU

:greengrin

Inconsequential
26-02-2019, 09:16 PM
He was seen on the grassy knoll, along with Jack Ruby and the babushka lady :wink: …. and John Kennedy is on the Celtic bench.

jacomo
26-02-2019, 09:17 PM
I know; I was adding to you point, not contradicting it. Agree with you.

Ah ok. Fab!

The more I think about Sevco winning the league, the worse it gets.

Seeing as we’ve been talking about Leicester today... imagine if Hibs make steady progress next season and then put a title-winning run together in 2020/21.

Not sure anything could top the Scottish Cup win, but maybe that would!

HoboHarry
26-02-2019, 09:19 PM
Players, managers and the trend continues.

I’m not no, but to think anyone likes Celtic over huns when they rip the piss out of us continually especially this situation I’ve no idea why.

Both rangers and Celtic true colours always shows eventually and it has here.
Aye ok then.

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2019, 09:22 PM
…. and John Kennedy is on the Celtic bench.

:tee hee:

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 10:04 PM
Sevco and Slippy can get tae **** for all eternity. They deserve nothing ever again because of their cheating, in addition to being the most disgusting club in the game.

That’s your opinion. Mine is there that there’s two cancers of Scottish Football and when they come to town on Saturday pretending to be part of the IRA I’m not going to think the huns are worse.

wookie70
26-02-2019, 10:39 PM
New Manager Bounce v New Manager Bounce this Saturday then.

You only get a bounce when the previous one was let go usually for failure. If they are poached it often has the other effect. Hopefully that is the case come Saturday

jacomo
26-02-2019, 10:47 PM
That’s your opinion. Mine is there that there’s two cancers of Scottish Football and when they come to town on Saturday pretending to be part of the IRA I’m not going to think the huns are worse.

On the sectarian issue you can equate the two of them, absolutely.

But there does seem something particularly venal about Rangers / Sevco that deserves its own circle of Hell. The sheer scale of their cheating, and brazen refusal to accept responsibility, is something else.

Sorry off topic.

Borderhibbie76
26-02-2019, 10:52 PM
Why not? Has he worked his ticket of of our club and left us this season?They are welcome to him IMO...been a failure for months at Hibs with his poor management recruitment and tactics...we are well shot of him IMO and I for one wish him nothing but abject failure now he's at Darkheid.

We had a good 2 seasons under him but it all went south since Tiny last May ...Another big match we lost due to his bizarre starting 11.

Celtic can have him

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 10:52 PM
On the sectarian issue you can equate the two of them, absolutely.

But there does seem something particularly venal about Rangers / Sevco that deserves its own circle of Hell. The sheer scale of their cheating, and brazen refusal to accept responsibility, is something else.

Sorry off topic.

Sorry mate usually agree with all your posts but in my mind there is no doubt that the Celtic board would have done the same as huns had they had the chance. Just look at how they have ripped the piss in this scenario. Both are ****.

Captain Trips
26-02-2019, 10:58 PM
http://talking-baws.hoqt2ws7j.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Optimized-Heckk.png

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 11:00 PM
http://talking-baws.hoqt2ws7j.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Optimized-Heckk.png

#leader.

Jim44
26-02-2019, 11:03 PM

Says it all really. :hibees

poolman
26-02-2019, 11:10 PM
IMHO it's bonkers to think that Lennon has engineered his move away from Hibs to go to Celtc. For a start, Celtic could afford (comfortably) at any point, to come in and take a manager or any other staff from us. So right away the idea that the situation was manufactured relies on a completely unnecessary starting point.

Second, Lennon's stock is higher if he stays at Hibs and does well, so again this would be a better outcome for him than leaving in less than amicable circumstances after a run of bad results and rumours of fall-outs.

Then you look at the circumstances around Puel losing his job and Leicester identifying Rodgers as his successor, unless Celtic and Lennon had amazing prediction skills, there was never a guarantee that those circumstances would arise when they did, so Lennon working his ticket could have left him without a job for much longer than he planned.

It's ridiculous, IMHO.

Of course it is

Too many clairvoyants coming out the woodwork now

Funny how they never said anything a few weeks ago

poolman
26-02-2019, 11:21 PM
Nah, he’s shat in all Hibees faces.

Bloody Hell 🙄

calumhibee1
27-02-2019, 06:16 AM
Of course it is

Too many clairvoyants coming out the woodwork now

Funny how they never said anything a few weeks ago

There was loads of people who said Lennon looked like a man who was working his ticket before he left. Of course nobody said they foreseen Rodgers to LC with NL back to Celtic specifically but plenty people reckoned he looked like a man who was working his way out of Hibs.

Diclonius
27-02-2019, 06:17 AM

This

Argylehibby
27-02-2019, 07:15 AM

Makes no sense

How about this as a possibility?

January LCFC approach CFC for permission to speak to Rogers
CFC say not while we are still in Europe but agree they can speak to him once they're out.
CFC approach Lennon knowing that as soon as they're out BR's away.
Lennon works his ticket out and waits on CFC getting emptied from Europ League.
The rest is What we know has happened.

Is it really possible that BR signs for LCFC without checking the place out, without seeing what the family think etc? One call, one conversation and he's happy to give up a cushy, well paid job where he's unlikely to be sacked from without giving it any consideration, weighing things up etc.

I can't see it to be honest.

DetroitHibs
27-02-2019, 07:17 AM
This all happened VERY fast.

Callum_62
27-02-2019, 07:20 AM
Folk will believe what they want to believe i guess

I just cant see Lennon going all out to get suspended ans ultimately released so he can get an interim job for a few months

At a club that could easily have taken him from us if they really wanted him

heretoday
27-02-2019, 07:29 AM
So much hatred on these boards!

Personally, I've never forgiven Celtic for poaching Jock Stein from us back in the sixties when we were poised to win silverware. So I've no sympathy with them in their current plight.

It's football. It's what happens.

PatHead
27-02-2019, 07:31 AM

I just cant see Lennon going all out to get suspended ans ultimately released so he can get an interim job for a few months

That is my thoughts. I think he had just run his course.

Steve20
27-02-2019, 07:50 AM
Hopefully we can knock Lennon and his beloved Celtic out the cup on Saturday.

I hope he fails miserably and messes up the league too. Although, hopefully he picks up three points tonight against Hearts before messing it up :greengrin

Springbank
27-02-2019, 07:53 AM
ITV have just announced that tonight's episode of popular gameshow "Tipping Point" will be filmed live from Tynecastle Park in Edinburgh, as a hail of coins rains down towards a solitary target.

Who will win?

The bullying and entirely "coincidental" Neil Lennon, or Hearts?

Edinburgh Council have rubber stamped a safety certificate in time for the show to take place

Hibbyradge
27-02-2019, 08:24 AM

Well, there's the fact that Lennon has only been appointed on an interim basis, which changes things a bit, but I'm not sure how.

I don't think there's any doubt that Rodgers was approached well in advance of yesterday's appointment. In all likelihood, Celtic will have been spoken to privately first and they would have discussed it with Rodgers.

They're asking us to believe that in one day, BR heard about the interest from LCFC, considered it, talked it over with his family, spoken to Leicester about his role, the club's ambitions and the monies available in May, informed Celtc of his decision, said cheery-bye to the players and had the compensation sorted and BRs contract negotiated and agreed in the space of about 10 hours.

The powers that be must think we're mugs if they think we'll swallow that.

The only question in my mind, despite my certainty yesterday, is when did Lennon know.

There are several possibilities;

1. He didn't know. It seems unlikely that he would be unaware of Leicester's moves for Rodgers, but maybe he hadn't been earmarked for the job by then.

2. Maybe he did know that the Celtc job would eventually come his way and his departure from Hibs was the result of a series of unfortunate incidents betraying a lack of judgement, self control and awareness, or managerial nous, rather than deliberate sabotage.

3. He's a treacherous, back-stabbing, unpredictable snake. Sorry, I mean, Lawell had approached him to offer the job, but because his relationship with Hibs had soured so much because of the SJM non-transfer, he didn't want to pay us any compensation so insisted Lennon walked or got dismissed.

There are probably other scenarios, but I'm floating between 2 and 3 at the moment. I'm around 2.3 on that scale.

Gloucester Hibs
27-02-2019, 08:57 AM
Well, there's the fact that Lennon has only been appointed on an interim basis, which changes things a bit, but I'm not sure how.

I don't think there's any doubt that Rodgers was approached well in advance of yesterday's appointment. In all likelihood, Celtic will have been spoken to privately first and they would have discussed it with Rodgers.

They're asking us to believe that in one day, BR heard about the interest from LCFC, considered it, talked it over with his family, spoken to Leicester about his role, the club's ambitions and the monies available in May, informed Celtc of his decision, said cheery-bye to the players and had the compensation sorted and BRs contract negotiated and agreed in the space of about 10 hours.

The only question in my mind, despite my certainty yesterday, is when did Lennon know.

1. He didn't know. It seems unlikely that he would be unaware of Leicester's moves for Rodgers, but maybe he hadn't been earmarked for the job by then.

2. Maybe he did know that the Celtc job would eventually come his way and his departure from Hibs was the result of a series of unfortunate incidents betraying a lack of judgement, self control and awareness, or managerial nous, rather than deliberate sabotage.

3. He's a treacherous, back-stabbing, unpredictable snake. Sorry, I mean, Lawell had approached him to offer the job, but because his relationship with Hibs had soured so much because of the SJM non-transfer, he didn't want to pay us any compensation so insisted Lennon walked or got dismissed.

There are probably other scenarios, but I'm floating between 2 and 3 at the moment. I'm around 2.3 on that scale.

Kind of where I am too. My issue with theory 3 is it requires Leicester's involvement from quite an early stage? Looking back at Leicester's results from early January it's not totally implausible though.

Carheenlea
27-02-2019, 09:01 AM
I’m now quite pleased with myself that as much as I liked Lennon at Hibs, I never got as far as calling him “Lenny”. Always found the moniker a bit too Celticy for my liking.

Hibbyradge
27-02-2019, 09:13 AM
Kind of where I am too. My issue with theory 3 is it requires Leicester's involvement from quite an early stage? Looking back at Leicester's results from early January it's not totally implausible though.

My thinking has moved this morning.

Even if NL knew that Rodgers had been lined up for Leicester, and why would he, I no longer think he expected to be offered the Celtc job.

Fluid thinking. It's allowed.

I wish our government realised that too, but that's for another place.

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2019, 09:16 AM
My thinking has moved this morning.

Even if NL knew that Rodgers had been lined up for Leicester, and why would he, I no longer think he expected to be offered the Celtc job.

Fluid thinking. It's allowed.

I wish our government realised that too, but that's for another place.

And when you figure in that Moyes was their first choice, its all bollox IMHO.

BILLYHIBS
27-02-2019, 09:17 AM

Interesting post as usual Radge

Also interesting is the fact that the Lennyknew poll has now swung in favour of Lennyknew albeit by a small majority :confused:

Wakeyhibee
27-02-2019, 09:25 AM
When you think Hibs took 3 weeks to appoint a successor, Leicester 48hrs & Celtic -2hrs (unveiled before Rodgers confirmed).

That is no dig, but shows we very rarely see or know the full story.

Only thing I can summise was Hibs situation was put upon them most likely unexpectedly. Leicester & Celtic knew it was coming.

Hibbyradge
27-02-2019, 09:26 AM
Interesting post as usual Radge

Also interesting is the fact that the Lennyknew poll has now swung in favour of Lennyknew albeit by a small majority :confused:

The question isn't really whether he knew, or even what he knew, it's whether he deliberately sabotaged Hibs.

My initial kneejerk, unthinking reaction was that we'd been played.

Having calmed down, I don't believe that now and I'm a bit ashamed of myself that I let my emotions (mostly anger) override my usual measured thought processes. ::tee hee:

It's actually quite insulting to the snake, oops, I mean Neil Lennon, to think that he'd be so treacherous and unprofessional.

My tinfoil hat is back in its drawer, but Colin Calderwood has a lot to answer for.

heretoday
27-02-2019, 09:30 AM
Glad Rodgers is gone. I was fed up with his ugly mug all over the place.
Not that Lennon's is much of an improvement!

Hibbyradge
27-02-2019, 09:30 AM
When you think Hibs took 3 weeks to appoint a successor, Leicester 48hrs & Celtic -2hrs (unveiled before Rodgers confirmed).

That is no dig, but shows we very rarely see or know the full story.

Only thing I can summise was Hibs situation was put upon them most likely unexpectedly. Leicester & Celtic knew it was coming.

Correct.

Celtc had to act quickly, though. NL was about to board a plane ...

Wakeyhibee
27-02-2019, 09:32 AM
Correct.

Celtc had to act quickly, though. NL was about to board a plane ...

That I didn't know HR

Spike Mandela
27-02-2019, 09:41 AM
We now have a Celtic manager who knows more about the Hibs squad than our current manager.

I really hope the players feel they have something to prove to Lennon on Saturday.

BILLYHIBS
27-02-2019, 09:53 AM
We now have a Celtic manager who knows more about the Hibs squad than our current manager.

I really hope the players feel they have something to prove to Lennon on Saturday.

Neil Lennon knows how they can play in every position apart from their best positions

Hopefully playing as a unit in their best positions they will have something to prove to Neil Lennon especially Flo Kamberi and SDG

Bring it on!

Cannae wait!

Scott Allan Key
27-02-2019, 09:56 AM
Why the anti-Lennon sentiment?

He made an excellent contribution to the club. Let's just move on.

The timing is purely coincidence. There's 3 clubs involved!

Because he’s a bully. Much as I enjoyed last season. He lost the dressing room and my support as a result.

we are hibs
27-02-2019, 10:03 AM
McGregor and Christie out for Celtic against us. Great news

HibeeHibernian4
27-02-2019, 10:03 AM

Just came on here to post likewise, very good for us. :agree:

The 90+2
27-02-2019, 10:09 AM
Just came on here to post likewise, very good for us. :agree:

Izaguirre in centre midfield then - perfect.

Diclonius
27-02-2019, 10:09 AM

Allan in maybe.

The 90+2
27-02-2019, 10:10 AM
Allan in maybe.

He won't be anywhere near match fit surely?

Scott Allan Key
27-02-2019, 10:19 AM
And when you figure in that Moyes was their first choice, its all bollox IMHO.

I doubt Moyes was their first choice. They can’t help being deceptive and underhand at Celtic. I’m sure they’re not innocent in this.

we are hibs
27-02-2019, 10:21 AM
Allan in maybe.

I think they only have 3 available midfielders in Bitton, Brown and Henderson's wee brother. Bet they regret letting mulumbu go now 👀

oldbutdim
27-02-2019, 10:23 AM
I’m now quite pleased with myself that as much as I liked Lennon at Hibs, I never got as far as calling him “Lenny”. Always found the moniker a bit too Celticy for my liking.

Thought it was maybe just me that felt that way.

I couldn't bring myself to say it, or even write it.
Not even now!
:greengrin

Since452
27-02-2019, 10:37 AM

Yup thought it was just me who felt like that. Lenny just reeks of Celtic

where'stheslope
27-02-2019, 10:49 AM
People who wonder why Rodgers left Celtic in such a hurry must be blind!
In Scotland he won everything in our National League, when other teams were bringing in players costing £250K, Celtic were bringing in £4-10 million players so its hardly surprising that he won everything!
This season he has seen a challenge being mounted, though in the league is seems to have fallen away, but the Scottish Cup may not be a gimmee for the treble treble?
If he failed at the treble treble, it would be a black mark against him given their domination of Scottish football!
So, now away to Leicester for another stab at the EPL but with huge amounts to spend on players from all over the world (not like in Scotland, where players use us as a stepping stone to better things)!
How he will fair is up in the air, as they have struggled this season, maybe in the next transfer window he might do Scottish football a favour and deplete Celtic of some of their better players????

Lago
27-02-2019, 11:09 AM
Have to say N L in all the photos I've seen is one very happy looking chappy, long gone is the sulky individual slumped in the Easter Road dug out & he'll be happy now to be a manager again rather than a mere head coach😊

Springbank
27-02-2019, 11:21 AM
Have to say N L in all the photos I've seen is one very happy looking chappy, long gone is the sulky individual slumped in the Easter Road dug out & he'll be happy now to be a manager again rather than a mere head coach��

He was ok with us right up until the point where the chips are down

Then he was a thug, a bully, a coward (hiding in his dug out all autumn and feart to face the press)

Hope we smash that wee scrote's team ALL OVER THE PARK on Saturday.

C'mon the Hibs!

MyJo
27-02-2019, 11:34 AM

Lets hope then that he continues to think that Horgan is an attacking central midfielder, Mallan is a defensive midfielder, Whittaker is a better right back than Gray and Kamberi will be playing as a lone striker.

Diclonius
27-02-2019, 11:37 AM
There will be a lot of players out there with a point to prove on Saturday evening.

A last minute Kamberi winner may lead to some "interesting" celebrations.

Sioux
27-02-2019, 11:41 AM
In Scotland he won everything in our National League, when other teams were bringing in players costing £250K, Celtic were bringing in £4-10 million players so its hardly surprising that he won everything!
This season he has seen a challenge being mounted, though in the league is seems to have fallen away, but the Scottish Cup may not be a gimmee for the treble treble?
If he failed at the treble treble, it would be a black mark against him given their domination of Scottish football!
So, now away to Leicester for another stab at the EPL but with huge amounts to spend on players from all over the world (not like in Scotland, where players use us as a stepping stone to better things)!
How he will fair is up in the air, as they have struggled this season, maybe in the next transfer window he might do Scottish football a favour and deplete Celtic of some of their better players????

Are you saying that Rodgers wanted out of Celtic because they might not win the Scottish cup?

Winning 8 out of 9 domestic trophies would be a black mark against him?

Behave.

HoboHarry
27-02-2019, 11:58 AM
Bit early in the day to be drunk no?

judas
27-02-2019, 12:08 PM

Then he was a thug, a bully, a coward (hiding in his dug out all autumn and feart to face the press)

C'mon the Hibs!

POST OF THE WEEK AWARD for me.

I agree with every word :agree:

Smartie
27-02-2019, 12:12 PM
POST OF THE WEEK AWARD for me.

I agree with every word :agree:

Are you going to need to change your username to avoid being mistaken for Lennon?

cleanyman
27-02-2019, 12:31 PM
Looks like I haven't missed much then

Scottie
27-02-2019, 12:48 PM

C'mon the Hibs!
:not worth I hope we give him it tight on Saturday night. The Snake has been working his ticket out of Easter Road since the summer imo. Back to where he wants to be now so should get all the abuse any Sellick manager deserves from us.

jacomo
27-02-2019, 01:28 PM

I slipped into it because, at the end of the day, a nickname is usually just a useful shorthand and its genesis is unimportant.

Celtc fans still can’t spell the name of their own club though.

HibeeHibernian4
27-02-2019, 01:39 PM
Are you saying that Rodgers wanted out of Celtic because they might not win the Scottish cup?

Winning 8 out of 9 domestic trophies would be a black mark against him?

Behave.

No but if he had gone to Leicester in the summer having failed to win the Scottish Cup (particularly if it was a final defeat to Rangers), then that’d be a sad way to leave it, in his eyes.

Having said that, the way he’s left now has hardly been the dream exit either.

southsider
27-02-2019, 01:40 PM
Yup thought it was just me who felt like that. Lenny just reeks of Celtic

Aye, kept doing Celtic chat tours whilst our head couch. Disgrace and so disrespectful to Hibs. Up to us to do the business come Sat eve. Come on Hibs !

jakeds
27-02-2019, 02:02 PM
You’re right. It would definitely be the best result for us tomorrow. :agree:

Celtic to pump hearts and give them a false sense of confidence and then we go on to beat them easily at the weekend

The 90+2
27-02-2019, 02:28 PM
Celtic to pump hearts and give them a false sense of confidence and then we go on to beat them easily at the weekend

Regardless of my thoughts on the whole situation I always want hearts to get pumped. Yesterday not so much but now aye I hope they take 5 or 6 off them.

neil7908
27-02-2019, 04:49 PM
Interesting comment in a piece in the Guardian on Rodgers "Leicester’s interest in the former Liverpool manager had lasted for months.".

They are usually fairly reliable and less prone to tabloid type nonsense. Would also make sense given how quickly the move happened.

So if we can be pretty sure Celtic knew Rodgers was likely to leave shortly, presumably they would have been making plans as well. Is it outside the realms of possibility that Celtic tapped up Lennon about coming back? Maybe Hibs found out and that's why he left and we haven't said anything public.

All total speculation but it doesn't sound crazy to me.

superfurryhibby
27-02-2019, 04:51 PM
Interesting comment in a piece in the Guardian on Rodgers "Leicester’s interest in the former Liverpool manager had lasted for months.".

They are usually fairly reliable and less prone to tabloid type nonsense. Would also make sense given how quickly the move happened.

So if we can be pretty sure Celtic knew Rodgers was likely to leave shortly, presumably they would have been making plans as well. Is it outside the realms of possibility that Celtic tapped up Lennon about coming back? Maybe Hibs found out and that's why he left and we haven't said anything public.

Definitely not crazy.

A situation that suited all parties I would say.

Here’s Lucy!
27-02-2019, 04:57 PM
Neil Lennon has shafted us.

scooby
27-02-2019, 05:00 PM

Given Lennons close relationship with Brenda, he will have been fully aware. We've been played big time.

DarlingtonHibee
27-02-2019, 05:06 PM
I agree with you.

Neil threw the toys out of the pram, knowing well that Brenda was on his way. Cheated us out of compensation.

Shame because I thought hibs were good for him and vice versa.

Heisenberg
27-02-2019, 05:11 PM
If a different manager had left us in the same circumstances and then gone to Rangers there would be uproar on here. Lennon is now Celtc manager and can absolutely get to ****.

superfurryhibby
27-02-2019, 05:14 PM
I agree with you.

Neil threw the toys out of the pram, knowing well that Brenda was on his way. Cheated us out of compensation.

Shame because I thought hibs were good for him and vice versa.

Do you really believe Lennon contrived to baffle us with crap tactics, team selections and all the other shenanigans months in advance so he could save Celtic compo when Rogers left them? The football was largely, but not always, mince for the three months before he was to leave the club.

It was a mutually beneficial parting of ways for me, regardless of hypothetical compo etc. Calling him a cheat is so wrong in my view.

HoboHarry
27-02-2019, 05:20 PM
Do you really believe Lennon contrived to baffle us with crap tactics, team selections and all the other shenanigans months in advance so he could save Celtic compo when Rogers left them? The football was largely, but not always, mince for the three months before he was to leave the club.

It was a mutually beneficial parting of ways for me, regardless of hypothetical compo etc. Calling him a cheat is so wrong in my view.
If any of the toilets get clogged up at ER in the next couple of months I'm calling it that Lennon was to blame for that as well. He's a cunning devil so he is......

Golden Bear
27-02-2019, 05:21 PM
It's not often we seen him in a collar and tie when he was with us. He must have changed his image now that he is back with his beloved Celtic. 🙄

DarlingtonHibee
27-02-2019, 05:24 PM

Just seems a lot of coincidence.

Rodgers knew about Leicester a few days ago.

Don't believe it was all agreed in 24 hours.

superfurryhibby
27-02-2019, 05:24 PM
If any of the toilets get clogged up at ER in the next couple of months I'm calling it that Lennon was to blame for that as well. He's a cunning devil so he is......

Seagull ****s on a fan’s head......Lennon at it.

green day
27-02-2019, 05:25 PM
It's not often we seen him in a collar and tie when he was with us. He must have changed his image now that he is back with his beloved Celtic. 🙄

Collar and tie when announced for us too:thumbsup:

Golden Bear
27-02-2019, 05:26 PM
Collar and tie when announced for us too:thumbsup:

I'll be watching! 😁

superfurryhibby
27-02-2019, 05:35 PM
Just seems a lot of coincidence.

Rodgers knew about Leicester a few days ago.

Don't believe it was all agreed in 24 hours.

Yes, Rodgers no doubt was well aware of Leicester. Lennon would gave been asked about Celtic too.

Coincidence, definitely not.

Cheating Hibs etc though, not for me. Lennon had been close to the sack and if we had lost one more game during that horrible run the pressure would have seen him cave in or get fired. Round about the time of no oress conferences, Kamberi comments etc. I felt it was only the compo issue that kept him in the job, dae you not think?

Here’s hoping the players and fans give him a rousing “welcome” back. The stage is set and a Hibees win would be talked about for a long time

HibeeHibernian4
27-02-2019, 05:42 PM
There are two separate options here:

1) Neil Lennon performed woefully for Hibs for his last three or four months in charge

2) What Neil Lennon may or may not have known about an upcoming vacancy at Parkhead and went into sabotage mode.

Personally, I think option 1 is far more likely. Lennon is NOWHERE near as good as some people seem to think he is, and if Celtic are stupid enough to give him the job beyond the summer, he will be found out very, very quickly. The reality is he’ll probably he found out before then and not given the job because, as far as I’m concerned, he will not win the Scottish Cup. He is a shocking Cup Manager and for all some people on here think he’s ‘incredible’, Stubbs pisses all over him when we talk about cups and winning mentalities.

Northernhibee
27-02-2019, 06:06 PM
There are two separate options here:

1) Neil Lennon performed woefully for Hibs for his last three or four months in charge

2) What Neil Lennon may or may not have known about an upcoming vacancy at Parkhead and went into sabotage mode.

Personally, I think option 1 is far more likely. Lennon is NOWHERE near as good as some people seem to think he is, and if Celtic are stupid enough to give him the job beyond the summer, he will be found out very, very quickly. The reality is he’ll probably he found out before then and not given the job because, as far as I’m concerned, he will not win the Scottish Cup. He is a shocking Cup Manager and for all some people on here think he’s ‘incredible’, Stubbs pisses all over him when we talk about cups and winning mentalities.

When we lost in the playoffs thanks to some awful refereeing decisions, Stubbsy didn't sulk, he didn't throw the toys out of the pram or single anyone out. He picked the team back up and sent us back on the road to win the Scottish cup. Winner :gwa:

Waxy
27-02-2019, 06:06 PM
Almost any member of hibs.net would manage Celtic to the title this season.

SRHibs
27-02-2019, 06:08 PM
When we lost in the playoffs thanks to some awful refereeing decisions, Stubbsy didn't sulk, he didn't throw the toys out of the pram or single anyone out. He picked the team back up and sent us back on the road to win the Scottish cup. Winner :gwa:

Yup, almost wish we’d told Lennon to bolt when he had a meltdown the very first time. People too quick to justify it with the “he’s a winner” pish.

HibeeHibernian4
27-02-2019, 06:14 PM
Yup, almost wish we’d told Lennon to bolt when he had a meltdown the very first time. People too quick to justify it with the “he’s a winner” pish.

Amazing what the average punter up here will swallow wholesale if it’s repeated by enough ‘respected’ columnists. Lennon played in a Celtic team whose budget dwarved five sixths of the division and then managed a Celtic team whose budget dwarved every other team’s. There’s no ‘winning mentality’ there, just outrageous fortune that he happened to be manager of a side who virtually couldn’t lose any title from 2011-14 and a Hibs side who had a huge budget compared to the rest, and riding the coattails of a cup he didn’t win.

Northernhibee
27-02-2019, 06:16 PM
Amazing what the average punter up here will swallow wholesale if it’s repeated by enough ‘respected’ columnists. Lennon played in a Celtic team whose budget dwarved five sixths of the division and then managed a Celtic team whose budget dwarved every other team’s. There’s no ‘winning mentality’ there, just outrageous fortune that he happened to be manager of a side who virtually couldn’t lose any title from 2011-14 and a Hibs side who had a huge budget compared to the rest, and riding the coattails of a cup he didn’t win.

Unless someone can correct me, he's never won anything as a manager when he hasn't had the largest budget in the competition. Telling.

sambajustice
27-02-2019, 06:16 PM

What a ridiculous post!

Springbank
27-02-2019, 06:17 PM
lennon had no clue this season

turned a 6-1 lead against faroese fishermen into squeaky bum time ffs

was absolutely owned by Levein in the derbies

only showed up when it was v rangers

spent rest of the time sulking in the dug out, avoiding pressers & locking horns with Flo etc

Not a tactician & not a motivator

It's not hibs who have lost out here, it's celtic and I hope we smash them Saturday

HibeeHibernian4
Unless someone can correct me, he's never won anything as a manager when he hasn't had the largest budget in the competition. Telling.

Nobody will be able to correct you NH, because it’s absolutely spot on.

CathroMustStay

You wish we had sacked Lennon after delivering our highest league points tally in the modern era?

Good one chief.

CathroMustStay
27-02-2019, 06:18 PM

Same applies to McLesh, Mowbray, Collins and Stubbs.

Northernhibee
27-02-2019, 06:19 PM

The Scottish Cup.

Also, Collins with the League Cup.

wookie70
27-02-2019, 06:24 PM

Was Lennon a member here. I suspect most of us would leave well alone but Lennon might fancy tinkering and break much of the good work he inherits.

They have a few injuries and still have to play the other cheek of the arse twice so stranger things have happened. The change in style from Brenda to Lennon will be enormous and I think it is telling what is being said about what Brenda has left behind. He was a very good manager, organiser, planner, coach and motivator. If Brenda had a royal flush of managerial skills I suspect Lennon is sitting with an Ace high. He is going into a well oiled machine but all it takes is a bit of grit to cause some friction and he is just the man for that job. Not exactly a great scenario for us that are unhappy with the way he managed us in the last few months because as much as I would like to see him fail miserably the last thing I want is for The Rangers to profit.

Let's just get them out of the Cup and have his remaining Celtc tenure blighted and for him to be remembered as the man that took a week to f*** up the Treble Treble. I can see a world record toy chucking performance come Saturday evening.

SideBurns
27-02-2019, 06:26 PM
Plenty revisionist history on here now he's the Celtic boss. Ten months ago we were enthusing about wins over Hearts, Tic and The Huns, and a possible 2nd place finish in our first season back up. The only arguments were over whether the fitba was the best seen since the Tornadoes.

For what it's worth, I think his time was up regardless of what triggered the parting of the ways and I'm feeling optimistic about the new management team. However, the vitriol towards Lennon seems pretty astonishing. I know fans are fickle but some of the stuff I've read today is ridiculous.

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2019, 06:26 PM
lennon had no clue this season

turned a 6-1 lead against faroese fishermen into squeaky bum time ffs

was absolutely owned by Levein in the derbies

only showed up when it was v rangers

spent rest of the time sulking in the dug out, avoiding pressers & locking horns with Flo etc

Not a tactician & not a motivator

It's not hibs who have lost out here, it's celtic and I hope we smash them SaturdayOkay I'm not Lennon fan but this is utter and complete rubbish. We beat the Faroe team ****ing 12-5 ffs.

Beefster
27-02-2019, 06:30 PM
Okay I'm not Lennon fan but this is utter and complete rubbish. We beat the Faroe team ****ing 12-5 ffs.

Speak for yourself. When they got to within 5 goals of us with half an hour remaining, I was proper ****ting it.

wookie70
27-02-2019, 06:30 PM
You wish we had sacked Lennon after delivering our highest league points tally in the modern era?

Good one chief. Was his first meltdown not the Aberdeen semi final. He could have walked that day as far as I was concerned as it had been pretty underwhelming up to that point.

Waxy
27-02-2019, 06:31 PM
In that interview he actually seems in awe of the players at celtic.
If he’d shown the Hibs players the same we would never have been down in the bottom six.

wookie70
27-02-2019, 06:31 PM
Same applies to McLesh, Mowbray, Collins and Stubbs. 50% correct

silverhibee
27-02-2019, 06:39 PM
In that interview he actually seems in awe of the players at celtic.
If he’d shown the Hibs players the same we would never have been down in the bottom six.

No rejects in the Celtc squad just top class players.

Crazyhorse
27-02-2019, 06:40 PM
Plenty revisionist history on here now he's the Celtic boss. Ten months ago we were enthusing about wins over Hearts, Tic and The Huns, and a possible 2nd place finish in our first season back up. The only arguments were over whether the fitba was the best seen since the Tornadoes.

For what it's worth, I think his time was up regardless of what triggered the parting of the ways and I'm feeling optimistic about the new management team. However, the vitriol towards Lennon seems pretty astonishing. I know fans are fickle but some of the stuff I've read today is ridiculous.

Completely agree. But it’s time to move on from Lennon and the conspiracy theories.

heretoday
27-02-2019, 06:43 PM
Completely agree. But it’s time to move on from Lennon and the conspiracy theories.

Hear Hear! It's so nice to be removed from all the controversy and media scrimmage that will be following Lennon around. We just have to concentrate on the bread and butter of playing at Perth tonight. Bliss.

sambajustice
27-02-2019, 07:00 PM

Probably coz he woz a kafflick!

SRHibs
27-02-2019, 08:49 PM

Good one chief.

Aye, chief.

Crunchie
28-02-2019, 03:58 AM
I said it many times on the numerous threads about him when he left. I hated him as a player for celtic, I hated him as a manager for celtic. That changed when he became our manager, I loved him as Hibs manager. Well he isn't Hibs manager anymore and is celtic manager again, guess where he is back to with me????

:aok: And me :aok:

supermcginn
28-02-2019, 05:12 AM

Mcleish won the English league cup with birmingham.

Libby Hibby
28-02-2019, 06:02 AM

Why let facts get in the way of your point.

heretoday
28-02-2019, 06:10 AM

You're not wrong!

They could have put Scott Brown in charge and still win the thing.

Springbank
28-02-2019, 06:30 AM
Okay I'm not Lennon fan but this is utter and complete rubbish. We beat the Faroe team ****ing 12-5 ffs.

go read the post match quotes.

Lennon & players described going behind early and conceding 4 to the faroese as not on, squeaky bum time.

MWHIBBIES
28-02-2019, 06:33 AM

Lennon & players described going behind early and conceding 4 to the faroese as not on, squeaky bum time.If we won 7-0 would that be okay? A 7 goal margin isn't squeaky bum time.

Beefster
28-02-2019, 06:36 AM

Lennon & players described going behind early and conceding 4 to the faroese as not on, squeaky bum time.

There’s a world of difference between a manager or player saying something like ‘losing those goals to a Faroese team is not acceptable’ and you claiming it was ever squeaky bum time.

Just Jimmy
28-02-2019, 07:06 AM
Almost any member of hibs.net would manage Celtic to the title this season.I wouldn't. wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

I'm ambitious, I'd rather manager a midtable English club that will never win anything or play in Europe.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

sambajustice
28-02-2019, 07:21 AM
I wouldn't. wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

I'm ambitious, I'd rather manager a midtable English club that will never win anything or play in Europe.

So translate that to Scotland and no manager worth their salt would want to manage Hibs. A mid table Scottish club that never wins anything and rarely plays in Europe...

J-C
28-02-2019, 09:35 AM

No but I can believe Leeann found out he was interested in taking over from Rodgers and maybe that was the reason for their heated discussion that friday and subsequent suspension. Or as others have said it's all pure coincidence.

WestCoastHibby
28-02-2019, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=J-C;5724516]No but I can believe Leeann found out he was interested in taking over from Rodgers and maybe that was the reason for their heated discussion that friday and subsequent suspension. Or as others have said it's all pure coincidence.[/QUOTE

Aye mebbes

Paisley Hibby
28-02-2019, 10:25 AM
No but I can believe Leeann found out he was interested in taking over from Rodgers and maybe that was the reason for their heated discussion that friday and subsequent suspension. Or as others have said it's all pure coincidence.

Either he engineered it or he was sacked for unacceptable conduct (but he has good lawyers so we did a deal). Take your pick. Either way he's a ****.

HoboHarry
28-02-2019, 10:32 AM
Reading this thread is like rubber necking a car crash - you what you are seeing is there but you can't quite believe you are witnessing it. FFS we have some doozies on here.....

G B Young
28-02-2019, 10:51 AM
Feel free to merge with the other Lennon threads, but personally I was delighted to see him emerge with a win last night at a ground where he's probably suffered more abuse than any other. That must have been sweet.

I haven't really commented since his appointment as Celtic boss but I wish him well (except for this Saturday!) and bear him no ill will in the slightest. I thought he was tremendous for Hibs with the exception of his final couple of months. I He was an inspirational appointment (one which I would never have believed we could have made at the time). He maintained the upward trajectory and brought in a bit of swagger to the way the club was perceived.

It's a shame it ended the way it did, but as we've seen from subsequent results he's left us with a squad which doesn't require a major overhaul and one which Heckingbottom can hopefully improve with two or three shrewd signings.

Ultimately, Lennon is a 'Celtic man' but he changed my views on him during his time at Hibs and whatever others think I enjoyed his time as manager. As a Hibs fan who is getting a little longer in the tooth, I've seen some really depressing dross at ER down the years and I find it hard to understand anyone who says they didn't think Lennon did a good job for us. All the best to him.

givescotlandfreedom
28-02-2019, 11:00 AM
I don't really dislike him either. Did a decent job with us and has been respectful since. Levein's face when Celtc scored was a joy to behold.

silverhibee
28-02-2019, 12:23 PM
For someone who was very outspoken in his time at Hibs he is very quiet regards the pish that was sung by the Celtc support last night and also the missiles thrown at the yams goalkeeper in the 2nd half.

heretoday
28-02-2019, 12:37 PM
I wouldn't. wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

LoL. At least you'd get to play the likes of Liverpool and City quite often.. More exciting than Hamilton Accies on a wet Wednesday, I think.

southsider
28-02-2019, 02:08 PM
LoL. At least you'd get to play the likes of Liverpool and City quite often.. More exciting than Hamilton Accies on a wet Wednesday, I think.

Scotland has approx ten percent of the population of the Uk. If sky put ten percent of the TV money into our game it would be a win/win but they will not do that coz they don’t care about our game. That’s why I no longer subscribe.

.Sean.
28-02-2019, 02:20 PM
Feel free to merge with the other Lennon threads, but personally I was delighted to see him emerge with a win last night at a ground where he's probably suffered more abuse than any other. That must have been sweet.

I haven't really commented since his appointment as Celtic boss but I wish him well (except for this Saturday!) and bear him no ill will in the slightest. I thought he was tremendous for Hibs with the exception of his final couple of months. I He was an inspirational appointment (one which I would never have believed we could have made at the time). He maintained the upward trajectory and brought in a bit of swagger to the way the club was perceived.

It's a shame it ended the way it did, but as we've seen from subsequent results he's left us with a squad which doesn't require a major overhaul and one which Heckingbottom can hopefully improve with two or three shrewd signings.

Ultimately, Lennon is a 'Celtic man' but he changed my views on him during his time at Hibs and whatever others think I enjoyed his time as manager. As a Hibs fan who is getting a little longer in the tooth, I've seen some really depressing dross at ER down the years and I find it hard to understand anyone who says they didn't think Lennon did a good job for us. All the best to him.Would you be wishing him all the best if he’d downed tools and shafted us and been appointed manager of the Huns? Another example of people having the time of day for Celtic. I HATE that shower every bit as much as I do Rangers, infact I probably despise the IRA loving ****bags even more.

Hated him as a player with them and I hated him even more when he was a manager of them first time round. Petulant, all me me me, always someone else’s fault and he’ll be back doing the same again. Yesterday’s man :bye:

**** Celtic and **** Neil Lennon. :giruy2:

G B Young
28-02-2019, 03:30 PM
Would you be wishing him all the best if he’d downed tools and shafted us and been appointed manager of the Huns? Another example of people having the time of day for Celtic. I HATE that shower every bit as much as I do Rangers, infact I probably despise the IRA loving ****bags even more.

Hated him as a player with them and I hated him even more when he was a manager of them first time round. Petulant, all me me me, always someone else’s fault and he’ll be back doing the same again. Yesterday’s man :bye:

**** Celtic and **** Neil Lennon. :giruy2:

Well, given that such a scenario would never come to pass it's hard to answer your question. However, put it this way, I still respected McLeish for the great job he did at Hibs despite him going on to take the Rangers job. I enjoyed seeing us beat his Rangers side 3-0 at Ibrox twice though!

It's really nothing to do with where Lennon has ended up. I simply think that when all's said and done he did Hibs a lot of good. I don't think he shafted us or downed tools. IMHO he's a decent bloke who has helped to bring some worthwhile issues to the fore, most notably sectarianism and mental health. Whatever brought his time at Hibs to an end was unfortunate, but we're still in a pretty decent place and fingers crossed Heckingbottom can do even better than Lennon did.

FWIW, I used to dislike Lennon as a player and as Celtic manager first time round. But then I also disliked McLeish as a player. But in hindsight that was only because they were both great players, hard as nails and born winners on the pitch - and ultimately I was glad they both brought some much-needed backbone to Hibs. Ultimately you come to realise that as players these guys were only doing their best for their team and the main reason we disliked them is because their success came at Hibs' expense. That's the tribal nature of football.

Kato
28-02-2019, 03:50 PM
Well, given that such a scenario would never come to pass it's hard to answer your question. However, put it this way, I still respected McLeish for the great job he did at Hibs despite him going on to take the Rangers job. I enjoyed seeing us beat his Rangers side 3-0 at Ibrox twice though!

It's really nothing to do with where Lennon has ended up. I simply think that when all's said and done he did Hibs a lot of good. I don't think he shafted us or downed tools. IMHO he's a decent bloke who has helped to bring some worthwhile issues to the fore, most notably sectarianism and mental health. Whatever brought his time at Hibs to an end was unfortunate, but we're still in a pretty decent place and fingers crossed Heckingbottom can do even better than Lennon did.

FWIW, I used to dislike Lennon as a player and as Celtic manager first time round. But then I also disliked McLeish as a player. But in hindsight that was only because they were both great players, hard as nails and born winners on the pitch - and ultimately I was glad they both brought some much-needed backbone to Hibs. Ultimately you come to realise that as players these guys were only doing their best for their team and the main reason we disliked them is because their success came at Hibs' expense. That's the tribal nature of football.

Ironically McLeish did shaft Hibs, meeting with Murray and Advocat for months before he left us.

G B Young
28-02-2019, 04:11 PM
Ironically McLeish did shaft Hibs, meeting with Murray and Advocat for months before he left us.

Yes, Hibs had started to slide shortly before he left so he may well have taken his eye off the ball once Rangers came calling.

What I'd ask, though, is does it really matter? Are we no longer allowed to enjoy McLeish's, or Lennon's achievements at Hibs due to the manner in which they departed? Frustration and disappointment go hand in hand with being a Hibs fan (or indeed a fan of any club outwith the real giants of the game) so IMHO we should simply enjoy the high points when they come rather than bearing a grudge against managers who, by and large, did well for us.

Kato
28-02-2019, 04:23 PM
Yes, Hibs had started to slide shortly before he left so he may well have taken his eye off the ball once Rangers came calling.

What I'd ask, though, is does it really matter? Are we no longer allowed to enjoy McLeish's, or Lennon's achievements at Hibs due to the manner in which they departed? Frustration and disappointment go hand in hand with being a Hibs fan (or indeed a fan of any club outwith the real giants of the game) so IMHO we should simply enjoy the high points when they come rather than bearing a grudge against managers who, by and large, did well for us.

I enjoyed McLeish's tenure, ditto Lennon's - football is a business, sometimes a murky one. You can choose for yourself (no-one is stopping you) to have happy memories of both tenure's or get swallowed up in bile and conspiracy theories. I know what my choice is. #gjp

Lago
28-02-2019, 04:43 PM
For someone who was very outspoken in his time at Hibs he is very quiet regards the pish that was sung by the Celtc support last night and also the missiles thrown at the yams goalkeeper in the 2nd half.
My thoughts exactly, coins thrown at Hearts keeper, sectarian rubbish sung & chanted & I searched for a comment from our ex head coach, nothing, silence. Guess he doesn't want to jeopardize going from interim manager to permanent manager.��

The 90+2
28-02-2019, 04:46 PM
My thoughts exactly, coins thrown at Hearts keeper, sectarian rubbish sung & chanted & I searched for a comment from our ex head coach, nothing, silence. Guess he doesn't want to jeopardize going from interim manager to permanent manager.��

I never thought I would stick up at him but he comment on their goalie getting struck by a coin against us? Or was that the time he took a tantrum then had the flu then was back to wind up Rangers?

Hibbyradge
28-02-2019, 04:59 PM
Scotland has approx ten percent of the population of the Uk. If sky put ten percent of the TV money into our game it would be a win/win but they will not do that coz they don’t care about our game. That’s why I no longer subscribe.

Scotland's population is 8% of the UK.

The reason Sky don't pay pro rata for Scottish games is twofold;

1. They don't show very many games, but much more importantly,

2. A lot less than 8% of Sky's football audience have any interest in Scottish football.

Lago
28-02-2019, 05:42 PM

2. A lot less than 8% of Sky's football audience have any interest in Scottish football.
:aok:

southsider
28-02-2019, 06:27 PM

But if they did put the money in the game would improve and then perhaps more would take an interest. Chicken & I egg mate.

The 90+2
28-02-2019, 06:42 PM
But if they did put the money in the game would improve and then perhaps more would take an interest. Chicken & I egg mate.

Why would anyone down South care about St Johnnies v Hibs regardless of having more money? They plough money into League 1 and the Championshop and I’m not for watching Plymouth v Bury or the likes.

Iggy Pope
28-02-2019, 06:51 PM

Big fellah, you know and I know there is more interest in Scottish Football than population stats. You love it but you don’t live within two hours of the border.
Top level Scottish football is a far better standard than Welsh and Irish football. It’s better than lower league English football. It attracts more punters than Shrewsbury, Crewe Tranmere or Northwich bloody Victoria ever will.

truehibernian
28-02-2019, 07:03 PM
Big fellah, you know and I know there is more interest in Scottish Football than population stats. You love it but you don’t live within two hours of the border.
Top level Scottish football is a far better standard than Welsh and Irish football. It’s better than lower league English football. It attracts more punters than Shrewsbury, Crewe Tranmere or Northwich bloody Victoria ever will.

:aok: good post Iggy - it's the media that drag our game down - the product and standard is very good. Jeez with the right marketing the Scottish Championship is gearing up to be exciting.

jgl07
28-02-2019, 07:17 PM

Sky (and BT) put the money into the SPFL that it is worth.

The broadcasters, as with the papers, are only interested in two teams. The SFA, the SPFL, and before them, the SPL and the SFL are all responsible. The product is pretty poor in the main and this will reflect in the viewing figures.

The SPFL is broken.

J-C
28-02-2019, 08:31 PM
McLeish was dubbed Ginger Judas P rick for a reason, now I don't know if Lennon is a Judas or a prick but he's certainly ginger.

Smartie
28-02-2019, 08:40 PM

I'm pretty sure that's not correct, and that the viewing figures for Scottish football are pretty good - certainly more than 8% of what you would expect for English games. You would therefore expect income from advertising etc to stand up quite well during those games.

We've become so conditioned to thinking that Scottish football is crap and that the Old Firm games are all that are worth watching that our actual fans, the lifeblood of the game have come to accept that and agree.

It's mental.

FilipinoHibs
28-02-2019, 08:58 PM

Yes and landed us with a lot of duds he bought. Remembering saying he will stay at ER as long as we wanted him.

The 90+2
28-02-2019, 08:59 PM
McLeish was dubbed Ginger Judas P rick for a reason, now I don't know if Lennon is a Judas or a prick but he's certainly ginger.

He went to rangers though. Big difference, apparently.

Some of our fans will be happy to give the snake a great reception unless the Celtc feeder banner appears again.

Lancs Harp
28-02-2019, 09:14 PM
I'm pretty sure that's not correct, and that the viewing figures for Scottish football are pretty good - certainly more than 8% of what you would expect for English games. You would therefore expect income from advertising etc to stand up quite well during those games.

We've become so conditioned to thinking that Scottish football is crap and that the Old Firm games are all that are worth watching that our actual fans, the lifeblood of the game have come to accept that and agree.

It's mental.

Down South in particularly rangers have massive support (even if it is second club support), there's certainly an interest there much more than 8% anyway IMO,

pacoluna
28-02-2019, 09:19 PM
He went to rangers though. Big difference, apparently.

Some of our fans will be happy to give the snake a great reception unless the Celtc feeder banner appears again.
Have you got an insult for every letter in the alphabet? 😂