PDA

View Full Version : "Best Fans In The World" criticized by Kilmarnock

Keith_M
18-02-2019, 08:29 PM
Invading pitch, wrecking seats, throwing coins and sectarian abuse, apparently (https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17441931.furious-kilmarnock-want-celtic-to-pay-for-the-damage-at-rugby-park/).

ancient hibee
18-02-2019, 08:32 PM
By Boyd rather than Killie.

Antifa Hibs
18-02-2019, 08:36 PM
Yet gave them 8000 tickets and have infact given them three quarters of the stadium before???

-Celtic will pay for the broken seats
-Pitch invisions i've no problem with if celebrating with your team
-Coin thrower is a fanny and if found should be banned

Nout like a bit of sensationalism

Pretty Boy
18-02-2019, 08:42 PM
The whole 'pitch invasion' is being blown out of proportion. It looked like a couple of dozen guys celebrating with their own players.

Throwing coins, breaking seats and sectarianism is ersehole behaviour and should be treated as such.

MWHIBBIES
18-02-2019, 09:17 PM
Not really interseted in what Boyd has to say unless he criticizes his own hun pals for their disgusting behaviour.

silverhibee
18-02-2019, 09:29 PM
The whole 'pitch invasion' is being blown out of proportion. It looked like a couple of dozen guys celebrating with their own players.

Throwing coins, breaking seats and sectarianism is ersehole behaviour and should be treated as such.

Fans seemingly came on to the pitch at the other end and were in the Killie players faces winding them up.

silverhibee
18-02-2019, 09:33 PM
Not really interseted in what Boyd has to say unless he criticizes his own hun pals for their disgusting behaviour.

It was Celtc fans behaving badly, why would he have a go at the Huns. :confused:

Smartie
18-02-2019, 09:42 PM

Boyd always takes abuse in good spirits and he mentions that he doesn't have a problem with the "sectarianism" whilst acknowledging that others might. It's quite an interesting point to make, that different folk have different tolerance levels of certain types of abuse. I'm not even a catholic but object strongly to much of what is hurled at me/ us at Ibrox.

He correctly objects to coins being thrown.

I quite like Boyd.

jacomo
18-02-2019, 09:55 PM
Yet gave them 8000 tickets and have infact given them three quarters of the stadium before???

-Celtic will pay for the broken seats
-Pitch invisions i've no problem with if celebrating with your team
-Coin thrower is a fanny and if found should be banned

Nout like a bit of sensationalism

Busting seats is a dick move. Coin throwing obviously is too.

And a pitch invasion for a regular league game? Purleeze.

cabbageandribs1875
18-02-2019, 10:16 PM
Busting seats is a dick move. Coin throwing obviously is too.

And a pitch invasion for a regular league game? Purleeze.

maybe if we're ever in their position one day we might act the same :dunno: or would we all be nice and calm

JimboHibs
18-02-2019, 10:21 PM
maybe if we're ever in their position one day we might act the same :dunno: or would we all be nice and calm

Nah we would do it properly,get a good couple of thousand on the pitch.

cabbageandribs1875
18-02-2019, 10:23 PM
Nah we would do it properly,get a good couple of thousand on the pitch.

scenes

18-02-2019, 10:36 PM
Boyd always takes abuse in good spirits and he mentions that he doesn't have a problem with the "sectarianism" whilst acknowledging that others might. It's quite an interesting point to make, that different folk have different tolerance levels of certain types of abuse. I'm not even a catholic but object strongly to much of what is hurled at me/ us at Ibrox.

I quite like Boyd.

Boyd to me is a bit of a pantomime character not to be taken too seriously. He often deliberately tries to be a bit controversial just to self-publicise.

Here he dismisses sectarianism as just banter whilst also having an obvious wee dig at Lennon. This detracts from anything sensible in his statement and that sort of attitude about sectarianism is part of the problem. Yes of course the throwing of coins and objects is abysmal and something needs to be done to try and stamp it out but why try and separate the two issues. If you are trying to address one of them then why not address both? Or is he suggesting there is no sectarian issue? Surely not?

Smartie
18-02-2019, 10:40 PM
Boyd to me is a bit of a pantomime character not to be taken too seriously. He often deliberately tries to be a bit controversial just to self-publicise.

Here he dismisses sectarianism as just banter whilst also having an obvious wee dig at Lennon. This detracts from anything sensible in his statement and that sort of attitude about sectarianism is part of the problem. Yes of course the throwing of coins and objects is abysmal and something needs to be done to try and stamp it out but why try and separate the two issues. If you are trying to address one of them then why not address both? Or is he suggesting there is no sectarian issue? Surely not?

There are a great many people in the West of Scotland who consider sectarianism to be banter though.

MWHIBBIES
18-02-2019, 10:48 PM
It was Celtc fans behaving badly, why would he have a go at the Huns. :confused:Well where is he to critisize when the other lot do it? He tounges Rangers arse and critisizes Celtic.

I quite like Boyd.

Did he speak out when a Rangers fan chucked a coin at the linesman earlier this season?

BoomtownHibees
18-02-2019, 10:57 PM
Well where is he to critisize when the other lot do it? He tounges Rangers arse and critisizes Celtic.

Did he speak out when a Rangers fan chucked a coin at the linesman earlier this season?

He’s criticising them because they threw a coin at him. Surely you can see the difference

MWHIBBIES
18-02-2019, 11:04 PM
He’s criticising them because they threw a coin at him. Surely you can see the differenceOf course but still, no one should be throwing coins at anyone.

Probably the same reason he passes the sectarianism off as banter, because his beloved huns are at it every week. Hard to take anyone who finds descrimination a bit of banter seriously

19-02-2019, 12:35 AM
Of course but still, no one should be throwing coins at anyone.

Probably the same reason he passes the sectarianism off as banter, because his beloved huns are at it every week. Hard to take anyone who finds descrimination a bit of banter seriously

Unfortunately very few of our pundits can be taken seriously because their judgment is clouded by their favouritism.

Michael Stewart is one of the few who I think are worth listening to. The only bias he seems to have is against Craig Levein (who he freely admits to disliking) which, in my opinion, just adds to his credibility as Levein is normally being an erse.

MacGruber
19-02-2019, 06:00 AM
If the celtic fans have ran onto the pitch and confronted the Killie players presumably there will be a 2 year running open investigation by the police until everyone of those supporters are brought to justice

Hibernia&Alba
19-02-2019, 06:32 AM
There was sectarian chanting aimed at Boyd as he warmed up. Nothing will be done, as usual.

Sir David Gray
19-02-2019, 06:41 AM
There was sectarian chanting aimed at Boyd as he warmed up. Nothing will be done, as usual.

Yep loud and clear chants of "fat orange *******" could be heard on the TV and several Celtic fans in the front row behind Boyd could be seen joining in with the chant.

I'm no fan of Boyd but I'm very uncomfortable with calling anyone an orange ******* and see it in the same terms as calling someone on the other side a fenian *******.

As usual nothing will be done about this.

Steve20
19-02-2019, 08:13 AM
I knew before I even opened this thread that there would be some people having a go at Boyd rather than Celtic. The Celtic sympathy by some is awful.

SouthMoroccoStu
19-02-2019, 08:44 AM
I knew before I even opened this thread that there would be some people having a go at Boyd rather than Celtic. The Celtic sympathy by some is awful.

True. Compare this to us slagging der hun for their pitch invasion against Livi a month or so ago

But not to defend Boyd, anytime he's on tv he refers to the rangers as Us and We.... Fan or not he needs to remember who his employer is

If this was a hibs player, we won't be happy with this!

Bostonhibby
19-02-2019, 08:55 AM
As pitch invasions go it's a pretty sad effort from the lesser greens but it's no surprise as they were just copying those that went before again and failing miserably.

I've always taken the two cheeks of the same poxy erse approach when it comes to Sevco, the now defunct Glasgow rangers and celtc but for accuracy's sake, calling Boyd a fat Orange ******* is clearly wrong, he's more of a yellowy beige colour under the lights.

Still 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
19-02-2019, 09:01 AM
The radio commentary said Celtic fans ran on from the main stand and confronted Kilmarnock players as well.

ancient hibee
19-02-2019, 09:46 AM
Presumably they'll take to the pitch at Easter Road if ever they manage to beat us here.

The 90+2
19-02-2019, 09:51 AM
Heard the players where taking selfies with some boy who ran to the halfway line. Much worse than any final whistle Scottish Cup win. Sweep sweep sweep.

Kato
19-02-2019, 11:29 AM
There are a great many people in the West of Scotland who consider sectarianism to be banter though.

I know, how backwards is that.

FilipinoHibs
19-02-2019, 11:37 AM
Alright to call Gaza, Goram orange ..... ad they play up to that side of Rangers culture. Boyd is switched on distances himself from that.

silverhibee
19-02-2019, 02:33 PM
Well where is he to critisize when the other lot do it? He tounges Rangers arse and critisizes Celtic.

Once again, it was Celtc fans abusing him and throwing missiles at him, why would he have a go at the huns, the same support who hung effigies from there stadium during a old firm game a few days after Boyd tragically lost his brother, he has every right to call out the Celtc support.

And YES he did speak out against the clown who throw the coin at the Livi game as well as the clowns who done it at St Mirren Tynecastle and he is now saying the same thing about the greatest fans in the world who done it at Rugby park.

NAE NOOKIE
19-02-2019, 11:40 PM
Never been able to understand folk who break seats … I seen a Hibs fan doing it at the Rust Arena one season and just though 'what a sad prick'

AndyM_1875
20-02-2019, 07:37 AM
Alright to call Gaza, Goram orange ..... ad they play up to that side of Rangers culture. Boyd is switched on distances himself from that.

Nah, it's not alright. We are nearly 20 years into the 21st Century and sadly folk still come out with this sectarian garbage. It's downright sad. If you used terms like that at your work you'd be disciplined and possibly sacked.

Boyd isn't daft, generally he tries to play it down but even for him Sunday was too much.

As for breaking seats, that's just knuckledragger behaviour.

Hibernia&Alba
20-02-2019, 10:13 AM
Nah, it's not alright. We are nearly 20 years into the 21st Century and sadly folk still come out with this sectarian garbage. It's downright sad. If you used terms like that at your work you'd be disciplined and possibly sacked.

Boyd isn't daft, generally he tries to play it down but even for him Sunday was too much.

As for breaking seats, that's just knuckledragger behaviour.

:top marks

silverhibee
20-02-2019, 10:48 PM
The greatest fans in the world having a few problems in Spain tonight, reports that Spanish police have opened fire with rubber bullets and charged Celtc fans with batons after Celtc fans believe it or not having been causing bother.

C'mon the Spanish polis.

silverhibee
20-02-2019, 10:54 PM
Michael McDevitt added: "I think this is absolutely shocking behaviour from the police. Celtic fans have the label of the best behaved fans in the World. Stay safe Bhoys and Ghirls. Enjoy the game have fun."

:faf:

DH1875
21-02-2019, 09:25 AM
The greatest fans in the world having a few problems in Spain tonight, reports that Spanish police have opened fire with rubber bullets and charged Celtc fans with batons after Celtc fans believe it or not having been causing bother.

C'mon the Spanish polis.

Apparently a lot of bother in Benidorm the last couple of days including a rangers bar being set on fire. It's just a coincidence that celtic fans are in the area though.

hibbyfraelibby
21-02-2019, 10:03 AM
Apparently Kilmarnock in the form of Clarke have now, for the sake of balance, criticised the worlds second best fans too.

Chorley Hibee
21-02-2019, 10:42 AM
😂😂😂😂😂

FilipinoHibs
21-02-2019, 10:47 AM

I quite like Boyd.

Has mental health charity after his brother committed suicide.Good bloke.

FilipinoHibs
21-02-2019, 10:48 AM
Michael McDevitt added: "I think this is absolutely shocking behaviour from the police. Celtic fans have the label of the best behaved fans in the World. Stay safe Bhoys and Ghirls. Enjoy the game have fun."

:faf:

You could not make it up. It was made uo

Bostonhibby
21-02-2019, 11:43 AM

:faf:Celtc fans have been labelled the best fans in the world by..........

Celtc fans. No surprise there then.

Know the area well and the police will not just randomly attack football fans but they'll definitely crack down on erseholes ruining the area for everyone else and they won't turn a blind eye police Glasgow style.

C'mon the forces of law and order.

Keith_M
21-02-2019, 01:14 PM
"A club unlike any other"

"The greatest fans in the world"

"Formed for charitable reasons"

Each of those phrases always makes me chuckle.

Bostonhibby
21-02-2019, 02:20 PM
"A club unlike any other"

"The greatest fans in the world"

"Formed for charitable reasons"

Each of those phrases always makes me chuckle.Formed as a result of Hibernians charitable donations then quickly turned into a professional outfit much to the horror of the priest who helped set the club up.

They are certainly unlike any other, no one copies everyone else like celtc.

DH1875
21-02-2019, 05:02 PM
They all in the jail or something? Stadium looks empty.

Keith_M
21-02-2019, 05:11 PM
They all in the jail or something? Stadium looks empty.

RU at Celtic Park?

😔

DH1875
21-02-2019, 05:14 PM
RU at Celtic Park?

😔

:confused:

Watching on the telly box. Top tiers look empty (including where the celtic fans are) and bottom tiers aren't exactly full.

silverhibee
21-02-2019, 06:44 PM
:confused:

Watching on the telly box. Top tiers look empty (including where the celtic fans are) and bottom tiers aren't exactly full.

Celtc have 2000 fans inside the stadium, the rest of them are outside drinking in pubs and were attacked at HT by the Spanish polis again. :greengrin

Keith_M
21-02-2019, 06:46 PM
Celtc have 2000 fans inside the stadium, the rest of them are outside drinking in pubs and were attacked at HT by the Spanish polis again. :greengrin

Makes me quite fond of the Spanish Cops.

:greengrin