AugustaHibs
22-02-2019, 10:02 PM
What a difference a month makes!

Vault Boy
22-02-2019, 10:03 PM
Outstanding. So glad for him too.

Unseen work
22-02-2019, 10:04 PM
Brilliant tonight, huge difference and shows what confidence can do.

Only poor decision was not playing the ball through to Shaw in the last 5 minutes to make it 5.

wookie70
22-02-2019, 10:04 PM
I don't think time is the reason for the improvement rather personnel.

we are hibs
22-02-2019, 10:05 PM
Great finish and quick thinking to throw the ball to Horgan. What a difference it makes when he's not having balls hammered at him with no one to help him

Stevie Reid
22-02-2019, 10:05 PM
Superb tonight. Really quick and strong as an ox.

Should’ve played in Ollie but other than that, was a superb performance.

Shrekko
22-02-2019, 10:12 PM
Brilliant performance -nothing to do with a difference in ‘service’, as he was controlling balls beautifully and laying them off to Hibs players. That’s what he wasn’t doing a month ago.

Having McNulty with him is an absolute Godsend though.

Hibee Mac
22-02-2019, 10:15 PM
We have Kamberi back! A proper strike partnership in the making too which is great to see again.

calumhibee1
22-02-2019, 10:17 PM
Superb from the big man. Did he go over to celebrate his goal with the management aswell?

Lago
22-02-2019, 10:20 PM
Excellent, ran himself into the ground.

Northernhibee
22-02-2019, 10:25 PM
Really, really pleased for him. Ole Gunnar Solskbottom is going to be great for him, rebuild his confidence and get him firing on all cylinders again.

Deserved his goal and gave us a lot. Chuffed.

Greenbeard
22-02-2019, 10:26 PM
Much improved but IMO he still gives away silly unnecessary fouls, is too easily caught offside, has some clumsy efforts at laying off, and aye def should have squared for Shaw. Then again, if he cut all these things out he'd be playing EPL.
I'll rephrase my opening line before the pelters rain down. Much much improved and long may it continue.

cabbage_88
22-02-2019, 10:32 PM
Much improved but IMO he still gives away silly unnecessary fouls, is too easily caught offside, has some clumsy efforts at laying off, and aye def should have squared for Shaw. Then again, if he cut all these things out he'd be playing EPL.
I'll rephrase my opening line before the pelters rain down. Much much improved and long may it continue.

Agree with all of that

The Spaceman
22-02-2019, 10:58 PM
Playing with a smile on his face now that the shackles are off :agree:.

Brilliant player, although his ability was never in doubt.

Real Emerald
22-02-2019, 11:03 PM

Totally agree, I’m a big fan but he needs to try and jump for the ball and learn to square it when he needs to. Great performance though and we’ll reap the benefits of the partnership with him and McNulty. Keep it up Flo 👍👍👍

CmoantheHibs
22-02-2019, 11:13 PM
Had a good game along with most of the team. Linked up and showed for the ball well. It stuck to him too. Perhaps not quite back to his best yet but worth noting what a difference confidence makes to a players performance.

neil7908
22-02-2019, 11:43 PM
No surprise to me, showed last season what a good player he was.

Play him in the correct way and he'll score goals.

Really looking forward to seeing him and McNulty for the rest of the season.

overdrive
22-02-2019, 11:45 PM
Get him on every throw in. Probably the first decent throw in I’ve seen Hibs make in almost 30 years of watching Hibs!

Real Emerald
22-02-2019, 11:48 PM
Get him on every throw in. Probably the first decent throw in I’ve seen Hibs make in almost 30 years of watching Hibs!

Well I can remember a better one, think it was 21 May 2016 😊

Hannah_hfc
22-02-2019, 11:48 PM
Buzzing for Kamberi, we are starting to see the player from last season again.

From the celebration it’s clear the management have given him a motivational pep talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
22-02-2019, 11:51 PM
Kamberi being allowed to play the role he is suited too is the massive difference.

overdrive
22-02-2019, 11:52 PM
Well I can remember a better one, think it was 21 May 2016 😊

In my defence, I was at a wedding that day 🤣

SMAXXA
22-02-2019, 11:54 PM
Big difference was he was playing as a striker with the game in front of him a lot more than his back to goal and dealing with balls shelled upto him. His goal was exactly what he is about power and pace to run in on goal. His decision making could have been better at times and he lost it running at the defence around the box at times but that’s fine at least he must be feeling like a proper striker just now getting a number of chances in and around the box. Deserves a lot of praise well done

pacorosssco
22-02-2019, 11:57 PM
Big difference was he was playing as a striker with the game in front of him a lot more than his back to goal and dealing with balls shelled upto him. His goal was exactly what he is about power and pace to run in on goal. His decision making could have been better at times and he lost it running at the defence around the box at times but that’s fine at least he must be feeling like a proper striker just now getting a number of chances in and around the box. Deserves a lot of praise well done

Correct same applies Horgan who we are getting more out of also

guillaume
23-02-2019, 12:05 AM
No idea why you need to criticise him, scored a great first goal showing desire then quality, and also started the move for the second goal. That’s a great shift

Glory Lurker
23-02-2019, 12:09 AM
While I’m sure he’ll like to be sung about again, if there was an issue between him and NL, will he really want to hear the song in its original form?

It’s a shame the “to give Hibs venom” line has to go, but as a replacement for that and the “signed by Lennon” line, how about “he comes fae Zurich, a fitba purist”?

23-02-2019, 12:27 AM
In my defence, I was at a wedding that day 🤣

Lafferty's?

Frazerbob
23-02-2019, 12:51 AM
What a difference a month makes!

What a difference your boss not slating you in public makes.

Hi Heid Yin
23-02-2019, 02:11 AM
Kamberi indeed played a blinder.

He displayed aggression, fight and desire - qualities we all knew he had but did not display for far too long this season.

Welcome back Flo!

Hermit Crab
23-02-2019, 02:15 AM
Funny how some on here were wanting him punted in the January window, now look at him...

Hi Heid Yin
23-02-2019, 02:20 AM
Funny how some on here were wanting him punted in the January window, now look at him...

To be fair to those who wanted him gone, he gave them all the ammunition needed to shoot him down. He was woeful in far too many games.

Hermit Crab
23-02-2019, 02:23 AM
To be fair to those who wanted him gone, he gave them all the ammunition needed to shoot him down. He was woeful in far too many games.

So was Mallan and Hanlon amongst others, no calls to get rid of them though.

Hi Heid Yin
23-02-2019, 02:33 AM
So was Mallan and Hanlon amongst others, no calls to get rid of them though.

Their performances were at worst "poor" during our slump, whilst Kamberi's was "dire".

Flo became an easy as well as an obvious target. Calling for his head was understandable.

Greenbeard
23-02-2019, 07:04 AM
No idea why you need to criticise him, scored a great first goal showing desire then quality, and also started the move for the second goal. That’s a great shift
I agree it was a VG shift. Just being realistic and keeping my cream under control by pointing out he still could have done some things better and can improve.

Heisenberg
23-02-2019, 07:04 AM
Not funny at all. He was 5h1t for too long with a bad attitude. Kudos for turning it around though.

Not surprised he was rotten for weeks given the treatment he had to deal with from Lennon/Parker. Glad he’s back to his old self now.

Greenbeard
23-02-2019, 07:08 AM
Not surprised he was rotten for weeks given the treatment he had to deal with from Lennon/Parker. Glad he’s back to his old self now.
I accept that. As a coach you need to learn how your players react to the different style of delivery of critical analysis; which ones respond well to the hair-drier or public slating, which ones don't, and which ones it has a negative effect on. Lennon/Parker clearly got that wrong with Kambo.

Hermit Crab
23-02-2019, 10:09 AM

And some of our fans.

Bishop Hibee
23-02-2019, 11:01 AM
We could all see he thrives playing alongside someone up front. Excellent last night. Tougher tests ahead but he’s got his mojo back.

earlshaugh
23-02-2019, 11:07 AM
Had a good game along with most of the team. Linked up and showed for the ball well. It stuck to him too. Perhaps not quite back to his best yet but worth noting what a difference confidence makes to a players performance.

Along with the absence of public humiliation from his coach.

EVENTUALLY
23-02-2019, 11:16 AM
Brilliant tonight, huge difference and shows what confidence can do.

Only poor decision was not playing the ball through to Shaw in the last 5 minutes to make it 5.

Should have played McNulty in for a tap in in the first half too.

Eyrie
23-02-2019, 11:17 AM
Would that be the public criticism or the unsuitable role? It was noticeable that Kamberi ran to the bench after scoring.

Lennon and Parker did a lot right for us, but their mishandling of Kamberi this season deserves criticism.

Seaquest
23-02-2019, 11:25 AM
He is working hard and seems more confident. Also, getting better service from the midfield. This makes a huge difference.

RIP
23-02-2019, 11:32 AM
A lot of us still playing to the rumours about Kamberi and why the management team were on his back. Well I’ve heard a story too.

Kamberi put on weight around his belly and backside over the summer. Sport science team not happy. He had lost some of his athleticism and this was showing up in training, sprint times, stamina. Lennon had already punted Stokes, Murray and Swanson for not meeting his standards.

Last night I watched Florian from close to the pitch. He has definitely lost his leap, even the will to jump and compete for headers on some occasions. His arse and thighs are so big that when he runs, he has to pump his arms furiously to get up to speed.

He worked hard for much of the 90, has a great shot and is an exciting player on his game. I think he has huge potential but still has a lot of work to do to be an all round striker.

we are hibs
23-02-2019, 12:09 PM
A lot of us still playing to the rumours about Kamberi and why the management team were on his back. Well I’ve heard a story too.

Kamberi put on weight around his belly and backside over the summer. Sport science team not happy. He had lost some of his athleticism and this was showing up in training, sprint times, stamina. Lennon had already punted Stokes, Murray and Swanson for not meeting his standards.

Last night I watched Florian from close to the pitch. He has definitely lost his leap, even the will to jump and compete for headers on some occasions. His arse and thighs are so big that when he runs, he has to pump his arms furiously to get up to speed.

He worked hard for much of the 90, has a great shot and is an exciting player on his game. I think he has huge potential but still has a lot of work to do to be an all round striker.

That's utter ***** btw.

DaveF
23-02-2019, 12:19 PM

For a fat lad who can't run he did ok to outpace and out muscle Kasunga.

Shrekko
23-02-2019, 12:24 PM
He is working hard and seems more confident. Also, getting better service from the midfield. This makes a huge difference.

‘Better service’ all of a sudden eh?

Nope ... complete myth.

He’s just playing better and working harder. He’s actually great to watch when he’s firing like last night - great specimen of a boy who nobody would enjoy playing against when he’s on song.

There has to be a middle ground in this debate that goes beyond blind loyalty to him. He played very poorly for 2/3 months .. very poorly. His relationship with the manager made things difficult but he simply cannot be absolved of blame for his own form.

If he’s played like last night most weeks the team would be much higher up the table. Long may his form continue cos him and McNulty are now the keys to our season.

we are hibs
23-02-2019, 12:36 PM

Nope ... complete myth.

He’s just playing better and working harder. He’s actually great to watch when he’s firing like last night - great specimen of a boy who nobody would enjoy playing against when he’s on song.

There has to be a middle ground in this debate that goes beyond blind loyalty to him. He played very poorly for 2/3 months .. very poorly. His relationship with the manager made things difficult but he simply cannot be absolved of blame for his own form.

If he’s played like last night most weeks the team would be much higher up the table. Long may his form continue cos him and McNulty are now the keys to our season.

You must've missed our first goal where he scored from a through ball. When was the last time he done that in a league game? That's better service. are you suggesting the service to him under Lennon was good enough?

Shrekko
23-02-2019, 12:53 PM
You must've missed our first goal where he scored from a through ball. When was the last time he done that in a league game? That's better service. are you suggesting the service to him under Lennon was good enough?

Nah I’m suggesting that ‘service’ hasn’t drastically improved in the past 2 games. His form has though. He made that goal himself with his run then his strength even though it was a nice enough flick by McNulty.

He’s now controlling balls properly and being more careful with his lay offs etc. Even if he hadn’t scored these last 2 games he’s played well.

I can see you are a blind defender going by your other comments and that everything is 100 percent other people’s fault aye?

wookie70
23-02-2019, 01:01 PM

He was very poor but it was fairly obvious that the criticism was at least part of the problem as was the tactics that were being employed which almost looked designed to make him fail. I get calling a player out publicly, even if I don't agree with it, but to do it repeatedly is just stupid management and looks like blame shifting rather than motivation. Heck looks to have made the move to the 21st century unlike Lennon.

It was obvious that a change of manager was all that was going to work with Flo and so it has turned out. Flo has the capability to be a very lucrative player for us either in playing or financial terms. So glad he is back playing well and I think he will go on to be a very important player for us.

Shrekko
23-02-2019, 01:07 PM
He was very poor but it was fairly obvious that the criticism was at least part of the problem as was the tactics that were being employed which almost looked designed to make him fail. I get calling a player out publicly, even if I don't agree with it, but to do it repeatedly is just stupid management and looks like blame shifting rather than motivation. Heck looks to have made the move to the 21st century unlike Lennon.

It was obvious that a change of manager was all that was going to work with Flo and so it has turned out. Flo has the capability to be a very lucrative player for us either in playing or financial terms. So glad he is back playing well and I think he will go on to be a very important player for us.

Fair post ... the blame has to be shared but hopefully it’s onwards and upwards.

DavidDavidGray
23-02-2019, 01:19 PM

You are flat out lying. Flo posted a picture of himself on his Instagram story a few days back where you can see that he is in a brilliant physical condition. No need to lie.

Shrekko
23-02-2019, 01:26 PM
You are flat out lying. Flo posted a picture of himself on his Instagram story a few days back where you can see that he is in a brilliant physical condition. No need to lie.

Saw it too... to say he’s in decent nick is a massive understatement!

RyeSloan
23-02-2019, 01:29 PM
Nah I’m suggesting that ‘service’ hasn’t drastically improved in the past 2 games. His form has though. He made that goal himself with his run then his strength even though it was a nice enough flick by McNulty.

He’s now controlling balls properly and being more careful with his lay offs etc. Even if he hadn’t scored these last 2 games he’s played well.

I can see you are a blind defender going by your other comments and that everything is 100 percent other people’s fault aye?

I’d suggest the service has improved as has the fact he has a strike partner.

A blind person could see Flo is not at his best played as a lone striker.

Sure his form dipped and then the public criticism started but if we are looking at a blame game I’d say our bizarre switching of tactics, poor midfield layouts and lack of a proper second striker to play alongside him were all substantial factors in that.

He ended up getting frustrated and demotivated and who could really blame him for that.

But we are surely much better served by looking forward rather than back and really the why’s and what’s of his poor form previously are not overly important if he’s back on song and we are banging in the goals again!

HibeeHibernian4
23-02-2019, 02:13 PM

Nope ... complete myth.

Do you genuinely think it's just a case of him magically turning it on when he fancies?

Under Lennon in the last six months, he was getting absolutely nothing from the midfield. He was playing with his back to goal and getting outmuscled by every centre back in the top flight. We often just lumped it up to him and hoped for the best. It was football reminiscent of Butcher's hit and hope stuff up to Heffernan/Collins.

greenpaper55
23-02-2019, 02:19 PM
He seems to be playing with a smile on his face these days, also congratulating team mates when they score and not worrying that it wasn't him.

Shrekko
23-02-2019, 02:51 PM
I’d suggest the service has improved as has the fact he has a strike partner.

A blind person could see Flo is not at his best played as a lone striker.

Sure his form dipped and then the public criticism started but if we are looking at a blame game I’d say our bizarre switching of tactics, poor midfield layouts and lack of a proper second striker to play alongside him were all substantial factors in that.

He ended up getting frustrated and demotivated and who could really blame him for that.

But we are surely much better served by looking forward rather than back and really the why’s and what’s of his poor form previously are not overly important if he’s back on song and we are banging in the goals again!
I’ve said already it’s onwards and upwards.

I criticised him but I’m not of those fans who won’t change his mind about a player... if he keeps this up we have a terrific striker like we had last season.

He got an unnecessarily tough time this season but there is no excuse for being ‘demotivated’ ....which he did look.

I enjoyed his play last night and thought he was brilliant after he scored last week.

The_Horde
23-02-2019, 03:26 PM

You mustn't have seen the pictures on Insta circa a week before he signed for us, on holiday posing for pictures with JMac with his tap aff. Wish I was that fat.

04Sauzee
23-02-2019, 03:30 PM

Sounds legit 😂😂

RyeSloan
23-02-2019, 03:43 PM
I’ve said already it’s onwards and upwards.

I criticised him but I’m not of those fans who won’t change his mind about a player... if he keeps this up we have a terrific striker like we had last season.

He got an unnecessarily tough time this season but there is no excuse for being ‘demotivated’ ....which he did look.

I enjoyed his play last night and thought he was brilliant after he scored last week.

Fair enough although I think he had plenty of excuses to be demotivated as he saw another aimless long ball get launched in his general direction and pondered just how Lenny would blame it on him. Footballers are humans too so working in a difficult environment where criticism is the norm will effect anyone.

Some people might play through that and try all the harder, others maybe let their heads drop...Kambo is defo one of the latter, that much we can agree on!

But as you say his performance last night was way better so let’s just hope he keeps that up from here on in. [emoji736][emoji736]

Borderhibbie76
23-02-2019, 04:26 PM
To be fair to those who wanted him gone, he gave them all the ammunition needed to shoot him down. He was woeful in far too many games.He was but tactics and the public bullying by his former manager were the main reasons for his poor form...anyone with a bit of common sense could see that mate

Welcome back Flo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
23-02-2019, 04:26 PM
Not surprised he was rotten for weeks given the treatment he had to deal with from Lennon/Parker. Glad he’s back to his old self now.This 100%

Borderhibbie76
23-02-2019, 04:28 PM

He worked hard for much of the 90, has a great shot and is an exciting player on his game. I think he has huge potential but still has a lot of work to do to be an all round striker.Check his pics on Instagram if u think he has a belly!!! Dearie me

Allant1981
23-02-2019, 04:42 PM
Check his pics on Instagram if u think he has a belly!!! Dearie me

Exactly, the guy is ripped, sounds like more nonsense

earlshaugh
23-02-2019, 05:02 PM

Absolute nonsense.

Shrekko
23-02-2019, 05:11 PM
Absolute nonsense.

Superb argument. Tell me which bits.

Has his form not improved?
Is he not controlling balls and laying it off well?
Did he not make his goal with strength?
Has he not played well the last 2 games?

What on earth is nonsense? I’d say his fans and detractors would pretty much all agree with the above, so explain yourself smarty pants.

23-02-2019, 05:15 PM
He was a player who looked frustrated. Now he's bagged a couple of goals his confidence seems to have lifted.

Hopefully we invest well in a striker in the summer to form a partnership with him. I like Shawe, I think theres definatly something there but he's still young and developing at the moment.

Unseen work
23-02-2019, 05:16 PM
People who think Kamberi has put on weight clearly have never seen his Instagram.

He doesn’t have an ounce of fat on his body and has a bloody 8 pack.

Be struggling to find players in better nick than him.