PDA

View Full Version : Hibs.net banner

Hibbyradge
19-02-2019, 06:58 PM
Has it been officially retired?

I can't remember the last time I saw it.

Groathillgrump
19-02-2019, 07:40 PM
Has it been officially retired?

I can't remember the last time I saw it.

Is that the shirt shaped one we paid to have our names/user names printed on?

Haven't seen it for ages but I imagine it's a bugger to lug around.

Keith_M
19-02-2019, 07:42 PM
Isn't it in the storage locker at the back of the East Stand?

No inside info, I just presumed that's where all the flags were that we haven't seen for a while.

ehf
19-02-2019, 07:47 PM
I saw Conrad Logan wearing it the other day.

Pretty Boy
19-02-2019, 08:01 PM
It's still in the locker at ER.

It's a big barsteward to get up and down from the Dunbar End upper where it was displayed with the Bounce flags etc in the last few years. It was ok when we where in the Championship as that part of the stand was only used 4 times a season give or take. Now it's used far more it's a bit of a hassle to put it up and down every few weeks.

If anyone wants to lug it to the odd away game then they are more than welcome. Alternatively it could be time to look at getting a more compact updated flag for the present day.

RIP
20-02-2019, 08:20 AM
I took it to display in S43 a few times.

Being part of a family group of 6 we could get the display started was easy enough.

However it was getting pretty grog and was in urgent need of a wash. Imagine leaving it out in the rain and soaping it manually would be the only way unless anyone knows of an industrial sized washing machine? :dunno:

We shouldn't retire it yet - it's a magnificent amazing size, scale and historical item with all those names on it

Diclonius
20-02-2019, 08:29 AM
I forget what were the requirements to be on the flag - was it all PMs or people who had donated to the cost?

MSK
20-02-2019, 09:28 AM
I forget what were the requirements to be on the flag - was it all PMs or people who had donated to the cost?Yes £5 contribution and you got your name/username/family or friends names. Its a superb flag and a shame it no longer gets aired. I remember it was made in England and had to pass various fire regulation tests, probably then due to the heavy duty material used.