PDA

View Full Version : Petition for fundamental change in the SFA.

Spike Mandela
21-02-2019, 09:44 AM
It’s worth a shot right?

https://www.change.org/p/scottish-football-association-fundamental-change-at-the-sfa?recruiter=769989106&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial.pacific_post_ sap_share_gmail_abi.gmail_abi&utm_term=psf_combo_share_initial.pacific_abi_gmail _send.variation.pacific_abi_select_all_contacts.se lect_all.pacific_email_copy_en_gb_4.v1.pacific_ema il_copy_en_us_3.control.pacific_email_copy_en_us_5 .v1.lightning_share_by_medium_message.control.ligh tning_2primary_share_options_more.control&recruited_by_id=d13054d0-8d5d-11e7-9987-5b1b20056a4c&utm_content=fht-13554632-en-gb%3Av5

Ozyhibby
21-02-2019, 09:56 AM
I’ve signed dozens of these over the years, waste of time. The SFA is run by the clubs. If we can’t get Hibs involved we are wasting our time. And as soon as you point that out you will be flamed on here for even suggesting that Hibs are part of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
21-02-2019, 10:02 AM
I’ve signed dozens of these over the years, waste of time. The SFA is run by the clubs. If we can’t get Hibs involved we are wasting our time. And as soon as you point that out you will be flamed on here for even suggesting that Hibs are part of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI've signed but I agree with this.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Diclonius
21-02-2019, 10:04 AM

:agree:

Until we have a chairman who doesn't have a vested interest in future SFA leadership our club will do and say nothing.

I haven't got an awful lot of time for Lennon since his departure, but the dignified silence™ following all the instances of abuse he got were shocking.

Chorley Hibee
21-02-2019, 10:23 AM
Correct, the first step in this is our own club growing a backbone and voicing their concerns over such matters.

The "dignified silence" the club has employed for countless years hasn't worked, and is tacit approval of everything we are presently witnessing.

Alas, there is no chance of this happening whilst Petrie and Dempster are here.

Ozyhibby
21-02-2019, 11:01 AM
Our last manager suffered constant sectarian abuse from their fans last season yet our response this season is to give them more tickets next time they visit? Why? Because our values are for sale, that’s why. They bring in money so we turn a blind eye. We can’t condemn the SFA or even the new Rangers board when we tolerate their behaviour in order to make a few quid.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2019, 11:05 AM
Our last manager suffered constant sectarian abuse from their fans last season yet our response this season is to give them more tickets next time they visit? Why? Because our values are for sale, that’s why. They bring in money so we turn a blind eye. We can’t condemn the SFA or even the new Rangers board when we tolerate their behaviour in order to make a few quid.

Exactly, the blue pound is much more important to our club than common decency.

mcfly
21-02-2019, 12:11 PM
Our last manager suffered constant sectarian abuse from their fans last season yet our response this season is to give them more tickets next time they visit? Why? Because our values are for sale, that’s why. They bring in money so we turn a blind eye. We can’t condemn the SFA or even the new Rangers board when we tolerate their behaviour in order to make a few quid

👍

Phil MaGlass
21-02-2019, 12:15 PM
Right enough, the club could have made a statement and not given them any tickets, until the songs stop. We would have been hammered by ghe SFA but it would be more damaging to them when it hit the worlds media about why we done it.
Infact the more I think about it, WHY do we sell them tickets, I know we are bound by a percentage but we should refuse them that percentage and make an almigh6 stink about it.

Ozyhibby
21-02-2019, 12:38 PM
Right enough, the club could have made a statement and not given them any tickets, until the songs stop. We would have been hammered by ghe SFA but it would be more damaging to them when it hit the worlds media about why we done it.
Infact the more I think about it, WHY do we sell them tickets, I know we are bound by a percentage but we should refuse them that percentage and make an almigh6 stink about it.

Never happen while Petrie is here.

silverhibee
21-02-2019, 12:41 PM

Exactly, the blue pound is much more important to our club than common decency.

Yip, and be assured they will see this as a victory and let us know about it when they come calling in there thousands, bet the f***ers aren't talking about boycotting us this time around, there will be a frenzy to get tickets for the game at ER to ram it down our throats that we buckled to them and that we need the blue pound, Petrie will get it tight and Leeann will be seen as the blue saviour for giving in to what they will think is one of there own and doing the right thing for the Rangers.

The battle has been lost, Rangers and Celtc are leading the race in who can be the nastiest f***ers in the league right now, we just have to accept it, our club does so we just need to fall in line and stop complaining and greeting about our mangers being abused, the f***ers pay good money and they can sing what they where they want and we can't/won't do nothing about it.

JeMeSouviens
21-02-2019, 12:43 PM

There's no set percentage.

I27 The Home club must make provision for the admission of such reasonable number
of visiting supporters at every home League Match and Play-Off Match as may be
agreed in advance with the Visiting Club and, in the event of their being unable to
agree such number not later than 14 days prior to the date of the League Match or
Play-Off Match in question, the number of visiting supporters allowed shall be
determined by the Board whose decision shall be final and binding.

Peevemor
21-02-2019, 12:46 PM
Never happen while Petrie is here.

OK, since you seem to be in the know, could you tell us what RP's precise thoughts are on all this?

Ozyhibby
21-02-2019, 12:51 PM
OK, since you seem to be in the know, could you tell us what RP's precise thoughts are on all this?

When it happens you can come back and say ‘told you it was nothing to do with Rod’ but as it’s not going to happen and we will remain silent about the abuse in return for 30 pieces of silver then I think I know well enough Rod’s thought on it.

Chorley Hibee
21-02-2019, 12:54 PM

The club's repeated silence on the issue, especially the sectarian abuse suffered by their own staff, is proof of their tacit approval.

Peevemor
21-02-2019, 12:56 PM
The club's repeated silence on the issue, especially the sectarian abuse suffered by their own staff, is proof of their tacit approval.

You're speaking about the club. I asked about Rod Petrie.

bawheid
21-02-2019, 12:57 PM

I’m not in the know and I’m certainly no Petrie basher as my posts over the years will testify. However I’m definitely of the view that Rod has his eyes on the prize when it comes to the SFA, and while that’s the case Hibs won’t do anything to rock the boat. Examples:

Failing to call out our Edinburgh neighbours’ increasing issue with sectarianism. Even when it’s aimed at our manager.
Stating that it was time everybody moved on instead of dealing with the dead Rangers and the SFA.
Refusing to do anything about the new Rangers fans singing sectarian songs at our home ground, instead increasing their ticket allocation.

Peevemor
21-02-2019, 12:58 PM
When it happens you can come back and say ‘told you it was nothing to do with Rod’ but as it’s not going to happen and we will remain silent about the abuse in return for 30 pieces of silver then I think I know well enough Rod’s thought on it.

I don't think you know any such thing.

Spike Mandela
21-02-2019, 01:01 PM

His unseemly haste to ‘move on’ from the independent inquiry requested by the SPFL into the SFA’s handling of the EBT scandal tells you all you need to know about his attitude towards scrutiny of SFA matters.

Peevemor
21-02-2019, 01:04 PM
I’m not in the know and I’m certainly no Petrie basher as my posts over the years will testify. However I’m definitely of the view that Rod has his eyes on the prize when it comes to the SFA, and while that’s the case Hibs won’t do anything to rock the boat. Examples:

Failing to call out our Edinburgh neighbours’ increasing issue with sectarianism. Even when it’s aimed at our manager.
Stating that it was time everybody moved on instead of dealing with the dead Rangers and the SFA.
Refusing to do anything about the new Rangers fans singing sectarian songs at our home ground, instead increasing their ticket allocation.

Why do you think Rod Petrie is involved with the SFA? Do you not think he does it more for Hibs' good than his own?

Peevemor
21-02-2019, 01:06 PM
His unseemly haste to ‘move on’ from the independent inquiry requested by the SPFL into the SFA’s handling of the EBT scandal tells you all you need to know about his attitude towards scrutiny of SFA matters.

You're speaking about the SFA. I asked about Rod Petrie.

Spike Mandela
21-02-2019, 01:06 PM
You're speaking about the SFA. I asked about Rod Petrie.

‘His’ refers to Rod Petrie.

Ozyhibby
21-02-2019, 01:08 PM
Why do you think Rod Petrie is involved with the SFA? Do you not think he does it more for Hibs' good than his own?

It can’t be good for Hibs having someone with so much influence at an organisation which is failing in every single area it operates like the SFA. I can see no benefit to Hibs in being associated with that level of failure.

Peevemor
21-02-2019, 01:12 PM
It can’t be good for Hibs having someone with so much influence at an organisation which is failing in every single area it operates like the SFA. I can see no benefit to Hibs in being associated with that level of failure.

Very good. Unless we go and play in another country, Hibs are associated whether we like it or not.

So as long as we're governed by these organisations, is it not better to have someone involved fto fight our corner?

Peevemor
21-02-2019, 01:15 PM
‘His’ refers to Rod Petrie.

No, that was Hibs.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-explain-backing-of-sfa-decision-on-rangers-tax-case-1-4557402

Ignore the photo, read the statement.

Ozyhibby
21-02-2019, 01:18 PM
Very good. Unless we go and play in another country, Hibs are associated whether we like it or not.

So as long as we're governed by these organisations, is it not better to have someone involved fto fight our corner?

Is he fighting our corner? Any examples? Meanwhile, when fans look at the absolute shambles that the SFA are, all they see is that one of the reasons is the Hibs chairman is one of the main movers and shakers. How is that good for us?
Amazingly, given how society is these days with a lot more tolerance everywhere, sectarianism in Scottish football has gotten worse over the last 10 years not better. That’s because it’s tolerated and in some cases encouraged.
And it’s happening on Petrie’s watch.

Chorley Hibee
21-02-2019, 01:21 PM

If he's solely interested in the good of Hibernian then why hasn't he spoken out on the various incidents mentioned previously?

Why did he also advocate moving on from the EBT scandal etc, an incident that had a profound negative effect on Hibernian via lost revenue etc?

Peevemor
21-02-2019, 01:24 PM
Is he fighting our corner? Any examples? Meanwhile, when fans look at the absolute shambles that the SFA are, all they see is that one of the reasons is the Hibs chairman is one of the main movers and shakers. How is that good for us?
Amazingly, given how society is these days with a lot more tolerance everywhere, sectarianism in Scottish football has gotten worse over the last 10 years not better. That’s because it’s tolerated and in some cases encouraged.

Petrie isn't President of the SFA and isn't even on the SPFL's board. But it's happening on his "watch"? :rolleyes:

Ozyhibby
21-02-2019, 01:30 PM
Petrie isn't President of the SFA and isn't even on the SPFL's board. But it's happening on his "watch"? :rolleyes:

I never mentioned the SPFL. If this is happening against Petrie’s will then the right thing for him to do would be to resign and speak out. But deep down you know that he is fine with it.

The 90+2
21-02-2019, 01:32 PM

Scottish Cup Final.

We beat the huns and they caused an uproar. Without Petrie rightly or wrongly (majory wrongly imo) fighting our battle we would have got massively hammered.

Peevemor
21-02-2019, 01:43 PM
If he's solely interested in the good of Hibernian then why hasn't he spoken out on the various incidents mentioned previously?

Why did he also advocate moving on from the EBT scandal etc, an incident that had a profound negative effect on Hibernian via lost revenue etc?

You do know that RP was on the SPFL board that called for the review of the Rangers EBT thing (but in which the SFA wanted no part)?

Here's one of the few times that RP's made a statement regarding Rangers off his own bat.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/18065520

Peevemor
21-02-2019, 01:44 PM
I never mentioned the SPFL. If this is happening against Petrie’s will then the right thing for him to do would be to resign and speak out. But deep down you know that he is fine with it.

I know nothing of the sort. Do you?

Keith_M
21-02-2019, 01:57 PM
Due to the inevitable bickering that's broken out, I've kind of lost track.

Should I sign the petition or not?

Spike Mandela
21-02-2019, 01:57 PM
You do know that RP was on the SPFL board that called for the review of the Rangers EBT thing (but in which the SFA wanted no part)?

Here's one of the few times that RP's made a statement regarding Rangers off his own bat.

Sporting integrity ha ha. That swiftly went out the window when scrutiny was required of the SFA in his capacity as vice president.

His scuttling about as go between between Stewart Regan and Charles Green regarding the secretive 5 way agreement means he is up to his neck in it. His desire to move on from any call for an independent inquiry suggests to me a man who has something to hide but of course if this is unfair I am sure he would welcome trasparency on the SFA’s dealings which up till now has remained elusive.

#2 Double Tap
21-02-2019, 02:04 PM
Scottish Cup Final.

We beat the huns and they caused an uproar. Without Petrie rightly or wrongly (majory wrongly imo) fighting our battle we would have got massively hammered.

and with petrie there was an almost silent defence when rangers and the media peddled a number of untruths and demonised us, hardly fighting our corner there. petrie has his good points but they are out weighted by his bad ones. He is supposed to be in the background now, with no influence, yet he still appears at press conferences or giving opinions to the media, he even managed to get involved with the NL situation, hardly a person who has given over control.

If they never appointed Leanne after the relegation petrie's time at hibs would surely have been up, he survived on the notion he was going to be having no influence on the running of the club, but he looks like the back seat driver. it is crazy on here how so many people defend petrie like he is a saint. if he thinks he will one day lead the sfa or spfl he is seriously deluded, and the people who think he holds any influence within those organisations are even more deluded. he is simply a pawn the old firm influencers play with.

Chorley Hibee
21-02-2019, 02:08 PM
Sporting integrity ha ha. That swiftly went out the window when scrutiny was required of the SFA in his capacity as vice president.

His scuttling about as go between between Stewart Regan and Charles Green regarding the secretive 5 way agreement means he is up to his neck in it. His desire to move on from any call for an independent inquiry suggests to me a man who has something to hide but of course if this is unfair I am sure he would welcome trasparency on the SFA’s dealings which up till now has remained elusive.

You beat me to it, but I couldn't have said it any better.

cabbageandribs1875
21-02-2019, 02:13 PM
nothing about sectarianism, ah well

The 90+2
21-02-2019, 02:13 PM
and with petrie there was an almost silent defence when rangers and the media peddled a number of untruths and demonised us, hardly fighting our corner there. petrie has his good points but they are out weighted by his bad ones. He is supposed to be in the background now, with no influence, yet he still appears at press conferences or giving opinions to the media, he even managed to get involved with the NL situation, hardly a person who has given over control.

If they never appointed Leanne after the relegation petrie's time at hibs would surely have been up, he survived on the notion he was going to be having no influence on the running of the club, but he looks like the back seat driver. it is crazy on here how so many people defend petrie like he is a saint. if he thinks he will one day lead the sfa or spfl he is seriously deluded, and the people who think he holds any influence within those organisations are even more deluded. he is simply a pawn the old firm influencers play with.

He done what was necessary to help the club against sanctions and complaints by another club and the media. Had we had acted like James Traynor's bunch it would have been us that looked like Wallies in the end and the penalties would have been much, much more severe imo.

Peevemor
21-02-2019, 02:15 PM
and with petrie there was an almost silent defence when rangers and the media peddled a number of untruths and demonised us, hardly fighting our corner there.

Hibs got off very lightly considering the accusations that were being made. The facts are that the fans shouldn't have been on the pitch, material damage was caused and Hibs got off very lightly.

Moan if you want though.

has his good points but they are out weighted by his bad ones. He is supposed to be in the background now, with no influence, yet he still appears at press conferences or giving opinions to the media, he even managed to get involved with the NL situation, hardly a person who has given over control.

He's the club chairman. Major announcements come from him - that's normal. An internal investigaton involving top level management was instigated at Hibs - as chairman he's the only person that could've headed that up.

If they never appointed Leanne after the relegation petrie's time at hibs would surely have been up, he survived on the notion he was going to be having no influence on the running of the club, but he looks like the back seat driver.

The appointment of Leeann (note the spelling) was announced months before we were relegated. He survived because his mate who owns the club is the only person that can sack him.

it is crazy on here how so many people defend petrie like he is a saint. if he thinks he will one day lead the sfa or spfl he is seriously deluded, and the people who think he holds any influence within those organisations are even more deluded. he is simply a pawn the old firm influencers play with.

It's crazy how many people on here treat Petrie as some sort of antichrist when they obviously don't have a clue what they're on about.

And for what it's worth, I've never held Petrie up as a saint, but I've seen no evidence to justify even a small percentage of the stick he gets on here.

#2 Double Tap
21-02-2019, 02:20 PM
It's crazy how many people on here treat Petrie as some sort of antichrist when they obviously don't have a clue what they're on about.

And for what it's worth, I've never held Petrie up as a saint, but I've seen no evidence to justify even a small percentage of the stick he gets on here.

not even Calderwood, fenlon or Collins???

Ozyhibby
21-02-2019, 02:34 PM
Scottish Cup Final.

Petrie saved us from nothing. We never got hammered because there is no strict liability and therefore the SFA did not have a leg to stand on. It’s the same for all clubs.

Chorley Hibee
21-02-2019, 02:39 PM

So he was interested in sporting integrity circa 2012 (despite the possible financial loss) only to then argue that a public enquiry circa 2018 was a financial cost too far.

So he's changed his mind on sporting integrity and transparency it seems, or perhaps it was to do with season ticket sales about to drop off a cliff around 2012 that forced his hand in making this faux stand.

Anyhow, it's apparent that sporting integrity and transparency are no longer of interest to him or Hibernian FC.

green day
21-02-2019, 02:52 PM
Hibs got off very lightly considering the accusations that were being made. The facts are that the fans shouldn't have been on the pitch, material damage was caused and Hibs got off very lightly.

Moan if you want though.

He's the club chairman. Major announcements come from him - that's normal. An internal investigaton involving top level management was instigated at Hibs - as chairman he's the only person that could've headed that up.

The appointment of Leeann (note the spelling) was announced months before we were relegated. He survived because his mate who owns the club is the only person that can sack him.

Your wasting your time, the "Petrie Bad" crowd are in full flow and nothing even vaguely reasoned will wash.

Everything good related to the club is nothing to do with him (Leean's work, obvs) and everything bad has its root at Rod Petrie - not only that but he is apparently responsible for everything bad at the SFA and is most probably a rugby loving mason who hates Catholics :thumbsup:

Being honest I do wonder just how he can be arsed continuing in his role, he cant need the cash, especially given the money he has presumably creamed off via the HSL ponzi scheme :wink:

HoboHarry
21-02-2019, 03:00 PM
Your wasting your time, the "Petrie Bad" crowd are in full flow and nothing even vaguely reasoned will wash.

Everything good related to the club is nothing to do with him (Leean's work, obvs) and everything bad has its root at Rod Petrie - not only that but he is apparently responsible for everything bad at the SFA and is most probably a rugby loving mason who hates Catholics :thumbsup:

Being honest I do wonder just how he can be arsed continuing in his role, he cant need the cash, especially given the money he has presumably creamed off via the HSL ponzi scheme :wink:
:tee hee:

green day
21-02-2019, 03:05 PM

We get you hate Rod Petrie, but this is just complete made up pish "........deep down you know that he is fine with it" - whats wrong with you?

marinello59
21-02-2019, 03:17 PM
So he was interested in sporting integrity circa 2012 (despite the possible financial loss) only to then argue that a public enquiry circa 2018 was a financial cost too far.

So he's changed his mind on sporting integrity and transparency it seems, or perhaps it was to do with season ticket sales about to drop off a cliff around 2012 that forced his hand in making this faux stand.

Anyhow, it's apparent that sporting integrity and transparency are no longer of interest to him or Hibernian FC.

Why didn’t Celtic take on the legal costs of an enquiry? They could well afford it but they backed off. Maybe the legal advice given on this was correct? :confused:
And why were fans of all clubs screaming ‘sporting integrity’ when it was Sevco but only Hibs fans were bothered about it when it was Hearts?

DarlingtonHibee
21-02-2019, 03:36 PM

Have you met Rod?

He's working for foc for hibs, and has been for a number of years.

He is the steady ship that we need

Leeann is running the club.

Ozyhibby
21-02-2019, 03:43 PM
Have you met Rod?

He's working for foc for hibs, and has been for a number of years.

He is the steady ship that we need

Leeann is running the club.

I wish he could steadily make us perform as well as St. Johnstone have these last ten years. Unfortunately, even with our large financial advantage over them he hasn’t been able to. Still, at least we are a steady ship.

silverhibee
21-02-2019, 04:06 PM
Petrie saved us from nothing. We never got hammered because there is no strict liability and therefore the SFA did not have a leg to stand on. It’s the same for all clubs.

This.

It was the SFA showpiece game, they were in charge of everything on the day, Hibs were never going to get hammered for the pitch invasion or anything else that happened in the ground, nobody done us any favours or backed our corner, we were getting of with it and the SFA just had to accept it.

HoboHarry
21-02-2019, 05:21 PM
Anyone know who the 4th official was at the Sevco game last night?

ancient hibee
21-02-2019, 05:24 PM
Was it Rod Petrie?

HoboHarry
21-02-2019, 05:38 PM
Was it Rod Petrie?
No, as long I haven't been given bad information I believe it was Barry Cook who was once a goalkeeper contracted to the old Rangers...... Ex Rangers player as an official in a Rangers game and yet morons like Kenny Clark will tell us there is no need for referees to publicly state their allegiances.....

Hibbyradge
21-02-2019, 05:48 PM
I came onto the board and thought that this thread might be interesting because I support the idea that something should be done.

However, it's descended into a borefest on the first page because Petrie haters have seized the opportunity to blame him yet again, so I'm not going to read anymore.

The idea that RP is somehow to blame for the continuation of the bigotry and sectarianism which has blighted Scottish football for nearly 150 years is laughable.

As is the suggestion that he could do/have done something to resolve it.

Ozyhibby
21-02-2019, 05:56 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190221/9e1611caa68c78c5fbf05b6b2ad36ced.jpg
This was last nights 4th official.

HoboHarry
21-02-2019, 05:57 PM

Yes I know - unreal isn't it? See my earlier post......

Stonewall
21-02-2019, 05:59 PM

For god’s sake it’s Leeann.

Ozyhibby
21-02-2019, 06:00 PM
I came onto the board and thought that this thread might be interesting because I support the idea that something should be done.

However, it's descended into a borefest on the first page because Petrie haters have seized the opportunity to blame him yet again, so I'm not going to read anymore.

The idea that RP is somehow to blame for the continuation of the bigotry and sectarianism which has blighted Scottish football for nearly 150 years is laughable.

As is the suggestion that he could do/have done something to resolve it.

I personally think it is the SFA who should be dealing with this by bringing in strict liability including points deductions. Rod has a senior position at the SFA. I also know the only way to change the SFA is to put pressure on the clubs as the SFA is the clubs. Rod is the chairman of the club.
As far as I can see, Rod is the person Hibs fans should be looking at if we want change on this issue (and many others).

JeMeSouviens
21-02-2019, 06:16 PM

Don't they normally wear a jacket over the Rangers tap?

Peevemor
21-02-2019, 06:57 PM
I personally think it is the SFA who should be dealing with this by bringing in strict liability including points deductions. Rod has a senior position at the SFA. I also know the only way to change the SFA is to put pressure on the clubs as the SFA is the clubs. Rod is the chairman of the club.
As far as I can see, Rod is the person Hibs fans should be looking at if we want change on this issue (and many others).

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou're getting yourself confused again. The SFA doesn't run the league therefore can't deduct points. The SPFL might be able to deduct points, but Rod Petrie is no longer on their board, but carry on blaming him if you want (you're obviously going to anyway).

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2019, 07:00 PM
I wish he could steadily make us perform as well as St. Johnstone have these last ten years. Unfortunately, even with our large financial advantage over them he hasn’t been able to. Still, at least we are a steady ship.

If in doubt, change argument.

Peevemor
21-02-2019, 07:12 PM
If in doubt, change argument.Somebody will mention Hitler eventually...

ancient hibee
21-02-2019, 07:14 PM
Somebody will mention Hitler eventually...

Wasn't Rod in Berlin?

Ozyhibby
21-02-2019, 07:18 PM
You're getting yourself confused again. The SFA doesn't run the league therefore can't deduct points. The SPFL might be able to deduct points, but Rod Petrie is no longer on their board, but carry on blaming him if you want (you're obviously going to anyway).

The SFA deal with all disciplinary issues.

HoboHarry
21-02-2019, 07:18 PM
Wasn't Rod in Berlin?
He was but Obersturmbannführer Petrie (as he was then known) was thrown out of the Gestapo for being too cruel......

Ozyhibby
21-02-2019, 07:20 PM
If in doubt, change argument.

It was in response to a specific point that Hibs need Petrie’s steady hand at the tiller.

ancient hibee
21-02-2019, 07:26 PM
He was but Obersturmbannführer Petrie (as he was then known) was thrown out of the Gestapo for being too cruel......

Was that when he went to Papa Doc's outfit in Haiti?

HoboHarry
21-02-2019, 07:29 PM
Was that when he went to Papa Doc's outfit in Haiti?

Naw you are all confused mate. RP refused to work for someone as liberal as Papa Doc.........

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2019, 07:33 PM
It was in response to a specific point that Hibs need Petrie’s steady hand at the tiller.

Fair dos.

Peevemor
21-02-2019, 07:36 PM
The SFA deal with all disciplinary issues.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThey govern the referees and thus player discipline. Points deductions are an SPFL matter.

Greenfly
21-02-2019, 09:37 PM
"The difficult part of writing about someone you don't admire is that it's easy to demonize them. All you get then is a cackling villain, twirling their moustache at every dastardly deed they commit" - Andrew Shaffer (Author)

Lago
21-02-2019, 09:48 PM
:agree:

Until we have a chairman who doesn't have a vested interest in future SFA leadership our club will do and say nothing.

I haven't got an awful lot of time for Lennon since his departure, but the dignified silence™ following all the instances of abuse he got were shocking.
They didn't exactly come with all guns blazing in his support, that disappointed me, cozy sit down with Mrs Budge was poor.

1875godsgift
21-02-2019, 09:53 PM
It’s worth a shot right?

https://www.change.org/p/scottish-football-association-fundamental-change-at-the-sfa?recruiter=769989106&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial.pacific_post_ sap_share_gmail_abi.gmail_abi&utm_term=psf_combo_share_initial.pacific_abi_gmail _send.variation.pacific_abi_select_all_contacts.se lect_all.pacific_email_copy_en_gb_4.v1.pacific_ema il_copy_en_us_3.control.pacific_email_copy_en_us_5 .v1.lightning_share_by_medium_message.control.ligh tning_2primary_share_options_more.control&recruited_by_id=d13054d0-8d5d-11e7-9987-5b1b20056a4c&utm_content=fht-13554632-en-gb%3Av5

Signed it.

Sammy7nil
21-02-2019, 11:14 PM
At 4,900 nearly there.

green day
21-02-2019, 11:23 PM
At 4,900 nearly there.

What happens when it reaches 5000?

Celebratory tweets?

Hibbyradge
21-02-2019, 11:41 PM
Unless I've read it wrong, that's not a petition.

It's a statement at best, but more like a rant.

It's not asking for anything, just complaining.

What's it trying to achieve?

son of haggart
22-02-2019, 11:58 AM
Unless I've read it wrong, that's not a petition.

It's a statement at best, but more like a rant.

It's not asking for anything, just complaining.

What's it trying to achieve?

Signed it - i see your point but anything that brings the issue forward has to be worthwhile - it will kill the game. I know at least one friend who has stopped going for this reason and I expect others will follow. We spend good money and if our teams are playing in a bent game we can't win it's understandable if fans drift away from the non OF teams

Levein has pointed out an interesting statistic, that despite being the 2nd biggest refereeing association, of the 145 cup finals only 3 (yes that's three!) have been refereed by a referee from Edinburgh

green day
22-02-2019, 12:01 PM
Signed it - i see your point but anything that brings the issue forward has to be worthwhile - it will kill the game. I know at least one friend who has stopped going for this reason and I expect others will follow. We spend good money and if our teams are playing in a bent game we can't win it's understandable if fans drift away from the non OF teams

Levein has pointed out an interesting statistic, that despite being the 2nd biggest refereeing association, of the 145 cup finals only 3 (yes that's three!) have been refereed by a referee from Edinburgh

Levein obviously reads The Herald :wink:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16114571.investigation-referees-blow-the-whistle-on-unrest/

Its a very good article and really shines a light on the reffing issue - worst bit (imo) is that one of our FIFA refs (I am sure you can guess) got on the list without reffing in the top league....................

son of haggart
22-02-2019, 12:06 PM
Levein obviously reads The Herald :wink:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16114571.investigation-referees-blow-the-whistle-on-unrest/

Its a very good article and really shines a light on the reffing issue - worst bit (imo) is that one of our FIFA refs (I am sure you can guess) got on the list without reffing in the top league....................

Ah right - thanks for that. Interesting indeed. It's part of a wider problem of course, but it would be good to have some independent input into the system - especially the compliance panel which surely could be taken outside Scotland and therefore freed from the pressure of making decisions with the 'Scottish' media already prejudging them.

green day
22-02-2019, 12:16 PM
Ah right - thanks for that. Interesting indeed. It's part of a wider problem of course, but it would be good to have some independent input into the system - especially the compliance panel which surely could be taken outside Scotland and therefore freed from the pressure of making decisions with the 'Scottish' media already prejudging them.

I am not really sure it needs to be taken outside of Scotland - just widening the net outside of Glasgow/Lanarkshire etc would give people some hope that that aspect wasnt fixed.

I had some Glaswegian tube on Twitter yesterday explaining to me that the reason there are no refs from Edinburgh is its all rugby orientated here:rolleyes:.

The major problem right now is that the way they operate has driven refs from the east central belt, south of scotland, east of scotland and the north of scotland out of the game - and hence allows them to say "well, there are only top refs from these 3 associations near Glasgow".

22-02-2019, 12:21 PM

Makes a change for Levein to point out something useful/interesting. Can't believe I totally agree with his comments quoted in the Evening News article about it and his VAR comments.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/too-much-reliance-on-referees-from-old-firm-heartlands-says-hearts-craig-levein-1-4876871

What's going on? After his sensible comment about the red card v Motherwell this makes it twice in 1 week he's talked sense. Has he been kidnapped and replaced by a doppelganger?

green day
22-02-2019, 12:26 PM
What's going on? After his sensible comment about the red card v Motherwell this makes it twice in 1 week he's talked sense. Has he been kidnapped and replaced by a doppelganger?

Must have got his hole - sure I saw a picture of Budge smiling this week too...................

Beefster
22-02-2019, 12:35 PM
Due to the inevitable bickering that's broken out, I've kind of lost track.

Should I sign the petition or not?

That’s a question only you can answer.

For me, it’s an abstract rant that doesn’t ask for anything in particular so I didn’t sign it.

22-02-2019, 12:40 PM
Must have got his hole - sure I saw a picture of Budge smiling this week too...................

:aok::top marks

Tornadoes70
22-02-2019, 12:49 PM
They didn't exactly come with all guns blazing in his support, that disappointed me, cozy sit down with Mrs Budge was poor.

Sitting down with Mrs Budge to discuss events was the correct action adopted by the board. Serious folk in positions of responsibility don't normally demonstrate headstrong or rash reactions.

Very civilly and properly they contacted Hearts probably with the view to investigating if Hearts could do more to help prevent such situations from occurring in the future.

I'm extremely content with the boards response and relieved that they refrain from - come with all guns blazing.

Boards are normally made up of professional folk who in all likelihood will conduct their business diplomatically through agreed channels and procedures while not acting as gung ho street-fighters very thankfully.

Mon the Cabbage!!!