PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBERNIAN ANNOUNCE PARTNERSHIP WITH VPZ

RSS Bot
20-02-2019, 07:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9743)

Carheenlea
20-02-2019, 07:16 PM
“Official Vaping Partner of Hibernian FC” - different :hilarious
Possibly some Hibs themed vape juice to come on the market soon..

Fuzzywuzzy
20-02-2019, 07:19 PM
Two scotch pies, a pizza, bovril and a strawberry vape please

Scouse Hibee
20-02-2019, 07:47 PM
Can’t stand that vaping **** around me, was happy to be free of cigarette smoke, now we have vapers blowing **** everywhere.

Phil MaGlass
20-02-2019, 07:50 PM
Vaping has been banned in places in Holland, just a matter of time until its banned in public places, not sure, but it seems it also has nicotine or something in it.

leither17
20-02-2019, 07:50 PM
It’s went down well on the Facebook post

DetroitHibs
20-02-2019, 07:53 PM
Hate having people vape near me :grr:

SRHibs
20-02-2019, 07:54 PM
Can I vape in the stand now?

Hermit Crab
20-02-2019, 07:55 PM
Can I vape in the stand now?

Seems like it.

Northernhibee
20-02-2019, 07:57 PM
Poor stuff.

Gaffer1875
20-02-2019, 07:58 PM
Against smoking completely but would rather be around a vapist (if that’s a word!) than an actual smoker. What’s worse, smoking in confined places, like the toilets at Parkhead!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarlingtonHibee
20-02-2019, 08:01 PM
Poor stuff.

This, doesn't seem right.

hibsquaker
20-02-2019, 08:03 PM
Very surprised by this. Thumbs down from me.

Zazu62
20-02-2019, 08:08 PM

There’s a Celtic and Rangers vape juice.

Stevie Reid
20-02-2019, 08:08 PM
Used an e-cig for five years after I stopped smoking, as am means for doing that I think they should be encouraged. Does feel a bit weird though.

Know loads of folk who would never have stopped without them.

Waxy
20-02-2019, 08:11 PM
Will power lessons would be better.

AltheHibby
20-02-2019, 08:16 PM
Very surprised by this. Thumbs down from me.

Same here.

Smartie
20-02-2019, 08:22 PM
Used an e-cig for five years after I stopped smoking, as am means for doing that I think they should be encouraged. Does feel a bit weird though.

Know loads of folk who would never have stopped without them.

I thought (pure opinion, based on nothing) that vaping had to be harmful and it was only going to be a matter of time before it was linked to all sorts of horrible diseases.

All of the evidence that currently exists suggests that not to be the case, and is significantly less bad for you than smoking. Vaping has been loosely linked to certain conditions such as popcorn lung but those links remain unproven and I think that any harm coming from vaping actually comes from the flavouring rather than anything else.

Vaping is probably the best aid that we've ever had to get people to give up smoking, so whilst this move for Hibs might initially raise a few eyebrows I'm totally in favour of it.

DetroitHibs
20-02-2019, 08:28 PM
On a personal level I just don't like smoking or vaping at all. In saying that, we did have Crabbies as a sponsor, which is alcohol and deemed bad for your health, and possibly worse than vaping.

The 90+2
20-02-2019, 08:29 PM
Let’s encourage kids to vape thinking it’s cool.

Good job Hibernian.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-02-2019, 08:29 PM
Presumably the club are not endorsing vaping at the match? Can’t see mention of it. Still comes inter smoking right?

Stevie Reid
20-02-2019, 08:30 PM
I thought (pure opinion, based on nothing) that vaping had to be harmful and it was only going to be a matter of time before it was linked to all sorts of horrible diseases.

All of the evidence that currently exists suggests that not to be the case, and is significantly less bad for you than smoking. Vaping has been loosely linked to certain conditions such as popcorn lung but those links remain unproven and I think that any harm coming from vaping actually comes from the flavouring rather than anything else.

Vaping is probably the best aid that we've ever had to get people to give up smoking, so whilst this move for Hibs might initially raise a few eyebrows I'm totally in favour of it.

I would have happily done it for longer, I enjoyed it and it only cost me about a tenner a month, but I did want to get away from being dependent on it.

The popcorn lung chat was a motivating factor too, as was the fact that you can’t say with absolute certainty that they’re not harmful.

I think they’ve been a wonderful creation though. They’ve undoubtedly extended the lives of many, many people. However, there will always be those who feel that people who have an addiction should suffer when they give up.

The 90+2
20-02-2019, 08:30 PM
On a personal level I just don't like smoking or vaping at all. In saying that, we did have Crabbies as a sponsor, which is alcohol and deemed bad for your health, and possibly worse than vaping.

You can’t get a killer disease based on passive drinking.

superbam
20-02-2019, 08:32 PM
Prob the most effective tool to wean people off cigarettes, so I've no issue with it. It's hard to oppose this yet be cool with us partnering with drinks companies, given the comparative levels of damage to people's lives.

In a football context, I much prefer the comforting waft of soapy hash to that of either fags or vape.

DetroitHibs
20-02-2019, 08:33 PM

You can damage organs though. Has it been proven that vaping can give you a killer disease?

Miss read the quote. No you can't get a disease from passive drinking and I'm 100% against people vaping in the ground.

Real Emerald
20-02-2019, 08:34 PM
They can GTF with vaping!

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-02-2019, 08:36 PM
There’s a Celtic and Rangers vape juice.

Made from oranges and sour grapes?

cabbageandribs1875
20-02-2019, 08:36 PM
oh dear

vaping, seriously :rolleyes:

smoking is about the actions as well, sticking something in your gub kidding on it's a fag is part of the action

will power, that is all :aok::cbunfortunately will power doesn't come in a packet but i done it 11 years ago...40/day to Zilch

Keith_M
20-02-2019, 08:39 PM
Can’t stand that vaping **** around me, was happy to be free of cigarette smoke, now we have vapers blowing **** everywhere.

:agree:

It's a total pain in the ar5e

Weegreenman
20-02-2019, 08:39 PM
Deary me, what is happening to our club? Slave to the money :cb

Keith_M
20-02-2019, 08:40 PM
You can damage organs though. ...

Through passive drinking?

Northernhibee
20-02-2019, 08:41 PM
Plus vapers look like they’re giving a robot a blowie.

DetroitHibs
20-02-2019, 08:44 PM
Through passive drinking?

I miss read the quote. I thought he meant light drinking, I get it now. And I wouldn't be for people vaping inside the ground, like I said, I hate that crap.

The_Horde
20-02-2019, 08:50 PM
oh dear

vaping, seriously :rolleyes:

smoking is about the actions as well, sticking something in your gub kidding on it's a fag is part of the action

will power, that is all :aok::cbunfortunately will power doesn't come in a packet but i done it 11 years ago...40/day to Zilch

I find it helps a lot of folk who miss the social element of smoking. Particularly when out at pubs/clubs and going outside for a puff and chat.

Doh Rae Me
20-02-2019, 08:50 PM
Patheticly backward decision by the club.

SRHibs
20-02-2019, 08:52 PM
MarathonBet will likely kill more men than vaping ever will. Not that 2 wrongs make a right.

erin go bragh
20-02-2019, 08:53 PM
some tests they done on mice recently( how they trained the mice to vape 😜joke ) , caused brain cancer as it altered their dna .
Not enough research on how safe vaping is .
Back in the day if you smoked low tar cigarettes, it was believed to be a bit safer but now they say the low tar ones were worse than full tar ones .

HappyAsHellas
20-02-2019, 08:54 PM
All these horrible vape people with their food flavouring and colouring - it should be banned!

DetroitHibs
20-02-2019, 08:59 PM
The club seriously didn't think this thru. This might appeal to the younger generation, but overall, I see this being viewed negatively.

They show the research about it helping people quit. How about the people that never smoked at all and just took up vaping. Not a very responsible thing to promote.

The_Exile
20-02-2019, 09:22 PM
Anything I need to smell that's been rattling about someone elses lungs before it gets to me can **** right off, absolutely ****ing minging behaviour.

I totally get the addictive stuff regarding smoking etc, but it's the starting of the smoking I just cannot get my head around, why would you start smoking/vaping in the first place?!!

SRHibs
20-02-2019, 09:26 PM
Anything I need to smell that's been rattling about someone elses lungs before it gets to me can **** right off, absolutely ****ing minging behaviour.

“Absolutely ****ing minging behaviour.” lol

The process of breathing is inherently minging then.

Doh Rae Me
20-02-2019, 09:34 PM
“Absolutely ****ing minging behaviour.” lol

The process of breathing is inherently minging then.

Smoke/chemicals into your lungs, yes.

SquashedFrogg
20-02-2019, 09:39 PM
Patheticly backward decision by the club.

Why? This is the same club who sell pies, pizza, chips, sweets and alcohol on match days. And promotes gambling.

Funny how people get quite selective when on their high horses.

SRHibs
20-02-2019, 09:45 PM
Smoke/chemicals into your lungs, yes.

He’s saying what comes out is minging. Carbon Dioxide isn’t very nice.

hibby6270
Haven’t noticed a comment yet from a current smoker, so here goes.

I was a smoker for 35 years and gave up by using patches and a fair bit of will power at age of 50. I was well pleased and did see and feel the genuine benefits to my life, not to mention my improving health.

However, I went through a period of severe depression and anxiety (work related) about 5 years ago. Upshot was a leave of absence from work for several months to get myself back on the straight and narrow. And yes - I succumbed again to the fags as a means to an end to keep me, what I thought, in a relaxed state of mind. I’ve smoked again for the past 4 years.

Now, because I had given up for over 5 years, I always thought it would be easy to give up again but I haven’t. So, to be positive about this link up with VPZ, it gives ma a we boot up the erky to think again about my smoking habit. I’m getting on in years and if I seriously want to see out the next 10-20 years of my life, I really need to do something about it.

A trip to a VPZ outlet to take up vaping as a substitute for the fags might just be on the cards. If it helps me stop the fags, the Hibs/VPZ link up will personally have been worth it.

To put a bit of context, I’m no fan of gambling (horses, football accas, fixed odds, etc) but I don’t bang on about our main sponsor being “the wrong fit” for the club. As someone else said, it’s the incoming money that’s important to the club these days. The club should be applauded for this link up rather than all you non smokers/non vapers rolling out your prejudices which are uncalled for.

SRHibs
Why? This is the same club who sell pies, pizza, chips, sweets and alcohol on match days. And promotes gambling.

Aye but that strawberry vapour smells pure minging mate. Absolute disgrace Hibs!

cabbageandribs1875
20-02-2019, 09:46 PM

I totally get the addictive stuff regarding smoking etc, but it's the starting of the smoking I just cannot get my head around, why would you start smoking/vaping in the first place?!!

it's quite baffling with the amount of facts available nowadays why on earth someone can be so ignorantly thick to start smoking

quick thought for youngsters, your lungs are your body's air filters....would you deliberately clog up your car air filter :hmmm: don't do it

SquashedFrogg
20-02-2019, 09:48 PM
Haven’t noticed a comment yet from a current smoker, so here goes.

I was a smoker for 35 years and gave up by using patches and a fair bit of will power at age of 50. I was well pleased and did see and feel the genuine benefits to my life, not to mention my improving health.

However, I went through a period of severe depression and anxiety (work related) about 5 years ago. Upshot was a leave of absence from work for several months to get myself back on the straight and narrow. And yes - I succumbed again to the fags as a means to an end to keep me, what I thought, in a relaxed state of mind. I’ve smoked again for the past 4 years.

Now, because I had given up for over 5 years, I always thought it would be easy to give up again but I haven’t. So, to be positive about this link up with VPZ, it gives ma a we boot up the erky to think again about my smoking habit. I’m getting on in years and if I seriously want to see out the next 10-20 years of my life, I really need to do something about it.

A trip to a VPZ outlet to take up vaping as a substitute for the fags might just be on the cards. If it helps me stop the fags, the Hibs/VPZ link up will personally have been worth it.

To put a bit of context, I’m no fan of gambling (horses, football accas, fixed odds, etc) but I don’t bang on about our main sponsor being “the wrong fit” for the club. As someone else said, it’s the incoming money that’s important to the club these days. The club should be applauded for this link up rather than all you non smokers/non vapers rolling out your prejudices which are uncalled for.

Well said.

dphibs
20-02-2019, 09:51 PM
Disgusting!! What a joke Hibs promoting any type of smoking to kids.

Clarence
Shan times

SquashedFrogg
it's quite baffling with the amount of facts available nowadays why on earth someone can be so ignorantly thick to start smoking

quick thought for youngsters, your lungs are your body's air filters....would you deliberately clog up your car air filter :hmmm: don't do it

Probably same reason people start drinking? Also blatantly bad for your health.

Wonder if youngsters think of their liver or heart?

LancsHibs
20-02-2019, 09:55 PM
Hibs class:bitchy:

danhibees1875
20-02-2019, 09:59 PM
I don't get the outrage, there is always a desire for us to have better commercial success when comparing our income to Aberdeen. I don't really see the point in having official partners in legal, vaping, car rental, etc but if it brings some money into the club then so be it.

As for vaping itself, I've not tried it but walking through a cloud of smoke that smells like strawberries is nicer than cigarette smoke. I'm sure it would become a pain on a frequent basis, but to my knowledge it's still not allowed when sitting in the stands.

500miles
20-02-2019, 10:03 PM
The evidence pretty strongly indicates that its a far better alternative to smoking, and it also appears that there isn't a passive vaping effect (possibly because vapour condenses on contact, whereas smoke goes right to the lungs)

I'd suggest the people it's marketed at - smokers - will see health benefits, and that's a good thing.

Doh Rae Me
20-02-2019, 10:05 PM
I smoked for over 20 years, gave up using will power. Different days I suppose as you could watch hurricane Higgins or Jocky Wilson puffing away on tv while playing in events sponsored by tobacco companies.
Big problem with vaping is youngsters are doing it without even being addicted to nicotine in the first place.
It's not a thing a football club should be seeking to make a profit out of as far as I'm concerned.

Lago
20-02-2019, 10:07 PM
Agree

patch1875
20-02-2019, 10:09 PM
Isn’t it possibly being linked to liver disease?

FitbaFolkKen
20-02-2019, 10:11 PM
Aye but that strawberry vapour smells pure minging mate. Absolute disgrace Hibs!

Good to see you've seen sense on this!

MSK
20-02-2019, 10:14 PM
I smoked for over 20 years, gave up using will power. Different days I suppose as you could watch hurricane Higgins or Jocky Wilson puffing away on tv while playing in events sponsored by tobacco companies.
Big problem with vaping is youngsters are doing it without even being addicted to nicotine in the first place.
It's not a thing a football club should be seeking to make a profit out of as far as I'm concerned.Its not all about nicotine now, if you visit a vape shop nowadays you will see stacks of 0% nicotine liquids, regulation recently also banned shops selling 24mg strength and shops now only stock 18/12/6 and 0% mg.

I know a few ex smokers who vape 0% nicotine liquid.

SquashedFrogg
20-02-2019, 10:15 PM
I don't get the outrage, there is always a desire for us to have better commercial success when comparing our income to Aberdeen. I don't really see the point in having official partners in legal, vaping, car rental, etc but if it brings some money into the club then so be it.

As for vaping itself, I've not tried it but walking through a cloud of smoke that smells like strawberries is nicer than cigarette smoke. I'm sure it would become a pain on a frequent basis, but to my knowledge it's still not allowed when sitting in the stands.

Gives people something to moan about now the manager situ is resolved. Seems it's acceptable for the club to promote alcohol and gambling though.

Greencore
20-02-2019, 10:17 PM

They already do sevco and celtc ones. Well not sure if it is them but they have them in their stores.

SquashedFrogg
20-02-2019, 10:18 PM
Isn’t it possibly being linked to liver disease?

Alcohol is. Very much so.

Doh Rae Me
20-02-2019, 10:21 PM
Its not all about nicotine now, if you visit a vape shop nowadays you will see stacks of 0% nicotine liquids, regulation recently also banned shops selling 24mg strength and shops now only stock 18/12/6 and 0% mg.

I know a few ex smokers who vape 0% nicotine liquid.

That I didn't know.

Michael
20-02-2019, 10:28 PM
You guys wanna rip some fat vapes?

Wembley67
20-02-2019, 10:30 PM
Let's sign up with B&H.. woohooo

The Modfather
20-02-2019, 10:31 PM
Not overly fussed by this, we’re always asking the board to come up with more creative ways to bring in more revenue.

However, I would be bothered if they allowed smoking within the stadium. Whatever the current rules are for smokers should be applied to vaping IMO. Vaping may or may not be harmful but either way I wouldn’t want someone vaping near me. It would be poor etiquette and selfish IMO to do so in the vicinity of others.

green day
20-02-2019, 10:32 PM
However, I would be bothered if they allowed smoking within the stadium. Whatever the current rules are for smokers should be applied to vaping IMO. Vaping may or may not be harmful but either way I wouldn’t want someone vaping near me. It would be poor etiquette and selfish IMO to do so in the vicinity of others.

Vaping is already banned

hibby6270
20-02-2019, 10:34 PM
Alcohol is. Very much so.

Absolutely.

To follow up my post earlier, I’m no great drinker. Certainly not the 2 or 3 pints before and after the game that a lot of fellow forumites “boast” about being essential to the Hibs watching experience. The same people who no doubt advocate the introduction of alcohol sales during games.

Whilst I’m not against anyone drinking, it’s affecting their liver, just the same as smoking affects my lungs. It’s a lifestyle choice!!

What I do have reservations about is the disruption to viewing pleasure(?) at ER by those who want to nip out for a slash or top up their personal beerometers during the game. Just remember that due to legislation that’s been in place now, for what - 20 years now? - I don’t inflict my smoking habit on anyone during a game. I accept that as the rule and I’d hope you drinkers out there would see why some supporters might object to alcohol in the ground(s) in Scottish football.

The Modfather
20-02-2019, 10:35 PM
Vaping is already banned

Perfect, as long as that doesn’t change then well done Hibs for thinking outsude of the box. Even if it’s sponsorship of something I don’t particularly like.

MSK
20-02-2019, 10:37 PM
Its funny that Vapourized (rebranded VPZ) have had adverts showing on concourse tv’s for well over a year but not a peep on here about it, then suddenly hibs announce a link up and it causes a stink, couldnae ****ing make it up 😆

hibby6270
20-02-2019, 10:40 PM
Not overly fussed by this, we’re always asking the board to come up with more creative ways to bring in more revenue.

Exactly my point in above post. I accept it (as a smoker), so everyone else should.

If you want to smoke, drink, take drugs, throw flares and so on during a game, do it as much as you like in the privacy of your own home whilst watching a game on TV. Don’t inconvenience the majority who’ve paid good money to watch the game live.

The_Horde
20-02-2019, 11:01 PM
Its funny that Vapourized (rebranded VPZ) have had adverts showing on concourse tv’s for well over a year but not a peep on here about it, then suddenly hibs announce a link up and it causes a stink, couldnae ****ing make it up 😆

Marathon bet (gambling company) - "best sponsor ever, absolutely doesn't ruin lives."

Eden Mill (alcohol company) - "oh hibs branded gin, I'll have 4 please. 3 to drink and 1 to keep. Nobody ever lost their life to alcohol right?"

VPZ (ecig company) - outrageous, Deary me.

Pretty Boy
20-02-2019, 11:13 PM
When it comes to sponsorship football, or sport in general really, has never taken any moral high ground.

Snoking, gambling, alcohol and whatever else has all been aimed at fans and at least 2 of those things I mentioned have been, or continue to be, aggressively marketed at those with addictions.

I don't really like any of those things being promoted by Hibs but we are where we are with it. Long term vaping could prove to the the 'cure' for smoking and promoting it will be a great thing or like dozens of other things before it there will be long term consequences uncovered and we'll look like a generation of erseholes. Time will tell.

As it is we promote alcohol, promote gambling so we may as well have the set.

Forza Fred
21-02-2019, 12:11 AM
The evidence pretty strongly indicates that its a far better alternative to smoking, and it also appears that there isn't a passive vaping effect (possibly because vapour condenses on contact, whereas smoke goes right to the lungs)

I'd suggest the people it's marketed at - smokers - will see health benefits, and that's a good thing.

My concern though is that young impressionable supporters will take vaping up as their heroes are seen to be endorsing it now.

They will think it is ‘cool’ and ...even the Hibs say it’s ok.......they will suggest.

I think the club have got 98% of decisions right in recent times, but I think this one falls in the 2% bucket.

Not a game breaker, but a decision that I wish Hibs had not made.

The_Horde
21-02-2019, 12:15 AM
My concern though is that young impressionable supporters will take vaping up as their heroes are seen to be endorsing it now.

They will think it is ‘cool’ and ...even the Hibs say it’s ok.......they will suggest.

I think the club have got 98% of decisions right in recent times, but I think this one falls in the 2% bucket.

Maybe they'll just drink loads of gin and waste all their wages betting with marathon bet instead.

I never go a day without drinking Carlsberg and Whyte & Mackay right enough.

500miles
21-02-2019, 12:29 AM

I stay fairly close to Porty and Holyrood high. Seen plenty of kids sneaking fags, yet to see one with a vape. I'd imagine it's a question of ease of access/ distribution. And if kids who were going to smoke choose to vape instead, that's still a net benefit on what would have been, based on the difference in damage the current research suggests .

Would there be an outcry if the club linked up with a nicotine patch company, or would it be treated as promotion of a healthy choice? Does the same thing, getting folk off cigarettes. Would we worry about kids getting their hands on Hibs branded nicotine patches?

monktonharp
21-02-2019, 01:50 AM
a good woman is fine, but a good smoke is a good smoke.

DetroitHibs
21-02-2019, 02:30 AM
I think the split in opinions is probably due to vaping being a fairly new "vice" We've had booze, and gambling for ever and it's just a "normal" part of society, where vaping isn't yet. We promote gambling through the club, which I think is actually worse. Entire families can be affected by that, some dude smoking some fruity vape really doesn't affect anyone but himself.

As long as it's not permitted in the stadium and stands, it's really not that big of a deal.

Squealing pig
21-02-2019, 06:11 AM
Mon the vapours 💨

MSK
21-02-2019, 06:44 AM
I stay fairly close to Porty and Holyrood high. Seen plenty of kids sneaking fags, yet to see one with a vape. I'd imagine it's a question of ease of access/ distribution. And if kids who were going to smoke choose to vape instead, that's still a net benefit on what would have been, based on the difference in damage the current research suggests .

Would there be an outcry if the club linked up with a nicotine patch company, or would it be treated as promotion of a healthy choice? Does the same thing, getting folk off cigarettes. Would we worry about kids getting their hands on Hibs branded nicotine patches?I think, vape shops are heading away from cheap kits such as starters for £20 etc. This is a move, along with 0% nicotine (as mentioned above) to prevent kids from acquiring vaping equipment. Cheap kits are exactly that and I would doubt any youngster would be vaping long term using them. A few Porty high kids walk past my house daily, I have seen plenty with cigs and none with vapes. I doubt though whatever sponsorship/link up hibs have with VPZ is gonna make much difference to them.

Hibee Mac
21-02-2019, 07:40 AM
As long as they don't let people vape inside the ground, does my head in even walking next to someone in the street blowing out cherry flavoured guff into my face.

They've not thought this through very well as this is very much encouraging kids/younger people that vaping is okay. No one on the planet knows if it's okay and no one will for decades, people used to think fags were fine for ages

Diclonius
21-02-2019, 07:55 AM
Marathon bet (gambling company) - "best sponsor ever, absolutely doesn't ruin lives."

Eden Mill (alcohol company) - "oh hibs branded gin, I'll have 4 please. 3 to drink and 1 to keep. Nobody ever lost their life to alcohol right?"

Exactly. They should all be banned.

mcfly
21-02-2019, 08:07 AM
Don’t agree with this - we shouldn’t be encouraging this product.

It’s still got nicotine in it, how does anyone know it’s safer?

They’ve only been around a few years, there has to be damage done to your lungs,

Poor show hibs....bad choice

SouthMoroccoStu
21-02-2019, 08:07 AM
Is it wrong that I want to find out how much we’re getting for this sponsorship before I decide if I’m for or against it?

green day
21-02-2019, 08:12 AM
They’ve only been around a few years, there has to be damage done to your lungs

Did I miss the scientific papers on this?

JimboHibs
21-02-2019, 08:14 AM
On a side note i do miss the smell of weed in the old east terrace.

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2019, 08:17 AM
As long as they don't let people vape inside the ground, does my head in even walking next to someone in the street blowing out cherry flavoured guff into my face.

They've not thought this through very welln as this is very much encouraging kids/younger people that vaping is okay. No one on the planet knows if it's okay and no one will for decades, people used to think fags were fine for ages

It's not encouraging kids anymore than Marathon bet, Eden Mills are. What about the club punting wine? Lost a family member through drink. Regularly see folk pissed up at games making an arse of themselves. Should I be offended? I watched a video of SJM (hero to kids) mixing up Hibs gins last season. Is this a good thing?

Then you've got the unhealthy food aspect at ER. See countless kids munching away on pizza, chips and all sorts of crap.

On top of that, kids have to listen to abusive, foul language each week.

But none of this is an issue?

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2019, 08:17 AM
On a side note i do miss the smell of weed in the old east terrace.

Lol still get it out the back at HT

Allant1981
21-02-2019, 08:18 AM
At the end of the day it's income for the club, they are not telling fans to go out and start vaping, the same as they don't say go out and get hammered on gin and go for a bet at the bookies, if the product was illegal then yes could see the outcry. What companies do people think we should be getting money from?

scooby
21-02-2019, 08:20 AM
Let’s encourage kids to vape thinking it’s cool.

Good job Hibernian.

That was my first thought too, crazy decision.

JimboHibs
21-02-2019, 08:21 AM
Lol still get it out the back at HT

Getting nostalgic & off topic but that smell of stale smoke and weed oddly reminds me of happy times at ER lol.

HFC93
21-02-2019, 08:23 AM
Apparently this is the new thing for folk to get their knickers in a twist about, now the managerial situation is sorted.

mcfly
21-02-2019, 08:49 AM
Did I miss the scientific papers on this?

That’s the point there are none - it takes years of research to see damage done. So how can they say they are safe

You wait and see the damage in 10 years time

scoopyboy
21-02-2019, 08:50 AM
Is it wrong that I want to find out how much we’re getting for this sponsorship before I decide if I’m for or against it?

Cynical old me thought exactly the same.

Multi million pound deal then I'm all for it, however can't see it amounting to much to be honest.

Poor call by Hibs IMO

SRHibs
21-02-2019, 09:04 AM
That’s the point there are none - it takes years of research to see damage done. So how can they say they are safe

You wait and see the damage in 10 years time

Well, there are loads of studies. Yeah, we can’t see into the future, but scientists can determine what is highly likely to happen based on the ingredients in the liquid mixture. It’s as close to being a fact as possible that vaping is far less dangerous than smoking cigarettes.

Brooster
21-02-2019, 09:12 AM
This isn't Hibs Marketing and Sales teams finest moment.

CropleyWasGod
21-02-2019, 09:36 AM
This isn't Hibs Marketing and Sales teams finest moment.

Those in the vaping company's marketing team might disagree 😉

Keith_M
21-02-2019, 09:50 AM
I miss read the quote. I thought he meant light drinking, I get it now. And I wouldn't be for people vaping inside the ground, like I said, I hate that crap.

🤗

My_Wife_Camille
21-02-2019, 09:51 AM

The two best posts on the topic imo. Absolutely spot on, especially the bit about selective high horses.

Hibernia&Alba
21-02-2019, 09:57 AM
What's in those vape things anyway?

MSK
21-02-2019, 10:05 AM
What's in those vape things anyway?E-juice or vape juice is a mixture of water, food grade flavouring, a choice of nicotine levels 18/12/6 or zero nicotine, and propylene glycol (PG) or vegetable glycerin (VG)

Hibernia&Alba
21-02-2019, 10:08 AM
E-juice or vape juice is a mixture of water, food grade flavouring, a choice of nicotine levels 18/12/6 or zero nicotine, and propylene glycol (PG) or vegetable glycerin (VG)

Impressive knowledge :greengrin

As long as there's nothing in the smoke which can harm others, I don't have a problem with them being used.

MSK
21-02-2019, 10:12 AM

As long as there's nothing in the smoke which can harm others, I don't have a problem with them being used.Its easy to read from the bottle in my hand 😆

Diclonius
21-02-2019, 10:12 AM
The two best posts on the topic imo. Absolutely spot on, especially the bit about selective high horses.

I don't think we should be advertising drinking, gambling or smoking/vaping. I imagine a number of here would agree with me.

Hibernia&Alba
21-02-2019, 10:15 AM
I don't think we should be advertising drinking, gambling or smoking/vaping. I imagine a number of here would agree with me.

Are you a Scottish Calvinist? :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
21-02-2019, 10:27 AM

As long as there's nothing in the smoke which can harm others, I don't have a problem with them being used.

... and that's another possible can of worms.

IIRC, Hibs also have a "partnership" with a couple of motor companies. You know, cars, that belch out carcinogenic fumes and the like.

:devil:

Hibernia&Alba
21-02-2019, 10:35 AM
... and that's another possible can of worms.

IIRC, Hibs also have a "partnership" with a couple of motor companies. You know, cars, that belch out carcinogenic fumes and the like.

:devil:

Fair point. All future sponsorship must be cleared with the council of elders of the Scottish Amish, for possible moral corruption.

CropleyWasGod
21-02-2019, 10:37 AM
Fair point. All future sponsorship must be cleared with the council of elders of the Scottish Amish, for possible moral corruption.

... and then there's the "partnership" with a firm of lawyers.

I rest my case. :rolleyes:

hughio
21-02-2019, 10:39 AM
Are you a Scottish Calvinist? :greengrin

He's just sensible.The world doesn't need that addictive stuff.Hibs tarnish the club by assosciation.

Diclonius
21-02-2019, 10:41 AM
He's just sensible.The world doesn't need that addictive stuff.Hibs tarnish the club by assosciation.

People can do what they want but we shouldn't be promoting it.

Geo_1875
21-02-2019, 10:41 AM

There is no smoke. Heating the liquid creates vapour, hence the name, Vaping.

MyJo
21-02-2019, 12:38 PM
Fans:- why can't we compete with Hearts and Aberdeen in the wages we pay, we need to think of more ways to generate revenue.

Hibs:- Donate to HSL to help the playing budget like Hearts and Aberdeen fans do.

Same Fans:- do I not already pay enough for my season ticket, I'm not giving my money to them, I don't trust that all my money will reach the team despite what the chief executive tells us, Ponzi scheme, PETRIE!!!!! We need to think of other ways to generate more money, we're a massive club and people would be lining up to be associated with us.

Hibs:- we've got a new sponsorship agreement with VPZ

Same Fans again:- what a ridiculous thing to do, how could you stoop so low, is there anything you wouldn't do for money, WONT SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN DAMMIT, PETRIEEEEEE!!!!!!

Rangers:- We've got a full stand again for the game at Easter Road.

Same Fans once more:- Putting money ahead of the fans, disgusting way to treat us, It's not all about the money you know Petrie!

Hibs:- We would like to sign Marc McNulty permanently but we can't afford it.

Same Fans, yet again:- just give Reading the £1m they want, its outrageous a club of our size can't afford to buy the players we want, why don't we have enough money!

Hibs:- .............................*sigh*

Hibernia&Alba
21-02-2019, 12:40 PM
There is no smoke. Heating the liquid creates vapour, hence the name, Vaping.

I stand corrected - vapour. Personally, I don't see it as a problem. If they help people stop smoking, that has to be a good thing, provided there is no threat from passive inhalation.

My_Wife_Camille
21-02-2019, 12:50 PM
Fans:- why can't we compete with Hearts and Aberdeen in the wages we pay, we need to think of more ways to generate revenue.

Hibs:- Donate to HSL to help the playing budget like Hearts and Aberdeen fans do.

Same Fans:- do I not already pay enough for my season ticket, I'm not giving my money to them, I don't trust that all my money will reach the team despite what the chief executive tells us, Ponzi scheme, PETRIE!!!!! We need to think of other ways to generate more money, we're a massive club and people would be lining up to be associated with us.

Same Fans again:- what a ridiculous thing to do, how could you stoop so low, is there anything you wouldn't do for money, WONT SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN DAMMIT, PETRIEEEEEE!!!!!!

Same Fans once more:- Putting money ahead of the fans, disgusting way to treat us, It's not all about the money you know Petrie!

Same Fans, yet again:- just give Reading the £1m they want, its outrageous a club of our size can't afford to buy the players we want, why don't we have enough money!

Is it the same fans?

Diclonius
21-02-2019, 01:02 PM

There has been no discernible change in the budget this year despite record ST sales, which is half the reason why people are annoyed at the point in bold.

The VPZ thing is an entirely separate matter which would stand whether or not it meant losing out on money. There are plenty of other sponsorship agreements we can enter into, preferably not one that may serve as a gateway to cigarette smoking in children (https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2428954). If we entered a sponsorship deal with a cigarette company (which thankfully we can't) then would fan outrage just be moaning for the sake of moaning too?

ekhibee
21-02-2019, 01:12 PM
I stopped smoking after having smoked since I was 14, and moved on to vapes. It worked for me, but might not for others. I don't smoke or vape at all now. I wouldn't agree with it being allowed at football matches, and personally, when I was smoking, and vaping, I like to think I was considerate and not smoking in a non-smokers house, in busy public places, etc. But I can't be bothered with hypocrites who can't handle their drink and escape criticism as opposed to smokers who genuinely make an effort to be considerate. A lot of people conveniently seem to ignore that fact. Not specifically pointing the finger at anybody on here though. Just my opinion.

Lendo
21-02-2019, 01:15 PM
I thought this was some embarrassing **** when I saw the pictures of Rangers and Celtic with their 'Official Vaping Partners'. Gutted we have stooped to this level.

mcohibs
21-02-2019, 01:17 PM
No more ethically wrong than having a partnership with Carlsberg, Whyte and Mackay, Crabbies, Eden Mill, Marathon Bet the list goes on.

VPZ’s whole marketing message is about getting people to stop smoking and it offers a solution to do that for many people.

Shanksaidno
21-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Not happy about this at all .... not hibs class in any manner

Allant1981
21-02-2019, 01:22 PM
Not happy about this at all .... not hibs class in any manner

Why not?

MyJo
21-02-2019, 01:22 PM
There has been no discernible change in the budget this year despite record ST sales, which is half the reason why people are annoyed at the point in bold.

Really?

Paid a fee for Kamberi.
Paid a fee for Mallan.
Paid a fee for Horgan.
Paid a fee for Bigirimana.
Willing to pay a fee for MacLaren after his loan spell.
Willing to pay a reasonable fee for McNulty.
Willing to pay a reasonable fee for Allan.

We've had four players on loan from English Premiership teams, one from the top of the English championship, one from Sporting Lisbon, and one who was playing against AC Milan and Juventus in Serie A earlier this season.

Yet you can't see how our budget has increased on the back of season ticket sales?

Hibernia&Alba
21-02-2019, 01:28 PM
No more ethically wrong than having a partnership with Carlsberg, Whyte and Mackay, Crabbies, Eden Mill, Marathon Bet the list goes on.

VPZ’s whole marketing message is about getting people to stop smoking and it offers a solution to do that for many people.

That's how I see it, too. We all make different judgement calls on these things. Of course there is the issue of addiction with alcohol and gambling, yet the majority who partake don't experience those problems. Certainly sponsorship from a vape company is no worse than those; indeed it could be argued that, by helping smokers to give up, they are helping people in a way drink does not. There are certainly ethical dilemmas involved when taking money from certain sponsors.

Andy.1875
21-02-2019, 02:02 PM
All this vape talk.

I think I'm turning Japanese. :rolleyes:

Peevemor
21-02-2019, 02:04 PM
All this vape talk.

I think I'm turning Japanese. :rolleyes:

You really think so?

SonOfDavidFrancey
24-02-2019, 07:58 AM
https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/hibs-rangers-celtic-three-strangest-15875697

Kojock
24-02-2019, 08:09 AM
I found it ironic that a few folk were chucked out at half time on Friday night for smoking in the toilet.

Sammy7nil
24-02-2019, 09:16 AM

No but you can get battered, stabbed or robbed by drunk people. Around 70% of all crimes are committed by people under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Ask A & E staff what they think?

Sammy7nil
24-02-2019, 09:19 AM
Really?

Paid a fee for Kamberi.
Paid a fee for Mallan.
Paid a fee for Horgan.
Paid a fee for Bigirimana.
Willing to pay a fee for MacLaren after his loan spell.
Willing to pay a reasonable fee for McNulty.
Willing to pay a reasonable fee for Allan.

We've had four players on loan from English Premiership teams, one from the top of the English championship, one from Sporting Lisbon, and one who was playing against AC Milan and Juventus in Serie A earlier this season.

Yet you can't see how our budget has increased on the back of season ticket sales?

Aye but, but :greengrin:wink::top marks