PDA

View Full Version : Lazio v Roma - experiences?

Fratelli
25-02-2019, 08:32 PM
Gutted to be missing the Cup game as i’ll be in Rome this weekend but just had confirmation that I have a ticket for the ‘Derby della Capitale’ at the Stadio Olimpico!

I’ve been to a match there before but never the Derby so just wondering if anyone has firsthand experiences of this particular fixture?

I’m going with a Roma fan so his local knowledge will be invaluable.

hibeerealist
25-02-2019, 09:14 PM
Gutted to be missing the Cup game as i’ll be in Rome this weekend but just had confirmation that I have a ticket for the ‘Derby della Capitale’ at the Stadio Olimpico!

I’ve been to a match there before but never the Derby so just wondering if anyone has firsthand experiences of this particular fixture?

Make sure you are in your seat in good time, my experience was those with poor seats crowded around the stadium entrances around the ground until 15-20 mins to kick off then grabbed any seats that were not occupied. I had to watch the whole game standing in one of the entrances/exits behind some pretty big guys.

Atmosphere was good though.

enjoy

Fratelli
25-02-2019, 09:31 PM
Make sure you are in your seat in good time, my experience was those with poor seats crowded around the stadium entrances around the ground until 15-20 mins to kick off then grabbed any seats that were not occupied. I had to watch the whole game standing in one of the entrances/exits behind some pretty big guys.

Atmosphere was good though.

enjoy

I certainly want to take in the atmosphere so I’ll be suggesting to my friend that we are seated half an hour before kick-off.

Have to say that €35 for a ticket seems pretty reasonable!

Frazerbob
25-02-2019, 10:35 PM
€35? Bloody disgrace. Petrie and Dempster must go! 😉

Captain Trips
25-02-2019, 10:47 PM
€35? Bloody disgrace. Petrie and Dempster must go! 😉

I went to a Milan Derby and although I had a seat number I got nowere near it. It was mental.

scotiaf
26-02-2019, 12:51 AM
One of the best footballing experiences I have ever had, it was a little dangerous after the game though and we made a sharp exit out. Enjoy

Springbank
26-02-2019, 06:05 AM
yeah it pays to get there early but leave with the crowd as the stadium is miles from anywhere as its surrounded by the olympic park, and the lazio fans are a bit rangersy to put it one way.
great game & i loved the stadium.
would agree with captain trips about the rome derby & the milan derby being mental!

Leitherhibs
26-02-2019, 07:18 AM
I was at the 3-1 game in Sep, in Curva Sud. Absolutely bonkers, arrived 5 mins before kick off and stood probably about 20 seats away from where I was supposed to be. Atmosphere was one of the best I’ve experienced but need to have your wits about you.

StevesFamau5
26-02-2019, 07:59 AM
yeah it pays to get there early but leave with the crowd as the stadium is miles from anywhere as its surrounded by the olympic park, and the lazio fans are a bit rangersy to put it one way.
great game & i loved the stadium.
would agree with captain trips about the rome derby & the milan derby being mental!

I was at a Lazio game at the tail end of last year and while it wasn't the most intense of atmospheres it was still amazing, but I didn't notice anything Rangersy from them and we were in the Curva Nord. If anything they were pretty pleasant and while looking a bit mental we didn't feel like we were threatened unlike Castle Greyskull.

The only thing that was overwhelming was the smell of pot which may have clouded my judgement towards the end. :greengrin:greengrin

26-02-2019, 08:03 AM
I been to a couple of Lazio vs Roma games, usually when Roma have been the home team. If you’re near the Curva the atmosphere is amazing. Go early so you can see the pre match tifo stuff, also can take a while to get in due to security.

jane_says
26-02-2019, 12:41 PM
As a few have said, arrive early. Was at a Roma Juve game a couple years ago and the stadium was bouncing 45 minutes before kick off. Flares, firecrackers, flags, singing. Incredible atmosphere in the big games.

Sammy7nil
26-02-2019, 06:10 PM

I went about 15 years ago me and my mate were they only guys there that had, had a drink, no queue for toilet at HT :greengrin the atmosphere was great. Peeps in the dear seats climbing glass wall to get in with the bams behind the goals. Four fire engines to douse the flares. Lazio were at home Roma scored first Lazio came back to win fans went berserk. Players walked away in their pants as boots and strips thrown to the crowd. No trouble at all however the next derby some one drove a moped to the top tier and threw it in to the crowd below.

Lancs Harp
26-02-2019, 06:17 PM
Lazio play AC Milan tonight in the Copa Italia semi final first leg if you want an Italian football fix, its live on BT2 at 8pm

Fratelli
26-02-2019, 07:33 PM
Thanks everyone for your experiences.

When our Roma supporting friend was in Edinburgh last August, I took him along to The Harp and Castle followed by a seat in the East Stand for the Aberdeen game so I’m looking forward to him reciprocating the hospitality on Saturday night.

Can’t wait...

Sammy7nil
26-02-2019, 07:43 PM
Thanks everyone for your experiences.

When our Roma supporting friend was in Edinburgh last August, I took him along to The Harp and Castle followed by a seat in the East Stand for the Aberdeen game so I’m looking forward to him reciprocating the hospitality on Saturday night.

Can’t wait...

I love Rome been four times, it is very different to here not many bars like ours it will interesting to see where he takes you.