PDA

View Full Version : GPS Player monitors

JimBHibees
17-02-2019, 11:37 AM
Was in one of the hospitality suites yesterday and the announcer was interviewing Stuart Lovell prior to the game and said that PH first session was the first time they had been used this season which I found surprising to be honest. On another point why is Lovell not used more on tv and radio, comes across very well and is able to make points in an intelligent way.

wookie70
17-02-2019, 12:17 PM
That seems very odd. You would think that monitoring a players performance in training would be seen as hugely useful for a coach. It can be used to see what effort is being put in session to session and maybe to also see how successful the drills are in terms of the energy players are using. It would be interesting to see why Lennon didn't use them. We don't look a fit team to me but that may be down to the injuries we have had. Hopefully, Heck will get us fit enough to play the pressing game he is trying to implement

B.H.F.C
17-02-2019, 12:20 PM
Sounds odd. The sports science team hasn’t changed and it’s them that look at all that kind of stuff is it not?

bigwheel
17-02-2019, 12:22 PM
Was in one of the hospitality suites yesterday and the announcer was interviewing Stuart Lovell prior to the game and said that PH first session was the first time they had been used this season which I found surprising to be honest. On another point why is Lovell not used more on tv and radio, comes across very well and is able to make points in an intelligent way.

They certainly used them pre season - no idea if they are used during the season. Unlike other teams , we don’t use them for matches

SON OF PADDY
17-02-2019, 12:24 PM

Yes Stuart Lovell comes across well speaks a lot of sense imo !
I also found it very strange, why have the technology but don't use it?
Baffling decision.

green day
17-02-2019, 12:29 PM

Always quite like Lovell on tv.

What role was he playing yesterday? Matchday host?

calumhibee1
17-02-2019, 12:41 PM
If we have the equipment then we should be using them every day for training and in every match.

H18 SFR
17-02-2019, 01:14 PM
Not only that, he also has training filmed and then they analyse the training after lunch. Absolutely loving this guy.

Carheenlea
17-02-2019, 01:44 PM
I was on the last Hibs.net visit to East Mains and when getting shown the details of the video analysis it was said that Neil Lennon wasn’t really an enthusiastic advocate. He was probably more old-school in more ways than one in his managerial style and you do what you believe in.

Jones28
17-02-2019, 02:52 PM
Not only that, he also has training filmed and then they analyse the training after lunch. Absolutely loving this guy.

Can't help but think why the **** haven't we been doing it?

H18 SFR
17-02-2019, 02:56 PM
Can't help but think why the **** haven't we been doing it?

I think an earlier post commenting on the Hibs.net East Mains tour suggested that Lennon was more old school. Perhaps that reason.

Phil MaGlass
17-02-2019, 03:01 PM
Sooner this is implemented the better. Slackers will be foond oot.

JimBHibees
17-02-2019, 03:11 PM
Always quite like Lovell on tv.

What role was he playing yesterday? Matchday host?

Not sure just turned up when the announcer guy was communicating the team.

Ozyhibby
17-02-2019, 06:55 PM
Pleased to hear the new manager is using this tech. The best managers in the game are using it now and those who are not will be left behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil MaGlass
17-02-2019, 07:10 PM
Not sure just turned up when the announcer guy was communicating the team.

Host. At our table yesterday. Really nice guy tae.