PDA

View Full Version : Puel sacked.

mim
24-02-2019, 10:47 AM
Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers is the early favourite to succeed Puel with Michael Appleton next in the betting at 5-2.

Keyser Sauzee
24-02-2019, 10:51 AM
Think Rodgers would go if Leicester came calling.

04Sauzee
24-02-2019, 10:52 AM
Shocking unsettling Celtic with a title run in to concentrate on

Diclonius
24-02-2019, 10:56 AM
Well, Neil Lennon is free.

HH81
24-02-2019, 11:00 AM
Shame really. They were never going to hit the highs after winning the league but going down hill badly.

04Sauzee
24-02-2019, 11:00 AM
Boy on kickback thinks there may be some unfinished business for Levein at Leicester 😂😂

SouthMoroccoStu
24-02-2019, 11:07 AM
Lennon Levein dream team....

greenginger
24-02-2019, 11:09 AM

Maybe Appleton was hoping for the call.

mim
24-02-2019, 11:21 AM

I wondered about that!!! :agree:

Billy Whizz
24-02-2019, 11:31 AM

He’s still on their payroll

Wilson
24-02-2019, 12:08 PM

Just show me the severance package.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-02-2019, 12:20 PM

And has taken advantage of a recent managerial position to put himself back onto the back pages and into the mix.

cabbageandribs1875
24-02-2019, 12:27 PM
Boy on kickback thinks there may be some unfinished business for Levein at Leicester 😂😂

do they still have the same secretary he was humping ? his *wife might not like that idea

*assuming he still has the same wife

Hibiza
24-02-2019, 12:28 PM
Leicester done my coupon in for a tidy 5 timer. just get that off my chest . :flag:

Tarrahib
24-02-2019, 01:12 PM
Aye, wet dream.

Famous Fiver
24-02-2019, 01:25 PM
The only thing Levein could do at Leicester is look after the lavvies because he has previous well documented toilet experience.

Tarrahib
24-02-2019, 02:11 PM
Aye, wet dream.
Another dream team Lennon and Appleton??

anon1875
24-02-2019, 02:12 PM
Just show me the severance package.

A Scott Severance package

Crab apple
24-02-2019, 02:26 PM
do they still have the same secretary he was humping ? his *wife might not like that idea

*assuming he still has the same wife

It appears to be well known he was at it with a married PR girl from All Sports when he was down there. Maybe others. He's a classy man is our Craig.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/7272-levein-back-with-his-family/

Tarrahib
24-02-2019, 02:39 PM
It appears to be well known he was at it with a married PR girl from All Sports when he was down there. Maybe others. He's a classy man is our Craig.

Let's just say kettle pot black!!

Sheep_Nae_Mair
24-02-2019, 02:47 PM
"Other names mentioned" (according to BBC website) include ex-Leicester player Neil Lennon.

Crab apple
24-02-2019, 02:49 PM
Let's just say kettle pot black!!

:confused:

Famous Fiver
24-02-2019, 03:03 PM
Rogers to Leicester, Lennon to Celtic?

mim
24-02-2019, 03:31 PM
Skybet odds:

4/6 Brendan Rodgers
11/2 David Wagner
6/1 Neil Lennon
7/1 Michael Appleton
9/1 Nigel Pearson
12/1 Rafa Benitez

Joe6-2
24-02-2019, 03:32 PM

They wouldn't touch Levain again!

Joe6-2
24-02-2019, 03:34 PM

Yeah, continuing on his winning trophies streak, oh no wait a minute......

Billy Whizz
24-02-2019, 03:38 PM
Skybet odds:

4/6 Brendan Rodgers
11/2 David Wagner
6/1 Neil Lennon
7/1 Michael Appleton
9/1 Nigel Pearson
12/1 Rafa Benitez

I’d be really surprised if BR takes this job, unless he’s completely fallen out with Celtic Board

Hibbyradge
24-02-2019, 03:42 PM
I think Appleton will have been tipped off a couple of weeks ago.

Can I post the "It's Appleton" thread?

ekhibee
24-02-2019, 03:46 PM
I could definitely see Benitez odds shortening when Rodgers knocks it back. Even though he played for them, I'd be surprised if Lennon got it, no premiership experience, didn't do much at Bolton even though they're a financial nightmare. They might for another foreign manager.

Lago
24-02-2019, 03:46 PM
Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers is the early favourite to succeed Puel with Michael Appleton next in the betting at 5-2.
Benetez also down as a favourite.

Mibbes Aye
24-02-2019, 04:12 PM
Think Rodgers would go if Leicester came calling.

I’d be really surprised if BR takes this job, unless he’s completely fallen out with Celtic Board

Paul Doyle, the chief football writer for the Guardian and thus not really in the Scottish media sphere wrote that Leicester identified Rodgers as their first-choice several months ago in their succession planning and would likely move for him just now, but would possibly wait until the summer, given that Rodgers is on for a treble treble and may want to see it out.

Benitez is out of contract in the summer but I'm not sure he would leave Newcastle for Leicester. I guess a lot depends on the ownership saga and whether Newcastle avoid relegation.

Michael
24-02-2019, 04:57 PM
:confused:

Guessing he's referring to Stubbs

jacomo
24-02-2019, 06:16 PM
Paul Doyle, the chief football writer for the Guardian and thus not really in the Scottish media sphere wrote that Leicester identified Rodgers as their first-choice several months ago in their succession planning and would likely move for him just now, but would possibly wait until the summer, given that Rodgers is on for a treble treble and may want to see it out.

Benitez is out of contract in the summer but I'm not sure he would leave Newcastle for Leicester. I guess a lot depends on the ownership saga and whether Newcastle avoid relegation.

I think Rodgers would take it now but definitely in the summer. Ditto Benitez.

The 90+2
24-02-2019, 06:28 PM
Saint Brendan away to them.

Crab apple
24-02-2019, 06:41 PM
Guessing he's referring to Stubbs

Cheers Michael.

Hibernia&Alba
24-02-2019, 06:46 PM

Bad move, if he does, IMHO. He should stay at Celtc and try to win the ten-in-a-row, so becoming a legend there. Leicester produced a miracle a couple of years ago by winning the league, but they can't be expected to achieve that again.

Dashing Bob S
24-02-2019, 06:48 PM

He meant ‘unstarted’.

Hibernia&Alba
24-02-2019, 06:49 PM
He meant ‘unstarted’.

:top marks

Dashing Bob S
24-02-2019, 06:57 PM
Bad move, if he does, IMHO. He should stay at Celtc and try to win the ten-in-a-row, so becoming a legend there. Leicester produced a miracle a couple of years ago by winning the league, but they can't be expected to achieve that again.

Agreed that Leicester are back to the Stoke role and have another couple of seasons European money juice until they are back in the relegation mix. For Rodgers it would be about trying to a get a couple of seasons over performing before before he got a sniff at something else. But his trajectory as a manager is heading inexorably south.

I think staying and winning 10 in row would cement him as a Celtic legend and the board there seem happy with that and don’t seem to be coughing up the cash that would allow him to make a dent in Europe and thus put him on the radar of big jobs.

Everybody outside of Celtic (and to be fair most of those professional celebrators get this in their unguarded moments) know that 10 in a row with Celtic in Scottish football is something that most people on this forum could achieve if they didn’t get bored ****less wasting a decade of their lives.

Hibeesmad
24-02-2019, 07:26 PM

Was he at the game yesterday?

The 90+2
24-02-2019, 07:28 PM
Was he at the game yesterday?

Pardon me?

Hibeesmad
24-02-2019, 07:29 PM
Pardon me?

Was Brendan at the Leicester game yesterday?

jacomo
24-02-2019, 08:18 PM
Agreed that Leicester are back to the Stoke role and have another couple of seasons European money juice until they are back in the relegation mix. For Rodgers it would be about trying to a get a couple of seasons over performing before before he got a sniff at something else. But his trajectory as a manager is heading inexorably south.

I think staying and winning 10 in row would cement him as a Celtic legend and the board there seem happy with that and don’t seem to be coughing up the cash that would allow him to make a dent in Europe and thus put him on the radar of big jobs.

Everybody outside of Celtic (and to be fair most of those professional celebrators get this in their unguarded moments) know that 10 in a row with Celtic in Scottish football is something that most people on this forum could achieve if they didn’t get bored ****less wasting a decade of their lives.

Rodgers won’t last at Celtc long enough to see 10 in a row. His self-regarding ways will wear thin even with those self-regarding fans before long.

ian cruise
24-02-2019, 10:40 PM

I wonder if it wasn't his severance pay but possibly that he asked for a no fee/minimal fee release clause if Leicester or similar offered him a role he was interested in and we weren't interested in taking that sort of risk with our managerial continuity. Last thing we'd want after all that drama is our boss leaving for Leicester after less than half a season (if the assumption at the time was offers would come in the summer).

ScottB
24-02-2019, 10:45 PM

Does anyone outside of Scotland, maybe even the green half of Glasgow, care about that?

I imagine he’d be more motivated by trying to get back to the top end of the Premier League, Leicester are a better platform for that than Celtic are I’d think.

marleyhib
25-02-2019, 06:34 AM
Leicester have a decent squad and plenty of cash, would be a good gig for Rodgers. Papers today saying they’ve offered Celtic 6M. Can’t see Lennon or Appleton getting a sniff.

JimBHibees
25-02-2019, 06:41 AM

If so would assume as an assistant to someone else.

Michael
25-02-2019, 06:43 AM
When was the last time a Celtic manager moved direct to another club?

FilipinoHibs
25-02-2019, 07:31 AM

NL as temporary manager till Rodgers in the Summer. NL then moves back to Celtic.

Diclonius
25-02-2019, 07:34 AM
No manager for the game against us then?

Hibernia&Alba
25-02-2019, 01:04 PM
Does anyone outside of Scotland, maybe even the green half of Glasgow, care about that?

I imagine he’d be more motivated by trying to get back to the top end of the Premier League, Leicester are a better platform for that than Celtic are I’d think.

I think it is news outside of Glasgow. Plus, I would argue, he's at a far bigger club. Despite it representing a move to the EPL, I think it's a big step down to Leicester.

Famous Fiver
25-02-2019, 07:10 PM
In my opinion, financially it ain't.

He'll command a far bigger salary at Leicester than the Celtic 'biscuit tin' could ever manage and he'll spend more on reserves than Celtic have spent on any of their present squad.

Celtic get bigger crowds than Leicester but the money in that nowhere near matches the finances available at Leicester.

Eyrie
25-02-2019, 08:42 PM
It makes sense for Rodgers to move on in the summer, especially if he manages the treble treble because if he stays on to complete the ten in a row then it will simply underline how easy the Celtc job is.

As regards the Leicester job, why not? He's not going to get Chelsea (if Sarri goes) or Man Utd so a club like Leicester is his best bet. Do well there and he could make the move up again.

jacomo
25-02-2019, 10:35 PM
I think it is news outside of Glasgow. Plus, I would argue, he's at a far bigger club. Despite it representing a move to the EPL, I think it's a big step down to Leicester.

Rodgers is reputedly very fond of money and he’ll get paid more at Leicester.

cabbageandribs1875
25-02-2019, 10:36 PM

ta for that link, i was only half right and half wrong, so poor kerry did at least end up being a secretary

cabbageandribs1875
25-02-2019, 10:38 PM
i know one can never have enough money and all that but would rodgers not prefer a club where he gains success :dunno: he's going to win heehaw at leicester shirly

HoboHarry
25-02-2019, 11:52 PM
i know one can never have enough money and all that but would rodgers not prefer a club where he gains success :dunno: he's going to win heehaw at leicester shirly
Perhaps but he'll be visiting places like Anfield and Old Trafford instead of Dens Park and the Pink Bus Shelter....

FilipinoHibs
26-02-2019, 12:20 AM
Perhaps but he'll be visiting places like Anfield and Old Trafford instead of Dens Park and the Pink Bus Shelter....

According to the Herald Leicester want him now. Each place in the league worth 2.7 million so willing to compensate. Very unsettling for the poor little souls.

Tynie01011973
26-02-2019, 07:49 AM
Celtic have given permission for Brendan Rodgers to speak with Leicester now