PDA

View Full Version : Bigger allocation for the Old Firm

The 90+2
20-02-2019, 09:28 AM
It seems the "experiment" has now ended and Rangers have an increased amount of tickets for our next match.

Souter96Mac
20-02-2019, 09:51 AM
Might just be at first to gauge interest? If current 3 home stands are selling well, then the south will be available?

HibeeHibernian4
20-02-2019, 10:02 AM
Where you reading this out of interest? Obviously for Celtic in the QF we have to give them the full stand, but haven't read anything about Rangers getting more yet.

JXM73
20-02-2019, 10:07 AM
Hibs cant sell the home end, just give em the whole stand..

we are hibs
20-02-2019, 10:08 AM
They've been given the full stand. Hun mate said he got an email from rangers ticketing scheme saying they've been given an increased allocation.

Considering the bottom half of the South stand was near enough full the last time we played them I think this is a poor decision. 600 extra hibs fans and 1500 less bigots would give us more of an advantage in the game.

houstonhibbee
20-02-2019, 10:08 AM
Might just be at first to gauge interest? If current 3 home stands are selling well, then the south will be available?
Agreed, think that’s just the same as recent process. Sell home stands first and if we sell out reasonably quickly then give half of south to hibs fans

The 90+2
20-02-2019, 10:11 AM

Huns have tickets sold already and have a lot more than last time.

Diclonius
20-02-2019, 10:17 AM
The board holding the home fans in high regard then. Pathetic.

Hibernia&Alba
20-02-2019, 10:18 AM
Disappointed with this, if correct. They give us what, 900? They should get no more.

Nevi_SOL
20-02-2019, 10:21 AM
No chance this should be happening!

bigwheel
20-02-2019, 10:21 AM
if we can't fill our end , I don't see any reason to not offer them more...

it did make a difference having less of them mind you!

H18S NX
20-02-2019, 10:23 AM
Gutted tbo,giving into that lot,i know the board needs the weedge finances,but do we fans ever come first?

houstonhibbee
20-02-2019, 10:32 AM
We should give them the minimum and put them in the top corner. All 500of them. Regardless.

Antifa Hibs
20-02-2019, 10:34 AM
Give them 2500. Bridges the gap between money lost and having less of them here. Leave the other 1500 seats empty.

Small team mentality giving them a fifth of the ground IMO. Fair play to Aberdeen, the only club with any balls that has cut their allocation and stuck to it.

we are hibs
20-02-2019, 10:36 AM
Since 2014 Celtic and rangers have had their allocation halved 4 times. Hibs have only lost 1 game. Considering we need as many points as possible to finish top 6 why would we give them an advantage? Unless the board don't think top 6 is achievable..

B.H.F.C
If we don’t sell out the home stands then we can hardly complain.

Much preferred it with them having a reduced allocation though.

Hibernia&Alba
Gutted tbo,giving into that lot,i know the board needs the weedge finances,but do we fans ever come first?

The bottom line usually wins out. Motherwell, to their credit, listened to their support and reduced the OF from two stands to one, despite never selling all the tickets. 900 is ample; giving them the whole stand always sticks in my craw, when they never give us enough.

houstonhibbee
20-02-2019, 10:39 AM
Give them 2500. Bridges the gap between money lost and having less of them here. Leave the other 1500 seats empty.

Small team mentality giving them a fifth of the ground IMO. Fair play to Aberdeen, the only club with any balls that has cut their allocation and stuck to it.
I don’t see any logic in that
if we’re going to concede the whole stand may as well maximize the return. 2500 v 3500 won’t make much difference noise wise but is a lot of money

Hibernia&Alba
20-02-2019, 10:40 AM

I'm sure Motherwell have.

MrRobot
20-02-2019, 10:42 AM
Couldn't care less about ticket allocation. If we aren't selling out, make more money from them and have more huns watch us (hopefully) pump them. :agree:

K.Marx
20-02-2019, 10:47 AM
I'm sure Motherwell have.

There were Huns in their main stand and behind goal the last time they played there

Hibernia&Alba
20-02-2019, 10:51 AM
There were Huns in their main stand and behind goal the last time they played there

They used to get both stands behind the goals, but Motherwell cut that to the away stand every other club gets, and I know that was the situation for a number of years. Perhaps the policy has changed again?

pacoluna
20-02-2019, 10:59 AM
Think we hit our peak last season attendance-wise.

The 90+2
20-02-2019, 11:01 AM

We had a great chance to build continuity on the past 2 seasons which is now going to bite us on the bum attendance wise for a good little while now.

pacoluna
20-02-2019, 11:03 AM
We had a great chance to build continuity on the past 2 seasons which is now going to bite us on the bum attendance wise for a good little while now.

I honestly don't think it could have got much higher.

It's hard to build continuity when your a selling a club, that's the reality .

Phil MaGlass
20-02-2019, 11:05 AM
We need to maximise revenue, and, pay Lennon off :-), cant remember which game we withheld tix (sellik)? and we didnt sell out South. Nae excuse, if we cant sell the south out then we should be maximising income, on saying that, there was a distinct difference in the noise level from visiting fans.

The 90+2
20-02-2019, 11:14 AM

Yeah, fair point.

The 90+2
20-02-2019, 11:15 AM
We need to maximise revenue, and, pay Lennon off :-), cant remember which game we withheld tix (sellik)? and we didnt sell out South. Nae excuse, if we cant sell the south out then we should be maximising income, on saying that, there was a distinct difference in the noise level from visiting fans.

Also you have to take into consideration the board will see us realistically in the bottom six.

Phil MaGlass
20-02-2019, 11:19 AM
We wont finish in the bottom 6 though

Brummie_Hibs
20-02-2019, 11:19 AM
Back to the old crawling up to the OF, catering for all their whims, with our tails between our legs.

The Huns will be loving this.

MWHIBBIES
20-02-2019, 11:20 AM
Our own fault. Sensible business decision because our own fans have stopped bothering.

The 90+2
20-02-2019, 11:22 AM
We wont finish in the bottom 6 though

In your own opinion. The board have a responsibility to take everything into consideration though and I would imagine for them top 6 will now be an added bonus.

GreenCastle
20-02-2019, 11:27 AM
If true this is poor from Hibs.

Last time there were a few threads saying how much better it was at both old firm games with less away fans both in the local area and less noise in the stadium.

Have the board given up on Top 6 and just want to make a little ££ ?

Stuff this like makes us look weak and we should be making more efforts to entice our own fans back rather then annoying them by doing what suits the west coast bigots.

Jock O
20-02-2019, 11:29 AM

Which teams in Scotland aren't selling clubs currently?

Beefster
20-02-2019, 11:29 AM
Only right that we try to keep The Rangers sweet now that Celtc aren't speaking to us.

Billy Whizz
20-02-2019, 11:36 AM

Last time there were a few threads saying how much better it was at both old firm games with less away fans both in the local area and less noise in the stadium.

Stuff this like makes us look weak and we should be making more efforts to entice our own fans back rather then annoying them by doing what suits the west coast bigots.

Celtic we have to give due to Scottish Cup rules, but if we can’t sell the south for Hibs fans, we’re as well taking the revenue in my opinion
If we can sell the south to Hibs fans, now that’s a different story

HibeeHibernian4
20-02-2019, 11:36 AM
Very disappointed with it. Our record against the Old Firm since cutting them down to half a stand speaks volumes.

Full stand:
Hibs 2-2 Celtic
Hibs 1-2 Rangers
Hibs 2-1 Celtic

Half stand:
Hibs 5-5 Rangers
Hibs 2-0 Celtic
Hibs 0-0 Rangers

Steven79
20-02-2019, 11:41 AM
Celtic we have to give due to Scottish Cup rules, but if we can’t sell the south for Hibs fans, we’re as well taking the revenue in my opinion
If we can sell the south to Hibs fans, now that’s a different story

Exactly! It's all very well having principles but that does not pay the players wages and as much as I would rather give them half the stand if we aren't filling the other half then it's just throwing money away....

Sir David Gray
20-02-2019, 11:41 AM
From a business point of view it makes sense, from a sporting point of view it is extremely disappointing.

Springbank
20-02-2019, 11:42 AM
Very disappointed with it. Our record against the Old Firm since cutting them down to half a stand speaks volumes.

Full stand:
Hibs 2-2 Celtic
Hibs 1-2 Rangers

Half stand:
Hibs 2-1 Celtic
Hibs 5-5 Rangers
Hibs 2-0 Celtic
Hibs 0-0 Rangers

i'd have more sympathy for this view if folk had turned up in big numbers v Raith etc

Then you'd be saying to the board "but our fans aren't fickle, they turn up through thick and thin in equally large numbers"

But too many of our fans are part time

The Spaceman
Shame, both supports are very vocal when they have a whole stand, but with half a stand you can hardly hear them which is a big advantage to us. Disappointing and not looking forward to hearing the party songs in full flow in the near future :rolleyes:

Steven79

Full stand:
Hibs 2-2 Celtic
Hibs 1-2 Rangers

Half stand:
Hibs 2-1 Celtic
Hibs 5-5 Rangers
Hibs 2-0 Celtic
Hibs 0-0 Rangers

Rather than blaming the board blame all the fans that aren't turning up as last season we would have filled our half easily.

Diclonius
20-02-2019, 11:49 AM
Rather than blaming the board blame all the fans that aren't turning up as last season we would have filled our half easily.

We sold tickets in the South against Hamilton. We'd easily take a large number v Celtic and Rangers.

Ridiculous from the board.

Frazerbob
20-02-2019, 11:54 AM
Disappointed by this. I’ve always argued for a reduced allocation, even with the financial hit. It’s about giving the players the best chance of winning on the day and letting the uglies know that we don’t simply bend over to them as they think we should.

Steven79
20-02-2019, 11:55 AM
We sold tickets in the South against Hamilton. We'd easily take a large number v Celtic and Rangers.

The tickets have been on sale since the 28th of January (at least) and plenty are still left for sale with just over two weeks left before the game.

It would be throwing money away opening up half the south to home fans when it's likely at the very least the top tier would remain empty.

Me I would give them even less than half the stand but Hibs fans need to buy tickets in return and they simply have not done it.

matty_f
20-02-2019, 11:56 AM
Do we know how much more of an allocation we've given them or has it been confirmed anywhere yet?

Blaster
20-02-2019, 12:01 PM

We’ll be lucky to sell out our own 3 stands

HibeeHibernian4
20-02-2019, 12:01 PM
i'd have more sympathy for this view if folk had turned up in big numbers v Raith etc

Then you'd be saying to the board "but our fans aren't fickle, they turn up through thick and thin in equally large numbers"

But too many of our fans are part time

I don't think I blamed the board in my post. By saying I was disappointed with 'it', I was referring to the fact they're getting an increase in tickets.

If you ever have the misfortune of reading over the numerous loyalty point debates we've had on this forum, you'll see pretty quickly that I have no problem at all in bemoaning fans who only seem to be able to find Easter Road/the Roseburn when the weather is fair.

Lago
20-02-2019, 12:03 PM
Our own fault. Sensible business decision because our own fans have stopped bothering.
Correct, that's the reality óf Scottish football dominated by 2 clubs.

B.H.F.C
20-02-2019, 12:04 PM
What would be most disappointing, IMO, is if Hibs just do it without making any mention of it. That seems to be the way of it these days when there is anything negative to communicate.

If they came out and gave a justification or acknowledged it then fair enough.

Steven79
20-02-2019, 12:04 PM
We’ll be lucky to sell out our own 3 stands

I would be very surprised if they sell-out.

We still out-number them and it's our job to drown them out and help our team over the line.

Brightside
20-02-2019, 12:08 PM
I'm sure the Fans Reps would have told us before the Rangers fans were told?

Blaster
20-02-2019, 12:09 PM
I would be very surprised if they sell-out.

We still out-number them and it's our job to down them out and help our team over the line.

Absolutely mate. I was delighted when we reduced their allocation previously as it meant there was an extra 500-1000 hibs fans attending the games

However it’s looks to me very unlikely that any of our fans are going to miss out so sensible decision.

SquashedFrogg
20-02-2019, 12:09 PM

Did we sell our full allocation in the South for the Celtic game in September?

NAE NOOKIE
20-02-2019, 12:11 PM
Back to the old crawling up to the OF, catering for all their whims, with our tails between our legs.

The Huns will be loving this.

Well, maybe the Huns will indeed be loving this. But at the end of the day who is to blame for that?

It was the fans who clamoured for Sevco and Celtic to get a reduced allocation backed up by increased attendances at Easter Road. For months now the crowds have been dropping off with many season ticket holders just not turning up to support the team and that was happening months before the Neil Lennon saga, so that isn't a factor IMO. It is also a fact that we barely sold half of our south stand allocation for the last 3 visits from the ugly sisters and we still had empty seats in the 3 'home' stands.

As I recall when we met Sevco in the Championship play off it was the first time we experimented with cutting their allocation. We had a team well capable of overturning the 2 goal deficit from the first leg and we proved that by battering the buggers for 90 minutes, even if we did fall short in the end. Hibs reward for listening to the fans and cutting the Sevco allocation that day to as few as we could was a turn out from our fans of less than 14,000 even though it was a huge and winnable game for the club.

Instead of us battering the club over this perhaps it would be better to ask Leeann Dempster to stand in the middle of Leith Walk with a megaphone and shout to the 140,000 who turned up to watch the cup parade …. C'MON, WHERE ARE YOU, WHERE ARE YOU !!! ….. because if we are going to cut away allocations its up to the fans to make it viable and worthwhile … as things stand we aren't doing that.

We can talk about morals all we like, but at the end of the day the people running Hibs have a duty to maximise the clubs income, and as a board they would be abdicating that responsibility by turning away paying fans, even odious pricks like Sevco have following them. We have set a precedent in the last couple of seasons and there's nothing to stop us cutting their allocation in the future.

There's been a lot of complaining lately from some quarters about the club not listening to the fans. Well this is a situation where the club did listen to the fans and their reward for it as far as I can see is the fans failing to hold up our end of the bargain.

I'll end by saying that as part of the 12 or so thousand who did turn up for that play off second leg I've never been more proud to be part of a Hibs support, the reaction to the team which began 5 minutes from the end made the hairs stand up on the back of your neck …. I'd settle for that same 12,000 being our home support at every game.

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2019, 12:11 PM

Thats a belter. :faf::top marks

The 90+2
20-02-2019, 12:14 PM
Thats a belter. :faf::top marks

:greengrin

Gloucester Hibs
20-02-2019, 12:16 PM

Full stand:
Hibs 2-2 Celtic
Hibs 1-2 Rangers

Half stand:
Hibs 2-1 Celtic
Hibs 5-5 Rangers
Hibs 2-0 Celtic
Hibs 0-0 Rangers

Totally agree with the point you're making, but I think for the 2-1 victory over Celtic last season we gave the smellies the entire away end? :dunno:

Steven79
20-02-2019, 12:18 PM
Totally agree with the point you're making, but I think for the 2-1 victory over Celtic last season we gave the smellies the entire away end? :dunno:

Yeah they had the full end as it was too short notice while Rangers only got half.

Frazerbob
20-02-2019, 12:23 PM

Haha good one!

lyonhibs
20-02-2019, 12:26 PM
People always get so exercised about this topic. If attendances over the past few months gave LD et al good reason to believe that we'd fill 3.5 stands then nothing would have changed. Whether we agree or not, swathes of empty seats that could've been sold = money down the drain, something that no football club in Scotland can afford to do.

Plus "a larger allocation" might just mean a block or 2 more, not the whole stand (if that's actually possible with segregation within the stand etc).

Either way, it'll just mean more of them looking glum after we scud them on the 9th of March :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
20-02-2019, 12:28 PM
If folk are so concerned that giving the bigots the full south helps their team more than having half it would then there's a simple solution. We will still outnumber them three to one even if only 12,000 Hibbies turn up …. so get behind the team and make a noise that reflects that numerical superiority instead of sitting on your bloody hands for 90 minutes or waiting until we are 2 - 0 up before joining in with a bloody song.

we are hibs
20-02-2019, 12:29 PM

Maybe if the product on the park hadn't been as poor all season then they would have turned up. Works both ways.

NAE NOOKIE
20-02-2019, 12:33 PM
People always get so exercised about this topic. If attendances over the past few months gave LD et al good reason to believe that we'd fill 3.5 stands then nothing would have changed. Whether we agree or not, swathes of empty seats that could've been sold = money down the drain, something that no football club in Scotland can afford to do.

Plus "a larger allocation" might just mean a block or 2 more, not the whole stand (if that's actually possible with segregation within the stand etc).

Either way, it'll just mean more of them looking glum after we scud them on the 9th of March :agree:

:agree: …. Indeed, my only regret from the night we spanked the Yams 6 - 2 was that because they were having one of their periodic boycotts against ticket prices which only ever appear to happen when their team is pish, there wasn't more of them in the stadium to witness the humiliation first hand :greengrin

RMQ1967
20-02-2019, 12:34 PM

Full stand:
Hibs 2-2 Celtic
Hibs 1-2 Rangers

Half stand:
Hibs 2-1 Celtic
Hibs 5-5 Rangers
Hibs 2-0 Celtic
Hibs 0-0 Rangers

Common sense decision by Hibs & it should stay that way until we can consistently attract 18k home fans. We shouldn't be relying on less noise by the away support to win games. We'll win by playing better football and getting the home crowd excited. 3600 quiet away fans won't be a factor.

Liberal Hibby
20-02-2019, 12:38 PM
Is this official? Or just a rumour from some random the Rangers fan?

hibee
20-02-2019, 12:41 PM
I’m sure Hibs would be happy to cut their allocation if we were going to sell them but that’s not the case so let’s just take their money.

Billy Whizz
20-02-2019, 12:44 PM
Is this official? Or just a rumour from some random the Rangers fan?

It’s not on sale on Hibs website to buy, so must be something in it
Maybe our uptake is slow, and we don’t think we will sell out our own 3 stands

Gloucester Hibs
20-02-2019, 12:46 PM
Common sense decision by Hibs & it should stay that way until we can consistently attract 18k home fans. We shouldn't be relying on less noise by the away support to win games. We'll win by playing better football and getting the home crowd excited. 3600 quiet away fans won't be a factor.

Seems daft to scrap it at this stage though, why not let the experiment play out over the entire season and re-assess then? As it stands we're undefeated with the OF allocation halved.

Frazerbob
20-02-2019, 12:48 PM
Maybe if the product on the park hadn't been as poor all season then they would have turned up. Works both ways.

So it’s Neil Lennon’s fault then! 😉

Steven79
20-02-2019, 12:49 PM
Seems daft to scrap it at this stage though, why not let the experiment play out over the entire season and re-assess then? As it stands we're undefeated with the OF allocation halved.

Our half of the stand would likely be more or less empty and it's not worth losing money.

Against Aberdeen it would have made financial sense to give them the whole stand as well as they would have more of a dent in it that we did as I think we have only filled the upper tier in a few home games this season in the south.

HibeeHibernian4
20-02-2019, 12:50 PM

Sorry, my mistake, you are indeed correct. Will edit to amend it now.

Fife-Hibee
20-02-2019, 12:53 PM
Any amount of seats we give them are too many. Give them the absolute bare minimum we need to give them like they do to us and stick them in the bottom corner of the south.

Frazerbob
20-02-2019, 12:56 PM
More seats we give them = more seats broken

LaMotta
20-02-2019, 12:57 PM
They used to get both stands behind the goals, but Motherwell cut that to the away stand every other club gets, and I know that was the situation for a number of years. Perhaps the policy has changed again?

Dont remember Motherwell ever giving stands behind both goals to Huns and Tims:confused:

gorgie greens
if we can't fill our end , I don't see any reason to not offer them more...

it did make a difference having less of them mind you!

Wish it was not the case but money talks

KeithTheHibby
I am not sure how any fans can have many complaints about this.

We cut their allocation last time around, we didn't sell all our tickets.
Our attendances haven't been great since and I reckon the club will have taken that into account when making this decision.

You can't say the club didn't give us the opportunity.

I also think the club are taking into account the possibility of us not making the top six therefore losing a home game against Hearts and Celtic. 3500 fans at £30 a pop is a lot of cash.

Gatecrasher
20-02-2019, 01:05 PM
If the hibs supporters aren't buying tickets I can't see what the problem is.

Peevemor
20-02-2019, 01:06 PM
Any amount of seats we give them are too many. Give them the absolute bare minimum we need to give them like they do to us and stick them in the bottom corner of the south.

And potentially lose out on £80-90k?

MyJo
20-02-2019, 01:09 PM
If we want the old firm to not get the full south stand when they come and visit then more of the 30,000 people that go to Hampden for cup finals or line the streets of Edinburgh when we are parading a trophy need to be turning up for these games as well.

Sir David Gray
20-02-2019, 01:18 PM

Excellent idea let's tell them it's the 9th March so they turn up a day late. :greengrin

MacGruber
20-02-2019, 01:47 PM
I'm not getting the drama with this. Surely it is simple.

Hibs sell tickets to hibs supporters in the 3 home stands, if sell quickly and projected to sell out then sell more in the South and cut the away teams allocation (only necessary with old firm/Hearts/Aberdeen I would imagine. Other teams don't fill the South anyway.

If Hibs fans aren't attending in sufficient numbers and not selling out the home end then sell as many tickets as possible in the away stand. Fortunately, Old firm/Hearts and Aberdeen sell the whole stand in this situation. Great - money to club.

Hearts games i would view slightly differently and as long as each club is giving over a whole stand then that works for everyone.

If hibs fans don't like the old firm getting the full stand then it is up to us collectively to be filling out the home end and showing the club the demand is there to sell more to us in the South

I'm putting my name forward to be a fans rep

Nakedmanoncrack
20-02-2019, 01:50 PM
Well, maybe the Huns will indeed be loving this. But at the end of the day who is to blame for that?

It was the fans who clamoured for Sevco and Celtic to get a reduced allocation backed up by increased attendances at Easter Road. For months now the crowds have been dropping off with many season ticket holders just not turning up to support the team and that was happening months before the Neil Lennon saga, so that isn't a factor IMO. It is also a fact that we barely sold half of our south stand allocation for the last 3 visits from the ugly sisters and we still had empty seats in the 3 'home' stands.

As I recall when we met Sevco in the Championship play off it was the first time we experimented with cutting their allocation. We had a team well capable of overturning the 2 goal deficit from the first leg and we proved that by battering the buggers for 90 minutes, even if we did fall short in the end. Hibs reward for listening to the fans and cutting the Sevco allocation that day to as few as we could was a turn out from our fans of less than 14,000 even though it was a huge and winnable game for the club.

Instead of us battering the club over this perhaps it would be better to ask Leeann Dempster to stand in the middle of Leith Walk with a megaphone and shout to the 140,000 who turned up to watch the cup parade …. C'MON, WHERE ARE YOU, WHERE ARE YOU !!! ….. because if we are going to cut away allocations its up to the fans to make it viable and worthwhile … as things stand we aren't doing that.

We can talk about morals all we like, but at the end of the day the people running Hibs have a duty to maximise the clubs income, and as a board they would be abdicating that responsibility by turning away paying fans, even odious pricks like Sevco have following them. We have set a precedent in the last couple of seasons and there's nothing to stop us cutting their allocation in the future.

There's been a lot of complaining lately from some quarters about the club not listening to the fans. Well this is a situation where the club did listen to the fans and their reward for it as far as I can see is the fans failing to hold up our end of the bargain.

I'll end by saying that as part of the 12 or so thousand who did turn up for that play off second leg I've never been more proud to be part of a Hibs support, the reaction to the team which began 5 minutes from the end made the hairs stand up on the back of your neck …. I'd settle for that same 12,000 being our home support at every game.

:agree:

cabbageandribs1875
20-02-2019, 01:51 PM

=higher repair bill sent to the shameless glib liar and his s cummy club

.Sean.
20-02-2019, 01:58 PM
**** off. What a cop out

cabbageandribs1875
20-02-2019, 02:01 PM

all of this :agree: i boak that even one of those bigoted sectarian runts are allowed in our stadium

green day
20-02-2019, 02:52 PM
Fans "Cut the allocation for Rangers/Celtic, we hate them! "

Club "ok but if we dont sell out it might cost us"

Fans "screw the old firm! "

Fans "Why cant we sign Scott Allan in January?"

Club "well, we are about £150,000 short of what we need to buy him now"

Fans "Petrie / Dempster" "Ambition" "Ponzi scheme"

etc, etc etc

p.s. I was in favour of cutting the allocation, always good to wind up the huns - but when you see the gaps it really doesnt make any sense. It was kinda up to us to replace the lost orcs?

Not In The Know
20-02-2019, 03:02 PM

it was good but will get bigger due to an increasing population.

Onion
20-02-2019, 03:04 PM
Since 2014 Celtic and rangers have had their allocation halved 4 times. Hibs have only lost 1 game. Considering we need as many points as possible to finish top 6 why would we give them an advantage? Unless the board don't think top 6 is achievable..

Interesting stats and it was obvious the last game that the cut allocation helped the team and the home fans. As such, this is clearly a financial decision by Hibs - favouring the extra money over the team's prospects. Bit sad !

Keith_M
20-02-2019, 03:04 PM
It seems the "experiment" has now ended and Rangers have an increased amount of tickets for our next match.

Makes perfect sense, as the last attempt was a complete failure.

I think it was well intentioned but very unfortunate in the timing.

lyonhibs
20-02-2019, 03:23 PM
Excellent idea let's tell them it's the 9th March so they turn up a day late. :greengrin

Hahaha outpedanted. Damn. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
20-02-2019, 03:26 PM
Dont remember Motherwell ever giving stands behind both goals to Huns and Tims:confused:

Aye, the Davie Cooper Stand used to be given to the Old Firm (but no other teams) until the 'Well fans campaigned to get it changed. Now they only get the normal away end, even though the DC doesn't sell out.

JimBHibees
20-02-2019, 03:30 PM
They've been given the full stand. Hun mate said he got an email from rangers ticketing scheme saying they've been given an increased allocation.

Considering the bottom half of the South stand was near enough full the last time we played them I think this is a poor decision. 600 extra hibs fans and 1500 less bigots would give us more of an advantage in the game.

Poor decision IMO last game was much better atmosphere because of reduced. Giving them extra tickets especially on a friday night is imo not a great idea.

Mick O'Rourke
20-02-2019, 03:30 PM

Very likely

Aberdeen have just "billed" sevco for damage to 200 seats at the recent game.

Any increase in allocation means a likely increase (and cost) in stewards.

However,i do not see stewards being a real deterrent to those that will vandalise.
It need more cops to police the South and doing their job.
Not standing in the corners,where most usually are, watching the game.
First rendition of the fenian b. song should result in plod doing what should be done.

I hold my breath !

For me, the less of them in the stadium the better.

I do not hold that view with any other club's support.

Carheenlea
20-02-2019, 04:03 PM
Very likely

However,i do not see stewards being a real deterrent to those that will vandalise.
First rendition of the fenian b. song should result in plod doing what should be done.

I hold my breath !

Given the size of the away section at Pittodrie that’s an very high percentage of Rangers fans breaking seats. Plus, given that it would have been an all standing affair they’d need to make a concerted effort to break them. Vandalism at away grounds from both Old Firm clubs appears to be on the rise, so it’s not the best time to be considering increasing their allocations.

HibbySpurs
20-02-2019, 04:20 PM
As much as I have no love for either side of the OF the club still needs to maximise revenue surely and having 1500 - 2000 seats lying empty when they could have erses on them is plain simple business sense.

Yes reducing their allocation was amusing and a poke in the eye to them but I just don’t logically see how we benefit from having the seats empty?

Make sure the 3 home stands at rammed full and drown them out is the answer for the home fans to make our home advantage in these games is maintained.

I’m sure if the demand goes up again that merits giving sections of the south stand to Hibs supporters then the allocation will be reviewed again.

Wakeyhibee
20-02-2019, 04:36 PM
I think Hibs can't win on this one.

They were right to put Hibs fans first, to me thats all that matters. Crowds have waned so to me it's no loss of face to revert back.

I would hope they would do the same if PH gets the fans back up for it.

Just Jimmy
20-02-2019, 04:52 PM
at 30 quid a ticket

1500 is only 45k
3500 is 105k

4 games a season is 180k
or 4 a season at 420k.

and it's guarenteed cash because they ALWAYS sell the seats.

it's a no brainer. as much as it's crap having them there. it's almost half a million quid for 4 times a season. 2 huns and 2 sellick

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

PatHead
20-02-2019, 04:57 PM
In our last game against them at Easter Road they had a strong penalty shout. If the stand had been full of visitors it might have encouraged the ref to give it. That could have cost us a point.

I would have preferred their allocation to remain reduced.

MWHIBBIES
20-02-2019, 05:01 PM

Can't really complain when the club's stops prioritizing them when they stop prioritizing the club.

cabbageandribs1875
20-02-2019, 05:06 PM
Very likely

I hold my breath !

stewards cost a lot less money and they will be instructed not to get involved when cretins are breaking seats, they're not paid enough to make up for a sore face, it's not a job i would fancy doing.

110% with you on the last parts in Bold

CMac1988
20-02-2019, 05:24 PM
In our last game against them at Easter Road they had a strong penalty shout. If the stand had been full of visitors it might have encouraged the ref to give it. That could have cost us a point.

Ding ding ding ding. This is it in a nutshell for me. The less fans they have the less influence they have on the game. It's pretty much impossible to quantify and measure the impact but even through a rough spell our results at home against the Celtic and Rangers speak for themselves. If these equate to a league position or two then by the time you reduce the costs of stewards and policing then the difference perhaps isn't as much as it seems on the face of it.

Weegreenman
20-02-2019, 07:44 PM

Exactly mate, some of my fellow supporters need to take a reality check. There’s no doubt when things are going well we can get bodies into the stadium but that doesn’t happen enough to be talking about cutting allocations or filling in the corners. We’d need to take that next step to another level as a club and I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

bigwheel
20-02-2019, 07:46 PM

I agree it would have been better to have a reduced allocation...it was in the hands of the fans though - if Hibs thought we’d sell even a decent chunk of the south stand they would have held them at the reduced allocation

Mantis Toboggan
20-02-2019, 07:49 PM
Having to listen to a whole stand of brain dead yokels belting out their embarrassing sectarian garbage is enough to put me off going tbh.

bigwheel
20-02-2019, 07:54 PM
Having to listen to a whole stand of brain dead yokels belting out their embarrassing sectarian garbage is enough to put me off going tbh.

Never bothers me what they sing ...just reflects on them imho. Shows them as bigoted hate mongers ...

DetroitHibs
20-02-2019, 08:04 PM
Never bothers me what they sing ...just reflects on them imho. Shows them as bigoted hate mongers ...

Same as you, never given a toss what opposition fans sing. I'd rather an edgy atmosphere than no atmosphere at all.

NadeAteMyLunch!
20-02-2019, 08:18 PM
Celtic fans were quiet last time because we scored after 40 seconds. They would have been equally quiet with a full stand that day. I love the reduced allocation but we are a business and if fans aren’t going to bother buying the extra tickets then the club will only take financial hits so many times.

hibsbollah
20-02-2019, 08:20 PM
When was the last home game we were genuinely full (no agenda, genuine question).

derekduval
20-02-2019, 08:35 PM
stewards cost a lot less money and they will be instructed not to get involved when cretins are breaking seats, they're not paid enough to make up for a sore face, it's not a job i would fancy doing.

110% with you on the last parts in Bold

They were happy to get involved in Livingston when one of our fans smashed a seat. Also fans reps can’t tell us what they don’t know.

Mick O'Rourke
20-02-2019, 08:39 PM
Same as you, never given a toss what opposition fans sing. I'd rather an edgy atmosphere than no atmosphere at all.

And neither it seems do the authorities(when it comes to that club and its supporters)
Their whole songbook is anti Catholic and has been throughout my lifetime (67 now)

Our politicians it seems are scared in the main to be ensuring that existing laws be used against this club and its bigoted fans.
I say the club as they do nothing whatsoever to discourage it.
If they did, the terraces at Ibrox would not be as full.

There would be uproar at Holyrood and Westminster if they were singing anti islam or anti semitic songs on the football terraces of Scotland.

And certainly action would be taken if that were so.

Nothing atmospheric in hearing these people rejoicing at being up to their knees in my blood.

I would rather the Dunbar End be empty, if truth be told.

They do nothing but bring shame to Scotland.

Shrekko
20-02-2019, 08:41 PM
When was the last home game we were genuinely full (no agenda, genuine question).

The first home derby of last season?

allmodcons
20-02-2019, 08:43 PM
Also you have to take into consideration the board will see us realistically in the bottom six.

You on the wind-up?

allmodcons
20-02-2019, 08:45 PM

There was also a pile of posts complaining that the board weren't maximising revenue. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

cabbageandribs1875
20-02-2019, 09:08 PM
They were happy to get involved in Livingston when one of our fans smashed a seat. Also fans reps can’t tell us what they don’t know.

you will know as well as i do our fans can be quite well behaved in recent years, i'm sure the stewards at the livi game v us would be aware of that and wouldn't expect any mob retaliation....i wonder if they would feel the same for games v the old firm, sorry but i'm lost re: fans reps ?

percy veer
20-02-2019, 10:52 PM
strategically place a few vapers in certain areas and send a haze of smoke in front of them so you cant see them

Itsnoteasy
20-02-2019, 11:14 PM
Correct, that's the reality óf Scottish football dominated by 2 clubs.

Most leagues in Europe are dominated by 2 clubs.

The 90+2
21-02-2019, 12:02 AM
You on the wind-up?

We are 5/2 to make top 6 so no, it’s a huge gamble to say we will make the top six as the odds suggest.

Frazerbob
21-02-2019, 12:20 AM
at 30 quid a ticket

1500 is only 45k
3500 is 105k

4 games a season is 180k
or 4 a season at 420k.

and it's guarenteed cash because they ALWAYS sell the seats.

it's a no brainer. as much as it's crap having them there. it's almost half a million quid for 4 times a season. 2 huns and 2 sellick

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Less VAT

monktonharp
21-02-2019, 12:54 AM
Since 2014 Celtic and rangers have had their allocation halved 4 times. Hibs have only lost 1 game. Considering we need as many points as possible to finish top 6 why would we give them an advantage? Unless the board don't think top 6 is achievable..:not worth

kaimendhibs
21-02-2019, 02:12 AM
Gotta get Neil Lennon's pay off from somewhere [emoji1785][emoji1785]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

DetroitHibs
21-02-2019, 02:19 AM
And neither it seems do the authorities(when it comes to that club and its supporters)
Their whole songbook is anti Catholic and has been throughout my lifetime (67 now)

Our politicians it seems are scared in the main to be ensuring that existing laws be used against this club and its bigoted fans.
I say the club as they do nothing whatsoever to discourage it.
If they did, the terraces at Ibrox would not be as full.

There would be uproar at Holyrood and Westminster if they were singing anti islam or anti semitic songs on the football terraces of Scotland.

And certainly action would be taken if that were so.

Nothing atmospheric in hearing these people rejoicing at being up to their knees in my blood.

I would rather the Dunbar End be empty, if truth be told.

They do nothing but bring shame to Scotland.

It's all a matter of opinion and what each individual is offended by. Do I like it? No. But it has and never will bother me in the slightest. A bunch of knuckle dragging weegies singing daft songs, that's all it is to me.

derekduval
21-02-2019, 03:06 AM
you will know as well as i do our fans can be quite well behaved in recent years, i'm sure the stewards at the livi game v us would be aware of that and wouldn't expect any mob retaliation....i wonder if they would feel the same for games v the old firm, sorry but i'm lost re: fans reps ?

Ohh that was a seperate comment to someone earlier saying the fans reps (board reps) could have communicated this to us rather than finding out off the rangers fans

Libby Hibby
21-02-2019, 04:14 AM
Does anyone know what our results have been against the OF when they have been given a reduced allocation.

From memory, i think it’s pretty good.

Regardless if we sell out, if results are proven to be better, we should keep them reduced.

Jones28
21-02-2019, 04:24 AM

Full stand:
Hibs 2-2 Celtic
Hibs 1-2 Rangers
Hibs 2-1 Celtic

Half stand:
Hibs 5-5 Rangers
Hibs 2-0 Celtic
Hibs 0-0 Rangers

So...1 extra point?

JimBHibees
21-02-2019, 05:46 AM
It's all a matter of opinion and what each individual is offended by. Do I like it? No. But it has and never will bother me in the slightest. A bunch of knuckle dragging weegies singing daft songs, that's all it is to me.

Disagree totally it is illegal and should stop. UEFA fined them a couple of times it stopped almost immediately. It is all it takes. Shameful by all authorities including clubs. No coincidence it is on the rise including at our own club. Needs stomped on.

flash
21-02-2019, 07:25 AM
So...1 extra point?

And we absolutely murdered The Rangers on that game we lost.

mcfly
21-02-2019, 07:47 AM
Obviously hibs board think our own fans won’t turn up so they want the rangers money.

Another poor decision in my view.

Would rather an empty stand than listen to their songs.

Peevemor
21-02-2019, 07:54 AM
Obviously hibs board think our own fans won’t turn up so they want the rangers money.

Another poor decision in my view.

Would rather an empty stand than listen to their songs.

Do that twice a season and we're about £200k down - £4k per week less in the player budget.

And then if we can't pay decent wages , signing-on fees, etc. that will be Petrie's fault?

You can't have it all ways.

Antifa Hibs
21-02-2019, 08:22 AM
Bigger picture is the whole of Scotland believes Scottish Fitba needs the old firm. And when you have 2 of the biggest clubs who have cut their allocation but given them it all back (Hearts and Hibs) then smaller clubs turning over half their stadium to them, it re-iterates that. The OF believe Scottish football needs them, the press believe it, SPFL and SFA believe it so allows them to dictate, favour 2 clubs over the rest because evidently we can't do without them and their away supporters cash.

No other country gives away fans as big an allocation to travelling teams as Scottish football does to Rangers and Celtic. It's a ****ing embarrassment tbh. 2100 tickets at £23 (guesstimate average based on adults/kids/oaps/students) is £48300, meaning we'll "lose" £40k if don't sell one home ticket. Surely a manageable "loss" so we can keep home advantage?

hibbyfraelibby
21-02-2019, 10:07 AM
We were given the chance to prove we could fill half the South Stand on top of the rest of the stadium and came up well short with enough empty seats to accommodate an average Hamilton Accies home gate in the 3 stands we had "sold out"

we are hibs
21-02-2019, 10:20 AM
Do that twice a season and we're about £200k down - £4k per week less in the player budget.

And then if we can't pay decent wages , signing-on fees, etc. that will be Petrie's fault?

You can't have it all ways.

Player budgets. There is a laugh.

Gatecrasher
21-02-2019, 10:29 AM

You've got to love the *****y throw away comments like these that completely ignore a rational discussion over playing budgets. But **** the OF and who cares about the clubs finances n that eh.

Peevemor
21-02-2019, 10:41 AM

In what way?

Smartie
21-02-2019, 11:14 AM
Fans "Cut the allocation for Rangers/Celtic, we hate them! "

Club "ok but if we dont sell out it might cost us"

Fans "screw the old firm! "

Fans "Why cant we sign Scott Allan in January?"

Club "well, we are about £150,000 short of what we need to buy him now"

Fans "Petrie / Dempster" "Ambition" "Ponzi scheme"

etc, etc etc

p.s. I was in favour of cutting the allocation, always good to wind up the huns - but when you see the gaps it really doesnt make any sense. It was kinda up to us to replace the lost orcs?

If we can't afford Scott Allan it's because we pissed away record income on multiple loan signings, injury prone players and long contracts for players in their mid thirties.

I hate Hibs on this subject. Money means much more to us than principle nowadays. We're hardly going to go out of business because we've got less fans in the ground than we might a couple of times a year (I have a degree of sympathy for clubs who feel reliant on the blue pound).

We take our managers - employees -to Ibrox and accept that they are subjected to non-stop sectarian abuse in their workplace then offer the hand of friendship to their fans to come in and do the same in our own home for the sake of a few quid.

I wonder what Tom Farmer makes of it? He's a man who understands business but who also has a sense of morality.

Sean1875
21-02-2019, 11:39 AM
Whilst im not in favour of giving them the full Dunbar end, the board put out a message weeks ago saying that this would happen if there weren't enough tickets bought in the 3 traditional home ends - cant blame them for that.

hibsbollah
21-02-2019, 11:41 AM
Bigger picture is the whole of Scotland believes Scottish Fitba needs the old firm. And when you have 2 of the biggest clubs who have cut their allocation but given them it all back (Hearts and Hibs) then smaller clubs turning over half their stadium to them, it re-iterates that. The OF believe Scottish football needs them, the press believe it, SPFL and SFA believe it so allows them to dictate, favour 2 clubs over the rest because evidently we can't do without them and their away supporters cash.

No other country gives away fans as big an allocation to travelling teams as Scottish football does to Rangers and Celtic. It's a ****ing embarrassment tbh. 2100 tickets at £23 (guesstimate average based on adults/kids/oaps/students) is £48300, meaning we'll "lose" £40k if don't sell one home ticket. Surely a manageable "loss" so we can keep home advantage?

:top marks

green day
21-02-2019, 11:43 AM
If we can't afford Scott Allan it's because we pissed away record income on multiple loan signings, injury prone players and long contracts for players in their mid thirties.

I hate Hibs on this subject. Money means much more to us than principle nowadays. We're hardly going to go out of business because we've got less fans in the ground than we might a couple of times a year (I have a degree of sympathy for clubs who feel reliant on the blue pound).

We take our managers - employees -to Ibrox and accept that they are subjected to non-stop sectarian abuse in their workplace then offer the hand of friendship to their fans to come in and do the same in our own home for the sake of a few quid.

I wonder what Tom Farmer makes of it? He's a man who understands business but who also has a sense of morality.

I think there are a fair few on here in the same boat.

we are hibs
21-02-2019, 11:44 AM
You've got to love the *****y throw away comments like these that completely ignore a rational discussion over playing budgets. But **** the OF and who cares about the clubs finances n that eh.

Firstly settle yourself right down.

Secondly, we had record season ticket sales this season on the back of record season ticket sales last season. Did it improve the squad this season? So what difference would an extra few grand make?

we are hibs
21-02-2019, 11:47 AM
In what way?

We had record season ticket sales last season then this season and I don't see where that money has went in all honesty looking at our current squad and situation. So what difference would an extra few grand make? 80k is the equivalent of a Nelom and Mavrias joining the squad for a season/half a season.

Peevemor
21-02-2019, 11:47 AM

Secondly, we had record season ticket sales this season on the back of record season ticket sales last season. Did it improve the squad this season? So what difference would an extra few grand make?

How much are Hibs paying in wages this season compared to last?

How much have Hibs spent on transfer fees since the end of last season?

lyonhibs
21-02-2019, 11:51 AM

Multiply that by 4, possibly 6 and it's a slightly different picture financially over the course of a season though

DH1875
21-02-2019, 12:04 PM
Not read the full thread but I can't be the only one who thinks that part of the reasoning behind this is that we are unlikely to make the top 6 so the board are trying to cash in.

The 90+2
21-02-2019, 12:14 PM
Not read the full thread but I can't be the only one who thinks that part of the reasoning behind this is that we are unlikely to make the top 6 so the board are trying to cash in.

You at the wind up aye? :wink:

Mick O'Rourke
21-02-2019, 12:20 PM
David Hardie, EEN, reporting this afternoon that they will get the whole Dunbar End.

Gatecrasher
21-02-2019, 12:34 PM

Please don't take my post in anger as it was intended to be more of a sarcastic nature. The point being is that Peevemor went to the effort of at least doing some fag packet maths in effort to generate some discussion on why hibs should or should not be giving the full stand to the OF.

I'm sure you and most of us on this site are aware that football isn't an exact science to say the least and money doesn't guarantee success regardless of whether NL and the team had a big budget or not they still had the huge task of replacing probably the best hibs midfield of a generation, of whose players worth were far larger than any budget the board could provide the manager.

So what if money doesn't guarantee success? It sure as hell does help and with a new manager appointed its in all our best interests to ensure he can bring in the players he needs to succeed. It's the boards job to provide him with that hence the decision they have take to maximise revenue.

PONGO
21-02-2019, 12:37 PM
Embarrassing once again from Hibs .

Keith_M
21-02-2019, 01:06 PM

Apologies for defending Hearts, but they only increased the OF allocation because their capacity is now sufficiently larger to accommodate the home fans.

Hibs experimented with the allocation, the result was that not enough Hibs Fans attended those games. Hibs then sensibly decided to restore the previous allocation. I don't know what the big issue is.

Brightside
21-02-2019, 01:19 PM

We are spending more on our squad that we have in the last 10 years. I know that doesnt fit with the usual sack the board nonsense but there you go.

Frazerbob
21-02-2019, 03:40 PM
Aberdeen giving The Rangers the usual 2000 tickets for their cup game, which is only 10%. The cup rules state 20% should be made available to the visiting team. They’re getting away with it as they removed a fence when they reduced the away section for Rantic a few years ago so segregation would be an issue.

TelaStella
21-02-2019, 03:44 PM
Joke. Club can do one on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
21-02-2019, 03:49 PM

How is the club "doing one" going to manifest itself in real life?

A strongly worded letter? Booing LD at ER? A boycott?

If there's 1500 Hibs fans who can't get a ticket for the next Rangers game because all 3 home stands are sold out, then the club will have ****ed this right up.

Let's see.

happiehibbie
21-02-2019, 04:02 PM
correct business decision

Daydreamer
21-02-2019, 04:10 PM
correct business decision

100%. Imagine if you owned a restaurant and 4 Rangers fans came in and you had an empty table. Would you turn them away. No chance!!

SMAXXA
21-02-2019, 04:24 PM
Doesn’t bother me in the slightest if we can’t fill it what’s the point cutting off our nose to speight our face, I’d happily take their coin so more of them see us pump them at ER. I’d there was a demand from our own support it would be a different story so in a way it’s a supporters driven decision or lack of. Understand some won’t like it and use it as another negative stick to beat the club with.

Hibs90
21-02-2019, 04:25 PM
100%. Imagine if you owned a restaurant and 4 Rangers fans came in and you had an empty table. Would you turn them away. No chance!!

Speak for yourself but personally...

Smartie
21-02-2019, 04:26 PM

If the restaurant was nearly full, business was generally good and they'd dished out sectarian abuse to my employees on every previous visit (plus whenever the employees visited their business) I'd tell them to take a running jump.

If they had started to prove that that stuff was behind them then they'd be welcome to take the table.

Onion
21-02-2019, 04:33 PM
Doesn’t bother me in the slightest if we can’t fill it what’s the point cutting off our nose to speight our face, I’d happily take their coin so more of them see us pump them at ER. I’d there was a demand from our own support it would be a different story so in a way it’s a supporters driven decision or lack of. Understand some won’t like it and use it as another negative stick to beat the club with.

By extension, you can have no complaint when clubs like Killie, St M and others move their own fans to accommodate as many OF fans as they can squash in - as it's in their financial interests. No question in my mind that the atmosphere at OF matches at ER is VERY different (aka better) when their numbers are restricted. It makes for a more enjoyable experience.

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2019, 04:38 PM

That doesn't even make sense? Do what?

scotiaf
21-02-2019, 04:49 PM
If we can’t fill the stand, as we could bit when doing reasonably well at the start of the season. Then how can we turn away an extra 50-70k per game. It’s just ridiculous

Hibernia&Alba
21-02-2019, 05:08 PM
That doesn't even make sense? Do what?

I think he's politely telling the club to get tae **** with this move.

Keith_M
21-02-2019, 05:14 PM

I realise this contradicts my previous comments but...

...yes, I would 😉

Wilson
21-02-2019, 05:19 PM

They'd be up to their knees in beans and curd.

SMAXXA
21-02-2019, 06:03 PM
By extension, you can have no complaint when clubs like Killie, St M and others move their own fans to accommodate as many OF fans as they can squash in - as it's in their financial interests. No question in my mind that the atmosphere at OF matches at ER is VERY different (aka better) when their numbers are restricted. It makes for a more enjoyable experience.

I don’t have any complaints it’s their business their club they can do what they like matters none to me

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2019, 06:07 PM
They'd be up to their knees in beans and curd.

Lol

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2019, 06:10 PM

I got that. I was just curious what he would do if he felt so strong? Not go back? Protest? Contact the club?

Or tell them to 'do one' and then simply go to the game.

JOD
21-02-2019, 06:41 PM
If the restaurant was nearly full, business was generally good and they'd dished out sectarian abuse to my employees on every previous visit (plus whenever the employees visited their business) I'd tell them to take a running jump.

If they had started to prove that that stuff was behind them then they'd be welcome to take the table.

100%

Brooster
21-02-2019, 06:59 PM
No point in throwing money away. Hibs gave the fans a chance to put a stop to giving them the whole stand but the fans didn't step up therfore the only option left is to give them the whole stand. We only have ourselves to blame.

Eyrie
21-02-2019, 07:37 PM

I'd check with the chef first.

If he couldn't find a dead rat after raking in the buckets then I've have to tell them that there were no treats on the menu and watch them go back to their Glasgow slums.

jgl07
21-02-2019, 10:19 PM

I think he is typing gibberish!

monktonharp
21-02-2019, 10:36 PM
Couldn't care less about ticket allocation. If we aren't selling out, make more money from them and have more huns watch us (hopefully) pump them. :agree:sorry, but I disagree massively to your post.

monktonharp
21-02-2019, 10:39 PM
Think we hit our peak last season attendance-wise.that's irrelavent to this argument mate. we never ever get enough seats at either of the OF stadiums and they wont ever concede that.

monktonharp
21-02-2019, 10:41 PM
Our own fault. Sensible business decision because our own fans have stopped bothering.:rolleyes:

JimmyL
21-02-2019, 10:42 PM
No point in throwing money away. Hibs gave the fans a chance to put a stop to giving them the whole stand but the fans didn't step up therfore the only option left is to give them the whole stand. We only have ourselves to blame.
This 100%

Michael
21-02-2019, 10:51 PM
You can't really argue with it.

If our stadium was only 15K in size then Rangers would probably only get an allocation of a few hundred seats every time we played them.

Or, if Rangers struggled to sell home tickets at Ibrox then we'd get a larger allocation.

As long as the home fans have the initial opportunity to buy the seats then the club are doing the right thing. It's up to us to fill the stadium.

monktonharp
21-02-2019, 10:55 PM
From a business point of view it makes sense, from a sporting point of view it is extremely disappointing.think you are getting things rather mixed up, regarding which/who's real views are being discussed on this site. we are Hibernian fans and the majority of the comments shall in the end show that the Hibs fans are rather unhappy about handing over thousands of seats to a support who have abused and incitied, and lambasted our fans for decades with their absolute bigotry which they continue to do. they will also continue to stop ordinary fans from bringing their families to such games, for the said reasons. perpetual bigotry, and religious hate in it's worst form continues unabated in the form of a football match live on TV.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-02-2019, 10:57 PM

Who’s taking home advantage away from us? We’ll still have 3 out of 4 stands, we’ll still have over 16,000 tickets available from 20,000. Up to us to create an atmosphere and make home advantage count. Celtic turned up at the end of last season as loud as they’ve ever been, needing a win to clinch the league. Hospitality was crawling with them as well. We battered them from the first minute and you hardly heard a peep from the full stand. A few weeks later we gave Rangers half a stand and managed to chuck a 3 goal lead away to them. There is zero evidence that giving them half a stand makes a significant difference to the result.
Having thousands of seats sitting empty is a ridiculous idea. We’ve done it twice already this season against the old firm and more recently against Aberdeen. About 100k or so lost. Folk want to do that again to prove a point. Mad. We’ll get another chance in the near future to sell half the stand to Hibs fans and hopefully we take it.

monktonharp
21-02-2019, 11:01 PM
No point in throwing money away. Hibs gave the fans a chance to put a stop to giving them the whole stand but the fans didn't step up therfore the only option left is to give them the whole stand. We only have ourselves to blame.Disagree. principles. I know it disnae win prizes, but nevertheless it is worth keeping. keep them to the minimum.you and all on here know what we will need to listen to during the match. ! your comments actively encourage that, albeit unwittingly (you might claim) .

Michael
21-02-2019, 11:02 PM
think you are getting things rather mixed up, regarding which/who's real views are being discussed on this site. we are Hibernian fans and the majority of the comments shall in the end show that the Hibs fans are rather unhappy about handing over thousands of seats to a support who have abused and incitied, and lambasted our fans for decades with their absolute bigotry which they continue to do. they will also continue to stop ordinary fans from bringing their families to such games, for the said reasons. perpetual bigotry, and religious hate in it's worst form continues unabated in the form of a football match live on TV.

So this is just my experience, but I never understood the thing about not bringing kids to Celtic/Rangers games.

The opposition fans are in a completely separate building, there's barriers after the game, loads of police.

Additionally, when I was a kid I was pretty oblivious to the sectarian aspect. You can barely understand what they're singing unless you already know the words. Plus, our fans behave pretty well - so there wouldn't be much to worry about in our end.

Maybe others have had different experiences, but that's just my observation.

Sir David Gray
21-02-2019, 11:15 PM
think you are getting things rather mixed up, regarding which/who's real views are being discussed on this site. we are Hibernian fans and the majority of the comments shall in the end show that the Hibs fans are rather unhappy about handing over thousands of seats to a support who have abused and incitied, and lambasted our fans for decades with their absolute bigotry which they continue to do. they will also continue to stop ordinary fans from bringing their families to such games, for the said reasons. perpetual bigotry, and religious hate in it's worst form continues unabated in the form of a football match live on TV.

I have no idea why you are quoting my post to challenge it.

Surely you agree that from a business point of view giving Sevco the full south stand, which is guaranteed to sell out at £30 per ticket, makes sense over giving them half the stand when the half that we would get would have loads of empty seats?

You can't possibly disagree with that, surely? Even if you are like me and you would prefer to give them the bare minimum regardless of the consequences.

monktonharp
21-02-2019, 11:20 PM
So this is just my experience, but I never understood the thing about not bringing kids to Celtic/Rangers games.

The opposition fans are in a completely separate building, there's barriers after the game, loads of police.

Additionally, when I was a kid I was pretty oblivious to the sectarian aspect. You can barely understand what they're singing unless you already know the words. Plus, our fans behave pretty well - so there wouldn't be much to worry about in our end.

Maybe others have had different experiences, but that's just my observation.ok Michael. I hope you are never walking past the Artisan bar innocently going to watch Hibs at home against them and you by chance bump into 8 of them calling you a fenian bassa because you are wearing a green and white scarf, and the biggest bugger in the group decides to spit in yer puss. a long time ago but do remember that attitude has been inbred for more than we can discuss on here. hey ho, just all about opinions.

silverhibee
21-02-2019, 11:26 PM
I think we should boycott the game, that'll show Rod.

monktonharp
21-02-2019, 11:31 PM
I think we should boycott the game, that'll show Rod.right then. that could be the way to go:cb

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2019, 11:37 PM

Decent shout btw. Can't disagree with that. I went to those games as a lad and also took my boy.

HibeeHibernian4
21-02-2019, 11:38 PM
I have no idea why you are quoting my post to challenge it.

Surely you agree that from a business point of view giving Sevco the full south stand, which is guaranteed to sell out at £30 per ticket, makes sense over giving them half the stand when the half that we would get would have loads of empty seats?

You can't possibly disagree with that, surely? Even if you are like me and you would prefer to give them the bare minimum regardless of the consequences.

Where does it stop though? If our crowds return to the 10,000 or lower average they were at for the best part of a decade, why shouldn't we give them the whole of the South and the whole of the Famous Five? That's what Kilmarnock do. It would make more sense from a "business point of view", wouldn't it?

Or maybe we stand up for ourselves and realise that football was never intended to be run as a business. Yes, the genie's out of the bottle on that front now, but that doesn't mean that we have to make every decision based purely on hardheaded and fiscal reasoning.

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2019, 11:47 PM
:rolleyes:

Roll your eyes and dismiss people if it makes you feel better. The point being made is we didn't sell enough tickets previously, and empty seats equals loss in revenue.

If we want to give our manager the best chance to succeed, we need as much money as we can get.

I'd also agree that when we beat them, it'll be sweeter to do it when there's more of them.

I hate the ****ers with a passion, but let's not cut our nose off.

jgl07
22-02-2019, 01:12 AM
Most leagues in Europe are dominated by 2 clubs.

Nothing like the level of Sevco and Celtic in Scotland.

The dastardly duo have monopolised the Scottish League Championships since 1985 when Aberdeen were Champions. That is, of course, apart from Hearts winning in 1986!

Over that period, England have had nine different League Champions: Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City, Everton, Leeds United, Blackburn and Leicester City.

France have had ten different Champions over the same time period: Bordeaux, PSG, Monaco, Marseilles, Nantes, Auxerre, Lens, Lyon, Lille, and Montpellier,

Germany have had six League Champions over the same timeframe: Bayern Munich, Werder Bremen, Kasiserslautan, Stuttgart, Borussia Dortmund, and Wolfsburg,

Italy have had seven different Champions: Helas Verona, Juventus, Napoli, Internationale, Sampdoria, Milan and Lazio.

Even Spain can muster five different Champions: Real Madrid, Barcelona. Atletico Madrid, Deportivo la Coruna, and Valencia.

Portugal has four teams in that time period: Benfica, Porto, Sporting and Boavista. Greece also has four: Parathaninikos, Olympiakos, AEL and AEK Athens.

Go beyond those leagues and you get similar figures: Belgium (7 teams), Poland (8), Russia (6), Austria (7), Sweden (8), Norway (7), Holland (5), Denmark (8), Switzerland (10), League of Ireland (7), Irish League (5), Wales (5).

This stuff about Scotland being no worse than other leagues is bull****.

monktonharp
22-02-2019, 01:28 AM
Roll your eyes and dismiss people if it makes you feel better. The point being made is we didn't sell enough tickets previously, and empty seats equals loss in revenue.

If we want to give our manager the best chance to succeed, we need as much money as we can get.

I'd also agree that when we beat them, it'll be sweeter to do it when there's more of them.

I hate the ****ers with a passion, but let's not cut our nose off.I am not trying to dismiss people. that is not what this site is about, is it? It's about a reasoned and condiment argument or comment surely? we have had all the arguments over the years, for giving the manager.....Lennon,Stubbs,Calderwood,etc etc the money. we have had dozens of managers who have seen thousands of OF fans who continue to impose their voice and their presence added to their views and bigoted values rammed doon our throats whether we have won drawn or lost to them at our own stadium. I actually thought there was a point that we had finally stood for, when we eventually said enough was enough and we decided that we can no longer tolerate this by limiting the numbers, thereby drawing attention to the perpetrators within. I am totally perplexed with some attitudes on here when it all seems to be about money. do you really think that the more Huns, or the more Tims in ER, will mean more money to our current/future manager(s) ? havin' a laugh.

Peevemor
22-02-2019, 05:27 AM
I am not trying to dismiss people. that is not what this site is about, is it? It's about a reasoned and condiment argument or comment surely? we have had all the arguments over the years, for giving the manager.....Lennon,Stubbs,Calderwood,etc etc the money. we have had dozens of managers who have seen thousands of OF fans who continue to impose their voice and their presence added to their views and bigoted values rammed doon our throats whether we have won drawn or lost to them at our own stadium. I actually thought there was a point that we had finally stood for, when we eventually said enough was enough and we decided that we can no longer tolerate this by limiting the numbers, thereby drawing attention to the perpetrators within. I am totally perplexed with some attitudes on here when it all seems to be about money. do you really think that the more Huns, or the more Tims in ER, will mean more money to our current/future manager(s) ? havin' a laugh.

Where do you think the money goes?

Brooster
22-02-2019, 05:55 AM
Disagree. principles. I know it disnae win prizes, but nevertheless it is worth keeping. keep them to the minimum.you and all on here know what we will need to listen to during the match. ! your comments actively encourage that, albeit unwittingly (you might claim) .

What am I encouraging?

Sir David Gray
22-02-2019, 05:56 AM
Where does it stop though? If our crowds return to the 10,000 or lower average they were at for the best part of a decade, why shouldn't we give them the whole of the South and the whole of the Famous Five? That's what Kilmarnock do. It would make more sense from a "business point of view", wouldn't it?

Or maybe we stand up for ourselves and realise that football was never intended to be run as a business. Yes, the genie's out of the bottle on that front now, but that doesn't mean that we have to make every decision based purely on hardheaded and fiscal reasoning.

I know what you're saying but for as long as Easter Road's been in its modern form the south stand has always been where the away fans are housed. The other 3 stands are for home fans only.

We would need to stop selling season tickets in the Famous Five stand for a start which won't happen.

I don't particularly agree with this decision but I understand the financial reasoning behind it.

There's one way for this decision to be scrapped going forward and that's for Hibs fans to back the club in coming along to all games, not just the big ones and not just when times are good.

Brooster
22-02-2019, 06:05 AM

I help run a supporters club which has 150 members, have done for 28 years. On top of that I know a great number of Hibs supporting families. I have never ever heard of or spoke to anyone who has refused to go to a Rangers game at Easter Road because they sing horrible songs etc.

green day
22-02-2019, 06:19 AM
I think we should boycott the game, that'll show Rod.

From my seat it looks like there are plenty who have been doing that already this season:greengrin

DetroitHibs
22-02-2019, 06:29 AM
It's quite simple. If we want to sell out our ticket allocation, give us something to play for. Last season we were battling for second and selling out the stadium.

SquashedFrogg
22-02-2019, 07:04 AM
It's quite simple. If we want to sell out our ticket allocation, give us something to play for. Last season we were battling for second and selling out the stadium.

Hopefully PH can breathe life back into the team and do just that. The football on show this season has been a tough watch at times.

DetroitHibs
22-02-2019, 07:12 AM
Hopefully PH can breathe life back into the team and do just that. The football on show this season has been a tough watch at times.

We're not that far off having a decent team. Once Scott Allan arrives and hopefully 2-3 quality players are added, no reason not to be challenging for Europe again.

Smartie
22-02-2019, 07:22 AM
I help run a supporters club which has 150 members, have done for 28 years. On top of that I know a great number of Hibs supporting families. I have never ever heard of or spoke to anyone who has refused to go to a Rangers game at Easter Road because they sing horrible songs etc.

My daughter is just short of her 1st birthday.

I'm yet to decide whether or not to introduce her to the football and in all honesty I might walk away from it myself altogether over the next few years, depending on what her interests are.

Even if I do decide to take her she won't be at a Rangers game, home or away, until her late teens at the earliest.

It's not just the singing, but that is part of it. I'm ashamed of Scotland's sectarian problem, I totally abhor it, and I'm not going to sit and explain to her before time what a fenian ******* is and why it is acceptable for thousands of people to gather and sing it.

The atmosphere around the ground when they are in town in their thousands is noxious, and we all have a tale of having been gobbed on or assaulted by them, normally bigger and older Huns bullying us when we were young, and normally for the crime of wearing green.

I doubt I'm alone when I state how undesirable I see going to Hibs v Rangers games in the future as being. I know Hibs fans who have stopped going to football altogether due to incidents that happened at Hibs v Rangers games. Intelligent people don't just put up with it, they walk away.

I can see us having a lot more tickets to sell to our Hun friends in future. We had an opportunity to kick back and control the atmosphere in our own ground, and we didn't take it.

MyJo
22-02-2019, 08:13 AM

My kids have been going to games against rangers and hearts for years now and they have heard more bad language from me and their mum and everyone else around us in the east stand than they will have heard from the away end of the stadium,

they have no idea what what is being sung by away fans most of the time but it took us a wee while to get them singing Warburton’s a dafty instead of what the rest of us were singing :hilarious

Albanian Hibs
22-02-2019, 08:15 AM
My kids have been going to games against rangers and hearts for years now and they have heard more bad language from me and their mum and everyone else around us in the east stand than they will have heard from the away end of the stadium,

they have no idea what what is being sung by away fans most of the time but it took us a wee while to get them singing Warburton’s a dafty instead of what the rest of us were singing :hilarious

My kids sing warburtons a fanny 🤣🤣🤣

munchar
22-02-2019, 10:28 AM

Celtic, Rangers & Hearts always sell out their allocation. They should always get the whole stand until they stop doing so, or until we need extra seats for our own fans.
Quite simple really.

Hermit Crab
22-02-2019, 11:44 AM
Guess Aberdeen are the only team left to stand up to the OF and only give them 2000 tickets.

Why don't we just give the OF a quarter of the West as well as the South like we used to... :rolleyes:

Big_Franck
22-02-2019, 11:52 AM
Where do you think the money goes?

To a hugely expensive indoor pitch.

lyonhibs
22-02-2019, 12:01 PM
that's irrelavent to this argument mate. we never ever get enough seats at either of the OF stadiums and they wont ever concede that.

Because they can regularly sell out (or come damn close) all the other seats in their stadium to home fans. If there was a chance of 2000 odd seats remaining unsold in a big block right next to the Hibs fans, we'd get an increased allocation.

HFC93
22-02-2019, 12:06 PM
It will be interesting to see how many tickets we’ve sold when season ticket holder deadline passes on Monday.

Blaster
22-02-2019, 12:07 PM
Guess Aberdeen are the only team left to stand up to the OF and only give them 2000 tickets.

Why don't we just give the OF a quarter of the West as well as the South like we used to... :rolleyes:

Why don’t our fans get off their backsides and support the club all the time and not just in the so called good times??

I’m sure the club would love to give them 2000 tickets or less but it would be reckless of them to do so whilst the remaining seats in the south are empty.

Or maybe more folk contributing to HSL would help offset the money we’d lose

Hermit Crab
22-02-2019, 12:10 PM
Why don’t our fans get off their backsides and support the club all the time and not just in the so called good times??

I’m sure the club would love to give them 2000 tickets or less but it would be reckless of them to do so whilst the remaining seats in the south are empty.

Or maybe more folk contributing to HSL would help offset the money we’d lose

Wish they would, its funny because if we win tonight and on Wednesday then somehow beat Celtic there will be an outcry that Rangers have been given the whole end for the league match in 2 weeks time. Fans eh.

MyJo
22-02-2019, 12:44 PM
Wish they would, its funny because if we win tonight and on Wednesday then somehow beat Celtic there will be an outcry that Rangers have been given the whole end for the league match in 2 weeks time. Fans eh.

If we get to the Scottish cup final there will also suddenly be 30,000 fans wanting tickets for that game despite only half of them willing to turn up to Easter road for our biggest league games

MWHIBBIES
22-02-2019, 12:50 PM
Tickets have been on sale for a year, if we haven't sold enough and the club want them shifted to the huns instead thats the way it goes.

I ****ing despise that lot as much as anyone, if it were up to me I'd tell them to get absolutely to **** for the way they treated Stubbs and Lennon but its not up to me.

matty_f
22-02-2019, 12:51 PM
Actually I'm fine with this.

Give them the whole stand when we could do with a wee boost to the coffers, and pie them again when we can sell to the Hibs fans. They'll know we're taking them for a ride, we know we're taking them for a ride, and they'll go along with it anyway.

hibsbollah
22-02-2019, 12:58 PM

Indeed. And if my memory serves me correctly we virtually filled out our half of the South Stand at the 5-5 game last season, I was there; it's not we have no chance of ever filling it again just because there's been a dip in results and feel good factor this season.

I recall it was the overwhelming view that the huns suffered that day from a lower than normal support and they were certainly quieter than normal. I would certainly be more inclined to take my kids again if that was the policy and there was a smaller orc contingent.

Following the short term easy cash isn't always the smart option in the long term.

Keith_M
22-02-2019, 01:57 PM

Is it possibly because we can easily sell 16,000 tickets, but can't sell 18,000?

:dunno:

green day
22-02-2019, 02:30 PM

It's because they can't get a safety certificate for more than that.

But, hey, let's all support the sheep.........

GreenCastle
22-02-2019, 02:48 PM

The dastardly duo have monopolised the Scottish League Championships since 1985 when Aberdeen were Champions. That is, of course, apart from Hearts winning in 1986!

Over that period, England have had nine different League Champions: Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City, Everton, Leeds United, Blackburn and Leicester City.

France have had ten different Champions over the same time period: Bordeaux, PSG, Monaco, Marseilles, Nantes, Auxerre, Lens, Lyon, Lille, and Montpellier,

Germany have had six League Champions over the same timeframe: Bayern Munich, Werder Bremen, Kasiserslautan, Stuttgart, Borussia Dortmund, and Wolfsburg,

Italy have had seven different Champions: Helas Verona, Juventus, Napoli, Internationale, Sampdoria, Milan and Lazio.

Even Spain can muster five different Champions: Real Madrid, Barcelona. Atletico Madrid, Deportivo la Coruna, and Valencia.

Portugal has four teams in that time period: Benfica, Porto, Sporting and Boavista. Greece also has four: Parathaninikos, Olympiakos, AEL and AEK Athens.

Go beyond those leagues and you get similar figures: Belgium (7 teams), Poland (8), Russia (6), Austria (7), Sweden (8), Norway (7), Holland (5), Denmark (8), Switzerland (10), League of Ireland (7), Irish League (5), Wales (5).

Good post.

I would love to see a Scottish Football league without the Old Firm. They claim we need them - but the bottom line is they need us all more as they wouldn't be able to go into another league.

Scottish Football would be interesting if

Hibs
Hearts
Aberdeen
Kilmarnock

etc won the league every so often. It would give the local communities a massive boost.

I don't get the argument about the success being less impressive without the Old Firm - I honestly don't think fans would care. Fans turn up for winning teams - in the top league or lower leagues.

Antifa Hibs
16-04-2019, 08:46 PM
Killie cutting the Huns allocation from 8000 to 4000. Huns raging and spitting the dummy. Good on Killie.

Iggy Pope
16-04-2019, 08:54 PM

Pretty much monopolised it before 1985 too though didn’t they and we all still loved our game. At a time when few Portuguese, Greek, Belgian, Polish, Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, Danish, Swiss, Irish or Welsh sides would have got close to any top league Scottish sides.

hibbyfraelibby
16-04-2019, 09:01 PM
Killie cutting the Huns allocation from 8000 to 4000. Huns raging and spitting the dummy. Good on Killie.

What's their problem? They can just use their Killie STs as usual no?

JeMeSouviens
16-04-2019, 09:20 PM
Gordon Smith, what a fanny.

https://twitter.com/plzsoccer/status/1118197362172653568?s=21

Bostonhibby
16-04-2019, 09:26 PM

https://twitter.com/plzsoccer/status/1118197362172653568?s=21Giving him airtime is what keeps Scottish football looking backwards. He probably still calls Sevco rangers.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

The 90+2
16-04-2019, 09:29 PM

One game only.

jakedance
16-04-2019, 09:30 PM

And that this man was the Chief Executive of the SFHA tells you everything you need to know about our game.

Beefster
17-04-2019, 07:00 AM
“Rangers might even say ‘we won’t come and play at Rugby Park any more’...”

What the actual ****? If some random down the pub came out with that stuff, he’d be written off as a slaver. This guy’s getting to comment in the media. Tbf, the entire clip is a beamer for him.

we are hibs
17-04-2019, 07:11 AM

Plenty on here will agree with him

JimBHibees
17-04-2019, 07:12 AM

What the actual ****? If some random down the pub came out with that stuff, he’d be written off as a slaver. This guy’s getting to comment in the media. Tbf, the entire clip is a beamer for him.

Smith started his career at Killie and this is solely for Kilmarnock 150 anniversary. How dare Killie decide who gets which stand at a game at their ground.

Famous Fiver
17-04-2019, 07:54 AM
To quote Kevin Keegan ' I would really, really love it' if Sevco refused to play at Rugby Park. 3-0 defeat and no points with possible additional penalties.

Why didn't we think of this first?

Rodders, get it sorted!!!

ian cruise
17-04-2019, 08:00 AM

Is he steaming? Rangers might say they won't come play at rugby park anymore? I'd love to see them try that, they really are putting together a strong case together to be the most dislikable club in Scotland at the minute, and they've some decent competition.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2019, 08:25 AM
To quote Kevin Keegan ' I would really, really love it' if Sevco refused to play at Rugby Park. 3-0 defeat and no points with possible additional penalties.

Why didn't we think of this first?

Rodders, get it sorted!!!

You are joking right? The authorities would probably fine Killie and award sevco 4 points and a 4-0 win.

Keith_M
17-04-2019, 08:27 AM
Could Sevco please boycott Easter Road as well.

Two guaranteed 3-0 wins per season would suit me fine.

InchHibby
17-04-2019, 08:33 AM
Is he steaming? Rangers might say they won't come play at rugby park anymore? I'd love to see them try that, they really are putting together a strong case together to be the most dislikable club in Scotland at the minute, and they've some decent competition.
They’ve already reached that status.

Killiehibbie
17-04-2019, 10:35 AM
Pretty much monopolised it before 1985 too though didn’t they and we all still loved our game. At a time when few Portuguese, Greek, Belgian, Polish, Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, Danish, Swiss, Irish or Welsh sides would have got close to any top league Scottish sides. 1947 until 1965 and early 80's are the only times they weren't dominant. Always preferred cup games, at least everybody has a bit of a chance.

NAE NOOKIE
17-04-2019, 11:30 AM

Ironic isn't it. A guy from Kilwinning who supports Sevco going on about how much Sevco fans contribute to the finances of Killie, all the while missing the huge Elephant in the room that if Sevco and Celtic were to give back all the Ayrshire glory hunters like him who head for Glasgow every weekend the likes of Killie wouldn't need big Ugly sisters away supports.

Ryan91
17-04-2019, 12:47 PM

I'm sure Killie would be quite happy to take the 3 points and the 3-0 win if Rangers refused to play at Rugby Park

.Sean.
17-04-2019, 02:20 PM
Could Sevco please boycott Easter Road as well.

Two guaranteed 3-0 wins per season would suit me fine.
An automatic win and being awarded three goals in the process would make a nice wee change from the countless times we’ve actually went out and scudded them by scoring 3.

Wakeyhibee
17-04-2019, 06:55 PM
Win win for Killie, they get to celebrate their 150 years with what's been another good season for them, and will only have to replace half the amount of seats they normally have to.

Well done :)

Killiehibbie
17-04-2019, 07:38 PM
Ironic isn't it. A guy from Kilwinning who supports Sevco going on about how much Sevco fans contribute to the finances of Killie, all the while missing the huge Elephant in the room that if Sevco and Celtic were to give back all the Ayrshire glory hunters like him who head for Glasgow every weekend the likes of Killie wouldn't need big Ugly sisters away supports.

Majority of them aren't glory hunters but outright bigots.

Aldo
18-04-2019, 08:08 AM
So Newco are contemplating taking this to the SPFL to complain about Killie and what they are doing is wrong?

Who the hellos they think they are!

Moulin Yarns
18-04-2019, 08:13 AM
So Newco are contemplating taking this to the SPFL to complain about Killie and what they are doing is wrong?

What goes around comes around. You reap what you sow. Aint karma a bitch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44985593

Diclonius
18-04-2019, 08:35 AM

Since when do they have a god-given right to as many tickets as they want? What can they actually complain about?