PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Next Working Together Meeting - Monday 25th 6.30pm

C Feeney-Seale
21-02-2019, 09:09 PM
For those that don’t know, these meetings are held normally every two months, with the next meeting scheduled for Monday 25 Feb at Easter Road Stadium.

All supporters are welcome to attend, and there's no need to register in advance - simply come along to the West Stand Reception area.

It is a great way supporter involvement can help the club going forward with ideas.

Any questions please ask away, I'll be sharing a summary after the meeting.

Charlene

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
21-02-2019, 09:22 PM
I'm working away, typical.

Skol
21-02-2019, 09:44 PM
Nice of you to do the fans reps job for them. Didn’t you get stuck last time you shared a summary?

What time is the meeting

Skol
21-02-2019, 09:44 PM
Stuck = stick.

C Feeney-Seale
21-02-2019, 10:20 PM
Nice of you to do the fans reps job for them. Didn’t you get stuck last time you shared a summary?

What time is the meeting

Monday's meeting is at 6.30pm.

Yeah, there was a little bit discussion after last time I shared minutes, but I spoke to a board member about this recently and they agreed as it's an open meeting there is no sensible reason not to. Hopefully this will mean a wider section of fans can engage with these meetings, not just those who are free to attend on the night.

I'm being up front about planning to do this summary, so should there be any concerns about sharing parts of the discussions these can be clearly flagged during the meeting.

GreenCastle
21-02-2019, 11:17 PM
Please can these questions get answered..

1 - Can we improve the catering costs and quality.
2 - Hibs don’t have a recycling policy - can we introduce one for match days and non match days? Less rubbish for seagulls and going into local community.
3 - tannoy in east stand is awful - recently sat in West and it was fine - something needs done as it’s been like this since it was built.
4 - fan experience at games - fans bar needs improved and more options for kids.
5 - stadium is looking tired and dirty in many places. Seats / paint work / cleaning of stands / hospitality. Rubbish around stadium - tired 3G around pitch.
6 - ticket office - can more staff be available when busy times to avoid queues - should be a ticket enquires separate window to collections (bit like match days).
7 - can Hibs have an better customer support - online twitter help / more people to answer phones about ticket issues.
8 - famous five lower - empty seats issue
9 - singing section to famous five lower / safe standing / family section to west lower
10 - before and after match management of traffic in the surrounding area is poor with cars driving through large crowds of people.
11. Our links to betting companies / alcohol (gin etc) and vaping - what kind of family messages are we trying to promote?

percy veer
22-02-2019, 02:35 AM

2 - Hibs don’t have a recycling policy - can we introduce one for match days and non match days? Less rubbish for seagulls and going into local community.
3 - tannoy in east stand is awful - recently sat in West and it was fine - something needs done as it’s been like this since it was built.
4 - fan experience at games - fans bar needs improved and more options for kids.
5 - stadium is looking tired and dirty in many places. Seats / paint work / cleaning of stands / hospitality. Rubbish around stadium - tired 3G around pitch.
6 - ticket office - can more staff be available when busy times to avoid queues - should be a ticket enquires separate window to collections (bit like match days).
7 - can Hibs have an better customer support - online twitter help / more people to answer phones about ticket issues.
9 - singing section to famous five lower / safe standing / family section to west lower
10 - before and after match management of traffic in the surrounding area is poor with cars driving through large crowds of people.
11. Our links to betting companies / alcohol (gin etc) and vaping - what kind of family messages are we trying to promote?

how much money you think hibs have? then sever ties with all our sponsors.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-02-2019, 02:57 AM
I think that’s the benefit of going along if you can. You get an idea of some of the constraints.

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2019, 03:17 AM

That's a load of things that indeed do need addressed to a greater or lesser degree. Just about all of them would cost money and yet at the same time you are suggesting Hibs should sever links with our two main sponsors and a lesser sponsor. Though I find it rather paradoxical that a club who wont allow vaping in the stands is still willing to sign a sponsorship deal with a vaping company I can see it from the POV that any club will find it difficult to turn down sponsorship money, no matter what the source. Its pretty clear that betting and drinks companies are the biggest source of cash in football and Hibs are only one of numerous clubs taking advantage.

I think the main question that needs to be asked is: Are there cash problems at Hibs?

The stadium does appear to be getting tired with very little being done about it, why not?
I'm sure if the money had been available we could have bought out Scott Allan's contract … a player we clearly need …. why didn't we?
Without giving away any details, did the club take a financial hit parting with Neil Lennon and Gary Parker?
For all that I said before, Hibs must have been aware that partnering with a vaping company would be seen as a bit of a strange thing for a sports club to do and that it wouldn't be seen in a good light by a lot of our fans, not to mention by the public in general … is there a financial problem that made it not just desirable to get this sponsorship, but necessary?

Is money being diverted from other projects, including the playing budget, in order to finance an indoor training facility at East Mains?

And like you I would also like to see the club loosen its stance on the subject of the FF lower. The hundreds of empty seats in that section at every game show us in a bad light on the TV … it would be far better to either disperse family tickets around the stadium or move the family section to the west lower. That could be backed up by at least trying to find out if a singing section in the FF lower would attract interest from the various groups currently dispersed around the stadium, there are at least as many singers still in section 42 as have signed up to sit in the FF upper. Would a dedicated section like the FF lower given over in its entirety to these fans attract the 1,500 to 2000 it would take to fill it … if yes its a no brainer IMO.

Heckys Wheel
22-02-2019, 06:10 AM
That's a load of things that indeed do need addressed to a greater or lesser degree. Just about all of them would cost money and yet at the same time you are suggesting Hibs should sever links with our two main sponsors and a lesser sponsor. Though I find it rather paradoxical that a club who wont allow vaping in the stands is still willing to sign a sponsorship deal with a vaping company I can see it from the POV that any club will find it difficult to turn down sponsorship money, no matter what the source. Its pretty clear that betting and drinks companies are the biggest source of cash in football and Hibs are only one of numerous clubs taking advantage.

I think the main question that needs to be asked is: Are there cash problems at Hibs?

The stadium does appear to be getting tired with very little being done about it, why not?
I'm sure if the money had been available we could have bought out Scott Allan's contract … a player we clearly need …. why didn't we?
Without giving away any details, did the club take a financial hit parting with Neil Lennon and Gary Parker?
For all that I said before, Hibs must have been aware that partnering with a vaping company would be seen as a bit of a strange thing for a sports club to do and that it wouldn't be seen in a good light by a lot of our fans, not to mention by the public in general … is there a financial problem that made it not just desirable to get this sponsorship, but necessary?

Is money being diverted from other projects, including the playing budget, in order to finance an indoor training facility at East Mains?

And like you I would also like to see the club loosen its stance on the subject of the FF lower. The hundreds of empty seats in that section at every game show us in a bad light on the TV … it would be far better to either disperse family tickets around the stadium or move the family section to the west lower. That could be backed up by at least trying to find out if a singing section in the FF lower would attract interest from the various groups currently dispersed around the stadium, there are at least as many singers still in section 42 as have signed up to sit in the FF upper. Would a dedicated section like the FF lower given over in its entirety to these fans attract the 1,500 to 2000 it would take to fill it … if yes its a no brainer IMO.

I think you’re confusing the Working Together meetings with the AGM.

These questions aren’t for WT. The smaller matters in the post you quoted can be addressed by fans who want to “work together” with the club.

Hibbyradge
22-02-2019, 09:08 AM
Hibs should continue with the ban on vaping despite their new sponsorship deal.

Do Hibs allow the drinking of gin at games?

Loads of clubs sponsor companies whose products you can only enjoy outside the stadium.

Hibbyradge
22-02-2019, 09:11 AM
If Hibs revealed that they did not take a financial hit when Lennon and Parker left, they will have broken the confidentiality agreement.

That's a huge "detail".

Brightside
22-02-2019, 09:12 AM

The West Lower are the best seats in the house. Why on earth would they make that the family section. The family section will always be in the area where it’s hardest to sell tickets.

Eric
22-02-2019, 09:27 AM
I think you’re confusing the Working Together meetings with the AGM.

These questions aren’t for WT. The smaller matters in the post you quoted can be addressed by fans who want to “work together” with the club.

The WTG meetings are actually very appropriate for bring matters such as those listed in City of Green's post to the attention of the Club.

In fact on the subject of the need for painting and cleaning in the stands this is already being worked on by WT in conjunction with Colin Millar.

Hope to meet some new faces at Monday's meeting!

Golden Bear
22-02-2019, 09:40 AM

It depends where you sit in the West as the audibility seems to vary considerably. I sit in one of the middle rows of the Upper West and all you can hear from the tannoy system is a garbled noise.

bigwheel
22-02-2019, 09:46 AM
It depends where you sit in the West as the audibility seems to vary considerably. I sit in one of the middle rows of the Upper West and all you can hear from the tannoy system is a garbled noise.

I sit in west lower up behind away dug out - tannoy is clear and loud ...

banchoryhibs
22-02-2019, 09:47 AM
I'm working away, typical.

I'm working away too - if the next meeting's date is fixed early I'll try to keep it clear.

Eyrie
22-02-2019, 06:19 PM

I think that's the "music".

SChibs
22-02-2019, 06:45 PM
I'm not sure if this is already the case but could these meetings be filmed so people who cannot make it could still hear what has been said. I know the minutes are released but people are more likely to watch/ listen to a video than to read through the whole meeting.

C Feeney-Seale
23-02-2019, 08:39 AM
I'm not sure if this is already the case but could these meetings be filmed so people who cannot make it could still hear what has been said. I know the minutes are released but people are more likely to watch/ listen to a video than to read through the whole meeting.

I’ll pass on the suggestion on Monday night. I’ll also try to make my summary quite concise so it’s easy to skim through.

PatHead
23-02-2019, 08:44 AM

It was considered some time ago but as some of the discussions involve commercial sensitivity it was felt minutes were better.

Minutes do seem to have dried up though.

southsider
23-02-2019, 09:48 AM
I watched the game on tv last night and I thought our defending was, at times, abysmal.Their first goal came when they had only 10 men on the park. That is criminal. Then Miller 'score' with a header only to see it, lucky for us, chalked off. That should have been a warning but no we allow him the time and space to do the same thing minutes later and again it was ruled offside. I think we are amongst the worst in the league at defending corners and I hope Higgy can sort it out. Midfield to front we were good and Daryl seems to be improving, has great pace. The front 2 are starting to gell quite nicely but we need to cut out the defensive errors.

C Feeney-Seale
26-02-2019, 09:35 PM
Hi,

For those who are interested please see minutes below from last nights meeting:

Working Together 6.30pm - 25th February:

Fan Rep updates shared by Frank:

Frank confirmed he is standing again.
List of potential reps to be shared in next few days.

Full stand to be given to Celtic and Rangers until our demand for tickets increased. If we start to sell out Hibs will look at reducing their allocation in the future.
For Celtic cup game we had no choice due to cup ticket restrictions.

Season tickets will go on sale in the next few weeks.

Discussion on need to improve fan behaviour - number of songs heard in Dundee unacceptable, flares etc.

Ticketmaster - there was an upgrade done 21/02. The club now believe all issues should be resolved and encourage fans if they have issues going forward to screen shot error messages and let them know.

Club confirmed that media were wrong to quote that the manager doesn’t have final say on new players - he does.

We split into 3 groups to discuss suggestions for behind the goals, stadium improvements and comms. See below for behind the goals - I wasn’t part of the other two groups.
-publicise when it will be open
- open earlier so people can watch earlier games on tv
-improve service
- don’t have kids
-have smaller tables
-have less stewards to save costs
-make drinks cheaper and better variety
-share staff with hearts so always available and better trained
- show prices

Dates for diary:
Open day scheduled for 16th June.
Race night fundraiser bring arranged with date TBC.
Next working together 25th March.

bigwheel
26-02-2019, 09:36 PM
Hi,

For those who are interested please see minutes below from last nights meeting:

Working Together 6.30pm - 25th February:

Fan Rep updates shared by Frank:

Frank confirmed he is standing again.
List of potential reps to be shared in next few days.

Full stand to be given to Celtic and Rangers until our demand for tickets increased. If we start to sell out Hibs will look at reducing their allocation in the future.
For Celtic cup game we had no choice due to cup ticket restrictions.

Season tickets will go on sale in the next few weeks.

Discussion on need to improve fan behaviour - number of songs heard in Dundee unacceptable, flares etc.

Ticketmaster - there was an upgrade done 21/02. The club now believe all issues should be resolved and encourage fans if they have issues going forward to screen shot error messages and let them know.

Club confirmed that media were wrong to quote that the manager doesn’t have final say on new players - he does.

We split into 3 groups to discuss suggestions for behind the goals, stadium improvements and comms. See below for behind the goals - I wasn’t part of the other two groups.
-publicise when it will be open
- open earlier so people can watch earlier games on tv
-improve service
- don’t have kids
-have smaller tables
-have less stewards to save costs
-make drinks cheaper and better variety
-share staff with hearts so always available and better trained
- show prices

Dates for diary:
Open day scheduled for 16th June.
Race night fundraiser bring arranged with date TBC.
Next working together 25th March.

thanks for sharing - appreciated