PDA

View Full Version : The king is dead long live the king!

BILLYHIBS
18-02-2019, 04:20 AM
I am a ST holder at Easter Road

On Saturday I moved my seat and found myself sitting in the West Centre Stand Just above the Directors Box.

I was mixing with a new set of HIBS fans,players,explayers and club officials

All around me there seemed to be a new buzz to the place a freshness an optimism an enthusiasm a hopefulness for the future everyone seemed to be smiling and all around me was positive energy

It was like a sense of relief that the old regime was over and that we were about to enter into a new adventure a run of games that hopefully will see us launch ourselves back into the top six and there was no way we were losing that days game versus Hamilton

It is a feeling I have not experienced at Easter Road for a good 3-4 months

Did anyone else pick up on this new found positive energy or did I just have too much Hibernian Ale?

Managers and players come and go but we the fans and Hibernian Football Club will always be here and that is all that truly matters

THE KING IS DEAD LONG LIVE THE KING!

Carheenlea
18-02-2019, 06:44 AM
Bill Leckie from The Sun doesn’t agree. Certainly going by his stick-the-boot-into-Hibs article/match report now that “Lenny” has departed.
There was definitely a feeling of a new era and the natural curiosity that every managerial debut brings, but I wouldn’t say I felt a great buzz around the stadium as such. Certainly left with a spring in the step after an encouraging start.

pacoluna
18-02-2019, 06:49 AM
No the atmosphere was flat. Not many people stayed to applaud the new "king" either.

ian cruise
18-02-2019, 06:50 AM
Bill Leckie from The Sun doesn’t agree. Certainly going by his stick-the-boot-into-Hibs article/match report now that “Lenny” has departed.
There was definitely a feeling of a new era and the natural curiosity that every managerial debut brings, but I wouldn’t say I felt a great buzz around the stadium as such. Certainly left with a spring in the step after an encouraging start.

I normally find Bill Leckie very good and impartial, not read the article yet but if he's going by the general mood on the forums and online he's probably right that there's not a wave of optimism engulfing the club. I think the hysteria of the last few weeks will take a few weeks to subside and I imagine there were a lot on Sat who were nervously hopefully rather than wildly optimistic.

Good win against an improved Hamilton has definitely helped post match and I think next week a few more will be taking their seat a lot more confident than they were before Hamilton.

Broken Gnome
18-02-2019, 06:51 AM

I read that but was reluctant to post, as it would've just started the same fights all over again. Rotten article. Genuinely don't get this theory that the board for some reason are opposed to having an exciting successful side, to the point they'd actively sabotage the management without a single mitigating factor.

Leckie also doesn't quite factor in that Hearts/St Mirren/Livi/St Johnstone at home and Kilmarnock away under Lennon were hardly thrill a minute.

Hermit Crab
18-02-2019, 06:52 AM

On Saturday I moved my seat and found myself sitting in the West Centre Stand Just above the Directors Box.

All around me there seemed to be a new buzz to the place a freshness an optimism an enthusiasm a hopefulness for the future everyone seemed to be smiling and all around me was positive energy

It was like a sense of relief that the old regime was over and that we were about to enter into a new adventure a run of games that hopefully will see us launch ourselves back into the top six and there was no way we were losing that days game versus Hamilton

Did anyone else pick up on this new found positive energy or did I just have too much Hibernian Ale?

Managers and players come and go but we the fans and Hibernian Football Club will always be here and that is all that truly matters

Tell me, have you recently taken acid? :greengrin

The Harp Awakes
18-02-2019, 06:55 AM

I actually thought the crowd was very subdued on Saturday. Wins and better performances will change that though and Saturday was a good start for PH albeit Hamilton didn't look a great side, apart from the wee guy Miller.

Bill Leckie is one of the better pundits IMO. The guys who have stuck the boot into Hibs in the media are more Lennon's old team mates or those of the Celtic persuasion; Sutton, Hartson and Provan to name a few. Other pundits including Michael Stewart have been very reasonable and actually his piece in Sunday's Sun about PH was bang on the money.

BILLYHIBS
18-02-2019, 07:00 AM
Tell me, have you recently taken acid? :greengrin

Ha Ha!

Never touched the stuff tbh

I did feel leaving the ground with the expected improvement and new management bounce and better organisation and man management skills that PH seemed to bring to the table a lot more confident about the upcoming cup tie versus Celtic ( touch wood) :greengrin

Hermit Crab
18-02-2019, 07:10 AM
Ha Ha!

Never touched the stuff tbh

I did feel leaving the ground with the expected improvement and new management bounce and better organisation and man management skills that PH seemed to bring to the table a lot more confident about the upcoming cup tie versus Celtic ( touch wood) :greengrin

I felt the match was mostly awful and while we were good in flashes we weren't brilliant and I can understand why the atmosphere was flat.

Spike Mandela
18-02-2019, 07:11 AM

Sorry but I just never sensed any of that at all. It was more a sense of recognition that ‘we are where we are, let’s get on with it’.

There most certainly wasn’t a buzz about the the new appointment, neither around me in the stadium or on the supporters bus.

Through various conversations the feeling seemed to be that nobody knew anything about the new guy, he came across well in interviews, he will be given a chance, every appointment is a gamble etc etc.

Heck will have to build a buzz for himself and hopefully he can do that through upcoming performances and results. He has as much chance as anyone I would guess.

Frazerbob
18-02-2019, 07:15 AM
I overheard one guy after the match complaining that ‘not much different from a Lennon performance’. FFS the guy had been in the door 5 minutes and taken one training session lol.
As for the utter fannies at the back of section 43 trying to start ‘1 Neil Lennon’ as PH was being introduced to the crowd, just **** off!

green with envy
18-02-2019, 07:16 AM

It seems like that you've just answered your own question.

jacomo
18-02-2019, 07:19 AM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3891112/hibs-easter-road-x-factor-fans-bill-leckie/

Not sure what to make of this piece to be honest. At least Leckie normally has a genuine viewpoint.

Regardless of who was to blame (probably a bit of blame on all sides) Hibs once again are in a position where the manager leaves during or shortly after their first sustained dip in results.

I wanted Lenny to turn it around, and break this cycle, but it wasn’t to be. If PH can deliver the results and some swagger then all will be forgotten.

mcfly
18-02-2019, 07:19 AM
Lack of atmosphere
Never 16000 there and the board must be concerned re season ticket sales

If we don’t turn up for a new managers first game when will we??

SquashedFrogg
18-02-2019, 07:23 AM
Sorry but I just never sensed any of that at all. It was more a sense of recognition that ‘we are where we are, let’s get on with it’.

There most certainly wasn’t a buzz about the the new appointment, neither around me in the stadium or on the supporters bus.

Through various conversations the feeling seemed to be that nobody knew anything about the new guy, he came across well in interviews, he will be given a chance, every appointment is a gamble etc etc.

Heck will have to build a buzz for himself and hopefully he can do that through upcoming performances and results. He has as much chance as anyone I would guess.

I suppose everyone will have different experiences. Chat around us in the East was positive. Defo a lighter mood and a wee buzz.

Possibly a bit of relief as well that we've got a new manager in place and can move forward.

SquashedFrogg
18-02-2019, 07:25 AM
I felt the match was mostly awful and while we were good in flashes we weren't brilliant and I can understand why the atmosphere was flat.

Atmosphere has been flat virtually all season tbf.

BoomtownHibees
18-02-2019, 07:26 AM
Lack of atmosphere

When we start winning games again. Simples

green day
18-02-2019, 07:28 AM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3891112/hibs-easter-road-x-factor-fans-bill-leckie/

Not sure what to make of this piece to be honest. At least Leckie normally has a genuine viewpoint.

Regardless of who was to blame (probably a bit of blame on all sides) Hibs once again are in a position where the manager leaves during or shortly after their first sustained dip in results.

I wanted Lenny to turn it around, and break this cycle, but it wasn’t to be. If PH can deliver the results and some swagger then all will be forgotten.

Hi, dont want to be a dick but can you cut and paste stuff from the Sun? The fewer clicks that rag gets the better. Ta

BILLYHIBS
18-02-2019, 07:29 AM

Hmmmm!

Interesting article and many thanks for posting and a big thanks to all my fellow posters for their interesting and much appreciated feedback

Onwards and upwards

Heisenberg
18-02-2019, 07:33 AM

I found it to be a load of pish. Leckie looks back at the 6-0 win against Hamilton last time out, where the opposition put in an awful performance. We were good but were up against a team that was totally different to what we faced at the weekend. They were more organised at the back by a very long way, however with a couple of better decisions in attacking situations we still could’ve scored another two or three goals.

Leckie also fails to note or mention the absolutely dreadful performances we’d been putting in ever since that 6-0 Hamilton game. He goes on about 5k missing fans but we never used to sell out games against Hamilton under Lennon so I’m not sure why that would be different now.

All in all, another Lennon puff piece put out by his media chums.

Borderhibbie76
18-02-2019, 07:33 AM
I read that but was reluctant to post, as it would've just started the same fights all over again. Rotten article. Genuinely don't get this theory that the board for some reason are opposed to having an exciting successful side, to the point they'd actively sabotage the management without a single mitigating factor.

Leckie also doesn't quite factor in that Hearts/St Mirren/Livi/St Johnstone at home and Kilmarnock away under Lennon were hardly thrill a minute.He also makes out like Hibs are the only club in the land who include non attending ST holders in the attendance. Utter fud just like the rest of the weedgie media and their pro Lennon campaign...it's getting boring now. He also fails to mention our slide down the table as being anything to do with Lennon?? No apparently it's all the boards fault

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jones28
18-02-2019, 07:34 AM
With Lennon gone I think we can expect more of the same.

Good. **** the Sun.

Borderhibbie76
18-02-2019, 07:37 AM
With Lennon gone I think we can expect more of the same.

Good. **** the Sun.Absolutely as far as the weedgie media are concerned we are public enemy no 1 now...back to the pre-Lennon stance for the likes of the Sun and Record when it comes to reporting on our club. Why any Hibee would buy or believe a single word they print is beyond me...

jacomo
18-02-2019, 07:38 AM
I found it to be a load of pish. Leckie looks back at the 6-0 win against Hamilton last time out, where the opposition put in an awful performance. We were good but were up against a team that was totally different to what we faced at the weekend. They were more organised at the back by a very long way, however with a couple of better decisions in attacking situations we still could’ve scored another two or three goals.

Leckie also fails to note or mention the absolutely dreadful performances we’d been putting in ever since that 6-0 Hamilton game. He goes on about 5k missing fans but we never used to sell out games against Hamilton under Lennon so I’m not sure why that would be different now.

:agree:

Plucking the 6-0 result out of context is certainly misleading.

Something was clearly off behind the scenes this season. Our coaching team berating the players in public is not ‘ambition’ but a sign that all was not well.

Jones28
18-02-2019, 07:39 AM
Absolutely as far as the weedgie media are concerned we are public enemy no 1 now...back to the pre-Lennon stance for the likes of the Sun and Record when it comes to reporting on our club. Why any Hibee would buy or believe a single word they print is beyond me...

I will never understand it.

Did Lennon not ban the sun for a while or is that just in my head? In the aftermath of the bust up with Jim Duffy.

bigswissstriker
18-02-2019, 07:41 AM
I overheard one guy after the match complaining that ‘not much different from a Lennon performance’. FFS the guy had been in the door 5 minutes and taken one training session lol.
As for the utter fannies at the back of section 43 trying to start ‘1 Neil Lennon’ as PH was being introduced to the crowd, just **** off!

I sit just next to the boys in question. I booed there first shout and got told after by the wee fat alky guy in question that he was going to “knock my head off”. This wee group are grade A ********s. Same crap every week from them seems to me like they only turn up tonto spew there utter drivel

green with envy
18-02-2019, 07:43 AM

I'm sure it was the same two idiots at the recent game at Parkhead.

DetroitHibs
18-02-2019, 07:45 AM
I'm completely over the past month or so. Lennon no longer has anything to do with Hibs, and Paul is the new man to take us forward. I knew absolutely zilch about the man before he took over, but he's our gaffer and will have my backing.

Keith_M
18-02-2019, 07:52 AM

Nice to hear, Billy. Thanks for sharing that.

Most people I've spoken to are of the 'fingers crossed' view. I'm fairly positive at the moment

jacomo
18-02-2019, 08:10 AM

:agree:

Plucking the 6-0 result out of context is certainly misleading.

Something was clearly off behind the scenes this season. Our coaching team berating the players in public is not ‘ambition’ but a sign that all was not well.

J-C
18-02-2019, 08:41 AM
Yes the crowd seemed subdued but it was mainly due to being curious as to what we were expecting from a new manager. It was obvious he's not had too long to work with them but the 1st thing I noticed was the team had a good solid shape in attack and more particularly in defence. We defended with 2 solid lines of 4 with the strikers chasing down from the front and it made us harder to break down. We've been vemoaingthe fact for long enough that we chopped and changed every week, with the players looking uncertain as to their jobs on the pitch, someone else posted that Heckers was constantly talking to players on the sidelines during breaks in play, onwards and upwards.

Springbank
18-02-2019, 08:45 AM
I feel much the same as the OP

Lennon really lost me after the May 2018 Tynecastle game, where he picked a strange team (leaving McLaren & McGeough out), then he hung McGeough out to dry publicly ("Dylan's leaving"...when Dylan was still contemplating an offer from Hibs), then he went into his meltdown and into hiding for a few days, saying he might not hang around at ER. Gee thanks, your majesty...

When someone (especially the public face of the club) says they don't want to be there, you can't expect anything other than a dip from the players (in my opinion). That's why you never got Fergie or Wenger naming the date they'd leave, as the minute the boss ain't the long term boss, there's an impact on the park and it's not a good one.

So, I'm glad Lennon has ended what he began in Gorgie in May 2018 (ie his departure from Easter Road).
I wish him well.
But I wish Hibs better.

Here's to the new era, may it be better than the old era...

:flag:

Stuart93
18-02-2019, 08:59 AM

Yep, absolute tits, same fuds who were giving scott Allan abuse for being a “hun” when he came back last season.

Can imagine it’ll cause trouble at some point if it continues

The_Horde
18-02-2019, 09:04 AM
Yep, absolute tits, same fuds who were giving scott Allan abuse for being a “hun” when he came back last season.

Knowing the characters you're on about, that's probably exactly what they want.

killie-hibby
18-02-2019, 09:23 AM
Lack of atmosphere

I have been supporting Hibs since the mid fifties and have never experienced a significant attendance increase for a new managers debut at ER. Increased attendance is dependant on team performance,not to view a complete stranger sitting in the dugout.

Chuck Rhoades
18-02-2019, 09:31 AM
Lack of atmosphere

Aye a few wins and run of form, same as we always do.

bigswissstriker
18-02-2019, 09:32 AM
I'm sure it was the same two idiots at the recent game at Parkhead.

It was , along with a couple others. Weird Cos I’ve sat up there for 4 seasons now and first saw the guy that was causing issues at CP at the home Aberdeen game, I thought he was an Aberdeen fan. Now I’ve seen him every week since and can honestly I’ve never disliked a man I’ve never met as much in my life

Nakedmanoncrack
18-02-2019, 09:39 AM

Matter of time until these clowns annoy the wrong person and it'll end in tears.

FilipinoHibs
18-02-2019, 10:01 AM

Lennon really lost me after the May 2018 Tynecastle game, where he picked a strange team (leaving McLaren & McGeough out), then he hung McGeough out to dry publicly ("Dylan's leaving"...when Dylan was still contemplating an offer from Hibs), then he went into his meltdown and into hiding for a few days, saying he might not hang around at ER. Gee thanks, your majesty...

When someone (especially the public face of the club) says they don't want to be there, you can't expect anything other than a dip from the players (in my opinion). That's why you never got Fergie or Wenger naming the date they'd leave, as the minute the boss ain't the long term boss, there's an impact on the park and it's not a good one.

So, I'm glad Lennon has ended what he began in Gorgie in May 2018 (ie his departure from Easter Road).
I wish him well.
But I wish Hibs better.

Fergie did announce his retirement and the team stopped trying. He retracted it and form picked up. I am handing in my retirement notice on Wednesday with the minimum period of notice. Will be on here a lot more!

Speedway
18-02-2019, 10:19 AM
1. When Hibs win consistently, crowds pick up, regardless of manager.

2. When there’s something to play for, crowds pick up, even if that something is bad. Fenlon versus the pars to avoid relegation post Calderwood for example.

3. We were playing badly and slipping down the table with a manager who by his own admission was mentally unwell at times.

4. We won on Saturday and played well.

Please can Hernit Crab show me where the problem is.

BILLYHIBS
18-02-2019, 10:30 AM

I wish him well.
But I wish Hibs better.

Agree May 2018 at Tiny was the beginning of the end for me

Crazy team selections weird formations and tactics constant rotation of players in positions foreign to them publicly calling out players irrational behaviour threatening to leave etc etc

Speaking to people on Saturday reading between the lines the general consensus seemed to be relief that it is all over time to move on

Onwards and upwards

Sean1875
18-02-2019, 11:20 AM
Matter of time until these clowns annoy the wrong person and it'll end in tears.

:agree: Im a few rows down from them in 43, bunch of fannys. Couldn't believe it when they started chanting 'One Neil Lennon' on Saturday, embarrassing.

SquashedFrogg
18-02-2019, 11:42 AM
:agree: Im a few rows down from them in 43, bunch of fannys. Couldn't believe it when they started chanting 'One Neil Lennon' on Saturday, embarrassing.

I'm not far away away from you mate. Embarrassing is the perfect description.

houstonhibbee
18-02-2019, 12:17 PM
I watched the game on hibs tv and enjoyed it albeit it fizzled out towards the end after the game was won. Football is a team sport and for the first time in a long time it felt like the team was cohesive and everyone knew what they were meant to be doing rather than just being a bunch of individuals

Keith_M
18-02-2019, 12:43 PM

Definitely, I'm in the process of moving my Season Ticket seat over to Section 43.

They p1ssed me off big time at Darkheid and it's time to let them know what we think of them.

:wink:

My_Wife_Camille
18-02-2019, 12:47 PM

I'm not far away away from you mate. Embarrassing is the perfect description.
Can we do away with the negativity and show some appreciation for the lad that sings at the top of his voice sounding like Edith from Still Game?

A modern day Hibernian legend

Col2
18-02-2019, 12:54 PM
Alan ‘biscuits’ Preston keeps going on about Hibs fans not happy, season tickets will drop significantly and there will be chants of Only One Neil Lennon.....

The media have it in for us as they loved Lenny.

Results and performance will turn that around very very quickly.

The 90+2
18-02-2019, 01:05 PM
Alan ‘biscuits’ Preston keeps going on about Hibs fans not happy, season tickets will drop significantly and there will be chants of Only One Neil Lennon.....

Is he not a Hibee mouthpiece for his best mate Kano?

JimBHibees
18-02-2019, 02:16 PM

Some dont so much love Lenny as hate Hibs.

SquashedFrogg
18-02-2019, 02:45 PM
Can we do away with the negativity and show some appreciation for the lad that sings at the top of his voice sounding like Edith from Still Game?

A modern day Hibernian legend

That was hilarious.... 🤣

The rest are still embarrassing though.

heretoday
18-02-2019, 03:17 PM

Exactly.
What the media want at all times is copy. Neil Lennon is copy on legs. So now he's gone the media are annoyed at Hibs in general. It'll pass once Heck puts his own stamp on things.
Hopefully, Lennon will get a job soon and then some other club's fans will have to put up with it all.

greenlex
18-02-2019, 03:22 PM
Easily 16000 there on Saturday.

CLASS OF 72 -73
18-02-2019, 06:00 PM
Lack of atmosphere

Agree.
Had lunch today with a customer and Leeds fan of 50 years. Basically said Hecky was pretty useless and players did not take to him. Lets hope he is more suited to the Hibs. Leeds being a basket case at the time.

mcfly
18-02-2019, 06:14 PM
Easily 16000 there on Saturday.

Aye ok but you’re wrong mate.

Lucky if there was 13-14k

BullsCloseHibs
18-02-2019, 06:18 PM

Some hibs fans are just pure areasholrs. Can't recall Hibbies doing similar when Pat Stanton was shown the door (who will always be a TRUE Hibs god, unlike NL!)

CapitalGreen
18-02-2019, 06:23 PM
Aye ok but you’re wrong mate.

Lucky if there was 13-14k

Saturdays attendance was higher than the equivalent fixture versus Hamilton last season.

BILLYHIBS
23-02-2019, 06:43 AM
How is he doing so far guys?

Two games two victories

The players certainly seem to be playing with renewed confidence and seem to be better organised

The offside trap certainly works as they are in and out in a straight line

Kamberi looks as though a weight has been lifted from his shoulders

Still early days and a real test coming up versus St Johnstone and then Celtic in the Cup

Onwards and upwards