PDA

View Full Version : Dylan McGeough

GoalsMcGinley
17-02-2019, 07:45 AM
Unused sub again for Sunderland this weekend. Sunderland’s fans very much split on his ability and importance to the team. Could be worth a loan deal in the summer? Especially if they go up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K.Marx
17-02-2019, 07:50 AM
Too cultured for the industrial lower leagues in England. If he wants to play at a higher level than SPL he’d be better off going abroad.

Or come back to Hibs 😃

Leitherhibs
17-02-2019, 07:53 AM
Unused sub again for Sunderland this weekend. Sunderland’s fans very much split on his ability and importance to the team. Could be worth a loan deal in the summer? Especially if they go up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking to a Sunderland Season Ticket holder a couple weeks back, he said the majority of fans don't rate him, doesn't "play the ball forward enough and useless when they're on front foot". Jack Ross obviously fancied him when he signed him, but prefers to play Honeyman and one of Leadbitter/Cattermole in the DM role. He's got some hefty competition in centre midfield, if Sunderland go up this season, which is a big if, then I can see him coming back home.

Borderhibbie76
17-02-2019, 07:58 AM
Said at the time it was the wrong move for him
..he should have stayed where he was imo. Was in fringes of Scotland squad with us...now he's not getting a game in league 1..money isn't everything

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
17-02-2019, 08:09 AM
Last thing Dylan needs is a season out of the team, losing the fitness and consistency he built here. Wouldn't be surprised to see injuries bother him if he gets chucked in every week somewhere now.

Would love him back but it's unlikely.

Brightside
17-02-2019, 08:09 AM
He will come back now Neil is away.

Zazu62
17-02-2019, 08:11 AM

Think he will end up at Aberdeen

Col2
17-02-2019, 08:31 AM
He will be back in the summer. Him and Scotty. Might be longer for meatball.

Vault Boy
17-02-2019, 08:40 AM

😍

J-C
17-02-2019, 08:58 AM

:agree: The reason he never stayed

bigwheel
17-02-2019, 09:00 AM

Jeez. Do people believe that was the only reason he left ? Tripling his salary and a new challenge wouldn’t have been a factor?

This is a player who went from Celtic to Rangers then back to Celtic ...he doesn’t have a track record of staying at one club ...

B.H.F.C
17-02-2019, 09:00 AM

I’m pretty sure at least doubling his money had something to do with it as well.

Weegreenman
17-02-2019, 09:03 AM
Bring the boy home :agree:

.Sean.
17-02-2019, 09:19 AM

Can yous elaborate?

Michael
17-02-2019, 09:22 AM

Neil had a massive impact in turning him to a very consistent player who could get Scotland callups. I'd have thought they'd be on good terms?

Vault Boy
17-02-2019, 09:22 AM
Sunderland fans seem unhappy with his treatment. (https://twitter.com/LMc10_SAFC/status/1096689853482319872?s=19)

Ringothedog
17-02-2019, 09:24 AM
Jeez. Do people believe that was the only reason he left ? Tripling his salary and a new challenge wouldn’t have been a factor?

This is a player who went from Celtic to Rangers then back to Celtic ...he doesn’t have a track record of staying at one club ...

He was 18 when he left Rangers to join Celtic and 15 when he left Celtic to join Rangers. He joined Hibs after 20 games for Celtic and being put out on loan. He has had 3 permanent clubs by the age of 26, hardly club hopping

Frazerbob
17-02-2019, 09:25 AM
Can yous elaborate?

It’s well known he had no time for Lenny. Probably something to do with his mental state being questioned publicly after the Scottish Cup semi against Aberdeen. Sure others can add some meat to the story.

JohnM1875
17-02-2019, 09:28 AM
It’s well known he had no time for Lenny. Probably something to do with his mental state being questioned publicly after the Scottish Cup semi against Aberdeen. Sure others can add some meat to the story.

Not really well known though is it? Knew all this chat would start after Lennon left. Carol, the tea lady hated Lennon, everyone knew that.

neil7908
17-02-2019, 09:32 AM

Get him and Allan in the midfield next season and I'd be over the moon.

CapitalGreen
17-02-2019, 09:36 AM
Not really well known though is it? Knew all this chat would start after Lennon left. Carol, the tea lady hated Lennon, everyone knew that.

It was known and discussed before Lennon left, you can use the search function to find the previous threads.

Frazerbob
17-02-2019, 09:40 AM

It’s been discussed many times. At the time, when Dylan was offered a new deal and when he left to name a few. It happened, Lenny (who I grew to love) is/was not beyond criticism.

Eyrie
17-02-2019, 09:59 AM

Didn't Lennon make a couple of less than flattering public references to McGeouch's injuries?

It's perfectly possible that Lennon's approach made McGeouch a better player whilst still not being appreciated.

bigwheel
17-02-2019, 10:21 AM
Lennon did make Some Comments about Dylan’s injury Mindset. Perhaps more Material though was Lennon telling Dylan he could go at the start of last season if he found himself a new club ..

So it is little surprise that Dylan chose to leave when his contract was up .

That said, to balance it Lennon did get Dylan playing his best football and a Scotland cap.

To suggest it was only because of Lennon he left is too simplistic. He wanted a good career and financial move. He certainly got the latter.

Lendo
17-02-2019, 10:26 AM
https://twitter.com/lmc10_safc/status/1096689853482319872?s=21

Dylan last night at 10pm running lengths of the pitch.

Cardinal G
17-02-2019, 10:35 AM
Having watched Dylan at hibs over the last few seasons I was chuffed he came to Sunderland but it's frustrating that he's not getting his chance to prove himself.I know what he can do but Ross seems to have told him to sit deep and play short simple passes. He has so much more to give as we all know, fans at Sunderland seem to have marked him down as a failure already. Let's hope in coming weeks he gets back in team however I have my doubts as Max Power came on instead of him for last 10 on Friday and he's been woeful of late.

CapitalGreen
17-02-2019, 10:39 AM
Lennon did make Some Comments about Dylan’s injury Mindset. Perhaps more Material though was Lennon telling Dylan he could go at the start of last season if he found himself a new club ..

So it is little surprise that Dylan chose to leave when his contract was up .

That said, to balance it Lennon did get Dylan playing his best football and a Scotland cap.

To suggest it was only because of Lennon he left is too simplistic. He wanted a good career and financial move. He certainly got the latter.

If we had a manager in Summer 2017 who wanted him we could have signed him to a new contract then and he wouldn’t have left for nothing the following summer.

bigwheel
17-02-2019, 10:42 AM
If we had a manager in Summer 2017 who wanted him we could have signed him to a new contract then and he wouldn’t have left for nothing the following summer.

That’s could be true. Manager didn’t trust him and his injuries - that was clear.

Whether or not Dylan would have signed is just guesswork though - suspect he may have waited to see his options anyway

B.H.F.C
17-02-2019, 10:45 AM

Who’s to say he would have signed anything? Add in the fact that he was just coming of yet another injury at the end of the previous season, maybe we felt he needed to prove his fitness.

I don’t think we can say Lennon didn’t want him when he went on to play him every week when fit.

Beefster
17-02-2019, 10:48 AM
Incidentally, there were plenty of folk questioning McGeough’s mental resilience when he was injured semi-regularly. I could be wrong but I seem to recall at least one person contributing to this thread reporting that it was a common opinion amongst the coaching and physio staff at the time.

Maybe Lennon, as the Head Coach, was the one tasked with telling him about those opinions?

theonlywayisup
17-02-2019, 10:53 AM
It’s been discussed many times. At the time, when Dylan was offered a new deal and when he left to name a few. It happened, Lenny (who I grew to love) is/was not beyond criticism.

Discussing it many times doesn't make it true. In the week that our CE was critical of the speculation frenzy let's not add to it.

Lennon did say at an AGM that he thought Dylan was playing more frequently as he was in the final year of his contract. But it was said in a jokey way; let's not turn it round that Dylan left because of that or other comments. The main reason he left was to make more money.

Hibbyradge
17-02-2019, 11:00 AM
Not really well known though is it? Knew all this chat would start after Lennon left.

Is the chat not true?

Hibbyradge
17-02-2019, 11:03 AM
Lennon did say at an AGM that he thought Dylan was playing more frequently as he was in the final year of his contract. But it was said in a jokey way; let's not turn it round that Dylan left because of that or other comments. The main reason he left was to make more money.

Imagine the manager even thinking that it was a good idea to say that in public.

I bet Dylan couldn't stop laughing.

matty_f
17-02-2019, 11:04 AM
Incidentally, there were plenty of folk questioning McGeough’s mental resilience when he was injured semi-regularly. I could be wrong but I seem to recall at least one person contributing to this thread reporting that it was a common opinion amongst the coaching and physio staff at the time.

Maybe Lennon, as the Head Coach, was the one tasked with telling him about those opinions?

Good point. :agree:

green day
17-02-2019, 11:08 AM

Might have been me?

I heard it direct from someone on the physio staff at the time that "its all in his head", cant say if it was widespread opinion but Lennon seemed to have bought into the theory.

Frazerbob
17-02-2019, 11:09 AM
Discussing it many times doesn't make it true. In the week that our CE was critical of the speculation frenzy let's not add to it.

I’m sorry but it absolutely did happen, not speculation. Lenny publicly stated in the press that he felt Dylan’s injuries may be at least partially in his head. He also publicly stated that he could leave if he found another club the summer before he did leave. As it turned out, Dylan went on to have an almost unjury free season, winning many player if the year awards, thus making Lenny’s comments look a bit silly. As I said earlier, I’m a big Lenny fan but his handling of Dylan was poor.

FilipinoHibs
17-02-2019, 11:16 AM
I’m sorry but it absolutely did happen, not speculation. Lenny publicly stated in the press that he felt Dylan’s injuries may be at least partially in his head. He also publicly stated that he could leave if he found another club the summer before he did leave. As it turned out, Dylan went on to have an almost unjury free season, winning many player if the year awards, thus making Lenny’s comments look a bit silly. As I said earlier, I’m a big Lenny fan but his handling of Dylan was poor.

As with so many other matters. Glad he is gone. Can't handle failure and looks to blame others. Surprising comment from Lennon given his own mental health situation.

bigwheel
17-02-2019, 11:30 AM
As with so many other matters. Glad he is gone. Can't handle failure and looks to blame others. Surprising comment from Lennon given his own mental health situation.

..he certainly handled Dylan wrongly - although that is easy to reflect on in hindsight ..

Posts like this are part of a seemingly
Popular Hibby hobby now of re-writing history and revelling in it . I think we will see Lennon soon blamed for Brexit and the breakdown of the Middle East peace process

Hibbyradge
17-02-2019, 11:54 AM

Or, you could argue that that he handled him perfectly, because Dylan played out of his skin after Lennon's comments.

:dunno:

FilipinoHibs
17-02-2019, 11:56 AM
Or, you could argue that that he handled him perfectly, because Dylan played out of his skin after Lennon's comments.

:dunno:

Only to get away. But got one good consistent season out if him.

JohnM1875
17-02-2019, 11:59 AM

He played out his skin just to get away from Hibs? When does that ever happen? Players who have issues with the manager usually down tools and go in a huff. Not turn in good to great performances week in week out.

Beefster
17-02-2019, 12:11 PM

He was out of contract. He didn’t need to play well to ‘get away’.

FilipinoHibs
17-02-2019, 12:12 PM
He played out his skin just to get away from Hibs? When does that ever happen? Players who have issues with the manager usually down tools and go in a huff. Not turn in good to great performances week in week out.

Just ask yourself how would he get a contract with another team with that attitude and that approach?

JohnM1875
17-02-2019, 12:25 PM
Just ask yourself how would he get a contract with another team with that attitude and that approach?

Probably like literally thousands of other players before him.

B.H.F.C
17-02-2019, 12:28 PM
He was out of contract. He didn’t need to play well to ‘get away’.

To get away and double or treble his wages he did.

Beefster
17-02-2019, 12:36 PM
To get away and double or treble his wages he did.

So less about ‘getting away’ and more about earning more money. That doesn’t sound quite so negative towards Hibs though.

Hi Heid Yin
17-02-2019, 12:45 PM
..he certainly handled Dylan wrongly - although that is easy to reflect on in hindsight ..

Posts like this are part of a seemingly
Popular Hibby hobby now of re-writing history and revelling in it . I think we will see Lennon soon blamed for Brexit and the breakdown of the Middle East peace process

There are Hibbies out there who simply can't resist attacking a manager who gave us 2 brilliant seasons, including promotion and clinching a European slot.

The snidey, character-assassinating comments keep coming, despite Neil Lennon having departed, and now, as you say, re-writing history has become part of their narrative.

Even Leeann Dempster is under their sinister attacks - compelling her to come out fighting her corner, despite all the good that she has done for our club.

It's only a matter of time until they turn on Heckingbottom.

superfurryhibby
17-02-2019, 12:46 PM
Having watched Dylan at hibs over the last few seasons I was chuffed he came to Sunderland but it's frustrating that he's not getting his chance to prove himself.I know what he can do but Ross seems to have told him to sit deep and play short simple passes. He has so much more to give as we all know, fans at Sunderland seem to have marked him down as a failure already. Let's hope in coming weeks he gets back in team however I have my doubts as Max Power came on instead of him for last 10 on Friday and he's been woeful of late.

Judging from the twitter conversation on that link earlier in the thread, the Sunderland fans seem to rate Dylan highly. The wee man is better than the bench in League1. Jack obviously has his own preferences.

Onion
17-02-2019, 12:55 PM
SJM, Scotty and Dylan were more than the sum of the parts. They are not as good in isolation. Bring them all back 😄

J-C
17-02-2019, 01:31 PM
Shock and awe a player doesn't get on with a manager, it happens. Whether Dylan played well last season to get a better deal elsewhere or not he didn't get on with Lennon. Not a dig or snide remark at Lennon, these things do happen and only one of the reasons Dylan left, wages at Sunderland being another obviously.

Tarrahib
17-02-2019, 01:39 PM
Shock and awe a player doesn't get on with a manager, it happens. Whether Dylan played well last season to get a better deal elsewhere or not he didn't get on with Lennon. Not a dig or snide remark at Lennon, these things do happen and only one of the reasons Dylan left, wages at Sunderland being another obviously.
Aye ask Scott Macdonald,Isiguerray and Liam Boyce.

theonlywayisup
17-02-2019, 03:21 PM
Yet another thread with guesses and second guesses trying to link some comments by Lennon made at the AGM and/or after games as the reason why Dylan left Hibs.

Re giving him a contract in 2017, there's many on Hibs.net who ask why we gave a contract to a player who's constantly injured. Awarding Dylan a new contract when he's only available for probably 50% of games would have been reckless. As our CE states, Hibs don't do things that are considered reckless.

This constantly blaming Lennon for all evils is embarrassing - he's gone so let's not drag his name into every thread.

SMAXXA
17-02-2019, 03:28 PM
https://twitter.com/lmc10_safc/status/1096689853482319872?s=21

Dylan last night at 10pm running lengths of the pitch.

Think that will have been Friday after the Sunderland game

ekhibee
17-02-2019, 03:52 PM
Yet another thread with guesses and second guesses trying to link some comments by Lennon made at the AGM and/or after games as the reason why Dylan left Hibs.

Re giving him a contract in 2017, there's many on Hibs.net who ask why we gave a contract to a player who's constantly injured. Awarding Dylan a new contract when he's only available for probably 50% of games would have been reckless. As our CE states, Hibs don't do things that are considered reckless.

This constantly blaming Lennon for all evils is embarrassing - he's gone so let's not drag his name into every thread.

This.

Brightside
17-02-2019, 04:15 PM

Dylan left coz he didn’t like Neil. Straight from the horses mouth.

ancient hibee
17-02-2019, 05:35 PM
Shows a distinct lack of gratitude to someone who helped sort his injury worries,played him regularly and turned him into a Scottish possible.Still the large pay packet will help him to get over it even if he doesn’t get a game.

Barney McGrew
17-02-2019, 05:37 PM

:agree:

If Lennon had left in the summer, Dylan would still be at ER.

DetroitHibs
17-02-2019, 05:49 PM
There's only one fact about Dylan and Neil. Dylan played his best football in a Hibs shirt under Neil.

MWHIBBIES
17-02-2019, 06:20 PM
Shows a distinct lack of gratitude to someone who helped sort his injury worries,played him regularly and turned him into a Scottish possible.Still the large pay packet will help him to get over it even if he doesn’t get a game.

Dylan helped himself.

HoboHarry
17-02-2019, 06:21 PM
Dylan helped himself.
What's wrong with that?

MWHIBBIES
17-02-2019, 06:23 PM
What's wrong with that?Nothing. I'm saying Lennon didn't create Dylan, Dylan was an excellent player before Lennon joined Hibs.

cabbageandribs1875
17-02-2019, 06:30 PM
There's only one fact about Dylan and Neil. Dylan played his best football in a Hibs shirt under Neil.

we have lennon to blame for dylans great last season :agree:

HoboHarry
17-02-2019, 06:35 PM
Nothing. I'm saying Lennon didn't create Dylan, Dylan was an excellent player before Lennon joined Hibs.
Fair enough mate, I misunderstood your post. My bad.....

CapitalGreen
17-02-2019, 07:07 PM

Or to flip that, Lennon was only a decent manager for Hibs when he had Dylan in his squad.

007 Mickey Weir
17-02-2019, 08:12 PM
I was told by a very good source that he is only on about £3k a week. That does jump up if they get promoted. But definitely didn’t move for money. If they go up and he is a regular it could work out for him.

He loved being at Hibs. Lennon was a factor in him leaving. But I think it was also to give England a go.

If he was to come back up the road I think we have a great chance of getting him.

badabing67
17-02-2019, 09:15 PM

Who is meatballs anybody ?

Unseen work
17-02-2019, 09:16 PM
Who is meatballs anybody ?

Mcginn

AgentDaleCooper
17-02-2019, 09:22 PM
Come home dylan!!!

J-C
17-02-2019, 11:06 PM

Lennon never helped him sort his injury problems, Robert Snodgrass did, he advised Dylan to see the same specialist he went to with the same problems. Dylan worked very hard with him and the physio to sort out his hip problems, it's well documented.

The_Horde
17-02-2019, 11:12 PM

Neil Lennon never does any wrong. So you're absolutely 100000% correct.

All hail Lenny.

Greenworld
18-02-2019, 05:50 AM
You've got to think heckingbottom will know of plenty dylan type players in these leagues

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

pacoluna
18-02-2019, 06:46 AM
Neil Lennon never does any wrong. So you're absolutely 100000% correct.

All hail Lenny.

I'm confused have you been reading this thread. The irony is unreal.

The Baldmans Comb
18-02-2019, 07:06 AM
I was told by a very good source that he is only on about £3k a week. That does jump up if they get promoted. But definitely didn’t move for money. If they go up and he is a regular it could work out for him.

He loved being at Hibs. Lennon was a factor in him leaving. But I think it was also to give England a go.

If he was to come back up the road I think we have a great chance of getting him.

I heard from a very good source as well as there isn't a Sunderland player in the 1st team squad earning less than £5k a week before bonuses.

That Dylan has no problem with Lennon as he loved his time at Hibs as its where Lennon got him playing the best football of his career and when he comes back to Scotland he will go to the highest bidder just like he always has.

"Very good sources" who would trust them eh.

FilipinoHibs
18-02-2019, 10:34 AM
There are Hibbies out there who simply can't resist attacking a manager who gave us 2 brilliant seasons, including promotion and clinching a European slot.

The snidey, character-assassinating comments keep coming, despite Neil Lennon having departed, and now, as you say, re-writing history has become part of their narrative.

Even Leeann Dempster is under their sinister attacks - compelling her to come out fighting her corner, despite all the good that she has done for our club.

It's only a matter of time until they turn on Higgingbottom.

We struggled to get promoted with no Hearts and Hers plus a very weak DU. Lat season was transformed with the introduction of Allan. He failed to fill the gaps for this season and either blamed the players, club or hid etc for his shortcomings. Rather than poor transfers and poor man management and poor tactics and poor team selection.

SChibs
18-02-2019, 10:49 AM
We struggled to get promoted with no Hearts and Hers plus a very weak DU. Lat season was transformed with the introduction of Allan. He failed to fill the gaps for this season and either blamed the players, club or hid etc for his shortcomings. Rather than poor transfers and poor man management and poor tactics and poor team selection.

Did we struggle?

bigwheel
18-02-2019, 11:01 AM
dear oh dear - a Dylan McGeough thread has again been hijacked into a Lennon debate - He has gone - why don't the haters and the lovers move on. Some nonsense being spouted on here...

The 90+2
18-02-2019, 11:34 AM
Did we struggle?

We went 2 points behind Dundee Utd after struggling to beat Raith drawing 1-1 on Christmas Eve so it wasn't exactly a completely amazing season.

We also won 2 in 10 between the end of January and mid-April.

FilipinoHibs
18-02-2019, 11:46 AM
We went 2 points behind Dundee Utd after struggling to beat Raith drawing 1-1 on Christmas Eve so it wasn't exactly a completely amazing season.

Yup took us a long time with only a few games to go to clinch it. Compare that to Hearts. Bad run mentioned in that league as well. Lennon only succeeded consistently when hecm had a multiole of other teams budget and no Gers.

Stokesy's on fire
18-02-2019, 11:48 AM

bad enough that he is not getting a game at Sunderland to then land up playing for Aberdeen touch wood Hibs take him back

Hibbyradge
18-02-2019, 11:53 AM

That's an amazing stat.

I remember not feeling relaxed about promotion until quite late into the season, but I didn't realise our form had slumped so badly.

What site do you use for previous seasons weekly league tables?

The 90+2
18-02-2019, 11:59 AM
That's an amazing stat.

I remember not feeling relaxed about promotion until quite late into the season, but I didn't realise our form had slumped so badly.

I think Dundee Utd faltered badly and also one of our wins in 10 was them away at Tannadice.

None, I just googled losing at Tannadice to a penalty because I could remember it brought us tight:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38100726

And the game at Falkirk on the 31st Dec when Commons scored to put us top:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38424741

The table at the side was at the time.

CapitalGreen
18-02-2019, 12:25 PM
That's an amazing stat.

Doesn't show the whole table but you can see our Gameweek position under the Division Summary section:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_Hibernian_F.C._season#Division_sum mary

pacoluna
18-02-2019, 12:30 PM

It's the year 2050 and 90+2 is still posting about Neil lennon.

CapitalGreen
18-02-2019, 12:38 PM

Presumably you'll still be getting proper wound up by it in 2050 too?

pacoluna
18-02-2019, 12:46 PM
Presumably you'll still be getting proper wound up by it in 2050 too?

No one's wound up. Just the irony I find funny I keep on hearing "let's move on" but those who are saying it literally can't. It's embarrassing but bash on.

The 90+2
18-02-2019, 12:51 PM
No one's wound up. Just the irony I find funny I keep on hearing "let's move on" but those who are saying it literally can't. It's embarrassing but bash on.

So what you want is posters to continue the fairy stories of "2 unbelievable/amazing/great" seasons under NL ignoring the facts and posters who wish to respond to point this out are obsessed somehow? :greengrin

pacoluna
18-02-2019, 12:53 PM
So what you want is posters to continue the fairy stories of "2 unbelievable/amazing/great" seasons under NL ignoring the facts and posters who wish to respond to point this out are obsessed somehow? :greengrin

Yes it is a bit of an obsession now, quite creepy tbh.

Hibbyradge
18-02-2019, 01:01 PM
Yes it is a bit of an obsession now, quite creepy tbh.

It's not really obsessive though.

Lennon was the manager less than 4 weeks ago so he's still going to be a subject of discussion, particularly given the unknown circumstances of his departure.

People still talk about Butcher and Fenlon who left years ago but I haven't seen you getting all pernickety about those posts.

Have you emailed Bill Leckie to tell him to move on too? :wink:

CapitalGreen
18-02-2019, 01:03 PM

For someone who's not wound up you seem to react pretty badly anytime our ex-Manager's name is mentioned in a possible negative-light.

This thread is a discussion about Dylan McGeough and refers to the circumstances around his departure, it's not unusual that NL's name has been mentioned.

pacoluna
18-02-2019, 01:07 PM
For someone who's not wound up you seem to react pretty badly anytime our ex-Manager's name is mentioned in a possible negative-light.

This thread is a discussion about Dylan McGeough and refers to the circumstances around his departure, it's not unusual that NL's name has been mentioned.

Because it's taking over every single thread.

pacoluna
18-02-2019, 01:09 PM
It's not really obsessive though.

Lennon was the manager less than 4 weeks ago so he's still going to be a subject of discussion, particularly given the unknown circumstances of his departure.

People still talk about Butcher and Fenlon who left years ago but I haven't seen you getting all pernickety about those posts.

Have you emailed Bill Leckie to tell him to move on too? :wink:

Why don't they just start a thread or continue posting on Lennon threads rather bringing his name up on every single thread regardless of the topic. Grown men with a lot of spite it's seems to me, the reason? I'm not quite sure

Who cares about bill leckie.

The 90+2
18-02-2019, 01:14 PM
Why don't they just start a thread or continue posting on Lennon threads rather bringing his name up on every single thread regardless of the topic. Grown men with a lot of spite it's seems to me, the reason? I'm not quite sure

Lennon's name was mentioned 13 times on the first page of this thread and that's to begin with. Yet you reply to me who posted with facts and stats instead of those posting speculation?

Weird. :confused:

Hibbyradge
18-02-2019, 01:15 PM

I was told months ago, maybe even last season, that Dylan McGeoch didn't like working for Neil Lennon and that is now being cited as the one of the reasons for his departure to Sunderland.

This is a perfectly relevant place to discuss NL.

pacoluna
18-02-2019, 01:22 PM
I was told months ago, maybe even last season, that Dylan McGeoch didn't like working for Neil Lennon and that is now being cited as the one of the reasons for his departure to Sunderland.

This is a perfectly relevant place to discuss NL.

Ok then. :aok:

matty_f
18-02-2019, 01:37 PM
Ok then. :aok:

It is when it's relevant to the discussion, which it evidently is.

pacoluna
18-02-2019, 01:53 PM
It is when it's relevant to the discussion, which it evidently is.

Hearsay is only allowed on this board aslong as it's not about our board/Hibs it seems. Doesn't sit rite with me.

Hibbyradge
18-02-2019, 01:59 PM
Hearsay is only allowed on this board aslong as it's not about our board/Hibs it seems. Doesn't sit rite with me.

When was hearsay about the board banned?

I've seen, and taken part in, many discussions about the board and what try might or might not have done/are doing.

The irony is that you're trying to stop people discussing our recent manager.

No-one is trying to stop discussion about the board.

MWHIBBIES
18-02-2019, 01:59 PM

Make your own forum then. Rumours from within the club have always been posted and discussed on here.

marinello59
18-02-2019, 02:00 PM
Not allowed. Utter garbage. Theres been plenty of it on here. Care to point me towards where something has been deleted for posting hearsay.

pacoluna
18-02-2019, 02:11 PM
Not allowed. Utter garbage. Theres been plenty of it on here. Care to point me towards where something has been deleted for posting hearsay.

* Heavily criticized

Not allowed was perhaps too strong a statement.

It's the irony and hypocracy that i find strange.

Any hearsay about our club has been condemned by many on this site, correctly so however it's lacks sincerity when they are happy to use it against others.

Hibbyradge
18-02-2019, 02:17 PM
* Heavily criticized

Not allowed was perhaps to strong a statement.

You're trying to shut people down from discussing Neil Lennon. That's hypocritical.

No-one has ever tried to do that to people talking about the board.

If a poster disagrees with someone's comments then they're entitled to criticise them, heavily or otherwise, regardless of the subject matter.

Neil Lennon is no longer a Hibs employee so I imagine people are going to be less inclined to defend him compared to our own people.

SquashedFrogg
18-02-2019, 02:17 PM

Why shouldn't we be referring to a person who played a significant, albeit short, part in our clubs history in 2050?

Or have I missed notification of a cut off period when previous managers can't be discussed?

Does our ex managers name make you feel uncomfortable?

pacoluna
18-02-2019, 02:18 PM
You're trying to shut people down from discussing Neil Lennon. That's hypocritical.

No-one has ever tried to do that to people talking about the board.

If a poster disagrees with someone's comments then they're entitled to criticise them, heavily or otherwise, regardless of the subject matter.

I'll continue to criticize the hypocracy of some on this board.

pacoluna
18-02-2019, 02:20 PM
Why shouldn't we be referring to a person who played a significant, albeit short, part in our clubs history in 2050?

Or have I missed notification of a cut off period when previous managers can't be discussed?

You wanted to move on remember,so you keep telling us.

Hibbyradge
18-02-2019, 02:22 PM

You're entitled to do so.

But you're the one being hypocritical this time.

90+2 posts loads of nonsense, but he wasn't even being controversial when you tried to shut him down.

marinello59
18-02-2019, 02:23 PM
* Heavily criticized

Not allowed was perhaps too strong a statement.

Any hearsay about our club has been condemned by many on this site, correctly so however it's lacks sincerity when they are happy to use it against others.

You are free to condemn any hearsay you disagree with. This isn’t the Oxford debating society, there are no debating rules other than to remain respectful of each other. For example we often wear green tinted glasses which can see us post something directly opposed to what we said last week. It inconsistency and occasional bias rather than hypocrisy though isn’t it?
This place really shouldn’t be taken too seriously.

SquashedFrogg
18-02-2019, 02:28 PM
You wanted to move on remember,so you keep telling us.

🤣 Struck a nerve? Let's put things into context here shall we. In the midst of a ding dong slanging match about Lennon, our board, new manager last week, I suggested that we all move on. Support the new man and ease off the board.

It was at a point where it was getting a bit out of hand. I pointed out I liked Lennon, was disappointed he wasn't our manager anymore, but had come round to the view that we should focus on moving forward. Arguing amongst ourselves wasn't doing anyone any good.

You then thought you'd be clever and suggest I move on. Missing the whole tone of my post.

FWIW I think most people have moved on. And can discuss Lennon in more civilised manner.

You however, still seem to have issues about simply hearing his name. Regardless of how it's referred to.

I find that a little bit odd.

J-C
18-02-2019, 03:01 PM

Every single thread on here that does not have any fact is hearsay, we've had 2 weeks of hearsay regarding Lennon, and countless more on other subjects before that. Every transfer thread is generally hearsay, the only thing we can state as fact is game day threads a nd anything posted by the official club statements. I think you're taken all this too seriously and need a wee lie down mate.

Beefster
18-02-2019, 03:16 PM

You’re to blame for me having ‘In the Year 2525’ by Zager and Evans in my head all afternoon.

Next time, please pick a better song. Thanks.

ancient hibee
18-02-2019, 03:49 PM

That guy Hugh Shaw really fouled up in 1953.Should have won the league and the Coronation Cup.Won neither.

One Day Soon
18-02-2019, 03:54 PM
Groundhog Day. Thread after thread after thread.

Monts
18-02-2019, 04:00 PM

Now who's hijacked the thread

:wink:

pacoluna
18-02-2019, 04:20 PM
Groundhog Day. Thread after thread after thread.

Correct.

J-C
18-02-2019, 06:19 PM
Correct.

The only reason Lennon's name came up on this thread was a response as to why Dylan didn't stay at Hibs, Lennon's name will pop up in threads, especially as he's only just left the club, jeez we still talk about Turnbull, Butcher, Fenlon, Mixu etc.

MyJo
18-02-2019, 06:44 PM
If there is any possibility that we could get McGeouch back in the summer we should be grabbing it with both hands.

Hi Heid Yin
18-02-2019, 08:06 PM

:agree::agree:

It's become an obsession with some posters.

lyonhibs
18-02-2019, 08:16 PM

You couldn't at least spell hypocrisy correctly could you?

SquashedFrogg
18-02-2019, 08:30 PM
A perfectly reasoned and objective thread hijacked.

Shame really.

pacoluna
18-02-2019, 09:09 PM
A perfectly reasoned and objective thread hijacked.

Shame really.

Yup the same suspects.

The 90+2
18-02-2019, 09:10 PM
Yup the same suspects.

In main, yourself.

The Modfather
18-02-2019, 09:16 PM
You’re to blame for me having ‘In the Year 2525’ by Zager and Evans in my head all afternoon.

Next time, please pick a better song. Thanks.

Better off with the Ian Brown version 😀

pacoluna
18-02-2019, 09:17 PM
In main, yourself.

Because I question you and others obsession with bringing up Lennon's name in every thread .. I'm the hijacker?

Hahaha don't make me laugh, as said a million times the irony and hypocrisy is unreal.

The thread should be called Dylan mcgeough and why he ****ed of due to big bad Lennon.

Good night.

bigwheel
18-02-2019, 09:22 PM
Because I question you and others obsession with bringing up Lennon's name in every thread .. I'm the hijacker?

Hahaha don't make me laugh, as said a million times the irony and hypocrisy is unreal.

The thread should be called Dylan mcgeough and why he ****ed of due to big bad Lennon.

Good night.

I'm with you on this one Paco...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
18-02-2019, 09:39 PM
I'm with you on this one Paco...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And I'm with Paco too

southsider
18-02-2019, 09:59 PM
Better off with the Ian Brown version 😀

I bought the Z & E record. Must have been about 50 years ago. That’s crazy.

matty_f
18-02-2019, 10:52 PM

Good night.

If you think the irony and hypocrisy are bad, wait until you see the exaggeration.

SquashedFrogg
19-02-2019, 04:55 AM

Good night.

To be fair, you did kinda burst in and ruin an interesting thread about Dylan.

Lennon's name is going to come up on threads for some considerable time (high-profile and all that) and some of the chat may, or may not be complimentary. You just need to relax and enjoy the debate.

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2019, 06:43 AM
I heard from a very good source as well as there isn't a Sunderland player in the 1st team squad earning less than £5k a week before bonuses.

That Dylan has no problem with Lennon as he loved his time at Hibs as its where Lennon got him playing the best football of his career and when he comes back to Scotland he will go to the highest bidder just like he always has.

"Very good sources" who would trust them eh.

I was told by a very good source that no one really has a clue about players salaries and that very good sources just make up figures and some people believe them.

bigwheel
19-02-2019, 06:44 AM
I was told by a very good source that no one really has a clue about players salaries and that very good sources just make up figures and some people believe them.

Pin this post ! [emoji2][emoji106][emoji122]

Fife-Hibee
19-02-2019, 06:46 PM
Dylan on the bench tonight!

Nemo
19-02-2019, 09:12 PM

I know that DM Is already making plans to get him

ancient hibee
19-02-2019, 09:25 PM
I know that DM Is already making plans to get him

Yep £500,000 to Sunderland plus £100K signing on fee to Dylan plus £10K a week.

SquashedFrogg
19-02-2019, 09:26 PM

Would be astonished if that's the financials.

ancient hibee
19-02-2019, 09:30 PM
Would be astonished if that's the financials.

We can afford it.

Michael
19-02-2019, 09:54 PM
We can afford it.

That would be like 1/5 of our annual spend on players. Far too much for one player. Yes Dylan would be good, but other areas of the pitch would be weakened.

ancient hibee
19-02-2019, 10:08 PM
That would be like 1/5 of our annual spend on players. Far too much for one player. Yes Dylan would be good, but other areas of the pitch would be weakened.
A good source has told me that Rod has found unknown riches down the back of an old sofa and spending is going to rocket.This source has been spot on with other gen.

The_Horde
20-02-2019, 12:32 AM
A good source has told me that Rod has found unknown riches down the back of an old sofa and spending is going to rocket.This source has been spot on with other gen.

Not strictly true, it was actually down the back of his tv.

That's why he's been acting nasty.

Haymaker
20-02-2019, 12:49 AM
Not strictly true, it was actually down the back of his tv.

That's why he's been acting nasty.

Don't see Rod having wall to wall empty cans myself.

SquashedFrogg
20-02-2019, 06:21 AM
We can afford it.

Afford, possibly. Prepared to pay, doubtful. Cracking player but injury prone.

Expensive gamble for those sort of figures.

WellingtonHibby
20-02-2019, 06:33 AM
Afford, possibly. Prepared to pay, doubtful. Cracking player but injury prone.

Expensive gamble for those sort of figures.

He played every game for 2 seasons straight. Pipe down

SquashedFrogg
20-02-2019, 06:51 AM

Pipe down lol Couldn't tell you the last time I heard that 🤣 Nice one wee man.

How did his Sunderland career start? Pretty sure he was injured initially.

2 things.

(1) I'd love to see him back. Phenomenal midfielder.
(2) His career has been blighted a little with injuries, so my point was it would an expensive gamble for us.

BILLYHIBS
20-02-2019, 06:53 AM
In his four seasons with us Dylan played 121 games scoring 4 goals two of which penalties

Better playing stats than I expected tbh

Do not want to put a negative slant on this chat but I cannot see him resigning for us anytime soon

No particular reason just my honest opinion :greengrin

ian cruise
20-02-2019, 07:03 AM

I'm as big a Dylan fan as you'll find I'm sure but that not correct, he played a full season last season, the season before he managed 18 games. He's not been playing at Sunderland so it's impossible to use that as part of the stats, and as Squashed Frogg says, he has been injured during this sesmason too.

Great player, we're possibly missing him more than McGinn but that sort of money is more than we should be paying for him, or anyone really unless we had Aberdeen/Hearts style outside donations adding to our income.

SquashedFrogg
20-02-2019, 07:11 AM
In his four seasons with us Dylan played 121 games scoring 4 goals two of which penalties

Do not want to put a negative slant on this chat but I cannot see him resigning for us anytime soon

Just shows you. I thought it was less.

And as much as I would love him back I also can't see it. But you never know.

SquashedFrogg
20-02-2019, 07:15 AM
I'm as big a Dylan fan as you'll find I'm sure but that not correct, he played a full season last season, the season before he managed 18 games. He's not been playing at Sunderland so it's impossible to use that as part of the stats, and as Squashed Frogg says, he has been injured during this sesmason too.

Great player, we're possibly missing him more than McGinn but that sort of money is more than we should be paying for him, or anyone really unless we had Aberdeen/Hearts style outside donations adding to our income.

This for me. It's a lot of money. I'm pretty sure he had a niggly injury right at the start of the season.

There's no doubt he's stronger than when he first arrived at us when broke down a few times.

The boy would boss our midfield right now, but many 10k a week players would.

superfurryhibby
20-02-2019, 07:20 AM

League games in four full seasons. No idea how many he completed, but he wasn’t a sub very often.

So, just over half our games until the final year of his contract. A very good player for us, but also a very expensive one given his appearance ratio and supoosed high wages. If Aberdeen did want, him cest la vie. I doubt Hibs will be breaking the bank for his return.

SquashedFrogg
20-02-2019, 07:24 AM

So he never. Why just make things up?

BILLYHIBS
20-02-2019, 07:44 AM
League games in four full seasons. No idea how many he completed, but he wasn’t a sub very often.

So, just over half our games until the final year of his contract. A very good player for us, but also a very expensive one given his appearance ratio and supoosed high wages. If Aberdeen did want, him cest la vie. I doubt Hibs will be breaking the bank for his return.

2014/15 Starts 21 As a sub 5 total 26 goals 3
2015/16 Starts 24 As a sub 6 total 30 goals 0
2016/17 Starts 16 As a sub 7 total 23 goals 1
2017/18 Starts 36 As a sub 6 total 42 goals 0

Total. 121 goals 4

Source: fitbastats

Does not include friendlies

Springbank
20-02-2019, 09:30 AM
This for me. It's a lot of money. I'm pretty sure he had a niggly injury right at the start of the season.

There's no doubt he's stronger than when he first arrived at us when broke down a few times.

The boy would boss our midfield right now, but many 10k a week players would.

I would look at it a slightly different way:

1. Track Record - Has this guy won the Cup at Hibs...YES
2. Loves Hibs & Edinburgh - did Dylan develop a strong bond with the Hibs support, the club, the city...YES
3. On record - has he said he would love to return one day....YES
4. Ambition - if we lose him to Aberdeen will Aberdeen probably outplay us...Yes
5. Do we want to compete with Aberdeen or settle for 5th or lower?

TBC

PatHead
20-02-2019, 09:50 AM

2. Loves Hibs & Edinburgh - did Dylan develop a strong bond with the Hibs support, the club, the city...YES
4. Ambition - if we lose him to Aberdeen will Aberdeen probably outplay us...Yes

TBC

Remember Aberdeen will need a replacement for Shinnie and have his wages available.

My_Wife_Camille
20-02-2019, 10:09 AM
Don't see Rod having wall to wall empty cans myself.
If Rod wants to sit in and just penny pinch he will, nobody's going to ****ing tell him jack

SquashedFrogg
20-02-2019, 10:13 AM

TBC

Fair enough. IMO:

Yes. As did a few players who have now left. Little chance any of them will return.

I have no idea if he 'loves' Hibs or Edinburgh. Did he stay in Edinburgh or travel through from Glasgow? Anyway, I'm sure he enjoyed his time here though. Fans certainly enjoyed his time at the club.

If I had a £ for every player who said they'd love to return to 'insert club' one day. Fans like to hear this kind of stuff but I'd take with pinch of salt tbh.

Not necessarily to do with ambition. More financial reality. We wouldn't be losing a player who isn't ours. Will they outplay us? Nobody knows the answer to this.

Clearly we want to compete with Aberdeen. But we are going to have to be smarter in terms of outlay and recruitment. Blowing a huge wedge (remember £10k / £500k fee was speculated in this thread) is IMO not sensible. We have the 5th biggest budget in Scotland. Overachieving has been referred to recently and that's essentially what we have to do.

All that aside, I would be delighted if he was back at ER.

MrRobot
20-02-2019, 10:56 AM

Surely there is no way Aberdeen would be offering 10k a week, nonsense figures.

The 90+2
20-02-2019, 11:16 AM

Aye, no danger. That's a massive risk.

ancient hibee
20-02-2019, 12:51 PM
It’s a made up story.

SquashedFrogg
20-02-2019, 01:28 PM
It’s a made up story.

Indeed. Although I'm not quite sure why you made an earlier point suggesting we could afford it? When clearly the figures were fanciful at best and we couldn't afford it.