PDA

View Full Version : Kosovar Sadiki

Lendo
25-02-2019, 09:46 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/who-is-new-hibs-defender-kosovar-sadiki-1-4879124

is this an early April Fools or did we sign this guy and I’ve completely missed it?

HoboHarry
25-02-2019, 09:49 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/who-is-new-hibs-defender-kosovar-sadiki-1-4879124

is this an early April Fools or did we sign this guy and I’ve completely missed it?
Well it's not April yet and I'm sure you aren't a fool but you have been asleep at the wheel....😁

Forza Fred
26-02-2019, 03:36 AM
Is he A translated Tommy Block?

macca70
26-02-2019, 04:59 AM
Signed for the Development Team after playing a few development games as a trialist.

We’re just fans though, why would the club want to tell us anything that’s going on!! 😩

Diclonius
26-02-2019, 06:31 AM
He's our fourth choice fit centre back as it stands, so we may well see him on the bench soon.

Beefster
26-02-2019, 06:49 AM
Signed for the Development Team after playing a few development games as a trialist.

We’re just fans though, why would the club want to tell us anything that’s going on!! 😩

You’re looking for the club to announce every player that signs for the development team?

bingo70
26-02-2019, 06:58 AM
You’re looking for the club to announce every player that signs for the development team?

What’s wrong with that? We normally do?

Tommy block being the most obvious recent example.

green day
26-02-2019, 06:59 AM
Announcement probably fell through the cracks as it was same time as the Lennon stuff going on.

J-C
26-02-2019, 07:05 AM
Could it be we were waiting for a visa for him before we could announce him.

hibbysam
26-02-2019, 07:07 AM
What’s wrong with that? We normally do?

Tommy block being the most obvious recent example.

Tommy block was in the first team squad the day after he signed. I don’t expect every youth player to sign for hibs to be announced on the website or we’d be there all day.

Leitherhibs
26-02-2019, 07:14 AM
Tommy block was in the first team squad the day after he signed. I don’t expect every youth player to sign for hibs to be announced on the website or we’d be there all day.

Major exaggeration that. I don’t think it’s too much to ask for the club to do a one liner notifying the fans that a player has joined the development squad, there’s only 20 or so of them, and most are already with the club and move up through the ranks over the course of the season. It’d be strong supporter engagement from the club, and helps the fans feel closer to the dev squad.

hibbysam
26-02-2019, 07:18 AM
Major exaggeration that. I don’t think it’s too much to ask for the club to do a one liner notifying the fans that a player has joined the development squad, there’s only 20 or so of them, and most are already with the club and move up through the ranks over the course of the season. It’d be strong supporter engagement from the club, and helps the fans feel closer to the dev squad.

Why is it a major exaggeration? If we announce youth players then surely we announce them all? I’m not going to get my knickers twisted because hibs didn’t announce a young lad has signed for a youth team.

overdrive
26-02-2019, 07:22 AM
Could it be we were waiting for a visa for him before we could announce him.

Doubtful. He probably has German citizenship so wouldn’t need a visa, but even if he did need a visa, there’s no way he’d be allowed to play for the development team (or indeed train) before getting one.

Leitherhibs
26-02-2019, 07:23 AM
Why is it a major exaggeration? If we announce youth players then surely we announce them all? I’m not going to get my knickers twisted because hibs didn’t announce a young lad has signed for a youth team.

“We’d be there all day” - No we wouldn’t, we’re talking about the development squad, which is a direct feed into the first team squad and quite often ends up supplementing the first team squad, as we’ve seen countless times this season. I just think supporters should know who the guys are that are involved. Not a big ask, no knickers twisted, it’d just be a nice touch from the club and better inform our fans, even as a footnote in a wider announcement. Announcing some players who join the dev squad and not others feels poor to me as well.

Oscar T Grouch
26-02-2019, 07:30 AM
He’s not listed on the fishy website at all. Seems strange not to list a player playing in the reserve team on the official site unless he’s still a trialist? Would mean he’s been on trial for a couple of months if that’s the case. Seems a bit weird.

Souter96Mac
26-02-2019, 07:37 AM
Looks hard as nails

Hibbyradge
26-02-2019, 07:49 AM
I'm not particularly interested in players we sign for the development team, but it would be easy enough to write a paragraph or a pen picture of any new recruits.

Most folk will get bored quickly enough reading that "Johnny Smith (16), an energetic midfielder, has signed for the development team from Port Glasgow boys club", but if it stops people criticising the club then it must be worth the effort.

CraigHibee
26-02-2019, 07:49 AM
Looks a total unit, him and porteous together potentially could be good

MagicSwirlingShip
26-02-2019, 12:21 PM
Remember David Stephens? He was a big lad too. Absolutely humpty though.
This boy is in the development squad for a reason, to develop.

allezsauzee
26-02-2019, 01:23 PM
Eligible to play for Germany :faf: