PDA

View Full Version : Third strip has become our second strip

Jamesie
22-02-2019, 07:05 PM
As it says above - we've definitely worn our luminous yellow number more regularly than our white number this season!

Lancs Harp
22-02-2019, 07:11 PM
As it says above - we've definitely worn our luminous yellow number more regularly than our white number this season!

Second kit must be selling well and third kit needing a push :wink: Sales Sales Sales its what drives away kit choice these days, thats modern football for you.

wpj
22-02-2019, 07:11 PM
Not a fan of it tbh

DH1875
22-02-2019, 07:15 PM
Not a fan of it tbh

I quite like it. Reminds me of the one we had about 15 years ago.

HibeeHibernian4
22-02-2019, 07:28 PM
Much prefer the away strip. Wore it here in the 3-0 in September.

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-02-2019, 07:38 PM
Reckon the players will prefer to wear this one. Much easier to spot a quick pass

malcolm
22-02-2019, 07:44 PM
Don’t know why we can’t just wear the proper green and white Hibs strip and only change when need be.. there is no need to have worn anything than green body white arms in this game. :wink:

Diclonius
22-02-2019, 07:46 PM
Can't be bothered with yellow strips.

Hibbyradge
22-02-2019, 07:47 PM
I'd love us to have an all white strip. Same style as the yellow one, but with a green shoulder stripe.

That would be really smart.

Jones28
22-02-2019, 07:48 PM
I like it, gonna get me one for 5's 👍🏻

calumhibee1
22-02-2019, 08:26 PM
I like it, gonna get me one for 5's 👍🏻

You’ll be the guy nobody wants on their team as they’ll have to wear the bibs :greengrin:

SideBurns
22-02-2019, 08:45 PM
I've always fancied a Hibs 'Peru' style away strip; all white, with a green diagonal stripe. Surprised no-one has ever came up with it tbh.

Lancs Harp
22-02-2019, 08:49 PM
I've always fancied a Hibs 'Peru' style away strip; all white, with a green diagonal stripe. Surprised no-one has ever came up with it tbh.

Would be well smart :thumbsup:

Jones28
22-02-2019, 08:54 PM
You’ll be the guy nobody wants on their team as they’ll have to wear the bibs :greengrin:

That's why numbers are my friend 😂

Tomsk
22-02-2019, 08:59 PM
Don’t know why we can’t just wear the proper green and white Hibs strip and only change when need be.. there is no need to have worn anything than green body white arms in this game. :wink:

Correct.

adhibs
22-02-2019, 09:19 PM
had completely forgot about the white shirt untill this post. i'm not an away attender, but must be a while since we wore it?

adhibs
22-02-2019, 09:20 PM

One more suited to the huns. Plus, personally think its a stinking design.

04Sauzee
22-02-2019, 09:21 PM
Really don't like the yellow strip at all. If we should go yellow and green like the late 70's Norwich effort we had. That's my all time favourite away strip

Lago
22-02-2019, 09:22 PM
Not a fan of it tbh
Nor me although my wife thinks it's great.

noz
22-02-2019, 09:42 PM

Agree!!! Thought that for years.

Forza Fred
22-02-2019, 10:25 PM
Nor me although my wife thinks it's great.

Polar Opposite in this household.

She won't let me wear it to the golf club in her company...

Mibbes Aye
22-02-2019, 10:59 PM

I’ve posted this almost every time these sorts of threads come up. Purple with a green diagonal too, or purple and white, either way round.

22-02-2019, 11:05 PM

As someone said. Money, money, money.
I can just about accept 2 strips in a season but three is just ripping the cash out of people.

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2019, 11:09 PM

Don't get me started, it bugs the hell out of me that away teams at Easter Road invariably wear their 2nd strip even though there's absolutely no colour clash.

Mibbes Aye
23-02-2019, 12:16 AM
Don't get me started, it bugs the hell out of me that away teams at Easter Road invariably wear their 2nd strip even though there's absolutely no colour clash.

I think there’s a contractual agreement that the second strip will be worn x amount of times per season and maybe in x amount or more likely, proportion, of televised games? That sort of explains why all the teams sometimes wear second strips even when there’s not a colour clash.

nonshinyfinish
23-02-2019, 08:10 AM
Surprises me a bit that we're allowed to have the outfield players in luminous yellow and the keeper in a luminous light green.

You can tell them apart, but I'd have expected them to be considered a clash these days. Only seen the third kit on tv though, so maybe they look more distinct in real life.

ScottB
23-02-2019, 08:39 AM
As someone said. Money, money, money.
I can just about accept 2 strips in a season but three is just ripping the cash out of people.

I think playing in Europe forced us to have 3 this year?

Bristolhibby
23-02-2019, 08:52 AM
I think playing in Europe forced us to have 3 this year?

Correct.

That and put away strip clashes with Celtic.

J

malcolm
23-02-2019, 09:12 AM
Correct.

That and put away strip clashes with Celtic.

J

Mind you the home one most certainly doesn’t clash with their home....other than in the weird alternative reality that we now seem to live in. :wink: :greengrin

Keith_M
23-02-2019, 09:25 AM
I'm not convinced there's a single team we've played this season that actually requited a change of strip, and that includes Celtc.

There's also no reason whatsoever to have a brand new strip every season. It's all about money.

Now that my uncle Pat won the Euro-Millions, I'm going to ask him for enough money to buy Hibs and we're only going to have a new strip once every five years... and our change strip will be purple with a green and white diagonal strip.

There'll also be no adverts on the kit any more.

BegbieHSC
23-02-2019, 09:26 AM
I think the gaffer gets the final nod on what strip to wear.

Can understand why for night games the yellow shirts are getting picked, given they are literally high-vis. Would expect to see the 3rd kit again Wednesday.

Missing our actual away top though. I’m very much in the camp that it’s a beaut!!

Keith_M
23-02-2019, 09:28 AM
...... I’m very much in the camp that it’s a beaut!!

Nah, if you're looking for camp strips, this is the one.....

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/hearts-new-away-kit.png

zitelli62
23-02-2019, 10:34 AM
Green home strip purple away keep it simple.

RIP
23-02-2019, 10:41 AM
It’s been scientifically proven that luminous strips make it easier to find a player. Worst colour is green apparently as it blends with the grass 😉

Pretty Boy
23-02-2019, 10:58 AM
Bottle green and navy will have been deemed a colour clash; we'll have been instructed to change. I'd guess the bottle green shorts against Dundees navy shorts would have seen the white kit deemed unacceptable as well.

What I don't get is we wore all luminous yellow and our keeper wore all luminous green whilst Dundee wore all navy and their keeper wore all dark purple and that was deemed fine.

HibeeHibernian4
23-02-2019, 11:17 AM
Bottle green and navy will have been deemed a colour clash; we'll have been instructed to change. I'd guess the bottle green shorts against Dundees navy shorts would have seen the white kit deemed unacceptable as well.

What I don't get is we wore all luminous yellow and our keeper wore all luminous green whilst Dundee wore all navy and their keeper wore all dark purple and that was deemed fine.

Wore the away kit at Dens with no problems in September though? I think TV definitely has something to do with it. St Mirren away in September, home kit. St Mirren away in January on TV, third kit.

Waxy
23-02-2019, 12:23 PM
Dont really like that top from last night. Its a bit nuclear/toxic waste radioactive.

heretoday
23-02-2019, 12:35 PM
I love that luminous strip. Can't help thinking it's easier for the players to find each other under the lights especially.

What I abhor is black strips. The ref and the NZ rugby team are the only excuses for them!

Mantis Toboggan
23-02-2019, 12:46 PM
This is a pretty good version of a hi viz yellow one tbf. Better than the 2017 version. Agree that black kits are the worst, just totally characterless