PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Dreams

Dashing Bob S
20-02-2019, 10:59 AM
Dreamt last night we threw away a 5-2 lead at St Mirren to draw 6-6. (Shades of Motherwell some seasons back.) I know there’s nothing more boring than other people’s dreams so do feel free to spare the details but on a general point: does anybody else actually dream about Hibs?

Hibernia&Alba
20-02-2019, 11:06 AM
I did this thread ages back :aok:

I've had many, including playing in the team. I remember scoring a belter at ER in a 1-1 draw against Dundee United. :greengrin

Had a dream a few years back where I was sent off against Celtic. Ridiculous decision :greengrin

Had numerous dreams of being in the crowd, watching games. We were in the Champions League in one of them.

we are hibs
20-02-2019, 11:10 AM
Had a dream about a week before the cup final against hearts that we won and invaded the pitch but for some reason it was at parkhead. Seen someone chuck a corner flag at paul hartley and stokes was playing for us and was stretchered off after 2 minutes and we won 6-4.

That's the only time I recall dreaming about hibs. Most of my football related dreams I was playing in them

NAE NOOKIE
20-02-2019, 12:43 PM
I've had quite a few Hibs related dreams over the years, but as another poster said, if I dream about football I tend to be playing. I used to have a recurring dream where I was inches from connecting with the ball to score a goal, but the pitch was a quagmire and I could never quite get close enough to the ball to make contact because I was slipping in the mud.

Horrible :confused:

G15 Hibs
20-02-2019, 01:30 PM
I regularly have dreams in which I'm trying to get to Easter Road for a match but keep on getting held up one way or another. Or when I get there my seat (typically in the old East Stand) is in such a ridiculously awkward position that I can't see the pitch. Probably something in there for Freudians.

southsider
20-02-2019, 01:57 PM
I regularly have dreams in which I'm trying to get to Easter Road for a match but keep on getting held up one way or another. Or when I get there my seat (typically in the old East Stand) is in such a ridiculously awkward position that I can't see the pitch. Probably something in there for Freudians.

Roll a Silver Dollar
Nothin’s what it seems
Will invade ur mind at midnight
And give u Hibee dreams.
Gonna wear a green shirt
And things were looking up
When along with David Grey
We went to lift the Cup.

Kato
20-02-2019, 03:18 PM
Had a dream a few years back where I was sent off against Celtic. Ridiculous decision :greengrin

I saw that match in my Hibs dream and you deserved that red card, in fact the ref should have sent you off earlier.

HoboHarry
20-02-2019, 03:27 PM
I often hope that I dream of Diane Lane wearing nothing but a Hibs top but I never do. Sigh.........

nonshinyfinish
20-02-2019, 04:47 PM
I regularly have dreams in which I'm trying to get to Easter Road for a match but keep on getting held up one way or another. Or when I get there my seat (typically in the old East Stand) is in such a ridiculously awkward position that I can't see the pitch. Probably something in there for Freudians.A textbook anxiety dream. I've had a version of that before every single cup final. The psychologist fodder in mine is that it's never my fault that I'm late, always someone else and I'm getting increasingly raging.

I have a semi-recurring dream where I'm watching a Hibs game but somehow end up on the pitch playing. Weirdly the one I remember vividly was a rerun of the first game at Ibrox after McLeish left – I think the actual game finished 1–1, but in my dream we did them 3–0 despite me having a bit of a shocker. More in there for the psychologists, team always comes first it would seem.

Dashing Bob S
20-02-2019, 05:21 PM
I did this thread ages back :aok:

I've had many, including playing in the team. I remember scoring a belter at ER in a 1-1 draw against Dundee United. :greengrin

Had numerous dreams of being in the crowd, watching games. We were in the Champions League in one of them.

Ah apologies. Missed that one. Must have been asleep.

CRAZYHIBBY
20-02-2019, 06:22 PM
I had a dream years ago that Frank sauzee gave me the ball to take a penalty ... thing is i was in a car park with loads of people and he had a german accent whilst commetary was going on and i had to hit a metal shutter.......i missed and he started shouting imbecile at me........it was one of those dreams that it never occurred to you to question anything

20-02-2019, 06:22 PM
I only once had a dream of playing for Hibs.
The 57/58 season the night before the Hearts v Hibs Scottish Cup tie I dreamt I played in the game and scored 4 goals and Hibs won 4:3!
As you will all remember that was the final score and the fabulous Joe Baker scored all 4 goals.!

greenlex
20-02-2019, 06:40 PM
A textbook anxiety dream. I've had a version of that before every single cup final. The psychologist fodder in mine is that it's never my fault that I'm late, always someone else and I'm getting increasingly raging.

I have a semi-recurring dream where I'm watching a Hibs game but somehow end up on the pitch playing. Weirdly the one I remember vividly was a rerun of the first game at Ibrox after McLeish left – I think the actual game finished 1–1, but in my dream we did them 3–0 despite me having a bit of a shocker. More in there for the psychologists, team always comes first it would seem.

Textbook anxiety eh. I have one similar. Not Hibs related but it’s golf. I’m usually having the round of my life when I’ll either have a horrendous lie that I have trouble playing and never get to actually play the shot or I’ll be trying to tee the ball up on the tee and it keeps falling off just before I go to hit it and again never play the shot. I guess it may be about never finishing things and/or being a perennial underachiever. :rolleyes:

Twiglet
20-02-2019, 08:27 PM
I had a dream the Tuesday night before the cup final. I dreamt that we won the match and the rangers fans were quick to leave. We were presented the cup and they then announced that we'd been locked in as the rangers fans were rioting around the area outside Hampden and they were waiting on them to disperse and get the situation under control.
The players did several laps around the pitch and they got to the end of the last song (for some reason I decided it was about 45 minutes/1 hours worth of songs) and David Gray got to the place where I was standing (north stand - in my dream I was closer to the end of the pitch than I actually was that day, but not far off which meant I had a bit of an "oh, this is pretty much where I was in my dream" moment when I sat down on 21/05).
Gray had the cup in his hand above his head and Paul Hanlon was standing beside him. When the song finished David Gray kind of shrugged and looked round towards the SFA officials who were at the other side of the pitch trying to find out what to do as the fans still weren't allowed out. The players disappeared (literally, didn't know where they went, they were there 1 minute and gone the next).
The fans were getting really uncomfortable and eventually the SFA announced over the tannoy that we could all go on the pitch to sit and stretch our legs. We were sitting there and they brought us sandwiches, for some reason they included Dairylee ones which I took.

I have no idea what time kick-off was in the dream as this took hours and it was still bright like it was 3 in the afternoon.

I'd gone for a wander at one point (well jumped from the seats to just inside the stand) and there was one of the photographers taking the photo for the front or back of the paper the next day which was of the locked doors and one of the stewards checking it was locked securely.

It was such a bizarre dream, but a bit prophetic in some ways.