PDA

View Full Version : Team v Dundee

Diclonius
17-02-2019, 09:05 AM
I'd be tempted to swap Omeonga for Horgan or Mallan for the starting XI. He was very impressive when he came on yesterday.

BoomtownHibees
17-02-2019, 09:06 AM
I'd be tempted to swap Omeonga for Horgan or Mallan for the starting XI. He was very impressive when he came on yesterday.

Horgan has another decent game yesterday. Mallan not so much imo

B.H.F.C
17-02-2019, 09:10 AM
Horgan probably our most creative player at the moment. And the only one who can really take a man on. No way would I be leaving him out.

Souter96Mac
17-02-2019, 09:15 AM
Same team for me. Let's keep the consistency. Dundee will be up for it, more so than Hamilton Imo.

Leitherhibs
17-02-2019, 09:17 AM
Horgan probably our most creative player at the moment. And the only one who can really take a man on. No way would I be leaving him out.

Horgan is probably first name on the team sheet for me at the moment, for the reasons you outline above, our only really dynamic midfield player and always wants the ball. That said, I'd love to find a way of getting Omeonga into the team, possibly ahead of Mallan?

04Sauzee
17-02-2019, 09:18 AM
If he's going to come in I think it would be for Mallan and not because I don't like Mallan because I rate Mallan. I just think he may be suited to the right side of midfield better if we are playing more of a flat 4 midfield again

Eyrie
17-02-2019, 09:52 AM
I'd keep the same team for Dundee, but look to bring Omeonga in for Mallan against Celtc and Sevco.

IWasThere2016
17-02-2019, 09:58 AM
Why change it?!? Lennon tinkered too much latterly and it did little/no good..

kaimendhibs
17-02-2019, 10:25 AM
Can't leave Horgan out

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-02-2019, 10:29 AM
Stick with the starting line-up. The comments made by PH after the game suggest that he saw some progress from the training pitch to Saturday. Give him another week with the same formation as long as there are no injuries.

Nicho87
17-02-2019, 10:54 AM
Same team. Win and a clean sheet is something that we’ve been unable to do well. Changing a winning side won’t happen unless forced. Team picks itself for me.

danhibees1875
17-02-2019, 10:56 AM
Same team. :agree:

Gauld back on the bench if fit. Agyepong too unless he's injured again?

hfc rd
17-02-2019, 11:46 AM
Same team.

Is Ryan Gauld back for this or still injured?

Onceinawhile
17-02-2019, 01:04 PM
Same team.

Anyone know where whittaker has disappeared to?

DTS
17-02-2019, 02:26 PM
Same team.

Anyone know where whittaker has disappeared to?

Had a knock but made the bench last week(probably because of numbers) so assume just left out due to the knock yesterday

Heedersnvolleys
17-02-2019, 02:38 PM
Should be the same team for me. I think there will be changes when PH thinks a player is more suited to the style of play he wants us play. The wee lad that came on i think plays the high pressing style he wants so he maybe in with a shout. I don't think the high pressing game suits Slivka so even though he has stood out the last couple of weeks, he will maybe have to try and adjust his style.

wookie70
17-02-2019, 02:55 PM
Same team for me

Hermit Crab
17-02-2019, 03:13 PM
Omeonga in, Mallan out. We might see Mallan fall out the first team in the coming weeks.

hibbyfraelibby
17-02-2019, 03:21 PM
Same team.

Is Ryan Gauld back for this or still injured?

Still out

DTS
17-02-2019, 04:16 PM
Same team for me. Don’t know why people are so keen to see Mallan dropped. Thought he played well again yesterday in a position I wasn’t sure he’d do well in, 11 goals this season as well. For me we looo a better team when he plays, against Aberdeen we were looking alright until he went off and Celtic away he didn’t start and we didn’t create or hold onto the ball at all.

Scooter
17-02-2019, 04:44 PM
Same team for me. Don’t know why people are so keen to see Mallan dropped. Thought he played well again yesterday in a position I wasn’t sure he’d do well in, 11 goals this season as well. For me we looo a better team when he plays, against Aberdeen we were looking alright until he went off and Celtic away he didn’t start and we didn’t create or hold onto the ball at all.

Cause 1st half he was shocking. Slow on the ball poor passing. I'd drop him for Omeonga

CMurdoch
17-02-2019, 05:16 PM

People keep quoting the 11 goals Mallan has scored this season as a reason to keep him in the team.
This a red herring when judging his ability to score against any team above the 3rd bottom slot in the Scottish Premiership.

6 of his 11 goals were scored in the 3 matches we scored 6 goals in. That is 4 goals against Runavic from the Faroe Islands and 2 against Hamilton.
2 goals were scored in the cup against lower league teams Elgin & Ross County.
2 further goals were scored against St Mirren and Dundee.
That leaves 1 goal scored against Kilmarnock on the 15th September.

Since that goal against Kilmarnock opposing teams have stopped giving away free kicks just outside their box and have made sure Mallan has been closed down when near their 18 yard box. As a result his goals from free kicks and shots have all but dried up.

IMO Omeonga should replace him in the team because from the little we have seen he offers more to the team.

B.H.F.C
17-02-2019, 05:21 PM
People keep quoting the 11 goals Mallan has scored this season as a reason to keep him in the team.
This a red herring when judging his ability to score against any team above the 3rd bottom slot in the Scottish Premiership.

6 of his 11 goals were scored in the 3 matches we scored 6 goals in. That is 4 goals against Runavic from the Faroe Islands and 2 against Hamilton.

Since that goal against Kilmarnock opposing teams have stopped giving away free kicks just outside their box and have made sure Mallan has been closed down when near their 18 yard box. As a result his goals from free kicks and shots have all but dried up.

IMO Omeonga should replace him in the team because from the little we have seen he offers more to the team.

I don’t necesarilly think Mallan has been brilliant. But I don’t see what Omeonga has offered that is so much more to the team?

If you want to discount Mallan’s goals because of the circumstances they were scored in, maybe you should discount Omeonga’s cameo appearances in games that we were comfortably winning anyway?

04Sauzee
17-02-2019, 05:27 PM

It's not that people are keen to drop Mallan it's the different formation and tactics if Mallan was playing centrally or as a No10 then great I don't think we are doing him any favours playing our right.

Hibee Mac
17-02-2019, 05:46 PM

A similar situation to Simon Murray last year really, lots of early season/pre-season goals against lesser opposition bumping up the numbers to look better than it is.

Don't think Mallan is enough of a threat right now to warrant allowing his weaknesses in the team. Interested to see what Heck thinks of Mallan considering he almost never played him at Barnsley.

CMurdoch
17-02-2019, 05:48 PM
I don’t necesarilly think Mallan has been brilliant. But I don’t see what Omeonga has offered that is so much more to the team?

If you want to discount Mallan’s goals because of the circumstances they were scored in, maybe you should discount Omeonga’s cameo appearances in games that we were comfortably winning anyway?

I agree the jury's still out on Omeonga but i think he has done enough in his cameo's to be given a chance.
Horgan , Slivka and Milligan are doing well so Mallen is the obvious one to make way.

Saying that, it might be worth postponing that change until after the Dundee game given they are one of the bottom teams and Mallan scores against the weaker teams as evidenced above :wink:.

Unseen work
17-02-2019, 06:01 PM
I find it crazy that so many fans want to drop players after a good 2-0 win.

Dropping folk after that would just be asking for trouble, they done the job so let them keep the shirt for next week.

All season we have chopped and changed our team which has done us no favours. We need consistency

Also if it’s so easy to score against the poorer teams in the league, why aren’t more of our players doing it? Ridiculous.

Billy Whizz
17-02-2019, 06:10 PM
Can’t see many if any changes for Friday, unless someone’s picked up a knock

crash
17-02-2019, 06:43 PM
I agree the jury's still out on Omeonga but i think he has done enough in his cameo's to be given a chance.
Horgan , Slivka and Milligan are doing well so Mallen is the obvious one to make way.

Saying that, it might be worth postponing that change until after the Dundee game given they are one of the bottom teams and Mallan scores against the weaker teams as evidenced above :wink:.

Mallan played well yesterday and will keep his place. Great ability, can play one-touch fast tempo passes and best dead ball delivery since Riordan, especially corners.

Ozyhibby
17-02-2019, 06:51 PM
Mallan is important for his corners, free kicks etc. He won’t be dropped. If we are going to play Slivka and Milligan at def mid then usually teams who do this go three at the back or play full on wing backs.
We don’t really have wing backs so that would mean going back to three at the back.
That would allow Omeungo to play in front of Slivka and Milligan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
17-02-2019, 07:01 PM
Can’t see many if any changes for Friday, unless someone’s picked up a knock

What’s the chances?

Actually anyone know the number of weeks when no one has picked up an injury - been awful this season. Do we sent them in like gladiators for training?

Billy Whizz
17-02-2019, 07:19 PM
What’s the chances?

Actually anyone know the number of weeks when no one has picked up an injury - been awful this season. Do we sent them in like gladiators for training?

In the post match interview, PH suggested a few were playing carrying injuries, which is a worry

CMurdoch
17-02-2019, 07:34 PM
In the post match interview, PH suggested a few were playing carrying injuries, which is a worry

We have 2 out for the season - Boyle & Porteous

& possibly 5 short term injured

Anyepong, Gauld, Bartley, F Murray & Whittaker

Does anyone know the injuries and return dates for any of those short term injured *
Please don't give it the 2 week answer!

or know who are the players who played on Saturday despite injuries

brydekirk
17-02-2019, 09:13 PM
Omeonga in, Mallan out. We might see Mallan fall out the first team in the coming weeks.

I like Omeonga, reminds me of wee Russel Latapy the way runs. Hope he ends up playing like him to.