Eh?

Billy Whizz
17-02-2019, 04:20 PM
Eh?

Presume he means Levein

Itsnoteasy
17-02-2019, 05:38 PM
Nope. He said they blew it at the end
Player deserved red card & keeper made a James Hunt of it.

Jim44
17-02-2019, 05:42 PM
Thompson and Stewart on Sportscene saying it was a fantastic tackle and no foul whatsoever. Opinions,eh? :greengrin

brianmc
17-02-2019, 05:46 PM
Mikey Stewart just saying the opposite of Potter to keep their 'spat' going.

vuefrom1875
17-02-2019, 07:55 PM
Eh?

Potter.

Sir David Gray
17-02-2019, 08:06 PM
Mikey Stewart just saying the opposite of Potter to keep their 'spat' going.

I actually agree with Michael Stewart. I'm surprised Levein agrees with the decision to send his player off.

I thought a red card was harsh and I would have been unhappy if that had been a Hibs player.

greenlex
17-02-2019, 08:12 PM
I actually agree with Michael Stewart. I'm surprised Levein agrees with the decision to send his player off.

I thought a red card was harsh and I would have been unhappy if that had been a Hibs player.
Me too. To be fair flying into a challenge like that us asking the ref to make a decision. He may have got it wrong but it’s a chance you take.

hibbysam
17-02-2019, 08:15 PM
Me too. To be fair flying into a challenge like that us asking the ref to make a decision. He may have got it wrong but it’s a chance you take.

As soon as you leave the ground, at pace, from a couple of yards away, in a scissor motion, your only going to see one outcome, red card every time, ball won or not.

Hermit Crab
17-02-2019, 08:37 PM
If that tackle was on a Hibs player would you be screaming for a red or applauding it and saying it was a great tackle? Ask yourselves that.

I still don't think it was a red.

superfurryhibby
17-02-2019, 08:44 PM
I really dislike the casual association of implied peadophilia as term of insult on hibs.net.

Rolf..... how ****ing classless and moronic can you get?

Shrekko
17-02-2019, 08:45 PM
If that tackle was on a Hibs player would you be screaming for a red or applauding it and saying it was a great tackle? Ask yourselves that.

I still don't think it was a red.

To me it’s one of those that could have been bad if he’d mistimed it... but he didn’t really.

SquashedFrogg
17-02-2019, 08:48 PM
Nope. He said they blew it at the end
Player deserved red card & keeper made a James Hunt of it.

Did he comment on Saturday's attendance at Easter Road in his interview?

MacGruber
18-02-2019, 06:23 AM
The red card was well deserved - if not for the tackle then for the karma for the cowardly way the little rat shoved Kamberi in the back for a reaction then squealed about it to the ref.
Not so pleased to see a card this time Guratchio - good, suck it up ya wee *****

ian cruise
18-02-2019, 06:28 AM
I really dislike the casual association of implied peadophilia as term of insult on hibs.net.

It's very cringy

DetroitHibs
18-02-2019, 06:48 AM

It's football banter. The term is used on his appearance. I've never seen anyone here imply he's a pedo, or even close to it.

ian cruise
18-02-2019, 06:51 AM
It's football banter. The term is used on his appearance. I've never seen anyone here imply he's a pedo, or even close to it.

I don't think even you believe that, never mind it being anywhere near true.

DetroitHibs
18-02-2019, 07:01 AM

I 100% believe it. You take the banter out the game, your left with a very poor atmosphere. When that mob sung, "All the Hibees are gay" I didn't give a monkeys. You taunt each other on match day and wind each other up. There's no REAL malice. There was a whole thread wishing him a speedy recovery only a few months ago.

SquashedFrogg
18-02-2019, 07:01 AM

Settle mate. There's a brilliant photo online where Rolf Harris and Levein have been merged.

I suspect the link is that they look similar as opposed to any pedo link.

Peevemor
18-02-2019, 07:04 AM
Settle mate. There's a brilliant photo online where Rolf Harris and Levein have been merged.

Exactly.

Gloucester Hibs
18-02-2019, 07:11 AM

That’s brilliant!

SquashedFrogg
18-02-2019, 07:14 AM

I'm afraid I'm with DH on this. Rolf reference is because of resemblance. Anything after that is in the mind of each individual.

CropleyWasGod
18-02-2019, 07:19 AM
I'm afraid I'm with DH on this. Rolf reference is because of resemblance. Anything after that is in the mind of each individual.

The problem is, say the name to most people and there's an immediate connection with his crimes rather than his work. Shirley there is someone else with a beard and glasses that would be less controversial. 🤔

DetroitHibs
18-02-2019, 07:27 AM
The problem is, say the name to most people and there's an immediate connection with his crimes rather than his work. Shirley there is someone else with a beard and glasses that would be less controversial. 🤔

Harold Shipman? :whistle:

matty_f
18-02-2019, 07:27 AM

Since when have football fans been bothered about picking the least controversial comparison? :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
18-02-2019, 07:29 AM

I read somewhere that Rolf was furious when he found out about the resemblance.

Ok, so we need to find someone who looks like Levein but isn't a pedo.

SquashedFrogg
18-02-2019, 07:30 AM
Harold Shipman? :whistle:

Bugger! I couldn't think of one that fast 👍

Peevemor
18-02-2019, 07:37 AM

100% true for me too.

DetroitHibs
18-02-2019, 07:41 AM

First thing we've agreed on yet :thumbsup:

superfurryhibby
18-02-2019, 07:42 AM

You’re kidding yourself on here.

Banter is fine, but there’s a line and sometimes it can be a bit blurred. I didn’t care about the Hibees being gay or being a spoon burning hobo fenian bassa etc..... Equally, I don’t mind that Jambo’s love their sister, have six fingers or lick shop windaes.

However, jokes which touch on the sexual abuse of children cross the line for me.

All about sensibilities.

SquashedFrogg
18-02-2019, 07:48 AM

Banter is fine, but there’s a line and sometimes it can be a bit blurred. I didn’t care about the Hibees being gay or being a spoon burning hobo fenian bassa etc..... Equally, I don’t mind that Jambo’s love their sister, have six fingers or lick shop windaes.

However, jokes which touch on the sexual abuse of children cross the line for me.

All about sensibilities.

It's also about how the individual person perceives the connection. You seem to be the one constantly making the darker references here. Most just see the resemblance.

I'm not denying there's an unfortunate side to it, but he's the spitting image. Which is quite funny.

And if I'm being honest, derogatory comments about religion are equally as bad if you're easily offended.

DetroitHibs
18-02-2019, 07:52 AM

All about sensibilities.

To be fair, I've never heard one joke that refers to Levein being a child molester, ever. For me the term Rolf has been 100% based on his appearance. What Craigy boy does with his didgeridoo is his business :guesswho:

Hibernia&Alba
18-02-2019, 07:58 AM

All about sensibilities.

It isn't just a joke, though, SFH. They chose to appoint Graeme Rix after he'd served time for sex with a minor. As you say, it's about sensibilities, and many folk think that appointment was very insensitive, Hearts fans included.

Smartie
18-02-2019, 08:38 AM
It isn't just a joke, though, SFH. They chose to appoint Graeme Rix after he'd served time for sex with a minor. As you say, it's about sensibilities, and many folk think that appointment was very insensitive, Hearts fans included.

Sorry to go OT but it was quite interesting to hear Paul Hartley talking about that whole episode.

After Romanov asked him who he thought the new manager should be, he eventually settled on Vialli. When Vialli wasn't interested he suggested they go with Rix, which they did. Hartley quite liked working under him.

Bangkok Hibby
18-02-2019, 09:32 AM
Wow this thread has fairly taken off. I was the one who went eh? at the start because I'd never heard Levein being called Rolf before. As soon as I realised it was Levein it clicked that of course he looked like Rolf Harris and I smiled. AT NO POINT did paedophilia come to mind. You need to have some weird **** going on in your head if you ignore the resemblance and jump to that conclusion.

Jones28
18-02-2019, 09:35 AM

At least calling him Potter doesn't up the cringe levels to "unbearable paedophile reference"

superfurryhibby
18-02-2019, 10:03 AM
It's also about how the individual person perceives the connection. You seem to be the one constantly making the darker references here. Most just see the resemblance.

I'm not denying there's an unfortunate side to it, but he's the spitting image. Which is quite funny.

And if I'm being honest, derogatory comments about religion are equally as bad if you're easily offended.

Constantly? Not really. I made my point, a few people responded. I replied to your comment because I think you’re wrong. I’m not easily offended, far from it but my personal lines in bad taste are drawn at peadophilia based jokes. Is that ok?

SquashedFrogg
18-02-2019, 10:04 AM
Wow this thread has fairly taken off. I was the one who went eh? at the start because I'd never heard Levein being called Rolf before. As soon as I realised it was Levein it clicked that of course he looked like Rolf Harris and I smiled. AT NO POINT did paedophilia come to mind. You need to have some weird **** going on in your head if you ignore the resemblance and jump to that conclusion.

Can I ask who are you having a go at here?

Bangkok Hibby
18-02-2019, 10:09 AM
Can I ask who are you having a go at here?

If you look at my opening sentence you'll see I said "this thread" I'm not "having a go" at anyone in particular. I am however amazed that anyone could leap to the conclusion that anyone is calling Levein a paedo when he looks so like Rolf Harris.

SquashedFrogg
18-02-2019, 10:13 AM
If you look at my opening sentence you'll see I said "this thread" I'm not "having a go" at anyone in particular. I am however amazed that anyone could leap to the conclusion that anyone is calling Levein a paedo when he looks so like Rolf Harris.

I agree. As do most people on here on this thread.

Bangkok Hibby
18-02-2019, 10:19 AM
I agree. As do most people on here on this thread.

Yes...so we agree then. A couple don't, hence my post.

FilipinoHibs
18-02-2019, 10:37 AM

He jumped in with two feet. Red card in the modern game.

Willis1875
18-02-2019, 10:57 AM
Was Levain not labeled 'Rolf' before his sordid past was revealed

Hibernia&Alba
18-02-2019, 10:58 AM
Was Levain not labeled 'Rolf' before his sordid past was revealed

Levein's or Rolf's?:greengrin

Jack Hackett
18-02-2019, 11:58 AM
Levein's or Rolf's?:greengrin

:tee hee:

SquashedFrogg
18-02-2019, 12:16 PM
Yes...so we agree then. A couple don't, hence my post.

Cool. Glad that's sorted. 😶

Might want to reply to specific peoples posts in future. Save confusing my tiny brain.

Keith_M
18-02-2019, 12:49 PM
Anyway.......

I didn't think it was a red, yellow at most, but it had no bearing on the result.

The goalie's attempt at a save, on the other hand...

:faf:

Bangkok Hibby
18-02-2019, 01:10 PM
Cool. Glad that's sorted. 😶

Might want to reply to specific peoples posts in future. Save confusing my tiny brain.

Yea OK but my humungous brain told me people would realise it was a general point I was making :greengrin:greengrin

Haha only joking. Forums eh?

-Jonesy-
18-02-2019, 01:14 PM
if you fly in a foot of the ground studs showing from over a metre away and your bent knee makes contact with the ball as you clean out the opponent, that’s a red card

-Jonesy-
18-02-2019, 01:19 PM
if you fly in a foot of the ground studs showing from over a metre away and your bent knee makes contact with the ball as you clean out the opponent, that’s a red card

Unless your Scott brown obvs

SquashedFrogg
18-02-2019, 03:00 PM
Yea OK but my humungous brain told me people would realise it was a general point I was making :greengrin:greengrin

Haha only joking. Forums eh?

Agreed mate 😀 👍

Famous Fiver
18-02-2019, 03:40 PM
Are jokes/jibes about poppy thievery allowed or are they in bad taste too?

Just asking.

superfurryhibby
18-02-2019, 05:21 PM
Are jokes/jibes about poppy thievery allowed or are they in bad taste too?

Just asking.

What do you think?

Business going in to administration and fleecing local charity or using sexual abuse of children as banter? They’re really close comparisons right enough:nlgwa

Fwiw, there is an interesting debate about sensibility, humour and football to be had, but only if people could manage not to get all worked up about it ( including myself).