PDA

View Full Version : Walk from Dens to train station

H18 SFR
19-02-2019, 07:57 AM
Thinking of the train for Friday but not sure if I can make the last train to Glasgow. Any ideas how long it takes to walk from the stadium to the station.

SChibs
19-02-2019, 07:58 AM
Thinking of the train for Friday but not sure if I can make the last train to Glasgow. Any ideas how long it takes to walk from the stadium to the station.

About 30 mins I think. I'm pretty sure it's all downhill

Hermit Crab
19-02-2019, 09:25 AM

Last direct train to Glasgow is 21:57 which is doable from the ground but you will need to leave the game early and run down the road. You can also get the 22:13 service to Haymarket and change there for the 23:34 to Glasgow Queen Street. You'd still need to nash down the road for the 22:13 train as well. It is a fair hike.

https://www.buytickets.scotrail.co.uk/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable

H18 SFR
19-02-2019, 09:53 AM
Last direct train to Glasgow is 21:57 which is doable from the ground but you will need to leave the game early and run down the road. You can also get the 22:13 service to Haymarket and change there for the 23:34 to Glasgow Queen Street. You'd still need to nash down the road for the 22:13 train as well. It is a fair hike.

https://www.buytickets.scotrail.co.uk/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable

Legend

Hermit Crab
19-02-2019, 09:55 AM
Legend

Not many people call me that on here. :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
19-02-2019, 09:58 AM
Number 22a bus from Strathmartine Road, about 10 minutes from Dens at 21:35 to city centre 21:48, short walk to the station

Billy Whizz
19-02-2019, 10:14 AM
Not many people call me that on here. :greengrin

Think he meant leg-end

jonty
19-02-2019, 12:43 PM
Think he meant leg-end

Only if your leg is called bell :greengrin

(Only joking HC :greengrin)

You definitely don't want to miss the train. Being stuck overnight in Dundee isn't desirable.
if the bus is an option, theres one at 22:40 from the bus station.
After midnight when it gets into Glasgow though.
https://www.travelinescotland.com/

davhibby
19-02-2019, 12:44 PM
Jump on a bus down the hill and you should be fine

Hermit Crab
19-02-2019, 01:13 PM
Only if your leg is called bell :greengrin

(Only joking HC :greengrin)

You definitely don't want to miss the train. Being stuck overnight in Dundee isn't desirable.
if the bus is an option, theres one at 22:40 from the bus station.
After midnight when it gets into Glasgow though.
https://www.travelinescotland.com/

:greengrin

Thats not a bad fall back plan to be honest

Keith_M
19-02-2019, 01:16 PM

You'd be taking quite a risk, mate. It really is quite far and you could easily miss it.

I actually really fancied going to Dens but moving it to the Friday has made that nigh on impossible.

HibeeHibernian4
19-02-2019, 01:25 PM
You'd be taking quite a risk, mate. It really is quite far and you could easily miss it.

I actually really fancied going to Dens but moving it to the Friday has made that nigh on impossible.

When Hibs played there at half 12 on a Sunday last season, I had to jump on a train down to London for work related reasons. The last train from Dundee to London was 15:02, and the game finished just before half 2. It was a brisk walk, but I was comfortably there by 5 to 3. It being all downhill helps massively. Don't think the OP will have any problems at all making either train, especially if they get away from the exits quickly.

Keith_M
19-02-2019, 01:26 PM
When Hibs played there at half 12 on a Sunday last season, I had to jump on a train down to London for work related reasons. The last train from Dundee to London was 15:02, and the game finished just before half 2. It was a brisk walk, but I was comfortably there by 5 to 3. It being all downhill helps massively. Don't think the OP will have any problems at all making either train, especially if they get away from the exits quickly.

Maybe, but you're probably a lot younger than me

:wink:

Pretty Boy
19-02-2019, 01:26 PM

Leave early? Leave ****ing early?

You do know people who leave football matches early are worse than Hitler, Darth Vader and Wallace Mercer all rolled into one. Personally I think the OP should be willing to risk sleeping on the streets of Dundee rather than cause Hibs the embarrassment of an empty seat.

HibeeHibernian4
19-02-2019, 01:29 PM
Maybe, but you're probably a lot younger than me

:wink:

No comment. :greengrin

Keith_M
19-02-2019, 01:33 PM
No comment. :greengrin

Very wise

:greengrin

CMurdoch
19-02-2019, 01:34 PM
It's too long a walk for a man on your schedule
The bus down the hill is the shot.
Plan carefully.

mim
19-02-2019, 01:45 PM

It's only 2 1/2 miles and all downhill.
I managed it in 30 minutes last season and I'm no youngster. :greengrin

RIP
19-02-2019, 04:53 PM
To the OP why not post up a new thread entitled "Lift wanted to Dens from Glasgow"?

Might hit lucky