PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers Gone, Lennie back to Celtc (merged threads)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

HoboHarry
26-02-2019, 11:55 AM
this :greengrin it's funny reading all the "i heard this i heard that but didn't want to say on here at the time" that appear, a source told them etc etc i do love a conspiracy theory :devil:
I can tell you that my confidence is absolutely wrecked by being one of only 5 who post regularly on .net that isn't in the know. Sometimes I despair but I keep my time filled by comparing the differences in the known "FACTS"

blackpoolhibs
26-02-2019, 11:56 AM
Remember when someone said we'd been sounding out managers in England for months? :devil:

southsider
26-02-2019, 11:59 AM
What would be really funny if BR turned L City job down. This place would be in meltdown,

Hibee87
26-02-2019, 12:00 PM
Remember when someone said we'd been sounding out managers in England for months? :devil:
Its true. Leeann dempster was keeping close tabs on Leicester since September. Shes always been 3 steps ahead

SquashedFrogg
26-02-2019, 12:01 PM
What would be really funny if BR turned L City job down. This place would be in meltdown,

Why?

worcesterhibby
26-02-2019, 12:02 PM
Not saying g it doesn't happen. I'm replying to the poster who asked said he wonders if Hibs knew about this hence why Lennon was suspended. my point being, if we found out, then Hibs would have taken action against Celtic.

You can be told something, without having any proof. Football is rife with rumours and inside stories, but not necessarily the proof to take something to court.

The whole thing does have the feel of someone who has found out that a better looking girl fancies him. He doesn't want to be a b**tard and dump his existing girlfriend but he starts acting a bit cold and offish maybe even without realising it and they end up splitting up, then amazingly he bumps into the good looking girl at a party a few days later and they fall into each others arms.

Actually it was usually girls doing it to me !!!:greengrin

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 12:11 PM
told you - cup tied :greengrin

Nailed it :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
Savage post of the day on the Kerrydale Street forum: 'Rodgers walked out on his wife; why wouldn't he walk out on Celtic'? :greengrin

Keith_M
:singing:

"There's only one Neil Lennon!"

"Ehm, he's back at Celltc"

"Ah, OK guys. What we gonna sing noo?"

....long pause.....

"Dempster, get tae...."

:faf:

SJNB Hibby
26-02-2019, 12:13 PM
IMHO it's bonkers to think that Lennon has engineered his move away from Hibs to go to Celtc. For a start, Celtic could afford (comfortably) at any point, to come in and take a manager or any other staff from us. So right away the idea that the situation was manufactured relies on a completely unnecessary starting point.

Second, Lennon's stock is higher if he stays at Hibs and does well, so again this would be a better outcome for him than leaving in less than amicable circumstances after a run of bad results and rumours of fall-outs.

Then you look at the circumstances around Puel losing his job and Leicester identifying Rodgers as his successor, unless Celtic and Lennon had amazing prediction skills, there was never a guarantee that those circumstances would arise when they did, so Lennon working his ticket could have left him without a job for much longer than he planned.

It's ridiculous, IMHO.

If Leicester had won 2 of the 4 games they lost recently(Since Lenny left) they'd be only 2 points off 7th, likely getting them a Euro spot. Top 7 and MAYBE a Cup win is all Leicester can reasonably aspire to. In fact if they havent been relegated from the EPL in the next 10 years that ALONE could be considered some success

Bobby's Cinema
26-02-2019, 12:19 PM
Leicester approached Celtic before the new year RE Rodgers.

Celtic lost the old firm derby, with 3pts in the title race Celtic were unwilling to let him go at that time.
Leicester results also picked up over christmas. The clubs agree to revisit things.

At this stage, Lennon was made aware that should the day come when Rodgers leaves, he would be in line to take over.

Celtic keep Lennon in the loop RE discussions as weeks progress over christmas break,

As it becomes more likely Lennon's focus shifts toward this and Hibs continue to slide. Leicester lost 5 games in 6, and Celtic win 7 on the bounce all but wrapping up the league.

Lennon approaches LD as an unhappy player would and asks to end the contact. Hibs, knowing whats going on, agree a deal, although LD raging as per press conference at unveiling of new manager.

Talks are now revisited. Puel leaves, Rodgers goes the other way and Lennon steps in.

Discuss :stirrer::na na:

JimboHibs
26-02-2019, 12:21 PM
I've only been on here five minutes today and I've read multiple folk claiming that they were told from a 'decent source' that, whilst he was still Hibs manager, Lennon was definitely going back to Celtc. Yet, no-one shared.

If there had been any sort of agreement, formal or otherwise, that he was getting the gig at Celtc and it was well enough known about for multiple posters on here to hear about, how many people in total would have heard the rumour? It would have been all over Twitter, Facebook etc.

But aye, conspiracy.

Thats far too sensible a post for many drama queens on here to comprehend.

Keith_M
26-02-2019, 12:24 PM
Look on the bright side, he can now rabbit on about Celtc 100% of the time, and not just the 75% he did whilst at Hibs.

delbert
26-02-2019, 12:27 PM
Rodgers - I’m a Celtc fan and the treble treble and 10 in a row are the most important things in the world to me !

Knock at the door - It’s Leicester City here !

Rodgers - Where do I sign ??!!

Colr
26-02-2019, 12:32 PM
According to Forth One breaking news. Brendan Rodgers has left for Leicester and Lennie is to take over as interim manager at Darkheid.

More relaxing for him than the pressure cooker of Easter Road.

Caversham Green
26-02-2019, 12:33 PM
If a manager is contracted to a club, then surely they request permission from said club to make contact about talking to them?

Forest didn't when they were after Calderwood, and Hibs didn't take any action against them.

Callum_62
26-02-2019, 12:35 PM

Celtic lost the old firm derby, with 3pts in the title race Celtic were unwilling to let him go at that time.
Leicester results also picked up over christmas. The clubs agree to revisit things.

At this stage, Lennon was made aware that should the day come when Rodgers leaves, he would be in line to take over.

Celtic keep Lennon in the loop RE discussions as weeks progress over christmas break,

As it becomes more likely Lennon's focus shifts toward this and Hibs continue to slide. Leicester lost 5 games in 6, and Celtic win 7 on the bounce all but wrapping up the league.

Lennon approaches LD as an unhappy player would and asks to end the contact. Hibs, knowing whats going on, agree a deal, although LD raging as per press conference at unveiling of new manager.

Talks are now revisited. Puel leaves, Rodgers goes the other way and Lennon steps in.

Why would our club agree a deal to get rid of lennon and forego any compensation....?

1van Sprou7e
26-02-2019, 12:37 PM

"There's only one Neil Lennon!"

"Ehm, he's back at Celltc"

"Ah, OK guys. What we gonna sing noo?"

....long pause.....

"Dempster, get tae...."

:faf:

Who are you even referring to? Stop trying to create drama in it's absence

Heisenberg
26-02-2019, 12:42 PM
Can’t wait for Flo to score the winner on Saturday. Celebration in front of the away dugout should be good.

RossScott1991
26-02-2019, 12:44 PM
I can’t even begin to imagine how much fire kamberi will have in him on Saturday. I can’t wait.

brog
26-02-2019, 12:45 PM
I'm enjoying the Celtc seethe. One guy on BBC news just now plaintively said, he could have been a treble, treble legend, why would he leave us for Leicester? As I posted earlier,these people really have no comprehension that winnig a treble, treble in Scotland is like winning a game of dominoes down the pub in the wider world.

1van Sprou7e
26-02-2019, 12:45 PM
I'm enjoying the Celtc seethe. One guy on BBC news just now plaintively said, he could have been a treble, treble legend, why would he leave us for Leicester? As I posted earlier,these people really have no comprehension that winnig a treble, treble in Scotland is like winning a game of dominoes down the pub in the wider world.

Considering no one has even came close to that before, no it's not

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 12:49 PM

Managing at a higher level is evidently more important to the majority.

Heisenberg
26-02-2019, 12:50 PM
Downside is Lennon will know all about our weaknesses and where to target us. Rodgers would have played the same style as he normally does which would’ve given us a better shot at it.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 12:52 PM
Downside is Lennon will know all about our weaknesses and where to target us. Rodgers would have played the same style as he normally does which would’ve given us a better shot at it.

The upside is Lennon clearly didn't know how to play to the strengths of our current group of players.

The Harp Awakes
26-02-2019, 12:55 PM
I can’t even begin to imagine how much fire kamberi will have in him on Saturday. I can’t wait.

He will. Might be worth a bet on him scoring and getting a red card.

HoboHarry
26-02-2019, 12:56 PM
I disagree. It would have been a gigantic deal if he had some serious competition but he doesn't. Sevco are catching up albeit putting themselves in financial jeopardy as they are doing so. Given that a minimum of a double would be a reasonable expectation for Celtic it really isn't that big a deal. If for example, Barcelona got a treble treble then THAT would be something worth shouting about given the opposition they face.

HoboHarry
26-02-2019, 12:58 PM
Exactly, he wants to pit himself against Liverpool and Manchester City, not Hearts, Dundee or even us (despite how highly we think of our own team).

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 01:08 PM
Tell you something though, if he takes over and his first game is on Saturday whatever you think of Lennon that would take loads of guts for all sorts of reasons, a loss and it's cheerio treble treble and perhaps the chance of taking over permanently.

Aim Here
26-02-2019, 01:09 PM

Partly; but since Lennon was the guy who failed to correct those weaknesses when he had control of the team, he might have been somewhat blind as to what's causing them, or how to deal with them. Also, he's probably not in charge for the Hearts game tomorrow, giving him only 2-3 days to prepare; beyond a couple of minor tweaks,we're likely going to see Brendan's team playing Brendan's way on Saturday. 'New Manager bounce' won't be a factor, since Brendan hasn't been let go for underperforming, either; quite the reverse - he's being poached because he's doing well.

And with Lenny in Celtic's dugout, Hibernian will definitely have something to prove and be up for it. This could potentially be a bit of an advantage for us.

CockneyRebel
26-02-2019, 01:10 PM
I can tell you that my confidence is absolutely wrecked by being one of only 5 who post regularly on .net that isn't in the know. Sometimes I despair but I keep my time filled by comparing the differences in the known "FACTS"

Right, that's you and me - who are the other 3?

Andy.1875
26-02-2019, 01:13 PM

You should start writing scripts for the X-Files.

CropleyWasGod
26-02-2019, 01:13 PM
Right, that's you and me - who are the other 3?

Me, Radge and Home Team

jacomo
26-02-2019, 01:17 PM
I disagree. It would have been a gigantic deal if he had some serious competition but he doesn't. Sevco are catching up albeit putting themselves in financial jeopardy as they are doing so. Given that a minimum of a double would be a reasonable expectation for Celtic it really isn't that big a deal. If for example, Barcelona got a treble treble then THAT would be something worth shouting about given the opposition they face.

Ok might not be on the level of Barca but would still be an unprecedented achievement.

Rodgers obviously bottled it when he saw Celtc had drawn Hibs at ER...

SingaporeHibs
26-02-2019, 01:17 PM
What I really dislike about the potential in all of this is that if Lennon is the Celtic manager for Saturday, he knows almost every one of our players inside and out... it’s shapes up to be a pumping at Cetic’s hands, I mean Lennon was more tactically sound than them on more than one occasion recently, with no real inside knowledge... now he will know every weakness in our squad and how to exploit them...
Lennon will be utterly baffled to see Horgan, Slivka and Mallan playing in unfamiliar positions and can you imagine his shock to find Flo playing with a partner up front 😂

allezsauzee
26-02-2019, 01:20 PM
I was initially of the opinion that Rodgers has picked the wrong club to join but he'll have the last laugh when he gets paid up for a 3 year contract for 6 months work when he gets punted after failing to live up to the unrealistic expectations of a tin pot club.

Paisley Hibby
26-02-2019, 01:23 PM
The upside is Lennon clearly didn't know how to play to the strengths of our current group of players.

And we have a good idea about Lennon's weaknesses.

brog
26-02-2019, 01:26 PM

I meant it has no significance outside Scotland. Trust me, I've never heard anyone down here, in nearly 40 years, give unsolicited praise to Scottish football.

BILLYHIBS

Upside Lennon was tactically naive on tactics and how to set up a team to counter the opposition and pick the right formation

The downside is he has not been appointed yet

Harry Potter will be rubbing his hands hoping Lenny is in charge tomorrow

My 12 year old would tell you HIBS will be targeting the supply to Scott Brown on Saturday and making sure he is not allowed to dictate the pace of the game

MWHIBBIES
Is Easter road the only ground Rodgers never won at? Hopeless manager really. Even Butcher won here.

hibbyfraelibby
Kamberi hat trick, Vikki boots Broonie off the park and the Heckmeister does the "aeroplane" as McNulty slots away a 90+2 winner.

If Carlsberg did Saturdays...

Col2
26-02-2019, 01:32 PM
The motivation for many of the Hibs players on Saturday has just gone through the roof. It’s not just Kamberi. How many of them were gushing about him when he left. Can’t remenber one of them saying anything. We even got better results under Eddie May.

HAZ2000
26-02-2019, 01:33 PM
Upside Lennon was tactically naive on tactics and how to set up a team to counter the opposition and pick the right formation

My 12 year old would tell you HIBS will be targeting the supply to Scott Brown on Saturday and making sure he is not allowed to dictate the pace of the game

Lucky Brown has dropped his standard massively in the last year

Nakedmanoncrack
26-02-2019, 01:33 PM
A bizarre appointment for Celtic if it happens (hopefully it does).

Heedersnvolleys
26-02-2019, 01:43 PM
Kamberi hat trick, Vikki boots Broonie of the park and the Heckmeister does the "aeroplane" as McNulty slots away a 90+2 winner.

If Carlsberg did Sarurdays...
If Vikki boots anybody that will be a result

Famous Fiver
26-02-2019, 01:44 PM
Scott Allan on the bench for the Tic on Saturday?

pacoluna
26-02-2019, 01:45 PM
Is Easter road the only ground Rodgers never won at? Hopeless manager really. Even Butcher won here.

Ironically down to the man who was in the opposite dugout :wink:

ian cruise
26-02-2019, 01:45 PM

Massive piece of revisionism going on here. While he was our boss we managed so great results against the old firm, including just before he departed. Yes there were some bizarre team and formation choices earlier this season but you cannot say a marker of Neil Lennon's reign was that he was tactically niave.

HoboHarry
26-02-2019, 01:48 PM
Funny how much flak Brenda is getting from Celtic fans for leaving at this stage in the season. If Lawwell had backed him with real money he probably wouldn't be leaving........

BILLYHIBS
26-02-2019, 01:49 PM
Lucky Brown has dropped his standard massively in the last year
Slow as a week in Saughton

Ref needs to watch him

cabbageandribs1875
26-02-2019, 01:52 PM
apparently Brendan has said he's only moving to Leicester so he can be closer to John McGinn, so my source tells me

pacoluna
26-02-2019, 01:53 PM

Seems to me that there is a lot of people on here who seem to be seething for some reason.

we are hibs
26-02-2019, 01:53 PM
Why are people under the impression Lennon is going to either keep or start playing scott allan at Celtic?

Radium
26-02-2019, 01:55 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190226/a6994abd46599a6afc6909d33ab67115.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
26-02-2019, 01:59 PM
I've only been on here five minutes today and I've read multiple folk claiming that they were told from a 'decent source' that, whilst he was still Hibs manager, Lennon was definitely going back to Celtc. Yet, no-one shared.

If there had been any sort of agreement, formal or otherwise, that he was getting the gig at Celtc and it was well enough known about for multiple posters on here to hear about, how many people in total would have heard the rumour? It would have been all over Twitter, Facebook etc.

But aye, conspiracy.

You highlighted my post on another thread.

The reason I didn't share it was because I thought it was pish, even though it did come from a decent source.

FWIW I still think it is pish, and it's a pretty easy/ lazy link to have made at any point, by anyone, a good source or otherwise.

Just because circumstance might come to pass that it happens doesn't mean that anyone was necessarily in possession of any great prior knowledge, and indeed I have raised an eyebrow this morning at something I consider at this stage to be little more than a coincidence.

I plan to wait until Rodgers is confirmed at Leicester, Lennon is confirmed at Celtic, we've been pumped out of the cup by them and Hibs have sued Lennon before commencing my own personal pants-pissing.

Waxy
26-02-2019, 02:01 PM
Celtic to Leicester eh. Such a step up.

danhibees1875

I think the Celtic fans have a point to be fair - but maybe that's my bias towards Scottish football making me think that. :dunno:

The treble treble and 10 in a row achievements that are well within his grasp would leave him a legend in the eyes of about 1/3 of Scottish football fans. He'll bounce around mid table with Leicester for a couple of years and then get sacked one day when he gets too close to the relegation places without ever being noticed by anyone in English football.

BILLYHIBS
Massive piece of revisionism going on here. While he was our boss we managed so great results against the old firm, including just before he departed. Yes there were some bizarre team and formation choices earlier this season but you cannot say a marker of Neil Lennon's reign was that he was tactically niave.

Agree about OF but got fed up with his weird team selections starting off with the wrong personnel and having to adjust accordingly changing tactics and formation and his inability to see off an average Hearts team that was there for the taking

Calling out players not selecting SDG selecting wrong line ups in big games time after time etc etc all been done to death on here

Glad he in their dug out and not ours

Hope Flo rattles in a hatrick

Not a Lennon hater by the way loved him while he was here and wish him all the best for the future wherever he may go apart from against the cabbage

Cmon the HIBS

HoboHarry
26-02-2019, 02:03 PM
I genuinely don't get this type of post. He's going to mix it with Man U and City, Liverpool et al and they will back him financially better than Lawwell has. It is a step up.

we are hibs
26-02-2019, 02:05 PM

He was absolutely terrible at setting up the team for a derby at tynie. And our performance usually matched. We only managed 1 single goal from a penalty in 5 derbies under Lennon at tynecastle. That's pathetic.

Hibee87
26-02-2019, 02:05 PM
Why are people under the impression Lennon is going to either keep or start playing scott allan at Celtic?

Dont think he can keep him there, he signed a pre contract with us. I know Richard Britton reversed one a few years back and I can't quite remember how it happened but iirc it was taken to a tribunal in which St J got some money. Im sure he cited a change of heart and didn't want to move his family so far away, or something like that.
Pretty sure SA would need a very good convincing reason to then not honour his contract with Hibs.

As to Neil Lennon playing him, he would be well within his right to do so if he wanted to.

BILLYHIBS
26-02-2019, 02:12 PM
He was absolutely terrible at setting up the team for a derby at tynie. And our performance usually matched. We only managed 1 single goal from a penalty in 5 derbies under Lennon at tynecastle. That's pathetic.
This!

pacoluna
26-02-2019, 02:25 PM
This!

It ain't hearts we are playing it's Celtic, yous are going off topic again Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

where'stheslope
26-02-2019, 02:27 PM
Could Lennies move to Celtic save us some money?
Has he had all he's owed been paid up front on leaving?
Will his return to Celtic put the kybosh on loaning their players?
I think its a bad move for him, given all the bother he had with us at the end.
Felt sure he would go back to England, as he always felt he was a victim in Scotland?
But taking a job in Scotland tells me, he he likes to play the victim as it suits his purpose????

Bobby's Cinema
26-02-2019, 02:29 PM
You should start writing scripts for the X-Files.

Not the most far fetched thing I’ve seen.

Not saying I believe it

southsider
26-02-2019, 02:39 PM
Woke up this morning & Rodgers was gone
Oh no put the disco lights on
Didn’t get McGinn coz Lawell was wrong
Oh no put the disco lights on
U got horsed outa Europe with hardly a fight
At least u can dance to the disco at night.

The Harp Awakes
26-02-2019, 02:42 PM
Could Lennies move to Celtic save us some money?
Has he had all he's owed been paid up front on leaving?
Will his return to Celtic put the kybosh on loaning their players?
I think its a bad move for him, given all the bother he had with us at the end.
Felt sure he would go back to England, as he always felt he was a victim in Scotland?
But taking a job in Scotland tells me, he he likes to play the victim as it suits his purpose????

In one of the few interviews Lennon has given to the press since he left Hibs, he said that there was nothing now left for him in Scotland and he would focus elsewhere for his next job; or words to that effect.

That for me puts into question all the conspiracy theories. Clearly Lenny believed Rodgers was at Celtic for the forseeable future and/or wasn't considering Celtic to be his next job.

Dashing Bob S
26-02-2019, 02:48 PM
Celtic make ‘record bid’ for McGinn of 5 milll. Hailed as ‘bold and audacious and showing the ambition of the club not just to cost to 10 league titles but to make a real impact in the CL’ in the Scottish press.

Leicester make bid of 16 mill.

Leicester bid accepted, McGinn goes there to play in the Premiership.

Celtic fans take to the forums and social media to castigate Aston Villa for wrecking McGinns ‘dream move to boyhood heroes.’

BILLYHIBS
26-02-2019, 02:50 PM
It ain't hearts we are playing it's Celtic, yous are going off topic again Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Celtic?

Nae bother....a walk in the park

As my twelve year old says cut off the supply to Scott Brown or get right in his face as soon as he gets the ba and Slivka or Horgan is your Auntie :greengrin

pacoluna
26-02-2019, 02:52 PM
Celtic?

Nae bother....a walk in the park

As my twelve year old says cut off the supply to Scott Brown or get right in his face as soon as he gets the ba and Slivka or Horgan is your Auntie :greengrin

Yes the same Celtic we bet 2-0 last time at er, ***** tactics that day though.

I fancy us to beat them again, need to defend a lot better than we did on Fri however.

BILLYHIBS
26-02-2019, 03:01 PM

I fancy us to beat them again, need to defend a lot better than we did on Fri however.

Agree!

Lenny had the happy knack of lining up his teams well against Celtic this season and last maybe because he knew how they would line up and how they would play

His problem would be when he had to think how other teams would line up he would tend to “overcook” things and end up playing catch up

26-02-2019, 03:10 PM
Celtic tried to nick McGinn on the cheap. They had the money but because it was a Scottish club, they did their usual and tried to get away with paying buttons. It blew up in their faces big time and I don't imagine Rogers was too happy missing out on a top class player because the board weren't willing to pay the money (that they more than had!) and give hibs what he was worth.

Lets be honest as well here. Rogers spun the "dream job" line to the celtic support but the reality was that taking that job was his best way of putting himself back in the shop window for a decent English club to come and get him. The celtic job probably flatters to decieve. Its a job where you are guarenteed to win things.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 03:15 PM
In one of the few interviews Lennon has given to the press since he left Hibs, he said that there was nothing now left for him in Scotland and he would focus elsewhere for his next job; or words to that effect.

That for me puts into question all the conspiracy theories. Clearly Lenny believed Rodgers was at Celtic for the forseeable future and/or wasn't considering Celtic to be his next job.

"England, abroad, maybe again in Scotland — I’ll always keep my options open. Football is a very difficult industry to get work at times. There’s so much competition now and there are constantly new managers coming in.”

bigswissstriker
26-02-2019, 03:27 PM
We better not join in the inevitable Lennon love in on Saturday. He’s now the enemy and should be treated as such. **** Lennon and Celtic.

HoboHarry
26-02-2019, 03:30 PM
Celtic tried to nick McGinn on the cheap. They had the money but because it was a Scottish club, they did their usual and tried to get away with paying buttons. It blew up in their faces big time and I don't imagine Rogers was too happy missing out on a top class player because the board weren't willing to pay the money (that they more than had!) and give hibs what he was worth.

Lets be honest as well here. Rogers spun the "dream job" line to the celtic support but the reality was that taking that job was his best way of putting himself back in the shop window for a decent English club to come and get him. The celtic job probably flatters to decieve. Its a job where you are guarenteed to win things.
Celtic have been on the cheap with everyone, not just us, and I think that may be a significant factor in him taking this opportunity. If Celtic fans want to hand out flak to anyone it should be Lawwell.....

Brightside
26-02-2019, 03:32 PM

Huge step up.

PatHead
26-02-2019, 03:46 PM
Lawell confirms that Celtic has spoken to Lennon and 2 other candidates.

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 03:50 PM
Me, Radge and Home Team

Word. :agree:

Gordy M
26-02-2019, 03:54 PM
Huge step up.

Step up in league terms, nowhere near a step up in club size.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 03:57 PM
Step up in league terms, nowhere near a step up in club size.

Doesn't really matter what a clubs size is when the money offered for himself and transfers are dwarfed by anything in the EPL. Managing in the EPL is a massive step up from Dens Park or Perth.

Northern Hibby
26-02-2019, 03:57 PM

Said on another thread he was to easily baited by Levein, derbies were turned into batitles before a ball was kicked.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 03:58 PM
Said on another thread he was to easily baited by Levein, derbies were turned into batitles before a ball was kicked.

Potter set up to do to him what he set up to do against Champions League sides for Celtic and he fell for it every single time.

G B Young
26-02-2019, 04:07 PM

We also had Shaw's perfectly good goal disallowed in a game we would likely have gone on to win given our dominance of the derby at that time.

Three draws out of five visits to Tynecastle is probably quite decent compared to most Hibs managers post-Turnbull, though I agree our performances there under Lennon were never great. It should always be borne in mind though that the yams more or less shape their entire season around the Tynecastle derbies and their vein-popping determination not to lose them tends to suck any quality football out of the game.

pacoluna
26-02-2019, 04:12 PM
We better not join in the inevitable Lennon love in on Saturday. He’s now the enemy and should be treated as such. **** Lennon and Celtic.

So I can't wear my half green/ginger scarf?

worcesterhibby
26-02-2019, 04:14 PM
Doesn't really matter what a clubs size is when the money offered for himself and transfers are dwarfed by anything in the EPL. Managing in the EPL is a massive step up from Dens Park or Perth.

Financially - yes, standard of player - yes.

But it's all about perspective, At Leicester, he will be a success if he comes 6th and wins nothing. At celtic it's all about winning titles, cups and getting deep into Europe. Make no mistake, Leicester's league win was a fluke of timing. Man City. Spurs, Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal are all miles ahead of them and Chelsea will sort themselves out soon too. Leicester will be fighting it out with Everton, Brighton, Wolves etc for the crumbs. When Celtic Play Rangers half of Scotland watches..when Leicester play Wolves ( which is as close to a derby match as they have in the Premiership) not even half the East midlands watches.

People are entitled to have a different perspective and many will feel that Leicester is a step down. When you mention Dens park or Perth..don't forget about Bournemouth (Average attendance in the EPL just 11,000).

worcesterhibby
26-02-2019, 04:14 PM
So I can't wear my half green/ginger scarf?

I thought it was tatooed on ! :greengrin

Billy Whizz
26-02-2019, 04:18 PM
Lawwell saying Celtic looking at 3 candidates, inc Neil Lennon
Wonder who will take the Celtic team at Tynie tomorrow night

Golden Bear
26-02-2019, 04:18 PM

Kennedy.

:agree:

Delboy4
26-02-2019, 04:19 PM

Kennedy

HoboHarry
26-02-2019, 04:19 PM
John Kennedy if they don't have a new manager in place.

GloryGlory
26-02-2019, 04:20 PM
SSN: Lennon to be interim manager at Celtc to end of season.

CapitalGreen
26-02-2019, 04:21 PM
John Kennedy if they don't have a new manager in place.

Kennedy will be taking the team regardless. No danger would a new manager be in the dugout without taking a training session before hand.

Billy Whizz
26-02-2019, 04:21 PM
SSN: Lennon to be interim manager at Celtc to end of season.

Just saw that too

heretoday
26-02-2019, 04:22 PM
It's Lenny!

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2019, 04:23 PM
Scottish football is in the midst of the latest disucssion of sectarianism, when Neil Lennon returns to Celtic and goes to Hearts away. :worms:

The atmosphere will be poisonous at the pink midden.

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 04:23 PM
I've officially calmed the f*** down and, conspiracy or not, I'm now at the couldn't give a monkey's stage.

Next up, St Johnstone.

Col2
26-02-2019, 04:25 PM
Could we stop calling him Lenny please.

He isn’t our manager anymore and we should take great pleasure when we wipe the floor with his team on Saturday.

He is now the manager of one of the uglies in the west.

Springbank
It's Lenny!

he is a fxxxing snake & hope he gets sent to the stand at tynecastle

only time this season i want hearts to win a game, lennon is fxxxing useless when the chips are down.

ask flo....

Golden Bear
I've officially calmed the f*** down and, conspiracy or not, I'm now at the couldn't give a monkey's stage.

Next up, St Johnstone.

Exactly.

And the real news from today is the "no news" from the dreaded Compliance Officer.

MWHIBBIES
26-02-2019, 04:30 PM
It's simple really. Do a good job at Celtic, you get the Leicester job. Do a good job with Leicester and you get a bigger job.

He got the Liverpool job based on success with Swansea remember.

eastmainsmsh
26-02-2019, 04:33 PM
He is a bully bullied shaw Allan and flo got his just rewards and Shane McGowan got a skelp

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2019, 04:33 PM

only time this season i want hearts to win a game, lennon is fxxxing useless when the chips are down.

ask flo....

Steady on, you have no evidence for this. Rodgers is the one who has behaved like a snake, not Lennon. Rodgers calls himself a Celtic fan, then walks out on them when on the brink of a treble treble. That's poor stuff.

Famous Fiver
26-02-2019, 04:34 PM
'Rangers fan' just crucified Lennon on Talksport.

Surprised they let him rant on.

'Brings it on himself etc etc etc.' All the old chestnuts rolled out.

Unpleasant stuff.

HibeeHibernian4
26-02-2019, 04:36 PM
I think a few folk need to calm down about this. I think Lennon can count himself very lucky to be able to just walk into the top job in Scotland given the shambles that was his last four or five months at Hibs. Maybe “winning mentality” just means “good connections”.

At the same time, this talk of conspiracy etc seems a bit far fetched and, being honest, is the sort of thing I’d expect to read on a Celtic forum, not ours.

Springbank
26-02-2019, 04:38 PM
i'll not steady on

the guy bullied hibs players, picked terrible formations, every week a puzzle, then he and his assistant spent post match interviews having further public attacks on flo and ollie (thats when lennon could be assed doing them)
he spent all autumn hiding in his dug out
he was suspended by the club
all facts as far as i can see

the man is a snake and i hope we smash his side to bits on saturday

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 04:41 PM
i'll not steady on

the guy bullied hibs players, picked terrible formations, every week a puzzle, then he and his assistant spent post match interviews having further public attacks on flo and ollie (thats when lennon could be assed doing them)

Aye get him to ****. Respectively!

wookie70
26-02-2019, 04:41 PM

The way we played that day are pretty much the way Heck says he wants to play. It was spot on and put Celtc under pressure from the first whistle. Why he never got us to play on the front foot in the majority of games this season I'll never know. Credit where it is due for that day but the odd game doesn't make a tactical genius. Saying that he was a good manager against the bigger teams which to me says he was good at getting players to believe in themselves and motivate them. That is just as important as tactics. I never really saw Lennon as a manager who was into detail, plans and tactics. It was more about attitude with him

SRHibs
26-02-2019, 04:42 PM
i'll not steady on

!

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2019, 04:42 PM
i'll not steady on

Calling him a snake suggests he was dishonest, and I don't see any evidence for that. He didn't contrive his exit at Hibs, knowing the Celtic job was about to become vacant. We don't know what happened to cause his departure from Hibs. He may only be there until the end of the season, in any case. He did a good job whilst here; he left and now has the chance to be caretaker at his former club, which he's hardly likely to turn down.

southsider
26-02-2019, 04:43 PM
And was given a month off by Hibs when he only turn up on a Sat. GP done all press & coaching during the week.

SRHibs
26-02-2019, 04:44 PM
“Going to quit football because of sectarianism” then a couple of months later he’s happy to take the Celtic job. He’s all chat. Hope Hecky has them fired up on Saturday! Kamberi must be absolutely relishing this.

SanFranHibs
26-02-2019, 04:46 PM

ask flo....

Not for me. Being an optimist...….we win tomorrow, Hearts lose and we will be only three points behind them.

I said on this site last week I was pleased when we got Lennon, disappointed the way it ended but was immediately over it and upon his appointment, quite excited by Heckingbottom and his promise to take a front-foot approach to each game.

We have to concentrate on us and our opponents in each game.

However, that said, with Celtic being our opponents so soon after this has unfolded, can we hope it might unsettle them? Remember, we got Heckingbottom after a bad run. They are losing Rodgers after hitting stride, at least domestically. Am I being too optimistic? :greengrin

:flag::flag:

Since452
The Hibs players and Flo in particular will be absolutely buzzing for Saturday now. I just hope we remain focused on St Johnstone in the meantime. How good would it be if Flo rammed Lennons words down his throat

tonyrougier123
“Going to quit football because of sectarianism” then a couple of months later he’s happy to take the Celtic job. He’s all chat. Hope Hecky has them fired up on Saturday! Kamberi must be absolutely relishing this.
Tbh how could they not be fired ub for this now,wasny gonny go to it bit will now!!

Hibernian Verse
Doesn't matter what he has done or hasn't done. All that matters is we put an end to the treble treble on Saturday and progress to the Semi final.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jim44
26-02-2019, 04:47 PM
I hate Celtic and I despise the Huns but the perverse, mischievous side of me would enjoy Celtic hitting the skids and Gerrard winning the title for Sevco.

Mibbes Aye
It's simple really. Do a good job at Celtic, you get the Leicester job. Do a good job with Leicester and you get a bigger job.

He got the Liverpool job based on success with Swansea remember.

Saved me the bother :greengrin

You get the sense that Rodgers feels he has that old cliche of ‘unfinished business’ in the EPL after his time at Liverpool. His chances of moving to a bigger EPL club than Leicester are better for doing well at Leicester than they are winning a gazillion trebles at Celtc.

As for the conspiracy theories, it seems to be common knowledge in English press circles that Leicester’s succession planning had identified Rodgers as their first-choice several months ago. Puel had his opportunity and in fairness, Leicester have a decent enough squad and set-up that they should be thinking twelfth place isn’t a true reflection of where they should be.

pacoluna
My comments on other posters along with lennonslip and sadtoms have now been justified.

Same of vitriol spealing out is disgusting. Erses

As LD said he was good for Hibs, Hibs were good for him.

He's moved on so have have we. He's no different from mowbray or McLeish.

Zazu62
26-02-2019, 04:51 PM
No mention of Garry Parker going with him?

tonyrougier123
26-02-2019, 04:53 PM
I hate Celtic and I despise the Huns but the perverse, mischievous side of me would enjoy Celtic hitting the skids and Gerrard winning the title for Sevco.

Agree 👍

Billy Whizz
26-02-2019, 04:54 PM
No mention of Garry Parker going with him?

Seemingly not

The 90+2
Calling him a snake suggests he was dishonest, and I don't see any evidence for that. He didn't contrive his exit at Hibs, knowing the Celtic job was about to become vacant. We don't know what happened to cause his departure from Hibs. He may only be there until the end of the season, in any case. He did a good job whilst here; he left and now has the chance to be caretaker at his former club, which he's hardly likely to turn down.

Why would he take the caretaker job after leaving the same job for not matching his ambitions on a complete whim if were led to believe he’s not a snake. He was working his ticket and ripped the piss not caring and now it becomes more clear.

You think the usual Neil Lennon and the character he is would just accept suspension and then leaving the club without having his say for the sake of a few £? No danger, he’s known what he was doing.

The_Exile
Leaves a bitter taste the way this has all unfolded but don’t really give a flying one TBH. We seem to have a good guy in the dugout now and the team look to be enjoying their football so onwards and upwards. Saturday will be very tasty though!!!

B.H.F.C
26-02-2019, 04:58 PM
Couldn’t stand Lennon. Then liked him for a couple of years. Now back to disliking him.

Few players out to prove a point on Saturday I hope.

pacoluna
26-02-2019, 04:58 PM

ask flo....

You would rather hearts won who are only 6 points above us just to spite Lennon.
Dry your eyes and move on.

Weirdos.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 04:59 PM
My comments on other posters along with lennonslip and sadtoms have now been justified.

Oh here we go.

He’s shat on the club you support Paco lad. Open your eyes.

Jim44
It’s kind of ironic that, at a time when Sectarian problems in football were more to the fore, we find a situation arising where the problem is almost certainly going to escalate in the remainder of the season. I’m kind of glad we’re out of it to a large extent.

sean04
You would rather hearts won who are only 6 points above us just to spite Lennon.

Weirdos.

Hope celtic beat them with 5/6 goals

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 05:00 PM

Weirdos.

The only thing weird is your personal love for a guy who couldn’t give a **** about you.

pacoluna
26-02-2019, 05:00 PM
Why would he take the caretaker job after leaving the same job for not matching his ambitions on a complete whim if were led to believe he’s not a snake. He was working his ticket and ripped the piss not caring and now it becomes more clear.

You think the usual Neil Lennon and the character he is would just accept suspension and then leaving the club without having his say for the sake of a few £? No danger, he’s known what he was doing.

Man he's got to you hasn't he, calm down sunshine, getting embarrassing now.

Heckingbottom is our manager remember.

DetroitHibs
26-02-2019, 05:01 PM
We have to be respectful when Lenny comes back to Easter Road and show him he's still loved and respected. A good ole sing song should cheer him up.

Lenny Lenny GTF, Lenny GTF

:flag::flag::flag:

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 05:01 PM
Hope celtic beat them with 5/6 goals

Correct, then he bottles it like he did here and at Celtic before and the huns ruin the ten in a row after we empty them out the cup.

bigwheel
26-02-2019, 05:02 PM
We have to be respectful when Lenny comes back to Easter Road and show him he's still loved and respected. A good ole sing song should cheer him up.

Is this the famous “Hibs Class” we talk about ?

calumhibee1
26-02-2019, 05:02 PM
Oh here we go.

He’s shat on the club you support Paco lad. Open your eyes.

Neil Lennon FC? :duck:

NL is now manager of a team which has ****ed us over with SA and is one half of the biggest problem in Scottish football. Im sure the fans will treat him the same way as we did GJP.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 05:03 PM
Man he's got to you hasn't he, calm down sunshine, getting embarrassing now.

Heckingbottom is our manager remember.

He’s gotten to you more. Wow, you’ve mentioned our current manager.

**** Neil Lennon he’s been working his ticket for months getting paid with our hard earned and is now back to his true love.

pacoluna
The only thing weird is your personal love for a guy who couldn’t give a **** about you.

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

I'm not that one who's incensed with rage, you a Sevco fan?

The 90+2
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

I'm not that one who's incensed with rage, you a Sevco fan?

😂😂 there it is.

Why wouldn’t I be raging. It’s became evident that we’ve been had.

Like posted above away and support Neil Lennon fc. Mind your hankies on sat for the chanting from the Celtic end and for the tears that will be flowing from your eyes when Lenny fks their treble treble just like he ballsed up when playing Ross County at Hampden In the cup in his first match as “interim manager” last time.

DetroitHibs
26-02-2019, 05:05 PM

It's called football banter, I've heard and sang a lot worse. Maybe take in a show at the Playhouse and grab a pint next door if your offended.

pacoluna
26-02-2019, 05:06 PM
���� there it is.

Your easy to play with, like cat and mouse.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 05:07 PM
Your easy to play with, like cat in mouse.

So you’re trolling then? At least I know you’re not that silly now then 👍🥰🥰🥰

sean04
26-02-2019, 05:09 PM
He’s gotten to you more. Wow, you’ve mentioned our current manager.

**** Neil Lennon he’s been working his ticket for months getting paid with our hard earned and is now back to his true love.

Celtic has always been his club. Supported them as a boy, played, captained, coached and managed them. Lennon done well for 2seasons and failed this season. He showed loads of passion and a willingness to win. Maybe he had another agenda and that was to eventually get back to celtic. Lennon is now history to us, left us in a mess. Right behind hecky and Robbie now

pacoluna
26-02-2019, 05:10 PM
���� there it is.

Why wouldn’t I be raging. It’s became evident that we’ve been had.

Like posted above away and support Neil Lennon fc. Mind your hankies on sat for the chanting from the Celtic end and for the tears that will be flowing from your eyes when Lenny fks their treble treble just like he ballsed up when playing Ross County at Hampden In the cup in his first match as “interim manager” last time.

I've already said I'll be wearing my half green/ginger scarf.

You'll no be there on Saturday you'll have had an aneurism with the way your carrying on by then :greengrin

The 90+2

You'll no be there on Saturday you'll have had an aneurism with they way your carrying on by then :greengrin

Wouldn’t miss it for the world mate.

heidtheba
Saved me the bother :greengrin

You get the sense that Rodgers feels he has that old cliche of ‘unfinished business’ in the EPL after his time at Liverpool. His chances of moving to a bigger EPL club than Leicester are better for doing well at Leicester than they are winning a gazillion trebles at Celtc.

As for the conspiracy theories, it seems to be common knowledge in English press circles that Leicester’s succession planning had identified Rodgers as their first-choice several months ago. Puel had his opportunity and in fairness, Leicester have a decent enough squad and set-up that they should be thinking twelfth place isn’t a true reflection of where they should be.

See I'd agree with this, but as we all know, even winning the title with Leicester won't guarantee you the job for another 12 months. I think Rodgers is taking a much bigger gamble than most believe. He has to do well and then have a job available, at the right time, at a bigger club. Could happen, might not. Obviously Celtic isn't where his ambition is however.

Bostonhibby
26-02-2019, 05:11 PM
I'm wondering if celtc will still be southamptons feeder club or if they'll become leicesters as a result of all this.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Diclonius
26-02-2019, 05:13 PM
At least the Neil Lennon FC fans have a new club to support. :bye:

Wakeyhibee
It’s kind of ironic that, at a time when Sectarian problems in football were more to the fore, we find a situation arising where the problem is almost certainly going to escalate in the remainder of the season. I’m kind of glad we’re out of it to a large extent.

Agree, it's the one bit that didn't sit well with me, him being at Hibs, not his fault but put Hibs in a spotlight other than football

You'll no be there on Saturday you'll have had an aneurism with the way your carrying on by then :greengrin

Will you be in the Celtic end

bigwheel
26-02-2019, 05:14 PM

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 05:16 PM

Good point.

It should be "Lennon" not "Lenny". :wink:

Betty Boop
26-02-2019, 05:17 PM
I'm wondering if celtc will still be southamptons feeder club or if they'll become leicesters as a result of all this.

Did they not get Benkovic from Leicester ?

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 05:17 PM
Too late, Paco ...

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 05:18 PM
Celtic has always been his club. Supported them as a boy, played, captained, coached and managed them. Lennon done well for 2seasons and failed this season. He showed loads of passion and a willingness to win. Maybe he had another agenda and that was to eventually get back to celtic. Lennon is now history to us, left us in a mess. Right behind hecky and Robbie now

He showed lots of passion for 2 seasons and I liked him during that time.

He firstly disrespected the club after setting up a shambles at Tynie and questioning his future, then had the flu (aye no problem m8)
Then cared more about getting it up Rangers and thinking he was stopping them finishing second than us blowing a 3 goal lead to draw 5-5.

Then we have this season, a different Lennon with his hunger completely hone. Almost a going through the motions attitude keeping his stick in tact while eventually having a not giving a **** attitude, blaming everyone apart from his own shortcomings.

Bostonhibby
26-02-2019, 05:18 PM
Did they not get Benkovic from Leicester ?It's definitely a conspiracy then[emoji3]

pacoluna
26-02-2019, 05:21 PM
Too late, Paco ...

Shh

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 05:23 PM
Shh

What's it worth?

pacoluna
26-02-2019, 05:27 PM
What's it worth?

A signed meadowbank shirt

Weir07
26-02-2019, 05:28 PM
Shh

I assume it's Darren McGregor that's your brother, just curious if he was disappointed that Lennon left?

Marvellous
26-02-2019, 05:28 PM
At least the Neil Lennon FC fans have a new club to support. :bye:

Did Lennon pump your imaginary fiance?

Libby Hibby
26-02-2019, 05:30 PM
F*c£ Neil Lennon...He knew what he had to do to get a chance at the Celtic gig when it became available...simply unattached.

It’s probably came earlier than he anticipated.

Captain Trips
26-02-2019, 05:32 PM

No they havent in order for them to be justified you need to show us all these posts prior from today. So I am afraid on that particular note yer tea is once again oot and you are onto a wee trifle. You know you cant because its in your head.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 05:32 PM
Did Lennon pump your imaginary fiance?

Nah, he’s shat in all Hibees faces.

sean04
26-02-2019, 05:33 PM
He showed lots of passion for 2 seasons and I liked him during that time.

He firstly disrespected the club after setting up a shambles at Tynie and questioning his future, then had the flu (aye no problem m8)
Then cared more about getting it up Rangers and thinking he was stopping them finishing second than us blowing a 3 goal lead to draw 5-5.

Then we have this season, a different Lennon with his hunger completely hone. Almost a going through the motions attitude keeping his stick in tact while eventually having a not giving a **** attitude, blaming everyone apart from his own shortcomings.

I was happy to see him go, this season hasn't been good enough and his team selections were baffling. His treatment of flo was a disgrace. He needs a strike partner, struggled himself and kept knocking him

The 90+2
No they havent in order for them to be justified you need to show us all these posts prior from today. So I am afraid on that particular note yer tea is once again oot and you are onto a wee trifle.

Trolling has been admitted regardless so any point made is a wind up now Trips.

Hibernia&Alba
F*c£ Neil Lennon...He knew what he had to do to get a chance at the Celtic gig when it became available...simply unattached.

It’s probably came earlier than he anticipated.

How could Lennon have known the Celtic job was about to become available, when Rodgers had a three year contract? If he did, I'm going to ask him for the lottery numbers!

26-02-2019, 05:34 PM
Sportsound just said Celtic officially announced Lennon on the website and have now taken it down.

Marvellous
26-02-2019, 05:35 PM
Nah, he’s shat in all Hibees faces.

Sorry?

Captain Trips
26-02-2019, 05:35 PM
Trolling has been admitted regardless so any point made is a wind up now Trips.

?

Jim44
26-02-2019, 05:38 PM
I think we have landed on our feet with the appointment of PH. It might be too late to get anything tangible out of the season, but let’s enjoy the improvement he can bring to our club and the potential pantomime of Lennon taking on a job where he could fall on his erchie.

thegaffer12
26-02-2019, 05:38 PM
New Manager Bounce v New Manager Bounce this Saturday then.

Libby Hibby
26-02-2019, 05:39 PM
How could Lennon have known the Celtic job was about to become available, when Rodgers had a three year contract? If he did, I'm going to ask him for the lottery numbers!

Come on, now is not the time to be naive.

Lennon and Rodgers are very friendly, if he didn’t know about it coming up now, he would’ve known if he had intentions to leave after this season. Like I say, it’s probably became available earlier than what he expected it to.

judas
26-02-2019, 05:43 PM
Is it still ‘awe the boards fault’ that Lennon left?!?!

He’s taken so many Hibs fans for fools that it makes me a bit sick.

It’s funny, but I didn’t mind NL before he came to manage us. It was only after his first threats to leave that I saw the man for what it he was.

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2019, 05:44 PM

Lennon and Rodgers are very friendly, if he didn’t know about it coming up now, he would’ve known if he had intentions to leave after this season. Like I say, it’s probably became available earlier than what he expected it to.

Do you think Lennon contrived his departure from Hibs so he could manage Celtic until the end of the season (or at some point), knowing Rodgers would leave? There is no evidence at all for that.

Marvellous
26-02-2019, 05:45 PM

So Rodgers told Lennon that he was leaving at the end of the season and Lennon went on a campaign to get himself sacked during the season in order to give himself plenty of time to prepare for it. Aye.

Scouse Hibee
26-02-2019, 05:47 PM
So Rodgers told Lennon that he was leaving at the end of the season and Lennon went on a campaign to get himself sacked during the season in order to give himself plenty of time to prepare for it. Aye.

I love a conspiracy theory!

26-02-2019, 05:48 PM
Rodgers now officially Leicester manager.

SquashedFrogg
Do you think Lennon contrived his departure from Hibs so he could manage Celtic until the end of the season (or at some point), knowing Rodgers would leave? There is no evidence at all for that.

No evidence but it does seem to have turned out to be a very convenient situation for him.

I know what I think re: this 'pure coincidence'.

Famous Fiver
There is some merit in coming to the view that Lennon wanted away from Hibs and was intending, in the short term, to take the media shilling, knowing that Rodgers could be leaving Celtic, most probably at the end of the season.

If this had happened he would have had three options

1) Get the Celtic job
2) Take a media post
3) Be open to offers from England.

It all happened a bit more quickly than even he anticipated and he has been quick to take his opportunity when it has come along.

Deeds
26-02-2019, 05:49 PM
I’ve no ill feeling towards him, but I would love to see Flo score a last minute winner and do the aeroplane past the dugout...

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 05:49 PM
?

He’s playing posters off like a cat with a mouse - trolling at an emotional tome for the support.

Captain Trips
26-02-2019, 05:50 PM
He’s playing posters off like a cat with a mouse - trolling at an emotional tome for the support.

Is that not a ban?

DarlingtonHibee
26-02-2019, 05:50 PM
Radio clyde brilliant!!!

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2019, 05:51 PM
Rodgers now officially Leicester manager.

https://leicesterfc-static-files.s3.amazonaws.com/leicesterfc/photo/2019/02/26/da139243-42c1-41e0-ab75-702fb1810bde/775305212-024.JPG

That was quick!

Jim44
26-02-2019, 05:52 PM
How could Lennon have known the Celtic job was about to become available, when Rodgers had a three year contracts? If he did, I'm going to ask him for the lottery numbers!

.... so you know him that well? :greengrin You’ve made a few posts suggesting that Lennon is an innocent bystander and that luck has played a good hand for him in this charade. Maybe you might just consider that he was well informed of the wheels within wheels which could open up the door back to Parkhead. Anyway, as I said in another post, water under the bridge and I hope he can cope with the pressure and, more importantly, that we now thrive with PH, a manager with an eye on what’s good for us and not distracted like Lennon was. :hibees

HoboHarry
26-02-2019, 05:55 PM
Wonder if this might be a wee bit of a reality check to those Celtic fans who think they are one of the biggest clubs in the world? Celtic have been cuckolded by a mid table English side......

delbert
26-02-2019, 05:55 PM
I hope everyone is listening to Sportsound, Saint Brendan getting crucified by the pundits who lauded him as the Messiah, bashing on about a lack of loyalty (aye right, in football??). Apparently he has left them in the lurch, even though Lenny is in within hours. The level of naivety on show here is totally designed to pander to the mindless Celtc hordes who are unable to comprehend their actual place in British football although this episode should perhaps help to clarify this a bit better. Some of the fans interviewed by news outlets today have been comedy gold, let’s hope they keep it coming, lovely !!

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2019, 05:56 PM
[/B]

.... so you know him that well? :greengrin You’ve made a few posts suggesting that Lennon is an innocent bystander and that luck has played a good hand for him in this charade. Maybe you might just consider that he was well informed of the wheels within wheels which could open up the door back to Parkhead. Anyway, as I said in another post, water under the bridge and I hope he can cope with the pressure and, more importantly, that we now thrive with PH, a manager with an eye on what’s good for us and not distracted like Lennon was. :hibees

I'm merely saying there is no evidence of any conspiracy, and we should hang fire before accusing Lennon of any skullduggery and betrayal. He's no longer our concern anyway.

Onion
26-02-2019, 05:57 PM
I’m glad Hibs got rid of Lennon when they did, as its guaranteed they’d have lifted him today throwing us into chaos. Only gripe is that Hibs had to pay off his contract !

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 05:58 PM
I'm merely saying there is no evidence of any conspiracy, and we should hang fire before accusing Lennon of any skullduggery and betrayal. He's no longer our concern anyway.

There's never evidence in a conspiracy.

Just circumstances.

And these circumstances are remarkable.

Hibeesmad
26-02-2019, 05:58 PM
Neil Lennon confirmed as Celtic manager until the end of the season.

Celtic also confirm he will be in the dugout against Hearts tomorrow.

SMAXXA
26-02-2019, 05:59 PM
I’m glad Hibs got rid of Lennon when they did, as its guaranteed they’d have lifted him today throwing us into chaos. Only gripe is that Hibs had to pay off his contract !

You don’t know they did he was possibly getting paid as not hence the report on the beeb earlier saying there were things to sort out with Hibs before the deal would be finalised.

OtleyHibs
26-02-2019, 06:00 PM
SSN saying Lennon has been appointed until the end of the season. Enjoyed his time here, disliking him just feels more natural though 😄

Would be magic to spank him and his pals out the cup on Saturday and Flo bagging the winner would be the perfect ending to this story

GGTTH - nothing else matters

Hibernia&Alba
Neil Lennon confirmed as Celtic manager until the end of the season.

Celtic also confirm he will be in the dugout against Hearts tomorrow.

Carnage; the maroonics will be foaming at the mooth!

crewetollhibee
Pat Bonner banging on about the timing and the Celtic supporters being unhappy about it. Suck it up Pat, you pinched your greatest ever manager from us, mid-season.

SideBurns
I don't understand anger directed at Lennon over this. Maybe he hoped that when Rodgers eventually left he'd have a chance of going back, but he couldn't possibly have known over a month ago that Leicester would sack their manager and then go for Celtic's! It's paranoid nonsense.

Personally, I think it's brilliant and just makes Saturday all the more exciting. I hope he gets a good reception when he walks out at ER, then Hecky's Hibees hump the lesser greens.

Onion
26-02-2019, 06:01 PM
Lennon confirmed. Huge boost for ... Hearts tomorrow !!

HoboHarry
26-02-2019, 06:02 PM
SSN saying Lennon has been appointed until the end of the season. Enjoyed his time here, disliking him just feels more natural though ��

Would be magic to spank him and his pals out the cup on Saturday and Flo bagging the winner would be the perfect ending to this story

GGTTH - nothing else matters
And Flo doing an aeroplane after scoring the winning goal :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
26-02-2019, 06:02 PM
So what about his well documented mental health issues? They suddenly gone have they?

I'm coming round the idea that he's worked his ticket.

CropleyWasGod
26-02-2019, 06:03 PM
Not the cleverest opening remarks from BR.

"I'll give my life..."

🙄

Hibees1973
26-02-2019, 06:06 PM
Sure Lennon will get a good reception from the Hibs support on Saturday.

If Celtic win I’m sure Lennon will give it a GIFRUY to the Hibs board.

And if Hibs manage to win we will give it a GIFRUY to Lennon and the Celtic support.

I wouldn’t expect anything else.

We need Hibs to sell out our end to give us every chance possible.

OtleyHibs
26-02-2019, 06:08 PM
And Flo doing an aeroplane after scoring the winning goal :greengrin

That would instantly become one of my all time favourite Easter Road moments 😂

Heisenberg
26-02-2019, 06:08 PM
I hope he fails miserably and takes his strange tactical ideas with him to Celtc. Might see one of their midfielders playing RWB against us for the first time in their career.

Captain Trips
26-02-2019, 06:09 PM
My thoughts on BR and NL:

Ya couple of fannies.

Captain Trips
26-02-2019, 06:10 PM
That would instantly become one of my all time favourite Easter Road moments 😂

Im sure Lennon will tell his rent a thug Brown to do him and the rest of us and get away with it.

sambajustice
26-02-2019, 06:11 PM
He's probably had an open and honest conversation with the Hibs board and said "if this is on the cards, I'm going to take the job"

The Hibs board have probably just said "Just go now then and save the hassle" Lennon probably didn't want to be portrayed to be the bad guy by jumping ship.

Don't think he's worked his ticket but he definitely knew it was on the cards. No problem with it and good luck to him

Bad Martini
26-02-2019, 06:11 PM
... If you're no part of the solution, youre part of the problem. Our former manager is not part of the solution.

Wonder if he'll speak to the press if we pump them. Made his bed, can lie in it and I hope we ****ing gub them. That said, I'll settle for any win and for bonus points, Flo to batter in the winner.

ENDOF

Lago
26-02-2019, 06:12 PM
So what about his well documented mental health issues? They suddenly gone have they?

I'm coming round the idea that he's worked his ticket.

It does all seem to be a bit too pat!!

Captain Trips
26-02-2019, 06:12 PM
... If you're no part of the solution, youre part of the problem. Our former manager is not part of the solution.

Wonder if he'll speak to the press if we pump them. Made his bed, can lie in it and I hope we ****ing gub them. That said, I'll settle for any win and for bonus points, Flo to batter in the winner.

ENDOF

:thumbsup:

HoboHarry
26-02-2019, 06:13 PM
It does all seem to be a bit too pat!!
Pat? Don't want him back either.......

Nakedmanoncrack
Lennon confirmed. Huge boost for ... Hearts tomorrow !!

I think Levein will relish the opportunity to face him again.

Scott Allan Key
I’d like Kamberi to run to the away dugout doing the aeroplane [emoji3]

Dream scenario. Here’s hoping.

McIntosh
26-02-2019, 06:14 PM
I was told in October by a Scout of an another club that Celtic had, had Neil Lennon lined up over the summer, as they had been several issues with Rogers and he had threatened to leave. As I said earlier, I thought it was total nonsense but What I was told has transpired. Celtic have a first class manager and good luck to him, except against us.

calumhibee1
Sure Lennon will get a good reception from the Hibs support on Saturday.

If Celtic win I’m sure Lennon will give it a GIFRUY to the Hibs board.

And if Hibs manage to win we will give it a GIFRUY to Lennon and the Celtic support.

I wouldn’t expect anything else.

We need Hibs to sell out our end to give us every chance possible.

I'll pass on giving the Celtic manager a good reception. Much like I would never give Scott Brown a good reception even though he done a lot more for this club.

Captain Trips
Dream scenario. Here’s hoping.

From a Gray cross

Michael
26-02-2019, 06:15 PM
Why the anti-Lennon sentiment?

He made an excellent contribution to the club. Let's just move on.

The timing is purely coincidence. There's 3 clubs involved!

davym7062
26-02-2019, 06:17 PM
No doubt in my mind he knew it was comin and he’s cost hibs money coz Celtic would’ve had to pay compensation!

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 06:17 PM

He done an okay job and left us in 8th before the window closed.

There was 2 clubs involved and he was captain of both. All just a sheer coincidence though.

OtleyHibs
26-02-2019, 06:18 PM
Im sure Lennon will tell his rent a thug Brown to do him and the rest of us and get away with it.

No doubt mate, don’t think Brown even needs telling any more but we’ve done them before and we can do them again and hopefully on the back of a win tomorrow.

SquashedFrogg
26-02-2019, 06:19 PM

Lol

calumhibee1
26-02-2019, 06:20 PM
He done an okay job and left us in 8th before the window closed.

There was 2 clubs involved and he was captain of both. All just a sheer coincidence though.

:agree:

We've got Leicester, a club who have been poor this season and with a manager who would probably have been one of the favourites in the "race for the sack" while NL was still at Hibs. It's far from outwith the realms of possibility that Leicester sounded out Celtic/BR and somebody at Celtic or Leicester (both clubs NL has strong connections to) gave NL a heads up, whether that be BR himself who he's apparently fairly friendly with or the Celtic board.

Sammy7nil
26-02-2019, 06:22 PM
Not the cleverest opening remarks from BR.

"I'll give my life..."

🙄

Probably taken out of context ie give my life to or dedicate my life to. Not talking about topping himself.

CropleyWasGod
26-02-2019, 06:24 PM
Probably taken out of context ie give my life to or dedicate my life to. Not talking about topping himself.

In light of Leicester's recent history, it wasn't the smartest choice of words.

Jim44
26-02-2019, 06:24 PM

Nobody will ever convince me that Lennon was driven from ER or that he didn’t manipulate his departure. No coincidence ........ Ill-feeling and anti-Lennon sentiment? You bet there is........ from the majority of Hibs supporters, in my opinion.

Doh Rae Me
26-02-2019, 06:29 PM
Nobody will ever convince me that Lennon was driven from ER or that he didn’t manipulate his departure. No coincidence ........ Ill-feeling and anti-Lennon sentiment? You bet there is........ from the majority of Hibs supporters, in my opinion.

Not from me

Hibeesmad
26-02-2019, 06:29 PM
Didn’t realise Lennon has a higher win percentage as Celtic manager than Brendan Rodgers considering they’ve done a double treble and went a season unbeaten.

Anyway, hope we beat them on Saturday and we have a good turn out to back the boys.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 06:30 PM
Not from me

Join in with one Neil Lennon from the Celtic end then.

I’ll stick with “you’re just a **** Brendan Rodgers”

DavidDavidGray
26-02-2019, 06:31 PM
Hope he gets booed out the building on Saturday. Time to show him how good we really are.

sauzee=legend
26-02-2019, 06:31 PM
Not reading all 16 pages....
Don’t care about Brenda and Leicester not my club.
Don’t care about Lennon and Celtic not my club either.
Care about the famous green and white Hibees tho!!!!

inglisavhibs
26-02-2019, 06:32 PM
I doubt that very much given the circumstances.

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2019, 06:33 PM

I really think we should hold back with the pitch forks until we have evidence of Lennon planning this all along. It's a big leap and may well be wrong. Let the dust settle then make a measured response.

Unseen work
26-02-2019, 06:33 PM
Even more desperate for us to beat Celtic now.

Every player must be up for this now and desperate to prove a point about him with the amount of stick he gave them.

Come on Flo.

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2019, 06:35 PM

Every player must be up for this now and desperate to prove a point about him with the amount of stick he gave them.

Come on Flo.

Our chances have surely improved. Something like this has to have an effect on players' concentration for a while.

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 06:36 PM
I really think we should hold back with the pitch forks until we have evidence of Lennon planning this all along. It's a big leap and may well be wrong. Let the dust settle then make a measured response.

What about an apology from the people stating the board was not only a disgrace but have handled the whole situation disgracefully against Lennon until there’s evidence of that being the case?

Boy was working his ticket to get back to Celtic. If not he just happened to be appointed the same day the club he was old club captain of took Rodgers from them.

calumhibee1
26-02-2019, 06:37 PM
Our chances have surely improved. Something like this has to effect players' concentration for a while.

I would never go as far as saying I want Hearts to win but it would be very interesting if they beat Celtic tomorrow. The Celtic fans already didn't want NL back, a bad start against a team they really dislike would really put the pressure on them on Saturday.

BegbieHSC
26-02-2019, 06:37 PM

This. Absolutely this

calumhibee1
26-02-2019, 06:38 PM
What about an apology from the people stating the board was not only a disgrace but have handled the whole situation disgracefully against Lennon until there’s evidence of that being the case?

Boy was working his ticket to get back to Celtic. If not he just happened to be appointed the same day the club he was old club captain of took Rodgers from them.

Same day? Rodgers left just before 7 and NL was appointed just after 7, it's been within the hour :greengrin

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 06:42 PM
Same day? Rodgers left just before 7 and NL was appointed just after 7, it's been within the hour :greengrin

But but neither had no idea this was all going to happen and play out all the same.

Lennons the returning hero, Celtic get £6m and it’s all Brendan’s fault.

Job done.

HIBERNIAN-0762
Lennon had previously stated the time was right to leave Celtic and wanted out of Scottish football after he left us and perhaps try his luck abroad.

So much for a man of his word.

B.H.F.C
I would never go as far as saying I want Hearts to win but it would be very interesting if they beat Celtic tomorrow. The Celtic fans already didn't want NL back, a bad start against a team they really dislike would really put the pressure on them on Saturday.

Hope they pump Hearts tomorrow.

Hibeesmad
26-02-2019, 06:43 PM
But but neither had no idea this was all going to happen and play out all the same.

Job done.

Celtic penny pinching once again, most likely the reason Rodgers wanted to leave at the first oppurtunity.

Onion

Come on Flo.

Huge pressure on Celtic, given they are unbeaten in all domestic cup competitions in 3 years. If Lennon loses, it would be a massive blow to Celtic and Lennon personally. No pressure :greengrin

BoomtownHibees
This. Absolutely this

Would it be “absolutely this” if it was the Huns he had went to?

Hi Heid Yin
26-02-2019, 06:45 PM
Just when you thought the debate over Lennon’s departure was winding down...

My thoughts too!

The 90+2
Would it be “absolutely this” if it was the Huns he had went to?

Of course not. He would be the new GJP.

Doh Rae Me
I'll be cheering on Neil and Celtic tomorrow. I have no problem with him going there and bear him no Ill will.

Callum_62
26-02-2019, 06:46 PM

Job done.

Obviously celtic had lennon agreed pending Rodgers leaving and could only announce him once Leicester confirmed

Doesnt mean anything went on while he was at Hibs

The 90+2
Celtic penny pinching once again, most likely the reason Rodgers wanted to leave at the first oppurtunity.

Probably. Athens and McGinn sealed it it seems. Loans in January kind of confirms it too.

Onion
Thinking back, it was a bit odd how gracious, understanding and thankful Lennon was when he surfaced a few weeks ago after being booted out of Hibs. Hmm !

Stuart93
Wonder if they space cadets will be singing one neil lennon up the back of sect43 on Saturday

The 90+2
26-02-2019, 06:48 PM
Obviously celtic had lennon agreed pending Rodgers leaving and could only announce him once Leicester confirmed

Doesnt mean anything went on while he was at Hibs

He just happened to stop really caring, happened to get suspended without going off his nut and fighting his own corner and happily left the club yeah? Or within a week or so of him leaving us this was all set up because he acted with dignity and loyalty to his position at Hibernian?