PDA

View Full Version : Heckingbottom

calumhibee1
25-02-2019, 01:18 PM
To all the people who were ridiculously demanding that anyone who wanted Lennon out must have a replacement in mind themselves who was within our budget - he’s the guy I want in charge of our club :agree:

Think he’ll go on to be a cracking manager of our club.

JXM73
25-02-2019, 01:21 PM
Jury's still out...

My_Wife_Camille
25-02-2019, 01:22 PM
To all the people who were ridiculously demanding that anyone who wanted Lennon out must have a replacement in mind themselves who was within our budget - he’s the guy I want in charge of our club :agree:

Why would you want a guy that’s going to be a cracking manager? This doesn’t fit the narrative at all.

I thought anyone who was critical of Lennon was revelling in defeat and hoping we would lose so they could stick the boot into the club?

calumhibee1
25-02-2019, 02:02 PM
Jury's still out...

Absolutely.

I think he comes across very well and the stories that have come out of East Mains since he took over are all positive. Throw in a couple of good results and a few players suddenly performing a lot better than they were (Horgan, Flo, Milligan, Gray being back in the team) and I reckon things are certainly looking up.

calumhibee1
25-02-2019, 02:03 PM
Why would you want a guy that’s going to be a cracking manager? This doesn’t fit the narrative at all.

I thought anyone who was critical of Lennon was revelling in defeat and hoping we would lose so they could stick the boot into the club?

True. This has been a very crap couple of weeks with us finally winning games and scoring 4 on the road. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
25-02-2019, 02:08 PM

If we lose at St Johnstone, be prepared for the first 'Heckingbottom Out' thread :greengrin

Diclonius
25-02-2019, 02:11 PM
Next two games will be big test for him.

worcesterhibby
25-02-2019, 02:25 PM
improvements are there to be seen. There will be good days and bad days, but I suspect more good than bad. Onwards and upwards :thumbsup:

Captain Trips
25-02-2019, 04:08 PM
I think Heckingbottom might just turn out to be a very good manager for us. :flag:

bigwheel
25-02-2019, 04:15 PM
I think Heckingbottom might just turn out to be a very good manager for us. :flag:

very early days, but I like his analytical and seemingly detailed style...could be good for us..

Here’s Lucy!
25-02-2019, 04:15 PM
Bump this thread after the next two games.

Two more wins and he's well on his way.

Anything less, and he'll probably get pelters.

As said already, the jury is still out.

DaveF
25-02-2019, 04:21 PM
Er ...he's had 2 games in charge. I'll make my mind up after a couple of transfer windows.

Let the guy get his foot in the door first. ...

Seaquest
25-02-2019, 04:23 PM
Can’t really judge in the short term. Needs at least one transfer window giving a chance to shape the team.

sean04
25-02-2019, 04:35 PM
He's made a positive impact so far, players are responding. 2 up front is great

JimBHibees
25-02-2019, 04:43 PM
Bump this thread after the next two games.

Two more wins and he's well on his way.

Anything less, and he'll probably get pelters.

As said already, the jury is still out.

:faf:

Here’s Lucy!
25-02-2019, 04:45 PM

You can laugh Jim, but that is precisely what will happen as soon as we drop a point or points.

JimBHibees
25-02-2019, 04:46 PM
You can laugh Jim, but that is precisely what will happen as soon as we drop a point or points.

Probably. The world has gone mad. :greengrin

Here’s Lucy!
25-02-2019, 04:48 PM
Probably. The world has gone mad. :greengrin

Totally mad.

Modern life is crap!! :wink:

Keith_M
25-02-2019, 04:55 PM
If we lose at St Johnstone, be prepared for the first 'Heckingbottom Out' thread :greengrin

I've got a draft ready...

Slavers
25-02-2019, 04:57 PM
Bot Botts will win us more than one trophy! I have been having this vision and he holds a trophy in each hand!

Here’s Lucy!
25-02-2019, 05:02 PM
[QUOTE=HomeTeam;5720979Bot Botts will win us more than one trophy! I have been having this vision and he holds a trophy in each hand![/QUOTE]

Bot Botts??????

:bitchy:

The 90+2
25-02-2019, 05:06 PM
Wants to be here and is happier than the last guy in control of the side.

Fresh approach.

Players look happier.

Happy days.

B.H.F.C
25-02-2019, 05:07 PM
Whatever happens the rest of this season will be more enjoyable.

Can see a few high scoring games.

Here’s Lucy!
25-02-2019, 05:09 PM
Wants to be here and is happier than the last guy in control of the side.

Fresh approach.

Players look happier.

Happy days.

Think I'll have a 'juice' to celebrate! :wink:

:na na:

The 90+2
Whatever happens the rest of this season will be more enjoyable.

Can see a few high scoring games.

And a few more season tickets being renewed.

The 90+2
Think I'll have a 'juice' to celebrate! :wink:

:na na:

😉

Hibeesmad
25-02-2019, 05:17 PM

I think Lennon is a great manager but I would never want Hibs to lose.

I think a lot of fans need to realise that football is a game of opinions, there is no right or wrong answers when it comes to opinions. If you can’t respect somebody else’s opinion then usually it’s best to not say anything at all.

jacomo
25-02-2019, 05:32 PM

Give it a rest. Please.

You could have just posted about the new manager, but instead you feel a need to justify your own position and brand anyone who disagrees as ‘ridiculous’.

I’m delighted our new manager has started well, but your posts are boring and pathetic.

Tug Wilson
25-02-2019, 05:36 PM
So far I feel that Mr Heckingbottom has done little wrong.

He has come in to a squad low on confidence and a bit low on numbers. He can do nothing about the depleted squad he has to work with but he does seem to have injected a bit of confidence in the team.

His first 2 games could only really be banana skins. Win them, as he did, and people would say "so what he should win these sort of games" but lose them and the doubters would be doing cartwheels.

He strikes me as a very articulate and intelligent person who knows what he wants from his team. He is not a Colin Calderwood. He has much more managerial experience than CC had. Indeed more than Mowbray and Stubbs. He has served his apprenticeship.

Obviously, this Wednesday is the first real test. Not that the 1st two weren't tests but Wednesday could define our season. A win is crucial. However if we don't win then I will not be on here calling for his head. He did not get us in this position but he might just get us out of it.

Hibeesmad
25-02-2019, 05:39 PM
So far I feel that Mr Heckingbottom has done little wrong.

He has come in to a squad low on confidence and a bit low on numbers. He can do nothing about the depleted squad he has to work with but he does seem to have injected a bit of confidence in the team.

His first 2 games could only really be banana skins. Win them, as he did, and people would say "so what he should win these sort of games" but lose them and the doubters would be doing cartwheels.

He strikes me as a very articulate and intelligent person who knows what he wants from his team. He is not a Colin Calderwood. He has much more managerial experience than CC had. Indeed more than Mowbray and Stubbs. He has served his apprenticeship.

Obviously, this Wednesday is the first real test. Not that the 1st two weren't tests but Wednesday could define our season. A win is crucial. However if we don't win then I will not be on here calling for his head. He did not get us in this position but he might just get us out of it.

I am very optimistic about our future with him as Head Coach. I was absolutely delighted when he was appointed. I believe we will finish in the top 6 and above Hearts 👏🏻

Swedish hibee
25-02-2019, 05:45 PM
I rather like him!

erin go bragh
25-02-2019, 05:48 PM
100% win ratio 😜

calumhibee1
25-02-2019, 05:50 PM
Give it a rest. Please.

You could have just posted about the new manager, but instead you feel a need to justify your own position and brand anyone who disagrees as ‘ridiculous’.

I’m delighted our new manager has started well, but your posts are boring and pathetic.

I was asked the question often enough. As were others. I didn't have an answer at the time as I don't have an extensive knowledge of managers in the kind of market we operate in, I'd think the vast majority of Hibs fans would be in the same boat, hence why it was a ridiculous stance to take - you can only want rid of NL if you happen to know of an out of work manager who fits the bill who's been around the 2nd tier or below in England was pretty much the jist of it. I'd never heard of PH before he came to Hibs. But he's started off very well and by all accounts the players are enjoying working under him. So I now have my answer to the question that I and others were posed numerous times while being told there was nobody out there that could replace NL. :aok:

BurghHibby
25-02-2019, 05:51 PM

Who’s the guy behind Ollie?

Saturday Boy
25-02-2019, 05:53 PM

Ian Rush?

w pilton hibby
25-02-2019, 06:05 PM

Kosovar Sadiki?

https://www.google.com/search?q=sadiki+football&client=tablet-android-pega&prmd=nvi&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi39_fZydfgAhVHQRUIHabbD7MQ_AUoA3oECAwQA w&biw=600&bih=960#imgrc=NbxFhPog9rp9oM

Hi Heid Yin
25-02-2019, 06:17 PM
Far, far, far too early to come to any conclusion re our new manager.

Too many clubs have enjoyed "the new manager buzz" with accompanying positive results, only for things to level out and for reality to kick-in.

This said, I'm pleased for our club, indeed Paul Heckingbottom, that he has hit-the-ground-running, as we were in real danger of falling too far behind our closest challengers for 6th place.

Confidence is crucial, as is momentum, and we have now got both.

jacomo
25-02-2019, 06:34 PM
I was asked the question often enough. As were others. I didn't have an answer at the time as I don't have an extensive knowledge of managers in the kind of market we operate in, I'd think the vast majority of Hibs fans would be in the same boat, hence why it was a ridiculous stance to take - you can only want rid of NL if you happen to know of an out of work manager who fits the bill who's been around the 2nd tier or below in England was pretty much the jist of it. I'd never heard of PH before he came to Hibs. But he's started off very well and by all accounts the players are enjoying working under him. So I now have my answer to the question that I and others were posed numerous times while being told there was nobody out there that could replace NL. :aok:

Great. I’m pleased you’ve won your straw man argument.

Now can you cease from criticising your fellow supporters please?

Ta.

Onion
25-02-2019, 06:47 PM
Far too early to rate this manager. He's taken over an existing group of players who we all know were seriously underperforming and to his credit has got them playing better and winning games. The first 11 were the same that won the match before he arrived and he is very restricted in his choice.

Once we've seen his ability to change games with substitutions / formation, his team selection when we have a full complement available and his eye for a player / areas to be strengthened in the transfer market - we'll get a proper idea of just how good he is. Good start but long way to go.

B.H.F.C
25-02-2019, 07:03 PM
Big positive, IMO, is that everything is about Hibs again. No talking about Celtic, or sectarian abuse, or death threats or anything like that.

That’s not having a go at Lennon as none of that was really his fault. It just all became a bit of a distraction in the last 6 months or so though.

The Modfather
25-02-2019, 07:06 PM

Heckingbottom is a born winner :agree:

Tug Wilson
25-02-2019, 07:19 PM
Far too early to rate this manager. He's taken over an existing group of players who we all know were seriously underperforming and to his credit has got them playing better and winning games. The first 11 were the same that won the match before he arrived and he is very restricted in his choice.

Once we've seen his ability to change games with substitutions / formation, his team selection when we have a full complement available and his eye for a player / areas to be strengthened in the transfer market - we'll get a proper idea of just how good he is. Good start but long way to go.

I don't think anyone could start proclaiming the new manager and Hibs as the perfect fit. Yet. Way too early in his tenure. However the signs are reasonably decent.

southern hibby
25-02-2019, 07:37 PM
Anyone that was at Dundee or watched the game on tv could see there has been an improvement on throw ins. This alone tells me that he is at least trying to address the basics that we have failed at so often this season ( and many other seasons too, for throw ins).

FFS, lets get behind the team, manager and hopefully he can be a good fit for us.

GGTTH

calumhibee1
25-02-2019, 07:37 PM
Great. I’m pleased you’ve won your straw man argument.

Now can you cease from criticising your fellow supporters please?

Ta.

How very precious.

calumhibee1
25-02-2019, 07:38 PM
Heckingbottom is a born winner :agree:

:greengrin

jacomo
25-02-2019, 07:45 PM
How very precious.

Whatever.

Hibees1973
25-02-2019, 07:48 PM
Far too early. Wait until the end of next season.

If we are in the top 4 and have a cup final appearance, then yes.

allmodcons
25-02-2019, 08:20 PM

Seriously, how the **** can you judge a manager on 2 games? Attention seeking OP.

calumhibee1
25-02-2019, 08:23 PM
Seriously, how the **** can you judge a manager on 2 games? Attention seeking OP.

You still raging?

I presume nobody can suggest that a player looks promising after two games either or say they’re glad we signed them after a few games by your logic? I’m glad we signed McNulty, that must be a ridiculous thing to be pleased about aswell seeing as he’s only played 3 games? Or does your logic only apply to PH because he replaced NL, has improved us and you’ve not got over it?

allmodcons
25-02-2019, 08:31 PM
You still raging?

I presume nobody can suggest that a player looks promising after two games either or say they’re glad we signed them after a few games by your logic? I’m glad we signed McNulty, that must be a ridiculous thing to be pleased about aswell seeing as he’s only played 3 games? Or does your logic only apply to PH because he replaced NL, has improved us and you’ve not got over it?

What a pile of crap. You really are an attention seeker.

I've been absolutely delighted with our start under PH and obviously hope he does well.

Your McNulty analogy is laughable. We knew he was a decent player before he signed and you've just confirmed you knew little or nothing about PH.

I was disappointed NL left but have moved on and am fully behind PH.

You need to grow up.

calumhibee1
25-02-2019, 08:42 PM
What a pile of crap. You really are an attention seeker.

I've been absolutely delighted with our start under PH and obviously hope he does well.

Your McNulty analogy is laughable. We knew he was a decent player before he signed and you've just confirmed you knew little or nothing about PH.

I was disappointed NL left but have moved on and am fully behind PH.

You need to grow up.

The McNulty analogy is laughable, whys that? He totally flopped in the English Championship, a league that PH done quite well in as Barnsley manager. But we’re allowed to be excited and happy with the signing of McNulty but I cant do the same with our manager?

I’d never heard of him before he was linked with us, does that mean after looking into him when his name was being banded about I wasn’t allowed to think he looked a good appointment? :confused:

allmodcons
25-02-2019, 08:46 PM
The McNulty analogy is laughable, whys that? He totally flopped in the English Championship, a league that PH done quite well in as Barnsley manager. But we’re allowed to be excited and happy with the signing of McNulty but I cant do the same with our manager?

I’d never heard of him before he was linked with us, does that mean after looking into him when his name was being banded about I wasn’t allowed to think he looked a good appointment? I wasn’t allowed to read about him doing a decent job at Barnsley and think “could do a job”? :confused:

I'm delighted we are winning again and I'm well 'over' Lennon. Mark my words, I'll be over the moon if PH turns out to be a good appointment but won't judge the man on 2 good or, for that matter, 2 bad results.

I think you know now that your analogy was crap, best to leave it that!

Viva_Palmeiras
25-02-2019, 08:50 PM
First manager since Yogi to win first 2 matches - Yogi won first 3.

calumhibee1
25-02-2019, 08:52 PM
I'm delighted we are winning again and I'm well 'over' Lennon. Mark my words, I'll be over the moon if PH turns out to be a good appointment but won't judge the man on 2 good or, for that matter, 2 bad results.

I think you know now that your analogy was crap, best to leave it that!

From how he done at Barnsley, our upturn in form since he came in, how he comes across and the reports that the players are really enjoying working under him, I’m glad he’s here. Of course it’s early days, but the signs are promising and I’m glad we have him.

I still don’t see why the analogy is really any different, like I said they come to Scotland from similar backgrounds (obviously different roles) with PH being the more successful at the higher level. Quite why we can get excited over what could be perceived as the ‘lesser’ of the two based on their successes in their current careers but not the other I’m not sure but hey ho.

ahibby
25-02-2019, 08:55 PM
First manager since Yogi to win first 2 matches - Yogi won first 3.

And Yogi wasnt great. Paul H should do okay. Top six this season wouldnt be bad considering. Next season will be a more demanding one we should expect a strong top 3 or 4 challenge not just top 6.

allmodcons
25-02-2019, 09:02 PM
From how he done at Barnsley, our upturn in form since he came in, how he comes across and the reports that the players are really enjoying working under him, I’m glad he’s here. Of course it’s early days, but the signs are promising and I’m glad we have him.

I still don’t see why the analogy is really any different, like I said they come to Scotland from similar backgrounds (obviously different roles) with PH being the more successful at the higher level. Quite why we can get excited over what could be perceived as the ‘lesser’ of the two based on their successes in their current careers but not the other I’m not sure but hey ho.

I think PH has made a good impression but you're badly mistaken if you think you can take a swipe (as you did) at other posters after he's been in charge for 2 games against 2 struggling sides.

I'm fully behind him and willing to give him time to prove himself but to judge him after 2 games is just ridiculous.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-02-2019, 09:04 PM
And Yogi wasnt great. Paul H should do okay. Top six this season wouldnt be bad considering. Next season will be a more demanding one we should expect a strong top 3 or 4 challenge not just top 6.

We tend not to get much of an immediate bounce from new managers. So bucking the trend. Lenny did of course manage in Europe in his first game...
Fingers crossed for the unassuming guy.

calumhibee1
25-02-2019, 09:10 PM
I think PH has made a good impression but you're badly mistaken if you think you can take a swipe (as you did) at other posters after he's been in charge for 2 games against 2 struggling sides.

I'm fully behind him and willing to give him time to prove himself but to judge him after 2 games is just ridiculous.

Plenty posters told us that there was simply no replacing NL. It could be argued that PH has an equally impressive CV as NL - less trophies of course but managing Celtic is a licence to print trophies. PH more successful down south.

The idea that NL was/is utterly irreplaceable was absolute hyperbole.

allmodcons
25-02-2019, 09:18 PM
Plenty posters told us that there was simply no replacing NL. It could be argued that PH has an equally impressive CV as NL - less trophies of course but managing Celtic is a licence to print trophies. PH more successful down south.

Nobody said NL was irreplaceable and you know it. I liked Lennon and thought he'd turn things around. You didn't. Get over it.

PS - Don't worry I'll let you have the last word.

jacomo
25-02-2019, 09:19 PM

Here’s the straw man again. Will you ever stop?

calumhibee1
25-02-2019, 09:25 PM
Here’s the straw man again. Will you ever stop?

You could always ignore my posts, that would work? Although you seem to have a wee bit of an obsession for me so you won’t do that.

Hermit Crab
25-02-2019, 09:35 PM
Good start, positive signs coming from EM. It’s still too early to judge. He gets the summer to build his own team and the the winter window to make adjustments. After that, then we can make a proper judgement.

pacoluna
25-02-2019, 09:36 PM

When we win on Wednesday then knock out celtic on Saturday their won't be any need for " told you so" comments because as far I'm aware apart from the odd poster most are pleased with his appointment and happy with the start he has made equally I very much doubt he will get criticised if we lose after all he's just in the door.

After the first two games and the response he's got however his first realistic objective is top 6.

heretoday
25-02-2019, 09:36 PM
Far too early but he seems very determined.

jacomo
25-02-2019, 10:27 PM
You could always ignore my posts, that would work? Although you seem to have a wee bit of an obsession for me so you won’t do that.

I couldn’t care less about you personally.

But you have contributed to a deterioration to the debate on here, and your continuing need to score points is extremely tiresome.

We need to move on from what has been a fraught few months. Any chance you can get on board with that?

jacomo
25-02-2019, 10:31 PM
When we win on Wednesday then knock out celtic on Saturday their won't be any need for " told you so" comments because as far I'm aware apart from the odd poster most are pleased with his appointment and happy with the start he has made equally I very much doubt he will get criticised if we lose after all he's just in the door.

After the first two games and the response he's got however his first realistic objective is top 6.

I’m very pleased PH has had a good start because, let’s be honest, he wasn’t coming into an ideal situation.

The ‘I told you so’ stuff really needs to stop.

Captain Trips
25-02-2019, 10:52 PM
McNulty and Flo are looking like they might just work add Slivka is playing as we had hoped I think we really can push on here.

calumhibee1
26-02-2019, 06:29 AM
I couldn’t care less about you personally.

But you have contributed to a deterioration to the debate on here, and your continuing need to score points is extremely tiresome.

We need to move on from what has been a fraught few months. Any chance you can get on board with that?

A bit like the non admin folk who have decided they’ll try police the forum so that all the discussion goes the way they want it? Every bit as “tiresome”.

jacomo
26-02-2019, 06:56 AM
A bit like the non admin folk who have decided they’ll try police the forum so that all the discussion goes the way they want it? Every bit as “tiresome”.

Whataboutery alert!

calumhibee1
26-02-2019, 07:11 AM
Whataboutery alert!

I’ll take that as a yes :aok:

calumhibee1
27-02-2019, 08:48 PM
Some guy.

Hibee87
27-02-2019, 10:06 PM
Listening to him on Alba at half time you can't help but feel excited. Talks a very good game and has impressed from what I've heard. Really intreagued to see how he now manages to pan out the season and what areas, and with whom, he improves over the summer. Really starting to get the feel good back after a miserable few months.

The 90+2
27-02-2019, 10:07 PM
We have our man. He wants to be here he has the motivation and a point to prove I’m confident he will take us places.

HibeeHibernian4
27-02-2019, 10:11 PM
Already love him.

Still Smiling
27-02-2019, 10:17 PM
Manager should have pulled of Slivka as soon as he was warned by the ref in the second half that he was on his final warning, he was already on a yellow.

Austinho
27-02-2019, 10:18 PM
3 games, 100% win rate. Put an end to our terrible run of form, and got one over our bogey team away with 10 men. Good start.

The 90+2
27-02-2019, 10:20 PM
Manager should have pulled of Slivka as soon as he was warned by the ref in the second half that he was on his final warning, he was already on a yellow.

He put his trust in one of his most consistent performers. You can’t blame him at all.

Northernhibee
27-02-2019, 10:23 PM
Some people on here said that the last few months of Lennon was very reminscent of the downfall of Mourinho at Man Utd, and oddly I think that we're seeing the Ole effect through Hecky as well. He's tactically astute, speaks well, appears to be breathing a confidence and a freedom to make mistakes born from bravery and attacking intent and we're reaping the rewards of it.

Hopefully the run can last longer and longer.

calumhibee1
27-02-2019, 10:24 PM
3 games, 100% win rate. Put an end to our terrible run of form, and got one over our bogey team away with 10 men. Good start.

And got our forwards absolutely rattling in goals. :agree:

7 in 3 from the strikers since he came in?

Heisenberg
27-02-2019, 10:29 PM

He’s confirmed he was talking about hooking him then a couple of seconds later he received his second yellow. Only Slivka to blame for getting two silly bookings.

tonyrougier123
27-02-2019, 10:32 PM
Good start, positive signs coming from EM. It’s still too early to judge. He gets the summer to build his own team and the the winter window to make adjustments. After that, then we can make a proper judgement.
agree hc 👍

wookie70
27-02-2019, 10:33 PM
He deserves great credit for the start he has made. We had been looking for a starting 11 and shape all year and he found one after a couple of days training. Tonight, how many managers would have kept playing two up top when down to 10 men and drawing away from home. That shows me someone who is positive and out to win games and at the moment that is exactly what he is doing.

B.H.F.C
27-02-2019, 10:40 PM
He put his trust in one of his most consistent performers. You can’t blame him at all.

When Slivka got away with the foul in front of the dugout, everybody around us thought he should have been hooked then. I can’t believe he wasn’t.

Heckingbottom redeemed himself with the decision to keep the two strikers on though because most managers would have just brought on a midfielder and tried to see it out for a point.

HibeeHibernian4
27-02-2019, 11:10 PM
When Slivka got away with the foul in front of the dugout, everybody around us thought he should have been hooked then. I can’t believe he wasn’t.

Heckingbottom redeemed himself with the decision to keep the two strikers on though because most managers would have just brought on a midfielder and tried to see it out for a point.

This is how I see it too. He got himself out a hole and fair play to him, but it was a bad decision not to hop Slivka.

The 90+2
27-02-2019, 11:12 PM

Yeah fair point and again he didn’t **** it and what a win.

Am I right in thinking two yellows means not an automatic ban for next match?

The 90+2
27-02-2019, 11:15 PM
This is how I see it too. He got himself out a hole and fair play to him, but it was a bad decision not to hop Slivka.

He’s taking a risk on a player who if we take a risk on in my opinion will turn out invaluable. He made the wrong call now the buzz is dying down but fair play for having the guts to not only trust Slivka but to keep the shape when a draw was what I was hoping for.

Shout out to the guys on St Johnstone tv. Probably the most impartial commentators in football.

monktonharp
27-02-2019, 11:20 PM
Manager should have pulled of Slivka as soon as he was warned by the ref in the second half that he was on his final warning, he was already on a yellow.Exactly how I feel. the Manager almost blew it, by not sussing out the situation. lost a man, who looked like trying to con the ref, carried out another silly one then eventually got sent off. did like the comments from the manager but he should have subbed Slivka

monktonharp
27-02-2019, 11:23 PM
He’s confirmed he was talking about hooking him then a couple of seconds later he received his second yellow. Only Slivka to blame for getting two silly bookings.diddn't know that.

Hibernian32
28-02-2019, 12:10 AM
Exactly how I feel. the Manager almost blew it, by not sussing out the situation. lost a man, who looked like trying to con the ref, carried out another silly one then eventually got sent off. did like the comments from the manager but he should have subbed Slivka
3pts back on the bus with us, got away with one I'm sure he'll learn from it that's all that matters

monktonharp
28-02-2019, 12:22 AM
agreed

Unseen work
28-02-2019, 01:21 AM
Genuine question and in no way trying to play him down

But is the difference Heckingbottom or McNulty?

Iv seen some of the performances and obviously we do look better and are playing players in better positions although the defence look poor. My point is more is McNulty saving the defence a bit here with his goal scoring record?

Also love how complimentry the players are about Heckingbottom and Stockdale and all seem to love their attention to detail, seem to really buy into the ideas

Hopefully we can really push on especially when players are back from injuries and even further on when he can make his own signings.

Great start to his managerial career and long may it continue.

A win against St Johnstone away is a great result.

Bangkok Hibby
28-02-2019, 07:14 AM
Genuine question and in no way trying to play him down

But is the difference Heckingbottom or McNulty?

Iv seen some of the performances and obviously we do look better and are playing players in better positions although the defence look poor. My point is more is McNulty saving the defence a bit here with his goal scoring record?

Also love how complimentry the players are about Heckingbottom and Stockdale and all seem to love their attention to detail, seem to really buy into the ideas

Hopefully we can really push on especially when players are back from injuries and even further on when he can make his own signings.

Great start to his managerial career and long may it continue.

Bit of both probably but whatever he said to them at half time last night turned them into a different side second half

scooby
28-02-2019, 07:25 AM

Said the same at the time, you could see the second booking coming.

Since452
28-02-2019, 07:28 AM
Nothing but credit for Heckingbottom so far. 9 points out of 9.I can't recall a new Hibs manager doing that before in the top flight.

Diclonius
28-02-2019, 02:23 PM
A comeback from 1-0 down with ten men against a team we haven't beaten in three years is pretty good going. If we play like that until the end of the season he'll have given himself a great platform.

The big test is can we do it against the big teams - Lennon and Stubbs managed it and we have a team who are used to it, hopefully he can keep it going.

Slavers
28-02-2019, 05:11 PM
New song for the Heckmiester!

Hecky hecky bott Botts, hecky hecky bott Botts nah nah nah nah! Repeat!!

Since452
28-02-2019, 05:26 PM
That Yorkshire accent makes you instantly likeable. If we hit a bad run of form, instead of giving him pelters i'll nip down to the dugout, give him a nice cup of tea and make sure he's ok.

JimBHibees
28-02-2019, 05:56 PM

Absolutely especially with ten men.

Lago
28-02-2019, 06:52 PM
I've just taken time to watch the pre St. Johnston interview with Stockdale, the after match & today's interviews with Heckingbottom, in my opinion these guys know their stuff. Cool, calm & collected.

truehibernian
28-02-2019, 07:11 PM
Reminds me of Stubbs - no drama on the touchline, no panic, no bluster - very considered and his calmness during a game transmits to the players.
Pretty sure players like Flo et al appreciate not being called derogatory names throughout the 90 too :cb:agree:

He's been a breath of fresh air.

Diclonius
28-02-2019, 07:19 PM
Reminds me of Stubbs - no drama on the touchline, no panic, no bluster - very considered and his calmness during a game transmits to the players.
Pretty sure players like Flo et al appreciate not being called derogatory names throughout the 90 too :cb:agree:

Fair point - I think we're just not used to a "quiet" manager (guess the first name that comes to mind is Calderwood) but a lot of people forget Stubbs was much the same. Doesn't mean there's any less passion.

truehibernian
28-02-2019, 07:26 PM
Fair point - I think we're just not used to a "quiet" manager (guess the first name that comes to mind is Calderwood) but a lot of people forget Stubbs was much the same. Doesn't mean there's any less passion.

He's not quiet, just happens he conveys his messages in the dressing room and doesn't tirade - that gets respect amongst peers. Watched him closely and he actually coaches from the sidelines rather than tirades. Means players absorb more. I've been very impressed, especially with attention to detail in training.

In the long run that reaps rewards.

Hibee Mac
28-02-2019, 07:50 PM
He's not quiet, just happens he conveys his messages in the dressing room and doesn't tirade - that gets respect amongst peers. Watched him closely and he actually coaches from the sidelines rather than tirades. Means players absorb more. I've been very impressed, especially with attention to detail in training.

Really like to see this. I think it's a far more effective and sustainable way to manage a team of players, particularly in this day and age.

Diclonius
28-02-2019, 08:46 PM

I realise that, hence "quiet" in quotation marks. :wink:

GibbytheHibby2
28-02-2019, 10:02 PM

Mowbray too.

Northernhibee
01-03-2019, 06:38 AM
Nerdy suggesting a wrestling theme for a song but the chorus on this would fit: https://youtu.be/YHMo8PkTCxM

Paul Heckingbottom
We’ve Got Heckingbottom
We’ve got Heckingbottom yeah
And Robbie Stockdale

heretoday
01-03-2019, 09:12 AM
I'd sooner have a quiet manager than one who does aeroplane impressions up and down the touchline.

King Dominique
01-03-2019, 09:22 AM
Impressed so far - Decision to not take Slivka of could have been costly but he got away with it. Other than that I am loving his press from the front style of football and his calm but confident demeanour is reverberating throughout the squad evidenced on the back of two solid away wins and a very strong showing in every game since his implementation. Looking like a very good appointment.

1van Sprou7e
01-03-2019, 09:24 AM

One criticism I had of Stubbs was that he seemed a bit emotionless after poor performances. Lennon was a lot harsher on the players and that seemed to work, for a while at least

Will be interesting to see heckingbottom's reaction after his first poor result

Swedish hibee
01-03-2019, 09:37 AM
One criticism I had of Stubbs was that he seemed a bit emotionless after poor performances. Lennon was a lot harsher on the players and that seemed to work, for a while at least

Will be interesting to see heckingbottom's reaction after his first poor result

How do you know what any manager is like in the dressing room? Poch from Spurs comes across like mellow man- but after last week's performance with the ref, I wouldn't like to see him after a defeat with the players!

calumhibee1
16-03-2019, 05:06 PM
13/15 in the league. Would never have thought we’d be pretty much confirmed top 6 with 3 games to go before he came in. :agree:

Very good stuff today.