PDA

View Full Version : Marc Mcnulty

Paul1642
22-02-2019, 08:14 PM
Brilliant performance from him and good positioning for his two goals. What do we think the compliance officer will make off his incidient? Personally feel the BT team are being a bit strong on it and although perhaps a little intentional it’s a hard one to prove and hopefully no ban for it. Time will tell.

-Jonesy-
22-02-2019, 08:17 PM
Think it’s clear as day he tries to kick up at McGowans head

calumhibee1
22-02-2019, 08:17 PM
The number of decisions that are being made retrospectively is huge now. Given the performance of referees we should just do away with them and someone can make decisions from a tv box

Diclonius
22-02-2019, 08:18 PM
Step up Oli Shaw!

DH1875
22-02-2019, 08:18 PM
He kicked out. 100% looking at a ban.

Del Boy
22-02-2019, 08:34 PM
Played well but he’s definitely getting a ban for that

murray26
22-02-2019, 08:42 PM
Silly from Marc I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t get a ban.

supermcginn
22-02-2019, 08:45 PM
Silly kick out but absolutely streets ahead of maclaren in every department. Great signing

hibbybob
He kicked out. 100% looking at a ban.

Should get a ban for missing the bar steward!😄

Bachmann's red card was rescinded so who knows what will happen with McNulty?

Stevie Reid
22-02-2019, 08:51 PM
We were a different team (not in a good way) after he went off.

We’ll need to appeal the ban to have him available for the Saints game.

hibsbollah
22-02-2019, 08:53 PM
I think he was trying to spring up quickly and kicked out as a result:fibber:

we are hibs
22-02-2019, 08:54 PM
We were a different team (not in a good way) after he went off.

We’ll need to appeal the ban to have him available for the Saints game.

And risk him being out the rangers game.. would it be a 1 or 2 match ban?

Forza Fred
22-02-2019, 08:54 PM
Good to have someone Snapping at the crumbs in an efficient manner.

Unlike Jamie Mac, when he’s not scoring he’s still contributing.

Golden Bear
22-02-2019, 08:55 PM
When you look at the replays, Mcnulty's head is down so he has no idea where McGowan was. Purely momentum, not guilty m'lud.

SaulGoodman
22-02-2019, 08:55 PM
The more I see it the more I think he’s just trying to roll over.

overdrive
22-02-2019, 08:57 PM
Marciano was kicked in the head as well... absolutely nothing mentioned. It isn’t even trial by TV but trial by TV pundit.

500miles
22-02-2019, 08:57 PM
Was there excessive force or brutality?

04Sauzee
22-02-2019, 08:58 PM
He can't see McGowan he's trying to roll over get on his feet. Never a red. Boys a real player.

Sutton seems disappointed that Hibs won

Hibeesmad
Good player. Most definitely looking at a ban which is going to be a miss

Golden Bear
Marciano was kicked in the head as well... absolutely nothing mentioned. It isn’t even trial by TV but trial by TV pundit.

Absolutely correct. It didn't suit their agenda to highlight that incident.

wookie70
22-02-2019, 08:59 PM
I think it was down to the rugby tackle by that Hearts t*t. Is McNulty meant to control the position of his legs while upside down having been thrown to the ground and not looking at his opponent. The flashing arm that caught Milligan was a worse foul albeit I wouldn't have sent the boy off for that either.

Stevie Reid
22-02-2019, 09:01 PM
And risk him being out the rangers game.. would it be a 1 or 2 match ban?

Yeah would be longer I think. Saints game bigger than Rangers currently though.

Vault Boy
22-02-2019, 09:02 PM
Daft kick out which sours another great performance. Great start for Sparky MKII.

Sammy7nil
22-02-2019, 09:02 PM
Think it’s clear as day he tries to kick up at McGowans head

I think it is clear as day he is upside down balancing on his head when his foot goes near the players head. No action for me.

MartinfaePorty
22-02-2019, 09:04 PM
I totally agree no intent

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Springbank
22-02-2019, 09:04 PM
not a ban for me

McGowan should have seen red

Real Emerald
22-02-2019, 09:05 PM
I think it was down to the rugby tackle by that Hearts t*t. Is McNulty meant to control the position of his legs while upside down having been thrown to the ground and not looking at his opponent. The flashing arm that caught Milligan was a worse foul albeit I wouldn't have sent the boy off for that either.

I agree, whilst he probably did kick up, in real time he was tumbling and landing upside down on his back. You can’t retrospectively referee things in slow motion. It will then be up to what Sutton decides to highlight on TV. Naughty but no way is that a red card.

dp00
22-02-2019, 09:06 PM
Who knows what they will do but actually gotta give McGowan credit for not reacting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unseen work
22-02-2019, 09:06 PM
I think it is as he described - handbags.

Hes on the floor rolling about and he’s had a little niggle, not knowing exactly where McGowan is or trying to stud his face!

Wrights knee to Milligan’s head was worse imo as he went out of his way to knee him.

Unseen work
22-02-2019, 09:07 PM
Also what a player he is, would love to see him here permantly.

Has a lot more about him than I anticipated.

Great assist and was always looking for those balls round the corner, two proper striker goals too which we don’t score enough of.

Hibbyradge
22-02-2019, 09:08 PM
I think he'll get a 2 match ban even though I don't think it was deliberate.

green day
22-02-2019, 09:08 PM
When you look at the replays, Mcnulty's head is down so he has no idea where McGowan was. Purely momentum, not guilty m'lud.

I agree, as it happens - I think it will be very difficult for them to state with any certainty that a man fouled in that manner was deffo kicking out (even if he was).

There was a incident with something left on Rocky, Scott Wright retaliated v Milligan, and later left a knee on his head. Also one of the dundee players reacted violently to Omeyonga tackle.

None of which I want anything retrospective done.

If the compliance officer gets involved in everything, then the game is screwed.

MyJo
22-02-2019, 09:12 PM
Very harsh if he does get any sort of ban for that, he was upside down and looked to me like he was just trying to flip himself over to get back upright.

If he gets pulled up for that then the boy that deliberately and maliciously kneed Milligan in the head as well as lashing out and pushing Omeonga after the challenge he got booked for should be getting absolutely hammered for his behaviour tonight

RoxburghHibs
22-02-2019, 09:13 PM

Yup that was worse and got zero coverage or mention.

04Sauzee
22-02-2019, 09:14 PM
Also what a player he is, would love to see him here permantly.

Has a lot more about him than I anticipated.

Great assist and was always looking for those balls round the corner, two proper striker goals too which we don’t score enough of.

Imagine once he's fitter, leaner, faster and played with Kamberi for longer. They could be some partnership

MWHIBBIES
22-02-2019, 09:14 PM
Any footage? Didn't see anything at the game.

Greenbeard
22-02-2019, 09:16 PM
Similar to McKenna on Plug no? Maybe slightly less movement by McNulty than McKenna but still definitely a conscious movement towards his puss. Ban for sure.

RyeSloan
22-02-2019, 09:17 PM
Any footage? Didn't see anything at the game.

You won’t see much on the footage either.

Much ado about nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

California-Hibs
22-02-2019, 09:19 PM
4 goals in 3 games? BRILLIANT start by him!

22-02-2019, 09:24 PM
McGowan had been manhandling him for the last 30 yards and he was still trying to shake himself free.

Hibbyradge
22-02-2019, 09:25 PM
If he gets a 2 match ban, will he miss the Celtic game?

If so, he'll get a 2 match ban.

Real Emerald
22-02-2019, 09:27 PM

Yes, once Chris Sutton get his complaint sent in 😡

majorhibs
22-02-2019, 09:29 PM
Unbelievable. Ye all seriously think action against player? Not Hibbies! Nowadays imbeciles take ANYTHING they get from TV/net anywhere, but Hibs fans goin wi the new fangled trendy we are all victims together nonsense, take a hike. Ye’ve never seen bad or injustice especially when involvin the 2 cheeks & their pet refs, the amount ae zoomers here linin up tae have a dig at the sky MOM, soz, where you’se ment to be comin from again??? Sutton should be banned from his nonsense. How many times in 1 game is he trying to influence the compliance officer? It’s actual needing investigating, & no just from this 1 game against Hibs.

GreenCastle
22-02-2019, 09:29 PM
Think Marc is quality. Love his reactions when he scores.

Nothing wrong with what he did - if he gets done for that it’s a complete farce compared to what we see missed regularly. How do you even prove he meant to kick him.

Hi Heid Yin
22-02-2019, 09:30 PM
4 goals in 3 games is one heck of a return.

McNulty is "class and lethal" and a striker that the Jambos are already anticipating and fearing in the run up to the next derby.

we are hibs
22-02-2019, 09:32 PM

Morelos was suspended in the league for rangers played on Wednesday and is suspended for Sunday in the league again so I don't think it applies to cup games

Keyser Sauzee
22-02-2019, 09:34 PM
Unbelievable. Ye all seriously think action against player? Not Hibbies! Nowadays imbeciles take ANYTHING they get from TV/net anywhere, but Hibs fans goin wi the new fangled trendy we are all victims together nonsense, take a hike. Ye’ve never seen bad or injustice especially when involvin the 2 cheeks & their pet refs, the amount ae zoomers here linin up tae have a dig at the sky MOM, soz, where you’se ment to be comin from again??? Sutton should be banned from his nonsense. How many times in 1 game is he trying to influence the compliance officer? It’s actual needing investigating, & no just from this 1 game against Hibs.

This is like trying to read morse code.

Golden Bear
22-02-2019, 09:34 PM

I feel your pain. You're spot on with your comments. Sutton has somehow managed to take the gloss of our victory with his anti Hibs agenda and as I said previously, you can't help feeling that it's all to do with Lennon' s departure.

Hibbyradge
22-02-2019, 09:35 PM
Morelos was suspended in the league for rangers played on Wednesday and is suspended for Sunday in the league again so I don't think it applies to cup games

Thanks.

Fingers crossed.

Waxy
22-02-2019, 09:36 PM
The dundee player tried to headbutt Mcnultys boot.
No ban.

brog
22-02-2019, 09:36 PM
I really couldnt believe it when Sutton & Craigan started on about it. They almost praised McGowan for actually fouling McNulty 4 or 5 times over about 15 yards. It's a very different situation to the Sheep game, McKenna was sent off at the time & the incident was almost simultaneous. It's very clear McNulty at no time looks at McGowan, his only crime was actually trying to stay on his feet. One thing's certain, we won't accept any ban that's offered.

majorhibs
22-02-2019, 09:40 PM
I just cannae believe nowadays Hibbies are sae keen tae see 1 O their ane banned fi TV & press & hearsay & nonsense! Is aw this generation sae lost tae apparent tech that the hell wi Hibs & Hibs good, the tech & the TV & the pundits want Hibs hung, & I’m wi the tech cos I’m wi it. Soz if ye’se will pardon puns, but ye’se can bolt, imo! &

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-02-2019, 09:40 PM
Couldn’t have complained too much if he’d been shown a red but no danger should he be getting a retrospective red card. Can’t be over analysing every borderline decision after games, it’s getting silly. No danger was that worse than Naismiths blatant kick out at the Celtic player earlier in the season, for example.

Waxy
22-02-2019, 09:41 PM
Mcnulty was kind of upside down when he kind of flicked his leg.He might not even have known the Dundee player was near him.
It may not actually be a ban. Sutton might be talking rubbish.

Real Emerald
[QUOTE=brog;5718551]I really couldnt believe it when Sutton & Craigan started on about it. They almost praised McGowan for actually fouling McNulty 4 or 5 times over about 15 yards. It's a very different situation to the Sheep game, McKenna was sent off at the time & the incident was almost simultaneous. It's very clear McNulty at no time looks at McGowan, his only crime was actually trying to stay on his feet. One thing's certain, we won't accept any ban that's offered.[/QUOTE

Agree, and something needs to be done about commentators deliberately calling out for compliance officers fers to be involved for incidents that suits their agendas. It’s becoming more of a mockery than the biased refereeing.

ancient hibee
Morelos was suspended for the first cup game.

Keyser Sauzee
22-02-2019, 09:42 PM
I just cannae believe nowadays Hibbies are sae keen tae see 1 O their ane banned fi TV & press & hearsay & nonsense! Is aw this generation sae lost tae apparent tech that the hell wi Hibs & Hibs good, the tech & the TV & the pundits want Hibs hung, & I’m wi the tech cos I’m wi it. Soz if ye’se will pardon puns, but ye’se can bolt, imo! &

So ur refusing to acknowledge evidence because it’s not in Hibs favour?

we are hibs
22-02-2019, 09:43 PM
Morelos was suspended for the first cup game.

Why wasn't he suspended for the replay and is out of their league game on Sunday instead?

Bishop Hibee
22-02-2019, 09:44 PM

Totally agree. It wasn’t even shown in a replay. All incidents should be reviewed, not just the ones the weegia decide are important.

MartinfaePorty
22-02-2019, 09:47 PM
I agree, whilst he probably did kick up, in real time he was tumbling and landing upside down on his back. You can’t retrospectively referee things in slow motion. It will then be up to what Sutton decides to highlight on TV. Naughty but no way is that a red card.My thoughts entirely

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

BH1875
22-02-2019, 09:50 PM
Him and Kamberi up front is class. If there’s any chance of getting Mcnulty permanent we should take it. Class player

Golden Bear
22-02-2019, 09:52 PM
Why wasn't he suspended for the replay and is out of their league game on Sunday instead?

Evidence? Not in my book, I disagree with Sutton's opinion but I don't have the power to suggest that the incident should be referred to the Compliance Officer. It's very easy to be selective- a point which Leanne highlighted earlier this week.

majorhibs
22-02-2019, 09:53 PM

I feel your pain. You're spot on with your comments. Sutton has somehow managed to take the gloss of our victory with his anti Hibs agenda and as I said previously, you can't help feeling that it's all to do with Lennon' s departure.

Keyser, easy, pm Golden Bear tae entendio, but that wid take effort, eh? Easy tae be like Sutton & go the slack easy route! Ye’ll be liked & follayed by the BT cheap controversial brigade & on the easy bandwagon.net mob seamlessly! Barry, eh! That BT commentary the nite was tripe from tripe commentators & could potentially have important players for us suspended against the poppy theives. Does not go down too well with me!

Real Emerald
22-02-2019, 09:57 PM
Keyser, easy, pm Golden Bear tae entendio, but that wid take effort, eh? Easy tae be like Sutton & go the slack easy route! Ye’ll be liked & follayed by the BT cheap controversial brigade & on the easy bandwagon.net mob seamlessly! Barry, eh! That BT commentary the nite was tripe from tripe commentators & could potentially have important players for us suspended against the poppy theives. Does not go down too well with me!

I think I agree with all of that but like Keyser I need some ... - - - ... with your banter 😊

04Sauzee
22-02-2019, 09:57 PM
He does score goals, only sticky spell has been Reading

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_McNulty#

ancient hibee
22-02-2019, 09:58 PM
He was suspended for two matches plus a third match for having been sent off twice in the league.The first two matches after the ending off included the first cup match.The third match has to be served on a league match.Hope that clears it up,have to go and lie down!

brianmc
22-02-2019, 10:13 PM
I thought Beaton had a good game tonight.
He controlled the game by the way he gave decisions as much as by what those decisions actually were...

Because of this there were no great 'controversies' on pitch during the game.
At no point was he surrounded by players jostling him and screaming abuse in his face, as is the norm nowadays, more often than not.

Did the ref miss anything?

Yep.
Penalty for Dundee.
A red card for McNulty
Couple of dubious elbows....
Late challenge on Rocky
Red card for the guy that stuck his knee into Milligan's head - but I still think that the way Beaton dealt with the whole game prevented the players from over reacting.

overdrive
22-02-2019, 10:17 PM
As bad as it might have looked/Sutton made it out to be, the jambo barsteward didn’t make much of a fuss about it which is a bit strange for a so-called blatant straight red card!

Nicho87
22-02-2019, 10:41 PM
Brilliant signing by Dempster

CMurdoch
22-02-2019, 10:58 PM
The 2 negatives from tonight are Horgan's injury (although was walking about okay at the end) and the McNulty incident.

A good chance McNulty will get offered a ban because there is a definite second directed movement of the foot towards McGowans head.

Do i think he should get a ban? No

Reason - there should only be retrospective action if it is a deliberate dangerous act towards another player e.g. Johnsons ban for the reckless tackle on Izzeguire that he could have pulled out of after losing control of the ball and the naughty by Wright of Dundee on Milligan tonight which was a deliberate cynical and reckless act to injure him. Hope the SFA don't try to even it up by looking at McNulty as well as Wright. McNulty's was at worst a naughty flick out of his foot in the course of his fall to the ground with McGowan.

If there is the offer of a 2 match suspension we must knock it back and put in an appeal.
We desperately need McNulty for the St Johnstone game which is a MUST win given their easy run in.

After our match on Wednesday both teams have 5 games to play before the split.
Both have matches to play against Kilmarnock, Motherwell & Livingston.
However, their 2 remaining matches are against Dundee & St Mirren whereas ours are against Rangers & Hearts!

Accordingly we simply must win on Wednesday and an on fire McNulty is vital to that.

vuefrom1875
22-02-2019, 11:06 PM
He can't see McGowan he's trying to roll over get on his feet. Never a red. Boys a real player.

Sutton seems disappointed that Hibs won

And the whole weggie panel.....f$$k them.

joebakerforever
22-02-2019, 11:25 PM
I think it is clear as day he is upside down balancing on his head when his foot goes near the players head. No action for me.

Totally agree - imo anyone forced into that upside down position will instinctively try to rebalance themself in a similar fashion to Mark.

It's all very well dwelling on slow motion replays but when such incidents happen in real time, the brain will not be able to ponder on what the best option is, and is not a premeditated action.

Just because those slavers, Sutton & Craigan, are claiming a red card, is irrelevant.

HibeeHibernian4
22-02-2019, 11:31 PM
Foolish from him tonight, as far as I'm concerned.

However, if that's the price to pay for 4 goals in 3 games, I'll take it. Many a striker we've signed who couldn't muster 4 goals in their entire Hibs career. Some start for him. Hopefully dodge the Compliance Officer's wrath and he can keep it up in Perth on Wednesday.

Sir David Gray
22-02-2019, 11:36 PM
Just seen it on Sky as I didn't see anything at the game, I'd be amazed if he avoids a ban. Crazy what he did tonight, it definitely looked deliberate.

We're going to really miss him whilst he's out.

Wakeyhibee
23-02-2019, 12:52 AM
Not seen a replay but at the time I thought it was a red.

I thought Beaton had a good game overall tonight. If there was anything he got wrong it might have been this, if he didn't then it's a better performance than I credit him for.

CMurdoch
23-02-2019, 01:08 AM
Just seen it on Sky as I didn't see anything at the game, I'd be amazed if he avoids a ban. Crazy what he did tonight, it definitely looked deliberate.

We're going to really miss him whilst he's out.

I see Bachmann of Kilmarnock had his red card overturned and that appeared a clear red for a deliberate assault.
Strange times. Hopefully McNulty will get no penalty as well. Certainly worth challenging it if he does.

flash
23-02-2019, 06:35 AM
Not seen a replay but at the time I thought it was a red.

I thought Beaton had a good game overall tonight. If there was anything he got wrong it might have been this, if he didn't then it's a better performance than I credit him for.

I am confused. Without a replay you couldn't possibly have thought it was a red card as it wasnt visible until slowed down from a different angle.
I think what he did was a normal reaction to going down the way he did and like most things looks ten times worse in slow motion.

brog
23-02-2019, 06:42 AM
I am confused. Without a replay you couldn't possibly have thought it was a red card as it wasnt visible until slowed down from a different angle.
I think what he did was a normal reaction to going down the way he did and like most things looks ten times worse in slow motion.

The reaction or rather the non reaction of the Dundee ( & Hibs) players is very telling. It obviously didn't look like a bad challenge to them. If anyone should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute it's Sutton. His bromance with Lennon is badly affecting his judgement.

Hibs Class
23-02-2019, 06:50 AM
Not as bad as what Morelos did more than once in the last match v celtc, or what Naismith did against celtc early in the season. None of them had further action taken, so I'd expect McNulty to be fine.

Onion
23-02-2019, 06:51 AM
Him and Kamberi up front is class. If there’s any chance of getting Mcnulty permanent we should take it. Class player

:agree: McNulty is class and pairs with Kamberi perfectly. Sadly, he's on a 4 year deal at Reading so no chance of us being able to afford him. You just know he's going to end up on the Celtic bench or leading the Sevco line.

green day
23-02-2019, 06:53 AM
The edited match is on BT again now if anyone wants to review it again.

jacomo
23-02-2019, 07:04 AM

:agree:

I think it’s possible to deny intent.

jacomo
23-02-2019, 07:08 AM
The reaction or rather the non reaction of the Dundee ( & Hibs) players is very telling. It obviously didn't look like a bad challenge to them. If anyone should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute it's Sutton. His bromance with Lennon is badly affecting his judgement.

He’s looking for opportunities to criticise Hibs it seems.

BILLYHIBS
23-02-2019, 07:14 AM

He’s looking for opportunities to criticise Hibs it seems.

We need to set Michael Stewart on him. :greengrin

percy veer
23-02-2019, 08:53 AM

Brilliant, thought it was Irvine Welsh latest book

MrRobot
23-02-2019, 08:57 AM
He probably should be banned cause he has kicked out but with the compliance system the joke it is he may get off.

Cracking player though. Hope the loan is with an option to buy.

Sir David Gray
23-02-2019, 09:13 AM
He probably should be banned cause he has kicked out but with the compliance system the joke it is he may get off.

Cracking player though. Hope the loan is with an option to buy.

If reports I read are correct then Reading are looking for around £1 million for him. There's a bit of negotiating to do to say the least, if we're going to come to any agreement.

JimBHibees
23-02-2019, 09:17 AM

Agree personally don't think there was anything in it and certainly not when comparing it to others this season. Would imo be difficult for Beaton after the old firm game to review that and say it was worse than any of the Morelos incidents in that game. Hibs are playing Celtic in the cup and competing with Motherwell amongst others for top 6 so maybe explains why an ex Celtic player and current Motherwell employee want Hibs players banned.

EVENTUALLY
23-02-2019, 09:25 AM

The prospect of Scott Allan playing him in next season is something the club should be pulling the stops out to achieve if we are to witness a Hibs side resembling a team which we all enjoy. Clever attacking football with lots of goals.

southsider
23-02-2019, 09:28 AM
I think he'll get a 2 match ban even though I don't think it was deliberate.
Aye, me too. Look what happened at Celtic. Brown gets away with a yellow - no further action whilst our player get a red 2 days later.

Keith_M
23-02-2019, 09:30 AM
Played well but he’s definitely getting a ban for that

I think we should just accept the ban, with no fuss, and the coach should warn him about his future behaviour.

He's a real star and we can't afford to have him missing in games.

MyJo
23-02-2019, 09:31 AM
The prospect of Scott Allan playing him in next season is something the club should be pulling the stops out to achieve if we are to witness a Hibs side resembling a team which we all enjoy. Clever attacking football with lots of goals.

The thought of us having Kamberi & McNulty upfront with Horgan on the left, a fit again Boyle on the right and Scott Allan pulling the strings in the middle.......... https://media.tenor.com/images/84bff47f61dc2f09b524fb7e74b282c0/tenor.gif

jacomo
23-02-2019, 09:50 AM

I think we should just accept the ban, with no fuss, and the coach should warn him about his future behaviour.

He's a real star and we can't afford to have him missing in games.

As said above, players from other teams have been getting away with proper reckless challenges this term.

Why should we accept a ban where intent is hard to prove?

MrRobot
23-02-2019, 10:05 AM
If reports I read are correct then Reading are looking for around £1 million for him. There's a bit of negotiating to do to say the least, if we're going to come to any agreement.

I thought it was around 750k but either way it’s gonna ha hard to keep him permanently with either of those fees

Billy Whizz
23-02-2019, 10:12 AM
I thought it was around 750k but either way it’s gonna ha hard to keep him permanently with either of those fees

Or we pay a loan fee

Eyrie
23-02-2019, 10:21 AM
If it had been the other way round I'd be saying a red, so I'll have no grounds for complaint if the compliance officer wants to look at it.

That said, McGowan is quoted in today's BBC gossip column (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47335413)

"It was handbags, a coming together," said Dundee
defender Ryan McGowan following his clash with Hibernian
forward Marc McNulty in Friday's 4-2 win for Hibs, insisting the pair shook hands afterwards. (Sun) (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3914993/marc-mcnulty-ryan-mcgowan-hibs-dundee-kick-out-dens-park-nothing/)

Add in the Sevco comments during the week about "trial by Sportscene" and we may find nothing happens.

MyJo
23-02-2019, 10:22 AM

Maybe giving Rangers and Celtic the full south stand for the rest of the season will generate enough money to help fund the transfer fee for Mcnulty?

Captain Trips
23-02-2019, 12:21 PM
Phone his club get him in perm.

wookie70
23-02-2019, 12:29 PM
Maybe giving Rangers and Celtic the full south stand for the rest of the season will generate enough money to help fund the transfer fee for Mcnulty?

How many times are we going to be playing them. Given the upturn in form there may not have been a huge difference in attendance whether we give them the whole stand or not. If they sell the whole stand it will only make a couple of thousand difference and after you take VAT etc off we would have to play them about 30 times to buy McNulty if the rumoured £750K to £1m is correct.

Mantis Toboggan
23-02-2019, 12:49 PM
If it had been the other way round I'd be saying a red, so I'll have no grounds for complaint if the compliance officer wants to look at it.

That said, McGowan is quoted in today's BBC gossip column (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47335413)

Add in the Sevco comments during the week about "trial by Sportscene" and we may find nothing happens.

McGowan, despite being a hertz dick, has done us a favour there

blackpoolhibs
23-02-2019, 12:51 PM
Phone his club get him in perm.

What if he likes his hair as it is?

CMurdoch
23-02-2019, 12:57 PM

There is also the small matter of his huge wage which has another 3 seasons to run.
Afraid this is not happening.

Best we can hope for is a seasons loan if Reading don't want him and can't sell him for a good fee.

KWJ
23-02-2019, 12:58 PM

That's what McNulty said. Reads like a Sun/BBC typo to me.

Hibbyradge
23-02-2019, 01:50 PM
McGowan, despite being a hertz dick, has done us a favour there

I think the sun is actually quoting McNulty.

That's exactly what he said on BT Sport after the game.

Peevemor
23-02-2019, 04:20 PM
I'm not sure he'll get done. I've just watched the replay and at the moment he flicks out/up his foot he's literally upside down, with his full weight on his head.

I'm not suggesting it was an automatic reflex, but I think it will be impossible to prove that it was deliberate.

Golden Bear
23-02-2019, 04:21 PM
I'm not sure he'll get done. I've just watched the replay and at the moment he flicks out/up his foot he's literally upside down, with his full weight on his head.

I'm not suggesting it was an automatic reflex, but I think it will be impossible to prove that it was deliberate.

Exactly. No intent whatsoever.

Keith_M
23-02-2019, 04:38 PM

I think we gave them each 2,000 tickets last time so the maximum extra we could give is 1,800.

If we assume that 3/4 of tickets sold are to adults, that's roughly an average of £25 per ticket, which is £45k per game. Two games would make it an extra £90k... minus VAT.

We're still missing over £900k off the current asking price

EastCalderHibby
23-02-2019, 05:22 PM
Should get a ban for missing the bar steward!😄

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Golden Bear
23-02-2019, 06:11 PM
I think we gave them each 2,000 tickets last time so the maximum extra we could give is 1,800.

If we assume that 3/4 of tickets sold are to adults, that's roughly an average of £25 per ticket, which is £45k per game. Two games would make it an extra £90k... minus VAT.

We're still missing over £900k off the current asking price

Global Hibby will be happy to make up the difference. 😁

Marvellous
24-02-2019, 09:39 AM
Looks like we have a player here. :agree:

My_Wife_Camille
24-02-2019, 09:43 AM
A huge upgrade on Maclaren. Really hope we can keep him next season

badabing67
24-02-2019, 10:37 AM

I'm pretty sure we signed him on an 18 month loan so we should have him till the end of next season. But not sure what happens after that. If we have options or not if anyone knows I'd like hear it

Heisenberg
24-02-2019, 10:39 AM
I'm pretty sure we signed him on an 18 month loan so we should have him till the end of next season. But not sure what happens after that. If we have options or not if anyone knows I'd like hear it

It’s only a 6 month loan unfortunately.

Allant1981

Loan until the end of this season

Billy Whizz
Did we, where did you read that?

badabing67
24-02-2019, 11:18 AM
[QUOTE=Billy Whizz;5719796]Did we, where did you read that?[/QUOTE

Apologies got that one wrong, though I think we got an option to extend someone's loan by an additional 12 months could that be Ryan Gould do we have an option to extend his loan. Could be wrong again though. :doh:

24-02-2019, 03:55 PM
I think the sun is actually quoting McNulty.

That's exactly what he said on BT Sport after the game.

Unless McNulty was using a Jedi mind trick to get McGowan to say it too.

McGowan was fouling McNulty for about 20 yards before he eventually managed to pull him down. If Chris Sutton / the Compliance Officer are re-refeereeing the game then they should be saying it was a foul 10-15 yards back up the pitch so if the ref had been doing his job properly it would never have reached the point where McNulty was wrestled upside down.

Anyone saying it should have been a red should be told it should have been a free kick well before McGowan could do his Judo throw.

AugustaHibs
24-02-2019, 04:03 PM
Unless McNulty was using a Jedi mind trick to get McGowan to say it too.

McGowan was fouling McNulty for about 20 yards before he eventually managed to pull him down. If Chris Sutton / the Compliance Officer are re-refeereeing the game then they should be saying it was a foul 10-15 yards back up the pitch so if the ref had been doing his job properly it would never have reached the point where McNulty was wrestled upside down.

Anyone saying it should have been a red should be told it should have been a free kick well before McGowan could do his Judo throw.

At the same time fans would be greeting if he pulled it up earlier without allowing advantage

24-02-2019, 04:12 PM
At the same time fans would be greeting if he pulled it up earlier without allowing advantage

I know but I'm just putting across the case for the defence. He was thrown upside down and the kick out was him trying to get some leverage to get himself back the right way up. He had no idea where McGowan was at the time.

Sir David Gray
24-02-2019, 04:15 PM
Apologies got that one wrong, though I think we got an option to extend someone's loan by an additional 12 months could that be Ryan Gould do we have an option to extend his loan. Could be wrong again though. :doh:

Yeah you're wrong again unfortunately we don't have the option to extend Gauld or McNulty's loan deals.

Billy Whizz
24-02-2019, 04:29 PM
Yeah you're wrong again unfortunately we don't have the option to extend Gauld or McNulty's loan deals.

Gauld is out of contract in the summer, not sure what he plans to do

Sir David Gray
24-02-2019, 04:35 PM
Gauld is out of contract in the summer, not sure what he plans to do

I don't think that's right. It was reported that he signed a 6 year contract with Sporting Lisbon in 2014 which would mean that he is under contract until the end of next season. :confused:

Michael
24-02-2019, 04:38 PM
I don't think that's right. It was reported that he signed a 6 year contract with Sporting Lisbon in 2014 which would mean that he is under contract until the end of next season. :confused:

Don't think 6 years is legal? They probably have an option of an extra year.

Billy Whizz
24-02-2019, 04:38 PM

You’re right about 6 years, but transfer market says he’s out of contract in May

Sir David Gray
24-02-2019, 04:40 PM
Don't think 6 years is legal? They probably have an option of an extra year.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/02/ryan-gauld-sporting-lisbon-60m-buy-out-clause

Sir David Gray
24-02-2019, 04:40 PM
You’re right about 6 years, but transfer market says he’s out of contract in May

I don't know how that can be correct when the 6 year contract was signed in 2014.

Michael
24-02-2019, 04:42 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/02/ryan-gauld-sporting-lisbon-60m-buy-out-clause

6 years = 5 year contact + 1 year option

If sporting don't take the option he can go for free this summer

Aim Here
24-02-2019, 04:45 PM

You sure you're not looking at when his loan is up with Hibs?

Sir David Gray
24-02-2019, 05:04 PM
6 years = 5 year contact + 1 year option

If sporting don't take the option he can go for free this summer

Where are you reading that? Everything I've read about his move to Portugal says it was a 6 year contract, there's nothing about it being a 5 year contract with the option of an extra year if it's a success. The guy's only 23 so I don't know why they would only want to extend it by a year if it was just 5 years to begin with.

I also don't know where you've read that 6 year deals are illegal. Ronaldo signed a 6 year deal with Real Madrid, Kevin de Bruyne signed a 6 year deal with Manchester City and Kepa signed a 7 year deal with Chelsea.

Michael
24-02-2019, 05:07 PM
Where are you reading that? Everything I've read about his move to Portugal says it was a 6 year contract, there's nothing about it being a 5 year contract with the option of an extra year if it's a success. The guy's only 23 so I don't know why they would only want to extend it by a year if it was just 5 years to begin with.

I also don't know where you've read that 6 year deals are illegal. Ronaldo signed a 6 year deal with Real Madrid, Kevin de Bruyne signed a 6 year deal with Manchester City and Kepa signed a 7 year deal with Chelsea.

That's just how it's presented to the media. You legally can't have a contract over 5 years.

However if the club wants to keep the player then it is effectively like having an N year contact.

MyJo
24-02-2019, 05:20 PM

Harry Kane singed a six year deal with spurs last summer too

Billy Whizz
24-02-2019, 05:29 PM
Harry Kane singed a six year deal with spurs last summer too

Read 7.2.1 on page 6

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1842/scottish-fa-registration-procedures.pdf

Sir David Gray
24-02-2019, 05:30 PM
That's just how it's presented to the media. You legally can't have a contract over 5 years.

However if the club wants to keep the player then it is effectively like having an N year contact.

Can you show me where this is stated please? I have genuinely never heard of that rule/law before in my life.

Billy Whizz
24-02-2019, 05:47 PM
Can you show me where this is stated please? I have genuinely never heard of that rule/law before in my life.

See my link above, never knew of it either

Hibees1973
24-02-2019, 06:43 PM
Hibs have done well to get an upgrade with McNulty. He is a more complete player compared to MacLaren.

McNulty is strong on the ball and holds the play up well. Shown already he can finish. Would be great to get him on a permanent deal but wages could be a problem. Probably on at least double compared to our top earner, but to never know.

Enjoy him while he is here.

malcolm
24-02-2019, 07:09 PM
See my link above, never knew of it either

Those association procedures are not the law but are perhaps a copy and paste from say uefa. They do not disallow a contract of more than 5 years for adults despite the reference to 5 years. They refer to this being allowed if national laws permit... you’d be thinking a player might only sign such a long contract if they saw the terms and security as being like golden handcuffs.:greengrin

Keyser Sauzee
25-02-2019, 12:17 PM
When is it usually announced if a player will be cited for an incident?

Heisenberg
25-02-2019, 12:33 PM

It’ll probably be today at some point I think.

overdrive
25-02-2019, 12:44 PM
Read 7.2.1 on page 6

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1842/scottish-fa-registration-procedures.pdf

"Any clause referring to a longer duration within the relative Agreement between Player and Club who has attained 18 years of age at the date of signing shall only be permitted if consistent with national laws".

That'll be the bit that actually makes it legal in this country.

Hibernia&Alba
25-02-2019, 01:00 PM
It didn't look good. Only he will know whether he tried to boot the guy, but I would think he'll be done for it.

flash
25-02-2019, 01:50 PM

Hopefully it has passed.

CMurdoch
25-02-2019, 02:23 PM
Twenty past 3 and no bad news yet.

Do you think the compliance officer waits until 10 seconds before finishing work to send the bad news email? Then runs of home to her mum.

Souter96Mac
25-02-2019, 02:29 PM
Looks a quality player who will only get better with more games. Unlikely to be here past summer but we'll see!

HibeeHibernian4
25-02-2019, 02:36 PM
Hoping that the St Mirren boy's tackle on the Jambo Grass will have distracted them from McNulty's incident.

MacGruber
25-02-2019, 02:57 PM
It would be a joke to ban him now. Not withstanding the merits of whether or not the incident deserved a ban it is now going on late Monday afternoon with our next game Weds. The incident was on Friday. The English FA make decisions the same afternoon/night. Hibs will have worked on the shape of the team for Weds including McNulty's positions in it by now.

MacGruber
25-02-2019, 02:58 PM
Has Darnell Johnson now served his ban?

04Sauzee
25-02-2019, 03:16 PM
Has Darnell Johnson now served his ban?

Pretty sure it was served against Hamilton and Dundee?

green day
25-02-2019, 03:19 PM
It would be a joke to ban him now. Not withstanding the merits of whether or not the incident deserved a ban it is now going on late Monday afternoon with our next game Weds. The incident was on Friday. The English FA make decisions the same afternoon/night. Hibs will have worked on the shape of the team for Weds including McNulty's positions in it by now.

Nothing at all (about any player) on the SFA site as yet, 16:20

Sir David Gray
25-02-2019, 03:40 PM
I'm (pleasantly) surprised that nothing has been announced on this. I thought he was a certainty to face a ban so if we can get off with this it's a huge boost to have him available. Hopefully Heckingbottom can have a quiet word in his ear.

JimBHibees
25-02-2019, 03:43 PM
I'm (pleasantly) surprised that nothing has been announced on this. I thought he was a certainty to face a ban so if we can get off with this it's a huge boost to have him available. Hopefully Heckingbottom can have a quiet word in his ear.

Is it not usually quite late such as 5 or after. Put the phone on voicemail, draft communication, press send, turn off computer immediately, run home. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
25-02-2019, 03:47 PM
He could easily be pulled tomorrow or Wednesday.

Springbank
25-02-2019, 03:58 PM
He could easily be pulled tomorrow or Wednesday.

he was fouled and dragged upside down ffs

are there ANY circumstances where that happens and you dont lose your bearings?

give the laddie a break

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-02-2019, 04:08 PM

In any other country, yes. Genuinely wouldn’t surprise me though if they announced on Wed that he was banned

SteveHFC
25-02-2019, 04:11 PM
In any other country, yes. Genuinely wouldn’t surprise me though if they announced on Wed that he was banned

Hibs appeal and lose it on friday meaning hes banned for sat, sfa wouldnt do that would they

Hibee87
25-02-2019, 04:20 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if it's after Wednesday, this ruling him out of both the Celtic and rangers game as apposed to St J and Celtic.

CMurdoch
25-02-2019, 04:20 PM
5:20 and nothing on BBC or SFA site.
Last disciplinary news on SFA site was Bachmann's fast track hearing on Friday so no mention of any incidents from there onward.
No news is however good news.

angus hibby
25-02-2019, 04:22 PM
he was fouled and dragged upside down ffs

are there ANY circumstances where that happens and you dont lose your bearings?

give the laddie a break

The other Dundee centre half (Kusunga?) was only a yard away from the incident and he didn’t react at all to the “kick out”. At the game, I was totally unaware anything had happened, McGowan to his credit didn’t react either. Watching a re run of the game on BT, it took Sutton etc 5 minutes or so to realise he may have done something. Surely if it was that bad, it would only take one replay to see something untoward, like they did with Wright kneeing Milligan in the head!!

04Sauzee
25-02-2019, 04:26 PM
If the St Mirren boy hasn't been cited yet then I'm sure they haven't got round to doing whatever it is they actually do

25-02-2019, 04:30 PM
If the St Mirren boy hasn't been cited yet then I'm sure they haven't got round to doing whatever it is they actually do

They're waiting for Chris Sutton's email telling them which players to punish.

CMurdoch
25-02-2019, 04:59 PM
So, we need to sweat it out for another day!

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-02-2019, 07:52 PM
Hibs appeal and lose it on friday meaning hes banned for sat, sfa wouldnt do that would they

Nope. Definitely not [emoji848]

brog
25-02-2019, 08:04 PM
The full game was on again tonight. McNulty was fouled repeatedly & finally dragged to the ground about 20 yards from where the 1st offence occurred. Even if his boot had accidentally caught McGowan in the face then he (McGowan) would have automatically reacted. He didn't & neither did any other player on the park. It would be impossible to prove any intent on MM's part despite Sutton's best efforts. I also believe our earlier comments that the Compliance process is not fit for purpose will tell the authorities we will not meekly accept any punishment.

majorhibs
25-02-2019, 09:24 PM
The full game was on again tonight. McNulty was fouled repeatedly & finally dragged to the ground about 20 yards from where the 1st offence occurred. Even if his boot had accidentally caught McGowan in the face then he (McGowan) would have automatically reacted. He didn't & neither did any other player on the park. It would be impossible to prove any intent on MM's part despite Sutton's best efforts. I also believe our earlier comments that the Compliance process is not fit for purpose will tell the authorities we will not meekly accept any punishment.

But but nowadays drama queens, players & posters & pundits alike, demand to be victims, & squeal mightily when not! Even alleged “Hibs” fans demand their rights to be victims! It obv. must feel so much better for them when “vindicated!” Never mind Hibs/fans/players, nowadays wannabe vics & sensitive souls have feelings & rights too! Maybes just call for a ban for all in Green within a 25M radius the now & make it easier for compliance officer & panel of 3, then we can all just move on with our emotions intact!

green day
27-02-2019, 06:33 AM
Sorry to bring this one back up again, but -

Its now Wednesday, and the SFA site has nothing on it about any player (the last disciplinary update is Bachmans red being rescinded).

Presumably there is no case to answer for McNulty (or the kung fu St Mirren boy)?????

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-02-2019, 06:38 AM

Its now Wednesday, and the SFA site has nothing on it about any player (the last disciplinary update is Bachmans red being rescinded).

Presumably there is no case to answer for McNulty (or the kung fu St Mirren boy)?????

Or the Dundee boy Wright who kneened Milligan in the head. Perhaps our lovely Compliance officer is on annual leave this week [emoji2373]

Hibbyradge
27-02-2019, 08:47 AM
Or the Dundee boy Wright who kneened Milligan in the head. Perhaps our lovely Compliance officer is on annual leave this week [emoji2373]

The Rangers have asked them to wait till tonight's game is out of the way.

I can't think why ...

MacGruber
27-02-2019, 10:55 AM

The St Mirren one was worse than Darnell Johnson's - no consistency whatsoever

CMurdoch
27-02-2019, 11:03 AM

Ssssh!

overdrive
27-02-2019, 11:26 AM

There seems to be an incident like this involving a St Mirren player most weeks these days. Are they becoming the new Hearts/Aberdeen/Motherwell?

Brunswickbill
27-02-2019, 11:34 AM
The word “slaver” was created for folk like Sutton, Craigan, Stewart and Thomson when it comes to their judge and jury antics commenting on “should’ve been a red card” and trying to do the SFA compliance officer’s job.

CMurdoch
27-02-2019, 11:42 AM
Compliance officer citation will surely not be announced today when there is a full matchcard

scoopyboy
27-02-2019, 11:45 AM
Is there not a time limit?

Surely they can't wait an indefinite time before citing somebody, the game was five days ago.

27-02-2019, 11:54 AM
I presume at the link below is where we'll see anything.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

Hibee87
27-02-2019, 11:58 AM
Is there not a time limit?

Surely they can't wait an indefinite time before citing somebody, the game was five days ago.

If it rules him out of both the OF matches, I wouldn't be suprised if they cited him tomorrow. This would be met, I hope, with major objections from Hibs for these very reasons. Why wait so long? If he scores the winner tonight St J would also be asking the same question.

I would like to think the silence means nothing doing. But you know what they are like :rolleyes:

Gmack7
27-02-2019, 12:00 PM
maybe there's nothing to report/look into

JimBHibees
27-02-2019, 12:16 PM

Tansey now cited. It says fast track which doesnt really make sense given the game was four days ago. Dicamona will be delighted.