PDA

View Full Version : Summer recruitment

Unseen work
17-02-2019, 08:49 PM
Massive window for us this summer with a new manager and desperate need of new faces and quality in the team.

Looking at out of contract players in Scotland there could be a couple of steals that would be shrewd business

Chris Cadden
Joe Shaugnessy
Craig Halkett
Curtis Main
Cammy Kerr
Lawrence Shankland
Tony Watt

Think in that last Cadden, Shaugnessy, Halkett and Shankland would be brilliant signings. The others would be good additions imo and add good squad depth.

I know some might raise there eyebrow at Main however he is an absolute handful to play against and never stops working, sometimes I think our attacking make it a bit too easy for the opposition.

Cammy Kerr is a player I have always rated and is still young, very rarely see someone get the better of him.

We also have the following out of contract/loan expiring

Nelom
Gray
McGregor
Bartley
Bigi
McNulty
Johnson
Gauld
Bogdan
Omeonga
Aygepong

17-02-2019, 08:59 PM
We need SDG on a new contract asap. I think Leeann said in her recent interview something like we should be keeping him at Hibs until he retires from playing and beyond. It would be a bit of a coup for Heckingbottom if we got a new deal agreed.

Unseen work
17-02-2019, 09:15 PM
We need SDG on a new contract asap. I think Leeann said in her recent interview something like we should be keeping him at Hibs until he retires from playing and beyond. It would be a bit of a coup for Heckingbottom if we got a new deal agreed.

Gray should 100% get a new deal.

Makes a massive difference to our team when fit.

Only issue is he never tends to be fit too often.

Gaffer1875
17-02-2019, 09:25 PM
I hope we are aiming a little higher than the original posters suggestions bar Shankland and Halkett. The other players mentioned IMO would be squad players.

I do agree it’s a huge window for us though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Del Boy
17-02-2019, 09:35 PM
Cammy Kerr is *****

04Sauzee
17-02-2019, 09:35 PM
Jake Hastie on his last few performances and he's out of contract in the summer

B.H.F.C
17-02-2019, 09:45 PM
Gray should 100% get a new deal.

Makes a massive difference to our team when fit.

Only issue is he never tends to be fit too often.

Your last sentance is the issue. We need our captain to be on the pitch week in, week out.

He needs to prove between now and the end of the season that he can go string 15-20 games together. We all want David Gray to stick around forever but if he can’t prove his fitness then I don’t fancy going in to next season relying on an unreliable 31 year old for that position.

The 90+2
17-02-2019, 09:47 PM
Get players in as soon as possible to play in certain positions and have a great ore season behind us. None of this all the best players become available at the end of the window pish.

I’ve every confidence PH will use our budget very wisely and make no excuses.

davhibby
17-02-2019, 10:31 PM
I'd give Gray a new contract but I'd be bringing in a new first choice. Not reliable enough to be kept as our first pick rb

AgentDaleCooper
17-02-2019, 10:33 PM
SDG is the heartbeat of the squad IMO.

Unseen work
17-02-2019, 10:41 PM
I hope we are aiming a little higher than the original posters suggestions bar Shankland and Halkett. The other players mentioned IMO would be squad players.

I do agree it’s a huge window for us though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously we should aim as high as possible but I think it’s important to look at players in the league who have performed well. Also weakening the teams around us.

Shaugnessy and Halkett would be an improvement on Hanlon imo and McGregor is getting on a bit now.

Cammt Kerr would be good cover for when Gray is injured which is inevitable.

I think it’s important we get good squad depth this next season as it’s been our biggest downfall this season

Vault Boy
17-02-2019, 10:56 PM
Chris Cadden the standout IMO. We'd do incredibly well to get him in.

ekhibee
17-02-2019, 11:19 PM

He looks a great young player on what I've seen of him, just not sure if we could afford him, no harm in trying though?

tonyrougier123
17-02-2019, 11:43 PM

I like the look of him too,a wee bit like sjm in style.type of player hibs should be grabbing from a team like motherweel,training fee would be high.anyone got george craigs number txt him.😂

NAE NOOKIE
17-02-2019, 11:54 PM
The lad Hastie certainly seems to have burst onto the scene from nowhere, but I've a feeling if his form continues he'll be courted by better off clubs than Hibs. As for Curtis Main …. he has Gorgie stamped all over him, just the kind of player Levin loves and I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised to see Hertz chase him.

Squealing pig
18-02-2019, 12:08 AM
Whoever that winger for Motherwell is scored first against yams he looks very good

The Leith Dutch
18-02-2019, 07:39 AM
Get players in as soon as possible to play in certain positions and have a great ore season behind us. None of this all the best players become available at the end of the window pish.

The point about players in to play in certain positions is a good one - I kind of feel we've signed decent players before without enough focus on making sure we had the right positions for a good team.

I'm sure everyone agrees that players in early is a big benefit but there is some merit to the argument that the quality of player we're after is often a player who's going to wait and see what options are on the table rather than accepting an offer from Hibs early in the window.

Simply put the kind of player I want to see in a Hibs jersey should have aspirations to Championship level in England quality wise which comes with wages a lot ahead of our budget.

Genuine question - do you disagree that players do that? If not I'm interested in what point the compromise comes.

I guess one option is to focus more strongly on finding John McGinn style players where we get what is effectively a multi-million pound player for Hibs wages :)
Bright side is that I genuinely feel we have that with Allan on the pre-contract.

Jones28
18-02-2019, 07:41 AM
The lad Hastie certainly seems to have burst onto the scene from nowhere, but I've a feeling if his form continues he'll be courted by better off clubs than Hibs. As for Curtis Main …. he has Gorgie stamped all over him, just the kind of player Levin loves and I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised to see Hertz chase him.

If he's got that stamped all over him we should be chasing him, if he goes to hearts then he will vertically score against us!

Fwiw I really like him as a player. Never say die attitude and his fines levels are immense.

Greenbeard
18-02-2019, 09:17 AM
Hamilton's Mickel Miller looked a tricky wee player from the highlights. What was the verdict over the 90 from those there?

The_Horde
18-02-2019, 09:36 AM
Hamilton's Mickel Miller looked a tricky wee player from the highlights. What was the verdict over the 90 from those there?

I'd definitely have him here. Dangerous player and I think I heard he has about 9 goals this season for Hamilton.

easty
18-02-2019, 09:39 AM
Cammy Kerr is *****

:agree:

Jones28
18-02-2019, 09:40 AM

They were too distracted by singing anti-SNP songs and "1 Terry Butcher"...the latter of which is kinda good TBF.

I mentioned on the match thread that he looked dangerous, had our left on toast a few times but I felt Lewis did well against him. Would certainly have a second look at him.

BILLYHIBS
18-02-2019, 09:44 AM

Tricky player gave Lewis Stevenson a torrid time first half.

Lewis turned things around second half so much so he got a well deserved hand shake from PH at full time but to me honours about even over the piece

Mickel Miller could be the tricky fast goal scoring fans favourite winger we are looking for

The 90+2
18-02-2019, 09:49 AM
The point about players in to play in certain positions is a good one - I kind of feel we've signed decent players before without enough focus on making sure we had the right positions for a good team.

I'm sure everyone agrees that players in early is a big benefit but there is some merit to the argument that the quality of player we're after is often a player who's going to wait and see what options are on the table rather than accepting an offer from Hibs early in the window.

Simply put the kind of player I want to see in a Hibs jersey should have aspirations to Championship level in England quality wise which comes with wages a lot ahead of our budget.

Genuine question - do you disagree that players do that? If not I'm interested in what point the compromise comes.

I guess one option is to focus more strongly on finding John McGinn style players where we get what is effectively a multi-million pound player for Hibs wages :)
Bright side is that I genuinely feel we have that with Allan on the pre-contract.

I totally agree! As for your question, yes I do and the compromise is the platform we can give players to do so like I feel we have done in Kamberi/Rocky or players who have stalled down south and give them a chance to work their way back by playing consistently.