PDA

View Full Version : Eckiethump

Baker9
25-02-2019, 12:27 PM
Since the new manager was announced I can't help thinking about the Goodies Northern sketch from many years ago. Would it be offensive to use Eckiethump instead of Heckingbottom when referring to the manager? Would it be easier to create a song around?

hibbyfraelibby
25-02-2019, 12:27 PM
What the Heck?!

Alan62
25-02-2019, 12:33 PM
Yes, it would be offensive.

Move along.

green with envy
25-02-2019, 12:35 PM
since the new manager was announced i can't help thinking about the goodies northern sketch from many years ago. Would it be offensive to use eckiethump instead of heckingbottom when referring to the manager? Would it be easier to create a song around?

idiot!

horseflesh
25-02-2019, 12:48 PM
Since the new manager was announced I can't help thinking about the Goodies Northern sketch from many years ago. Would it be offensive to use Eckiethump instead of Heckingbottom when referring to the manager? Would it be easier to create a song around?
Fool

hibsfan7
25-02-2019, 12:57 PM
Eckythump is a Lancastrian martial art. Might not be appreciated on the other side of the great northern divide

CRAZYHIBBY
25-02-2019, 01:01 PM

Pmsl ... you caught a few with that one:na na:

Peevemor
25-02-2019, 01:05 PM
Pmsl ... you caught a few with that one:na na:

I had the same thought, especially since he's from Yorkshire.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-02-2019, 01:13 PM
Close enough?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5roz5-wdjBg

Perd Hapley
25-02-2019, 01:35 PM
Close enough?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5roz5-wdjBg

My first thought too, not sure if it's ideal material for a chant. Could be a banger if someone could figure it out though.

OP went over my head - I'm guessing I'm too young

Keith_M
25-02-2019, 01:45 PM

That's funny, because I thought exactly the same

:greengrin

Keith_M
25-02-2019, 01:46 PM
Yes, it would be offensive.

Move along.

idiot!

Fool

:faf:

HoboHarry
25-02-2019, 01:53 PM
Looks like I'm the only one who doesn't get any of this. Do you have to have spent time in Yorkshire to understand the joke?

Baker9
25-02-2019, 01:55 PM
Eckythump is a Lancastrian martial art. Might not be appreciated on the other side of the great northern divide

I'd forgotten it was a Lancastrian martial art - brilliant. He is perhaps not old enough to know that so we could just keep it quiet. I hope he is bringing a bit of Yorkshire Eckythump with him.

Peevemor
25-02-2019, 01:55 PM
Looks like I'm the only one who doesn't get any of this. Do you have to have spent time in Yorkshire to understand the joke?

You probably have to be at least in your mid 40s.

HoboHarry
25-02-2019, 01:56 PM
I'm in my mid fifties. Looks like I must have been sleeping and missed a class in my earlier life.....

Baker9
25-02-2019, 02:02 PM

If you are in your seventies you are likely to remember, in your sixties you will probably remember. Younger than that, you may have caught the repeats. Mid-forties, probably no chance.

Keith_M
25-02-2019, 02:06 PM
https://irresponsibletraveller.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/tumblr_ljcwklvflp1qexscuo1_500.jpg?w=500

p.s. Don't worry, those are Black Puddings :wink:

hibsfan7
25-02-2019, 02:07 PM
I'd forgotten it was a Lancastrian martial art - brilliant. He is perhaps not old enough to know that so we could just keep it quiet. I hope he is bringing a bit of Yorkshire Eckythump with him.

They'll have their own version of it no doubt. Just change the black pudding to a Yorkshire one...

Peevemor
25-02-2019, 02:39 PM
If you are in your seventies you are likely to remember, in your sixties you will probably remember. Younger than that, you may have caught the repeats. Mid-forties, probably no chance.

I checked and the TV show finished in 1982 - 37 years ago.

Lago
25-02-2019, 02:43 PM
The fact that yóur asking the question ??????

NZ Green
25-02-2019, 02:53 PM
Sounds like a sub-genre of Drum and Bass

proud_and_green
25-02-2019, 03:44 PM
Eckythump is a Lancastrian martial art. Might not be appreciated on the other side of the great northern divideI was going to post that myself. A greater divide than between Edinburgh and Glasgow and being part Lancastrian and East Lancashire at that I would be very concerned at letting a Yorkshire man into the secrets. And in any case as the saying goes
'if tha were born i' Yorkshire, Lancashire fowk are enemy. If tha were born in Lancashire, Yorkshire fowk are enemy. If tha were born onyweer else, it's noaan, o' tha business. So theer! '

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
25-02-2019, 03:56 PM
Came up trumps
Heckythump
Took a cab all the way up to Leith and down Easter Road

Barnsley man
With a plan
Of how to play and defeat Levein's Jambos

Front to back
All attack
Darryl Horgan, Stevie Mallan, Oli Shaw and Super Flo

Every day
Gonna pay
If you get the wrong side of Big Daz or Sir David Gray

(then the riff)

Baker9
25-02-2019, 04:17 PM
I checked and the TV show finished in 1982 - 37 years ago.

37 years? Eckythump!! :greengrin

Baker9
25-02-2019, 04:24 PM
Came up trumps
Heckythump

Barnsley man
With a plan

Front to back
All attack

Every day
Gonna pay

(then the riff)

The first two lines and the use of the H for Heckyhump and were are on our way. Anybody know where to get plastic black puddings?

Baker9
25-02-2019, 04:26 PM
https://irresponsibletraveller.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/tumblr_ljcwklvflp1qexscuo1_500.jpg?w=500

p.s. Don't worry, those are Black Puddings :wink:

That's the spirit Keekaboo.

hibsfan7
25-02-2019, 04:57 PM
I seem to remember a song that went with this. Must have been on TOTP in the day. Watch out to anyone searching for it. Could disturb. I wouldn't want to see it again...

BroxburnHibee
25-02-2019, 05:08 PM
I seem to remember a song that went with this. Must have been on TOTP in the day. Watch out to anyone searching for it. Could disturb. I wouldn't want to see it again...

They made the charts with a song called the Funky Gibbon.

https://youtu.be/pXq8rELhUkw

I know I'm showing my age.

Thief
25-02-2019, 05:18 PM

Black Pudding Bertha, I believe.
I wouldn’t want to see it again either lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LancsHibs
25-02-2019, 05:25 PM

Eybygum I’ll eckythump you ya cheeky noggin!

Here’s Lucy!
25-02-2019, 05:34 PM
Should Hibs be known as The Goodies?

Viva_Palmeiras
25-02-2019, 05:44 PM
Came up trumps
Heckythump

Barnsley man
With a plan

Front to back
All attack

Every day
Gonna pay

(then the riff)

https://youtu.be/QJxzDYJ4C3Y

Keith_M
25-02-2019, 05:52 PM
https://g.co/kgs/i9oEQ4

Perd Hapley
25-02-2019, 05:59 PM
Came up trumps
Heckythump

Barnsley man
With a plan

Front to back
All attack

Every day
Gonna pay

(then the riff)

Get Section 43 to remember all that and you could be into something

25-02-2019, 06:01 PM
The "journalists" that get their Hibs articles from here and Twitter will have taken note and if we lose by 3 or more under Heckingbottom will be using the headline "Hecky Thumped".

hibbyfraelibby
25-02-2019, 06:36 PM
Came up trumps
Heckythump

Barnsley man
With a plan

Front to back
All attack

Every day