PDA

View Full Version : Gullan and Murray

GGTTH07
18-02-2019, 10:06 PM
Both got hatricks for the reserves, Fraser a first half Hatrick and Gullan came on as a sub and got one. Brilliant going! Hope both get a chance before end o the season.

SMAXXA
18-02-2019, 10:14 PM
It actually might be the only benefit to finishing bottom 6 young lads getting more game time and I say benefit in the loosest possible term.

Souter96Mac
18-02-2019, 10:24 PM
The team could be full of young players vying for starting positions next season, with Porteous already proving to be one of our key defenders this season before his injury, and Shaw chipping in with goals. Mackie has been in and out, there's then the likes of Murray and Gullan who will be looking at the three names previously mentioned and will feel like they have a genuine chance of breaking into the first team if they can put the work in. The opportunity is there boys, go take it.

04Sauzee
18-02-2019, 10:30 PM
I'm sure I read that Ben Stirling was filled to be the next breakthrough, anyone know much about him and also thought Kane O'Connor could be looking to push on next season?

Smartie
18-02-2019, 10:37 PM
It actually might be the only benefit to finishing bottom 6 young lads getting more game time and I say benefit in the loosest possible term.

A new manager coming in with a reputation for developing young players may have given these lads the biggest boost possible.

It would be great to see some of them given an opportunity.

Mackie has really impressed me when selected and he wasn't even considered to be a stand out. Hopefully there are a few more who take their opportunities like he has.

southsider
18-02-2019, 10:43 PM
I'm sure I read that Ben Stirling was filled to be the next breakthrough, anyone know much about him and also thought Kane O'Connor could be looking to push on next season?

Kane was Scotland u 17 captain. Big powerful lad. Centre half.

AgentDaleCooper
18-02-2019, 10:45 PM

it worked pretty well in 2003-04, to be fair.

Smartie
18-02-2019, 10:48 PM
it worked pretty well in 2003-04, to be fair.

I sometimes wonder if the golden generation were all that talented or if they developed into the players they did simply because they were given more of an opportunity to develop in the first team than many of our young players have had?

Michael
18-02-2019, 11:26 PM
I sometimes wonder if the golden generation were all that talented or if they developed into the players they did simply because they were given more of an opportunity to develop in the first team than many of our young players have had?

They were the good players that came in at the right time (finances weren't great so they got game time). We've since seen young players get 30+ games in the first team, but then fade away.

Boyle89
19-02-2019, 10:39 AM
I'm not trying to bash on either player but dundee were a very young team yesterday and their goaly wasn't up to much. I'd be wary of throwing them in this season. Saying that fraser murray is a beautiful player. Just glides across the park and I'm sure he will be a very good player.

calumhibee1
19-02-2019, 12:11 PM
Gullan must be worth a go ahead of Lewis Allan surely?

GoalsMcGinley
19-02-2019, 01:27 PM
Kane was Scotland u 17 captain. Big powerful lad. Centre half.

He’s also a local lad. Craigentinny born and bred. His old man is pals with mine from school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jones28
19-02-2019, 03:34 PM

I think it must have been a combination of the two. They were in the team out of necessity but there's no question someone like Riordan had a bit of something special about him. O'Connor I felt less so about but he was fast and powerful and played in a team that suited his game. He also had a partnership with Riordan from a young age which must have helped.