PDA

View Full Version : NHC Mickel Miller

hughio
18-02-2019, 10:35 AM
That winger Hamilton have signed from Carshalton is a bit of a player going by his performance on Saturday.
Get him in Petrie!

Hibbyradge
18-02-2019, 10:38 AM
That winger Hamilton have signed from Carshalton is a bit of a player going by his performance on Saturday.
Get him in Petrie!

Petrie doesn't sign players.

Just saying.

Roxyhibee
18-02-2019, 10:44 AM
The guy was very skilful, got past a few of our players. Put in some threatening balls too.

scuttle
18-02-2019, 10:49 AM
Get him in Petrie!

Said this on Saturday too, was Hamiltons main threat, very skillful direct and not afraid to take people on

hughio
18-02-2019, 10:50 AM
Petrie doesn't sign players.

Just saying.

Ha ha!

Itsnoteasy
18-02-2019, 10:51 AM
Get him in Petrie!

Was that No 11?

Speedway
18-02-2019, 10:51 AM
Was that No 11?

Yep, a good potential replacement for Pong.

My_Wife_Camille
18-02-2019, 10:54 AM
Ah yes, the weekly 'opposition winger took a player on, could he do a job?' thread 😂

Hibernian Verse
18-02-2019, 10:55 AM
Ah yes, the weekly 'opposition winger took a player on, could he do a job?' thread 😂

He did more than that, and has scored 9 goals for Accies in what is a shocking team.

MB62
18-02-2019, 11:04 AM

Just because this MIGHT be a common reaction to opposition player who play well against (although can't say I have noticed this to be the case) doesn't mean to say that there are no wee gems out there to be cherry picked for the future. I thought the lad had a good game and certainly skinned a few of our players, left Hanlon for dead at one point, had a very good shot just over the bar and was a constant threat.

If we shut our eyes to these players then we could maybe just miss out. I certainly thought the lad was worth looking at again by one of our scouts?

Billy Whizz
18-02-2019, 11:06 AM
He played for their development side against Hibs last season, was a stand out

Smartie
18-02-2019, 11:06 AM
I told my brother that he was their best player before we watched the highlights together and even on the limited Sportscene highlights he was at the centre of everything positive that they did.

He looked like a cracking player to me, and exactly the type we should be signing.

green with envy
18-02-2019, 11:07 AM
Get him in Petrie!

Surely not based on one game.

I remember at the time folk saying we should have signed Rakish Bingham after his wonder goal for Hamilton against us last season.

Where is he now - the dizzy heights of Cheltenham Town.

Rocky
18-02-2019, 11:08 AM
I pretty much never notice opposition players but he really stood out. Looked very dangerous and comfortable with the ball at his feet.

hughio
18-02-2019, 11:08 AM
Yeah...because I honestly cant remember when I saw such a mazy winger take on and beat a few defenders at speed and that's what I like best in games of football.Sorry if it offends.
I wasn't serious about signing him obvs.

green with envy
18-02-2019, 11:12 AM
Yeah...because I honestly cant remember when I saw such a mazy winger take on and beat a few defenders at speed and that's what I like best in games of football.Sorry if it offends.

If you ever get a chance when he's fit, check out the Hibs winger Martin Boyle.

Smartie
18-02-2019, 11:14 AM

It was a fairly nondescript Hamilton side. Normally I'll recognise a few players but Ziggy Gordon was the only one of their players who I knew.

The number 11 caught the eye immediately and was a menace throughout the game. I must admit I'd never heard of him before, and knew nothing about him until this thread.

I remember hearing about a few players for the first time - such as my mate going on about "the boy Mallan that's meant to take a decent free kick" when we played St Mirren.

Bobby's Cinema
18-02-2019, 11:34 AM
He looked like a player.

Thought they added to the game the way they tried to play, lead to a better watch than some of the stuffy, aberdeen type performances from away teams we see more often than not. Though suppose they had to open up at 2 down.

hibeerealist
18-02-2019, 11:38 AM
Get him in Petrie!

Agree, I think he was very good and caused our defence quite a few problems on Saturday. Could well be one to look out for!

hughio
18-02-2019, 11:41 AM
If you ever get a chance when he's fit, check out the Hibs winger Martin Boyle.Of course I love Boyle's speed too but its been a while since he really impressed and this boy seemed to me anyway more of a footballer.Not looking to rubbish any of our squad.

superfurryhibby
18-02-2019, 12:39 PM

Followed by the weekly, or is it daily attention seeking comment from yourself:aok:

I thought Miller looked very impressive. He was rapid and direct, best attacking player on the park on Saturday.

Hibby Kay-Yay
18-02-2019, 12:46 PM
Of course I love Boyle's speed too but its been a while since he really impressed and this boy seemed to me anyway more of a footballer.Not looking to rubbish any of our squad.

:Ummm: Martin is one of our best players (when played on the wing) and I was really hoping that we would get Barker for this season on the left. Having both of them in the team would have been immense.

hughio
18-02-2019, 12:57 PM
:Ummm: Martin is one of our best players (when played on the wing) and I was really hoping that we would get Barker for this season on the left. Having both of them in the team would have been immense.

He was out of position as a striker and I think went a bit off since getting picked for the Aussies.It was perhaps as far back as the 6-0 against Accies that I can recall seeing him flying past people and cutting inside....then being a bit inconsistent with that final ball (to be honest).Mickel Miller just looked to me a controlled footballer who timed things very well all in a natural easy way at speed and made good decisions at the end of it.

Hibby Kay-Yay
18-02-2019, 01:27 PM
He was out of position as a striker and I think went a bit off since getting picked for the Aussies.It was perhaps as far back as the 6-0 against Accies that I can recall seeing him flying past people and cutting inside....then being a bit inconsistent with that final ball (to be honest).Mickel Miller just looked to me a controlled footballer who timed things very well all in a natural easy way at speed and made good decisions at the end of it.

That’s fair enough and I agree that Squirrel is not a striker. He’s definitely a talented winger and if his final delivery and shooting we’re more consistently good he’d not be here with us!

It will be interesting what happens with Mickel over the summer.

green with envy
18-02-2019, 01:38 PM
Of course I love Boyle's speed too but its been a while since he really impressed and this boy seemed to me anyway more of a footballer.Not looking to rubbish any of our squad.

I honestly cant remember when I saw such a mazy winger take on and beat a few defenders at speed

It's not the same as saying what you posted above on an earlier post.

I do agree the lad looked impressive on Saturday but you can't sustain buying players that look the part every time they play a decent game against us. I'm not sure if he played when we beat them away 1-0 in December but if he did, he done nothing that was like anything impressive.

He's been with Hamilton for over a year scoring 4 league goals and only 1 assist and yet you believe he's a better footballer than Boyle.

hughio
18-02-2019, 01:47 PM
I honestly cant remember when I saw such a mazy winger take on and beat a few defenders at speed

I do agree the lad looked impressive on Saturday but you can't sustain buying players that look the part every time they play a decent game against us. I'm not sure if he played when we beat them away 1-0 in December but if he did, he done nothing that was like anything impressive.

He's been with Hamilton for over a year scoring 4 league goals and only 1 assist and yet you believe he's a better footballer than Boyle.

You are right .I am inaccurate.Just meant I liked his style.Only joking about buying him right away obviously.Thanks for pointing out he's been there a year though.I misread and thought he was a new arrival.Maybe he just had a one off blinder.

Smartie
18-02-2019, 01:52 PM

Boyle's cv prior to joining Hibs wasn't exactly sparkling but he clearly had a bit of raw talent to work with, exactly the same as Miller of Accies.

green with envy
18-02-2019, 02:12 PM
Boyle's cv prior to joining Hibs wasn't exactly sparkling but he clearly had a bit of raw talent to work with, exactly the same as Miller of Accies.

And your point being?

calumhibee1
18-02-2019, 02:14 PM
Not for me.

superfurryhibby
18-02-2019, 02:21 PM

14 games for Hamilton , in League and Cup, this season and 7 goals. Pretty impressive stat really, isn’t it?

Nobody’s really saying we should buy him based on Saturday, but the boy’s done good given where he’s come from. Worth keeping an eye on anyway.

Groathillgrump
18-02-2019, 02:24 PM
14 games for Hamilton , in League and Cup, this season and 7 goals. Pretty impressive stat really, isn’t it?

Nobody’s really saying we should buy him based on Saturday, but the boy’s done good given where he’s come from. Worth keeping an eye on anyway.

Definitely worth keeping an eye on. He was a standout for them on Saturday.

inglisavhibs
18-02-2019, 02:37 PM
Definitely worth keeping an eye on. He was a standout for them on Saturday.
Yes, his current contract ends this season and I think Hamilton turned down an offer earlier from a smallish club down South. He looked decent and very athletic ( something we lack)

Groathillgrump
18-02-2019, 02:39 PM

Do you take pleasure in winding people up? :rolleyes:

hughio was obviously being tongue in cheek when he suggested signing him up on the strength of one game.

There's nothing wrong with people pointing out that an opposition player had a good game against us. I'd hope that Heckingbottom and the recruitment team were taking a mental note of Miller's name too and will be keeping an eye on his performances for Hamilton over the next couple of months.

green with envy
18-02-2019, 02:42 PM

Taken from football stats... 26 Appearances this season, 7 goals - 3 of them in a league cup tie against Berwick Rangers back in July. His league goals 1 in August, 2 in September with his last being just before Christmas.

I would have to disagree with these stats being impressive. I said earlier that I wasn't sure if he played in the 1-0 for us back in December as he done nothing that was impressive and it turns out he did indeed play in that particular game.

Oh, and you'll see that the OP did suggest that Petrie signs him on the back of his performance on Saturday.

hughio
18-02-2019, 02:53 PM
Taken from football stats... 26 Appearances this season, 7 goals - 3 of them in a league cup tie against Berwick Rangers back in July. His league goals 1 in August, 2 in September with his last being just before Christmas.

I would have to disagree with these stats being impressive. I said earlier that I wasn't sure if he played in the 1-0 for us back in December as he done nothing that was impressive and it turns out he did indeed play in that particular game.

Oh, and you'll see that the OP did suggest that Petrie signs him on the back of his performance on Saturday.

No I didn't!

That is what you call banter in the spirit of radges on here that actually think that way.I'm sure you're not one of those.

green with envy
18-02-2019, 03:04 PM
No I didn't!

That is what you call banter in the spirit of radges on here that actually think that way.I'm sure you're not one of those.

Oh but you did. I see you've added an exclamation mark to make a point that you didn't, as you did when you suggested that Petrie gets him in. You canny have it both ways.

"That winger Hamilton have signed from Carshalton is a bit of a player going by his performance on Saturday.
Get him in Petrie!"

greenlex
18-02-2019, 03:37 PM

All done playing in a piss poor Hamilton side. He was direct and caused us all sorts of problems. Would be a good addition to our squad.

FitbaFolkKen
18-02-2019, 03:39 PM
Oh but you did. I see you've added an exclamation mark to make a point that you didn't, as you did when you suggested that Petrie gets him in. You canny have it both ways.

"That winger Hamilton have signed from Carshalton is a bit of a player going by his performance on Saturday.
Get him in Petrie!"

Being a bit picky here no? I thought he was excellent too, he made Hanlon look daft a couple of times.

Might be that the tactics employed by Rice are more attacking than Cannings and hence Miller is playing better. Which would be why he stands out now and perhaps not when we last played them.

Would I be happy if we signed him up based on that performance, probably yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

linlithgowhibbie
18-02-2019, 04:34 PM
I was speaking to 2 Accies fans before the game. The travel to every Accies match (real footie fans) and they were singing his praises. They said he was very fast, true, could run and dribble past defenders, true, could shoot, true, and had a good knowledge of the game, looked true.:agree:

Franck Stanton
18-02-2019, 04:49 PM
Don't know why Hughio is getting such a hard time on here to be honest. Only made point he thought the Hamilton player had a good game and is worth keeping an eye on with a view to a possible signing in the near future. For what it's worth so do I. Thought he had a good game and if wasn't a one off, well worth keeping tabs on him.

04Sauzee
18-02-2019, 05:12 PM
There are a number not YouTube videos of the boy and he looms very tricky although the quality not the opposition is poor. Looks like Hamilton have got themselves a decent player
https://youtu.be/bMq-fh5fH-w

https://youtu.be/LPuxfC8iqIQ

superfurryhibby
18-02-2019, 05:16 PM

Get him in Petrie!"

C’mon, you know that kind of comment about Petrie is an in joke on here.

As for the stats, 7 goals for a winger in a pish side in 26 games. You’re obviously not easily impressed.

green with envy
18-02-2019, 05:32 PM

As for the stats, 7 goals for a winger in a pish side in 26 games. You’re obviously not easily impressed.

As said, 3 of them were against Berwick Rangers in July.

If you care to check back on my earlier posts you'll see that I've already said he was impressive on Saturday. I've also said too that he wan't that impressive when they played us at their own ground back in December.

Leith Green
18-02-2019, 05:37 PM
Yep, a good potential replacement for Pong.

Yeah he had some Ping on him.

hughio
19-02-2019, 08:15 AM

Thank you!

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-02-2019, 03:53 PM

He had a decent showing on Saturday, and if there are players with that ability in the seventh tier (?)of the English game, then maybe we shouldn't dismiss players from the old third and fourth divisions down there.

Shrekko
19-02-2019, 09:26 PM
An obviously exciting footballer who looks like a cracking player at this level. Very much doubt he’s a flash in the pan. His pace alone makes him a massive weapon.

NAE NOOKIE
19-02-2019, 11:34 PM
The lad was a standout on Saturday without a doubt, he was waltzing past Hibs players like they weren't there at times. It would be daft to consider signing anybody on the strength of one performance, but there's certainly no harm in keeping tabs on him between now and the end of the season … especially if he will be out of contract then as some folk have suggested.

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2019, 08:17 AM
An obviously exciting footballer who looks like a cracking player at this level. Very much doubt he’s a flash in the pan. His pace alone makes him a massive weapon.

I've was told he's a decent lad, i'm shocked to hear that.

Peevemor
20-02-2019, 08:17 AM
I've was told he's a decent lad, i'm shocked to hear that.

:top marks

inglisavhibs
28-02-2019, 02:23 PM
Don't know why Hughio is getting such a hard time on here to be honest. Only made point he thought the Hamilton player had a good game and is worth keeping an eye on with a view to a possible signing in the near future. For what it's worth so do I. Thought he had a good game and if wasn't a one off, well worth keeping tabs on him.

Still scoring goals, hope Hibs are interested. Contract up at end of season.

ian cruise
18-03-2019, 09:23 PM
Just watching sportscene and it was a great cross for accies goal. I know its just highlights but I'd from the bits I've seen of Miller I think he'd be worth a gamble, similar to Boyle (the situation not the players themselves).

Hibernia&Alba
19-03-2019, 05:19 AM
Mickel Miller, Wasn't he a famous racing greyhound? :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2019, 08:14 AM
Mickel Miller, Wasn't he a famous racing greyhound? :greengrin

I thought he was the guy who looked a bit like Hulk Hogan after a really long weekend on the lash?