PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Madden

roo62
17-02-2019, 06:09 PM
Thought he had another good refereeing performance today and for me is by far and away the best ref in Scotland by quite some way. He seems to call more of the big decisions better than most and seems to let the game flow better as well.
Just wondered what the consensus is - not often a ref gets a positive post

HoboHarry
17-02-2019, 06:11 PM
Thought he had another good refereeing performance today and for me is by far and away the best ref in Scotland by quite some way. He seems to call more of the big decisions better than most and seems to let the game flow better as well.
Surprised the admins let you join .net but welcome anyway Bobby.......

roo62
17-02-2019, 06:14 PM
Aye nice one

Bostonhibby
17-02-2019, 06:16 PM
He cannae be that good or Sevco would have won the league by now surely?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Keith_M
17-02-2019, 06:31 PM
He was getting praise from the Sportscene panel just now for getting the red card correct.

They just showed the Hearts Goalie's bällsup so I currently am happy enough regardless.

brog
17-02-2019, 06:42 PM

He is another of the Sevco persuasion but despite that I think he & Stevie MacLean of blessed memory are by far & away our best refs. They chat with players, dont talk down to them & try to ref in a sensible manner. Its all you can ask.

Sir David Gray
17-02-2019, 06:47 PM
He is another of the Sevco persuasion but despite that I think he & Stevie MacLean of blessed memory are by far & away our best refs. They chat with players, dont talk down to them & try to ref in a sensible manner. Its all you can ask.

Think Steven McLean has been rubbish in recent times any time I've watched a game he's refereed.

cmcd
17-02-2019, 08:08 PM
Surprised the admins let you join .net but welcome anyway Bobby.......
I thought he was ok but was frustrating to see him stopping play for fouls when our guys had possession in dangerous areas

JeMeSouviens
17-02-2019, 08:21 PM

Madden had a beautiful wee Hampden cameo waving a 4 around.

JimBHibees
17-02-2019, 08:34 PM
Madden had a beautiful wee Hampden cameo waving a 4 around.

Also had a hand in the build up for the attack which led to the winning goal.

Actually think he at least understands the game though can be too lenient for my liking and how he didnt send off McGregor v Aberdeen was astonishing as cameras clearly showed he had the perfect view.

Smartie
17-02-2019, 08:40 PM
Think Steven McLean has been rubbish in recent times any time I've watched a game he's refereed.

He's fairly lenient, which can be a help or a hindrance.

We've had him a few times against Aberdeen and when you play them you need a fussy ref who clamps down on their dirty tricks, the same goes for Hearts.

If you have 2 teams who want to play football then McLean is an excellent ref. He lets the players get on with it without feeling the need to break up play unnecessarily. Our cup final win was a very good game and much of that was down to the way he refereed it.

I agree that Madden is the best of who we have, with McLean not far behind him. Sadly they can be exploited a bit by the likes of Levein and McInnes.

Onion
17-02-2019, 08:42 PM

:agree: Every time I see McLean, he's having a shocker.

Hard as I try, find it hard to get upset as the one day he had his best game was the day I'll never forget :aok: That's all that matters.

greenlex
17-02-2019, 09:16 PM
He's fairly lenient, which can be a help or a hindrance.

We've had him a few times against Aberdeen and when you play them you need a fussy ref who clamps down on their dirty tricks, the same goes for Hearts.

If you have 2 teams who want to play football then McLean is an excellent ref. He lets the players get on with it without feeling the need to break up play unnecessarily. Our cup final win was a very good game and much of that was down to the way he refereed it.

I agree that Madden is the best of who we have, with McLean not far behind him. Sadly they can be exploited a bit by the likes of Levein and McInnes.
im sure Madden gave us a pen against Hearts at ER a year or so ago when Stevenson was going nowhere only to be bundled off the ball. :greengrin

Gaffer1875
17-02-2019, 10:26 PM
Worst referee I’ve seen this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
17-02-2019, 10:29 PM
Awful ref.

overdrive
17-02-2019, 10:41 PM
:agree: Every time I see McLean, he's having a shocker.

Hard as I try, find it hard to get upset as the one day he had his best game was the day I'll never forget :aok: That's all that matters.

McLean has been dodgy in nearly every game we've had him since we let his brother go.