PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings v Dundee

Unseen work
22-02-2019, 09:21 PM
Marciano - 8 - Done well throughout with one outstanding save at an important time of the match. Kicking could be better.

Gray - 6 - Not his best today and seemed to get caught/out of position quite a bit. Never seemed fully fit and the one time he got forward he chose the wrong option instead of laying it on a player for McNulty.

McGregor - 7 - Relatively solid McGregor like performance.

Hanlon - 6 - He seems very slow and weak for me at the moment with poor distribution

Stevenson - 7 - solid

Milligan - 6 - Not as involved as recent weeks and seemed to be far too deep at Times and invited pressure. Some good interceptions

Slivka - 6 - again not as involved as recent weeks and very deep.

Mallan - 7 - In and out the game however he has pure quality when in the right position. Should have done better with his chance in the first half. Brilliant strikes for his and McNulty’s goals.

Horgan - 8 - Coming on to a game just before he went off and decision making is looking a lot better, great assist.

McNulty - 9 - 2 goals and an assist. Works hard and great partnership with Flo.

Kamberi - 9 - Took his goal really well and looks like the Flo we all love. Should have released the ball for Shaw in last 5.

Overall

A good team performance overall and one we probably wouldn’t have won in the past. Some of the individual ratings may seem harsh but as a unit we were better.

Defensively I thought we still seemed quite slow and easy to get through, Wright who played well was causing us a lot of problems however we showed good experience to see the game out even if a bit lucky.

Midfield was better than recent however I felt like Slivka and Milligan were almost right on top of the centre half’s and invited pressure on. Seemed easy for them to pass it round us. Horgan and Mallan were in and out the game however were the difference as they offer real quality.

Strikers are forming a great partnership and always look to find one another. Both scoring today and setting each other up on a couple of occasions is promising.

You can tell the difference in our style with the new manager who I’m sure will be happy with the performance and win but still see a lot to improve on. Appears he wants Milligan and Slivka to sit a bit more and offer some security. Much better attacking displays since he’s came in.

Dundee really impressed me and were far better than I expected, got some good players at their disposal.

SRHibs
22-02-2019, 09:22 PM
Agree with most. I thought Slivka was constantly on the ball though. Got such an eye for a pass.

The Harp Awakes
22-02-2019, 09:37 PM
Marciano - 8 - Done well throughout with one outstanding save at an important time of the match. Kicking could be better.

Gray - 6 - Not his best today and seemed to get caught/out of position quite a bit. Never seemed fully fit and the one time he got forward he chose the wrong option instead of laying it on a player for McNulty.

Hanlon - 6 - He seems very slow and weak for me at the moment with poor distribution

Stevenson - 7 - solid

Milligan - 6 - Not as involved as recent weeks and seemed to be far too deep at Times and invited pressure. Some good interceptions

Mallan - 7 - In and out the game however he has pure quality when in the right position. Should have done better with his chance in the first half. Brilliant strikes for his and McNulty’s goals.

Horgan - 8 - Coming on to a game just before he went off and decision making is looking a lot better, great assist.

Kamberi - 9 - Took his goal really well and looks like the Flo we all love. Should have released the ball for Shaw in last 5.

Overall

A good team performance overall and one we probably wouldn’t have won in the past. Some of the individual ratings may seem harsh but as a unit we were better.

Defensively I thought we still seemed quite slow and easy to get through, Wright who played well was causing us a lot of problems however we showed good experience to see the game out even if a bit lucky.

Midfield was better than recent however I felt like Slivka and Milligan were almost right on top of the centre half’s and invited pressure on. Seemed easy for them to pass it round us. Horgan and Mallan were in and out the game however were the difference as they offer real quality.

Strikers are forming a great partnership and always look to find one another. Both scoring today and setting each other up on a couple of occasions is promising.

You can tell the difference in our style with the new manager who I’m sure will be happy with the performance and win but still see a lot to improve on. Appears he wants Milligan and Slivka to sit a bit more and offer some security. Much better attacking displays since he’s came in.

Dundee really impressed me and were far better than I expected, got some good players at their disposal.

Mostly agree. Thought Gray was less than a 6 and Milligan more than a 6.

CLASS OF 72 -73
22-02-2019, 09:40 PM
Agree with all but Mallan. I know he scored a great goal and that's what the game is about but for me offers little else than a final strike.

sean04
22-02-2019, 09:41 PM
Totally disagree with slivka rating, thought he was great on the ball and got thru a power of work. Becoming a big player for us

AugustaHibs
22-02-2019, 09:43 PM
Agree with all but Mallan. I know he scored a great goal and that's what the game is about but for me offers little else than a final strike.

Offers little else than a goal and an assist? Genuinely don’t know what else you want from him tonight.

cabbage_88
22-02-2019, 09:44 PM
Marciano - 8
Gray - 5
Daz - 6
Hanlon - 4
Lewis - 7
Slivka - 8
Milligan - 7
Mallan - 7
Horgan - 7
McNulty - 9
Flo - 7

HappyAsHellas
22-02-2019, 09:46 PM
No marks for Omeonga? Thought he done very well when he came on, and given a run could be a real find.

Unseen work
22-02-2019, 09:46 PM
Totally disagree with slivka rating, thought he was great on the ball and got thru a power of work. Becoming a big player for us

Personally felt he wasn’t on the ball much at all, and when he was it was more in the position you would expect the right back.

Think the new role Heck is making him play limits him a bit as I think he’s best running forward and at folk. Done the job well enough tonight and was more of s team performance from him.

Think Heck see’s the team split in 2, defence and attack. Milligan and Slivka to sit in whilst the rest go and win the game for us.

cabbage_88
22-02-2019, 09:48 PM

Completely agree with this, first half especially he was superb on the ball and didn't put a foot wrong

The Spaceman
22-02-2019, 09:51 PM

:agree: a technically excellent footballer who has the intelligence to calm the game down when needed.

Lancs Harp
22-02-2019, 09:51 PM
We were decent tonight, thought we were a bit wobbly at the back at times but looked dangerous going forward. Some players obviously had better games than others but wouldn't have said anyone was stonking nor was anyone that outstanding. I woudn't have given anyone lower than 6 or higher than 8. Just a decent all round performance.

supermcginn
22-02-2019, 09:59 PM

Stevenson - 7 - solid

Overall

A 6 for hanlon is generous in the extreme.

makaveli1875
22-02-2019, 10:03 PM
Rocky - 9

Gray - 6
Mcgregor - 7
Hanlon - 6
Stevenson - 6

Slivka - 9 (motm)
Milligan - 7
Mallan - 7
Horgan - 8

Kamberi - 8
Mcnulty - 9

Forza Fred
22-02-2019, 10:05 PM
We were decent tonight, thought we were a bit wobbly at the back at times but looked dangerous going forward. Some players obviously had better games than others but wouldn't have said anyone was stonking nor was anyone that outstanding. I woudn't have given anyone lower than 6 or higher than 8. Just a decent all round performance.

Can you please refrain from posting sensible and measured stuff.

don't you know this place thrives on extreme views.....

Oh, and by the way, if I agree with you ...you must be wrong!

beensaidbefore
22-02-2019, 10:08 PM
Agree with most. I thought Slivka was constantly on the ball though. Got such an eye for a pass.

I thought he had a good game. Always looking for the short pass from defence, simple looking stuff but let the others play a bit more.

Forza Fred
22-02-2019, 10:09 PM
No marks for Omeonga? Thought he done very well when he came on, and given a run could be a real find.

Needs longer on the park to show what he can do I think.

Early days, but just a bit worried the pace and physicality of the Scottish game may not be best suited to him, on the fleeting glances so far.

Unseen work
22-02-2019, 10:15 PM
A 6 for hanlon is generous in the extreme.

I agree however never wanted to be too harsh considering we won.

For me he is miles off it at the moment, he’s not sniffing out danger, he’s getting dragged about, weak, slow and distribution has been very poor and in areas where better teams would exploit us.

beensaidbefore
22-02-2019, 10:16 PM
Personally felt he wasn’t on the ball much at all, and when he was it was more in the position you would expect the right back.

Think the new role Heck is making him play limits him a bit as I think he’s best running forward and at folk. Done the job well enough tonight and was more of s team performance from him.

Think Heck see’s the team split in 2, defence and attack. Milligan and Slivka to sit in whilst the rest go and win the game for us.

Disagree with the first 2 paragraphs, but agree with the third. I think slivka is the one who is gonna be the link. Milligan has the defensive qualities, but slivka was looking to come deep, play short passes, nice 1 2s, and I thought he carried the ball well. With him doing that and Milligan focusing more on defense, I couod see it working.

beensaidbefore
22-02-2019, 10:17 PM
Rocky - 9

Gray - 6
Mcgregor - 7
Hanlon - 6
Stevenson - 6

Slivka - 9 (motm)
Milligan - 7
Mallan - 7
Horgan - 8

Kamberi - 8
Mcnulty - 9

👍

bookert
22-02-2019, 10:17 PM

For me he is miles off it at the moment, he’s not sniffing out danger, he’s getting dragged about, weak, slow and distribution has been very poor and in areas where better teams would exploit us.
I am a massive fan of hanlon, but he looks as if he has lost pace and confidence. I really hope we can play him through this.

crash
22-02-2019, 10:22 PM
Marciano 6
Gray 4
McGregor 6
Hanlon 2
Stevenson 3
Milligan 4
Slivka 5
Horgan 6
Mallan 7
M ****y 8
Kamberi 7

HappyAsHellas
22-02-2019, 10:26 PM
With Porteous out Hanlon is in for the rest of the season. I agree he's been a bit rusty since returning from injury but in the last ten minutes tonight he won a few headers and came storming out to make a good tackle about 30 yards out like he used to always do. Winning brings confidence and I'm sure he'll be back to his best pretty soon.

3pm
22-02-2019, 10:28 PM
Marciano 6
Gray 4
McGregor 6
Hanlon 2
Stevenson 3
Milligan 4
Slivka 5
Horgan 6
Mallan 7
M ****y 8
Kamberi 7

Pished.

roo62
22-02-2019, 10:31 PM
Pished.

No just a jambo trying to be smart

overdrive
22-02-2019, 10:34 PM
Marciano - 8

Gray - 5
McGregor - 5
Hanlon - 5
Stevenson - 7

Mallan - 8
Slivka - 7
Milligan - 7
Horgan - 8

Kamberi - 9
McNulty - 9

Omeonga - 7
Shaw - 6

Wee Effen Bee
22-02-2019, 10:35 PM
Pished.

Pished or a poor excuse for a troll? 🤔

roo62
22-02-2019, 10:37 PM
Marciano - 8

Gray - 5
McGregor - 5
Hanlon - 5
Stevenson - 7

Mallan - 8
Slivka - 7
Milligan - 7
Horgan - 8

Kamberi - 9
McNulty - 9

Omeonga - 7
Shaw - 6 pretty much agree but a bit harsh on Darren thought he had a decent game

overdrive
22-02-2019, 10:41 PM
pretty much agree but a bit harsh on Darren thought he had a decent game

I knocked him down a point for a play in the first half where he went for the ball and Dundee got the loose ball but if he had just left it, it was going out.

KWJ
22-02-2019, 11:50 PM
Most of the team played well, got a bit fortunate with decisions and Rocky made another phenomenal save v Dundee.

Negative for me would be Hanlon. He's been poor this season which is such a shame after getting into the Scotland squad last year.

KWJ
22-02-2019, 11:53 PM

Had missed these before commenting. On his day he is our best centre half but he's going to need to find it or Heck may want rid.

Unseen work
22-02-2019, 11:59 PM
Do we reckon Darnel Simpson will come in?

I can’t imagine it after 2 wins on the bounce and having a settled team, but if he continues to play poor then he might be called upon. He would also add some much needed pace to our defence.

HappyAsHellas
23-02-2019, 12:06 AM
Is he related to Darnell Johnson?

CMurdoch
23-02-2019, 12:06 AM

I can’t imagine it after 2 wins on the bounce and having a settled team, but if he continues to play poor then he might be called upon. He would also add some much needed pace to our defence.

When did we sign him and who is he? :wink:

Sir David Gray
23-02-2019, 12:07 AM

Not sure but I reckon Darnell Johnson may have a chance! :greengrin

Unseen work
23-02-2019, 12:14 AM
Haha wow! Clearly had too much drink and not enough sleep!

JOHNSON:greengrin

Vault Boy
23-02-2019, 12:51 AM
With Porteous out Hanlon is in for the rest of the season. I agree he's been a bit rusty since returning from injury but in the last ten minutes tonight he won a few headers and came storming out to make a good tackle about 30 yards out like he used to always do. Winning brings confidence and I'm sure he'll be back to his best pretty soon.

Agreed. Hanlon has been one of our best players for years and I'm sure he'll find his best form once again.

CMurdoch
23-02-2019, 12:57 AM
Marciano - 8 - No chance with the goals and his save at 2-1 was World Class.

Gray - 5 - Missed tackles and generally not on it tonight. Worst contribution was trying a shot from a ridiculous angle in the 1st half when there was an easy cut back to McNulty for an almost certain goal.

McGregor - 7 - Strongman performance with head and feet.

Hanlon - 6 - Hope PH can get PH confident again and back to his best. Defensive error for their first goal when he was ball watching and didn't react to McGowan running into the box leaving Stevenson stuck between 2 players

Stevenson - 7 - The usual. Great pass to Mallan for the 3rd goal.

Milligan - 7 - Read the game well. Not on the ball as much as usual but played well defensively. I could have done without the early penalty scare.

Slivka - 7 - Clever player and great passer. Essential part of team.

Mallan - 7 - Made a great curved offside beating run in the 1st half but weakly shot instead of centring the ball for McNulty for a certain goal. Had a poor 1st half but was the game changer in the 2nd half with his shooting. His 1st touch for his goal was sublime and this enabled him to get the killer shot off. Cleverly found a pocket of space for the 3rd goal.

Horgan - 8 - Played with great energy and skill. Quick thinking and perfect cross for the 2nd goal

McNulty - 9 - 2 goals and could have easily had another two if Grey & Mallan had passed to him in the box in the 1st half. Played really well with Flo and set up his goal. Hope he isn't suspended for his petulant kick out at McGowan as he is really looking the part now. Fox in the box.

Kamberi - 8 - Worked hard and linked well with McNulty. Glad to see we have stopped battering balls at his head. Much better with the ball in front of him. Great 1st goal. Quick thinking for the 2nd. Only negative tonight, should have squared the ball to Shaw for an almost certain goal near the end.

A very good team performance after 12 very quiet minutes. Menacing middle to front with McNulty and Flo looking the business. Wish we hadn't taken the foot of the accelerator after the 4th goal as it seemed to destabilise us. Poor decision making by Hibs players who decided to shoot rather than squaring or pulling the ball back cost us at least a couple of goals. McNulty is very good at finding space in the box and his team mates need to be looking for him when they are in advanced wide positions.

The match was a good watch and Dundee looked a better team than either Hamilton or St Mirren. 2 very good goals and Miller very marginally offside for another.

The Hibs players seem to be back in the groove and a really good night for Hibs saw Part 2 of the treble completed with the most important on Wednesday night.
St Johnstone are still the favourites for 6th place but a win for Hibs on Wednesday would tip the balance.
Can't wait!

GGTTH.

southern hibby
23-02-2019, 04:22 AM

Not seen the highlights on TV but I thought Mallan won the ball in our half to set up the first goal for us.

may be wrong but now I’ll need to watch highlights/ game to find out.

GGTTH

CLASS OF 72 -73
23-02-2019, 04:42 AM
Offers little else than a goal and an assist? Genuinely don’t know what else you want from him tonight.

I think if you analyse his whole contribution he is a luxury. He will be some player if he can improve the rest of his game.

bigwheel
23-02-2019, 05:56 AM
I think if you analyse his whole contribution he is a luxury. He will be some player if he can improve the rest of his game.

Sometimes that can be said of a Mallan , but not last night....he has the ability to make runs and find passes into space that most teams cry out for....he beat the offside trap with one run in the first half that was simply outstanding..

He was always finding little gaps to thread passes through or move into . Also did a big shift in tracking back and tackling on the right hand side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hiber-nation
23-02-2019, 06:27 AM
Not seen the highlights on TV but I thought Mallan won the ball in our half to set up the first goal for us.

may be wrong but now I’ll need to watch highlights/ game to find out.

GGTTH

You are right. Great tackle in the right back position.

Brightside
23-02-2019, 06:46 AM
Gray and McGregor were to blame for the first goal. Astounding that people reckon it’s hanlons fault. The ball should have never have got there. Basic defending errors. Both players diving in to mistimed tackles. Hanlon going to have a hard time getting the fans back on side again obv. Some will be delighted.

Tyler Durden
23-02-2019, 07:21 AM
Gray and McGregor were to blame for the first goal. Astounding that people reckon it’s hanlons fault. The ball should have never have got there. Basic defending errors. Both players diving in to mistimed tackles. Hanlon going to have a hard time getting the fans back on side again obv. Some will be delighted.

I thought they were all culpable - including Lewis (who had a good game overall). Hanlon holding his position and blocking the most immediate danger would have helped certainly.

He showed similar poor positioning on the goal we lost at St Mirren IMO.

You can’t have thought that Hanlon played well last night? I think most of us are just pointing out that he’s fell way below his usual high standards since about November time and last night was poor again. If he’s struggling to play his way out of this run, maybe better to give him a rest.

makaveli1875
23-02-2019, 07:42 AM

Yes Mallan is luxurious. He's scored more goals himself so far than our entire midfield managed last season

we are hibs
23-02-2019, 07:58 AM

There was absolutely no need for Hanlon to step out

Allant1981
23-02-2019, 08:11 AM
Hanlon had some good moments and some not so good moments, unfortunately the not so good are showing up more and more now, I still think he was brought back in to early and it's taking its toll

Brightside
23-02-2019, 08:19 AM
Bottom line is every mistake Hanlon makes now is scrutinised whilst others around him make plenty. It took him 2 consistent seasons to get the fans off his back and it looks like it’s going to be a hard road back for him.

Beefster
23-02-2019, 08:32 AM
Bottom line is every mistake Hanlon makes now is scrutinised whilst others around him make plenty. It took him 2 consistent seasons to get the fans off his back and it looks like it’s going to be a hard road back for him.

By the same token, there is no point in trying to pretend that he’s not making frequent mistakes or whatabootery. His movement at the first Dundee goal was horrendous. He didn’t leave the centre of the box unattended to attempt a challenge, he left it because he was ballwatching and was sucked into a situation where we already had a number of players.

Gray, McGregor and Stevenson aren’t having a great season either but none of them are performing poorly as often as Hanlon imho.

Sioux
23-02-2019, 08:54 AM
By the same token, there is no point in trying to pretend that he’s not making frequent mistakes or whatabootery. His movement at the first Dundee goal was horrendous. He didn’t leave the centre of the box unattended to attempt a challenge, he left it because he was ballwatching and was sucked into a situation where we already had a number of players.

Gray, McGregor and Stevenson aren’t having a great season either but none of them are performing poorly as often as Hanlon imho.

McGregor was in the left CB position numerous times covering for Hanlon. PH frequently missing in action and needs to get his act together. Kenny Miller bossed him as soon as he came on the park. Not good enough I'm afraid.

JimBHibees
23-02-2019, 09:58 AM

No idea why he came out of his position first goal and didn't cover himself in glory second.

Arch Stanton
23-02-2019, 10:17 AM
Marciano -1
Gray 0
McGregor 1
Hanlon 2
Stevenson 3
Milligan 4
Slivka 5
Horgan 6
Mallan 7
M ****y 8
Kamberi 9

Fixed that for you :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
23-02-2019, 10:31 AM
The 4 Hibs players who let the cross in worries me more than Hanlon for the first goal. 2nd one was just very well worked.

B.H.F.C
23-02-2019, 11:08 AM

Funny that. He played consistently well and people praised him and weren’t on his back. Over the last couple of months he been consistently poor and it’s the opposite. Maybe if he upped his performance level the criticism would ease? Just a thought....

Since90+2
23-02-2019, 11:16 AM
Hanlon needs the end of the season for a break and a decent pre season. He had been poor the last few months but he undoubtedly is a good player but if he continues to play at his current level he will come under scrutiny.

Tug Wilson
23-02-2019, 12:26 PM
The ratings for Slivka are very interesting. Some have him as motm 9 and others as an okay 7. Always seems to be a cultured footballer but I often wonder whether the nature of the Scottish game makes it hard for him. When Heckingbottom declared that he wants to play a pressing game I feared that this would suit Slivka even less. Seems I was wrong. He is getting to express his ability now and showing what he can do. His central partnership with Milligan seems to be giving us a platform to play off. Good to see.