PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Motherwell

Ardenttwo
22-02-2019, 12:33 PM
Hope to get 4 seats together for my family including my granddaughter of 7 I have a ST in upper west but no chance in that area of 4 seats. When will I get the chance to purchase 4 seats at the moment it looks like all seats are sold I even tried hospitality but that is completely sold out for this game

jgl07
22-02-2019, 12:35 PM
Hope to get 4 seats together for my family including my granddaughter of 7 I have a ST in upper west but no chance in that area of 4 seats. When will I get the chance to purchase 4 seats at the moment it looks like all seats are sold I even tried hospitality but that is completely sold out for this game

They will open the South Stand as soon as the other three are near to sold out.

Just wait.

HibeeHibernian4
22-02-2019, 12:37 PM
Shame that there will be at least hundreds, if not thousands, of empty ST holder seats.

JimBHibees
22-02-2019, 12:39 PM
Shame that there will be at least hundreds, if not thousands, of empty ST holder seats.

Not if we string a few good results together there wont.

HibeeHibernian4
22-02-2019, 12:45 PM
Not if we string a few good results together there wont.

Even in our best run of form (September-early October), there were plenty of empty ST seats, particularly in the Famous Five lower. Good results would lessen this, but there will still be a considerable number absent.

houstonhibbee
22-02-2019, 01:02 PM
Even in our best run of form (September-early October), there were plenty of empty ST seats, particularly in the Famous Five lower. Good results would lessen this, but there will still be a considerable number absent.
Woukd you rather we had fewer season ticket holders and the club less money? Woukd that satisfy you? Don’t understand why your complaining
every cluh has season ticket holders that can’t make every game. That’s just the way it is.

Jones28
22-02-2019, 01:06 PM
Woukd you rather we had fewer season ticket holders and the club less money? Woukd that satisfy you? Don’t understand why your complaining
every cluh has season ticket holders that can’t make every game. That’s just the way it is.

It pisses me off that the two ST seats next to me are empty virtually every week (haven't seen them since the first Aberdeen game this season) wen the seats could have been occupied. I know people have paid their money and can do what they want and that's fine but it was annoying to see especially at the derby when you want the place packed.

Anyway my mate and I are thinking of doing some sort of shrubbery with the unoccupied space - any other suggestions?

kennedy
22-02-2019, 01:09 PM

Seats in the South are available now as it is a Hibs Kids game

Ringothedog
22-02-2019, 01:16 PM
It pisses me off that the two ST seats next to me are empty virtually every week (haven't seen them since the first Aberdeen game this season) wen the seats could have been occupied. I know people have paid their money and can do what they want and that's fine but it was annoying to see especially at the derby when you want the place packed.

Anyway my mate and I are thinking of doing some sort of shrubbery with the unoccupied space - any other suggestions?
My brother has 2 season tickets which he has barely used as he has been out of the country most of the time since the season started. He paid his money for those seats and if they are not getting used then tough. I am sure that other people have their reasons for non attendance . In answer to your question how about opening a small bar at the seats?

HibeeHibernian4
22-02-2019, 01:35 PM

I am a season ticket holder and our group miss about two or three games a season. When that happens, we release our four seats accordingly and they can be snapped up by somebody in a position like the OP. I’m not beamoaning people for buying STs and then never going (although, it’s a bit odd), I’d just like to see seats not go to waste when they can’t make it.

Keith_M
22-02-2019, 01:37 PM
How abut we put blow up dolls with Hibs Scarves on in the empty seats.

HibeeHibernian4
22-02-2019, 01:41 PM
How abut we put blow up dolls with Hibs Scarves on in the empty seats.

I’m sure a few years back I remember reading that a Spanish club (Getafe it might’ve been) had cardboard cutouts of fans, or maybe big photos of a crowd that they placed over empty seats.

Keith_M
22-02-2019, 01:50 PM
My brother has 2 season tickets which he has barely used as he has been out of the country most of the time since the season started. He paid his money for those seats and if they are not getting used then tough.

It is indeed his choice. If an adult pays for a Season Ticket and doesn't attend, the club will receive maximum revenue.

His situation must be relatively rare, though, and understandable reasons like this can't possibly account for the nearly 50% empty seats in the FF Lower at almost every game.

I would like to buy Season Tickets for the FF Lower for next season for two adults and two, possibly three, kids (nieces and nephews). I'm trying to persuade those kids to go along regularly to get them hooked on Hibs, and they've loved every game they've been to.

I'd like them to have the opportunity to watch Hibs in the Family Section while they're still young... and having a slightly reduced price also helps me to be able to afford it (though I'm willing to pay more than the current 50 quid). I can guarantee that the seats will be occupied for at least 75% of games.

However, you can barely get two free seats together, never mind 4 or 5, and it galls me to see that end almost permanently half empty.

This block booking and almost never using the cheaper seats IS affecting people.

Steven79
22-02-2019, 01:59 PM
It is indeed his choice. If an adult pays for a Season Ticket and doesn't attend, the club will receive maximum revenue.

His situation must be relatively rare, though, and understandable reasons like this can't possibly account for the nearly 50% empty seats in the FF Lower at almost every game.

I would like to buy Season Tickets for the FF Lower for next season for two adults and two, possibly three, kids (nieces and nephews). I'm trying to persuade those kids to go along regularly to get them hooked on Hibs, and they've loved every game they've been to.

I'd like them to have the opportunity to watch Hibs in the Family Section while they're still young... and having a slightly reduced price also helps me to be able to afford it (though I'm willing to pay more than the current 50 quid). I can guarantee that the seats will be occupied for at least 75% of games.

However, you can barely get two free seats together, never mind 4 or 5, and it galls me to see that end almost permanently half empty.

This block booking and almost never using the cheaper seats IS affecting people.

Making the famous five a free for all next season might be a better idea or make the cheap kids tickets to either side of the east and/or making the cheap tickets in the south as cat B and move the signing section into the lower tier as it can't be very inspiring to the players shooting towards the "home end" in the second half which is half empty most of the time.

Something needs to be done as it's not a great experience sitting in a half empty stand every week and I would rather pay move to move also the club could do more in the concourse for kids before the games to make them feel more involved.

MSK
22-02-2019, 02:52 PM
Even in our best run of form (September-early October), there were plenty of empty ST seats, particularly in the Famous Five lower. Good results would lessen this, but there will still be a considerable number absent.Our two season ticket seats in ff lower have been empty most of the season due to one reason or the other, **** happens, at least hibs have our money though so Im comfortable with that 👍

eastcoasthibby
22-02-2019, 03:22 PM
Kids season tickets need to go up to around 75 -100 quid still very cheap even at that but would give a reasonable income, maybe encourage greater attendance to get moneys worth ...

Jones28
22-02-2019, 03:31 PM
My brother has 2 season tickets which he has barely used as he has been out of the country most of the time since the season started. He paid his money for those seats and if they are not getting used then tough. I am sure that other people have their reasons for non attendance . In answer to your question how about opening a small bar at the seats?

As others have said this may well be the scenario - it may well even be your brother that is my neighbour - and if that is something people can do then great. But then why not release the seats, especially for the big games where the more bodies through the door the better?

You could ask him in fact - would your brother be willing to release the seats if the club were to compensate him? E.g what if the club offered him £10 towards next years season ticket for every ticket he released? So he releases two tickets, he gets a payment of £10 per ticket back from the club? They sell the ticket for full whack (£28 for a cat A game), your brother had an incentive to release the ticket and it goes to a happy punter who gets in to the derby?